BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC. Danaar Kaas (Mata Nui Technology Emporium)

"All right, I'll hire you. Knowledge of metallurgy will be useful in Ta-koro", Lenat said after a moment of silence. Fantastic! I smiled, thanked him and shook his hand a little bit too excitedly, glancing at the gloves. I would love to find out the techniques that had been used in it's making, but they weren't mine. I reminded myself to refrain from stealing. Not that I was ever a thief. Except for.. ah, never mind.

Time to start working again.

• Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"Mr. Shaddix was my father, and he ain't been the most talkative of guys the past couple years." From down the room and across the bend in the wall, the sounds of homegirl fending off Trix-are-for-Kids echoed dimly through my bedroom. Where all these Guards were starting to flood in from, I had a pretty good idea; the fight hadn't been public and courtesy had been slacking since Turaga Vakama was buried. Someone had to put a stop to them, and with Joske gone it was up to me and the increasingly-appealing Skyra Daring to hold the levees. "If you want to talk to Dor, all you gotta do is ask." 

I pushed myself up in bed and reached for the bottle of bourbon, neck still warm from Joske's grip. I took a long drink and then stood up totally. The first couple steps came shakily - and so did the next couple sips - but shirtless, bloodied, and grinning I managed to stagger out to the door of my bedroom. Skyra was standing sentinel while Tarotrix tried to look over my shoulder; there was a lean, scarred Toa of Magnetism who looked singularly out of place amongst the cops standing off a bit to the side. Skyra turned to look at me. I owed her a grin, so I smiled at her and leaned in, bravado as intact as you could ever hope for it to be, to plant a smooch on her forehead.

"Good method acting, Sky. Thanks for the assist." I leaned in the doorway opposite to her, taking another drink of whiskey and washing it around my mouth through gritted teeth; I could still feel caked blood washing along with the alcohol, and the shot went down tasting like copper and victory. 

"Before we chat," I announced unceremoniously, "I doubt you had the courtesy to bring my newfound fortune with me, but I want it in writing that I'm getting my money. Grokk had a price on his head. You know how it works - I gave you the head, you give me the price."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Banged up, for sure. Definitely having trouble standing.

-No-, Jol, it's all an elaborate ruse. The stab wounds and lacerations are carefully placed ketchup. The barely-there balance just means he hasn't eaten enough and he's light headed. TOTALLY nearly got us there.

Statements of the obvious aside, there was no denying that this guy had seen better days by a kio and a half. Props to him for standing and chatting. The booze probably contributed to it, but he still had to respect that kind of grit. You don't just drink until you get it, not at all. You earn that.

Wasn't the smartest thing to do, though.

"Sure you want to be up on your feet, man? You're still on Queer Street." He asked, already having a good idea of the answer.

"Still leaking, too." He noted.

OOC: Mobile

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

Miira..

I had the same dream again. First, I saw her laughing, then giving me a quick kiss on the cheek, and then giggling when she saw me smiling and blushing. Others were laughing at well. I was a different person back then. These memories would be heartwarming, but they're the opposite.

Next I saw her with a deep, bleeding wound in her head. She was barely conscious. The Skakdi ambusher who had hit her in the head was lying on the ground nearby, having trouble breathing after I crushed his ribcage with my mace. I was on the verge of crying, refusing to belive what was happening. My friends were being slain around me, the guttural war-cries of the ambushers echoing in the valley. But for me, that wasn't happning. All I paid attention to was Miira.

"I love you.. But I beg you, avenge me, kill those Rahi-spawn.. and please.. remember.. me."

I was silent. Her eyes stopped glowing, her heartlight was extinguished. I slowly put her body on the ground. A Vortixx like myself was running towards me, his sword high, ready to strike. He died soon after. One after another, I slew the ambushers, until only half a dozen were left. They retreated, throwed insults at me. I didn't care.

Then I see myself burying Miira and my friends. All of them were dead, and so was the old Dartakh.

Then I always wake up.

This time inside the Obsidian Outpost, the base of the Outsiders. I had joined them after spending a month on this isle. I am a mercenary, and this is an organization for others like myself. Everyone takes their jobs seriously, and I admire that.

I was sitting on my bed, inside my quarters. They say that there are five stages of grief, and that eventually, everyone moves on. For some reason, I was stuck on the second stage. Anger. I was weak, I let Miira die. I wasn't prepared, I wasn't taking my job seriously. Now, everything is different. I train all the time, I keep a strict diet, and I avoid forming relationships. I would never fail again. I would be the greatest warrior of all.

But Miira will remain dead..

I shook my head, stood up, picked up my trusty mace and went training. Soon, however, Zero called a meeting..

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Tarotrix)

"You'll have to talk to Captain Angelus for payment, erm-Dorian," Taro said, the first name coming off rather awkwardly. "He holds the purse-strings of the guard."

So there was the infamous Dorian Shaddix, mark-bearer, assassin, and general ne'er-do-well. A ne'er-do-well however, allied to Ta-Koro. He was a tad put off by Dorian's uncouth drinking, as he all too often had little patience with drunks. But it seemed Shaddix was decently sober. Seemed. Considering he had the Commander to possibly wrangle in the Ba-Toa, he thought he would be able to conduct a through and detailed inquisition into the events beforehand.

"Now, before we begin our discussion, do you want me to call in a medic? Or can we sit down and discuss the fight? Perhaps with Mr. Nimil as well?"

Edited by Mr. House
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC Avsa (Tracer)

"Bark! Bark, bark!!! Snarl..."

"Lycaon! No bark!"

Avsa, holding two bowls of raw meat and vegetables, rushed outside. Lycaon must have seen a wayward gukko again; knowing her, she would be barking up a storm. Rushing outside, she snapped at her dog before placing one bowl of food on the ground. As Lycaon ate her food, Avsa walked over to Lupus, who was lounging on the rocks. The more placid of the two Kavinika lifted her head, sniffing the air as Avsa drew close. Unlike the ferocious and ill-tempered Lycaon, Lupus lazily stared at the food before taking a few bites. Avsa sighed as she walked a few steps away; she would still have to get used to this pair of what she would still consider pups.

Guanhumi crawled up to her, quiver of arrows in his claws. The ussal crab, who had been with her for almost fifty years now and had memorized her entire schedule. "After feeding the Kavinika, you go and shoot several hundred rounds of target practice," the crab would have said if it could talk. Smiling, Avsa took the arrows from the crab and headed to the target range in the base. As Guanhumi took his own place on the rocks, Avsa entered the shooting range. Taking her bow from her back, she began firing shots from various distances and angles.

How long had it been since she came to this island? One hundred years? And seventy of them spent in the wilds, living like an animal? And here she was now, doing the dirty work of one of her fellow Skakdi, doing the same things that she did in the wilderness: tracking, subduing, and if the job called for it, killing. A generation of Kavinika come and gone, with their children taking their place; and one loyal crab still by her side. A life lived on the outskirts, both then and now. Just doing the same things over and over again...

... Did she expect a different result?

Loren- Ta-koro- Steam Tunnels

IC: Loren may have caught the trail once again but that hardly meant he could just catch up right away. The tunnels had enough twists and turns that teleportation was highly limited, forcing the Guardsman to make short jumps in an attempt to move as quickly as possible. Running away via the steam vents was a popular tactic for the more daring of criminals and the last time the Toa of Sonics had chased one through them he had ended up with a scalded leg for his troubles.

As he traveled Loren went over that echo he had picked up. It had been pretty distant, far enough that he almost doubted it had come from the person he was chasing. Still, he could not think of any other person that would be down here and escaping the person chasing you was generally a good reason to celebrate. Loren probably would not have even picked the noise up if not for his element.

A quick check of his mental map placed the noise as originating somewhere near the Kohli stadium. a troublesome spot if there ever was one. There were several exits from the tunnels in that spot and even when no game was going on the place always had a decent number of people about. Not willing to stay down here any longer than needed, Loren sped up, running full tilt around corners and using his mask whenever possible.

Almost five minutes later and the Guardsman was starting to hear the hissing and clanking the signified that another burst of steam was about to rush through the tunnels. Up ahead he could see a grate that let out into some kind of underground room. The cover grate was in place but the residue that built up from repeated blasts of steam and minerals had been disturbed. Somebody had passed through recently. Whether or not it was the Toa he was chasing was was irrelevant at this point as Loren teleported through and dove to the side to avoid the jet of scalding water that followed him.

Looking around it seemed that Loren was in a boiler room of some kind. And judging from from his mental map, it was probably the one below the Kohli stadium. The jet of steam ended and he headed up the nearby stairs.

It was indeed the stadium. A large impressive hallway lay before him with several doors leading off on either side. A marble floor gleamed in the light of ever-shining lightstones on the walls. As expected, there was nobody in sight so Loren continued on. Around the corner was probably one of the largest trophy cases on the island. Shaped gold and silver gleamed in the same light as the floor as they caught the eye. It was something that could easily take ones breath away...if they payed it more than a passing glance.

There were a few people walking around or staring at the case full of trophies. Off to one side was an old Matoran with a mop and bucket, quietly cleaning the floor in that steady, patient way that only came from years of doing the same thing over and over. It was Jinn, the Head Janitor and probably the most recognizable character in the stadium to people who spent any time there. He had been there since the place opened and people said that he would be there until it fell down around his ears.

Walking over to the aged Matoran, Loren spoke.

"Excuse me sir. Have you seen a Toa pass through here recently? Red and gold coloring, handsome. Spiky looking mask you probably never seen before?"

Jinn merely nodded and pointed at one of the hallways leading off from the room they were currently in. Loren thanked the smaller being and turned to go in the direction indicated when he spotted a Ta Toa walking out of what was probably a locker room with a duffel bag over his shoulder. For a second the Toa of Sonics ignored the other Toa before something caught his eye and he did a quick double check

Same build.

Pretty different coloration. Fairly detailed too.

Same sword.

And same unique as all karz mask.

"You happen to look an awful lot like the guy I've been trying to catch up to for the past twenty minutes. You seem to have...changed somewhat though."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Minnorak Enforcer

I stand atop the Outpost tower of Obsidian, overlooking our arena. Champion is down there, hammering away at a target with his mace. He's got a lot of anger; it's plain for all to see. I can't help but wonder what has happened to him to make him the way he is. I could ask, but I never have. Not because I can't, but because I don't want to. If he wanted to share his story, he would. If I did ask, he wouldn't tell, and it would be a waste of words.

I believe in efficiency; I don't waste my words. 

I turn and look the other way, out across the Tren Krom Break, where we have made our home. A chill wind, carried across from Ko-Wahi, lashes at me, but I ignore it. I've suffered far worse than a little bit of cold, and survived. I can tolerate some minor discomfort. 

But I don't need to do so for long, it seems, for a summons soon comes from down below. 

Zero is calling a meeting. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Joske's in the back, tripping off post-coital bliss. It's the only way to fly." I took another drink and smiled at Skyra - my canines were still a little flecked with blood but the whiskey had washed most of the residue off and left them white as pearl. "Keeps me buzzed, but it leaves him a little worn weary. We can talk out here - especially since i'm not exactly comfortable with all the people barging into my loft without probable cause. Want a drink? Nah, course you don't, you're stiff as a--" 

Skyra giggled pre-emptively.

"--anyway, no medic. No chairs. No Captain, so I'm not getting my money any time in the next hour or so...no need for discussion, really. Did you see me with that spear? Sky, did you hang on to that spear? I want it. I want it somethin' fierce."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Post Whatnow? he wondered, confusion flashing across his face.

Well, he was determined to stay on his feet. His choice. Didn't like how he was calling for a spear, though.

He edged forward, taking a stride up onto the first step of the stairwell.

There's no way he seriously wants to fight in his condition.

helo frens

IC: Skyra

I glanced away from everyone after Dorian kissed my forehead, my cheeks felt really warm and my heart had skipped a beat. Then Dorian started talking again and he got me to giggle, I was such a teenager....

"Oh the spear? Yeah I brought it inside. Got your rifle too." I patted the rifle slung on my shoulder, I was growing rather fond of it already. I needed to get one of my own. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC Forger, Obsidian Outpost

"Concentrate."

His attempts numbered in the dozens, if not hundreds. Rough shards of broken metal and warped blades littered his workshop.

"The hilt, this is where the grain twists."

He channeled his elemental energy into the metal, willing it to take the shape he held in his mind. He put his hammer aside, this was delicate work.

Time drew itself out. It could have been minutes, more likely seconds. But for him it felt as if hours or days were passing. He was rudely awoken when a signal came from the depths. A meeting called by Zero, he had been waiting for the summons. It had been nearly a week since they had last gathered as a group. There were issues to discuss, jobs to review. He himself wanted to bring up the events surrounding Ko-Koro, nasty rumours had spread from the frozen region.

He stood, metallic dust fell off or was stirred by his movement, shimmering ochre in the Ta-Wahi sun. The sword he now held was one he had dreamt of recently, he felt sure he had seen it's use in some long past battle. It was a long and elegant sword, a flamberge with a simple T-shaped crossbar. He was sure the actual weapon was a thing of both beauty and power. He gathered the scrap iron and failed attempts into a large statue before him. Any of the weapons he owned could easily cut it.

One slash, horizontal.

Another failure. The pieces of the shattered blade lay on the floor. He tossed the ruined hilt aside. Clearly, he did not yet own this sword.

He left his workshop and moved to the courtyard, he needed to make sure the others knew of the summons.

...but close to it

IC:

I pointed an appraising finger at Skyra and grinned at the Toa of Magnetism who'd edged forward.

"See? Police girls." I looked at Tarotrix, then Skyra, and winked. "Coolest women in my life these days."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Erm...Once Mr, Nimil is in a presentable state, please have him come down," Taro said, with a slight tint of awkwardness. It wasn't often that he came into such odd situations, he thought to himself. Nonetheless, he thought he should as well be polite. "And as for a drink, I wouldn't mind scotch, if you have any..."

He grabbed a stool, and sat down. "Now, can you give me your take of the events?" 

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Huh.

I guess I'll keep that in mind?

He was having a hard time getting a good read on Dorian. The guy had an air of danger around him, he wore it like a cloak, but yet he still looked for all intents and purposes... cordial. Like he was more than happy to just shoot the as opposed to be on either side of an interrogation.

He glanced over to Skyra, her face still tinged with red. If she was a police girl, there was no way this guy would be that terrible.

Right?

Well, he certainly couldn't say things weren't interesting now.

helo frens

IC:

"Shoot, officer, I got just about anything you could ask for - as long as you don't like ice. None in this establishment. Only things I don't take neat are my notes and my women." I took a sip of bourbon from the bottle. "Yeah, sure, it's just in--AAGH! Frick!"

I had moved to gesture with my left hand, but had halted when my arm had bent in an L-shape parallel with my jaw. Skyra stepped forward to check out the injury and Tarotrix jumped in his seat at the outburst of pain, but I waved them both off with an angry hiss.

"Nah, nah, it's okay. Grokk hammered my arm...pulled me down to the street a lot, think I scuffed some cobblestones...Sky, if I show you where the scotch is, could you reach it?" I asked. Normally, I hated so much as appearing less than infallible, but...anyway, Skyra nodded and affirmed she needed a drink too, so we walked back into the bedroom and rounded the bend. As soon as I was out of eyesight, I turned to look at the Toa of Air and winked - rolling my left arm around, natural as ever, in a windmill shape, before wordlessly holding it in the same awkward position I had in a second before. 

"Up on that counter. Bring one glass - the Toa of Magnetism doesn't drink, I can tell. Has the same stance the Captain does, probably jungle-bred. The Matoran's too stuffy to drink from the source. Rest of the bottle is yours."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Skyra

I gave Dorian an amused look, before doing what he said and acquiring a glass and a bottle from the shelf and pouring the drink into said glass. Really that left a lot more in the bottle than was in the glass, but that was fine by me. It wasn't like Liara hadn't taught me a thing or two about drinking. 

Soon enough we came back out of the bedroom, I handed the Matoran the glass before going back to where I'd been standing before. I took a long sip from the bottle, nearly took me by surprise, it had been a while since I'd tasted alcohol. Strong stuff.

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC

Toa Joske

Chapter One: Crystals, Temples, Secrets... oh my.

First I need to do some shopping.

I swung out from the showers and nearly stopped: Mr. Kualsi was walking right at me. For a second the what I now realized was a Toa of Sonics ignored me before blinking rapidly and doing a double check as I calmly walked by.

Sonics. Of course. He could hear me from across the Koro if he tried hard enough... couple that with the Mask of Quick-Travel and you have yourself a master tracker. Forget congratulations; give him a freaking medal. Or a promotion.

Even as I thought that, another came from behind a dark corner. If this Toa, of whom I've never had any previous contact with before, could find me so easily, than what hope did I have in shaking my Rahkshi tail? It was a sombering thought.

"You happen to look an awful lot like the guy I've been trying to catch up to for the past twenty minutes. You seem to have...changed somewhat though."

Then again...

"Awfully look like or actually is the guy you're looking for? Kinda two different scenarios, officer, if you ask me." I said nonchalantly, turning back slightly to smile genuinely at him. "Besides, if I may so sir, it would require someone of exceedingly high skill to change one's appearance enough in under twenty minutes. I am not such an individual."

It was true enough. Even though I DID just do what I suggested was difficult, I was not trained in the art of disguise... nor quick-change artist. What I did was more or less peel off a coating, with dramatic effect. Still, I had to play along. "Please forgive my rush officer but I am in a slight hurry, so unless you have some sort of proof of identity or misdeed I would like to be on my way?"

While I let him think on that for a moment I approached Jinn. Ah, good old Jinn. That ancient old Matoran, still clutching that mop head of his, tirelessly cleaning the halls of stadium in the never-ending battle against dirt and grime. I wouldn't say that the Head Janitor and myself were exactly "friends" back in the day, but you could chalk it up to an understanding due the nature of my past employment. Had to be the most recognizable guy in the whole complex, having been here since this place opened, probably still here when it fell down around his ears... and of course he'd attempt to clean it up.

I was wondering if he was slowly becoming senile.

"Hey, Jinn, I have a small favor to ask of you... "

I bent down to his level, prepared to whisper in his ear, only to remember there was a Toa of Sonics not twenty feet away. So instead I reached into my gym bag and pulled out a notepad and a pen and scribbled a message on it before handing it to him. Taking a momentary break from his Crusade of Cleanliness he slowly read the note, head moving up and down as his old eyes traversed the words. He didn't say anything as he finished, merely nodding and folding the note, tucking it into a front pocket.

His eyes however, those bulbs who had literally seen everything, we glowing a little brighter than usual now.

"Plassse it in my offissse, sssssonny, and make sshhure to lock the door after ya!" His whistling voice trailed after me as I began to walk away, the shrill tone not nearly as annoying as I remembered. "It'sssss too valuable to be left unguarded. Have a nisssse day!"

"Rather amiable today, isn't he?" I remarked dryly to no one in particular, though I admittedly threw it behind me to the Guardsman. It only took a moment to find his office, after which I entered solo, making sure to close the door behind me, knowing that Mr. Kualsi would be waiting for me outside. Setting down my gym bag I pulled out my disk launcher and with something of a sad reverence placed it on Jinn's desk. Vakama had given it to me as a dying gift, something to aid me in my quest and to compliment my powers, but now it really was dead weight. As special and ornate as it was I could no longer use some of its functions, whereas a normal one would more than suffice. Besides, it was too special, too much sentimental value to too many people for me to selfishly carry it around, so what I asked Jinn via that note was place this with the other exhibits in that trophy case... with the other valuables. It was only right. With a small sigh I let it go, slinging the bag over my shoulder again and exiting, keeping myself between the opening and the door before shutting it again, making sure the door was locked before I did. Sure enough that Toa of Sonics was there, gazing at me intently. Again to his credit I could not read his face, so I simply shrugged and made my way to the exit.

"Think of anything yet?"

Dangerous game to be sure, but at this point it would be a hard sell for him. If he stuck to the rooftops he could not make out any defining features of me or anything I was carrying; couple that with my color change as he admitted I looked similar, but still vastly different from the individual he was chasing earlier. My mask was pretty distinctive, but as far as I had seen yet only the Maru had unique, individual masks, so I could easily argue that there may be another Ta-Toa in the city with a similar mask; just because he hadn't seen a duplicate didn't mean others didn't exist. My sword was in its sheath, and the sheath itself was simple, plain, and in fact rather non-distinctive; you could go down to any blacksmith or leather shop and find this exact type or scabbard. Even the metal handle was fairly nondescript despite appearances; sturdy, elegant metal hilt, true, but in the end still a basic T-shaped crossbar with an unadorned ovular pommel. He couldn't peg me there. The only thing left was the launcher, but it was now safely hidden away in Jinn's office, not once visible to the officer and I had made sure he was still outside when I locked the door. Despite the mask's teleportation abilities it only worked with line of sight, and since Jinn's office door window was the frosted kind unless he either broke in or got the key he wouldn't ever see it again until the weapon was mounted on the wall later this week. At this point as far as I could see all he had was a circumstantial case, albeit a strong one.

Besides, I didn't mind stringing along one of Angelus' best and finest. He would figure it out eventually, no doubt, but until he had the proof I'd mess with him a bit.

Probably the last fun I was going to have for a while.

I pushed the exit double doors wide open as I stepped outside into the thick, ashy air.

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Loren- Kohli Stadium

IC: The Toa was right, legally Loren had nothing on him. If the situation warranted it a Guardsman could bring in a suspect on very thin grounds. This was not one of those times.

The being in front of him was uncannily like the one he had been chasing. Everything was the same with the exception of the very detailed color change. His gut told him that it was the same being and the Guardsman trusted his gut. It had kept him alive for the past hundred years his memory reached. Thinking back on the Toa's former appearance reminded him of something he had said earlier when Loren had caught sight of the then much brighter Toa.

Figuring he had nothing to lose, Loren swept his arm up and twisted his hand. His next words were beamed directly to Joske and nowhere else. The errant sound waves caught and absorbed before they could propagate.

"What are you running from...Toa Joske?"

The last two words had a slight ring to them, as if the simple words had greater power for the plain fact that it was a name.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I clinked the base of my bottle against Skyra's find and then took a deep sip, bracing one leg against the wall and slouching a little in lieu of finding a stool. Sitting with any sort of posture would have been too hard on my back after the number of times Grokk had tossed me to the ground - or so the Guard would believe; they weren't exactly far off the mark - so when I'd adopted a posture that didn't make me want to curse in pain for real I took another drink and looked at Tarotrix.

"What's the deal?" I asked. "Seriously. Used to be you could actually get in a fight by your own front door without the Guard breaking your stones about it. Times, they are a'changin'."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Natharius.

"You might be right..." Natharius mused, "but it's not exactly something I'm going to take comfort in." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

The mood in the room darkened a little, the humming coming from the edge of the room quieting as the Ta-Toa at the counter silently slid the vegetables he'd been cutting into a pot. Saeva's mother frowned a little, tapping the side of her mug pensively. Her daughter went completely silent, doing her level best to keep her expression neutral. While the reaction wasn't as bad as Torana may have expected, it was quite clear that the events only a short time before were still a sore subject.

"The Lavapool." The Ta-Toa shopkeeper finished for the Vo-Toa, taking a quiet sip from her mug. "Was about a day ago, now. We were running the shop as usual, when the Guard started filling the streets. Procedure for a maximum security breakout, we could tell. We used to see it much more often than we do now. Given the nature of the criminals we often house, we of course had preparations."

"The explosion... That we didn't predict. The fighting broke out before we could even ascertain what had happened. With our proximity to the scene, it was inevitable that the fighting would threaten us. A few villagers took shelter here, helped us prepare some defenses. There was some noise outside, but nothing made it through the door. A friend in the Guard told us that something happened at Ta-Kini, too. Must have been bad, because the details are being kept quiet even in the Guard."

Saeva was quiet throughout the account, controlling the heat that threatened to radiate outwards from her skin. Her demeanor didn't change, and a few deep breaths forced it back down, but every word only served to strengthen a single thought; something needed to be done.

"But," The Ta-Toa continued, smiling faintly again. "We had a feeling that it might bring Saeva running. She never could stay away, when something was happening here. Didn't think she would bring companions, however."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii sat down at one of the stone tables. They weren't very large but they would fit. Ryzen stood out very heavily against the red decor and got some odd glances. The inside was cozy, to say the least. It was pretty well kept and not as old as many other buildings Akhulii had seen in that koro. After waiting in line for a few quick minutes, they were led over to a table by a Ta-matoran waiter. He looked somewhat surprised to see such strangers in Ta-Koro, but 

Akhulii shook his head and then picked up a menu tablet. "First, we order."

He read the tablet slowly, and he seemed to get somewhat more disappointed as he went down. "What is this? No fish, no sushi, where's all the sea food!?"

The food on the stone tablet menu was pretty basic and regular, but Akhulii had lived in Ga-Koro his whole life and always ate sea food and such; this food was completely foreign to him.

He eventually settled on roasted Kifu bird. "It's the only thing that even sounds appetizing on here!"

IC: "You know, if I had to guess," Jol began, making his way up the stairwell fully to stand with the rest of the group, alcohol notably absent from his lips. " It started after the siege on the place. Guard began running a much tighter ship then. So when a fight broke out, there were more guards around to try and stop it." He guessed, taking up a post that sort of finished the rough diamond the four beings had created.

"Didn't stop 'em all, but a brawl in broad daylight started to get a ###### lot harder."

-------------------------------------------------

IC: Erzu grinned, shrugging his shoulders slightly. "Funny how these things seem to bring us together." the Bo-Toa said, glancing over to the simmering Ta-Toa. It had been a similar event that had started the journey the two were on.

Well what started them sticking together, rather. Things weren't crazy, not THIS much, when he'd left home. No, that had definitely changed.

How was home doing right now, anyway? He'd have to come back and see what kinda ship his boys were running in his absence.

Later, though.

"Good that you guys weren't hurt." He said, leaning forward and sobering up again. "Did you happen to get any glimpses of the attackers?" He asked.

helo frens

IC: Ril

Although he was quite aware of proper social etiquette, such as not extending one's pinkie finger while drinking tea (not that he drank tea in the first place; coffee was the far superior beverage no matter what his Po-bound friend claimed), Ril never really subscribed to it. It had done him absolutely no good on the streets, where he had found himself regularly beaten up by gangsters, the guards, and other, more skilled urchins. He hadn't needed it when he'd toughened up and made a bit of a name for himself either, so why start now? It was all very unnecessary, and none of his superiors seemed to really protest his uncouthness ... if they noticed it at all. They all seemed to have their heads in the clouds. Which was bad. Because of all the smoke Ta kept pumping into the air.

It was due to this complete disregard of what was socially acceptable that lead to Ril strolling through the front door of Dorian Shaddix's house, ignoring the incredulous stares of his colleagues as he casually swiped a bottle of cheap beer and plonked down onto a nice couch in the living room. It was a very nice couch - 100% Kikanalo leather, not the weird leather substitute that some crazy Toa of the Green had come up with after a bender that involved copious amounts of crack. Probably would've fetched quite a bit on the market, but he had absolutely no intention of stealing it and searching through his list of shady contacts to find a buyer. It wasn't like he could sneak a couch out of the house anyway.

Beer in hand and now thoroughly relaxing instead of trying to pretend that he was engaging in any form of work (unlike his colleagues who actually cared about their image because seriously, who needs so many guards to question one guy and his gf?), the Toa of Fire took note of the pool table in the centre of the room. It had been a while since he'd really played, unless one counted all the times he'd been thrown into one over the last several years, but he was sure he still knew the basics. His eyepatch could be a problem though. Ril didn't actually know if his lack of depth perception could affect his skills, but eh, he'd try at least. He was just missing the use of one eye, not an arm, after all.

"Any of you slackers up for snooker?" he called. 

IC: Zauk

The humming from the monolithic block of stone increased to ever higher levels, filling the air with what almost sounded like the rhythmic beat of a heart.  It cut through the sharp crackle of electrical power, taking on a deep, bass tone as Plagia adder her own elemental power into the mix.  Shadows danced wildly about from the light show created by twin streams of arcing energy, though the glow from the stone itself remained constant.  Despite the amount of power being shot at the stone, enough to vaporize a fair bit of material, it's surface remained smooth and undamaged.  While the two Toa that were launching energy into it felt something quite different than the rest.

The object wasn't hungry for their elemental power, not in the sense that it was sucking power from them, but more like they were pouring it down a bottomless pit.  They could, of course, stop the flow at any time, but the disturbing sensation of having lost something forever still lingered.  And then, just when the buzzing from the object reached it's height, it stopped abruptly, leaving those around with their ears ringing from the deafening silence that followed.  The flow of elemental energy from the two Toa of Lightning was suddenly cut off against their will, the feeling of emptiness gone with it.

Before anyone had a chance to speak, or even turn their heads to question what had just happened, the air around the monolith suddenly took on a glassy look.  The thought barely made it through Zauk's head before the pressure wave shot through the group.  It hit each of them like a blow to the head, forcing Zauk and Plagia back a step even as it rendered them unconscious.  The rest of the group didn't fare any better, as the compressed shockwave knocked each of them out in turn, leaving only the glowing obelisk standing.

Vygel was the first to awake from the blast, perhaps because he had been the furthest from the monolith when it happened.  There was no layer of ash or dust on his armor, so he couldn't have been out for more than a few minutes.  But in that time, something drastic had changed.  Namely the hole in the ground where the monolith had been just moments before.  And the undoubtedly artificial staircase that lead down it's otherwise sheer face to the darkness below.

By now, the others were beginning to awake to the sight...

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

He ignored Ril for a moment.

"The Piraka happened," Taro said, taking a long sip of the scotch. "Mind you, the Koro has always been a magnet for lunatics and terrorists. ...Something in the air, I'd like to think. But the Piraka reducing the city to their personal playground made the guard collectively snap, to put it candidly. Everyone's on edge, from the merchants to the bartenders. The days of hospitals sinking and-outstandingly bold prison escapes are quite over. The Akiri is rather adamant about it. Increased patrols, guard buildup, it's all to prevent it."

He took another sip. "So, why do you think Grokk came to Ta-Koro? To possibly kill you?"

IC:

"Don't know much about Grokk, do you?" I cracked my neck and leaned my head against the doorway. The wood felt cool, in comparison to everything else in the room save the bottle in my hand. "Guy never wanted me dead - at least, not yet. He shows up where he wants to show up, when he's in the mood to show up. He had nothin' against me, same as he's got nothin' against you, or Skyra, or anyone he's ever met. Honestly didn't think he had any emotions until he attacked me. Would've taken him out sooner, but...yeah, that surprised me a little, but at the time? Me? Dead?" I was quiet a second and drank again pensively.

"Nah. Grokk didn't care."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"Who started the fight?"

IC: Helios (Charred Forest, Secret Chamber)

Waking up to the sight of the monolith gone and a staircase leading down into another pit wasn't among my top ten of what I rather would've seen happen, but I hadn't discounted the opportunity completely either. This was a secret chamber with hidden treasure and untold monstrosities hiding within, if Zauk's vague warnings were any indication. Going from bad to worse was completely within the realm of reasonable outcomes.

Didn't help much on my mood, though.

"A headache methinks is going to be the least-smallest of my worry-problems" I mumbled as I fiddled with my disk launcher to make sure my trusty friend was still in working order.

"Hey, Plagia" I called suddenly, guiding my hammer floating across the floor towards the Vo-Toa.

"Maybe you'll get more use out of it than me, I feel more comfortable with my mainstay at the moment anyway" I said, making a point of making the launcher rattle as I started loading the magazine. Better safe than sorry.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...