BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Dakku (Ta-koro)

The beetles weren't natural. Something had created them, and there was only one being that I knew who was capable of that. But that being was dead, right? I wasn't so certain now. Were the Toa Maru lying? But the Rahkshi who were attacking the village, had retreated, and soon after Reordin had arrived from the Dark Walk, bringing great news.. Had all of that been an intricate deception by Makuta, who was still alive? Afterall, is it possible to kill a god?

..I need a drink.

"There's a tavern right there," I said to Venemi and pointed at the basalt building. "Let's go get a drink. I'm going to get some Huiku ale. What are you planning to have?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Brontes

"Good idea, I'll pay you back later. (maybe)"

The vo-toa leaves the Guard's HQ, walking around the section of town nearby. He isn't a fan of seedy bars, so he passes by several. Some with brawling or unconscious patrons outside...

He finds a respectable looking one, it's full of people and several standout-ish characters like a ta-toa, skakdi and eccentric looking matoran line the bar. Brontes takes a seat nearby.

"So, what's good here?" A question towards no one in particular, maybe towards the conversing bartender.

...but close to it

Loren- Ta-koro- Guard HQ

IC: Loren set about getting the refugees where they needed to go. The injured ones were sent to a nearby hospital while the rest were given temporary housing in the barracks.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Girah: Looking up, the Matoran responded with "The conversation, hopefully!" Regarding the new arrival with a smile, Girah nodded his greeting and took a small sip of his ale. Placing the cup on the bar, he peers over at the new arrival. "I'm Girah, Fa-Matoran, explorer, culture appreciator, and a longer for far-off lands entrapped to his native soil."

Girah offered his hand to the Toa. The draconic mask on the villager came into stark focus at this range. It was just shy of frightening, and certainly exotic. "And who might you be, kind stranger?"

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: (Karaihe)

"Bloody good beer." Karaihe responded to Brontes.

"Bloody ##### conversation." he continued, in addition to Girah's comment. "I've asked a lotta people questions like a civilised bloke, and all I get is a bloody burnak on my feet."

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: "...I thought I told you to bring these people to the Guards." the receptionist said testily, sky-blue and white armor as well as general affinity with ice and cold marvelously out of place with the rest of the village and a good portion of the staff. With a sigh, she narrowed her eyes and clicked her pen against the desk as the Toa of Magnetism carrying some poor unconscious Toa of Fire on his shoulders gave a short laugh.

"Nah, this one wasn't me. Was trying out a Kadin and slammed headfirst into the wall, honest."

"Honest." he repeated, narrowing his own in mild annoyance and injecting a hard note into his voice.

"If you say so." she said with a shrug, clicking on the buzzer with the tip of her finger. "We'll take him from here, Highwind."

"Thanks." he said, helping the nurses lay Harnaak down upon the stretcher. Once he was in place and lifted off, the Toa of Magnetism made his way back to the doors.

"Take care," he called, knowing better than to expect a response from the frigid woman at the desk. As the door shut behind him, he took a deep breath. So that was done. Now what?

It dawned on him that he had been asking that question far too frequently today. Was probably as good a sign as any that he needed to go give Angel a little visit and discuss employment. He still wasn't too sure of the whole guard business, but with his typical activities in the city, he may as well be officially authorized to do them. Besides, if Angel was head of it, it couldn't be all bad.

He'd probably fit right in.

helo frens

IC Brontes

I took the matoran's hand and shook it. "I'm a half dead toa from Ko-Koro... Well, not from Ko-Koro as in from, but came from... Temporarily." He was a small toa and the matoran was big.

And rather spooky. What the karz kind of mask was that?

"Bloody good beer. Bloody ##### conversation. I've asked a lotta people questions like a civilised bloke, and all I get is a bloody burnak on my feet."

The Skakdi doesn't seem too amiable. How unfortunate. "I'll have one of these bloody good beers this Skakdi is talking about!"

...but close to it

OOC:
Pae and Korzaa from Ko-Wahi

Trying out a new format for Pae!

IC: Pae

Pae's feel skirted around a few crates. His feet made no sound as they padded the warehouse floor, careful to displace as little dust as one could. He noted his exhaustion. The Toa of iron could hardly will his fine-tuned body to move. The gears were seizing up, worn from work and constant running. Even for a Kakama user the travel to the village was slow, made much more difficult by virtue of carrying a Matoran all the way. This was even more taxing having sustained his own minor injuries, depleted himself of elemental energy, and was now dealing with the constant pressure that at any moment agents of Echelon's could track him down and kill he and Korzaa.

Something that further troubled Pae is that without proper planning, he was forced to take the charge to a hiding place he had used before - one that eventually became compromised despite his own careful nature. It had been compromised by either his oldest friend Kino, or by the women that claimed to know Kino, Vera Polzin. Pae almost afforded himself a frown as this came to mind. Where was Kino? The two hadn't actually spoken to one another since gathering at the Kini-Nui so long ago. He was reminded that he virtually prayed for her safety each day as often as he did for himself.

He placed the still Matoran down, leaning her up against a crate.

Pae told Nika and Jin to ask for Kino at the guard, but he knew it wouldn't yield results. He made up in his mind the scenario that Kino was here. His prerogative was to give Nika's "companion" some security about taking away their village leader, clearly without her consent. This complicated things further. He'd have to meet the group before they had a chance to seek out Pae's friend. For now, he'd have to improvise.

Kneeling down, Pae reached to Korzaa's bonds and absorbed the iron he had created to prevent her escape. He reached to his pack-belt under his cloak and unclipped his water canteen. "Korzaa." Splashing the substance in Korzaa's face, Pae hoped that her rude awakening wouldn't be made more upsetting by the change of locale.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC Girah: The Matoran regarded the Skakdi with a shrug. "Thought I'd hit two targets with one disk, and tell all parties at once who I am." He took a small swig of his drink, mulling over recent event. "It really is a shame about Ko-Koro. A nice place with nice villagers. Only Koro I could really count on for a place to sleep, and now it's overrun by a bunch of brutes hoping to make a dent in the island."

He grimaced and stared off across the bar. "I can only hope my sailing expedition plans make it out alright. I spent months mapping out the stars with the acolytes and astrologers there and designing the catamaran, and now it's all in a potentially torched library." His next swig was a little deeper. Meanwhile, the Burnak trotted over to the new Toa arrival, examining Brontes with a tilted head.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC Brontes

The vo-toa pets the... ...whatever rahi it is, he is unfamiliar with it's species.

"You can only hope... Or pray if you're that kind of person." Brontes was still awaiting service from the bartender. "I'm sure once news reaches the other Koro's and their Akiri, SOMETHING will be done. As far as I know, those like you and me are the first people out of there. I guess I could be going around to warn people, but... Well I'm a little beat up for that. I'm sure the ta-koro guard will get the information to the right people. And quickly."

...but close to it

IC Girah: Budge nuzzled up into the hand as it scratched him, purring in a strangely synthetic tone. Girah nodded in agreement.

"It's not like they can ignore the flood of Ko-Matoran who just showed up. I'm just wondering what sort of shape the counterattack will take. Its not like we could load an army up on that cable car, and the rail line from Onu-Koro will be defended heavily, if not sabotaged. Same goes for the roads. The best shot would be the Fau Swamp, but swamp fighting sounds like a bad idea. The only other way in would be..."

Girah suddenly had a thought. His face lit up visibly, and his eyes swung back and forth behind his bizzare mask. Like some sort of witch-doctor or reptilian reberth of Makuta, he muttered navigational incantations and gesticulated to himself in some exotic Matoran spell.

IC Girah: Looking up at the Toa suddenly, grinning wildly, he says "Stop me if I'm crazy." and takes a deep breath.

"What if we attacked through the south glacier and ice sheet? It is always incredibly unstable, and slips down the slope in jumps rather than glide. If somebody could get on the coast in secret and find the weak points on the terminal edge of the ice flow, all it would take is some explosives in the right spots to calve a few icebergs off, ruin the buoyancy of the terminal edge of whatever portion is closest to Ko-Koro, and make a huge ice avalanche into the sea. This would leave an irregular debris-covered slant of ice. After that, you have a beach to storm and a slope to charge up, cover included."

"Now am I crazy, or might I be on to something? Because personally, I think what just came out of my mouth sounds insane."

IC Girah: "Right! I should-" There was a pause in his speech. "No. No that wouldn't work. Large amounts of high explosives aren't conducive to stealth raids, are they?"

An awkward silence hung in the air. Girah internally cursed himself. He had a tendency to ramble about plans so complex that he barely understood them, and lose the local group in the process. Clearing his throat, he attempted to save face and a potential friend.

"So, you said you were from Ko-Koro, but not from Ko-Koro. What do you mean by that?"

IC: Dakku (Ta-koro, Magma Lounge)

As I walked to the door of the building, I looked at the sign hanging above. "Magma Lounge". It sounded pleasant, although I wasn't so sure about the magma part. I opened the door, Venemi walking behind me. There were plenty of people here, Skakdi, Toa, Matoran.. I sat on the bar and ordered a mug of cold Huiku ale. Meanwhile, I heard a Fa-Matoran mention my home. Ko-koro. I turned to look at him. He was talking with a short bronze Toa, who looked a lot like a Matoran. "What about Ko-koro? I'm a refugee from there."

OoC: He's talking to Girah and Brontes, if that wasn't clear.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Venemi and Karaihe)

"I've thought about going to Ko to do something about it, but that place is completely overrun now - the only people who might help you are the Outsiders, bunch of immoral cutthroats they are..." the skakdi said. "But even then, you'd be outnumbered ten to one..."

He looked up to the newcomers...

...Venemi looked down at the beings sitting at the bar. none of them looked like they belonged together, and she especially disliked the look of that skakdi, who was grinning at her with teeth made of...diamonds?

Still, Dakku seemed interested in one of them, so she sat down and ordered a very strong drink; being lesterin, it would take a lot to knock her out, and anyway, she liked the taste of poison.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC Girah: "Right! I should-" There was a pause in his speech. "No. No that wouldn't work. Large amounts of high explosives aren't conducive to stealth raids, are they?"

An awkward silence hung in the air. Girah internally cursed himself. He had a tendency to ramble about plans so complex that he barely understood them, and lose the local group in the process. Clearing his throat, he attempted to save face and a potential friend.

"So, you said you were from Ko-Koro, but not from Ko-Koro. What do you mean by that?"

[Ta Koro, Public House]

“Large explosives maybe not, but a few competent toa of ice…” or one Toa Maru.

Lucira shrugged.  “I’m not a siege planner, but it wouldn’t hurt to spin your idea through some of the people at headquarters.  Maybe they can get something out of it.”

Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC Brontes

"If cleansing a bunch of prisoners of war sounds good to you, maybe."

Turning my attention to the matoran again... "I'm not from around here. I just happened to end up in Ko-Koro because I was delivering things. Shady business unfortunately. I was waiting for the receiver to show up when the things starting going to karz. Next thing I know I'm in a hospital full of defenders, breaching the Sanctum to save people (which didn't work...) and fighting, then working with a bunch of stuckup mercenaries..."

"All said, it was pretty traumatizing."

...but close to it

IC: Captain Korzaa

She did not know how far she had travelled, but she knew it was far. Her captor wore a Kakama, that much was clear, and the length of time he had been running indicated that a fairly substantial distance had been crossed. Based on the warmth, and the ash in the air, it wasn't hard to determine her new location- Ta-Wahi. At this point, there was nothing she could do. Although she had recovered from the shock, struggling against her bonds would do her no good. Thus, she had been feigning unconsciousness as she plotted out her next move.

Unfortunately, he next move seemed to be to make no move at all. Her captor was faster than her- she couldn’t outrun him, even if he removed her bonds. If she truly was in Ta-Wahi, she couldn’t even get back to her besieged Koro if she did escape him. Struggle appeared to be impossible.

So even when she felt her metal bonds dissolve from around her ankles and wrists, she handn’t moved out to attack her captor, although it was a tempting notion. Instead he merely opened her eyes as lukewarm water spaced over her, failing to even cool her from the blasting heat.

She glared at the lithe, black and green warrior who gazed dispassionately back at her, matching his green eyes with her ice blue ones. 

“What do you think you’re doing?” she spat at him.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC Tharros

"If cleansing a bunch of prisoners of war sounds good to you, maybe."

"Then their deaths would be honorable" he agreed "It is for the greater good that the mountain be amputated so that the infection might not prove fatal for the island" Tharros was callused, hardened, and eager for conflict. 

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: (Karaihe)

The skakdi, who hadn't been in a good fight for ages, loved the sound of this idea: "Yes, we'll charge in and obliterate the scum that resides there! All of them!"

Seeing the other's expressions, he said: "Or maybe we could just sit here drinking this bloody good beer...but I need to battle someone..."

IC: (Venemi)

The lesterin who had been listening intently to Tharros and Karaihe suddenly said:

"Are you mad?! The entire koro is crawling with Makuta's followers! It'd be suicide."

Kathok