BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Saeva reeled, out of shock more than pain, for just a moment; spinning around on her back foot she converted the involuntary reaction into a controlled one, pivoting back around and bringing left hand up in a gesture resembling a finger gun. A minute fireball spat forth from her fingerprint and impacted right between his eyes in the same place. The pain, however, was minimal and the actual damage even more so; the majority of the fire was absorbed again just before impact, resulting in something that was more of a scare than it was an actual impact.

The Ta-Toa brought her finger gun up, blowing a wisp of smoke away from her finger. Miming holstering the 'weapon', she shot the Ve-Toa a smirk and spun around again to keep walking.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

[Ta-Wahi, Mangai Tunnels]

While some others ran over to examine the body, Lucira kept her back to the rest of them, searching for anything else unusual.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: (Venemi/Mangai Tunnels)

The black and yellow armoured Bo-Lesterin hurried forwards, inspecting the body.

At a glance, she could see that it was [length of time] old body of a [insert species], with [injury] wounds dotted about it's body.

Being an expert on poisons, she also produced a small device that looked to be a long needle, glinting menacingly in the dim orange glow, attached to a thin strip of parchment.

"Poison test." she explained to the members of the group giving her funny looks, proceeding to stick the needle into one of the corpse's major veins without hesitation.

The blood would run up the hollow needle, staining the paper, which was sensitive to acidity. Immediately, she would be able to see if the blood's acidity was higher or lower than the corpse's species' norm, factoring in the freshness of the body.

Kathok

IC: Dakku (Tunnels beneath Mount Mangai)

Things turned grisly once we found a lifeless body. After witnessing half a dozen deaths in the jungles of Le-Wahi and burying their corpses, my heart had turned colder.. I understood this when the body didn't disturb or shock me in the slighest. Venemi was there, and she immediately went to investigate it. I approached her, and asked "What are you doing, Venemi?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Alsorate.

Alsorate had run ahead because it seemed safer than anywhere else, also worried about the possibility of Lava. He saw the body and stood completely still. The others swarmed over the body like Dagger Spiders on a dead Tarkava, examining it. He continued to stare at it, before looking around the surrounding area.

IC-Tavari

Tavari Looked at the dead body. "Poor soul." She muttered. She then turned her head towards one of the tunnels leading away from the Lava flow path, and seeing that it was dark, She launched a lightning bolt through a tunnel to illuminate the area.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

​IC: FINALLY he found a very large possessed snake-like rahi. After looking at him for a second, it lunged. "Alright," said Cryal, raising his hammer, "Let's see what this thing can do!" He thrust his hammer toward the serpent with all his might.

*BAAAANG!*

"Dang..." Cryal said, watching the beast fly into the distance. "I thought using so much of my energy would do something, but... HOLY--!"

He collapsed, the fatigue caused by the attack getting to him. "Okay," he said. "Maybe dial it back a bit."

Edited by MyOwnCreator

IC: He rubbed the bridge of his nose grumpily, soothing the light sting caused from the flash of heat. Friggin' firefly, always needing to get the last laugh...

Grumbling a few choice words, he sped up, drawing ahead towards the leading pair.

helo frens

IC: Natharius.

"I might take to wandering the island again..." Natharius said, uncertain, "...see where the road takes me." 

IC: Kaeren

"Well..." he trailed off as he thought for a moment. "I could use a vacation, you need a traveling partner? I haven't seen much of the rest of the island, been stuck in Ta-Koro my whole life. Would be interesting to get back and spread my wings, so to speak."

"Not sure the guard would approve of you walking out on them," Natharius pointed out, "and I've already got someone waiting on me near the city gates. Speaking of which, she's probably wondering where I am right now..." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Septima wondered where Natharius was.

Maybe he got side-tracked?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"Okay, if you're sure you want to go through with this; the Akiri's hut is this way," Wisp started leading them deeper into Ta-Koro. Mirra hung at the back of the group, making sure everyone caught up before she too followed Wisp. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

"You know," Mirra piped up as she passed by Casanuva, "I'm sure if the Akiri were a woman, we wouldn't be having this conversation," she was starting to get an idea of exactly what sorts of things motivated this guy. "But I'm sure he has plenty of pretty female advisors that you could talk to while we're there."  

"Nice," Wisp complimented, slapping a high five with Mirra. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: Wisp.

"Tell me honestly," Wisp said over his shoulder, "did this incident involve women?" 

IC: Casanuva straightened his back. "There was one. She was being threatened by one of my traveling companions at the time, a mentally unstable necromancer De-Toa, and I was telling him to back off, under threat of... well, me. Guards were called, the situation was resolved without anybody being arrested or otherwise... impaired."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

"Oh, okay then." Wisp shrugged, "Sorry, I was under the assumption that the incident had been your fault." 

"In case you were still thinking about backing out, it's too late," Mirra pointed just ahead of the group, "we're already there." 

IC: Wisp.

Exchanging a glance with Mirra, Wisp shrugged. "We're ready when you are."

He turned and looked expectantly at the other members of the group. 

IC: Kalyss overlooked the group. Three Kalta including herself, a couple, a recovering amnesiac, and a su-matoran. A bit rag-tag, admittedly, but she wasn't in the position to ask for more at the moment. The Su-Toa turned to face one of the guards, who was cautiously looking them over.

"We need to speak to Akiri..."

Jaller. Pronounced 'jah-lah'.

"-Jaller. It's fairly urgent, and is... sensitive in nature."

OOC: Queuing for Akiri Jaller?

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC Miya

Still shook up from the near escape, the Fa-Matoran didn't have much fright to spare for the rather sad looking body. She continued to log their journey and it's details in her notebook

IC Brontes

Now in what appeared to be a sparring room of sorts, the Vo-Toa turned to the big skakdi. "How about a quick match?"

...but close to it

The old Turaga waddled as fast as he could to the detective in the front. As soon as he saw the dead body, he called Weren forward. "Weren, try to stabilize the crowd! Keep them here!" he shouted over the confused crowd

Sanguivox ran ahead, asking,"Loraan, how old is it?"

I stood near the detective, inspecting the body on my own accord.

While some others ran over to examine the body, Lucira kept her back to the rest of them, searching for anything else unusual.

"Poison test." she explained to the members of the group giving her funny looks, proceeding to stick the needle into one of the corpse's major veins without hesitation.

The blood would run up the hollow needle, staining the paper, which was sensitive to acidity. Immediately, she would be able to see if the blood's acidity was higher or lower than the corpse's species' norm, factoring in the freshness of the body.

He saw the body and stood completely still. The others swarmed over the body like Dagger Spiders on a dead Tarkava, examining it. He continued to stare at it, before looking around the surrounding area.

Tavari Looked at the dead body. "Poor soul." She muttered. She then turned her head towards one of the tunnels leading away from the Lava flow path, and seeing that it was dark, She launched a lightning bolt through a tunnel to illuminate the area.

IC

Loraan had withdrawn a Lightstone from her satchel and was inspecting the body.

"Matoran, male, Ta by the look of him," she muttered. She raised her voice to answer Sanguivox's question: "Only a day or two, as far as I can tell. It's odd, though, I'm not seeing any wounds. Lots of wear and tear around the joints, though..."

She looked over to Venemi.

"Anything on the poison test?" the detective asked. The Bo-Lesterin shook her head.

"The acidity's completely normal for a body this fresh," she said.

"Hmm..." Loraan frowned pensively.

Meanwhile, Lucira's search of the surrounding area seemed to be fruitless, until she noticed an object lying a few metres away. It was a pickaxe, notched and bent, barely functional. It looked as though it had been used almost to destruction.

Tavari's lightning bolt gave her and Alsorate a brief glimpse down the dark tunnel. They could see no difference between it and the honeycomb-like rock around them, although the white flash of the lightning cast spooky-looking shadows off the strange shapes of the stone.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC-Tavari and Rendo

Tavari frowned at the barren tunnel, which had gone dark again. "Well that didn't reveal much."

Rendo looked into the darkness uneasily."Now what do we do?" He said, his voice echoing through the cavern.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Dakku (Tunnels beneath Mount Mangai)

"I think we should bury the body", I said, for that's what I had done to those who didn't survive the rainforests of Le-Wahi. "Can someone dig a hole and cover it afterwards? I doubt that pickaxe or my shovel can even dent this rock", I then asked from the people around me.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC:  Luckily, you're first in the queue for Jaller. 

IC:

The Guard looked over them carefully, noting the elements and equipment of the beings that had requested audience. After a moment, the Toa nodded and gestured down the hall. 

"Down that way. Speak to the secretary, she'll know if Jaller can see you now."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Kalyss nodded. She mentally got Vakua's attention. Vakua, I don't want you to talk to the Akiri, unless your telepathy comes up. No need to spook him. I do want you to keep an ear out for anything suspicious, though.

Vakua nodded, and pulled his headphones down around his neck. He cringed slightly as his sensitive hearing tried to cope with the loudness of Ta-Koro.

Kalyss led the group through the hallway. Jaller's secretary raised an eyebrow when the diverse group approached him. "We're here to speak to the Akiri."

IC Sanguivox:

I grab the pickaxe, looking at it forlornly. "If only this Calix I'm wearing was still great."

OoC:Apparently, My tablet works with BZPower!

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

"Not sure the guard would approve of you walking out on them," Natharius pointed out, "and I've already got someone waiting on me near the city gates. Speaking of which, she's probably wondering where I am right now..." 

IC: Kaeren

He nodded. "You're right, I'll let you get to it. Thanks again." he said as he got to his feet.

"Good luck on your travels Natharius."

IC: "It'll be quickest if I do it. I'm the least scrawny of the bunch." Teide said in that interesting accent of his, extending a hand to request the pickaxe from the Turaga.

---------------------------------------------------------

IC: Erzu shot him a surly glare as he drew up alongside the two, Torana quickly catching up behind him.

Go ahead.

Encourage her.

S E E   W H A T   H A P P E N S

helo frens

IC: Vesun

Vesun glanced at Vakua, noticing his wince as the Toa of Sonics removed his headphones. Vesun had been about to say something, but instead he whispered as quietly as he could manage. He knew Vakua would still hear him.

"What's an Akiri?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

"Farewell," Natharius nodded, and started walking towards the city gates, where he spotted Septima waiting nearby. "Sorry for the delay."

_________________________________________________________________________________________

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

Wisp hovered uncertainly at the back of the group, unsure of how to behave around the Akiri. He just had to make sure Mirra didn't overstep herself like she had with those Dasaka back in Ga-Koro. 

Mirra, for her part, held herself confidently, shoulders back, eyes scanning her surroundings. She planned to let the Kalta do the talking; it was their mission, after all. She'd learnt her lesson in Ga-Koro. 

IC Sanguivox:

The Turaga handed the pickaxe to Teide, hoping they could decently bury the corpse. "If it's not too much trouble," Sanguivox said to Teide, "try making some more graves. Other Matoran have been recorded missing."

Sanguivox turned back to Loraan. "Is there any way to identify the corpse?"

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC

"I've got the list of missing persons," the detective replied, still examining the corpse. "Just let me finish the post-mortem."

She stared intently at the pickaxe Lucira had found, then back at the dead Matoran.

"Cause of death is...unclear," she said, to nobody in particular. "Although, it does remind me of a case a few years back, when we were busting a slavers' ring. By the time we found the poor souls they'd enslaved, most of them had been worked to death. Death by exhaustion. But why would a Matoran work himself to death in here? Could it be slavers again?"

She scratched her chin thoughtfully, then began to pull the body forwards to examine his back.

"I wonder...if I could just—oh my god!"

Loraan recoiled, dropping her Lightstone in shock, and the dead Matoran's head lolled forwards to reveal to all that there was something attached to the back of his neck.

It looked organic. A fleshy object, dark reddish-brown, about the size of a Matoran's palm, pressed tightly against the skin at the base of the skull. Several short tendrils stretched out from it somewhat like the limbs of a misshapen starfish. At the thing's centre was a dark orb that appeared to be slightly translucent.

The same question was in everybody's minds: what the Karzahni was it?

• Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Mirin:

Mirin came back through the tunnel, deactivating her mask, and arrived just in time to see the gruesome sight.

She spoke the question that everyone was thinking.

<b> "What..... What is that thing....?" </b>

OOC: on mobile, how the Karz do I get Bold print?!

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC

Loraan recoiled, dropping her Lightstone in shock, and the dead Matoran's head lolled forwards to reveal to all that there was something attached to the back of his neck.

It looked organic. A fleshy object, dark reddish-brown, about the size of a Matoran's palm, pressed tightly against the skin at the base of the skull. Several short tendrils stretched out from it somewhat like the limbs of a misshapen starfish. At the thing's centre was a dark orb that appeared to be slightly translucent.

The same question was in everybody's minds: what the Karzahni was it?

IC: Corex (Mangaia Catacombs)

Upon seeing the foreign object, my body underwent a series of motions that had become reflexes at this point when I was faced with something that didn't make sense to me, given the context of whatever situation I was in.

My uneven fists clenched, my stomach turned and my senses jogged into high gear as I started surveying the area for no adequately explained reason. I felt ready to take action, but I had nothing to direct it against... gaaaaaah.

No, no, wait. Let's think about this. Observe, examine, and determinate. There you go, just like normal.

"It's okay"

I turned again to the detective and asked "do you think it's safe to move him a little more so we can get an extra good look?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC

"What..... What is that thing....?"

"I have no idea," Loraan replied in a low, grim tone.

She slowly picked up her fallen Lightstone and held it up to shed some light on the...thing.

It was completely motionless. The Lightstone's rays lit the inside of the orb like pale sunlight through smoke.

I turned again to the detective and asked "do you think it's safe to move him a little more so we can get an extra good look?"

"I think so," she said. "As long as we're careful...and I suggest we avoid touching it."

She looked around at the group.

"Anyone feel like giving me a hand?"

IC: Corex (Mangaia Catacombs)

I was about to offer my aid when I stopped myself. Holding my very uneven hands in front of my face. I took a step back, muttering something noncommittal.

Someone with better motor control would have to take this one.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...