BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Eh, sounds good. I think I'll have that," I said to Ril with a grin, before sauntering over to the counter.

"Uh, yeah, I'll have a chicken souvlak-- actually, make that a chicken souvlaki-pita, with, uh, with tzatziki and everything, yaknow. And, hmmm, should I get a salad? I don't really want a salad. That's why I moved away from my parents, so I wouldn't have to have salad and--"

The girl at the counter was glaring at me.

"... y'know what. I'm a grown up. I'll get a salad. Just a ... uh ... I'll have that one. The one with the green stuff in it. Cool? Cool, thanks."

I turned back to Taleen and flashed her a wink. "See? Real simple."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"My lord. We're all one big happy ######in' family again." Reordin lifted up his bottle of beer and toasted it Alfon's way. "Cheers, killer. Plag know you're here?"

A beat.

"Course she doesn't."

-Tyler

Edited by tylerlicious definicious

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Alfon

Apparently I knew this guy. Huh. The voice was familiar, his face maybe but the rest...

"Whoa." I said, the realization suddenly dawning on me. "Reordin Ma-ru. Geez, last time I saw you, I probably had a foot or two on you. You been drinking milk, buddy?"

I grinned, cheering with whatever the bartender gave me. Something about innuendo on a beach?

"Plagia's here too?" I asked, maybe a little too eagerly.

IC:

"Shut up Ri--"

I suddenly felt a presence; one that I hadn't felt since....

Naaaaah. Impoooosible.

"Ehhhhh, whatever," I said, depositing my widgets into the hand of the girl at the counter, before snatching up my food and walking back over to the others. "Who's up next?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Just left her five minutes ago. She'll be here in an hour, if you want to freshen up. Ril too - remember Ril, crazy with the demolitions training? I'm in town two days and all I have to do start a class reunion is stroll down main street." Reordin took a sip of beer and blew out a low breath. "Even saw Skrihen."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Ril

"That'd be moi."

Upon reaching the stand, Ril quickly debated whether he should attempt to flirt with the girl, before realising that it was completely pointless because he was here to eat a souvlaki, not eat anything else, so just paid and went back to where Plagia and Taleen were waiting with his food.

"No wonder you're here this early." I sipped my drink through a pink straw. "Hey, I know you probably hear this from everyone but I'm sorry about what happened in Ko."

I didn't want to say much more than that on the topic.

"So what are the others doing here anyways? Besides Ril, I'm pretty sure he works here."

Edited by TX Wade

IC: Taleen

It seemed to be her turn. Taleen went up to the girl at the stand, paying her with swift precision and accuracy before collecting her food and returning to Ril and Plagia.

"That was easy."

Edited by Lara Croft

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"It makes sense to me. Every cheap hired sword and scrapper in the south is going to be moving into Ko-Wahi looking for a fight sooner or later. This place was hit last, it has the industry, the people - and hey, no shortage of bars. That's not about to hurt its case." Reordin lifted an empty pitcher and shook it by the handle brusquely, asking for it to be filled with water. When it was slid in front of him he cracked his neck by placing his fist on each side of his jaw and twisting his head. 

"Plag loves a good brawl. Skri too," he said, pouring water into his bottle casually; as soon as liquid poured into the neck of the glass, it turned the familiar amber-tan color of beer. He shook the bottle around and took a long swig of Maru privilege. "She didn't hit me, actually, which was nice no matter how you slice it. Woman has hands like old Madu. Nice to see her, though. Y'know...I nearly got in a fight with your brother once over Skrihen. What was his name...volus...voltron...voltorb...Volin! Frickin' Volin. What a crimp in my dick, mate. Y'know, there wasn't a lot that was worth leaving Pala-Koro over after Makuta fell, but not having to deal with his smug eface anymore...textbook definition of a perk. Wish I could've explained that to Skri, but...duty calls, y'know? Being part of the island's A-grade Toa Team doesn't leave you a lot of wiggle room left in your life. And I never had the words for that feelsy anyway."

A stillness had passed over the Maru's face at Alfon's mention of Ko-Koro; it only stiffened as he took a drink of beer and set the bottle down on the coaster quietly.

"Ah well. Ko's fallen, I want to get it back. Whatever happens in the middle happens."

-Tyler

• Upvote 1

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Apparently what happens in the middle, lucky for you, doesn't involve getting punched." The comment, casual in tone, flew without anything in the way of preamble. The speaker sat down in an adjacent chair, kicking her feet up on the bar and leaning back in her high-backed chair. The look of protest on the bartender's face died when the Toa of Plant-Life casually leaned both a sword bigger than the bartender's arm, and an Acurahk staff against the seat next to her. Skirhen didn't glance at either of the Toa next to her, instead raising a hand to get the bartender's attention.

"Hey. Take the strongest drink you'd got, then mix it with Salamanders. Alfon's girling the place up enough already."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Clearly not. He still has it." The Toa took a long swallow from the drink that was placed in front of her, glancing over at the former ILF member. "Hey Alfon. Run out of girls to reject you in Pala?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

At that, the Toa of Plant Life laughed, swiveling in her seat to extend a fist bump towards the Toa of Lightning. "Good sense of humor as always. Good to see you, Lightning Rod."

fK5oqYf.jpg

I smiled and we bumped fists.

It then occurred to me that Skrihen was the only girl I never flirted with in Pala-Koro.

I looked at her.

And then I thought to myself.

Nah.

I wanna be the man in the relationship.

"My nickname's an innuendo, eh? I'm cool with that."

Edited by TX Wade

IC (Mariko):

While the reunion at the bar was going on, two more figures entered the Magma Lounge, almost unnoticed by those present, and made their way to a table with little light. In passing, Mariko signaled the barkeeper to get them two energy cans before he and Draeverian took their seats. Despite the earlier raising of voices, the dark Toa harboured no ill will to anybody, all he cared about was getting the job done. If that involved waiting until everybody was sufficiently drunk, so be it.

Strange days have found us...

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: Vandal from Ko-Wahi

IC: Rekhyt - Ko-Wahi cable car

The car is silent as it crosses the border into Ta-Wahi. I'm still keeping a close eye on the Ko-Toa, even if he doesn't look threatening...

I'd like to discuss our plan of action with the others, but doing so in front of the stranger might not be wise.

Kathok

IC:Talvoss

She sighed and waved her hand around waist level. "It's fine, not the first time someone's doubted where I stand because of things I've done. I don't blame you, I killed a man. If that makes me your enemy, again, I don't blame you."

IC: Marthuum

"Eh," he said, shrugging. "So long as justice was carried out, then the gods of law will smile upon us." He looked back to his companion with a smile. "Perhaps what you did was the most just thing for the time. One day, you will see the fruits of your efforts, friend."

IC:Axardis

The two circular black visors(eyepieces?) just above his gas filter and just below his helmet steamed up for just a moment as Axardis let out a deep sigh.

"For all I know, yes. Last I remember me and my team were fighting some stray Rahkshi on a beach and one of them lit up their staff with...something and hit the ground with it. Then, I wake up here, sodden and clueless. So, I'm gonna go ahead and say, yes, I did just wash up here." Axardis checked his rifle(which to a human would have looked like a Garand rifle with a large barrel) again, and feeling somewhat less cautious, slung the strap over his shoulder.

IC:Talvoss

Talvoss looked up. That was the first time someone had reacted with anything other than negativity to that.

"W-Well, I mean, I guess so, I stopped that Matoran forger from getting mugged. I just don't think putting three arrows in that guy's face was the right thing to do."

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

OOC, sorry about the delay, GSR/Perp.

IC Brontes

Cursing my slowness and unfamiliarity with situations such as these, I helped the mortician move the injured skakdi to a gurney, slow and steady... He seemed to be the only one clinging to life within the pile. What a terrifying experience it must have been... "Does he need immediate care, doctor?" He looked alright on the surface, but given his unconsciousness and miserable situation, he could easily have had a dozen internal injuries.

I was glad to have a professional to provide calls on such things. Though the worrying thought of having to make such a call again by myself was... disconcerting, to say the least.

...but close to it

"That's how, yaknow, ordering food works."

IC:

"So, uh," I said between bites of souvlaki, "anyone got anything else they wanted to do?"

The two circular black visors(eyepieces?) just above his gas filter and just below his helmet steamed up for just a moment as Axardis let out a deep sigh.

"For all I know, yes. Last I remember me and my team were fighting some stray Rahkshi on a beach and one of them lit up their staff with...something and hit the ground with it. Then, I wake up here, sodden and clueless. So, I'm gonna go ahead and say, yes, I did just wash up here." Axardis checked his rifle(which to a human would have looked like a Garand rifle with a large barrel) again, and feeling somewhat less cautious, slung the strap over his shoulder.

IC:

"Sounds rough, buddy," I said, because, honestly, I didn't know what else I could say to that. Wiped my nose absent-mindedly. Tried not to stare too much at his mask or his ... launcher-thingy.

"Ehhhh, you want a guide into the city or something?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

[OOC: No worries.]

IC: Bohrei [Ta-Koro Hospital]

"My job involves dead bodies, guardsman -" and so did the last one - "not living ones.  I can give a cursory examination, but he'll need to be seen by an attending physician."  She stepped over to the gurney the other Skakdi was sprawled across and closed her eyes for a moment; when she reopened them, his natural armor melted away to reveal the organs beneath.  She focused and refocused her power as she scanned him top to bottom, examining layers of bone and blood and tissue.  When she had finished, she closed her eyes once more, and the world returned to color.

"Significant scarring unlikely to be related to recent injuries, minor fractures in several bones, a number of torn ligaments, and signs of past hemorrhage.  If he's survived this long, he's not likely to be in any immediate danger.  He's a lucky man - not that that means he doesn't need treatment and observation.  Someone will need to fetch a doctor sooner or later."  Bohrei looked down at Raaka.  "In the meantime, care to explain how you wound up like this? Ideally in more detail than 'there was a bloody huge battle.'"

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Raaka

He coughed a little and winced - not necessarily from his injuries (okay, the pain in his chest was probably the contributing factor) but from Bohrei's comments on his previous injuries. Didn't want to have to bring those up, so he was glad she asked him about his current ones.

"Well, uh," he tested his unladen arm a little, ensuring it was okay to move. He pointed to the puncture wound in his leg. "Shot with an arrow there."

Then to his chest. "Explosive force and impact vision."

His seared spine. "Another Skakdi flung some fire at me."

And finally to the lacerations on his chin. "And a Vortixx punched me."

He wheezed a bit before motioning to the cannon on his other arm.

"Don't try to remove that, by the way."

Axardis glanced further inland. "One would be nice, but don't trouble yourself." He scratched his shoulder, remembering both armor and a coat stood in the way. Darn. He looked back, and noticed Gunner avoiding looking directly at him. "I'm sorry, is my mask troubling you?" He asked.

He had to admit, a mask like his, with it's somewhat loud rebreather(or was it just a filter? It was probably just a filter.) that occupied much of his face and the two circular, black, shielded, soulleyes eye holes that not even the bright blue glow of his eyes pierced tended to bother people. The helmet usually helped(mostly because it shielded said pits of dark soullessness), and he tried to be friendly to break any discomfort. He had considered getting a new mask, but he always trusted his one. Never know when they're going to throw gas at you.

OOC: For some reference, Axardis looks something like this- http://www.moondrops.com/Props/album/slides/WWI%20Gas%20Mask.JPG

But make the gas mask more solid and straightforward, make him a Toa of Stone and keep the jacket and helmet a jacket and helmet.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

"You can keep it; I get by just fine with my revolver.  Were these Skakdi and Vortixx affiliated with any particular cause, or did you simply make some very poor life choices?"

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

IC: Raaka

He jerked his chin in Kellin's direction.

"He can tell you more about the Vortixx. As for the Skakdi, well, you don't really have time to think about who's attacking you and why when they're already firing whatever they've got in your direction. Not to mention at a hospital."

He took a moment as he wheezed and coughed lightly.

"Oh, and the explosions... there was another couple of Toa there. Sketchy-looking guys." Nodding to Kellin again, he continued, hoarsely, "I believe he flung acid on one's face, and I went to go fight the other. At which point I... agh..."

He slumped again, his head resting against the gurney, eyes closed as he wheezed heavily.

"Can this...wait...?"

IC Brontes

"His assailants were all Makuta worshipers. I caught a good view of the Vortixx and the twin Toa in Ko-Koro proper, before I managed to escape to the Nuju-Marion facility. I wasn't as fortunate with the Skakdi." I had spoken up quickly, perhaps unintentionally cutting Kellin off. I had been anxiously tapping my right foot as well, a tic I became aware of and quieted. I swallowed hard, the morgue was making me antsy and distracted, compounded with the lack knowledge I needed in relation to the attack and the attackers and...

"I d-don't mean to skirt my duties here, but I really need some fresh air. I'll fetch him a physician as well. A-anyone in particular you have in mind, or should I just ask for whoever is on shift?"

OOC, from Ko-Wahi

IC Forger

The cable car did it's usual swaying and swerving. It would need some maintenance before long, I'd have to be sure to tend to it when we came back. I turned to the Ko-Toa, currently in the act of scrutinizing the floor, he seemed a little anxious. Perhaps a fear of heights or inclosed spaces.

Before long, we arrived on the far end of the Break, cable car roughly setting down on the rocky outcropping. Despite being native to Ta-Koro, the temperature change always hit me like a sack of red hot bricks. Long years of travel had eroded my tolerance for the volcanic town's climate. Being nearest to the door, I got up and opened it, dropping the short distance to the ground and extending the makeshift stairs from the bottom of the car. "We'll be heading into the Koro proper," I directed my gaze to the anxious Ko-Toa for a moment, "you can travel with us, if you'd like. We need to pick up some supplies. Rations were a little short at home and I'm not quite in the mood for foraging. Make sure you've got your act together, most of the Koro's are likely on higher levels of security now. Even though we're merely passing through and bringing some commerce, a group of armed Toa and Vortixx is likely to elicit some inquiries."

• Upvote 2

...but close to it

IC: Enforcer.

"Understood," I nod to Forger, slinging my halberd across my back and tucking my helmet under my arm. No need for me to appear any more intimidating than I already am....

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"Uh."

"Whu?"

IC:

Real nonchalant, I gave this Axardis guy a shrug and said, "Nah matey, don't worry about it," because honestly, as freaky as his mask might have been, I didn't care enough to make a thing out of it. Besides, year aboard the Infernavika, you'd be amazed what sort of weirdness stops getting to you.

"Anyway, Ta-Koro's right over there," I told him, pointing to the smoky skies further inland. "You good with going straight over now?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Try to find one who isn't already busy dealing with a patient.  Actually, save yourself the time and just try and find one who isn't already busy dealing with more than one.  If that fails, more than two.  And so on."  She looked back to Raaka and laid a hand on the other Skakdi's chest.  "Slow, deep breaths.  Your ribs aren't in the best shape, and you don't want to put too much stress on your lungs.  It's going to be very unpleasant for everyone if one of them collapses."