BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "No clue. As soon as we get it started, everything goes to ." Jol muttered, rubbing his jaw gingerly. In the confusion that ensued following the green one knocking out Korero, things got a little... let's say hectic. As he'd tried to step in and do something about the new opponent, he'd been clocked clean across the jaw by the blue one he was supposed to have held in place and very nearly put out. He had to admit, the guy definitely hit hard if he could rock him like that. Jol knew he had a tough chin.

Still, his fault for allowing his focus to wane. If he'd not let himself get distracted...

"Didn't even get a chance to pay the dickhead back, either." he growled to his breath, annoyed. His entire afternoon had been one long session of preparing for a fight that ended up never even happening. He let himself get rocked by someone who had no business hitting him so cleanly.

Was he mad?

He thought long and hard for a brief moment.

Yeah.

Yeah, I'm pretty mad.

He'd been beaten. It wasn't a clean fight, or even really a fight at all, but he'd been beaten all the same. If they hadn't decided to bail out on things, he could very well have been dead.

He hated that feeling. He absolutely despised it, knowing how close he came to dying, all because of a stupid mistake. The survivalist in him was screaming that he never should have let everything go to the birds so quickly, that he never should have left himself open to get his chin tested by some thug, that he never EVER should have just let those shits just walk all over his group without so much as any form of trouble, just prancing through the motions like he wasn't even the--

Stop. Breathe.

It can't be helped now.

More important things than pride. Learn from it, get better, move on.

That's how it works. How it always has, how it always will.

... There we go.

Now then.

"Well, besides the obvious one," he said at length, turning to look at what remained of the alley. "We're all still here, right?"

At least give us that much.

helo frens

IC: Zelvin (Ta-Koro, Alley)

Zelvin paid no heed to Elysi and Jolek's conversation, she was instead looking in the direction the Skakdi had taken, musing. The green one... he had an agenda, something he needed to accomplish by dragging the six of them away so suddenly. Presumably, no, most definitely, something not good.

"I suppose I haven't seen everything just yet after all"

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Turo

Turo stopped at the edge of Ta-Koro, overlooking where the entrance to the Dark Walk used to be. If he could dig like a Kikanalo, he could follow them. But he couldn't. He would have to wait for a Toa of Earth or Stone to open the tunnel.

"... ####################!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

IC: "Let's not get hasty." the understandable disgruntled fighter shot back. "I haven't even seen the thing yet, and it ain't even on the way out of the village."

He stepped out onto the street, surveying the (considerable) damage, and let out something akin to a deflated exhalation.

Today had been too long.

helo frens

Loren- Ta-koro

IC: The sounds of battle had caught Loren's attention and brought him to the site within seconds. Luckily for him, it was also after the rest of the Piraka had shown up. As he stood on the roof of a nearby hut the voice of the squad's other Toa of Sonics whispered in his ear.

"The Maru have shown up. Akiri Jaller's order are to let them drive the Skakdi out of the koro."

Loren grit his teeth as he watched the six pieces of scum in the alley below. How he wanted to just jump in there and start laying waste to them. However, his time in the Guard had somewhat tempered his anger, leaving him to simply stand there fume.

His watching was interrupted by the arrival of what could only be Sulov Maru. The fists of earth launched by the hulking figure confirmed Loren's guess. The rest of the Maru showing up soon afterwards caused him to tense, wondering if he should jump in and help. He was still wondering when the two sides broke in to a flurry of movement that almost left him dizzy just trying to keep up with it all. Only his extensive combat experience prevented him from losing track of who was fighting who and where they were doing it.

Almost as soon as it started the fight changed from a standing to a running battle the quickly left the small square far behind. Not willing to just hang back and let the destruction flow to another part of the town, Loren maskjumped after them. Flitting from rooftop to rooftop in order to keep up. As he watched building be smashed through and civilians be tossed to the side the lone Toa all but screamed at his inability to join in a help quell the destruction. As his mind churned and his hands clenched a thought crossed the stormy landscape of his mind, his entire being focusing on it.

A particularly loud shout drew his attention once more to the battle going on as he teleported once more to keep up. One of the Skakdi had sent off a blast of some sort at one of the Maru. Needless to say the Maru dodged the attack. The same could not be said for the young Matoran who had tripped trying to escape and was now directly in the path of the oncoming  projectile. His mind filled with only one thought, Loren vanished from his rooftop and reappeared in between the child and danger. His still drawn blades were ringing a clear, hard tone. With a grunt he stabbed one of the blades in to the ground at an angle in front of him, holding the other one hundred and eighty degrees opposite the first. A shimmer appeared in front on him, looking for all the world like one of the many heat shimmers that filled the streets of the koro of fire. The blast slammed in to the shimmer and the same tone that Loren's swords had cast off filled the air once more as the blast was deflected up at an angle, it's kinetic energy simply having been redirected.

"You don't need to fight to protect those you care about."

Not able to spare the one he saved even a glance Loren was off to the next one. For the entire rest of the battle, the Ta-koro Guardsman was jumping from point to point, deflecting attacks, pulling innocents out of the way and just doing his level best to try and minimize the damage from the battle of the titans happening nearby.

At the time the Piraka were leaving town Loren was hunched over a Matoran, several pieces of shrapnel imbedded in his armor. His Elemental Energy had been long since depleted as he blocked the missed shots from both sides and his constant jumping running and rolling had left his body drained. Despite the pain from his wounds and the fact that he was slowly sinking in to unconsciousness Loren could only think of one thing.

I did it.

It was then that darkness closed in on him and the grey Toa collapsed.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Inu)

Sister-Toa Leah and I watch the beaten Skakdi join his pack. They stand-challenge us for a moment, but then they turn and weak-prey-flee. We make chase.

I feel a red-fire presence enter my mind as I move; it is Toa-host-brother Oreius. He is no longer afraid.

We become one.

(Oreius)

The Toa Maru did not stand gap-mouthed, watching as the Piraka scuttled away and covered their retreat with an avalanche. All six knew they had a choice: retreat, and make sound the villages' defenses in case of another attack; or follow the Piraka. Korero was a thousand times faster than any Skakdi; the Maru could assemble in seconds within Mangaia, and cut off the gang's escape on the far side of Ta-Koro's Dark Walk.

Oreius swallowed his anger (most of which was directed at himself; though the terrifying visions had long since faded, had it not been for Inu, he would have been useless), and turned to face the team.

"The Guard can handle the defence of Ta-Koro," he said. "Especially with the Walk blocked at this end. The other five Koros are still open. We need to warn them, or we need to deal with this threat before we lose them."

IC:

"So I say, hear this and gather to hear the tale of the Great Spirit and his creation," said Reordin Maru, in a voice soft as the onset of frostbite. Korero rubbed at the back of his head in sullen admonition, and Leah paused. The heavy bass of Sulov's breathing rumbled through the moist air. Oreius' posture was as straight as it had ever gotten, and that could mean anything, but Reo knew him better than most and knew that the predatory Toa Maru could still smell a fight brewing. Let it brew, thought the soldier.

There was a creature of vilest sin who held sway over a promised land given by Mata Nui. He was dark and inky and held a reign of terror and discord. The Makuta, he was called. But when all things seemed to be in his favour, when the last heroes sent by his greatest fiend came to him and were turned aside, his own destiny was altered. And he was swallowed up into Nothing. For while Nothing cannot be destroyed it can still be smitten. And the Makuta, the great enemy himself, was taken into the void from whence he came. So it was prophesied... and so transpired the legend."

The air crackled with humidity and mutiny. Reordin's voice was cold and brittle; blood trickled from the gash in his leg as he casually tossed his weight from foot to foot. 

"We all celebrated after he vanished. All of us, even Sulov," the Toa Maru remembered, looking at his team. "But not you, Stannis. Do you remember? You said the words, and you stood there, still as stone, because you knew, didn't you? You son of a ######, you knew!

Stannis reared back when Reordin made to pounce at him, but the Ice Toa's wounded leg gave out on him, and only Sulov's quick movement and massive hand on Reo's collar kept him from collapsing. The danger of physical violence was averted for the moment, but Reordin looked up at the Wanderer and a chill lanced through the hot air. His look was handsome, cold with wrath, and familiar; they had all seen it in a tunnel long ago, while a man without a heart had clutched the mangled remains of his love in his arms.

"You lied to us," he continued, voice hard and cold and sharp as fine steel. He extracted himself from Sulov's grip and stood again, refusing to be humbled before Stannis before the Toa of Stone had fully realized what folly he'd wrought. "Manipulated us. Abused our trust. For all we know, you brought them here."

"He's right," said Korero, and the Toa of Air moved forward to stand side-by-side with his brother of Ice, giving him a short nod of solidarity. Reordin was no longer the lone voice of dissent. "You've always got a sermon to give, but when do you actually tell us anything? I know I'm not the only one who's tried not to think about it, but all this time there's been a mystery: what actually happened to Makuta? Where did he go?"

The Toa of Air paused for breath, briefly massaging his bruised cranium with a grimace.

"Except it's not a mystery, is it, Stannis? No, it's a secret."

Leah stepped forward, her hand dripping with water from cleaning her own cuts, joining the formation of ice and air, looking at Stannis. She didn't echo the aggressive sound of her brethren, but her voice did make it clear that half answers would not dissuade her.

"I think it's time to come clean, brother." she said. "We're operating half blind here, building the island's defenses only on what we see and good faith in your word. You owe us an explanation."

There was the slightest fasciculation of her eybrow, indicating the Ruhaku on her face. "An honest one would be preferable."

"And if you lie to us, or leave anything out, or hide behind platitudes," Reordin finished, "I walk."

-Tyler

Edited by Plank Sinatra
  • Upvote 6

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "Well, I'd better either check on the house or get to the hospital," he said after a while, working his jaw ruefully and checking the cut over his eye. Seemed bandage had come off in the commotion...

Well, at least it wasn't leaking like crazy right?

Gingerly brushing it, he was met by a familiar warm ooze that began to trickle back down his head agai--goddammit. Must have opened back up, too.

"Where are you two headed, then?" he asked, brushing away blood and stepping out of the alleyway and onto the street proper.

Yeah, the place looked like a horde of Kikanalo ran through it. At least there seemed to be a clear trend away from the direction of his home...

His head was still swimming. Probably the doc, then.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

IC: "Yeah. Get this thing patched up for real." he said, holding a hand to the cut and doing his best to slow the bleeding, starting off in the direction of the nearest hospital.

"Catch you guys later, then. Keep yourselves safe." he said with a look back. Kind of pointless, really. They'd handle themselves fine.

Sometimes though, you just gotta let 'em know.

He kept moving at a steady, slow pace.

Every now and again he would slightly stumble, but for the most part his equilibrium was back.

Good. Last thing he'd need was to be concussed.

helo frens

IC:

The Toa of sonics weakly stretched out his arm. Mariko intercepted his palm and felt the stained syringe touch the palm of his hand. A hiss escaped his mouth as the dark Toa drew in a sharp breath. A vicious anger flashed through him, some part of his being that had long ago forsaken the right to be called Toa reared its ugly head at the cold, evil his fingers were wrapped around. 

"Where did you get this?" he asked Draeverian, sharply.

IC: DJ (Draeverian)

Draeverian sighed a bit as he heard this question. He could feel the cold grasp of his concussion worming it's ways into his thoughts, forcing him to just shut down. It did not help that those who were holding the stretcher he was on were growing impatient with Mariko holding them up. Mustering what little consciousness he had he dismissively waved his hand

"Grab Rivet and we will talk at the hospital."

And that was all he could get out before that cold, unrelenting power that a concussion possessed claimed his mind and eyes, forcing him into a slumber. The two matoran holding the stretcher pushed past Mariko as they headed for the hospital and in their wake left Mariko and Draeverian's weapon, rivet lying infront of that broken jailcell that once held a broken vortixx.

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: If anyone with an injured character wants a medic to look at them or patch them up. . . yo

IC: Saeren & Svero

The Guardsman and the Medic moved silently through the evacuated areas of the Koro, slowly making their way between buildings. Svero's sword was drawn and ready, Saeren lurking slightly behind him in order to stay out of the more experienced fighter's way. The site of the battle was near and each was giving the surrounding areas hard, evaluating stares: Svero for danger, Saeren for potential patients. Up ahead he could see a Toa of Magnetism holding his head as he walked, down another street he could see some strong Matoran carrying stretchers. Neither were quite in voice-shot, and he could see the forms of others beyond the walking warrior, so he touched Svero's shoulder and pointed to the Toa of Magnetism. The Guardsman nodded, and they kept moving.

~~-BS01 Histories-~~
by Zox Tomana, B.A. - Blog

IC: Wokiya – Ta-Koro Hospital

The report nodded in assent. However, there was more that bothered her than simply the intent.

“I believe that,” Wokiya said, “I suppose I’m more bothered by the fact that these Skakdi could destroy an inn, and a very popular one at that.”

Wokiya then took another bite of the cake. The dessert had a perfect composition of taste and texture. Some cakes were too sweet for the Matoran’s liking, but this one tasted… practical.

Wokiya shook her head as she realized that thought made so sense. Looking back at Mekana, she decided to continue with the Toa’s interview.

“All I really have left is this,” Wokiya said as she prepared her last question in her head, “What should the Guard do now? Something needs to change if we still live in a world where six bumbling Skakdi and destroy a landmark. Do you think more security would help? Or perhaps better lighting? What do you think the Akiri, the Captain, and his Guard should learn from this?”

Wokiya took another bite of the cake. Relishing herself in the perfection that was offered to her on this glass plate.

Edited by Emzee

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

IC: Hospital should be close--

Jol stopped, eye being caught by an approaching guardsman. The two exchanged nods, and began to approach one another.

Removing his now well-stained hand from the cut upon his brow with a gentle wipe, he got straight to the point.

"What do you need?" he asked, assuming some sort of help was to be done. After all, a scrape like his could probably wait, right?

helo frens

[Ta-Koro]

Lucira, despite her protests, had been forced to take a break after a mere five minutes of hauling the injured.  Yes, she had technically been active for the past five hours, but she didn't really think sitting around and waiting counted.

Dusting off her hands, she turned a corner and found herself face to face with the Toa of magnetism from before.  Jasik, that was his name.  Blood dripped from his head and he looked mildly disoriented.  She offered an arm.

"Need a hand?"

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: "Oh, hey there." Jolek said, turning to greet the new face. He shook his head, wiping his brow again.

"No, it's alright. I've been in worse shape before. And from the sound and look of things, I think there are people who could use it a lot more than me right now." he said politely, pointedly looking off where the Piraka and Maru's trail of destruction had seemed to start from.

"Thank you, though." he continued, smiling easily. "I appreciate the offer, but I think I can get myself to a doctor fine. First I gotta see what the gentleman here needs from me." he stated, turning back to the other guardsman.

helo frens

IC: Svero and Saeren

Svero nodded to the Fa-Toa. "I'm not the one you need to see." He turned and waved Saeren over from giving a Medic-Matoran some brief instructions regarding a patient. "My associate is a medic with the Ta-Koro Hospital, he--"

"Medic Saeren, at your service," the Fe-Toa cut him off. "I'm under the protection of Svero here while looking for the injured. Mind if I take a look at that cut? Doesn't look too bad: only take a minute of your time."

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC: "Welp."

He glanced at Lucira. "What'd I tell you?" he asked with a cheeky grin. Turning back to Saeren, he nodded. "Yes sir. Doesn't seem too deep."

All it really needed was a wash and a seal, right? Sure it had been aggravated but he probably didn't need stitches, or something.

He leaned in, presenting his brow to the medic. "Do your thing."

helo frens

[Ta-Koro]

Lucira shrugged.  "Believe me, I would, but I'm on enforced break right now.  Captain's orders."

She grinned. "Otherwise I would leave you to these two gentlemen.  I need a interesting conversation partner for the next five minutes, so resistance is futile."

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: "Well, looks like I can't shake you." Jol conceded.

"So, uh... how about those... what's their faces..." 

He'd heard the Skakdi say something about the Toa that showed up. Or was it Elysi? Zelvin? He didn't know.

"Maru, right?" he said, still half-unsure as Saeren gently pulled up on the cut. Ow. His jaw tightened a little, but other than that, he kept his composure.

"Little bit." he replied in an even voice. "A little."

Might be getting worse though. Adrenaline was probably wearing off.

Edited by Snoop Razz

helo frens

"Head wounds always bleed like you're dying, and sometimes hurt like shadow-fire, but it looks pretty clean." He removed his hand and pulled dressings from his bag. "Svero, can you grow me something to ease pain?"

Svero clenched a fist and raised it. It glowed briefly, and he opened it to reveal a common, tiny herb plant with uncharacteristically large leaves. Saeren plucked the leaves and crushed them against the dressings, staining the cloths green. He wiped the blood with a cloth and applied the dressings, holding them with one hand as the other quickly placed adhesive strips. It was a series of actions he'd done a thousand times now. He could see a little red stain coming through the top dressing, but it would stem the tide of blood.

"You shouldn't need stitches, but make sure to grab a change of dressing before you sleep tonight. Other than that, just take it easy. Eat. Drink water. That dazed look in your eyes should go away with a little rest." he turned to the Matoran. "Are you hurt at all?"

Svero cautiously slid his sword back into it's scabbard. "I take it you were involved in the battle, Brother. We just came from the Hospital: which way did the attackers go?"

~~-BS01 Histories-~~

IC: "Sounds like a plan. Been a long day anyway." he said with an all-too-tired nod. He wasn't feeling like piping up that he knew half of that already anyway.

"The general direction seemed to be out of the city. It seems like they didn't like it so much here after all." he said with a wry grin.

helo frens

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar stood over Gunner, hands on hips. He said nothing, no scathing remarks, no derogatory quips, nada. He just shook his head slowly, as a smile of mirth spread across his face.

It was all he needed to do.

As Lasinia asked her question, the captain looked up and gestured to Zmija, who stood nearby.

"That's the plan, love."

As the pirates watched, another volley's worth of metal disks rose from their piles and slotted into the launchers, which primed themselves and fired again, all puppeteered by Zmija's elemental control.

The disks sailed out across the water, on course for the pirate flagship.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png