BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Kimala," she answered. "And don't mention it."

They stepped off the cable car and she took charge, talking to the guards and leading the Ko-Koro citizens toward Ta-Koro. "Single file, slowly," she said. "Give time for each successive car to follow the previous one." Receiving commands from one of the Toa who had protected them, they followed obediently, over the scorching lake of lava and into the city.

She approached the first responsible-looking person she found, "Excuse me, I've got a train of refugees from Ko-Koro, in need of help. Akiri Jaller needs to be notified."

OOC: She's not talking to anyone in particular, so if someone could just shove their character in here, that'd be great.

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Priicu

He approached Kimala and put a hand on her arm, "I can take it from here, madam. You need your rest." He offered her a kindly smile.

She smiled back a little, though her eyes never seemed to loose their hardness. She nodded. "Thank you," she said, then headed back. Priicu took over where she left off.

She turned and, rather than looking for a place to rest, returned to the cable cars. She had somewhere she needed to be.

OOC: Kimala back to Ko. 

If anyone could be responsible enough to address the matter of the refugees, please do.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Girah: Knowing the route well, Girah made his way to Ta-Koro is a fairly short amount of time. His first stop, as it was with any trip he made to a Koro, was the local watering hole. He hadn't hit up the guard district in awhile, so he made his way there first. Spotting a suitable establishment he headed in, his poor Rahi trailing closely behind.

He very quickly noticed the interesting set of characters in the place. A grey Toa of Fire conversing with a stocky Matoran police officer, and a Le-Matoran who looked like he would rather be somewhere else. A smile grew on his face. This was the kind of place with stories. His kind of place. Quickly snagging a mug of beer from the barkeep, he headed over to the bonfire, quietly sitting down and gingerly sipping his ale, cooking up an inroduction as he does so.

Budge, his Burnak, coiled up around his legs and dropped to the ground, almost immediately falling into a snooze.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: (Karaihe)

After saying bye to Jolek, Karaihe made his way out of the bar whose brawl was getting worse. He headed to another one; bar fights could be fun, but he didn't want to spend the night in a cell.

Walking into another inn, the Cy-Skakdi orderd yet another beer and sat at the bar next to a toa of fire.

OOC: That's Tharros btw; sorry to step in like that, but Karaihe hasn't got much interaction yet :P

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC:

Saeva's dad laughed, as he moved a large pot from the fire towards the table, while his wife used her element to levitate the silverware towards the group. "Sounds like you've collected a hungry group, Saeva. You'd think they hadn't eaten in months."

"I suspect I'd better hope you made enough for the entire Guard."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "And the crawl keeps on." the Su-Toa said to himself.

"Yep." came the obligatory reply.

He looked sidelong to the young fighter currently depleting his water supply. "And what'd a kid like you know about that, I wonder."

"Heard stories from my dad." 

Now that was a bit interesting. "Reconnected with him, huh? What's his name? I might've met him once."

"Perkhan Highwind."

Yeah, I suppose I can see it.

"And that'd be a yes. Good man, I'd kill to have his brew stored here. Let me guess, up and disappeared?"
 he raised the glass to the light, inspecting the clarity for any missed spots.

"Pre-tty much, yeah. How'd you know?"

"He hasn't burnt down half the Koro since hearing about the Lavapool." 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: Snatching the fork out of the air with a trifle more speed than necessary, Erzu stopped himself at the last second just before diving in to incline his head the host and hostess's way, saying a quick "Thank you for the food."

Then he activated his mask, and began carefully examining the pot's contents, looking for something particularly tasty-- that one.

With the speed and precision of a striking Doom Viper, he snatched a piece of meat and brought it to his mouth in a flash and oooooh man I need to eat with the mask more often.

helo frens

[Ta Koro, Public House]

Lucira snorted into her burger.

“Be nice.”

She turned just to see a tired-looking Le-Matoran slide into a seat next to the fire toa.  “I never caught your name,” she said to her companion.  “And the way this is going I better ask now before we get even more popular.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC Tharros

“Be nice.”

Tharros chuckled. Not many people spoke to him this boldly and he found it rather endearing

"I never caught your name,”

"I am Tharros" he sat up straighter as he said the name with pride "And what is your name?"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC Girah: Scooting a little to make room for Skakdi, Girah's ears perked up at the mention of nomenclature. So this was Tharros. He had heard some stories about this one. Claimed he was from Detra Nui. The Fa-Matoran waited his turn in the conversation, content to listen. Being the explorative and dangerously inquisitive type, he had always dreamed of seeing other islands, mapping new coastlines, seeing exotic species, sapient or no.

Now, a Toa claiming to be from a distant land? That was a gold mine for him. And Destra Nui, no less! An entire lost civilization, destroyed by evil forces, now abandoned and barren, barring (allegedly) this one, enigmatic capsule of history. Should he ask anout how to navigate there? The battle? The nature of his escape? The inhabitants? The technology? The geography? The polity?

Then Girah realized he was staring, as if his agape mouth and wide eyes could drill through this Toa's Pikari.

Clearing his throat and sipping his beer once more, he tried to hide his interest. No need to scare off the poor fellow. Might as well just listen in until addressed.

Meanwhile, Budge's tail lapped against Karaihe's foot, brushing rhythmically as the Burnak snoozed.

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

[Ta Koro, Public House]

“I already told you, it’s Lucira,” she said, quirking an eyebrow and grinning.  “Sure you’re not a little into your cups already?”

"Perhaps our new friends should introduce themselves."

Edited by Yukiko

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

IC Girah: Sitting up quickly, he blinked, as if to say Who, me? Clearing his throat a little he gave a small nod and a wide, toothy grin. "Girah, Fa-Matoran explorer, navigator, courier, philosopher, optimist, and appreciator of good tales." The Matoran with many titles then looked at Burnak below his feet. "And this is Budge, my beloved mutt." A small hrumph from the snoozing Rahi complemented the point nicely. "Pleasure to meet you!"

[Ta Koro, Public House]

“That’s quite a lot of occupations.”

[BZPRPG Profiles]

IC Girah: The Matoran smiled goofily at his fellow villager, and engaged in a healthy bit of self-deprication. "And yet somehow I am still unemployed."
  • Upvote 1

IC: Torana

Torana discreetly took her set of cutlery, trying not to salivate at the aspect of filling her complaining stomach as she smiled and patiently waited for a bowl.

"Thank you so much; I can't remember the last time I had a real hearty meal," she said, addressing Saeva's parents.

OoC: Dartakh from Ko-Wahi

IC: The Champion(Ta-Koro, Public House)

Ta-Koro was muh further away than I thought. Looks like I will need a room for the night. The village has been built on a large, rocky island in the middle of a lava lake. I have no idea why any sensible people would want to build a settlement in a place like this. I would not be surprised if this village would sink into lava one day. Well, at least it look like an easily defensible location, so there's that. I follow the refugees, who are then taken care of by the local Guard. Seems like my job here is done.

A while later I finally find a place where I can get a drink. I open the door, and see that the place is quite full today. I sit down, order a local drink, like I always do, and also a medium-sized meal. I haven't eaten much today, and my stomach is growling. Soon, the waiter brings me a stone plate filled with food, a loaf of bread and a mug of local brew. I taste the beer, and it has a slightly bitter and smokey taste. I don't like it much, but I drink it anyway. On the plate, there are mashed potatoes, a madu fruit, and some meat, which tasted like Kane-Ra meat. A little bit hard to chew on, but it tasted good. I wish that there would be some sauce, but overall the local food doesn't seem too bad.

OoC: He's open for interaction for a while

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Karaihe)

"Karaihe." said Karaihe in response to Lucira. "That's Ka-Rye-Ha. Fighter, drinker...those are my two main jobs..."

He looked down at the burnak; "Could you move your pet, mate?" he said to Girah...

OOC: Venemi and Dakku from Le-Wahi

IC: (Venemi)

The gukko landed at the gates to the village of fire. After they had dismounted, the gukko was sent back to it's home with a word from The Wasp.

"Enjoy the journey?" she asked a slightly dazed looking Dakku as they aproached the koro.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: Dakku(Ta-Koro)

We finally landed, and as soon as my feet touched the ground I collapsed and spewed vomit. "Urgh.. Not really," I answered Venemi's question with a blurry voice. It took me a while to feel normal again, and even then I still felt a little dizzy. Only then did I pay attention to my surroundings. "Woah, they built the entire village in the middle of a lava lake?" I ask in wonder. I knew as a builder that such a feat was difficult to accomplish. I had heard of Ta-koro being near lava, but I didn't think that it would be in the middle of a fiery lake. The village itself was like an imposing fortress, built out of black, charred stone. There was a strange, metallic ring surrounding the village, and I saw something move on it. "Is that the monorail?" I asked from Venemi. I had read about it, although back then I didn't believe it. Looks like it was real afterall.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Forger and Brontes from ko-wahi

IC Brontes

The vo-toa sat in the cable car, sweating and coughing in the volcanic climate. "I guess ko-wahi wasn't so bad after all..." To compound the environmental distress, the rocking of the cable car left him sick to his stomach, vomiting out the windows occasionally. All said, he was in a much worse condition than the hospital refugees, several of whom only had broken bones or light ailments. Those in critical conditions had been moved first, to get them to Ta-Koro and it's hospitals as quickly as possible.

Not to mention, the "now I'm fighting you, now I'm not!" fe-toa merc seemed to be enjoying his discomfort. Sitting across from him coolly, looking perfectly content with his lot in life. Unwilling to argue in front of the other passengers, who seemed to think of him as a normal, heroic toa. Brontes made due with giving him a thoroughly rude stare.

"When the karz are we landing?"

IC Forger

The cable car sets down, the vo-toa I had been sharing the car with staggers out. He had been either coughing, vomiting or staring me down the entire trip. I helped him up, aid he accepted grudgingly. I unloaded the supplies and refugees next, loading the crates onto a dolly stored in the car. It would allow the smaller matoran to move the load easily.

"Are you coming back?" I address the vo-toa, he shoots me an acidic look.

"What do you think? Someone has to take these matoran to suitable lodging. Which, I don't suppose you'll be paying or helping with..."

I toss him a small leather purse, it has perhaps eighty widgets inside. "I know you won't believe it. But take my word when I say I won't be doing something like this again." The vo-toa wears a mixture of surprise, confusion and wariness. "This?" Which "this" is he referring to?

"I mean fighting you all earlier, if you didn't get it the first time. I realized I was pursuing the wrong path, and I intend to right myself" I turn, reboarding the cable car and setting off for Obsidian once more.

IC Brontes

"****ing mercs..."

He takes the dolly in hand, leading the matoran down to the village proper. "Lets get a move on! Any of you know where to find the Ta-Koro guard or hospital... Or anything here?"

OOC: Forger back to ko-wahi

...but close to it

IC: Priicu

He couldn't stay here. He had nothing. No friends, contacts, place to stay, source of income or money. Not even something to stave off the infernal heat. He couldn't stay in Ta-Koro.

He made his way toward the Onu-Koro-going tunnel and paid for an Ussal Crab ride.

OOC: Priicu to Onu

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Girah: The Matoran looked to Karaihe and shrugged. Nudging the Rahi with his foot, he elicited very little in the way of a response. Sighing in exasperation, he looked down and said "Budge. Move yourself." The Burnak grumbled a bit more and slinked to the other chairs, coming to rest on the toasty feet of Tharros. After all, the Toa of fire was a nice, cozy warm, even in the extremities.

As Girah's mask sank into his palms as an expression of consternation, the Rahi snuggled up to the Toa's feet and ankles. Something like a purr began to bubble from Budge as he thanked Tharros for being such a quality source of bedding. Girah could only groan.

IC Tharros 

Tharros grumbled as if to show that he did not approved of the cuddling taking place at his expense. With his Pikari, a lost temper would have irreversible consequences. But instead of kicking the creature off he just took another swig of his stout. 

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

OOC: Haarnak from Ko-Wahi. Also, I believe that magnification scopes are allowed as native tech. PM me if this needs retconning.

IC: Haarnak (Ta-Koro)

The Toa of Fire touched down in the street, having flown all the way from Obsidian Outpost. As soon as his feet made contact with the ground and his Kanohi shut off, his thin legs crumpled, exhausted from the effort of flying for a whole hour, and even more so, from being injured so badly outside of Ko-Koro. He lay in the street, the side of his Kadin on the ground, for a few minutes, before he regained the willpower to activate his Kanohi, which he did. The Ta-Toa floated through the city, not feeling anything and half-asleep. But then he remembered. His two hundred widgets which he had been paid to release Dayeth and Mortem in Ko-Koro. Haarnak's head lifted. Two hundred widgets... Okay, item number one on my shopping list: A new quiver. Item two: Another two dozen arrows, tipped with boom powder. Item three... I know! A magnification scope for my Kadin!

With these objectives in his twisted, labyrinthine mind, Haarnak shot off towards a weapons shop, where he found the first two items on his list, which cost him 50 widgets. His new ammunition in its shiny new quiver, he set off to find a blacksmith for his scope. He did. 

"Hey, you, Matoran! I need a scope for my Kadin. Are you capable of that?" 

The stocky Onu-matoran looked up at the Toa, and said, in a rough voice sharpened by years of smoke in his throat, 

"100 widgets. Take it or leave it."

"50."

"75."

"Deal."

Haarnak removed his Kanohi, dropping to the floor as he did so due to the sudden weakness. He dragged himself over to the corner after giving the blacksmith his Kadin, and the Matoran said guffly:

"There's a crate of powerless Kanohi over there next to you. Take one, keep up yer energy whilst I work on this." Haarnak shouted his thanks, and grabbed a Noble-shaped Huna, and sat there, dozing for an hour whilst the Matoran banged and hammered at his Kadin outside in the courtyard, attaching a magnification scope to the right eye-hole.

The Toa was awoken by the Onu-Matoran shaking him, and repeatedly saying "Seventy-five widgets then, Mr. Toa."

"Alright, alright! Just let me get my wallet out..." Haarnak quickly dug through his pockets, drawing out the bulging, scorched piece of leather which served as his wallet. He counted out seventy-five of his widgets, dumping them in the Matoran's hands, before snatching his Kadin and replacing the powerless Huna with it.

He activated the scope, and, satisfied with the zoom it gave, stood up and nodded to the Matoran.

"Good work."

With this half-hostile ending, the Toa left.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC Brontes

The Vo-Toa garnered many odd looks, leading a small group of refugees as he did. "Why the karz are they staring instead of helping?" The Koro had a rather subdued, (perhaps paranoid?) feel to it. It reminded him of the atmosphere he had been in following terrorist attacks in his home. A looming spectre that snuffed idle conversations and friendliness, leaving a wary and alert population in it's wake.

He saw a crimson toa, bearing a Kualsi and scarred, dented armor. The veteran of many fights. He looked respectable enough so Bronte approached.

"Hey!" He ran to him, making sure to get his attention. "I come from Ko-Koro, it has fallen to Makuta's Legacy. I have several dozen refugees with me and need to find the Guard headquarters, a hospital, or something like that."

OOC: das RIL hes talking with

...but close to it

IC: (Kino Iho)

By the time I made to the front desk, I was done fuming. Joske might have rubbed me the wrong way, but I needed to fulfill my duty as a detective of the Guard. I made my way to the front desk, happening upon the secretary who had apparently bumped into the white one.

"Hello, I'm Kino I wanted to talk to you about your run-in with one of the Piraka, also see if you can hand me off some other witnesses as well as the cell the blue boy was locked up in," I said. Given all that had happened, I wasn't curt with him, had no reason to be. Some cops were impatient people, usually gloryhounds or generally bad people to work with. I found that more amiable approach was often the best. Anyways we we're both of the guard, albeit he was one of those poor unfortunate souls that rode desk jockey. Some people liked it, but paperwork was truly the worse part of the job. If you're thinking I got into this job because of the benefits you'd be wrong though. I know why I did, and right now I wanted to live up to what a Ta-Koro detective was supposed to be like. Actually hunting down people responsible, making things right.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Ril

"Wait what?"

Ko-koro had fallen? That wasn't good. He'd need to get the information to the higher-ups as fast as possible. Ril looked at the Vo-Toa and the ragtag group of refugees. And also deal with them. With all the building repairs going on, it was going to be hard finding them a place to settle.

Eh, he'd let Jaller handle that stuff.

"Right then," he sighed, composing himself. "Follow me. We're heading to the HQ. Don't wander off."

IC Brontes

I continue walking, soon we are pretty much there.

As we go, I fill the guardsmen toa in on the details of Ko-Koro, it's sieging by Makuta's Legacy and the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, the later a name I am not familiar with. My retreat to the hospital to warn the occupants, and our journey to the cable car to cross.

"All in all, it was quite traumatizing."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Ril

"I'd say," Ril replied, letting the information stew in his mind. It was quite surprising to hear that Makuta's followers had taken the village of ice. "You guy's are gonna be fine now though. Ta's here to save the day!"

There was a dry cheer in his tone, one that immediately snuffed out by the enthusiastic greeting from the Matoran at the head quarter's doors.

"," he mumbled quietly to himself. "It's Tesco."

It wasn't that he disliked his colleague, but sweet Mata Nui the kid was so annoying that Ril looked tolerable.

"Yo," he said, giving a small wave. "These buggers are with me. We're off to see the bossman. He in?"

IC: Tecso

"I'm not sure. I think you might need to wait a while in the waiting room. I mean that's what it's for, right? Haha, of course it is. Would you like a seat? I have water. And snacks! It's a day old, but should be fine. Nothing like the runs to clear the system, eh?" Tecso held out a melted bar of chocolate wrapped in what was presumably paper, except it was so chocolated over that it resembled brown seaweed. He held it out with both hands like an eager child.