BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: (Kaen)

The Toa of Air circled around from the right, snow swirling around him already as he prepared to make use of the blizzard's cold winds to disorient their targets. He looked to Tio, awaiting a signal to make their next move.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Savana Sunrose

Things turn for the better... well, basically, anyway. For Savana. Her escape from Ko-Koro became both more easy and complicated by the same token, all thanks to the blizzardlike conditions that had descended upon the city without warning. There was cover, but almost like some trickster god's double-edged wish granting the storm also meant slowed progress and, should she get out of the somewhat protective walls of the city, murderous weather in the drifts and passages. 

"Great." Her lips pursed to the side harder. "This is just great."

And she meant it. Sort of. She wasn't about to assume things would be fine from there onward. Quick as her element, she darted down the streets of the koro, mostly blending in with the stormy backdrop and leaving only the faintest cornflower blue blur where she ran. She maintained the element of stealth, pausing every opportunity to listen for anything like a guard's alarm or inquisition, but each time she discerned nothing but the wind's howl and hiss of falling snow. 

Savana kept this up for a while, sprinting from one point to another, waiting a moment, and then moving on, inching ever closer to the city gate. The guards were at a minimum, and though Savana had no way of knowing why they were spread so thin she acknowledged that there were far fewer posted than she'd expected in a veritable fortress city and was fine with that. However, her path on the streets led her close to the edge of the city and, as a result, to a guard station, and for the first time she came face to face with an officer of the law—however flawed that "law" may have been.

They met eye-to-eye and stood mere bio apart, and neither moved for a few seconds. Savana was frozen in indecision and the guard in surprise, until the guard opened his mouth to speak or scream or do something rude with his mouth, and Savana reacted instantly. There was a crack, both of her whip and her element, and the guard's voice was intercepted with a bolt of lightning that went into his mouth, cauterized his throat, and stopped him dead. The clap of thunder that followed was swallowed by the storm's gales, though it did not go unnoticed. 

The door of the station swung open wide, and Savana locked eyes with a second guard who stood in the jamb, but this scenario played out confusingly. The guard looked at the body of his fallen comrade, smoke slithering from his gape, and then to Savana, the obvious smoking gun, but before he could charge out and detain her he was stopped by the people inside.

"HEY!" Savana heard from within, "who the are you!!??"

"What?" the guard said with a particularly big, loud voice, keeping his watch on her. "I'm Belami, I just got on shift and this b—"

"Who?" another person inside shouted. 

The guy was impatient, which didn't do him any favors in the moment. "I'm Belami—"

"I've never seen you before in my life!" "You're not one of us!" "We never hazed a Bellamy," and "Intruder!" were the cacophanous calls of alarm that were followed by hands pulling 'Bellamy' back inside and then the rhythm of a brawl. The door shut abruptly, leaving Savana without and deeply confused. Still, not one to linger in a hotspot for long, she continued down the street and well past the station. 

Ko-Koro was absolutely full of bizarre surprises, it seemed. 

"Anyway..." she huffed.

OOC: "Belami," or "bel ami," or "nice friend," was the result of the Hiripaki's exchange of Skronk to the Legend. Unfortunately, he's on a fast track for early retirement. ://

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

After standing up, Nikonn exited the room to check out the situation.

She came back and reported, "Almost the entire downstairs is flooded with snow."

Aiduro began to mutter nasty words under his breath.

IC: The Collector of Masks (Top of the Tower)

"And now this blizzard is rolling in!" growls the Collector, "If they decide to attack us, they'll have the advantage."

He looks around carefully, but can't discern any shapes through the flurries of snow.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Streets]:

Finally, they were moving again. Leah lingered a little as the Maru headed out under the cover of the blizzard. Only half of them were here right now. Korero had to exfiltrate Oreius and Reordin was still en route, with a small army in tow. And they didn't know where to go yet. But they would. She used her element to create a sharp jet of water, carving the address into the inside ice wall of the hut, before following Sulov into the storm. When Korero returned, he would know where to go and could tell the others.

As they moved through the streets of the Koro, they once again used their elements to watch out for patrols and other obstacles to avoid. Leah was mostly concerned about running into Rahkshi at this point and she said so out loud. 

"We are due a rematch with the Piraka at some point...I hope it goes better than last time."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

The Bo-Toa stroked one of the prongs of his mask as he considered Soraph's plan. "That is exceedingly dangerous. However, I get the feeling that you're the type to pursue your plan regardless of my, or anyone else's, approval."

He exhaled, his breath frosting in the air before being swept away by the icy wind. "Are you sure you want to go alone? I could send Skorm with you. He is trained in stealth and combat." He looked over the slight Dasaka before him. "And, not to cast any doubt on your warrior status, but Skorm is himself a very skilled warrior. I've been inside Ko-Koro myself, complications are sure to arise."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Soraph whistled quietly, the sound drowned by the blizzard outside. Bringing another person could be dangerous as she had no idea how Fyuera would respond. Would she let Skorm in too, or be adamant that Soraph enter alone? The Vilda princess has only had a short conversation with the Skakdi in Ga-Koro so it was tough to tell the Parakuka-latched beings's feelings about such things.  

"I suppose he could come along. At the worst, he's refused at the gate. But if he does get in we can cover more ground more quickly."

She nodded to reassure herself of her decision. Having Skorm come would also help build her trust with Aelied and the the Kalta.

"Yes, it'd be good to have some backup along. But we should leave right away, while the blizzard is blanketing the Koro. We'll be able to move around more quickly without worry of looking suspicious."

Vakua meanwhile had been listening in on the conversation. Oh, he'd created a sound barrier, but that didn't stop him from hearing the discussion. 

​He relayed the important parts to Skorm via his Suletu.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Stannis Maru

The toa of stone hoped this second battle with the Skakdi villains would go better as well, though remained silent on the matter. Previously, they were too evenly matched to take a victory when they first fought in Ta-Koro, but things would be different that time, he knew.

He trailed Leah at first and took the time to quietly shut the door of the hut before halting Leah and Sulov, then striding to take point. Sulov, knowing the formation well, took the rear. Stannis' elemental powers were of little use in feeling things out in the whiteout conditions of the blizzard, especially when compared to Leah's, but his mystical ability of Wandering made him more than able for being the seeker. His Wandering would warn him of dangers ahead, and uncannily guide them to their destination despite the inclement conditions.

Inwardly, he was quite glad to be back in the thick of things, and hoped that his willingness to act now would bolster the confidence of the other Maru. They'd become accustomed to their anointed leader taking the backseat in most quests, and Stannis himself had grown complacent and as a whole terrified to act, severely weakening the team. While there were still concerns about his involvement with matters, and his importance as a traveling investigator was undiminished, there was also no denying his incredible power as a champion and central role in the Toa Maru's continued success (if there was to be any). 

He seemed at ease with himself and more willing to use his vast powers—the storm and stowing of the brute were a perfect example of that new confidence. Whatever assumptions the Maru had of their leader when he strode in to the dock on Po-Wahi's shores a few days earlier had all but evaporated by that point. Stannis had changed, lending credibility to the idea that he, like the stone he personified, could be reshaped, even if it took time and effort to do it. He was better than before, stronger if not merely in more control, and fully able to exert himself.

This time the Piraka would find themselves pitted against a unified team, and at the helm of it a prophet they had not seen the likes of before. And so, even though the wind blew painfully in his face and his eyes were narrowed against the blinding white snows, he grinned a little, happy to be part of the team once more and, truly, one of the Toa Maru—being its leader would derive itself naturally from that. Of that, he was certain.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

OOC: Sorry, couldn't resist ^^

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro]:

A hand on his shoulder momentarily stopped Stannis in his tracks. Leah appeared in his peripheral vision, her free hand up and indicating to the right.

"Sentry crossing our path up ahead." she explained in a hushed tone. She quietly counted down the time until the guard had passed, before giving the all-clear. It was followed by a wink and pat on the back for Stannis.

"Let your feet do the wandering, not your mind."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

"I don't think, I feel," the Wanderer muttered, momentarily frustrated. There it was again: Emotion. Admittedly, it was easier to miss the finer threats that meandered the streets when the entire Koro made the Wanderer's head ache with the sensation of danger.

Still, he was a wiser man than one to dwell on the lapse and consequential adjustment and quickly understood that Leah's action was one of a team player—and a reminder that he was far from infallible. He may have been known to always lead to his destinations but it rarely happened without incident; his and Oreius' flights as matoran while on the run from the dark toa came to mind.

Stannis smiled briefly at her. "Thank you, sister," he said before surging ahead, instincts on a higher dial than before.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

Sulov hunches. Moreso than usual? Possibly. Maybe it's just from the cold. His footsteps are heavy on the icy ground, each one feeling for any earth that might have found its way into the snow and stone of Ko-Koro, anything that he might be able to tap into for the coming fight. Without Korero to extract them, without Oreius to break the line -- without Reordin -- they would be at a disadvantage already against the Piraka. 

Focus. Strategies. A voice in Sulov's head. Felt in his bones. Like his own voice, but deeper. Rich like loam. Don't spiral. Reach out. Solidify.

To which Sulov would say, Easier said than done, but to which he actually says:

"So, what's the plan?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

The curt messages of Vakua manifested in Skorm's mind, and his expression darkened slightly. He squeezed Zueya's shoulder as he got up. Rather than walking between the groups, he elected to alter his personal gravity and walk along the side of the cave wall. An almost petty show of his abilities, in reflection, but probably worth it to avoid the inevitable gaze of some of his teammates and guests.

The Ba-Toa's gut felt like ice, colder than the blizzard outside. This stank of being a disposable asset. Skorm hesitated a moment. Where did that though come from? A journey almost alone, with only a tiny telepath accompanying him, into the second most-dangerous place on Mata Nui. And he had BEEN in the first-most dangerous place, and it didn't end well for him; his hips ached in the cold. But still, he had heard there were hostages, and if he could play even a small part in their rescue, he would do anything. The towering Ba-Toa joined Aelied and Soraph, bundling up in his cloak. He spoke unconcerned with the others overhearing him, Vakua was filtering out their voices.

"Vakua told me the plan. I suppose I'm playing the role of her bodyguard, then? Zueya told me Vakua's wanted, and Casanuva and Kalyss have known descriptions, as well as you and Zueya."

Aelied didn't answer his question. "That's up to you two. A more immediate question would be figuring out how you're going to slip away."

"We could 'get lost' in the blizzard." Skorm nestled into his hood. "Won't be too pleasant, and you'd need to make sure everyone pushed on, but you could probably get Vakua to play dumb and help out." He felt Vakua's mind bearing on his own at the unintended pun. Oh, you know what I mean.

"So, what's the plan?" Sulov said. 

Sulov rarely spoke, preferring to merely listen and learn, and only opened his mouth when he deemed it necessary; the fact that he needed to then was significant.

It occurred to Stannis for the second time that day that there was no plan. Historically, the Wanderer didn't mind the freeform nature of his adventures, content to allow the path to unfold before him, but he learned a while back that this did not settle well with the other Maru, who preferred structure beyond simply knowing they were at Point A and needed to get to Point B to do The Thing. No, tactical and decisive though he was, Stannis was not a planner. Once again, he wished Reordin was present; he was native to this city, knew its layout intimately, possessed the zeal to fight for it tooth and nail and the mind for military movements to counter the dark militia's discipline.

He led by fate and Soluv followed by principle, and so he looked back at the only one of them who was a planner. "Leah?" he said, then quickly held a hand up to signal halt! and hide! A single lumbering sentry ambled by, uttering some obscenities about the blizzard, and waved again to signal the passing of the immediate threat. The blizzard was providing them with a substantial degree of cover, and there was no way they would have been able to hide as effortlessly as they were without its hoary shroud. 

He turned back to Leah expectantly. His pearly eyes blended in with the alabaster conditions and gave the other Maru a ghostly image of the Hiripaki only floating above their prophet's body without so much as a skull behind, and it startled them for a moment. "Do you have a plan?" he finished. 

IC:

"Or we can leave right away" countered Soraph. "Me and Skorm can leave to scout ahead to make sure there's no trouble up ahead for theres of the group. If we see anything I'll message Vakua, assuming you're still in range of my abilities."

:Not a bad idea: Vakua replied to Soraph, Aelied and Skorm. :People are getting tired so I'll doubt they'll even notice. And if someone from the group, for example oh, I don't know, Zueya, asks, I'll tell them Soraph and Skorm are scouting ahead. It'll be a piece of cake. I dont see why anyone would be worried Skorm and Soraph are going ahead together alone:

Privately, he sent a picture of Skorm and Zueya's foray last night into Skorm's mind. Just a little revenge for his little joke Vakua thought with a smile.

Soraph, as always, felt uneasy by Vakua's Suletu.  It's ability to so easily scour her mind, to transmit his own thoughts to others was disheartening; it was far more graceful than her own powers as a Willhammer, and in some ways much more dangerous. She understood why the Legacy, a group of villains and mercanaries, would be looking for it so intently. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Grumbling quietly, Skorm faced into the blizzard. "That's optimistic. But I'd rather not be keeping our task secret from the others for long. I have my gear. Aelied, you know the way to Ko-Koro?"

The elder toa put his hand on Skorm's shoulder. "From what I remember, it's nestled in a pass to the north-west of here. I'll show you the start, and you can follow from there." As the three started into the blizzard, Aelied stopped Skorm, out of earshot of Soraph. Vakua, turn your mind away. This is confidential to Skorm. When he felt Vakua's presence stop lingering, he leaned in and spoke into Skorm's ear.

"Command code Nuhros. Authorization: Aelied."

Skorm blinked, before his mask contorted in confusion. "What?" For perhaps the first time, Skorm thought he saw a bit of uncertainty flicker across Aelied's face, before the Bo-Toa steeled himself.

Aelied took a step back. "It's a code phrase, unique to yourself. You don't know what it means?" The Ba-Toa shook his head slowly.

"Troubling; that antidermis must have affected your memory. I meant to tell you, in code..." Aelied looked away, searching for the correct words. "In Ko-Koro, I have an asset. You should find him in an abandoned storefront. He'll see you before you see him. He might try to kill you. Tell him that 'this Kalta sleeps;' he'll know what it means, and will assist you."

Skorm committed the storefront details Aelied gave him to memory, before turning to catch up with Soraph, before stopping. "Why didn't you tell Soraph this?"

The Bo-Toa didn't respond immediately. "I value my assets very highly on this island. I almost lost one of them, you. There isn't time to explain more, go."

The massive Ba-Toa's thought were troubled as he caught up to Soraph. Noting her crystal armor and robes more suited for a tropical environment, Skorm took off his thick white cloak and passed it to her. "You're less than half my mass. Just take it and bundle up, I'll be fine."

IC: Tio

I looked up at the tower, seems like the guard was making no attempt to leave. They're probably scared of the blizzard. There's no point in an ambush if the enemy never walks into it, we have to force them out. I marched through the blizzard over to Kaen's spot.

"They're not leaving" I shouted just loud enough to make my voice heard over the roar of the wind "we need to combine our powers to force the blizzard into the tower"

"If we go in we give up all our tactical advantages, I say if this fails we should leave"

Regardless I focused my element into the very snowflakes that drifted through the winds and the cold that permeated the tower as I readied myself to work in tandem with Kaen.

"I'm ready"

He sent what could only be described as a tornado of snow into the tower, to the room their opponents were in. It was as if the blizzard from outside had made its way in, and then focused itself on the beings inside.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC:

Soraph was more than happy to accept the warm white coat from Skorm. As beautiful as Mata-Nui might be in all it's primal nature, it was also extremely temperamental when it came to its climate. Coming from the Archipalego, where the weather was mostly the same throughout the Empire, the diverse climate zones of Mata-Nui was bizarre. A single island with both arid dessert and lush river lands? An area of hot sulphur and rivers of liver not far from this wintery landscape frozen in time? It was no wonder the Dashi and Dasaka here had become Matoran and Toa with so many elements; it was the only way to survive.

The Vlida Dasaka wrapped the cloak around herself and stepped out into the cold with Skorm a step behind. Almost immeadielty we was pushed back by gale-like winds and near-blinding snowfall. Why couldn't the Legacy have taken over somplace more tropical? she thought to herself. 

Nevertheless, harsh conditions and all, the pair trudged on through the blizzard. Soraph would have liked to talk to Skorm but between her mouth being covered by the thick cloack and the shrilly winds, a conversation was almost impossible. It was a shame in her opinion - she would have liked to know more about the rest of the Kalta. So far she could only say she really knew Casanuva at all, and he was still coming up with surprises for her. And besides, she doubted the relationship she was developing with him was one she'd have with many others her on Mata-Nui. No, what she wanted to make were simple friends. And of course some allies.

What was supposed to be a short journey took closer to an hour, but eventually Soraph and Skorm made it to the icy gates of Ko-Koro. They approached slowly (even they couldn't have moved any faster through the snow) knowing the guards above would be watching closely for anyone seeking to enter the village. 

When they stopped near the gate, Soraph raised her hands above her head, empty-handed. She swore quietly as the cold bit at her now exposed arms.  Honestly, who would want to live here?

"My name is Soraph! I've come to talk with Fyura, of the Legacy! She's been expecting me" she yelled above the shrieking gales. To be sure the guards heard her, she repeated herself, trying to scream even louder. She spied the guards move closer together, conferring.

I'll just help that along. She concentrated her thoughts and and eased them slowly into the guards minds', coaxing a simple message to guide their actions using her Willhammer ability. Best send for Fyura...better safe than sorry...wouldnt want to get THAT woman upset....

Happy with her work and with nothing to do but wait,, Soraph turned her thoughts to Skorm. Instead of slipping her thoughts into his subconscious, as she'd done with the guards, she passed them across the barrier of his mind and listened for an response. A conversation, instead of trickery. :So, you and Zueya...how long has that been a thing?:  Soraph couldn't help project a fleeting image of herself with a coy smile.

Seeing Skorm and Soraph wander off into the blizzard, Vakua returned to talking with Aelied. 

:You could have sent Casanuva with her, even if the Legacy does have a description of him. He and Soraph certainly would have preferred each other's company. Why send Skorm instead?:

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

--IC: Aiduro and Nikonn--

"Is there a shovel in here?" Aiduro asked his guards.  "See if there's a shovel.  Maybe we can dig our way out."

The guards immediately began to ransack the room, searching for a most-likely-nonexistent shovel.

Nikonn joined the Collector at the window and gazed out at the gathering blizzard.  That's odd, she thought, there's one part of the blizzard that's getting stronger and closer to us...

The window shattered, and a gust of wind and snow charged into the room, knocking Nikonn back and surprising the guardsmen.

IC:

Aelied adjusted his armor as he responded to Vakua's telepathy. As you said, they have a description of him. It's a risk I cannot afford to take. Even if they didn't, Casanuva is unsubtle. He may let his feelings guide his actions, rather than his rational mind. Lastly, Skorm has a Huna, making him ideal for an infiltration and reconnaissance mission.

The elder toa looked away into the blizzard as he noticed Zueya looking out of the cave, no doubt wondering what was taking Skorm.

The Legacy guard's eyes unfocused for several moments before turning to one of the other guards. "You process these two. I'm going to get that Skakdi." The other nodded and took out his tablet as the Willhammered guard entered the Koro.

"I'm going to need names, and your business here." He was writing down their description in his log as he asked.

Skorm didn't let a moment pass. "You heard the lady. Soraph is here to meet with the Legacy. I'm Nuhros, merc. I was pulling bodyguard duty to get here." He was surprised how quickly that alias came to him.

The guard nodded, then jerked a thumb at the open gate. "You two get inside, I don't want Fyura angry at me that her guest was frozen."

The Ba-Toa nodded at the guard, and let Soraph lead the way as he responded to her telepathic message. Hard to say. I think we've had feelings for each other since we started training, back when she was the tall one. I guess it's official since I met back up with the team.

Fyura grinned with manic glee as she watched the tactical battle unfolding between Eisen and Oreius. Even Vayde was impressed! Hence her annoyance when one of the Legacy soldiers, one pulling guard duty at the gate, thumped her on the shoulder. She snarled as she turned. "Vhat!? I'm vatching dis!"

"A female toa, Cy-Toa I think, wants to see you at the gate. Name of Soraph?"

Oh, right. Fyura had almost forgot about Ga-Koro now. Next to her, Maeloc also perked up. "Interesting, it seems she has taken up our offer. Fyura, I'm sure you can tear yourself away from the spectacle for some official business?"

Pushing her way through the crowd, she turned her head to see the Onu-Turaga following in her wake. "Eh, Ah ghuess. Maybe she'll vant to vatch it vis us?"

Maeloc didn't answer, he was too busy thinking. A... what were they, Dasaka? In Ko-Koro, no less. He had no idea of her powers. A dangerous opportunity. At least he had Fyura, and she seemed to be at full capacity again. Normally, he'd go to Eisen immediately, but he was ...busy at the moment. Maeloc sighed. He was an archivist, not a diplomat! He should be studying artifacts, not trying to corrupt foreign dignitaries!

"By walking into the tower we give up our tactical advantages ... but yes I'm ready"

Summoning my elemental powers yet again I remade the ice ladder we used to climb out of the tower earlier. As the more well armoured of the two I took the initiative and climbed up the ladder till I could just peer into the hole at the top floor we had exited the tower from.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

Tio was right, but Kaen was itching to teach the Collector a lesson. It seemed one beatdown by the two Toa wasn't enough. He looked down at his broadsword as Tio ascended the ice ladder and in its reflective surface he saw his face. His Volitak.
"Tio, I have an idea. We still have one advantage."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The Toa of Air nodded to his ally and activated his mask power, before quickly making his way up the ladder to the opening they'd used earlier. He jumped in, hoping to get the drop on their opponents.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC:

Soraph had enough time to listen to Skorm's though reply before she had to release her mental energies so she could begin walking again. She nodded quickly at the guard and tried to mutter a "thank you" but the cold left her teeth chattering and saying something inaudible.  So instead Soraph just wrapped the cloak around her even tighter and led Skorm through the gates into Ko-Koro.

Out of the freezer and into the murderer-thieves-evil-filled freezer the Dasaka thought to herself. ​The other villages should just let these Legacy people keep Ko-Koro. No sane person should live in this environment.

They didn't get too far before the guards instructed them to stop as they waited for Fyura to come collect her.

Standing still Soraph had another chance to speak to Skorm. Quick thinking back there. I've never heard of a name like Nuhros, must be more common here on Mata-Nui than in the Archipelago. Suddenly Soraph had a disturbing thought. What if Casanuva wasn't the only one of the Kalta to have another personality in his head? What if Skorm had one too? And the others? And what if they weren't all as safe as Casanuva's....

Any more thoughts of alternative personalities fled Sorah's mind as as two figures appeared in the distance. One was taller - a Skakdi? - and another was short, a Dastue/Turaga by the looks of it. Fyura, and the other must be Maeloc. Soraph's pulse began to race by Maeloc's arrival. He wasn't supposed to be here. Soraph could easily Willhammer one opponent and get away, but two...? Once she started on one target the second would notice and interrupt. This wasn't good. 

She would have to improvise. But first she to get Skorm away from the pair of Legacy members.

I'll try and convince them to let you go explore some shops on your own, so you can begin looking for the captives. I'll lead them somewhere quiet and once I've Willhammered them into submission I'll  start searching on my own. We'll meet at pub closest to the gates here, ok?

Sorpah didn't have time to tell Skorm anything else as Fyrua and Maeloc approached.

She waved and smiled warmly. Forcing herself to be heard, she said "Good to see you again. I love what you've done with the place. All white  - very chic. I hope I haven't caught you at a bad time."

​Vakua instantly felt the beginnings of worry start to smoulder in Zueya's mind.

Looks we're about to have some trouble... he told Aelied.

Silently, Vakua wondered how Skorm and Soraph were doing. If anyone was in trouble, it was those two. In a way, Vakua felt frustrated. He wished he could be of more help to the others, but with the Legacy after his mask he was stuck hiding in caves while the rest were put in danger. He might have an important support role in the group, but at times Vakua just felt useless.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Skyra

Well you know what they say, you're as old as you feel. For some reason I didn't think saying that out loud would be very helpful, so I refrained from doing so. A younger, stupider me would have said something retarded like that. But now I actually took the time to think about what I said before doing so. Well, sometimes. 

I wasn't sure if it was the right move or not, but I gave Krayn a hug. It just seemed like he needed it. Is this weird? This is probably weird I should stop... I let go of Krayn and cleared my throat. 

"Now listen..." I began, as serious as I could be after spontaneously hugging someone. "...you can't say that. You're not allowed to feel old, we're like around the same age!" I was reminded of the fact that my current body was possibly younger than my old one. Still weird to think about. Regardless my point was still valid. "Look, I have just about the same amount of reasons as you to feel jaded and tired and all that ######...but you know what? ###### that! If we spend our youth feeling old and jaded how do you think we'll be when we actually are old?" I raised my arms up dramatically. 

"I have an idea." I beamed as I looked right at Krayn, he was possibly going to hate me for this but I didn't really care. "We're gonna have some fun, doesn't matter what it is, but you have to have fun, that's the rule! No exceptions!" I stated firmly. 

"You're also required to help me figure out what we do for fun...cause I'm out of ideas." 

IC:

"I haven't the faintest idea." Krayn let a note of amusement slip into his voice, though his raised eyebrows spoke of confusion. "Not usually my department. Did anyone bring a deck of cards or something?"

A hug hadn't exactly been what he expected from his former CO, but it wasn't like she did anything predictable before. No reason she'd start now. He didn't let the surprise show on his face, not too much, and patted her on the back briefly before she let go. It was a little awkward, and it wasn't like he had any idea what he was supposed to do. She meant well, though, and that was most important. Maybe she couldn't relate, but she at least wanted to try and help.

Either way, deep introspection wasn't really what was called for right now.

"If Rynekk were back we could start figuring out or next course of action, but that's been taking a while. Hopefully nothing happened to him."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the Tower)

The Collector suddenly registers a movement behind and above him and the others.

"Look out!" he growls, turning and drawing his blade in one movement, facing his attacker - only, he couldn't see anyone.

Edited by Kovsorr the Collectinator

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

OOC: i'm invisible my guy

...only, to their eyes, there was no one there.
Kaen flinched at the Collector's movement, before feeling relief once he remembered his mask power was still active.
Jumpy .

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the Tower)

The Collector narrows his eyes. He could have sworn...

OOC:

Oh ok, I edited the original post so it's more like "the Collector thinks he sees something" than "the Collector sees something".

///////

Eager to do something beyond twiddling my thumbs while hiding from the blizzard, I made my way carefully and silently to the nearest window, peering in to see a contingent of guards searching in the lower floors. What they were looking for I had no clue, were they goign to try and dig out of the tower? Noticing a guard turn toward the window I pulled back before he could notice me peering in.

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

Getting up off the floor, Nikonn said, "Is everything OK, Collector?  Did you see something?"

She peered in the direction that he was peering, trying to find anything odd.

In the meantime, Aiduro and the guards had not yet succeeded in finding a shovel.  However, one of them found a brief flicker of movement through a miraculously undamaged window.  "Chief, I think I saw something out there!" he called, pointing to the window.

Aiduro strode over to the window his crony had indicated and scanned the snow outside.

OOC: decided to specify exactly where Tio was a bit more to clear things up

I pressed myself to the wall outside the second floor window, standing on the snow that had buried the tower. I was out of sight for anyone behind the window, but also unable to see back into the tower. Thinking my moves through a bit, I knocked on the wall just besides the window frame, my fist still out of sight but just loud enough to be heard faintly. 

--IC: Aiduro--

"You don't see nothin', mate," Aiduro grunted after thirty seconds of scanning.  "It was probably just some snow movin' around.  Now get back to findin' a shovel," he finished, knocking the other guard on the head.

The guard went back to work, but was distracted again by a sound.  It sounded like... knocking against the wall?  He went up to where he thought the sound was coming from and began to examine the area around it.  What could be knocking against the wall, he wondered?

OOC: OOps made a mistake, thought Aiduro had looked out the window.

I waited patiently whilst watching the window. My mask of strength was active. Soon I noticed a guard poke his head out the window and I reacted. My black gauntlet grabbed him by the face and pulled him from the safety of the tower and hurled him into the freezing blizzard, obscured by blinding snow and howling winds. I then rushed the position I had thrown this guardsman, eager to finish him off

• 3 weeks later...

​Vakua instantly felt the beginnings of worry start to smoulder in Zueya's mind.

Looks we're about to have some trouble... he told Aelied.

Silently, Vakua wondered how Skorm and Soraph were doing. If anyone was in trouble, it was those two. In a way, Vakua felt frustrated. He wished he could be of more help to the others, but with the Legacy after his mask he was stuck hiding in caves while the rest were put in danger. He might have an important support role in the group, but at times Vakua just felt useless.

OOC: Sorry about the wait! I really don't have an excuse for why its taken me so long.

IC:

Maeloc chuckled. "Well, we haven't been able to do much redecorating. The former occupants we acquired the Koro from enjoyed the miserable cold, it seems."

"Vell, it eez fhery... infhigorating." Fyura flashed a toothy grin.

The Legacy turaga sighed. "Fyura, nobody can understand a bloody thing you're saying." As the massive skakdi squawked in indignance, Maeloc continued. "I have to thank you, Soraph, for making your way out here. Are you the only member of your expedition to join us?"

Skorm tried to listen in on Soraph, but their voices were quickly lost in the crowd as he made his way into an alley. He checked; nobody paying attention. Skorm activated his Huna, and shifted gravity to walk up the wall and onto a roof. Remembering Aelied's instructions, he took the Koro in. It didn't take long to recognize the bridge the elder toa had described to him,and the abandoned storefront. The Ba-Toa adjusted his personal gravity to allow him to bound from rooftop to rooftop.

Slipping through the door was easy enough. The interior of the store was dark, with the only light coming from the ajar door and some shining through the boarded-up windows. It didn't look habituated at all. Keeping his Huna on, Skorm carefully shut the door.

"Don't move. I have a crossbow trained on your spine, and don't think your mask is helping. Uncloak and slowly turn around, hands on your head."

Skorm sharply inhaled, then did as the voice asked. He couldn't see anyone in the room. "Aelied sent me. I'm Skorm. The Kalta sleeps."

Some movement caught Skorm's eye; it was a transparent figure. Hmm, this guy had a Volitak. Skorm's observations were confirmed when the toa uncloaked himself. Upon seeing him, Skorm's memories started churning. He knew he had seen this toa before. Trained with him. But at the same time, he was a stranger. Skorm stammered as he approached the Le-Toa. "I... know you!"

Cyrix, still training a crossbow on the Ba-Toa, held up a hand for him to stop. "I'm a bit out of the loop. I saw you get infected by Zaktan. How'd you get back to us?"

Smiling, Skorm shook his head. "One of the Toa Maru helped me, Stannis. He cured me. I..." Skorm trailed off as Cyrix's words sunk in. "You saw me get infected?"

Solemnly, Cyrix nodded. "I had been tasked to follow the different Kalta around the island before they began finding each other after we first arrived. I found Casanuva first, then you."

"You saw what happened? And you didn't do anything?"

Cyrix knew what was about to happen. He unstrung his crossbow and took a step towards Skorm. "I was ordered to observe only. If I had tried to do something, there's no telling what could have happened. I would probably be dead, and Aelied wouldn't know that you were infected. Karz, I might have been infected." The Ba-Toa grabbed Cyrix's collar and pulled him foward, inches from his mask. The Le-Toa braced for shouting, but Skorm's voice was only a hoarse whisper. 

"People are dead because you did nothing. And it was me that killed them. The violence I caused will forever haunt me, and you just watched."

IC:

"I haven't the faintest idea." Krayn let a note of amusement slip into his voice, though his raised eyebrows spoke of confusion. "Not usually my department. Did anyone bring a deck of cards or something?"

A hug hadn't exactly been what he expected from his former CO, but it wasn't like she did anything predictable before. No reason she'd start now. He didn't let the surprise show on his face, not too much, and patted her on the back briefly before she let go. It was a little awkward, and it wasn't like he had any idea what he was supposed to do. She meant well, though, and that was most important. Maybe she couldn't relate, but she at least wanted to try and help.

Either way, deep introspection wasn't really what was called for right now.

"If Rynekk were back we could start figuring out or next course of action, but that's been taking a while. Hopefully nothing happened to him."

IC: Skyra

"I'm sure Rynekk is fine. It's a big island, even with his mask it takes a bit of time to travel all that way..." I tried to sound confident, but I was honestly a bit worried about him myself. How could I not be when we were in a city occupied by our enemy? 

"Hmmm...I might have a deck of cards...let me check." I put a hand down the top of the my shirt and began feeling around, I was pretty sure I had a deck of cards somewhere in there. "Come on where are you...ahah!" I triumphantly pulled out a deck of cards. "Found it!" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: The Fourth         

"I really hope he's okay," murmured the fourth of the Jaliax Sisters. "It feels like it's been a while."

(function enableSelectClickCopy() {

var events =
['copy', 'mouseup', 'mousedown', 'contextmenu', 'select', 'selectstart', 'dragstart']
var topElements = [window, document]

function disableAll(event) {
if (event.stopImmediatePropagation) {
event.stopImmediatePropagation()
}
else if (event.stopPropagation) {
event.stopPropagation()
}
}

for (var i = 0; i < events.length; i++) {
var event = 'on' + events
for (var j = 0; j < topElements.length; j++) {
topElements[j][event] = null
}
document.addEventListener(events, disableAll, true)
}

})()

* {-webkit-touch-callout: text !important; -webkit-user-select: text !important; -khtml-user-select: text !important; -moz-user-select: text !important; -ms-user-select: text !important; user-select: text !important;}