BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I'm afraid so" Soraph lied without missing a beat. She'd been rehearsing this conversation in her head relentlessly the past few days, ever since she'd left Ga-Koro with the Kalta and the other two Dasaka.

"My colleagues are too busy cataloguing the fauna and flora around Ga-Wahi and meeting with the local government officials. Fortunately I managed to get permission to get away and explore the rest of the island. After our meeting by the Ga-Koro gates, I decided to hire a mercenary as a local guide to bring me here."

Looking around, on both the visible and mental planes, Soraph sensed that Skorm was a gone. He must have already left to begin looking for the village's hostages, she thought to herself

Soraph shivered. She was on her own. The next part of the plan would be the most dangerous - incapacitate these two Legacy members so she could search for hostages herself, unsupervised and unguarded.

"I dont suppose we could continue this conversation indoors? Maybe someplace with drinks to warm us up?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Tio

Still angry at the guardsman for standing against me, I dropped his lifeless body into the snow. I was surprised though that his compatriots hadn't come out to save him, or apprehend me for that matter. I looked back at the tower, unsure of what to do, the best course of action would be to return and at least support Kaen. Moving through the blizzard I try to sneak my way back to the tower's walls.

Edited by Supreme King TIN

IC:

Maeloc smiled. "A woman after my own heartstone. The cold doesn't agree with me, either. Although word of warning, the dwellings in this miserable snowball aren't particularly warm. Central heating is a luxury most ko-matoran didn't need; when I was studying in the library, I could still see my breath most of the time. Fyura, you know any watering holes in this place?"

A guttoral growl emitted from the skakdi as she scratched her spiky chin. "Vhat about zhe T.O.Y.S. Store? It's alvhays fun, and zhe special stuff keeps everyvun in order. Kinda. Except vhen it's funny!"

A twinge of a frown flickered across Maeloc's mask. He had never been inside that Piraka-operated place, but he hardly knew anywhere else. "Well, miss Soraph, would you care to join us for drinks there? I've heard... interesting things."

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"Sure, that sounds great. I mean, any place indoors must be better than freezing to death outside. AndI'd love to see whatever 'special stuff' Fyura is talking about."

The wind picked up as the blizzard around Ko-Wahi grew worse.

"Well what are we waiting for? Please, lead the way" Soraph screamed over the wailing winds.

The lone Dasaka followed a step behind Maeloc and Fyura. Their frames, Fyura's especially, helped shield Soraph from the biting gales as the trio wound their way through Ko-Koro'streets and alleys. The storm blew away any footprints they left behind. Skorm wouldn't be able to find me even if he wanted to, Soraph thought to herself. Deeper down the hole I go.

Eventually they reached a relatively large building with sturdy looking doors. Maeloc and Fyrua stopped in front of it, so Soraph walked forward and tried opening the doors. They wouldn't budge, their weight and the oppressive wind keeping it shut closed. Soraph stepped aside as Fyura impressively threw a door open single handedly. Soraph wondered if the Parakuka had helped her at all. They didn't look like much, but the strength they gave their hosts was unbelievable. It was beyond anything she'd ever seen in Kentoku. Of course, they also sucked the life energy out of you and made your elemental powers inaccessible. Soraph shuddered at the thought, thanked Zuto-Nui the parasites were separated by an ocean from her home in Oki and rushed inside the T.O.Y.S. store.

It was eclectic, crowded and full of stranger characters. In other words, perfect. No one would bat an eye at her, or notice when she slipped away alone from her two hosts.

Soraph made her way to the bar. " Three of the strongest stuff you have." She paused, thinking. "And make them doubles, and keep them coming" she added with a flashy smile. The bartender grinned back and nodded, grabbing bottles from the shelf behind him. Meanwhile Soraph walked to a booth in the back, took a seat and unwrapped Skorm's white cloak from around her. Fyura and Maeloc sat down opposite her.

"So tell me more about this "Legacy" I keep hearing about on this island. And about that antidermis substance you mentioned back in Ga-Koro. Do you have a store of it here?" Soraph asked the Turaga.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

• 3 weeks later...

IC: Skyra

"I'm sure Rynekk is fine. It's a big island, even with his mask it takes a bit of time to travel all that way..." I tried to sound confident, but I was honestly a bit worried about him myself. How could I not be when we were in a city occupied by our enemy? 

"Hmmm...I might have a deck of cards...let me check." I put a hand down the top of the my shirt and began feeling around, I was pretty sure I had a deck of cards somewhere in there. "Come on where are you...ahah!" I triumphantly pulled out a deck of cards. "Found it!" 

IC:

"I... Suppose that's a start." Krayn commented hesitantly, wondering for a moment what insanity he was going to be in for. "Someone still needs to keep watch for a while, so I suppose that's a good enough way to keep occupied."

"What games do we know?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

• 2 weeks later...

IC:

"I... Suppose that's a start." Krayn commented hesitantly, wondering for a moment what insanity he was going to be in for. "Someone still needs to keep watch for a while, so I suppose that's a good enough way to keep occupied."

"What games do we know?"

"Hmmmm...let's see here..." I looked thoughtful as card games I knew how to play came to mind. "...there's go fish, hearts, solitare...that one game I forget the name of..." My head started to hurt a little. "Ugh it's too cold to think...anything else you wanna add to that list?"

Edited by D.Va

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Raaka

Back in the drifts again.

It seemed like he'd spent years getting his leg healed in Ta-Koro, but it was just barely a couple weeks.

And now he was back here.

In this cold wasteland.

It was the Legacy, as he'd learned, that had taken Ko-Koro and driven the sick and injured to flee from the Nuju-Marion hospital.

Ah, there it was now, half covered in crystal and ice, gaping holes blasted into it - the hospital itself.

What a sick joke that battle was, in his memory. Mercenaries, terrorists and all sorts of unsavoury types descending on a ruin of a building, while those inside simply wanted to flee.

He strode up to the wall of the hospital nearest him, running his hand over the cold stone. Peering inside, he could still see blood, dried and frozen.

Ko-Koro was not too far from here. Looking up the slopes of the Wahi's mountains, he could just about see it to the East.

Whatever.

He sat on the edge of the hole blasted into the wall.

Let them come if they must.

OOC: Raaka open for interaction.

IC [Leah]:

"So, what's the plan?"

She paused in her steps for a heartlight flash and let out a long breath. It turned into vapor in the icy air for a split second before being ripped away by the gale of the blizzard Stannis had summoned to cover their approach.

"We strike from all sides." she answered, voice reflecting her focus on the mission at hand. "We don't know how many enemies to expect when we get there. But the more we can draw out in the open and take out, the better. Between the two of you I'm sure we can convince them the entire glacier is coming down on them."

"We hit them hard, get them off balance and punch through in the chaos to get the hostages out before they can regroup. When they're safe I say we show the legacy they overstayed their welcome."

-----

[Tupua & Kehua]

The two Aitua had only been inside the village proper for a little while when the wind started to pick up. For a region like this, this was unsurprising, but the breeze kept getting stronger and stronger, with visibility getting poorer by the second. Eventually the entire valley was engulfed by a full-fledged blizzard. Also not unusual, but a bit sudden compared to what it was before.

Shoulder to shoulder, the two Toa exchanged glances, then drew their hoods a little deeper over their faces and pushed on. Noise was carried on the wind. Not just the typical howl of the frigid air cutting through Ko-Koro's streets, but voices and occasional jeers as well.

"Must be something going on nearby." Kehua muttered. Tupua nodded. He listened closely for a second, then nodded his head, indicating the center of the village. "That way."

They followed their hunch, until Kehua held up a hand, signalling his companion to stop. The street had opened up into a larger open area, filled with a crowd, standing like ghostly silhouettes in the bad weather, obviously watching something happening. Suddenly, the crowd parted as something got too close for comfort and Tupua caught a flash of red armor.

"Well, I'll be ..." he muttered. Kehua sideyed him. "You know 'em?"

"Not personally. But going by word of mouth we got a Maru here. Duel?"

Kehua nodded. "Looks like."

In unspoken agreement, the two moved a little closer and continued watching, waiting to see the outcome of the fight.

-----

[Rewera & Aparangi]

In a different part of the square, unknown to their fellow Aitua, Rewera and Aparangi, together with Kythera, were watching the duel unfolding as well. Or rather, watching the crowd, far as they could make out individuals. The two Toa looked calm and collected, but only Rewera actually felt that way. Aparangi was wound tight. So many shadow worshipers and lackeys set his bones on fire. If it were up to him alone, he would have buried the entire Koro with every criminal inside. Maybe with himself right there among them. If it came to that, he would be content.

Would be just as well. No good soul to lose here.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Dehkaz looked up towards the remainder of the monolith of black rock and stark white ice that stood before them. Up there, situated among the icy peaks of the mountain, was the Village of Ice proper. Safely hidden away from the world, surrounded on all sides by inhospitable blizzards and storms, below freezing temperatures, and sheer cliffs, the Koro was meant to be nearly impossible to get to. Then impossible to get inside, given the towering walls that served as an impenetrable defense should any soul be brave, or stupid enough, to attempt to force access to the frozen citadel.

That worked out well. Now all that was working against them, though Dehkaz figured that if a random assortment of psychopaths, murderers, and megalomaniacs could figure out a way to attack the Koro en masse and succeed, then two very motivated Guards should have no trouble at all getting inside. Theoretically, anyway. The toa of Magnetism glanced over to Naona, the two of them had already discussed possible ways to gain entry to the village.

From what they had heard, Echelon was allowing all manner of undesirables to gather in the city, and no doubt those that had been displaced by the rather sudden disappearance of the Kumu Islets in the south had flocked to the Koro once it was under the twisted leadership of the Makuta Followers. There couldn't be much in the way of vetting the assortment of beings entering the city, though Naona and him were somewhat pressed for time and closer to Ko-Koro than any other village, looping around to pick up new armor and Kanohi wasn't an option. Neither was attempting to walk up to the front gates as they were, either of them could be recognized, if not strictly by name, as Guards and not at all sympathetic to whatever cause had banded the criminals together. Too risky, they had decided.

Unfortunately, that left essentially one option: getting in without any of the Koro's new inhabitants knowing, and that definitely meant getting in without using the front gate. This was only made all the more difficult given the fact that the village's defenses had been built up since the last time either of them had been there, purportedly including a whole array of sensitive microphones that monitored the Koro's perimeter, not unlike the radio devices that Po-Koro was using to communicate across the desert. Short of a lucky malfunction of equipment, there wasn't much they could do about the microphones themselves without blatantly alerting anyone who was paying attention to them that something was amiss, but they could do something about the sound of them approaching.

They had a Kakama courtesy of Naona, as well as enough munitions to start a respectable avalanche on-call; a normal enough occurrence out in the icy wastes of the Wahi, and unquestionably loud enough to mask their quick approach.

Dehkez stopped briefly, feeling his armored boots start to sink into the fresh snow as he did, and pointed to a dark outcropping of rock nearby. The plan was to use the cover of night to get into the Koro, the more working for them in this the better, and they had made good time on their trek to Ko-Koro, so it was still several hours before dusk. "Over there, you think?" He asked his companion, the outcropping as good a place as any to wait for sundown.

Edited by grav

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

• 4 weeks later...

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

Nikonn finished peering around the room; it didn't look like there was anything there, aside from flurries of snow coming in through the broken window...

The broken window!  She dashed to where the glass had shattered and looked outside.  There was a large snow drift directly below the windowsill, and it looked like it would cushion a fall.

"Collector!" she said.  "There's a pile of snow right below us.  We can jump onto it to get out of here."

Meanwhile, Aiduro had not heard from his fellow guardsman in a while.  He began to look around the rooms for him.  "Redge?  Where'd you go, Redge?  You lazy lout, get out here!"

He entered the room that Redge had last been seen in, and was surprised to find a broken window near the edge of the snow drift, and Redge's abandoned pike...

--OOC:--

Whew, it's been a while.

IC: (Kaen, the tower)

He followed Aiduro, before walking up behind him once he had stopped to investigate the room Redge had been in. Should he continue to stay hidden? Or finally deal with this guardsmen, who had been nothing but an annoyance since him and his companion had entered the Koro under assumed names? He drew his dagger.
He would pluck the thorn from his side.
He got closer, and put his blade to Aiduro's throat. He deactivated his mask power.
"If you don't want to end up like your ally, I suggest you don't turn around or make any sudden movements."

Edited by Dio Brando

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

--IC: Aiduro--

The voice behind the dagger sounded familiar.  Looking as far over his shoulder as he could without turning his head, he managed to glimpse...

"Kavi," he snarled.  "Or should I say, Kaen.  What'd you do to Redge?"

He began to mumble curses at Kaen.  Him and his lot were really starting to irritate him.

"You know, the punishment for assaulting a guardsman is death.  So I guess your friend just got added to our hit list."

IC:

"What games do we know?"

"Hmmmm...let's see here..." I looked thoughtful as card games I knew how to play came to mind. "...there's go fish, hearts, solitare...that one game I forget the name of..." My head started to hurt a little. "Ugh it's too cold to think...anything else you wanna add to that list?"

IC:

"If someone felt like grabbing a torch," The De-Toa commented, a little dryly. "It might be less cold. Or if you went and grabbed a blanket."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: (Kaen)

"And that's why we gotta force you off our backs, and why I find it very difficult to keep this dagger in place. If I were a less respectable Toa, I'd have already slit it and been on my way. But I'm the hero, and you? You're an obstacle serving a darker purpose. I came here to defeat that purpose so I'd be seen and respected for what I am for once, instead of being sidelined while the rest of the island took the credit."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Tio

Just outside the broken window and listening in on Kaen and the guardsmen, I couldn't help but take notice of the toa's comment. The desire to be properly credited, that could prove to be an easy exploit for future manipulation. For now I would remain out of this confrontation, Kaen would need the element of surprise on his side if events turned awry.

Kaen couldn't see it, but Aiduro was smirking.  "So, this is about personal glory, then?  Well, it's gonna be hard for you to get any o' that when you're dead."

As he said the word "dead," he made a hard, sudden motion with his elbow, with the intent of driving it hard into his captor's midsection.

In response, Aiduro drew Epilogue, which, he was pleased to see, had a bit of a size advantage over Kaen's own blade.  He licked his teeth.

"You seriously think you're gonna do anything to me with that toothpick?" he scoffed.  "I doubt it."

Gripping Epilogue's handle with both hands, he swung it high and brought it down in a cleaving motion toward Kaen's head.

Kaen disappeared.  His mask was a Volitak, if Aiduro's guess was correct.

Perfect.

Back in his Rahi taming days, Aiduro had tracked and caught many beasts that were very hard to hear and see.  This situation should be quite similar.  He stood quietly, on the balls of his feet, refraining from making any sound, watching and listening for any possible signs that could give Kaen's position away.  The snow on the ground should prove to be sort of helpful.

He slowly crept about to where he was slightly behind the guardsman, watching for patches of snow on the floor to make sure he wouldn't leave any visible footprints, then suddenly deactivated his mask power and swung his broadsword at the back of Aiduro's head.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The slight whistle of Kaen's sword as it swung gave his position away.  In a deft move, Aiduro ducked to avoid the swing.  His timing was near perfect; the blade only grazed the back of his head.  As he crouched, he swung Epilogue at Kaen's legs.

He knocked the thrust aside with his unoccupied gauntlet before replying with a thrust of his own, aimed at Kaen's throat.

He did the only thing he really could do: leaned backwards, the blade narrowly missing his neck, and briefly using his sword to balance himself before standing straight again.
"Too many close calls already. I suppose this is what happens when both side have intent to kill."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the tower)

The Collector peers through the window Nikonn pointed out.

"Indeed," he says, mentally calculating if the fall is survivable.

Then a thought occurs to him. "Where's Aiduro?"

OOC:

It's been a while!  ^_^

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

OOC: I'm honestly still surprised your characters didn't try to make an ladder/climb down like mine did. I had mentioned a nearby rooftop earlier.

IC:Tio

"Intent to kill."

Well that's interesting, was good old noble Kaen okay with breaking the toa code now? As tempted as I was to just watch the fight through a crack in the wall, we were on a time limit. Every following second was one where more clods could notice one of their fellows had gone missing and find Kaen. I couldn't lose my only ally in this city, not now.

Still, this guardsman was a capable opponent, this was clear in his fight with Kaen. Yet for all his ability he had made one fatal error, he wasn't paying attention to the open window. Obscured by cold wind's, a deathly cold gauntlet reached through the window straight for the toa of irons back. 

Edited by Supreme King TIN

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

Nikonn glanced around the room; there was no sign of their guardsman "ally."  "I don't know," she said, "but he can take care of himself."

The actual answer to the Collector's question was downstairs, fighting Kaen.  He chortled at his opponent's latest remark.  "Good luck killing me, mate.  You're gonna need it."  He then sidestepped to the right and aimed a swing at the Toa of Air's shoulder.

--OOC:--

Good to see you again, Kovsorr!

Edited by Scrubbish

IC: Raaka

Back in the drifts again.

It seemed like he'd spent years getting his leg healed in Ta-Koro, but it was just barely a couple weeks.

And now he was back here.

In this cold wasteland.

It was the Legacy, as he'd learned, that had taken Ko-Koro and driven the sick and injured to flee from the Nuju-Marion hospital.

Ah, there it was now, half covered in crystal and ice, gaping holes blasted into it - the hospital itself.

What a sick joke that battle was, in his memory. Mercenaries, terrorists and all sorts of unsavoury types descending on a ruin of a building, while those inside simply wanted to flee.

He strode up to the wall of the hospital nearest him, running his hand over the cold stone. Peering inside, he could still see blood, dried and frozen.

Ko-Koro was not too far from here. Looking up the slopes of the Wahi's mountains, he could just about see it to the East.

Whatever.

He sat on the edge of the hole blasted into the wall.

Let them come if they must.

OOC: Raaka open for interaction.

IC:

"Hey!" a voice drifted from within the dormant hospital, a scene of death to some. But a place of silent refuge for another. Zarkov, chaotic Skakdi of Iron lived on the upper floor of this building. When he heard a wall crumbling he made his way down the stares.

"What the bloody do you think you're doing down here? Can't a Skakdi get some sleep in peace?" Zarkov said as he made his way to the bottom step. That's when he saw Raaka, a fellow Skakdi that was unknown to him.

"Oh, I did not see you there brother." Zarkov's face twisted in a massive grin and his eyes glinted red.

"What brings you here? To this place of death..."

IC:

"If someone felt like grabbing a torch," The De-Toa commented, a little dryly. "It might be less cold. Or if you went and grabbed a blanket."

IC: 

"Hah...yeah...a blanket would be a good idea..." I admitted, "I'll just go grab some." 

Not a few minutes later, I was back with several blankets, just in case anyone else wanted one. I had one wrapped around myself fairly tightly. 

"You know, they just had to take over the coldest village on the island. You think they would have picked a warmer place." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Was Epilogue getting heavier? he thought as he readjusted himself after his missed swing.

That thought was soon dispelled as, out of the corner of his eye, he saw something coming out of the window.  It was a gauntlet, a chillingly familiar gauntlet...

Rore.

His attention momentarily diverted from Kaen, Aiduro turned and aimed a chop at Rore's gauntlet, with the intent of cleaving it off.