BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

--IC: Aiduro--

It was the whistle of Kaen's sword that did him in again.

Aiduro's sharp hearing helped him discern that it was a vertical chop aimed at the back of his head.  As he finished his own chop at Rore's hand, he performed an odd duck-and-roll maneuver that caused the strike to hit him on the thigh instead of the head.  Without pausing to look at his own chop's results, he grabbed Tangler and tossed it at Kaen, hoping to entangle him, before aiming a double-handed blow at his opponent's ribs.

IC: Tio

Turns out Aiduro had paid the price for focusing on two targets at once, a bolt of freezing energy had hit his shoulder pad, interrupting his chop and locking his shoulder with ice.

I made little effort to hide my mocking contempt. "Oh my dear guardsman, you had fought so hard for the honorable cause of 'widgets', but this amusing diversion ends now"

Edited by Supreme King TIN

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the tower)

"Yes, you're right," says the Collector, "But we need him to help us to find those Toa." 

Then he turns to some of the guardsmen.

"Find Aiduro," he says, "Then we're leaving."

OOC:

I'll leave the guardsmen in your control, Lan.

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

--IC: Nikonn--

Nikonn turned back to look out the window at the snowdrift, again trying to determine whether it was safe to jump onto it.  Though the Collector couldn't see it, she rolled her eyes.  She didn't want to have Aiduro around; he was the reason that those Toa who captured her earlier had associated her with Echelon.  And that couldn't be further from the truth.  She didn't even really want to find those Toa; she just wanted to get out of Ko-Koro.  Let the guardsmen deal with them.

And deal with them they would.  The small pack of guardsmen shuffled down the stairs, hunting for their friend and leader.  One of them hushed the group, and pointed to a room where fighting was heard.  They all bustled in, to find Aiduro, with his shoulder frozen, being attacked by two other Toa.

Oh I should have seen this coming. Just as I was about to have fun too.

Summoning my elemental powers yet again I covered the area infront of the doorway with slippery ice, a good enough distraction to hold the guards at bay for a second. I then pulled away from the window.

"We gotta go"

IC: (Kaen)

The Toa of Air threw off Tangler, Tio's actions leaving Aiduro unable to finish his counterattack.
"What a fine mess this is..."
He sheathed his broadsword and snatched up his dagger as he rushed past the guardsman and jumped out the window, landing near the Toa of Ice.
"I had the ######! That should've been it! Why can things ever be easy for us, Tio?!"

Edited by Josuke Higashikata 8

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

--IC: Aiduro and Nikonn--

Aiduro managed to get some of the ice off his shoulder, picked up Tangler, sheathed Epilogue (which was noticeably heavier by now), and stared at his guardsmen compatriots.  "Well?  Don't just stand there!  They're here to put a wrench in our city!  They killed Redge, by God!  Let's get after them!"

Spurred into action, the guardsmen stumbled across the ice laid out for them by Rore.  Only three had the common sense to wear snow cleats, and one was a Toa of Air, so could jump well.  The others had a bit of a harder time getting across, them being more used to traversing snow than ice.  One stayed behind and went back upstairs to inform Nikonn and the Collector of the exit.

"Miss, sir," he said, too politely for a rough Ko-Koro guardsman.  "We've found Aiduro, and with him, an easier way out of the tower.  There's a broken window in a downstairs room, on level with the snow outside."

Nikonn cocked an eyebrow.  "Well," she said to the Collector, "I suppose we won't have to risk injury to get out of here after all."

Rushing through the snow with Kaen, I used my powers to cover our tracks, as the snowstorm blocked all sight.

"Life is never easy Kaen, history is littered with people who gave up because it's hard, question is do we want to remain in Ko Koro or leave so we can make a second attempt down the line"

Edited by Supreme King TIN

IC: The Collector of Masks (In the tower)

"Good," says the Collector, "Let's go."

He goes down to the room with the broken window, and peers outside to see the guardsmen running across the snow.

"What on Mata Nui are they doing?"

Edited by Kovsorr the Collectinator

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

--IC: Nikonn and Aiduro--

"They appear to be... chasing someone," Nikonn said skeptically.

The guardsmen were, indeed, chasing someone, or rather, two someones.  Those two someones being Kaen and Rore.  With Aiduro at their head, the small contingent of guardsmen were struggling to catch up, even with the aid of the Kanohi Akaku that one of their number was wearing, and the powers of the Toa of Air in their ranks.

Nikonn sighed.  "Let's go after them."

IC: Tio - Ko Koro

I grinned at Kaen's spite, anything to ruin the day of these lowlifes.

"Well then, we'll just have to fight smarter than them ... quick up that patch of snow"

Rushing forward I headed up the snowbanks of the avalanche I had caused earlier, making a slight modification to the snow below myself and Kaens feet as we made our way up it.

IC: The Collector of Masks (Inside the tower --> Outside the tower)

"Fine," says the Collector.

Sword in hand, the Collector begins to run across the ice towards the guardsmen, taking care not to slip.

///////

OOC: Oh jeez I'm sorry for the hiatus but anyway now I'm not renovating my house full-time

IC:

The Legacy turaga wondered if Soraph knew what kind of distilled rotgut she was ordering. "I'll have mine shaken, please," he asked of the bartender as he pulled himself onto a stool.

"I vant tree drinks too."

Maeloc was silent until he had his drink in front of him. His lenses clicked as he studied the facets of the glass in his hand. Time to play this cool; he was now in a position of power, not scheming in a hostile village. "I've already done you a favor by vouching for you; you're going to have to provide something for me in return. Tit for tat, if you will. I'll answer one of your questions when you answer one of mine."

The archivist looked at Soraph and took a sip from his glass. "Why come to Mata Nui? Explorers are always looking for something. You're clearly not the advance scouts of an invasion. You're not a sailor, so this was clearly a purposeful expedition. What brought a submarine of psions across an endless ocean to our strife-filled island?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Soraph stared into her glass while listening to Maeloc's own inquiries. They were perfectly reasonable - she had given him barely information at all since meeting him, yet the Turaga had provided her with a relative wealth of knowledge of Mata-Nui. She considered outright lying to Maeloc, but decided against it. She would need to concentrate while using her psychic abilities, and speaking the truth would make the process easier.

She drank the tiniest drop of the amor liquid and nearly gagged. The locals clearly had no experience with making alcohol. No good experience anyways.

Shaking her head to try to rid the flavour from her mouth, Soraph started speaking. "Our Empire only just recently found out about the existence of your island - we're no scouts for a military action, but we are scouts. It's like a whole new world has suddenly become available to us - before we can do anything, we need to learn about Mata-Nui.

"The fauna, the flora, the climate.... you have creatures and plants and weather patterns we could scarcely imagine in Kentoku. There's the chance for new medicines, foods, materials. New places and environments to live in. The scientists and other scholars that have come with me can barely contain their excitement. Everything in your world is going to change ours. Metal, for example. In my home metal is scarce, only the rich and powerful can afford anything more than a few ounces. But here it's practically growing on trees! Iron and silver and gold and copper....you could buy an entire city in the Empire with what you consider junk.

"There's also some people we're supposed to keep an eye out for. But it's your turn now: Answer the questions I asked you!"

All the while she was speaking, Soraph began concentrating her mental energies on Fyura. Between her and Maeloc, she obviously posed the bigger threat. Once she dealt with, Maeloc would be easy by comparison.

Soraph touched the Skakdi's mind gently, taking care to avoid the Parakuka latched onto it. It was a delicate operation, manipulating one being's mind without alerting neither it nor the parasite enmeshed within it. But Soraph was a Vilda Willhammer - if anyone could do it, it was her.

Soraph whispered into Fyura's mind, her words carrying with them more power than just sound. Drink. Drink a little more. Oh, that's nothing, I need another glass at least. Or two. It's practically water, I could drink this all day.

The words were thoughts, and under Soraph's practiced hand they were practically indistinguishable from Fyura's own. The skakdi would think they were her own ideas, that she really did want another drop of that amber drink.

The Vilda princess kept on uttering her "suggestions" to Fyura while waiting for Maeloc to answer. Once Fyura was too drunk to stop her, Soraph would repeat the process on the tirana. These Mata-Nuian's were so simple minded, she thought to herself smugly. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Drink.

The thought was already in Fyura's mind as she drained the three mugs in front of her. It resounded in her consciousness; Vayde's voice added to that idea, and it grew.

"Drink..." Fyura mumbled as she put down her last glass, empty. She was thirsty. Drink. Fyura hungrily glanced around the bar. Drink. She spotted a mid-sized skakdi nursing a drink sitting at the bar a few meters away. A wide grin split Fyura's face as she got up and sauntered over.

"Buy me ah drink?"

The skakdi only half-noticed her, and didn't note the predator's glint in her eyes. "Buzz off, Fyura."

Fyura grabbed his wrist and shoulder, and and an eerie glow emanated from her hands where she started draining his energy. Both the skadi and parasite reveled in this stolen energy; they barely registered the bar patron's protests as she clamped her mouth around part of his external spine to drain faster.

Maeloc frowned when he noticed Fyura feeding. Must she? Inside? Whatever.  "That man's tab is on me," the turaga whispered to the bartender. Turning back to Soraph, he smiled as he zoomed in on her face to note her reaction. "Really, if he's free, I simply must introduce you to Eisen. he is one of the most skilled toa of Iron on the island, and one of my bosses. But, my companion's habits provide a rather nice segue into one of your other questions."

He gestured to Fyura's victim, who's protests were growing fainter, drowsier. "This is what antidermis can do. Or exhibit A, at least; exposure can result in a great many things. It can alter the minds of those without the conviction to use it, and those with the desire for that power it grants entirely new abilities. Fyura's parasite is both a curse and a boon. Her powers are withered away, and every time she taps into the parakuka, her life force is drained like an hourglass. She was, however, blessed with another of Makuta's son's abilities: Hunger. Energy hunger, as she calls it. Like the Vorahk, she can drain the strength of others and use it as her own. Sometimes it doesn't take long for parakuka to burn out their host; I wonder how long Fyura could sustain herself on her prey."

Another sip. "And this is only one example of the benefits of antidermis. I've seen people's power expand exponentially because of it, and this is but one use. It can apparently be used to enslave a rahkshi to your will; while it seems rather heretical to me, its utility even I can't deny. Now, my turn again. What exactly are you and your people capable of? Elemental powers seem to be foriegn, and you're shaped like us, but I would like to know. For posterity. Interactions and sources of powers is a bit of an interest of mine, you see."

IC: Tio & Kaen - Ko Koro outskirts

We stopped on a patch of snow fresh from the landslide. As he stood Kaen noticed that the snow was much more firm than it aught to be. Behind us an overeager Kakama using guard fell four feet into the snow we had walked over. It was time I explained the plan.

"Yes, the snow here is deep and without a toa of ice they'll have difficulty crossing, this gives us time to take control of the snowstorm again"

Kaen nodded, glancing back at their pursuers for a moment before looking back to Tio. Snow started swirling around him as he began to use his powers. "Then let's get to work."

Both Toa held their swords aloft, those weapons glowing with green and icy blue light. The storm surged around them with more ferocity than before, battering every one of their pursuers and chilling them to the core with it's deathly chill and furious winds. 

IC:

Soraph was still staring greedily at Fyura as the Skakdi drained her latest victim. Parakuka aside, this was exactly the sort of power she'd been hoping to find on Mata-Nui. Energy hunger, outright control of other beings (Rahkshi, though maybe others too?)... Soraph was technically only in Ko-Koro to find and rescue the captive Matoran, but if she gained access to abilities that would make her more powerful, strong enough to usurp her aunt? That was all just a pleasant bonus.

"Well, telepathy of course, between ourselves and if one has the right training, with others. I can do that, which is how I talked to Fyura back in Ga-Koro." The Vilda Menti neglected to mention the rest of a Willhammer's abilities; no point in giving her next victim advance notice.

"Some of my people can also create mental projections, or illusions. The more combative types can move things around with their minds, and certain warriors like my cousin can even create weapons out of mental energies.

"You're up again. Say I wanted to get my hands on antidermis, who should I speak to? You wouldn't happen to have any, would you? Also, what about those artifacts you were looking into in Ga-Koro? Find any more of those?" Soraph asked as she began turning the focus of her psychic powers onto Maeloc.

Drink.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

• 3 weeks later...

IC [Leah]:

"We strike from all sides." she answered, voice reflecting her focus on the mission at hand. "We don't know how many enemies to expect when we get there. But the more we can draw out in the open and take out, the better. Between the two of you I'm sure we can convince them the entire glacier is coming down on them."

"We hit them hard, get them off balance and punch through in the chaos to get the hostages out before they can regroup. When they're safe I say we show the legacy they overstayed their welcome."

IC:

Sulov nods, unafraid.

(God, I'm afraid.)

He knows that he has Stannis and Leah on his side. They had fought Rahkshi, Piraka, Shadow Toa, even Makuta himself.

(We had Oreius then. And Korero. And Reordin.)

He flexes the fingers of his hand. Clenches them into a fist and releases them. He is conscious of each and every one of his joints: how they move, how they crack from fatigue and cold, how he stretches them each step until he can feel the blood pump in muscles again. How they are still strong enough to get him through what is to come.

(God, give me strength.)

He reaches out into the world to feel for earth, any earth, any part of Onua's domain that he might be able to call on.

(But there's so little. So little of home here.)

"All right then," Sulov Maru says. "Let's do this."

(God help us all.)

-Void

Edited by Conway

[ BZPRPG ]

• 5 weeks later...

OOC: I guess we're posting this on a monthly schedule now. It has been a very busy couple of weeks on my end both work-related and with family emergencies. Hence the delay. 

IC [Leah]:

Toa Leah closed her eyes, focusing inward for a moment in preparation for what was to come. She could hear the icy winds howl in her ears, her skin needled by tiny frozen shards carried on the gales. They pinged off of her armor and mask, making her face tingle slightly.

Stannis and Sulov were on either side of her. Between a rock and a hard place, she thought. It registered as funny somewhere in her mind but that's where it remained. This was not the time. She glanced at Stannis and they exchanged nods.

Leah started forwards, walking first, then speeding up until she charged at the warehouse ahead of them. There were more guards posted outside, trying to look casual while doing their duty. She spotted two of them near an entrance, though there were bound to be more. As they turned to look in the direction the sound of running feet was coming from, the Toa Maru summoned a wave of water, bursting forth from her hand and spreading out until it covered both the door and its guardians. It slammed into them, knocking the two over with considerable force, then blew the door to the warehouse to splinters as it impacted with a band and surged into the building, still strong enough to sweep anybody in the room beyond off of their feet.

An instant later she was through the door as well, almost surfing on the slick floor with her posture low, her body coiled to attack or defend at an instant. Her eyes scanned the room, looking for the best path to take her deeper inside and closer to the hostages. Mentally, she was counting the seconds until her brothers would bring down the walls of the place and really get this party started. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC

The Legacy's hostage facility was designed to be inconspicuous; just one inconsequential warehouse among many near the northern edge of the Koro. As such, guard presence outside was kept to a minimum in favour of covert surveillance and concealed strength.

But between the driving snow and the labyrinth of buildings beyond, the sentries watching from the warehouse's upper floors didn't see the Maru's advance until it was too late. Their shouts were almost immediately drowned out the crash of Leah's wave as it shattered the easternmost door. The guards on the warehouse floor — eight in number — spun to face the source of the noise, only to be met with a waist-high torrent of water that knocked their feet from under them. Spluttering and wiping water from their eyes, they struggled to regain their footing and seize dropped weapons, many of which had already been swept metres away by the wave.

The sentries, perched as they were on wooden catwalks raised high above the warehouse floor, were more prepared. As Leah sprang through the now-obliterated doorway, two Vortixx aimed energy weapons at her and a Toa of Lightning summoned crackling arcs in each hand, while the fourth sentry (a Le-Lesterin) scrambled for a nearby ladder, leading to the roof.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

Within a heartlight's pulse she took in the situation. Could she defeat a dozen guards, alone and fast enough to get everybody out safely? Maybe, with a lot more preparation, information about the opposition and a full layout of the building. 

Right now, what she had was the the element of surprise, considerable power - and even better backup right behind her. The trick was to keep up the momentum of the attack and their enemies off balance. 

She threw her arms up and outwards, along with the water sloshing around on the floor, while making sure not to touch the liquid herself in case the lightning Toa got any ideas. It rose as two walls rushing away from either side of her, climbing high enough to hit the catwalks, breaking the sentries' line of sight and clearing a path through the room. 

She broke into a sprint for the next door, zigzagging to avoid being led by the Vortixx's potential shots.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"If someone felt like grabbing a torch," The De-Toa commented, a little dryly. "It might be less cold. Or if you went and grabbed a blanket."

IC: 

"Hah...yeah...a blanket would be a good idea..." I admitted, "I'll just go grab some." 

Not a few minutes later, I was back with several blankets, just in case anyone else wanted one. I had one wrapped around myself fairly tightly. 

"You know, they just had to take over the coldest village on the island. You think they would have picked a warmer place." 

IC:

"I'd say it suits them, but the truth is just that it was the most isolated." Krayn held out a hand to take the deck from Skyra, and started shuffling as soon as she handed it over. It was something to keep his hands busy for a few minutes. Shuffle, reshuffle, see if he could still remember a few tricks for the process. The ruffling sound of cards was something of a comfort, it beat the silence. Or worse, the distant sounds of a town overrun with Makuta's acolytes muffled by the snow. "Matoro did a lot to build up the Sanctum Guard, and he didn't make anyone feel comfortable about it. From what I've heard he let the Akiri thing go to his head."

"Size of the Guard doesn't mean it's effective, and with Ko-Koro's remote location... Easiest Koro to attack without fear that the others will reinforce it in time. And, once they took it, easiest to keep. Not a great combination."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Arankhe

"Defensible, unsuitable weather for anyone looking to take it back, and it has the high ground. A smart choice indeed. Attacking in blunt force will just net casualties, even if victorious. I wonder if there's any way to weaken defences from the inside." Arankhe wondered aloud, rubbing her chin. Finally, she looked up a little.

"I'm unfamiliar with this game. How do you play?" she gestured to the cards Krayn held.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Skyra

I pulled the blanket around myself more tightly around me. "Yeah, I get that it makes sense strategically...but that doesn't mean I'm not gonna complain about it!" 

I just needed to think of warm things. Like my blanket...or a cup of hot chocolate. Yeah. I looked at Aranke. "Oh, I'm we can figure out some way to weaken their defenses. Sabotage can work wonders if done right."

"Did we even decide what game we were playing? I don't recall." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Waves crashing was not a sound Maeloc expected to hear in Ko-Koro. He paused in his conversation with the Dasaka maiden and tilted his head. He was thirsty, but alarms went off in his head.

"I'm sorry, miss Soraph, but I'm afraid we're going to have to put this matter on hold."

Either that hothead dueling in front of the Citadel melted an avalanche, or something else was happening. There are ways into the Citadel from here, to secure the archive- Wait. This timing was suspect. And she was being cagey. By Makuta, it wasn't his job to deal with this. Maeloc drank the rest of his glass, then wheezed from the rawness. "Fyura. Take our guest to the Citadel. Now." He turned to Soraph, adding, "Don't worry, you'll be quite safe, and I'm sure we can find you more concrete answers to your questions."

Fyura could feel Vayde's disgruntled attitude about not finishing her meal, but she complied. She dropped the lesterin she had been draining and returned to the pair. She grunted, tilting her head at the door. But... she was still thirsty. Her pupils were dilated from the power high. She barely resisted as Vayde agreed with the compulsion to drink. Her claws grabbed at Soraph's arm and face. She would be safer if Fyura just carried her, like a sleeping baby...

IC:

Cyrix sighed. "I know I could have-"

The Le-Toa stopped short when he heard sounds of a massive amount of rushing water. "We can hash this out later. That was too close for comfort."

Skorm shot one last accusatory look at his teammate, before activating his Huna. "I came here with a Dasaka. Uh, she's like a Toa, but not from here. Part of an expedition. I need to make sure she's safe, I think she's talking with some very dangerous people."

The Le-Toa didn't pause to respond as a started climbing the ladder up to the roof. "Got it. I can help you with that, but let's figure out what the Karz is going on. Not much of a recon agent if I don't know what's going on a few blocks over." As he crawled onto the roof, he activated his own Volitak. He heard a snow-muffled thump that was presumably Skorm leaping onto the roof beside him. He focused his rangefinder lenses on the warehouse on the opposite end of the block two rows over. He deactivated his mask so he could be heard. "Door's gone. I see lightning and other shots coming from inside, can't see who at... Wait, blue toa. Ga-Toa. Legacy troops defending, I've seen them around enough, didn't think they were guarding that warehouse."

"We just gonna watch? You're good at just watching."

Cyrix ignored the intended barb. "We're gonna watch closer before deciding on a course of action. Let's jet onto a closer rooftop." The Le-Toa reactivated his Volitak and made an air-assisted jump onto the next roof, leapfrogging until he was two buildings away.

Skorm followed suit, but faster than his brother, simply levitating closer. His thoughts drifted to Soraph, but she was capable of handling herself. But his thoughts stopped when he saw someone he definately wasn't expecting to see in Legacy-controlled Ko-Koro.

"Stannis?"

IC:

Soraph had turned the full power of her mental energies to Maeloc. Manipulating the mind of wise, scheming Datsue was difficult and engrossing work. The Vilda barely registered what Maeloc was saying; she surely hadn't the waves of water summoned elsewhere in the Koro, or the shouting and fighting going on outside. It was said that Willhammers lived on two planes their whole lives, though in reality was it always just one at a time.

When Fyura staggered in front of her and grabbed her face and arm, Soraph didn't move for an entire second.

:wha: "What's" :whats going on!: she both yelled and thought, as she rushed to return her attention to the physical world. Mental energies slipped through her grasp as she became aware of Fyura's attack.

"Get - get off me!" Soraph screamed as she struggled against the Skakdi's vicious hold. She flailed around and tried to push Fyura away, but failed. Even under normal circumstances the Skakdi was far stronger than herself; Willhammers, who devoted years to mental training, were not particularly known for the physical prowess. Now, the Parakuka-latched Skakdi stole and fed on her energy; with each passing moment Vayde grew stronger while Soraph grew considerably weaker.

Seeing she was outmatched, the Vilda princess tried to gather enough will to use her mental abilities again. She reached out at Fyura-Vayde's mind and poured all the energy she could into a command :let her go:, but the bonded pair ignored Soraph's though. She saw now her error; she had inculcated the desire to drink too strongly. Soraph could hardly laugh as she realized it was her own earlier expertise that was leading to her defeat.

Her arms and legs grew leaden and it was becoming to breathe. She felt like her entire body was shutting down. Soraph stopped trying to resist - she knew when was beat. She could have sworn she sensed Fyura smile and squeal with glee as her prey admitted defeat and she was pulled into a bear hug, what was left of her strength fleeing considerably faster.

In a last gamble, she focused her thoughts into a single phrase. Soraph thought it as loudly as she could. Most probably no one would hear it - if someone did, there was little they would be able to do to help.

Then, darkness as fainted and collapsed into Fyura's arms.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC

Guards who had just managed to struggle to their feet were send tumbling again as Leah's walls of water surged through the room. The crests of the waves reached the catwalks, throwing off the Vortixx's aim as they fired — sending energy bolts crackling into walls, floor, and one unfortunate guard on the ground level — and forcing the Toa to dispel his lightning or risk electrocuting his allies. Leah's path to the door was unopposed for now.

The Lesterin sentry, meanwhile, was already halfway up the ladder, and the water swept harmlessly by below his feet. He scrambled up the last few rungs, through the trapdoor, and up onto the snow-blanketed roof. A large object lay ahead of him, swathed in a tarpaulin which he hastily yanked off. Revealed was a boxy piece of Onu-Koronan tech, a jumble of pumps, pipes and cables with a trio of funnel-like appendages at the top. He reached for the lever that would turn it on.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Depends on what we want to play." The former Force officer bridge-shuffled the cards, setting them face down on a chair in front of him. Without an actual table, it was probably the best surface he'd get. "Anyone here know how to play rummy? Simpler than teaching poker."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Stannis Maru

Leah was by far the quickest between them and had wasted no time before making a spectacular entrance to the Legacy's holdfast, and Sulov and Stannis waited a breath longer before they, too, charged for the door. Their sister entered like a quick tsunami, decimating and blinding; Stannis' traits lended for a more calculated, if still destructive, introduction. 

Like his sister before him he quickened his pace incrementally before running full sprint. Taking after his elemental predecessor, the Maru of Stone was slow to act but nigh-impossible to halt once in motion. His footfalls were heralded by quakes and rumbles, and he aimed his charge at the wall on the right of the shattered doorway with unflinching determination. The guard who had stood on that side of the door and been bowled over by Leah's attack had somehow managed to regain his standing and made an attempt at doing his duty, directing his lance at Stannis' hulking mass, but Stannis' staff intercepted the weapon and he swept the guard and his weapon off his feet and to the side with an effortless grace Joske would have paid to spectate. 

When Stannis reached the wall, he was nothing less than a wrecking ball. Ice and mortar crumbled as his body tore through the structure, leaving shards and splinters falling behind him and a toa-sized hole that rapidly expanded as the wall's integrity faltered. Though not as graceful as Leah had been, his steps did not feel impeded by the still-sloshing water in the slightest, and he strode assuredly through the water without the slightest hint of slip. Leah's latest stroke—her twin walls of water—were falling then, and the rivulets that had an instant before been a dense warding screen were clapping to the floor like the wall behind. 

His eyes drank in the scenario, taking stock of the few remaining holdout warriors in the chamber. His instinctive mind immediately recognized the danger the toa of lightning posed in the room, and with a thought encased the toa's hands with blocks of stone, smothering the electricity that she had sparked. He planted his feet then, abruptly bringing his charge to a halt, and stood thence as a veritable statue. Mirroring him, on the other side of the chamber, Sulov had done similarly.

The Toa Maru had arrived. 

• Upvote 1

The swordsman was done playing. It was time to wrap up this bout.

IC

This is how it ends.

With a bang. With fire and smoke and the wind howling in your ears. With hot blood and cold steel.

Eisen falls like a star. Too late, the Maru realizes his error. He has moved too quickly. Struck too soon. His flames kiss the snow into extinguishing water. Suicide.

Time winds down like a dying clock. They are frozen here, in this heartbeat that holds for a thousand years.

IC:

Sulov charges and the wall gives way.

(Ceramic plating on the left shoulder to absorb the impact of the rock and ice. Leaves my right hand free for what I find on the other side.)

To his left is his Commander, surveying the battlefield. His sister races ahead of them, and from the way that she zig-zags across the floor, Sulov's gaze moves upwards to the Vortixx among the catwalks, guns in hand. Stannis has handled the Toa of Lightning for the time being, and the other guards are still reeling, washed away by Leah's waves. Not a problem for now. Sulov only needs to pull a grenade from his belt, reach back--

(--and see an open hatchway to the roof, a ladder coming down from it.)

Sulov hurls the grenade, parabolic, so that it will hit the catwalk at enough distance from one of the snipers to stun them, not to kill. 

"They're calling for backup," he says to his Commander. "Help me seal the warehouse."

-Void

Edited by Conway

[ BZPRPG ]

--IC: Aiduro and Co.--

The guardsmen of Ko-Koro were used to snowstorms, but even this one was giving them a hard time.  They huddled up together, back to back, to try and retain their bodily heat.  Through the thick snow and howling winds, they could just see Kaen and Rore.

It took all of Aiduro's willpower to not follow his instinct and rush blindly after them.  This one would require some strategy.  He sheathed Epilogue (which was very definitely heavier now) and summoned his elemental powers of Iron.  He focused on his targets- the two Toa's weapons and arms- raised his hands, and brought them together in a crushing gesture, with the intent to crumple the swords and armor of his and his companions' adversaries, thus causing the storm to lessen.

IC:

"Rummy it is."

"We'll each get seven cards." The De-Toa shuffled again, then started to deal cards in three neat piles roughly in front of each player. The movements were quick and precise, counted out silently until each pile had the stated seven. Then he set the deck down in the middle and drew the top card, placing it down face up next to the deck. "Every turn, you draw a card. Either you can draw it from the deck or pick it up off the discard pile. If you take it from the discard pile, though, you need to pick up every card laid down on top of it. Because at the end of every turn you have to discard a card."

"Your object is to get rid of every card in your hand. That's how a round ends. You do that by making melds, playing three to four of a kind or sequences. So three nines, or one through five in the same suit. Though sequences can be of any length. You can also play off of someone else's meld, like if you have the fourth nine or the sixth card in the same suit. When someone gets rid of all their cards, the round ends. Points are tallied based on what you've played. Ace is low, numbers are the value shown, faces are ten. The cards left in your hand count negatively towards your score."

Krayn picked up his own cards and fanned them out.

"Any questions?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Ko-Wahi blizzards had a wonderful way of throwing every last plan a person could've come up with out the door. Especially when it leads to you getting separated from the only two living heat sources you've ever managed to reach some semblance of an almost-friendship with, leaving you alone to wander off of Mount Ihu with nothing but your cloak and some rapidly diminishing supplies of food and drink. "Good going, Praggos," I muttered to myself, trudging through the snow. "Waited too long at Utu's grave. I'll catch up, go on without me, yadda yadda. Letting two Toa of Fire just walk off until you have no way of finding them. Smart move." Sometimes I astounded myself with my own lack of wisdom.

After I'd noticed that Agni and Merror were too far gone for me to be reasonably able to track them (thank you, wind, for destroying any footprints they might've left), I holed up in Ihu-Koro for a while, scavenging what little I could. The eremitic lifestyle wasn't one I enjoyed, however, so it didn't take too long before I started to trudge my way down the mountain and hopefully find something or someone that could give me some food, maybe some warmth, or at least direct me to the nearest non-hostile Koro. Not that anybody would likely recognize me in Ko-Koro anyways, but I didn't much feel like setting up shop around a bunch of Makuta worshippers.

Seems like a bad idea to you too, eh? I knew I wasn't going crazy.

I rapidly learned that there really wasn't anyplace else I could try to go to and survive, however. Thankfully, the scavenged bits and pieces of armour from around Utu's village to replace some of mine that were falling apart - mismatched and oftentimes ill-fitting as they were - alongside the tattered cloak and some other aspects would help to disguise me as some sort of mercenary or other such unsavory type. I was still somewhat apprehensive approaching the gate, of course - as one would be expected to be - although I managed to hide it fairly well beneath my usual layer of grumbliness. Shouting profanities up at the guardsman above, jokingly alluding to his general lack of intelligence and the salaciousness of his mother, tossing him some money, these all managed to help me bluff my way in, coupled with the ragged appearance. I suppose also naming myself "Saggro P., looking for Merecenary work, you bloody twit," also helped. Language censored for my journal, of course, can't leave a bad legacy.

That one interaction done, I managed to enter the Koro, walking along the streets, keeping my chiding thoughts to myself. Mostly. "Couldn't they at least clean the bloody streets once in a while? What about building repairs? Tsk." A few people looked at me oddly as I went along, but they didn't pay me much mind. I couldn't be the strangest person here by any means. Narrowly avoiding a barfight in one alley I managed to swipe a bottle of rum - only half gone - while its original owner was occupied getting punched in the mask; that said, I kept walking, trying to find something that looked like a semi-abandoned inn or what have you.

Eventually I managed to find one - a shame to see it, too, considering it had been one of my favourites when I still lived in the Koro - but somewhat annoyingly, I heard some voices from inside, they seemed to be discussing a card game. By this point I wasn't willing to trade more cold for guaranteed solitude, so, muttering curses under my breath, I opened the door, sword in hand and ready to defend myself. "Hope you all don't mind a stranger coming in out of the cold, but if you do I hope a bottle of rum and some coin can change your mind." I think I had wasted all my fake-mercenary-ness at the gate. Oh dear.

OOC: He's with Skyra, Krayn, and whoever else at the moment. Hi people, I'm back.

Edited by Lontra Canadensis
  • Upvote 3

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

In the distance I could hear the faint sounds of battle, carried by a deafening storm that obscured all. I found my armour getting pulled towards Kaen and found myself stuck to my ally. I'd say it was magnetism but I knew who the culprit was, standing right behind us would be that persistent guardsman.

Resisting the pull of his powers and directing the storm would be hard, but if the guardsman insisted on drawing our attention then we'd just have to focus what control we could manage on him. Working as we could, Kaen and I resisted the pulling force just enough not to get crushed, so that we could focus the rest of our will into an icy hurricane force gale we directed straight at our dogged pursuer.

Edited by The Invisible Handman