BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

Leah quickly looked from Sulov to the trembling ground beneath her feet, then sprung into action. Dropping to one knee she placed her palm against the cold floor, drawing upon the water somewhere below in the ground, commanding it to rise. It obeyed, flowing through cracks and hollows, cracking the permafrost as it got closer to the surface. There was more resistance than she was used to. In Le-Wahi, she could turn the soil into a muddy pool within the blink of an eye, but here in the mountains, the cold reigned, holding the earth in frozen a vice grip. But there was something else as well, a cavity created by something massive and moving...

Change of plans indeed.

She kept at it, using the newly formed hollows to her advantage. A few moments later, the waters had saturated the ground beneath to the point where Sulov would be able to go to work.

"Done." she said, getting up again. She could hear the sound of weapons firing and shouts coming from the hallway. "Ready when you are."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

• 3 weeks later...

"Hello," [Veneras] the Ko Toa called out, waving solemnly to the others beyond.

IC: Savana Sunrose

A man's sudden voice caught Savana's attention and she wheeled about to check where it came from. The entire time she'd been in Ko-Koro had been nothing less than a nightmare and she felt like her head was a bell klang klang klanging to no end with one alarm going off after another. Her adrenaline levels had not soared this high in years, and suddenly hearing someone from the Great Unknown of the Impermeable White Abyss that is the Raging Blizzard In Ko-Koro, GUIWARBK for short, greet someone—maybe her (she hoped it wasn't her)—was only the newest startle that made her heartlight skip a beat.

Savana stared back at the guy, who wasn't that far away and could be discerned even in the dense blanche, and hoped he'd just walk away but then he... waved in her specific direction. More confused than scared, she returned the gesture in turn, slowly and seemingly with great effort. "um, Ahoi?" she called back. 

• 4 weeks later...

OOC: This has been much delayed, and for that I apologize. Certain aspects of this needed to be discussed, and at this time of year that proved a challenge. Such things are best left behind closed doors, but publicly; this is the revised timeline of events. I apologize for those of you that are affected by any necessary retcons, but hopefully this keeps them to a minimum.

Sulov and Leah should be unaffected, it is only those up top that may need to make any adjustments.

IC:

"And so—"

He stepped.

"—transpired—"

Jab.

Eisen’s sword thrust forward, too far away to strike; yet an invisible force slammed into Stannis’ ribs, driving the air from his lungs before he could finish the sentence. He stepped back, forced to shift his weight to accommodate the force, but remained standing. It would bruise, but the Maru was largely unharmed.

“That’s enough.” Eisen said softly, sword returning to a ready position as he continued his advance. Less leisurely, but still measured; the pace of a man confident in his grasp of the situation. “I do not know what you hoped to accomplish, Maru, but it seems unwise to let you finish.”

The Fe-Toa gestured towards the floor with an inclination of his head, addressing his comrades with a note of authority.

“Lantz, the floor is above the tunnel. Open it up. Karnak, Fyura, take matters up with Stannis’ colleagues.” He tapped the warehouse’s floor once with the toe of his boot to emphasize the point, green eyes fixed upon his adversary. The Maru’s initial plan may have been foiled, but that was no reason to take him lightly. “Unless you would prefer to roast them with such lava, Wanderer? Uncharacteristically dark, though I suppose it would remove the hostages from our grasp. Oreius threatened the same.”

“You’re a devout man, Stannis. And confident, to come here with only two of your teammates in tow.” He shrugged slightly, a faint raise of his shoulders, before he took another step. “Shall we find out if your faith is rewarded? Mine has been.”

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Arankhe

Arankhe nodded, her eyes concealed under her helmet drifting to the floor as she thought.
"A distraction, most certainly. Especially if we could get it working closer to where our enemies lie. But I'd say we'd want a quick way out when we, ahem, fire it, for lack of a better term."

"And a way to keep us safe from the noise, too. I'd like my hearing to remain intact. If there's anything the rest of us should do, I'm all ears."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

Krayn blew a breath out through his teeth, considering his answer carefully. There were a few factors. Obviously the forks themselves, there wasn't time to tune them too precisely. How much of the sound he could capture. And of course how much energy he already had on hand. He hadn't used much recently, and small though it was absorbing the waves of that blasted alarm had been a constant trickle of energy. The simple answer was a lot; what he did with it was another question, but it could give him a lot to work with.

"Quite a bit," The De-Toa answered after a moment, tapping the grip of his revolver thoughtfully. He was going to have such a migraine after this. "If I do it right, Arankhe, your ears should be fine. A minimum of sound should escape. My ears, well, that's a little bit different. But I can handle it."

"We can make a pretty sizable distraction, see if we can help out whoever's backed against a wall in there."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

Lantz grunted his understanding of Eisen's order and activated his mask. 

A spot in the floor began to slowly crumble away. The Legacy's path to the tunnel would soon be opening up...

"Let's just kill the Maru already!" he told the others, while still keeping his focus on the deepening hole.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Skyra

As the others were discussing the plan to distract the enemy, I narrowed my eyes towards the warehouse again and tried to make out the figure standing inside. It was...brown? I couldn't really tell who it was because of the distance but something inside me told me that I knew this person from somewhere. 

I had a pretty good idea who it might be too, but I needed to get a closer look to be sure. 

"I think I know who is in that warehouse...but I need to get a bit closer to be sure." I prepared to leap from the roof I was on to yet another roof that seemed close enough for me to reach but then I paused. "I'll make sure I'm not spotted." 

With that I leaped off the roof, using a small bit of my elemental power to boost myself far enough to land on the roof of another building, I didn't stay on that roof long though as I sprinted across and leaped yet again to another. 

Edited by Monika

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

"What do you see?" Krayn called out, though not too loudly. It wouldn't do to let others know that they were there. He was still regarding the tuning fork carefully, brow furrowed in thoughts. their course of action would depend, in part, on who they were trying to back up. "What do you know about this part of the city, Praggos? What is over there?"

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Krayn, I haven't lived much in this city since Utu came by and drug me into the whole Mark Bearer business. If I had to guess, it's just a part of the Koro where we'd store suplus goods. Food, scrolls, ice, snow, that sort of thing." I was trying not to be too sarcastic (a first, I know), but I was a bit disappointed that they weren't going to try and destroy the buildings with sound. Neverminding that a blunt force approach to it would probably also destroy everybody else in the nearby vicinity if Krayn was even capable of it alone, it was still disappointing that it wouldn't happen at all. "I would not be surprised if the area has been repurposed by these Makuta-worshipping degenerates for something that no civilized person would agree to, but I wouldn't honestly know." I watched for a moment as Skyra disappeared from view over another rooftop, growing more worried with what was happening by the moment.

Focus on what you can deal with, Praggos. I turned to Krayn, my attention drawing back to one of the other things he had said a moment ago. "If your eardrums should rupture, make sure to let me know," I told him. "I can heal those without much effort before we move on, and trust me, you don't want that wound to get infected. You might never hear anything - " I stopped for a moment, pursing my lips; he was a Toa of Sonics, after all - "normally again." Still wouldn't be good, Toa of Sonics or no. And - try as I might - I have yet to figure out how to actually fix permanent deafness. Or deadness, which I was moderately worried was what we were all moving towards. "Do you have an ETA on when we get the finalized plan, or is this going to be more of that 'winging it' that I'm told is so well loved by all of you younger Toa?"

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I leaped across yet another building, but this time I landed a lot more carefully, being as quiet as I could. I was close enough that I was afraid to speak too loudly, I didn't want to draw the attention of those outside the warehouse. I resorted to get down on my hands and knees and crawling over to the edge of the roof to take a look. 

I saw just about what I'd expected, but I felt my heart leap a bit all the same. Yep, it was Stannis Maru, standing in the warehouse in all his rocky glory. I always recognized a preacher when I saw one. 

This could only mean one thing, ###### was going down today. "It's Stannis Maru..." I said this as quietly as I could, but hopefully loud enough for Krayn to pick up with his super hearing. 

I watched the scene intently, I didn't want to give myself away just yet...but if it looked like the Maru was in trouble...there was no telling what I'd decide to do. 

Edited by Monika

A gloved hand was lifted to the chin of Arankhe's helmeted head.
"Hmmmm...with a sonic force of the magnitude I'm imagining you're planning on...are there any nearby natural high rises?" she thought aloud. "Sufficiently loud sounds can trigger avalanches, and a well placed one might be able to wash away our problems, so to speak, the attack on their ears only helping to allow its approach some. And if it needs a little extra motivation..." she added, hefting her shield. "A force pulse from where we want it could do."

A pause.
"Of course this speculation is all useless if there isn't. Triggering a mass avalanche nearby headed in their direction might scare them, though."

• Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

Fyura gritted her teeth, then grinned. Taking on the Maru was not an easy order, but she hadn't had a chance to stretch her abilities properly for some time. Vayde egged her on, but she mentally held him back while she ran for the hole in the floor. Not yet. She probably would have to use her transformation to take on the Maru, but she didn't need to tip her hand so early. The hole wasn't big enough yet, and she wanted to be downstairs fast. Choking down on her battleaxe's handle, she swung at the widening hole as if she was chopping wood, smashing the hole wider and embedding her protosteel axe into the floor. The skakdi released her grip and jumped into the gap, grabbing the axe on the way down, further tearing at the floor.

Dropping into a crouch as she landed, Fyura scanned her surroundings while aiming with her disc launcher. She chuckled a bit; whether it was nerves or some sort of joke, neither she nor Vayde were clear on.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Stannis Maru.

Well, that changed things. If Stannis was there, it stood to reason that at least a few of the other Maru were with him. And if the Legacy was laying siege.... There was something in that building that they didn't want to let the Maru have. If they just wanted the Maru dead they would have brought the roof down on them. Praggos mentioned that this area was most likely for storage, which meant...

Krayn's eyes narrowed. It clicked at once. Likely as not the Maru had found the hostages. Which made it even more critical that they manage to take some of the heat off their backs, but without compromising the integrity of their own defenses. Guerilla warfare, essentially. The sort of thing that was definitely going to blow their cover, even if Skyra didn't do something rash. Like it sounded like she was considering. The officer did tend to go with her gut more often than her head, but in this case she wasn't all wrong. They couldn't stand idle. But it seemed as though they were going to need that escape plan soon.

"Kale." He began seriously, locking eyes with the Toa of Iron. "Remember the extraction plan. If it comes down to it, you, Skyra, and Four get out of here on Destiny. Arankhe, too, if you can manage. I'll find a way out. For Praggos, too." 

He didn't spell out the implications this time, either. They'd all agreed to the plan. Praggos was a new wrinkle, but he could read between the lines. If things went south, priorities had to be straight. And if it came down to it, it'd be up to Kale to make sure Skyra didn't do something stupid. The Fe-Toa could manage that. Still, that left the immediate situation to deal with.

"No avalanches. We could make one, I'm sure, but we can't risk harming the friendlies in that building. What I'm thinking is more.... Percussive." He drummed a finger against the butt of his revolver, nodding slightly. "They don't know we're here. We hit them, draw as much of their fire as we can, and keep them busy. We have to trust that the Maru inside can seize that opportunity. And I trust my hearing to you, Praggos. Kale, get that little trick ready. Arankhe, whatever you need to do to be ready, now's the time. And Praggos..."

The dry smile he gave the Ko-Toa was almost innocent.

"Don't we always have a plan?"

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: What luck I have one of the battle themes from LoMN playing as I type this, eh?

The Lesterin nodded, moving to grab a few more pieces of gear. A halberd, and something a little more expendable. Namely, something she could throw. With that, beginning the charging sequence on her shield's force projector. Turning back, she shrugged her shoulders a little.

"I've no magical tricks beyond my shield, so I suppose I'm set. Unless anyone has any particular preparations they need to make, I suggest we make haste. I'm ready when we all are."

• Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Kale Ironshaper-Ko-koro-Outside the Warehouse

IC: As everyone had been talking and moving, Kale had been busy converting every piece of metal he could see or sense in a fifty foot radius into the dual pronged shapes of tuning forks. Even some of the protosteel knives that adorned him shifted shape, although those stayed where they were. The rest went to join the large tube-like shape that was taking form before him. Ten, twenty, fourth, eighty. By the time Krayn called his name there were well over a hundred of the small objects forming the 'structure.'

It wavered slightly as the Fe-Toa's attention momentarily turned away. His gaze locking with that of the grey ex-Guardsman and he nodded in understanding. There was no going back after this. They'd either get extremely lucky or have to escape the ruined town. In fact just escaping a koro filled with criminals out for their blood would require a fair amount of luck.

A large exhale burst from his mouth as he centered himself, turning back to the elemental construct he'd made. His eyes unfocusing slightly as he concentrated more on his supernatural senses. For a second nothing happened, then the entire thing rotated until it faced the warehouse down the street and mob around it. One of the tines in the ring closest to the small group of heroes rang out. Then another, and another. It moved down the tube like a ripple of sound and by the time they were all ringing it was loud enough to be painful even for people with normal hearing.

Kale took one more steadying breath and spoke a word above the clear ring other forks.

"GO!"

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

When you hear a loud noise, a truly loud noise, you feel it as much as hear it.

It reverberates throughout your being, resonating in your chest and your head. It travels through every fiber of your being, using the matter that composes your existence to propagate. Your own voice does the same, explaining why it sounds different to you than everyone else. But truly loud, consistent sound amplifies the effect, it’s that same reverberation that gives you a headache when you’re too close to the source. Now imagine that so much as a friend talking is loud enough to be painful, if you don’t take steps to dampen the sound. That a clap of thunder is agonizing if you’re unprepared.

Krayn was prepared for the sound, he had to be in order to be ready to absorb it. But he still underestimated the wall of noise, and for a single moment it was excruciating. Like the waves were shaking him apart at his very core. Deconstructing him at a microscopic level, ripping any thought to shreds, and preventing them from reforming. The former Guardsman dropped to a knee, one hand clutching his ear the other bracing against the frozen ground. The cold cut through haze, just a little, a tether to the reality of the situation. It was probably just a second, a few breaths where he couldn’t think, but it stretched out into an eternity. An eternity of agony before he could assert his intentions once more. As quickly as the sound began, it simply… Tapered off.

Not in a natural way, there was no gradual decline in the amplitude. It simply stopped. The street, so loud at first, simply went quiet. The only clear sound was his ragged breathing, trying to catch a breath while the sound’s energy flooded into his body. It was a paradoxical state, coming down from excruciating pain and rocketing up into an unstoppable rush without any cessation or disconnect between the two. It was disorienting. It was confusing. … And he wasn’t sure he could hear, his ears were ringing. Was the street actually silent, or was he just unable to hear it? Or was he dampening the sound still…?

A deep breath, ice clenched in his fist.

“Praggos.” He managed, in a hoarse whisper just a hair too loud to really be intentional. The De-Toa was pale, a little dazed, but his eyes had regained their focus. He could feel the surplus of energy he had to work with. He just had to regain complete control of his body. He pushed off from the ground, unsteadily, and braced against the building next to him while he tried to regain his footing. “Ears. Please.”

Deep breaths.

That was step one. A little rough, but he had everything he needed for step two.

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

I may have been known for my swordplay, but there was no doubt that I was very in tune with my element. I knew what the others were planning, so when I sensed intense vibrations in the air I knew that Krayn had succeeded. The others would be arriving soon, I just had to sit still and wait. 

To heck with that. I wasn't known for my patience, this I'll admit. But this situation really didn't call for patience, it called for quick thinking and hasty actions! I started counting the seconds as I began to slowly absorb the air around me. I was going to need it very soon. I'd come up with a little plan of my own, it was a little crazy but I was confident it would work out. Yep. 

I wish Tillian was here. I'd danced with death and danger enough times with Tillian around that it felt almost hallow without him around, when it came to stupid heroics and recklessness he could certainly match me. I think that's one of the reasons why we always got along so well...before things got a bit awkward with my um...bodyswap.

I briefly thought about visiting him and Liara before refocusing on the task at hand. I had nearly enough of my element to unleash my plan, but I needed to wait for the right moment. If I sprung my trap too soon I'd probably be in some real ######. 

I made a square with my fingers as I pinpointed the right location. Yeah, right there would get most of the enemy without affecting our allies in the warehouse. I waited a few minutes, I had to give Krayn and the others time to get here... 

"Krayn...if you can hear this...I hope you're ready to unleash that power of yours...I'll have them grouped up for you." I muttered quietly as I stood up, aiming my fingers at the location I had chosen. I could feel my heart beating, I'd danced with death before, heck I'd technically even died once, but that never took the anxiety away, not completely. Actually it kind of made it worse.

I unleashed the fury of the wind upon the enemies below me, a vortex of substantial power formed in the midst of them, it began to pull at them with great force, sucking them towards it's center, pulling them closer and closer together. All nice and close for Krayn and the others to unleash all karz upon them. 

Well hopefully I'd timed this right, otherwise I was ######. 

Edited by Monika

Kale Ironshaper-Ko-Koro-Outside the Warehouse

IC: Hmmmm, even though the rise in volume hadn't been instantaneous it seemed like it still had been a bit much for Krayn. A limitation to keep in mind for the next step. Wouldn't want the other Toa to pass out right before they got chased by a bloodthirsty mob now would they?

Closing his eyes Kale focused once more on the mass of floating metal ahead of him. As before, tines closest to them were struck by an invisible force, the auditory ripple passing along the length of the tube. It was different this time though. Only about two thirds of the forks rang out this time and when the Sentinel reached the far end of the construct he restarted the process.

The end result was a slower buildup and lower overall volume. However whereas the last round had been a single burst of sonic power, Krayn was now provided with a continuous stream of sound he could absorb or manipulate.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I stepped forward, cupping my hands around Krayn's ears. "I wish I could say this wouldn't hurt," I started off, visualizing the process of the repair in my mind, "But I would be lying, and you've been on the working end of one of these masks before, so I'm sure you'll know it'll probably itch and sting." My mask started to glow, energies pulsing from it, through my hands, and into Krayn's auditory canals, probing for the ruptured and torn eardrums that they knew would be awaiting. In a few moments, the work was done - regrowing and connecting the tissue, having it stretch across the auditory canal just right, avoiding any improper  connections of the soft tissue that would permanently impair Krayn's hearing - and I lifted my hands, my mask going dimming back to normal.

One hand rather quickly dropped to his upper arm, holding him up. I'd rather not have him fall flat on the ground (who knew what sharp and annoying implements and trash were waiting to cut up the unwary clutz who fell into the piles of snow and ice) and necessitate I do any more work on him. "Krayn, I think I already established that I don't consider 'winging it' to constitute a proper plan." My own ears were ringing slightly from the noise, and I hadn't even been in the direct brunt of it - of course, I'd had my fair share of hearing damage from Dorian's antics and others during my time with the Mark Bearers, so they almost always rang, anyways. "Though I'm glad to know it at least sounds like you have a plan for escape. Somewhat." I set my free hand on the hilt of my sword, ready to quickly draw it if needed. And then I heard Skyra say something else. Oh dear. "Well, Krayn, try not to die. I can't fix that yet."

• Upvote 2

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

• 1 month later...

IC Yasurek- Infernavika- Somewhere in the Ko-wahi sea:

Being a lookout is generally a rather thankless job. You main role is to stay in one place, gazing out into the world, looking for anything unusual or interesting. One of the main things you end up looking for are threats to you and your compatriots. You must always keep your eyes open and your mind sharp so you, the first line of defense, the early warning system, can keep everyone alive. It requires patience and mental fortitude that few possess in large supply. Ko-matoran pride themselves on their willpower, their ability to block out the need for such things as talking to others, their ability to stay on the task at hand for long periods of time.

Yasurek was really bored.

Slight sway left, slight sway right, slight sway left.

At the top of the crow's nest, Yasurek was observing the world. It was full of water and occasional ice. He wasn't sure how long he had been up here. Lohkar had mentioned arriving at their destination in roughly an hour or so, but Yasurek was pretty sure it had been longer than that. After the first long while, Yasurek had realized he needed something to do to remind himself that he was still alive while not distracting himself too much. To that end he had started strengthening his willpower by using an old Ko-koro exercise, balancing on top of a moving pole. Currently he was standing on the edge of the nest, arms splayed slightly to help his balance, keeping himself balanced despite the rocking ship. It wasn't an exactly replica of the exercise, but it was still something.

Medium wave approaching port side. Based on the angle, the next motion of the ship should be...

...Moderate sway to the right.

Lookouts have an interesting job in that it's usually best for the group if nothing ever actually happens, leaving the lookout with nothing to do. He knew this was the case, but there were limits. Something had to be done. Some in his position on top of the ship with their arms splayed may have been tempted to proclaim that they were "king of the world" in order to pass the time, but Yasurek wasn't like that. The urge had left him after the first hour.

He lowered himself back onto the nest's main platform, a thin layer of snow falling off his arms, small ice crystals slipping off his cloak onto the wood platform. He vaulted over the railing, sliding down the snow-covered ropes down to the deck below. Controlling his descent speed he landed on the deck with little noise or impact. He moved to check the sails, performing minute adjustments that technically made them catch the wind more, but probably didn't really matter. This was all to give him reason to approach the ship's wheel, or more specifically the Lesterin that was currently steering it. Soon enough, he was next to his captain, who was making minute adjustments of his own to the wheel.

There were many things he wanted to talk to Lohkar about, mainly whether there was a plan to get into Ko-koro once they had reached the port they were heading to, what kind of resistance they expected at the port, how exactly a small ship of pirates, mercenaries, and a couple full time heroic people were going to take out a fortified evil army, and how long they had actually been sailing. But there was one question that he needed to ask, one answer he needed to have, though asking it would cause him nothing but pain. It was time though. There was no putting it off any longer.

"Captain Lohkar Sir," he began, "Are we there yet?"

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Stannis Maru

The Wanderer regained his footing quickly, though straightened more cautiously and pawed at his chest with his free hand searching for signs of a wound. Once he found there were no real injuries to his body, he returned to upright posture, no worse for wear. The attack did, however, do something internally—there was the faintest flicker of self-doubt in Stannis' heart. Never before has his soliloquy been interrupted. Eisen, far more pragmatic a villain, wasn't keen to let him use the same stalling tactic as he had worked to effect in the battle against The Makuta. With the prayer broken, so did a modicum of his surety, and the Makuta-worshippers were rapidly turning the setting to their favor. 

But the stone was unwavering, if slightly yielding, and Stannis' unflagging determination got the better of his doubts before they could take real root in his mind. His grey eyes brightened slightly as he centered himself, and as he banished the worries he regained focus on the present. Challenging Eisen to single combat was madness, and while stubborn Stannis was not as singleminded as his brother Oreius had been. His response would be careful and cater to his own strengths, if not necessarily to his enemies weaknesses. 

"And what does a man like you know of faith, Eisen?" he asked, sounding almost genuinely curious with an affect more akin to a tinkerer wondering how a gadget functioned. "What do any of you?"

He stamped a foot down and assumed a defensive stance, holding his halberd, tip up, with one hand while his off hand lingered dangerously to his side. 

"Worshippers of fortune and infamy, there is no conviction for those petty idols. Faith is an ordeal which demands sacrifice in exchange. What would you give willingly in the name of your deities, I wonder?"

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: Vilda Mako (Ihu-Koro)

I gotta be honest, there ain't all that much it really takes to make me sour on something new and unfamiliar. I just get that gut feeling, whether I like it or not, and although living with it for this long has dulled its edge a bit, it's still one of the sharpest instincts I have going for me, right beside borrowing Kama’s for a little bit here and there, which is always a net improvement, as with all things that involve my Best Girl.

Getting hurried along to “Ihu-Koro” while my own clan’s Heiress Apparent went gallavanting around with a cocky local was a pretty good candidate right there for a sour gripe that left a bad taste in my mouth, for this part of the island, at least.

So I didn't offer it much thought, and stuck to the stuff that I hadn't soured on. Ihu-Koro was a mining settlement, I’d discovered, and now also filled with people who’d fled Ko-Koro and its disreputable citizenry, and were quite forthcoming with their accounts of the carnage. Some of them offered me apologies for the poor impression their fellow locals had given me. I gotta say, perhaps Honor isn’t completely foreign here after all.

Yes, I know I make a big schpiel about how much of a Rebel I am sometimes, but I’m also a stubborn old fool who’s well acquianted with the sort of nonsense that “ideological purity” tends to lead to. Not a fan.

“Don’t apologize to me,” I said to a local who I’d struck up a conversation with. A Ringti? They did metalwork they said, so that’s what it sounded like, but it’s hard to tell around here.

“You oughta be teaching them a lesson instead, seems like a far better use of your time, I’d say” I offered with a gruff smile.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

Conflicted. Yeah, that was a good word to describe it. The way Aelied had informed the traveling group that they would continue without Skorm or Soraph, and that they had been dispatched to Ko-Koro, the way he had shut down any of his or Zueya's questions. The Dasaka had raised a few questions, but had mostly remained as straight-faced as ever.

It was a lot to process. Soraph was gone. There were certainly complicated feelings about that which he wasn't going to touch right now. He believed Aelied about Skorm being the best to go, but it still rubbed him the wrong way. Not long ago, they thought he was a criminal, and now he was off with-

Okay, let's stop thinking about that. It was just making him angrier; right now he had half a mind to split off and trudge towards Ko-Koro and drag them both back himself. Never mind that they were practically at Ihu-Koro's doorstep, and he was exhausted. He started to see inhabitants of the village through the storm. Where were the others that had left with Kalyss? He hadn't seen them in forever. Maybe they would offer some fresh takes on the situation.

Casanuva was too distracted by his thoughts to react quickly enough to the orange blur that blasted through his vision to behind him. As he was turning, his legs were swept out from under him by a sturdy kick, and he planted his mask into the snow.

Casanuva heard Kalyss's muffled voice. "Wow, I did not expect that to connect. Usually you're better at seeing me coming." Without turning over, Casanuva reached out, pulling her leg out from under her with magnetism, dropping her into the snowbank alongside him. After a yelp of surprise, she started laughing.

"Kalyss. It's good to see you again." Aelied stood straight against the storm, smiling warmly.

The Su-Toa scrambled to her feet, quickly the snow from her armor as she stiffened to attention. "Master Aelied, sir!"

"Thank you for awaiting our arrival in Ihu-Koro."

Kalyss took a moment to look over the group. Casanuva's troubled demeanor as he pulled himself up was noted. "I actually was only expecting Vakua and Casanuva, sir. You and Zueya are a surprise, as are the Dasaka." She thought they looked familiar, but couldn't place their names.

"Indeed. All of the Kalta's paths finally seem to be intersecting."

Kalyss almost dropped Casanuva back into the snow from where she was helping him up. "All of us? What about Skorm?"

Aelied nodded. "Much has happened. But before our guests freeze solid in the cold, let's get into the village. I will also make sure the refugees Zueya and I escorted here are doing well. Vakua, please give Kalyss a sitrep."

• 1 month later...

OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9Uh6oeMlA

IC:

The Massif. A serene hamlet nestled between Ko and Le-wahi, on pastoral terrain between the verdant southern jungle and the barren slopes of mount Ihu looming from the north. A monolithic half-dome temple overlooked the village from a stone outcrop. This monastery had been a safe haven for many a hero. Heroes who would forge the fate of many, and those who would become legend - in more ways than one. In the village below, however, was a certain matoran who did not count himself among such champions.

Nichou had been in the Massif for a long time. Had it been months? Possibly a year? It felt like an eternity. When the Onu-Koronan craftsman was traveling to the Massif so long ago, Matoro still sat on his throne in the halls of Ko-Koro’s Sanctum. It was only shortly after he arrived that Nichou learned of Matoro’s assassination.

Nichou knew the Massif was Stannis’s true home. It was from the Massif that Stannis began his journey across the island, a journey that shaped Nichou’s destiny. Nichou traveled alongside Stannis and his other companions – Dece, Atiel, Aurax, Lepridan, Lekua – wandering with the pious matoran of plasma before Nuju made Stannis’s frequent activity his title.

Stannis’s experience at the massif gave purpose to the former Ta-Koronan Guardsman. The kind of purpose that could bring a man to assemble a group of companions, a motley crew of idealistic matoran, to scour for the darkest secrets on the island of Mata Nui, in an era when the shadows of mangaia were left uncontested and free to terrorize the land. That sort of purpose, that drive, was what Nichou had lacked for some time. Without that clear objective, even Nichou briefly adventuring with Lekua was not meant to last.

Nichou hadn’t met with his former leader since that freezing day on the Ko-Wahi tundra when the companions were disbanded. It was a sad day for many, with a mysterious visitor bringing the depressing news that the destinies of the companions were not all tied to Stannis’s quest. Sacrificing the companion’s unity for the destinies of a chosen few. Aurax and Lepridan left with Stannis on his journey to fulfill the prophecy, but never made it all the way, judging by their absence from the Toa Maru.

Nichou never found out what happened those brothers in arms. He traveled to Po-Koro, hoping to learn about what happened from the granite guardian himself, but did not manage to arrange a meeting. Instead that was where Nichou befriended Kyhra, an eccentric kohlii player (At least, that’s the only persona Nichou knew the spy Ishi Polzin by). Nichou only got a single letter from Kyhra’s visit to Ko-Koro before Nightfall conquered the city. Getting no mail from the po-matoran since, Nichou feared the worst.

Some refugees that escaped the conquering of Ko-Koro made their way to the Massif, and Nichou put his carpentry skills to good work building extra shelter for the newcomers. In such a dark time, when the Legacy of Makuta was at it’s height, with a “Piraka” gang terrorizing Ta-Koro, the peaceful allure of the Massif was never stronger.

Perhaps that’s why Nichou stayed at his new home for so long.

From a rocky outcrop on icier slopes far to the northwest, half a kaukau watched the mountainside above Three Brothers Throat. Without closer inspection, the dark grey mask was just another rock with sides too steep to get blanketed by the light snowfall. If someone was close enough to recognize the kanohi’s outline, they would be confused why a mask was apparently half-buried in the snowy side of a rock face. But behind the visor, Kreigero’s eyes were trained on a figure in the distance.

A lone Hapaka sat near a stream of water that became a waterfall into the delta below. Though it seemed as if it was merely there to take a drink from the brook, Kreigero’s furry assistant knew it was waiting for the hunt to begin. It was near sunset, and soon, muaka would begin their prowl. Kreigero had spent the last few days stealthily narrowing down a nearby cave as the home of one such creature.

As if on cue, Kreigero detected the predator a few dozen bio away, stalking above the crest of a hill to catch sight of its prey. Wild hapaka were deadly in packs, so to catch one alone and off guard delighted the feline hunter. It did not know of the ko-matoran watching it from the side, waiting to spring her trap. Kreigero’s grip tightened on her spear and shield, her defenses waiting beneath a layer of snow, as the muaka stepped closer to her, the black creature attempting to use the dark nearby rocks to mask its approach from the hapaka. The muaka knew it’s territory well, and was using that to its advantage.

Kreigero was familiar with this tactic. In fact, she was using a derivative of it right now. But instead of using the rocks to hide her approach, she let her prey do all the movement as it fell for the bait of her pet Hapaka. Reyal knew his owner was waiting and watching to protect him, but the hapaka did not let that be an excuse for not being mindful of his surroundings. The hapaka quickly noticed the muaka attempting to sneak up for the easy kill.

Both rahi eyed each other up. The muaka dropped its stealthy silence, letting out a deep growl. Reyal barked back, slowly sidestepping away from the direction of the nearby cliff’s edge. The muaka responded by encircling from the other direction, while slowly closing the distance on its prey. But as the predator strafed to the side to cut off the Hapaka’s escape, it unwittingly drew itself within striking distance of the motionless ko-matoran splayed flush against the rockside, weapons drawn beneath a natural camouflage of snow.

With all the strength she could muster, Kreigero drove her spear into the unarmored underbelly of the rahi. As the muaka whirled in panic to discover its new aggressor, Reyal broke into a sprint towards the beast, jumping in an attempt to sink its teeth into the muaka’s neck.

Kreigero let go of the spear and drew her ice pick in an instant, backing away from the muaka’s reach in the process. Her shield, while not enough to fully protect from the blunt force of a muaka’s blow, would be a barrier large enough to prevent her head getting an insider tour of rahi dental hygiene.

A backhand swipe from one the muaka’s claws sent Reyal tumbling through the snow, out of breath. While Reyal started to recover from his failed assault, the muaka turned and grabbed the spear within its jaws, snapping the protosteel tool in half like a toothpick. A flick of the head threw the broken half of the protosteel spear off the cliff and into the water below. Though the spearhead remained embedded in its stomach, the rest of the polearm wouldn’t hit anything and tear the wound any larger.

Flanked on opposite sides by Kreigero and her hapaka, the muaka knew it couldn’t attack one without exposing itself to the other. Muaka may be rahi, but they are apex predators one should never underestimate. Giving an intense roar, the wounded muaka eyed its hunters, preparing for the right moment to strike.

OOC: Infernavika & Crew – You might notice the debris and noise from the tumble going on the cliffside above.  Hope you don't mind me dropping a character nearby unannounced while you're waiting for things to get rolling.

IC:

Inside the walls of Ko-Koro, while the sirens drew heroes, sellswords, and cultists alike towards battle, a matoran of iron went the opposite direction. Quoribay figured that while all the guards and leaders were focused on the hubbub going on in the lower districts, there would be a lot less security in elsewhere. Hopefully, in the commotion, he could come out of this a bit richer while the guards were focused on someone else’s crime. For a thief, sometimes looting during chaos could be easier than sneaking in and stealing the in the dark of night. That’s exactly the kind of theft Quoribay missed out on when Nightfall conquered the city. But now that all the riches of the city has been looted and stored, he could hit one place and get his chunk of the treasures. At least, that’s if his assumption of where Nightfall stored it was correct. Eh, it was worth a shot.

Quoribay calmly approached the entrance to the sanctum.

OOC: Quoribay, open for interaction in the Ko-Koro streets

• Upvote 3

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

“Anything,” The Fe-Toa answered easily, drawing his sword back into a ready stance. Not that he halted his advance; it was important to keep the engagement at his chosen range. His opponent was Stannis Maru. Eisen was confident, but he was also stepping onto the field having already fought one of Stannis’ brothers. A victory, to be sure, but not one without effort. Overconfidence would be his undoing if he let it. Stannis’ intent was to buy time, but now that was Eisen’s own game as well. They both believed that their comrades would be able to take the day, as long as they just had enough time. As long as each kept the other from intervening.

Amusing, that a stalemate was an outcome both sought if they couldn’t have outright victory.

“I do not seek fame nor fortune,” He continued as he reached out with his element. This was the site of a battle, minutes previous. A weapon abandoned was as good as his. It didn’t take more than a few moments to find them, an eclectic collection of arms dropped by the building’s previous defenders. “Or do you mistake me for the Necromancer?”

With a thought, the assorted weapons rocketed towards the Toa of Stone from their respective angles, seeking to skewer him upon their points. Eisen himself quickened his advance, shield still interposed between them. A few steps put Stannis back inside the range of his Kanohi, but Eisen did not reach for its power; not yet. The less he used it, the less Stannis could do to surmise its workings.

IC:

“Oh, Praggos,” Krayn muttered, while the Ko-Toa was still close enough to hear. The medic was as good as his word, and his hearing had already returned despite the itching inside his ear. The smile tugging at his mouth seemed amused, if tired. “You wouldn’t be so glad if you knew what it meant for you and me.”

The elemental energy he absorbed itched underneath his skin, as though every nerve ending fired just to try and burn off some of the excess. The feeling would’ve been enough to drive him crazy if he tried to contain it, but thankfully he had a perfect outlet. Kale was already prepping the second wave. This time, he funneled much of what he had absorbed back into the gathering energy. His ears didn’t thank him for the sound, but this was easier to contain; he was focusing it, after all. He didn’t dare fire into the building, not with friendlies inside. But outside it? That was easy.

After a few moments of concentration, he let loose a concentrated wave of sound at the Followers gathered outside the building. The concussive force would be unpleasant, for sure, but the real suffering would be to their ears. The amplitude alone would be enough to deafen them, not to mention the pain. De-Toa they might not be, but they were about to feel what Krayn had themselves.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

The air in Ko-Koro was electric with tension. Cyrix could tell things were going down in the warehouse, besides the sirens; he could only pray the two Kalta would be beneath attention. Cyrix looked back at Skorm, carrying the unconscious Dasaka. He had wrapped her in his cloak, so that she almost looked peaceful as she was swaddled. The Le-Toa watched his breath crystallize in front of him and fade. Adjusting to this altitude was effortless to him, but to Skorm, it might be a problem. Casting a glance over his shoulder, he saw his Ba-Toa teammate noticeably struggling to draw breath. Cyrix frowned. Skorm could lifted more than the girl when warming up, why was he gasping for air? Then it hit him; he was using more air. With Skorm's size, he was surprised he didn't come upon it sooner.

Cyrix lingered to let Skorm catch up. "Hey, you're not looking so good. I think I should carry her."

Skorm didn't reply, but he did stop to take a few breaths, then nodded. He gently lowered Soraph's body into Cyrix's arms, then leaned against a nearby wall to gasp.

"... Thanks... This air is starting to get to me. Should've waited longer to acclimate."

"Probably. So, I forgot to ask, who is this? Why were you with her to begin with?"

"I think she's Casanuva's girlfriend. She wanted to come here, I was escort."

Cyrix rolled his eyes, both at holding one of Casanuva's paramours, and the fact that their team leader was so obtuse and cryptic. "Great. Figures I'm stuck carrying-"

Then it hit the pair. A veritable wall of sound, shaking the ground. It drilled through Cyrix's ears; he almost dropped Soraph in the reflexive tensing. But Cyrix had fended off De-Toa before; Vakua might not remember their sparring, but Cyrix did. He breathed in, compressing the air in a bubble around the two Kalta and creating a vacuum. Wincing from the blast, Cyrix looked at Skorm, who was covering both his ears still. Around them, the members of the Legacy they were amidst were dropping to their knees or doubling over; they could still hear, still feel, the sonic blast reverborating through the stone beneath them.

"ARE WE UNDER ATTACK?" Skorm shouted. Cyrix could barely hear him over the painful ringing in his own ears.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Cyrix shouted. "THESE GUYS OUTSIDE THE WAREHOUSE ARE, I THINK WE WERE CAUGHT IN IT"

"CAN WE GET OUT OF HERE?"

Cyrix heaved Soraph up over his shoulders. "I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG I CAN KEEP THE VACUUM BUBBLE UP!"

IC:

Vakua nodded wordlessly at Master Aelied before recounting the spate of recent events back to Kalyss.

With the help of his telepathic powers, the storytelling passed far more quickly than if any of the Kalta has used their mouths and actual words. 

With all the terrible news coming out of Ko-Koro, we decided to come here and help out however we could. The Dasakan princess Vilda Soraph offered her assistance, and along with her came her friends Dakte and Mako. Last night,  Master Aelied sent Soraph and Skorm on a scouting mission. They have yet to return.

Then, a whisper floated by on the wind. The voice was familiar and sounded...scared? Vakua looked around the group, but it didn't seem as though anyone else had heard anything. 

Privately, he spoke to Aelied. 

I... I think I Soraph just sent us a message. I think she's in trouble.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9Uh6oeMlA

IC:

The Massif. A serene hamlet nestled between Ko and Le-wahi, on pastoral terrain between the verdant southern jungle and the barren slopes of mount Ihu looming from the north. A monolithic half-dome temple overlooked the village from a stone outcrop. This monastery had been a safe haven for many a hero. Heroes who would forge the fate of many, and those who would become legend - in more ways than one. In the village below, however, was a certain matoran who did not count himself among such champions.

Some refugees that escaped the conquering of Ko-Koro made their way to the Massif, and Nichou put his carpentry skills to good work building extra shelter for the newcomers. In such a dark time, when the Legacy of Makuta was at it’s height, with a “Piraka” gang terrorizing Ta-Koro, the peaceful allure of the Massif was never stronger.

Perhaps that’s why Nichou stayed at his new home for so long.

"Nichou," a voice came, cutting through his solitude without upsetting him, "hurry, or you'll be late for your prayer vigil." 

The speaker was a mild mannered matoran with a Kaukau wearing an oversized faded blue hopsack cloak that almost touched the ground, and his clasped hands were buried in the flowing sleeves. He was the camerlengo of the keep, one of a handful of villagers who helped keep The Massif organized, and while the Toa-Protector was high priest of the haven the camerlengo was seen as his secretary. He kept the books, recorded the passing of time, and made himself available to the other locals while Brykon could or did not. Not much was really known about his past, though he had been there for a long time. 

His hands shifted under the fabric and pushed in the direction of the Massif itself and its monastery. "Come along," he said kindly. "I'll keep you company as we walk."

IC:

“Anything,” The Fe-Toa answered easily, drawing his sword back into a ready stance. Not that he halted his advance; it was important to keep the engagement at his chosen range. His opponent was Stannis Maru. Eisen was confident, but he was also stepping onto the field having already fought one of Stannis’ brothers. A victory, to be sure, but not one without effort. Overconfidence would be his undoing if he let it. Stannis’ intent was to buy time, but now that was Eisen’s own game as well. They both believed that their comrades would be able to take the day, as long as they just had enough time. As long as each kept the other from intervening.

Amusing, that a stalemate was an outcome both sought if they couldn’t have outright victory.

“I do not seek fame nor fortune,” He continued as he reached out with his element. This was the site of a battle, minutes previous. A weapon abandoned was as good as his. It didn’t take more than a few moments to find them, an eclectic collection of arms dropped by the building’s previous defenders. “Or do you mistake me for the Necromancer?”

With a thought, the assorted weapons rocketed towards the Toa of Stone from their respective angles, seeking to skewer him upon their points. Eisen himself quickened his advance, shield still interposed between them. A few steps put Stannis back inside the range of his Kanohi, but Eisen did not reach for its power; not yet. The less he used it, the less Stannis could do to surmise its workings.

"I mistake you for nothing but a villain—urk—" Stannis managed to say before the assault began, once again cutting his words short. His off hand instinctively clenched into a fist and he gestured it across his chest. In a flash of energy, a wall of rock shielded his front and relevant flanks, meeting Eisen's cruel steel with his obstinate stone. The assorted swords, guns and knives hit the dragnet, and some even chipped off fragments of it but none could sink their teeth beyond it, and the implements of death clattered to the floor harmlessly. 

Stannis' riposte was uncharacteristically quick, though in truth he had intended to perform it from the start. Unseen behind his curtain of rock, he heaved his foot and kicked the wall in a manner reminiscent of Pohatu, his predecessor. The rock instantly broke into three boulders that were catapulted towards Eisen with unerring directness. 

The Toa Maru's position in the battle was difficult to hold. Wandering seemed to work in his favor in general, but he could not afford strange machinations of fate in the moment. Eisen's strengths and weaknesses were both myriad and mysterious to Stannis, and finding them would take time and trials, neither of which he could dispense liberally. No, Stannis would maintain a defensive strategy this time, only pushing back as much as Eisen did, nullifying and redirecting his attacks rather than taking full offense. He would reach into his bag of tricks and pull them out in sequence. That would keep Eisen on his guard as well, he hoped. He would not try and beat Eisen soundly—Oreius doubtlessly tried that path with abandon, only to be defeated, Stannis mused—but simply deny him his own victory in the hopes of eventually outmaneuvering him after ascertaining his faults. Too much hung precariously in the balance to do anything else. 

Eisen had surely fought against innumerable foes before. Stannis hoped to be among the last. To that end, he would show Eisen what it was to fight against an opponent who was every bit as clever and and adaptable as Nightfall's swordsman.

Rocks flung, Stannis once again reverted to a defensive stance; halberd out, tip up, off hand ready to either spurt elemental power or grip the polearm's haft for close combat. His scholastic eyes drank in Eisen. He was learning

• Upvote 2

OOC:  What a pleasant surprise, EW.

IC:

Nichou's head turned away from his desk as he shifted his gaze towards the visitor on his doorstep.  Has it really been that long?  I could've sworn I only started this one five minutes ago...

He looked at the object in his hands, an ebony rook.  The cylindrical chess piece was almost finished - with its distinctive parapets only beginning to take shape.  Nichou set the piece down next to its miniature allies, making a mental note to be more careful with time management on his personal projects.  Sometimes it was all too easy to get lost in his own thoughts and lose track of the time.

"Of course, sir," the onu-matoran replied, swiftly rising from his chair and advancing past his home's threshold, letting the visitor lead the way.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

To describe the Cry-Lesterin's situation as unpleasant was an understatement. Even if the audiokinetic assault was directed at her enemies, sound did this wonderful thing of not wholly doing what you tell it to, even from just behind and well off to Krayn's side. Everything trembled. Her helmet shook on her head, making her entire skull positively buzz, and it was the least she could do to stop her teeth from chattering. Her armour vibrated, and indeed every muscle felt like it was about to shake right off. Tensing up only made it worse. She could almost see her sword vibrating in her hands, making it unpleasant to hold even through her glove, if the buzzing of her helmet and the high pitched ringing, drilling deep into her skull, was less of a distraction than it was.

Still, under her helmeted visage she grinned as she maintained her stance, ready and attentive.
Knowing the force occupying this city was experiencing it far, far worse amused her. She giggled at the idea of all the exploded eardrums they'd have to fix, though she never heard it, drowned out as soon as the sound left her lips. She shrugged her shoulders and tightened her grip on her sword.
She had no fancy tricks like her companions, but she had no doubt someone would be trying to ruin their day very soon.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: "Camerlengo"

The matoran kept a steady pace through the village's small sprawl of narrow alleyways. The interconnected, tightly-woven houses, mostly made of mud and wood, and the ancient cobblestone path at their feet seemed to be a blur as they walked crisply. Nichou could not have been sure whether the man walked so out of urgency or habit, since he had not had the chance to walk with him before, but regardless, so they walked. 

"You have called us home for, well, how long now, Nichou?" he asked finally, after several moments of pure walking. "It can't be any less than a year, could it? Time has a different meaning, here."

IC:

Nichou followed the Camerlengo through the village streets, impressed by the Camerlengo's knowledge of the village layout.  Even after spending what felt like years here, Nichou didn't feel familiar with the narrow, winding paths between the village's older houses.  He was glad the Camerlengo knew a shortcut to the Massif's titular temple, as Nichou normally took a longer, more scenic route.

"A year or so feels correct - it can be difficult to judge. I've never been one who keeps track of the seasons - back when I was in Onu-Koro it didn't make a difference if it was autumn or winter.  I do know I arrived shortly before the assassination of Matoro," Nichou replied as he continued to follow the Camerlengo.

IC: "Camerlengo"

"I have not been to Onu-Koro in many a year, I think," the camerlengo admitted, "but I expect it has changed since. The earth is always shifting with the times, yes. Not just the Koro, but its people, also," he said and nudged Nichou from beneath his cloak to make his point.

"You, too."

IC:

Nichou was silent for a moment as the two matoran continued their hike towards the stone abbey above the village.

"You're right, I have changed," Nichou added, breaking the pause.  Nichou wasn't the first to come to the massif in a journey of self-reflection, and presumably the Camerlengo had developed a keen eye for the signs of such a person.

"Merely a few years ago I had rarely stepped foot outside Onu-Wahi, yet here I am now, a matoran who has traveled across a large part of the island, with more friends and stories than a younger me would believe."

• Upvote 1

IC: Camerlengo

"You've had quite a journey, from the sound of it," the camerlengo said. "Your work in the village is appreciated, and you are clearly skilled at your trade. You are not a warrior, either. But I admit, yes, I haven't learned what it was that brought you to The Massif. What, was it?

IC:

The Onu-Matoran gathered his thoughts for a moment before his answer.

"Curiosity.  That's why I left Onu-Koro years ago to join a matoran named Stannis on his quest, searching for clues to find the island's darkest secrets.  The companions, we called ourselves, seven matoran working together, united by a common purpose.  Long story short, the companions disbanded when Stannis and two others were called to a new quest.  The rest of us went our separate ways."

"After Makuta's defeat, I traveled for a time, and eventually found my way here.  The Massif was Stannis's home, and he spoke of it fondly.  While most of my life was spent in Onu-Koro, I never really felt like I fit in.  Given the tension between the Koros at the time, it felt like a good choice to keep some distance.  During my stay, the situation in Ko-Koro got out of hand, and so my visit morphed into... an extended leave."

This wasn't the first time Nichou pondered of what led him here.  While it may be odd to speak of his past in depth to the robed stranger beside him, Nichou was glad to say some of his thoughts out loud.  The Onu-Matoran, despite having been in The Massif so long, still felt like an outsider to the quiet villagers, so the conversation with one of the hamlet's leaders was a pleasant relief.

• Upvote 1