BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Skyra

There was very little that could prepare anyone for the concentrated blast of pure sound that was Krayn's attack. Even as I stood above and well away from it, I could feel it ripping through the air, and it was plenty loud, I was certain the entire city had heard it.

The Followers below me were not having a good time, I almost felt bad for them. Most of them were on the ground, clutching their ears in a agony.

This was it, it was now or never, the time for hiding was over, it was time for action! I leaped off the building, landing in the mist of the agonized Followers. I raised my broadsword with two hands, taking an offensive stance.

"For anyone who can still hear, stand down if you know what's good for you! We're taking this city back!" I started walking towards Stannis and his current opponent, watching for any would be attackers, they all seemed to have been taken out by Krayn's attack, at least for the moment.

Edited by Monika

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Azza slung the rope over his shoulder.  The throwing disks clattered as he stood.  "Six disks, I better use them wisely."  He searched around the walls of his small, icy house one last time.  There were no decorations and little furniture; the only notable feature being a small window facing outside of the cliff-side abode.  Azza stepped of the mat on the floor and moved towards the door, but his hand hesitated as he reached for the handle.  "No matter what happens, I can't back down if someone tries to stop me from leaving.  I must be brave."  The door took some effort to open ever since it was savaged by the thugs who entered Ko-koro after the city fell.  Azza left his home without looking back and began descending the hallway stairs onto the main street.

"That blast I heard earlier, it came from the next block over, near the warehouse.  This is my chance, either I escape now or I'm forever stuck as Echelon's prisoner.  It'd be best to avoid the conflict near the warehouse.  I'll try to run parallel to it for now and take advantage of this city's occupiers focus being there for now."  Azza reached the street and immediately hustles towards an alleyway.  "Mata Nui protect me," he whispers as he hugs the rope around his chest.  Not far off, the chaotic sounds of battle pierce the freezing air.

OOC:

I'm looking forward to playing with everyone!  Feel free to interact with me or have my character appear in the background of your posts!  I'm not looking to go power-crazy or anything; I just want a chill matoran roleplay experience.  Maybe someday I can become a toa but for now I'm just happy being a normal dude. I'm not fully caught up on all the plot-points, so feel free to let me know if I'm incorrect about anything!

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC:

The Onu-Matoran gathered his thoughts for a moment before his answer.

"Curiosity.  That's why I left Onu-Koro years ago to join a matoran named Stannis on his quest, searching for clues to find the island's darkest secrets.  The companions, we called ourselves, seven matoran working together, united by a common purpose.  Long story short, the companions disbanded when Stannis and two others were called to a new quest.  The rest of us went our separate ways."

"After Makuta's defeat, I traveled for a time, and eventually found my way here.  The Massif was Stannis's home, and he spoke of it fondly.  While most of my life was spent in Onu-Koro, I never really felt like I fit in.  Given the tension between the Koros at the time, it felt like a good choice to keep some distance.  During my stay, the situation in Ko-Koro got out of hand, and so my visit morphed into... an extended leave."

IC: Camerlengo

"Stannis," the camerlengo echoed ponderously. Nichou said the name with a degree of reverence, the camerlengo noted, and, perhaps, there was cause for such exaltation. The man called Stannis was seemingly larger-than-life before he became one of the most powerful and sought after toa in the lands, and for those who perceived the hero most idealized his pious life's journey and yearned to follow it. The cloaked matoran, however, had none of the sensationalism in his tone but remained even. "He came here, just over a year ago. You probably barely missed him," he said.

"That man, he hasn't changed, no. Just as I remember meeting him in the first.

IC:

In the distance: a sound like a boulder being cleaved apart.

(They're coming.)

"Thanks, Leah," I say, and I kneel down. I place my hand on the cold flagstones, dig my saperka into the cracks between them, into the damp earth below. I shouldn't feel the loam against the blade: there’s no flesh there, no nerves, no nothing. Just cold ceramic against wet earth. And yet I feel it like I would feel the cold mud of autumns back home, back in a childhood that no longer feels like it was part of another life, but a moment that I'm holding right now, in my grasp.

I hear the sound of feet landing on stone floors — Echelon's soldiers are coming for us.

(They're coming, Sulov.)

I don’t understand how this all works — essence stones and elemental powers. Destiny, the strings that Mata Nui tugs to send us on our way, nor where that way will lead. Toa come up to me -- freshly-minted warriors of the Great Spirit -- and they ask me what they're supposed to do now, how all this is supposed to function. Rahk-slayer, Chosen One, Makuta-killer, Onua's heir -- shouldn't I know? Shouldn't Sulov Maru be wiser by now?

(They're coming, Sulov.)

Yeah.

Probably.

But Maru's just the name they gave me. Sulov Koskium doesn't have answers. Doesn't know the secrets of the universe. All he’s got is a shovel and some earth, a fellow soldier at his side.

That’s all he’s ever needed, really.

I open my eyes, but I don't need to. I can feel the way the earth has pulled itself up into the air, floating in little orbs -- while in the ground just in front of me, there’s a hole. Three metres wide, ten metres down. Growing by the second.

"I think we've got company coming, Leah," I say. "Cover me."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"It's good to hear that the pressure of everyone's expectations haven't changed him. There are plenty of people who would let all that power and responsibility go to their head.  Just look at some of the Akiri, for instance," the Onu-matoran added.  After a short pause, Nichou continued.

"I hope he could see how much I've changed"

There was a longer pause before Nichou finished.

"Years ago I was disappointed that I couldn't help him finish his quest," Nichou admitted, eyes darting to the stones beneath his feet.

I was too selfish then.  Too blinded by the prospects of adventure to see I was not prepared for that path.

"I saw it as ironic that the matoran who set an example that not all heroes were toa, that the little guys like us could make a difference after a century of despair, turned out to become one of the most powerful Toa ever.  It took me longer to see that the evidence of our strength is all around us.  The resilience of the Koros is a testament to the strength of the people.  We withstood the forces of chaos for so long that I became numb to the magnitude of that achievement."

Nichou glanced back at the village at the foot of the hill below them.

"I only wish I learned sooner that I didn't need to pick up a sword to fight Makuta, that wars aren't won solely by those in the front line.  It was only through helping rebuild Onu-Koro after the end of the war that I realized I am more effective here, building shelter for the innocent who fled Ko-Koro, than I would ever have been trying to drive out those who breached the city's walls."

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

IC:

Nichou chuckled at the joke, but was embarrassed for a moment, feeling that he was speaking a bit too freely to this stranger.  Life in the Massif brought lots of time for the Onu-matoran to quietly self-reflect, and sometimes he needed to remind himself switch from that mindset and focus on the task at hand.

"Sometimes it's all too easy to conflate the matoran we knew with the Toa the newspapers exaggerate about."

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

"Easy? Not for me, no," the camerlengo balked, then threw back his neck as if to laugh but only a whisper of a single guffaw came forth, then he settled his attention back on the path out of town. "I inherited the man's mess. He was the previous camerlengo—and Lord Protector Antrim's favourite. Spiritual as monk but flawed just like everyone Antrim took under his wing." He shrugged, a gesture which quaked his cloak's voluminous cloth. "Me, also. But my actions have much less impact than his, now."

IC:

"I never got to meet Antrim before his unfortunate death," the carpenter replied, keeping pace with the camerlengo. "Has Brykon done well in his place?  Those are some big shoes to fill, I presume."

The matoran shrugged again. "In some ways, he has. It depends on what metrics you apply to the Toa-Protector. You've never met Antrim, true, but you're here because of him. Antrim was a visionary who built people's character like he built this monastery. He created a beacon people could follow to find inner peace and was powerful enough to safeguard it against those who would destroy it. He brought people from all over the lands to this place and healed them until they discovered a new purpose. Antrim was legendary, and even despite his death The Massif exists beyond him.

"Brykon is many things, but he is not a visionary. He is strong, empathetic, confident, and pious, things Antrim would be proud of, but he is still only Antrim's pupil. He is a monk, not a priest, no." The camerlengo paused, then said, "It's almost like it was by design, though. Brykon and Stannis were both Antrim's pupils, yes? But they went different ways. One carries the priestly legacy, the other the warrior legacy; one the ideals of Antrim, the other his massive sword," he said, referring to the massive blade long used to defend The Massif, the greatsword Rain. Stories were still told of Antrim Vakitano using it in battle against the Makuta's agents, like Vidar and Ronkshou when they followed the Chosen Matoran through the drifts a little too far. 

"But insofar as his administrative capacities? Brykon is a capable organizer and competent accountant. He does a fair job by my standards.

IC:

The camerlengo was right - Antrim's actions inadvertently led Nichou here, and the Toa lived on through the journeys of those he mentored.  That the ripples of that Toa's actions could reach so far was evidence of his wisdom.  The legacy of Antrim could be seen all around the two matoran as they walked up the hill towards the Massif's towering dome.  Nichou did not know much of Brykon, but it was clear the Toa kept The Massif in safe hands.  No small feat, given the growing danger of the frozen city to the north.

"That's good to hear.  Despite Makuta's fall, these are still dangerous times, and I'm glad there is such a watchful warrior here should the Massif need it."

IC:

A flurry of emotions ran through Casanuva's head.

Not good enough. 

For a moment, all he could do was look around, looking from Vakua, to Aelied, to Dakte and Mako, back in the direction of Ko-Koro.

I did nothing.

The Fa-Toa took a moment to center himself, to steel his worst fears.

Not another failure.

"Something's obviously happening over there. I'm going after them. I don't want to disobey you, Aelied, but I'm not going to stand by as he... my brother and Soraph wander into one of the most dangerous places on the island."

I love her.

He took a few steps back, so he could address everybody. "We've seen where being divided gets us. The first Virtue is Unity, for Nui's sake!" Casanuva focused on Aelied. The Bo-Toa was unreadable. "With all due respect, master, I'm going. I'm going to find Soraph, and drag her back to safety if necessary."

Do you really?

"When I stop talking, I'm turning around and marching straight to Ko-Koro. If anybody here wants to stop me, tough, you're not gonna. If anyone here wants to join me in joining their fellow Kalta," he said at Zueya, Vakua, and Kalyss, "or their clanmate," he said to Dakte and Mako, "you can follow. If not, I don't hold it against you. Soraph's a big girl, and Skorm's a bigger guy. But I'm not leaving them alone with whatever's going down in Bad Guy Central."

Zueya stepped forward. "I'm going with. I've been inside there, I know what it's like." Timidly, she looked to Vakua and Kalyss. "Vakua, I know there's still a bounty on you, but we'll all stand with you. You know that."

Rolling her shoulders and neck, Kalyss stepped forward. "Are you kidding? I've been waiting forever for a chance to run over there and start dishing out a little justice. I've been helping out here, I know the damage they've caused."

Casanuva looked to Aelied, standing calm and still. He was silent, and when he opened his mouth, Aelied cut him off.

"I won't stop you. But I will stay here, for now. The rest of you are more than enough of a rescue force, if such a thing is necessary. The same, I bid you good luck."

Not ideal. Still, their loyalty to their team was not undermining his authority; putting his foot down here would be a pointless exercise, and would fracture the team dynamic. And if something happened... well, he had contingencies.

IC:

When the Le-Toa dropped to the ground, both Cyrix and Skorm were pensive, before Cyrix released his hold on the air around them and dismissed the vacuum bubble. Around them, Legacy members squirmed and began to rise.

"WHAT?" Skorm shouted, hand ready to pull his saber. "CYRIX, I DON'T KNOW WHAT SIDE SHE'S ON!"

Cyrix pointed towards the Koro walls. "WE'RE TRYING TO GET OUT, AND WE DIDN'T HEAR A THING YOU SAID, I TAKE IT BY YOU AREN'T WITH THESE GUYS. WE AREN'T EITHER."

"WAIT, CYRIX!" Skorm pointed at Skyra, and nudged Cyrix. "I THINK I RECOGNIZE HER, I SAW HER IN PO-KORO, I THINK SHE'S AN ALLY OF STANNIS MARU."

"SKORM, WAIT, I DON'T THINK SHE'S A HOSTILE!"

"NO I DON'T KNOW HER NAME!" Skorm turned to Skyra; he remembered her from his talk with Stannis after he was healed. "HEY, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME, I WAS IN PO-KORO TALKING TO STANNIS AND A FRIEND OF YOURS BLEW UP HIS HOUSE!"

Cyrix was recovering his hearing. "SHE'S GONNA BLOW US UP? WHAT? HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT?"

IC:

Sniffing the air, Fyura let her vision adjust to the dim lighting around her. "Karnakie, cover me. Ah'll take point."

She started advancing down the stone hallway, readying her battleaxe. Around her, the few heatstones holding off the encroaching permafrost were the only light sources amongst stone scenery. Above them, she could hear the clashing of stone on metal, continuing despite the tremendous noise which shook the ground. Vayde let off a shiver of fear; Fyura shook it off. She needed focus. She couldn't afford to let any of her opponents get the drop on her. She, instead, shivered a bit in excitement. And this time, she thought, this time she wouldn't let her abilities go to waste. I'm not gonna let them get away with this. She might not win today, but that sure didn't mean she was going to let the Maru win, either. If she needed it, she would start draining the hostages. They wouldn't give her much energy, but it would make things harder for the Maru.

Oh, the Maru. Fyura wondered how many there were down here. One had fallen and lost his mask, another (she was told) popped in and out with him (so probably out of the picture, so you never know...), and another was upstairs comparing codpiece sizes with Eisen. So up to three, Water, Earth, and Ice.

She ground her teeth, then smiled. Worries weighed you down. That's why it took these 'heroes' so long to do something. Fyura shrugged off her worries like  coat. Maru, matoran, Legacy, whatever. This was gonna be fun.

Vayde concurred, mentally squirming, letting off an emotion that Fyura had grown used to; the only way she could describe it was the feeling you got when facing down a table set with your favorite foods. Not a bad kind of hunger, but an eager anticipation of a delicious meal.

And Fyura was hungry.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Stannis was probing Eisen just as much as he tested the Maru himself, and the swordsman knew it.

To obfuscate matters, he did not simply activate his Kanohi and be done with it. He twisted so that the rightmost boulder would pass him by, batted the middle aside with the flat of his blade, and let the last graze and bounce off of his shield at an angle. That wasn't exactly how it happened, of course; each movement disguised a use of his Crast. It repelled one from his blade, making it appear that his strength alone had knocked it aside and pushed the other from his shield as though his strength did not even falter at the impact. Let Stannis try and sort out its power, he would not be permitted the time. 

Though apparently another hero had the time to yammer. 

"Who are you?" He asked rhetorically, hurling the same collection of sharp implements at the Toa of Air without bothering to look. The brunt of his attention remained on Stannis, the greater threat, A few more paces would bring the other Toa within the reach of his sword, though as a polearm user he had already stepped into Stannis' reach. Let the Toa of Stone make a strike, if he was willing, it would be informative.  He was more concerned with the overall number disparity than the Maru's immediate threat. That Sonic attack had been unexpected, and cleared out most of the allies watching his rear. The Le-Toa's presence was proof of that. "Lantz, deal with the Le-Toa to the best of your ability. If you would be so kind."

More reinforcements would arrive, quite quickly. Even if they hadn't heard the initial alarm, they couldn't have missed that Sonic blast. Once they arrived, the tide would again shift in his favor. All that remained was to hold until then, and hope that the optimistic and opportunistic band of heroes wouldn't realize that themselves. 

IC:

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

Krayn's attack had worked better than he'd hoped, but his optimism was quickly dashed. In the quiet that followed his element's roar, he couldn't miss hearing Skyra's proclamation. This was exactly what he had been concerned would happen. They didn't have the manpower to retake the city, they didn't even have the manpower to evacuate the hostages by themselves. They were in the Village of Ice for reconnaissance, not a fight. The former Guardsman could hear the clamor of approaching reinforcements on the wind, and the element of surprise was gone. Reconnaissance had become a sneak attack, and a sneak attack was about to become a stand-up fight.

And that wasn't something they could win.

"Kale, we have about four minutes until we need to begin extraction." The De-Toa drew both of his revolvers, accompanying the grim statement with the priming of the hammers. He borrowed the same crate Skyra had used as a stepping stone to jump up onto the roof of the hut, surveying the scene in front of him while keeping his head low. "Daring just tossed away our cover, so we're going to have to pull her out. We're about to have way, way more company than we can handle. When we get her out, you need to make sure she follows the plan. Praggos and I will cover your exit."

Despite his calm demeanor, he felt his heartrate kick up a few notches. The situation was rapidly spiraling out of his control, and there wasn't much he could do about it. The path was set. It was time to face whatever came along the road to follow it. A minute application of his element ensured his voice could carry all the way to the Le-Toa's ear without raising it, though it did nothing to add any range to his flat tone.

"Daring, we have four to five minutes to fall back. Do what you can, and disengage. We're all going to have company soon." There was no time for recriminations, so he didn't bother. From his perch, though, he could see something he didn't expect; a Matoran that seemed to be trying to escape the village. His path would take him down the same street they were gathered on, he could address it then. Still, he relayed the fact to his friends still on the street with him; "I think there's a Matoran trying to get out of her. If he comes this way, get his attention. We'll try and get him out of here, too."

Now we get to race the clock.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Fortunately for Fyura, I was feeling a bit more permissible on that day than normal when it came to uppity subordinates trying to tell me what to do. Unfortunately for Fyura, I was also perfectly content to allow her to take point. Body shields were always useful, after all, and I wasn't against using such, especially when it came to the Maru. "As you wish," I replied to her, starting to follow her through the hallway. It was time to leave Stannis and Eisen to their battle of wills, Toa versus Toa, and I had faith in Eisen's ability to hold his own against an overly-moralistic being such as Stannis.

But as I walked towards where the other Maru were sure to be, I had to admit that I held no such faith as regarded the others in our alliance. Fyura, Lantz, and the others; all opportunistic and self-serving, much like the rest of us who had initially surrounded Echelon. But they lacked the tempering aspects the rest of us possessed. Their vision was lacking, their understanding of the pragmatism of the alliance was hindered by their lack of ability to look beyond themselves, and few among them possessed enough intelligence to recognize where they stood in the hierarchy, both in terms of experience and in terms of power.

I fully believed that if it weren't for the sheer numerical advantage we held in this place, this engagement would turn into a route as all of those who had initially been drawn here ran to save their own hides rather than exhibiting true honour and bravery in battle. That was, I felt, one of the few advantages that the Maru and their allies held over us; their devotion to their duty gave them the mental and moral strength to hold out far past the point that any of ours might have given up and ran, and such had often proven to be a deciding factor in various battles. Meanwhile, watching Fyura move on ahead of me, I was fully convinced that the only thing present to make her stay and fight if things should take a small turn for the worse would be me blocking the way behind her.

IC:

"I see what you meant," I replied to Krayn, after I heard him say that he and I would be covering everybody's retreat. I had never been much of a fighter, even during my time in the Sanctum Guard, but at least I could hold my own well enough not to be particularly afraid from what he'd just said, only displeased. I could last long enough to get us all out. I jumped up on the roof after him, just to try and get a better vantage of everything that was happening. Including the pair that was yelling up at Skyra. And Skyra, who had the amazing tactical sense to completely ruin what it was we were doing.

For the life of me, I could not understand how it was that Skyra Daring was as well-liked as she was in the Gukko Force while Krayn had been snubbed and mistreated. Assuming her current actions reflected on her overall career, I found it entirely amazing that she was even still alive. I stuck my hands within the snow on the roof of the hut we were on, sucking it dry of energy. Soon enough, it all started to crumble and disappear entirely, sublimating into the atmosphere as I used it to replenish my own reserves of energy.

I knew I was going to need it.

"Well, Krayn, if it turns out that your former coworker just killed us, I want you to know that it's been an interesting hour, and I hope you have an enjoyable afterlife."

• Upvote 1

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Kale Ironshaper-Ko-koro-Outside the Warehouse

IC: Kale blinked.

Kale blinked again.

She didn't.

With an exasperated exhale the Toa of Iron had begun absorbing as many of the tuning forks as he could before Krayn had even begun speaking. It wasn't much but he could at least top up his energy before going to rescue his less than tactically adept teammate.

"Got ya." Kale replied as he went into a runner's crouch. With a flash of mental energy he was off down the street faster than any normal person could run. Fast enough to send snow flying up in his wake and send a discordant jangle from the many knives that were part of his disguise. He leapt over struggling and screaming Makuta worshipers. Unprotected against a sonic attack of that magnitude most of their eardrums had burst. Aside from the obvious pain it also caused enough disorientation that any attempts to use masks or elemental powers were useless. To say nothing of actually standing on their feet and swinging a blade. The scum wouldn't be combat capable until they got medical attention, if they ever got medical attention. A couple people seemed to still be up surprisingly enough. They were yelling something he couldn't quite make out over the wind whistling by his ears but they didn't seem to be hostile. So he simply rushed past them, likely coating them in a layer of snow as he did so.

The young Toa went low as he entered the building itself. His eyes scanning the warehouse even as he slid to a stop. Skyra aaaaaaaaaand it looked like Stannis Maru were facing off against Eisen, one of Echelon's personal men and Lantz, a known Makuta worshiper since before Makuta had been defeated. Eisen looked to have been in a fight recently so while he was a major threat he was hopefully also a tired one. Lantz appeared significantly more fresh.

There was also some very sharp pieces of metal flying right at Skyra.

As his momentum died Kale swept an arm out. Since Esien had simply fired and forgot there was no battle of wills involved. The various deadly metal objects abruptly changed direction straight toward Lantz.

"Skyra whyyyyy."

Edited by Silvan Haven
  • Upvote 3

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

A lot of things started happening all at once, but it went kind of like this...

"I THINK I RECOGNIZE HER, I SAW HER IN PO-KORO, I THINK SHE'S AN ALLY OF STANNIS MARU."

What?

"SKORM, WAIT, I DON'T THINK SHE'S A HOSTILE!"

What.

"HEY, I DON'T KNOW IF YOU REMEMBER ME, I WAS IN PO-KORO TALKING TO STANNIS AND A FRIEND OF YOURS BLEW UP HIS HOUSE!"

WHAT!?

I must of blown a gasket because for a moment there all I saw was red as memories of my time in Po-koro came flooding back. I'd tried really, really hard to forget about...all of that...especially HIM WHO WILL NOT BE NAMED.

"Who are you?"

I had barely started turning around when I saw them. I hardly had a second to react, annnnnnd I didn't have to, the objects had magically turned away from me, yay!

"Skyra whyyyyy." Oh, that was why.

A familiar voice gave me pause, it made my blood freeze and my heart stop. "Daring, we have four to five minutes to fall back. Do what you can, and disengage. We're all going to have company soon." That was all I needed to hear to realise I'd probably ###### up. Krayn's voice was just a flat tone, but I could still tell he wasn't happy...

I'm sorryyyyyyyyyy.

...probably because I'd let my instincts take over and completely forgot the plan. Well, I supposed it was time to improvise and try to get out of here. I decided to address the baddie who was facing Stannis "Oh...people know me by many names, the Genderbent Wonder, Sky-guy, that one Toa who always seems to be in the thick of it..." That last one made me feel a little reflective. "...though you can call me Daisy, the amazing acrobat! You'd be shocked how good I am with throwing knives!"

I kept my distance from him, as someone who was intimately familiar with swords I could tell he was ready for me to come within striking distance of him, not gonna happen...besides it appears this Lantz guy was gonna cause me trouble, I kept an eye out for him as well. "I'm pretty good with the flute too..." I stabbed my sword into the ground and started playing my flute as it were. Hopefully a certain bird of mine would get the message and get over here.

...I'm ###### crazy aren't I?

Edited by Monika
  • Upvote 1

IC: 

Azza's feet started going numb from the snow.  Since the hostile takeover, Ko-koro hasn't had their streets cleaned as thoroughly as they should have been.  So far the Makuta worshipers seemed to be too focused on their own lives to care about a lone matoran running.  Azza exited the latest alleyway and turned a sharp corner.  Too sharp.  His Rau slammed hard against the snowy street.  "Get up,he thought.  His body forced itself forward again and he readjusted the disks on his back.  "Someone's shouting," he observed as he ran close to the warehouse now.  "Are the toa liberating the koro finally? Should I have stayed home and waited?  No, I can't go back.  I must keep going."  Azza lept over a pile of rubbish spilling out of the next alleyway.  Before he landed though, two brown matoran hustled out of the alley.  A collision was unavoidable.

SLAM

Azza landed directly on top of one of them, the other stumbling over the tangled matoran.  Azza was never much of a fighter, and certainly not violent, but this time could not allow normal behavior.  This was about survival.  "it's me or them," he reassured himself.  "Do it!"  In the next instant, Azza jumped off the tackled Po-Matoran before kicking at his Huna with all the strength he could summon.  The mask went flying, and the Po-Matoran shrieked in pain.  Azza landed and reached for a disk while his eyes connected with the other Po-Matoran, who had regained his footing and summoned some dirk.  

"Who do you think you are?!  You're gonna regret bumping into us!"  The Po-matoran lunged, but Azza lunged as well.  Instead of throwing the disk, Azza slammed it into his attacker's weapon-hand, forcing him to drop his blade.  A quick spin, and the momentum carried his disk-hand into this Po-Matoran's Hau.  Azza kicked the knife, which slid several feet away, before speeding off again.  "They're too slow to catch me; just keep sprinting."  Azza made sure to look down the alleyways as he continued is sprint towards freedom.  

Another minute, or was it an eternity?  Azza's eyes were fogging some.  He rubbed them, and in his cleared vision he saw before him several matoran of various koro's huddled around a black skakdi- and the skakdi saw him.  "Don't fight.  Turn away," and his frozen legs carried him down an alley again.  "This leads towards the warehouse though."  Azza's heart would be panicking if he had the time to really think.  "I'll have to get lost in the crowd, or something.  I have to keep moving."  Azza reached for a disk again, but realized he was still holding one.  A small chuckle escaped his lips, which comforted Azza.  The close walls opened up to chaos.  A horde of untold size surrounded the warehouse, with most on their knees or looking around in disarray.  Not far off, towards the center, there was some green toa wielding a broadsword above their head.  Another toa... skated through the mob and into the warehouse.

"Is this a rescue mission?  Should I go towards the toa?  No, I would just slow them down, maybe I can run back.."  but Azza turned and saw that Skakdi entering the alleyway.  "I have to wing it!"  Azza couldn't feel his feet, yet they carried him into the fray all the same.  "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!"  Azza screamed raw emotion as he bolted as fast as he could towards the scene before him.  He would either escape this corrupted koro, or die trying.

OOC:

ayyyy I'm happy everyone's getting on here!  This'll be fun!  I'm gonna do my part at least and try to check in on this thread throughout the rest of the week ^,^  no pressure to involve yourself with me but I'd love interaction all the same!

Edited by Azibo
  • Upvote 2

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

"Oh, Brykon is a strong warrior, yes, but his role is as a safeguard. He, and I, believe that the Massif's true guardians are us, the villagers who live here and want to keep our life and faith of peace. Brykon, like Antrim before him, only intercedes when there is no other way about it, otherwise he is a monk like the rest of us. There is great strength and greatness in all of us."

The two matoran had almost made it to the bottom of the Massif itself, the ancient half-dome of granite that loomed watchfully over the lands between the slopes of Mount Ihu and the verdant jungles of Le-Wahi. The rock itself had barely changed over the years, virtually unaltered by the swirling weather patterns or constant tread of pilgrims feet. The only change in recent years, and one Brykon had implemented, was the addition of two pulley-operated elevators on the vertical side of the massif, allowing villagers to finally ascend the rock mount without gradually walking all the way around and then back to the monastery on the rock's crown. 

The camerlengo opened the little gate of the elevator at the mount's base and let Nichou in, then stepped after him, closed the gate and activated the mechanism to ascend. 

IC: Stannis

If Eisen's feats were meant to be a demonstration of his physical strength, Stannis seemed unimpressed. His demeanor, like his footing, was rock solid and grounded. His brain told him there was no way someone as comparatively lithe as Eisen was could have batted his boulders away with such ease and grace. And yet, his eyes did not deceive him—Eisen had, in fact, escaped the stones somehow. 

In the split second Stannis was afforded to surmise the spectacle, he figured that it was, truly, improbable. The evasion manoeuvre was possible, as any seasoned warrior with honed reflexes could manage it, and the rebuffing with the shield was completely in line with how a shield was to be used, but the middle boulder which Eisen had easily bashed down with the flat of his sword revealed that there was something more at work. Something unseen? Or, perhaps, plainly visible.

Stannis did not recognize his foe's Kanohi. What, he wondered, does it do? He would find out eventually, he surmised, and moved on. There was no point pondering a mystery without any further experimentation. 

Once again, Stannis acknowledged that Eisen was a highly skilled swordsman and likely a solid counter for Stannis' own prowess, and he refused to be ignorant to the man's capabilities. In fact, it was his knowledge of Eisen's preference of swordplay that afforded Stannis the strongest defense. Swordsmen were proud people—famed toa such as Dorian, Antrim, and Tahu were examples—and as a whole unerringly quick, incredibly resourceful, and clever seemingly to a fault. Stannis would know; he had been one, before, as a guardsman. He had tasted proficiency with the blade such that it wasn't even fun to spar anymore, felt the fiery thrill of hefting an edge that could plunge through flesh and sever a skull in a heartbeat, and then, abruptly, disavowed it. In its place he chose a simpler weapon, the pike, with seemingly confounding stubbornness ever since Antrim plucked him to The Massif all those years before. 

Since then, Stannis never touched a sword with the intent to use it, but that never meant he didn't know how to. It was that knowledge that allowed him once to go toe-to-toe with a bladesman by all accounts superior to Eisen: The Makuta's chief lieutenant, Heuani, previously Kopaka, and coincidentally yet another warrior who, like Eisen, employed a shield. 

There was a glimmer of hope to be seen. Stannis knew he possessed no solid upped hand against Eisen, however his knowledge afforded him yet another circle in which Eisen could not overwhelm him, either. 

His halberd by then afforded him the range necessary to plunge into the swordsman's flanks, and he decided to take advantage of that, taking the haft by the off hand higher than his main hand and gripping the weapon like a staff. In one smooth action, he took a half step back, drawing the weapon back while doing so, then took the same step forward again, this time swinging the halberd's blade down on Eisen's sword side with great speed and force. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

Nichou looked back at the village as the elevator platform rose towards the top of the Massif.  The woodworker stood silent as the pair ascended, letting the whirring of gears and pulleys dominate the conversation for a few moments.  The mechanical Onu-Koronan export still impressed Nichou no matter how many times he rode it.  Below the duo was a remarkable vista - not just the town they came from, or the farmland adjacent to it, but the rolling plains beyond.  Plains that slowly morphed into bushland before becoming engulfed by the jungle of Le-Wahi.  The visibility to the south was remarkably clear that day, and Nichou could even see specks of light poking from beneath the jungle's canopy - Le-Koro tended to not let the growing darkness interrupt the party.
  To the west the sun's final rays were peeking above the horizon, reflecting their collage of orange and red across the endless ocean in the distance.

"This view never gets old," remarked the carpenter.  For those who lived on the surface all their lives, sunsets were rarely special.  But for Nichou, a Onu-Koronan native, the sun's farewell had yet to dull, even after these past few years traveling on the surface.

Edited by BULiK

IC: Arankhe
To call the Cry-Lesterin disgruntled was an understatement. First a cacophonous nightmare, fortunately directed a hundredfold at her enemies, and now Skyra had plunged headlong into the enemy.
Fantastic. Well, Arankhe had admittedly been itching for a fight, and she'd rather everyone on the team leave the Koro alive as opposed to most of them.
"I'll try to make sure they don't get killed!" was all that Praggos and Krayn heard from Arankhe as she sprinted after Kale. She wasn't quite as fast for sure, bogged down by the weight of her armour, but each thunderous step left a crater in the snow, a disoriented and deafened warrior stumbling in her way only to be bashed off his feet by the speed and mass of her shield. She paid even less attention to the fallen soldiers around her than her allies had, at one stage stomping on a downed one's chest only to have thundered on before he could even cry out. They were of no importance. There was one thing that mattered in the swordswoman's mind right now.

She leapt through the building's entryway, taking only a few more steps before skidding to a halt next to her allies as sparks left her armoured boots against the cold hard ground, raising her large, round shield in one hand, broadsword in the other ready to strike, her muscles screaming as they fought to hold the former still against the fiercely humming energies of its charge. Her arm would be sore tomorrow, yes, but whoever she unleashed the waiting blast on would be feeling a whole lot worse.

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: 

"It would be my pleasure" Lantz said with a smirk. 

Let Eisen deal with the leader of the Maru for now, the Toa of Gravity thought to himself. It didn't really matter who won that fight, Lantz would benefit. Either one of his Father's murderers were killed or a position in the organization that served him opened up. Win-win situation.

He turned to face the newcomer Le-Toa and expected to watch her be skewered by the assortment of sharp metal objects that Eisen had thrown her way. Before they could reach their target however they seemed to swerve in mid air, towards himself. The Ba-Toa roared in anger and raised his hand in defence. A heavy field of gravity manifested for a moment, pulling and burying the metal objects into the ground.

Another Toa had joined the fight. There, at the entrance, brown-clad Toa had slid into the doorway... a little too fast for Lantz' liking. 

"Oh, Fe-Toa, do come closer and play" he laughed, mostly too himself.

Lantz created a dense field of gravity with Skyra at the epicentre and charged at her, making sure to keep an eye on the Fe Toa and while also allowing himself to move through the gravity field unhindered. 

---

Vakua gulped, and nodded.

I will join you to help free our friends. How could I not?

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Azza fled through the mob. Kanoka disk in hand he leapt beyond the reach of any wicked being that wasn't too dazed to move. The Makuta worshippers had been savaged. It didn't make Azza happy to see, but he wouldn't care for any of them either.

His next leap took him over some curled up matoran, and when he landed, Azza saw movement just inside inside the warehouse entrance. "Should I follow the toa?" Azza spun around a rising thug. "I might have better odds at escape...." Azza leapt over another matoran, "but if I get caught without the toa-" Azza tripped! The matoran in the snow yanked Azza's purple foot out from under him! Instead of falling away, though, Azza fell into the pull and brought his other foot down on the wounded matoran's head. Azza expected some reaction of pain, but his foe just collapsed into unconsciousness. Azza took off towards the warehouse entrance at full speed.

"-without the toa, getting caught means in dead. I'll try not to slow them but I think I can't leave them now!" Azza bolted through the entrance to interrupt some showdown. "Stannis Maru?" Closer still, those two who seemed responsible for injuring the makuta worshippers. A toa of Azza's element was charging them. There was no time to think.

Azza's chilled body propelled off the slush. Azza's body spun through the air while he slung his throwing disk straight towards the Gravity Toa as he ran towards the Air Toa!

OOC:

Hey let me know if involving myself in the combat of others is not ok.  I don't know how retconning works with BZPRPG but worst case scenario I can rewrite this brief scene and choose to run away, not towards the drama.  I don't mean to step on any toes!  Also I'm a matoran so clearly not the best fighter at all, I just rushed a surprise attack and hope it helps!

Edited by Azibo

IC:

"I'm Skorm, of the Toa Kalta."

Skorm didn't have time to continue when the Legacy Ba-Toa attacked Skyra. Furrowing his mask in concentration, he countered Lantz's gravity crush on their erstwhile ally. His body burned and cried for air, but it was normalizing the effect overall easier than warping gravity to his will, especially with the originator busy. But he knew he didn't have the energy for a sustained fight, and even if he did, Soraph was his responsibility. She was getting out of here, no matter how many Legacy freaks were in their way.

The deafening blast now a dull whine, Cyrix looked around. "Skorm, we need to relocate." He punctuated the statement by kicking a crawling Legacy member's head.

Skorm kept his eyes locked on the unfolding brawl. "You can jump, right?"

"Pretty high, when I want to."

"Get to the roof where she jumped from." He raised his hand, and Cyrix felt the gravity around him loosen its grip.

Cyrix started to argue, but didn't. Regardless of his weakened state, Skorm had a point. Conjuring wind around him, Cyrix leaped up, practically ignoring the weight of the Dasaka he carried. Cyrix cursed as he nearly lost his footing.

Breath in. Breath out. Skorm tried to control his breathing, and the air around him grew thicker as he drew gravity around himself to a more comfortable level. He drew his saber and advanced to reinforce Skyra and the Fe-Toa, as well as the brave matoran. He was Skorm, of the Toa Kalta. He had walked the path of Darkness, and he would gladly show everyone the Light he had found. Until it burned the corruption that surrounded them all.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

Kale Ironshaper-Ko-koro-Inside the Warehouse

IC: People were just coming out of the woodwork. A Matoran who, despite the brace of disks on his back, did not look like he belonged in anything remotely resembling a warzone was now sending one of those disks at the charging Lantz. He was followed almost immediately by...Kale thought the Toa's name might have been Skorm. Formerly on the Guard's wanted list, now part of one of the few Toa teams wandering the island. A Toa of Gravity in fact. A useful bit of information considering that Lantz was also a Toa of Gravity. Having someone around to cancel his powers would be helpful.

Now being able to pull important bits of information up on seemingly random people might have been odd for most people. But the different Guard forces liked to keep track of all the various criminals that wandered the face of Mata Nui. The various semi-vagrant Toa as well. It was immensely helpful to know who you could trust and who you couldn't if one or either of the two groups happened to get involved in a fight inside a koro. For those in a Guard with the clearance and desire to look at the lists it could be an extremely useful source of information.

All the newcomers were focusing on the Makuta cultist currently rushing Skyra. And while Kale wouldn't exactly count the Matoran as much of an asset, it was two on one at the very least. Much more than that and they'd start getting in each other's way. So rather than throw an attack of his own at Lantz, Kale turned to the other threat in the room.

Eisen.

One of the most dangerous Toa on the island. If he could be taken down here it would be a great boon to the forces of Light. To say nothing of the fact that his defeat would allow for the rescue of the hostages, and through that, the retaking of Ko-koro. Who knew when they'd have another chance like this. So Kale acted.

Reactivating his mask, the Sentinel rushed over to a nearby shattered crate. Snagging a fair sized chunk he spun, building up momentum before hurling it at Eisen's back. It wouldn't kill him or even seriously injure him. But getting smacked in the back by a heavy object while in the middle of a fight had a tendency to throw a man dangerously off balance. There was a chance that he would notice the nails holding the planks together of course. But they were small and Eisen was distracted by the Maru in front of him. Even if he did notice it would still serve much the same purpose. In any case it was much less noticeable than what Kale did next.

Staying low he took off running directly at the dark Toa. Half the knives covering his body rippled and flowed together into a bright sheet of armor that danced in the light pouring through the doorway.

• Upvote 1

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

I stopped playing my flute the moment I felt my gravity increase, I stared down the mongrel who was responsible as he charged me like a wild animal.

The increased gravity didn't last long, someone or something had removed it, I'd have to thank them later, for now my focus was completely on Lantz.

I didn't move from where I stood, I didn't need to. I grabbed my blunderbuss from my holster and aimed right at the animal. If he wanted to get closer that was fine with me, I'd put him down like the monster that he was.

IC:

Azza crashed back into the ground before his disk hit his target.  The moment before his Rau would slam into the icy floor, he peeked another gravity toa entering the fray with the Legacy Ba-toa that his disk was still hurling towards.  Once that moment passed, another instant of pain transpired where Azza rolled onto his back to grab his face.  His fingers were almost too chilled to feel the small dent in his Kanohi. Azza relaxed his numb body on the ground and shut his eyes again after seeing the Fe-Toa bolt towards the foe of Stannis Maru.  At this point, Azza fought just to stay awake.

OOC:

Yeah that's all literally just a second's worth of development lol.  I hope I hit Lantz ^^

IC:

Fyura's claws clicked on the stone floor (though she was still being quieter than the behemoth behind her). Seriously, she didn't even know how Karnakie was fitting down here. She wanted to look back and giggle, but didn't want a punch to the nose. Or a sword to the gut. Or an axe to the face.

Heeeeey...

They both used axes! Maybe he'd appreciate that. They could bond over their mutual love for axes. Although, he'd probably use that sword of his in these close quarters... in fact, her battleaxe was feeling a little cramped, at least in this hallway. With a thumb, she loosened her handaxes from their loops in her kilt. Yeah, axes. Now to break the ice... smoothly...

"Karnakie, let me axe ah qvuestion-"

No. No, that was bad. She really hadn't meant to pun right there. Maybe he'd just think it was her accent. Oh, by Makuta, she'd screwed this up.

"I... uh... I meant to ask you about your axe, I heard vun of ze other soldier talkin' how you use yours, and use vun, and..." she trailed off.

Okay. New idea, she'd keep her big, toothy mouth shut. She could practically feel the giant's glare boring into her, just like a fellow skakdi's eye beams. This was gonna make this entire thing awkward, wasn't it?

Wait. A sloshing sound was coming from the room ahead of them. Finally, some action! She could destroy the enemies of Makuta! And more importantly, change the subject!

A fight, now that was a good icebreaker. Dang, shoulda thought of that before. Fyura turned the corner and slammed her wrist into her other arm, launching the disc at the first target she saw, a Ga-Toa in the same armor style as Stannis upstairs, or Oreius earlier.

• Upvote 1

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse basement]:

Finally they'd cracked enough permafrost for Sulov to go to work. The massive Toa moved past her with a nod of thanks while she took up a defensive spot near the entrance to the chamber. For a moment she felt like she should help her team mate, to unite their powers and hasten their escape - then stopped her train of thought. 

Sulov's got this.

Focusing on the hallway now she positioned herself such that she could see incoming trouble, while not directly in the line of fire herself, but without leaving the Toa of earth vulnerable to a shot in the back either. The room trembled slightly, the sound of battle audible from the opening of the corridor. Then she heard something approaching: A Voice. Clicking footsteps; she counted two pairs. Heavy ones, too. She concentrated on the voice. It was accented, but what stood out to her was a noise she recognized from previous encounters as teeth clacking together while forming certain letters.

Skakdi.

Abruptly the talking seized, very close-by now. Instinctively Leah assumed a ready stance, three heartlight flashes before their guests rounded the corner. Her guess had been right as far as the Skakdi was concerned, though her frame was slimmer and more hunched. The other she didn't recognize, but he was a brute. Then her observation was cut short. Eyes widening upon seeing the Maru, the Skakdi instantly raised an arm, firing the attached disk-launcher. Leah had already started moving, shifting her upper body to the side. She felt the disk nick her cheek as it whizzed past, even as she leveled her staff at the attackers and let loose with a concentrated blast of water.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Fyura's smirk briefly turned into panic as she was smacked by the high-pressure blast. She was blown off her feet, and flew until she slammed into Karnakie, behind her. Fyura used the Kaiakan to buoy herself and regain her footing. Okay, she should have expected that. Better water than fire, at least. Stepping out of the stream, Fyura grimaced at the Maru as her claws spread on the stone floor, tensing her body. She met the Toa Maru's eye's for a fraction of a second, and her toothy mouth started twisting into a grin.

Enemy! Bright! Meat!

"YAAAAAAAH!"

Like a wire snapping, Fyura leaped forward. Both hands on her axe, she brought it up to chop, throwing most of her body weight behind the strike.

"This view never gets old," remarked the carpenter.  For those who lived on the surface all their lives, sunsets were rarely special.  But for Nichou, a Onu-Koronan native, the sun's farewell had yet to dull, even after these past few years traveling on the surface.

The matoran smiled gently in shared appreciation with Nichou; the view had never grown pale for him, either. "And to think," he said over the sound of creaking pulleys and winding cogs, "this is our home. Wherever we go, wherever Destiny takes us, this is our home." 

He inhaled deeply, feeding off the turbulent and crisp air that blew through the Massif's alpine valley. "This is where the heart is, and that love of peace and tranquility gives us strength. Tell, do you feel the same?

IC:

"Absolutely," Nichou agreed, his eyes continuing to absorb the vista in front of him.  The Massif was a special place, a pastoral relic standing firm amidst centuries of change.  Tranquil was the perfect word to describe the town.  It lacked the roar of Ta-Koro's furnaces or the chirping of the Le-Koro's jungle.  There was no crash of waves against the beach and no echo of pickaxes in the distance.  While there was wind, it did not howl like it does through the corridors of Ko-Koro or barrage the skin like a Po-Wahi sandstorm.  There may not be titans of industry in the Massif, but there were no beggars either.  The Massif achieved a special balance that would be impossible to reach amidst the bustle of a large Koro.

A moment later, the platform jostled roughly and then came to an abrupt halt. The camerlengo rolled his eyes and muttered that not everything is as peaceful and wasted no time in getting off the elevator, quickly opening the gates and exiting onto the small landing of stone. The villager manning the mechanism seemed just as upset about the ungraceful end of the climb, but noticeably neither matoran seemed to have any ire over anything but the technology's shortcomings. The wind and height made the elevator dicey on the Massif's bluff, even though most elsewhere it would have been easy and gentle. 

"Let's make a note to get these lines tightened again," the camerlengo said to the engineer while Nichou disembarked, then quickly called for them to get off the landing and ascend the few flights of steps to gain the monastery above them. "I don't like heights," he shared before urgently leading the way. The wind, funneled through the tight passageway from the landing to the monastery, battered at his cloak and threw its voluminous blue cloth in every which way. He held his arms clasped tightly against his chest, but glimpses of his shiny body and bronzen mace weapon could be spied between flutters. 

As soon as they emerged from the stairs and reached the top of the mountain the wind ceased. The entire expanse of the valley met with the alpine majesty of Ko-Wahi and the brownstone edifice of the monastery stood serenely in between the two. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

Nichou followed the Fa-Matoran up the staircase, taking care with his footing.  I've never been a fan of heights either.  He was able to catch a glance at the matoran beneath the large cloak while the massive blue garment danced with the breeze.  A pair of bronze maces stood out from the dark, well-polished armor.  The camerlengo either knew some combat techniques or played an exceptionally large xylophone.  Nichou assumed the former.

After finishing their ascent of the stairs the duo was greeted with a view of the abbey.

"Hopefully we made it in time," the Onu-Koronan remarked.

IC (Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse):

Credit where credit is due, Fyura’s attack looked terrifying. Leah met her charge, bringing up her staff as the axe came down. Rather than blocking the fearsome blow outright, she used her tool to deflect it down past her side and to the floor. But she could still feel the impact all the way down to her heels. Sparks flew as the sharpened edge raced along the protodermis pole arm. With her opponent leaned forward and arms outstretched, the Toa used the unbalanced stance to her advantage and launched a powerful kick, aimed at the Skakdi’s midsection. Just then, she registered the unnatural lump of the Parakuka peaking out from the base of the spine.

‘Oh, Karz...‘

IC:

The Maru had parried her blow. Fyura had been hoping she would be able to use the hook of her axe to pull the staff away, but all she could do now was recover. As her opponent's kick connected, Fyura coughed out a fair amount of spittle, which sprayed along with the air forced from her lungs. She briefly considered the match-up; she had decent reach with her axe, but it was matched by the Maru's staff. Her eyes darted down; well, the Ga-Toa was already going for close-quarters, might as well follow suit.

Yes!

Fyura's snarl twitched into a smile as she dropped her axe and grabbed at the Maru's retreating leg.

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse basement]:

She was about to retreat back to a safe distance when she felt the Skakdi's hand clamp down on her ankle like a vice. This one was quick. In her minds eye the image of herself getting crushed in a lethal bearhug flashed and she decided she did not like that potential outcome. Instinct kicked in, the response no different than back in her Matoran days as a Rahi tamer with a Muaka unwilling to let go: Her staff anchored her to the ground, the claw on her ankle to her opponent. Using both she launched herself like a hairspring into a spinning kick with her free leg towards the Skakdi's face.

IC:

A lot happened very quickly. 

The first thing Lantz noticed was Skyra already fighting against the crushing weight of the gravity field Lantz had created around her. Her arm reaching for her gun, struggling to raise it to his level.

Then the excess gravity dissipated, no doubt due to one of the new incomers. 

Fortunately, in addition to a gravity field, Lantz had also reduced the effect of gravity on himself; so even at normal gravity, he weighed less than his opponents.  

Though he had been charging at Skyra he deftly jumped to the side and away from his target. He sailed across the room, and as he did so a Kanoka disk flew past him. It missed Lantz but succeeded in knocking away a blade from his hands and causing the Dark Toa to roll slightly off kilter. He managed to stick the landing against the wall, a good distance from Skyra, Skorm and the matoran, but immediately turned to face them and snarled. 

The fight had begun as a two against one, which already weren't the best odds. Now, it had become four against Lantz.

"Leave now, or I'll crush your bodies to dust!" he screamed at the Toa and Matoran.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

Azza thought about his journey to Ko-koro.  How he spent a few years working on fishing boats in Ga-wahi before spending the past several cutting and polishing lightstones in Onu-koro.  Azza remembered the day he realized his life felt incomplete, as if he were unaware of some purpose or task he alone was supposed to carry out.  That day, he finished cutting the large, glowing gem he was working on, then quit.  Azza sold his belongings and was on an ussal crab to ko-koro the next day.  Azza spent almost a year in Ko-koro.  At first, he tried socializing, but soon adopted the solemn lifestyle of the ice matoran and eventually became practiced in isolated mindfulness.  Meditation had become his sole task, his only mission.  

Living under the outlaw's rule had been a trial.  Azza had been mugged in the street dozens of times, his home broken into, what sparse possession he had were stolen, and was even forced to move once, after his old home was intentionally flooded and frozen shut.  

"- matoran!"  Someone was talking to him.  Azza remembered where he was.  His stiff figure rose off the ground while his frozen hands grabbed another disk.  The dark foe had jumped against a wall.  "He's able enough with his powers," Azza observed.  The toa of Air conjured a gale force that blasted the pinned shadow toa against the wall.  "I can't just stand around; the toa can't focus on me and the bad guys all at once.  I have to just act!"  Again, Azza launched a disk straight towards Lantz. Not a second after the disk's departure, Azza's fist was already grasping another projectile.

OOC:  Yo Toa Fanixe I am 100% gonna be around today and this week so you (and everyone else) can count on me to interact and affect the story! We having a showdown boi

Edited by Azibo

Yeah, that's what I thought. Even this animal wasn't stupid enough to simply let me shoot him, just pointing my weapon at him was enough to make him keep his distance. My blunderbuss went back in it's holster, for now. I just looked at the creature as it told us to leave or be reduced to dust but like, come on, it wasn't like we could just walk away. It was far too late for that. 

"I have a better idea, why don't you just run back to your master with your tail between your legs eh? Oh wait that's right, your master is dead. So sorry." I wasn't actually sorry. 

I pulled my sword out of the snow and earth and placed it back in it's sheathe. I wouldn't need my weapons, at least not just yet. My eyes glowed a bit as I raised my arms towards Lantz and summoned my elemental power, Lantz would suddenly feel intense wind pushing against him, pinning him against the nearby wall. Snow started to blow into him from the ground from the sheer force of the wind. 

"Hit him now, with everything you got!" I shouted to the others, I could only do this for so long after all. 

OOC Can someone help bring V into the action?

IC Veneras, the Lost Son of Ko Koro

The air warmed to the east. A deathly, sickening heat. The heat of battle. It had been a long year since he began his pilgrimage up the slopes of Mount Ihu. How he longed for the cold air of his home; to finally breathe again. Alas, he felt no such peace. The air was tainted by blood and pain.

The Koro! His home! There was battle, which meant conflict. He had long ago mourned the sacking of his second love, the only thing he had left. The Halls of the Sanctum, the Walls of Prophecy, his own house. All of it defiled, disgraced.

A smile crept across his mask as he broke into a sprint. He would return to the sacred Koro, and he would take it back.

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||