BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Eisen's situation was growing a little more complicated.

Stannis' attack was simple enough. The Fe-Toa's left foot dropped back, twisting his stance with it to bring his side out of the halberd's arc. Blocking a strike like that, force against force, was inefficient. An amateur would meet it, a seasoned professional knew better. His sword danced out, striking its haft to push the strike away even further from his body. The same backstep that shifted him out of harm's way interposed his shield arm between himself and his opponent, in case Stannis tried to follow up with a different strike. This was an opportunity, with the Po-Toa's weapon extended, that he would have preferred to capitalize on. 

But yet another Toa joined the fray, sparing his ally from Eisen's attack. A Kakama user, clearly. The cloak at Eisen's side snapped up like a thing alive, batting the board out of the air but the Sentinel was already closing in at great speed. By himself, little threat. But he could take precious attention that he needed in order to match the Maru. The time for restraint, for discretion, had rapidly disappeared. Obfuscation would serve no purpose if it brought him to harm. Stopping the Fe-Toa was almost an afterthought, a simple activation of his mask solved the problem. The Toa went from rapid forward motion to thrown backward, struck by a great unseen force, quickly enough to cause whiplash. Such a rapid change in acceleration wasn't good for the body. In the best case, he would need a moment to recover from the air being so violently forced from his lungs. And the feeling of hitting the ground. 

That was one problem solved, for the moment. But until the other followers in the village arrived, he was still outnumbered.

As much as he disliked Lantz, the Ba-Toa was keeping some of the other Toa occupied. That needed to continue. The enemy Fe-Toa would not be able to concentrate, not for a moment, so he 'grabbed' the same board he had thrown at Eisen by the nails and hurled it at the Toa of Air's head. She was so focused on pinning Lantz with her element, the Ba-Toa drawing her attention away from him, that she wouldn't see it coming until it was too late. It was too much to hope for that such an impact would kill her, but disrupt her? That it would do. And Lantz would again be free. Perhaps the Ba-Toa could be competent enough to use her disorientation to finish the job. The Matoran in the fray was brave, Eisen could admit that much. But if it was required, he would target the diminutive being in a heartbeat. It would occupy his attackers trying to save him. Lantz would make the same decision, he suspected.

He only needed to keep them all at bay for a few minutes. The tide of cultists and mercenaries was closing in, and then the tide would turn.

IC:

"Three minutes," Krayn hissed, using his element to ensure his allies could still hear him. His gaze was trained on the distant street, where the enemy was beginning to come into view. He could slow them, a little, but they were far too many to keep occupied for very long. "We all need to be ready to go by the-"

The Toa of Air jumping up onto the roof, an unconscious foreigner in tow, cut him off. The former Guardsman trained a revolver on his head immediately, finger on the trigger.

"And who are you?"

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

As soon as Fyura got a grip on the Maru, her energy drain kicked in. Fyura's hands glowed as she siphoned off strength from the Maru. She grinned for a split second, before the Maru's other foot nearly dislocated her jaw. Fyura crumpled to the floor, still maintaining her grip. Fyura crawled forward, grabbing at one of Leah's arms. If she could just get her in a lock, she was done for.

Of course, Vayde reminded her that there was a very easy way to quickly end this. Fyura mentally waved him off; if she could take down a Maru with naught but the gifts Makuta had given her, she'd be a legend. But, then again, she was only living a half-life.

Might as well.

Fyura's spines grew rigid and knobbly, and her entire body twisted. The bonded skakdi grinned as her face elongated and her shoulders bulked up. Her arms, already long, grew even longer to keep pace with the rest of her body, and her feet extended to digitigrade lengths. With her new strength, she tried to hold the Ga-Toa down as she bit at her, trying to gain an additional point to drain energy.

IC:

Cyrix raised his free hand above his head, taking a look at who was aiming something at his head. "Cyrix, Toa Kalta. I've been watching the Legacy long enough to know you aren't them, and I think we're on your side."

Below, Skorm was making his way towards Lantz, slowly. The looming Ba-Toa drew his saber. When Skyra commanded everyone to attack, he paused, quickly deciding on an approach that would be harder to deflect than simply using his powers to throw rock. Skorm, tensed, then warped gravity around him to augment a running jump, swinging his protosteel saber at the opposing Ba-Toa.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Stannis

Eisen's reaction to Stannis' attack may have been influenced and hampered by the attacks from the other heroes in the chamber, but regardless, he fit the expectations Stannis had for the swordsman. Eisen was too clever to use his sword to fully meet the halberd, and such a strategy was doomed anyhow as there was no way he could have resisted the power of such an attack with just his sword. Stannis already recognized that Eisen possessed no incredible strength such as what he had displayed by smashing the throw boulder away; his strength was an act assisted by unnatural means and Stannis was not afraid of it. Eisen, like every other man of the blade, had to rely on quickness and cunning.

Stannis apppeared to ignore the sight of the Sentinel, who he thought he recognized as Kale, who was flung back from Eisen seemingly effortlessly. The veteran Maru's focus was on Eisen, and specifically understanding what he was up against before the tides became less muddled and all the advantages Stannis was enjoying fell away. Sooner or later, this fight was to become more singular, he knew. There was no way the resurgent freedom fighters in Ko-Koro could keep their minor foothold.

Simultaneous with Kale being thrown back like a doll, Stannis acted. His halberd was a comparatively large weapon, but he handled it deftly. Eisen had directed the tip of the polearm away and pulled his shield up in a protective stance, and in response Stannis simply disengaged from Eisen's sword side, moved a step to the opposite side, and swerved the weapon's blade low on Eisen's shield flank, threatening to slice his unprotected ankles with an effortlessness Eisen couldn't have expected from a toa known for his almost lumbering speed.

Determined to gain even the slightest advantage against his foe, Stannis hoped to leverage every opportunity he had to fuly gauge Eisen's abilities. His tellnothing damnably grey eyes still drank Eisen in—his every move, gesture, and strategy—hoping to find something to exploit later, and bored into Eisen’s own eyes.

IC: Sigrus, the Camerlengo

"Hopefully we made it in time," Nichou said.

The bells tolled then, relaying the time of day down to the village and across mio in every direction in a chiming cacophony. The camerlengo inclined his head towards the belltower. "We did," he said with a proud little grin, then went for a side entrance into the brownstone monastery.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Upvote 1

IC: Arankhe

Everyone had, for the moment, seemingly chosen to ignore Arankhe's presence in the warehouse. More the fool were they. She had planned on joining the apparent offensive dogpile her allies, and a handful of other newcomers that had arrived to help, were making against Lantz.
That was, until Kale became a ragdoll physics display sailing through the air. Her priority here was keeping her allies on their feet, not taking anyone down. That was secondary, and there was already several enough people fighting.

Arankhe jolted into motion, boots thumping into the ground as she reached out to catch Kale with her sword arm, making sure her blade was angled nowhere that could hurt him. Skewering her own allies was both humiliating and counter-productive, after all.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse basement]:

There was a brief moment of dizziness, like that second after standing up too fast, the Skakdi’s hands glowing.

So that’s your trick...

She had to break the physical contact. Then her opponent grinned and her body started to shift, the parakuka triggering its parasitic abilities. While she didn’t manage to yank her foot from the iron hold on her ankle, the transformation still took enough time that the Toa could bring up her weapon and shove it into the oncoming open jaws.

Drain this...

The only thing the Skakdi would get a mouthful of was the end of her protodermis staff - and the blast of water she triggered at point blank.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Skyra

What happened? Those were the first thoughts that came into my head as I found myself collapsed on the cold, snowy ground. I honestly couldn't remember how I got down here. I let out an involuntary groan as my hands immediately went to the left side of my head, I felt sharp pain with sudden intensity. What was going on here? What had I been doing again? 

Ah...that's right. We were attacking that mongrel... I'd been pinning the beast to that wall, but that still didn't explain what had happened to me though. A glance towards my left cleared that up pretty quickly. There laying in the snow as a now bloody board with some nails in it. Wait blood?! Whose blood!?

I pulled a hand away from my aching head and figured it out. Ah...of course. This revelation only seem to serve in making me feel worse however as I tried to sit up, I felt dizzy. got me good...

!!! Despite the pain I immediately went on alert, looking around, I was extremely vulnerable right now...this was really bad. Still clutching my head wound with my left hand, my right went for my hoster. I was in pain and dizzy, but I could still shoot someone if they got too close...once. Things are only gonna get worse from here, aren't they? 

A loud, yet distant cry of a Kahu considerably improved my mood. Destiny was coming, it wouldn't be long now. There was a way for the others to escape! Just have to hold out a little longer...

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

A chunk of scrap flew past Azza before connecting with the head of the Le toa.  She went down, hard.  The maelstrom forcing Lantz against the wall was subsiding, but first, Azza's disk cut through the icy air and slammed into the toa of gravity- or at least it would have, had he not raised his arms to block the Kanoka.  But while the dark toa was defending himself from Azza's disk, another toa of gravity used his powers to shoot himself like an arrow straight towards Lantz!

Azza stopped reaching for another disk, instead falling back on his butt.  He was tired, and the adrenaline pumping through his purple and black body was starting to weaken.  He sat and looked; to his left, Eisen and Stannis were rapidly exchanging blows, to his right, this one evil toa was pinned and seemingly on the verge of defeat.  Azza had tried to affect the battle, but seemed only to be mildly distracting his foes.  Still, he hoped that last disk would grant just the opening needed to finish of Lantz.  Everyone could surround Eisen, then.  So Azza sat, and looked, and waited.  Either the gravity toa on the wall would surrender or be killed by the gravity toa soaring towards him, or the heroes would be stalled until too many Makuta worshipers arrived, dooming them all to death- or worse.  Azza's resolve strengthened, and though his hands were numb he knew they were balled into fists.  Azza waited for the right moment to involve himself in the fight again...

Edited by Azibo

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC Veneras

The fight for Ko Koro. The fight of Veneras' life. 

Long had he studied in the halls of the sanctum, long had he patrolled the walls of its gates. Long had he mourned for her loss. Long had he dreamed of her liberation. For Ko Koro; for Mata Nui. 

The minions of the darkness would be in no short supply, but this was his home. He was in his element, and he would have his revenge. 

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC:

When Fyura felt the staff being shoved into her mouth, she instinctively bit down to prevent it from choking her out. She hadn't tested that in the transformation, but she was pretty sure she still needed to breath. Fortunately for her teeth, her new strength was enough to let her jaw hold the staff; unfortunately for her, it wasn't the end of it.

Despite her added bulk, Fyura was still bowled back by the sudden spout of water. She clambered to her feet, vomiting up what water she had accidentally swallowed. Spotting her axe, she grabbed that with one hand and slid back on the handle, handling it much easier than she had when she dropped it to grapple the Toa.

Spitting out one last mouthful of water, the Skakdi grinned, dripping wet. "Karnak, it was rude of me not to ask you which of our guests you wanted to accomodate."

IC Veneras

The gate around Ko Koro was impregnable. Or, so the Ko Koronans would have you believe. As a member of the Sanctum Guard, Veneras was privy to the secret tunnels and passageways. As he shimmied through a passageway-which he swore was once much larger- he remembered hiding as a Matoran in here to have a quick draft of his pipe.

The air was cold. Not cold in a comforting way; not cold as Ko Koro should be. This was different. This was darkness. Nothingness. Void.
"Makuta" he hissed to himself. The pagans were here. A sudden clammer came from one of the warehouses. He turned quickly to face the decrepit building, preparing to charge.  Veneras took a quick look around, fear taking that usual residence in the back of his neck. He had to shake it off. He came here to take back his home, and conflict meant a chance to fight. He only hoped he would know who was the enemy.

A small cluster of bodies lay writhing in the snow outside the warehouse, that seemed like as good a path as any. Veneras cautiously made his towards the entrance, careful not to disturb the recovering invaders.

Battle! Finally. As a philosopher, Veneras feigned a distaste for violence; but he was still a toa, still a warrior. He cursed himself for the grin that edged at just the corner of his lips; the briefest expression of joy. Looking to his left he drew his sword and--

It can’t be…’

Stannis Maru. Veneras took an instinctive step back. He had never been in the presence of one so great. He looked to the right to see more combat. Once again he readied his sword and- Clank a sudden noise demanded the Ko Toa’s attention.

Where did that come from?” he demanded under his breath, tempted to shout and further compromise his less-than-stealthy entrance. He took a quick look around. In the dim light he saw little, and just as he began to redirect his attention to the battle of gravity the shadows began to shift. He redirected his sword at the unidentified shape rising to its feet. A Matoran? What was he doing here? Veneras surveyed his fellow warriors in the throes of battle, then shifted his attention back to the matoran. “Karz!” he spat. Veneras wanted to involve himself in the battle; to save his home from these Makuta Worshipers. He wanted to fight. But he was a Toa. He was sworn to protect the Matoran. What he wanted no longer mattered.

He placed his hand gently on the black and purple matoran’s shoulder, “Come on," he whispered encouragingly, "I’m getting you out of here

--Character Profiles--

IC:

The Toa of Nuissance - or Air, rather - had been battered down with Eisen's help. Perhaps Lantz would thank his fellow Dark Toa for the aid after they'd killed these Toa invaders and the Maru leaders. Or perhaps he wouldn't. Lantz had some time to decide. 

What he didn't have time for, however, was to think.

Skyra may have been near concussed and bumbling on the floor with her blunderbuss but that still left the the intruders room to manoeuvre and attack. The Matoran had thrown a disk, and Lantz' opposite Toa of Gravity was lunging at him with a sabre. One of Lantz' own blades had fallen to the floor, which left three more on his person.

Running more on instinct than actual cognitive thinking, Lantz activated his Kanohi and whipped out a dagger. His Jutlin degraded the throwing disk as it flew through the air, and when it finally hit him it disintegrated into dust. The metal dagger, on the other hand, parried Skorm's blade and led it down a path to the side of Lantz' body. The sabre didn't kill him, but it did manage to cut a long and thin wound down Lantz' arm not holding the dagger.

He growled at the searing pain and spat at Skorm.

"Filthy Mata-Nui worshipper! You shall fall like your false god!" he hissed.

Lantz didn't bother to become locked in a sword fight with Skorm. Instead, he seamlessly reduced his own weight and jumped - practically soared - across the room. He used his powers again mid-flight on a new target, the kanoka-throwing Matoran, reducing Azza's weight as well. He hooked his arm beneath Azza and the pair began to soar a few feet away, toward the wall of the warehouse. Lantz started to return his weight to normal before he even started descending.

He lifted his dagger toward Azza, though it was still several handbreadths from the Matoran's neck.

"Ba Toa, Le toa, all you self-righteous fools. Stop moving, or this Matoran's story ends now."

Edited by Toa Fanixe
  • Upvote 1

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Azza was tired.  Tired of going to sleep every night fearful of how he might wake.  Tired of the abuse of those Makuta worshipers who plagued the city.  Tired of his detachment from the world of Mata Nui.  Most of all, Azza was tired from his perilous dash towards freedom.  The parts of his body not too frozen to feel were aching.  Azza saw the two gravity powerhouses lock against the wall.  He wanted to get up, to fight again, but he couldn't.  Azza sat in the bloody slush.  Out of the corner of his Rau, he saw Stannis Maru engage Eisen once more, but before his head stopped turning, all his senses became a blur.  Azza felt a Kane-Ra charge into his chest.  Then only the wall behind him and the knife at his throat.

"Ba Toa, Le toa, all you self-righteous fools. Stop moving, or this Matoran's story ends now."

Azza looked out at the half-dozen fighters assembled.  The tracks on the floor.  Smashed crates, even craters in the floor.  Cautiously, he tilted his eyes up enough to see Lantz's proud chin protruding from under his Jutlin.  Instinctively, Azza shuddered at his power and tried to make himself as small as possible- to go away, back to a safe place.  When his eyes looked down, though, he caught the eyes of someone new, and this stranger reached out and placed a gentle hand on his shoulder.

Come on, I’m getting you out of here.

Azza couldn't fight anymore.  He let this toa of ice's hand suddenly grip and yank his limp body.  In a flash, Azza was free from Lantz' blade- but not Lantz himself.  Lantz reacted with a grab just as quick as the first, except he didn't attach himself to Azza's shoulder.  Lantz held Azza by his mask, so when he pulled to take his hostage back, he instead ripped off Azza's Rau!  Lantz stumbled back half a step, while Azza fell into his rescuer and they both fell back into the crevice between those large, neglected crates and the wall.  His senses began to blur once more...

Edited by Azibo
  • Upvote 1

In a world where heroes and villains battle for the fate of the universe‚ some people have normal lives and work normal jobs... Zimixes

IC:

Lantz hadn't seen the Toa of Ice enter the warehouse, nor had he seen him approach himself the Matoran hostage. When Veneras yanked Azibo away Lantz nearly dropped his dagger, reflexively reaching forward with his other arm to grab at Azibo and prevent him from being rescued. He was a fraction of a second too slow - the Matoran slipped through Lantz' fingers, his fingers grasping for anything, something - his mask! - to keep the hostage close. And then the Matoran was gone, too far, pulled away from Lantz reach. But the Dark Toa's hand had found something, clenched it in a strong grip.

The Matoran's Kanohi.

He placed it carefully beneath his tunic nestled by his chest, hiding it from view.

"Leave this place now and I will spare your lives today. Perhaps I'll even give back the pitiful Matoran his mask. Stay, and your lives are forfeit" he told the assembled Toa.

ooc: Apologies about the previous post. I think I had some ideas of what I wanted to do, but I didn't quite write it out properly and made it seem pretty bad. I edited to fit with Azibo's post. Sorry again.

• Upvote 1

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC Veneras

The Toa of Ice wavered as the matoran fumbled back onto him, forcing Veneras off his feet. He watched in silent observation as the other hid the matoran’s mask away beneath his shameful tunic.

"Leave this place now and I will spare your lives today.” The toa growled. Veneras couldn’t hide his disgust, try as he might. The Toa of gravity -although Veneras couldn’t even be sure that it was a Toa- was uncomfortable to look at. Twisted. Wrong. Beastial. His legs curved like some primitive rahi. Ven tried to gain his composure; he could not allow himself to become distracted by the outward appearance. Until the other showed him his mind was equally primitive, he would show the rahi-toa dignity. “Perhaps I'll even give back the pitiful Matoran his mask. Stay, and your lives are forfeit"

The philosopher furrowed his eyes, studying the other

‘He has the opportunity for violence, but forgoes it.’ He observed to himself. ‘His body stance holds’ his internal monologue paused, searching for the right words ‘hesitant aggression.’ he continued, ‘It remains unclear if this hesitation is from tact or cowardice. More information is required.’ The former Sanctum Guardsman got to his feet, still holding the now-weakened matoran in his arms hoping to make an obvious target for a sudden gravitational increase.

“I will not.” He said with the cool calm befitting a Toa of his own elemental disposition. “This place” He gestured with his chin, using the soft rotation of his neck to imply the entire area surrounding “is sacred. Consecrated, if you will.” His voice remained cool, with an upward tonal movement at the end of each sentence, the firmness of his consonants contrasting to the milky fade of his vowels; more suitable to a lecture or the friendly debate of old friends than the dialogue of combat.

“Instead, I suggest that you leave this place. I’m sure you will find it is of no value to you. It requires a certain… wisdom to appreciate.” he articulated calmly, “Which your kind clearly lacks.” His words didn’t mean to offend, but also did not make an effort avoid provocation, he simply valued truth over tact. He locked eyes with his opponent with genuine respect, patiently awaiting his response.

Ooc: on mobile. I'll go in and edit the format when I get off work.

Fanixe, thanks for rolling with the punches! Appreciate your help keeping things moving. Btw, I'm really interested to see where this goes.

--Character Profiles--

IC:

The Onu-Koronan followed the camerlengo through the side entrance.  The door was so mundane compared to the surrounding view that Nichou had never taken much notice of it before in his time at the Massif.  Past the corridor was a cramped hallway, at the opposite end of which was a room where several bookshelves could be seen under the dim glow of lightstones, each row laden with tidily aligned books.  The stone walls of the passageway were barren, the smooth surface only interrupted by the occasional opening leading to an equally obscure hallway.  The camerlengo abrubtly took a left turn, blue cloak fluttering behind the matoran as he ascended a spiral staircase.  Nichou continued to follow, trying to keep pace with the camerlengo.  At every full rotation of the stairs was a porthole blowing the crisp breeze into the narrow staircase.  Nichou wasn't sure how many steps the two matoran had walked, or how many were left before their destination.  Hopefully the stairs would end soon, but he did not know whether that would happen after rounding the next corner or a dozen more.  The camerlengo managed to keep a brisk pace, seemingly never once unsure of which unmarked doorway was their destination.

"You haven't told me your name," interjected the carpenter, his voice rising above the echoes of their footsteps.

IC:

Quoribay could still hear the alarms blaring from the warehouse district.  The sounds of battle could be heard in the distance - and not the usual sounds of conflict - muggings, murder, gang battles, etc. that happened on occasion in the new Ko-Koro.  Clearly this was growing bigger. Unfortunately for the Fe-matoran, the battle wasn't big enough to draw all the guards away from the sanctum.  While walking near the entrance he could still see several of the usual guards on patrol, and particularly alert, given the chaos unfolding in the warehouse district at the moment.  Quoribay cursed under his breath at his misfortune.  If he had a full crew, this would be the perfect time to get a peek at the sanctum's treasury, but even with half the guards scrambling to reinforce their comrades fighting the invaders, the risk was too high if he attempted to raid the sanctum alone.  Even in the unlikely scenaro where he was able to incapacitate or sneak by the assortment of skakdi, toa, lesterin, and vortixx continuing to patrol the sanctum, Quoribay did not know the layout or have any guarantee he could find and extract any loot.  Karz, for all he knew, Echelon never stored any loot there.  Given his history of schemes, Echelon would probably put his stash somewhere else...

Out of sight, so as to avoid being an obvious target...

Or maybe...

It was hidden in plain sight?

Like one of a dozen warehouses in a run down industrial district?

One currently under attack?

The thief gave one last glance at the snarling skakdi standing guard at the gates to the sanctum before turning around and making his way towards the chaos. 
He wasn't sure what gang had found Echelon's secret stash, but if they were winning he might be able to join their heist.  And if not.. well, he was just as much of a merc as the guards fighting to keep control, and surely Echelon would throw in a hefty bonus for repelling the attackers.  Either way, if anyone bites the dust in the skirmish, they wouldn't be needing their wallets any longer.

Edited by BULiK
  • Upvote 1

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 3 weeks later...

IC:

Lantz cocked his head at the Toa that had just spoke back to him. He scratched his head.

Were all "good" Toa really so stupid? Ko-Koro was now a Legacy stronghold. Despite whatever temporary advantage the Matru and their allies had in the warehouse, soon Lantz reinforcements would arrive and squash the invaders. But, Lantz supposed, the longer this conversation this went on, the longer Eisen had to dispose of Stannis, and the sooner help would get there.

"Hmm, well, let me think about that......I'm going to have to say decline your offer. Here's my counteroffer to your counteroffer. ​You all leave, or I'll rip you apart first" Lantz said, pointing a finger at the Toa of Ice.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC Veneras

The Toa of ice hung his head briefly in remorse. "Such foolishness" shaking his head as he raised it back up. The Toa slung the Matoran in his back and drew his staff.

"A pity. Too much blood has been spilled already in this Holy Land." He struck the ground with the blunt end and ice began to take it's root. It twisted and curled in angry fractals toward the other Toa's feet coating the floor in a pesky lair of slippery ice. While not a truly damaging attack it would force the other to move slowly and decrease reaction time lest they lose their footing. A favorite opening tactic of his.

He extended the spikes on his boots for better grip, hoping the Matoran would not hinder him. "I had hoped to avoid bloodshed," he repeated, "but the Makuta worshippers have tainted this mountain long enough" he angled his polearm in attack position

--Character Profiles--

IC:

A pair of eyes scanned the skirmish outside the warehouse.  It could see a toa holding two others at gunpoint on a nearby rooftop, and several more beings of all shapes and sizes clashing around the entrance to the warehouse, with two toa in particular staring each other down, one apparently either protecting or kidnapping a matoran.  While it was clear some of those in the battle had taken their fair share of hits, Quoribay didn't see anyone incapacitated yet, so apparently he wasn't too late to the party.  The easternmost door to the warehouse had been breached, and appeared to be the choke point that the Legacy wanted to keep closed to cut off any escape from the crew inside, with the others on the outside attempting to break through to extract their teammates.

Quoribay had seen enough to know that he wasn't going to get far if he tried to get in through that entrance.  He dashed across the streets to the southern wall of the warehouse, then began to circle around towards the western side.  The thief hoped that the brawlers to the east were too busy to notice a lone matoran on his way to the warehouse, or at least too focused on their opponents to be able to intercept him.

Edited by BULiK

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 1 month later...

IC:

The Onu-Koronan followed the camerlengo through the side entrance.  The door was so mundane compared to the surrounding view that Nichou had never taken much notice of it before in his time at the Massif.  Past the corridor was a cramped hallway, at the opposite end of which was a room where several bookshelves could be seen under the dim glow of lightstones, each row laden with tidily aligned books.  The stone walls of the passageway were barren, the smooth surface only interrupted by the occasional opening leading to an equally obscure hallway.  The camerlengo abrubtly took a left turn, blue cloak fluttering behind the matoran as he ascended a spiral staircase.  Nichou continued to follow, trying to keep pace with the camerlengo.  At every full rotation of the stairs was a porthole blowing the crisp breeze into the narrow staircase.  Nichou wasn't sure how many steps the two matoran had walked, or how many were left before their destination.  Hopefully the stairs would end soon, but he did not know whether that would happen after rounding the next corner or a dozen more.  The camerlengo managed to keep a brisk pace, seemingly never once unsure of which unmarked doorway was their destination.

"You haven't told me your name," interjected the carpenter, his voice rising above the echoes of their footsteps.

IC: "Sigrus," he said, then froze mid-step in thought. The wooden floorboards creaked softly from holding the matoran's weight. "I suppose we haven't actually introduces ourselves, have we? I must have mistaken the village's air of friendliness with familiarity. I know who you are, after all—though that is partly my job, yes.

"So, I am Sigrus, camerlengo of the Massif, formerly of Ga-Koro, and you are Nichou, carpenter, formerly of Onu-Koro," he said, and stretched a hand out to shake. "Well met?"

IC:

The Onu-matoran's hand extended to complete the handshake.  It wasn't the best handshake Nichou ever gave, but given that the two matoran were at different elevations on the staircase, it could have been worse.

"Yes, thank you for the clarification, Sigrus," Nichou replied.  "It must have been a harsh acclimation process to go from living near the warm beaches of Ga-Wahi to being on the borders of Ko-Wahi.  What did you do in Ga-Koro before you made your way here?"

Edited by BULiK

IC: Sigrus

"I was a wayfinder in my previous life and spent most of my time at sea, and the sea can be bitterly cold in places, so no, it did not take much for me to get used to the chill here. To the elevation, however, and the thinness of the air: Yes, as you know.

"Now come, we're almost there."

Sigrus led Nichou down the rest of the winding staircase and finally down a short brownstone-floored landing that split into three doorways emblazoned with different sigils. He pushed at the door with the emblem of a candelabra, and as the latch gave the light of a thousand candles radiated into the small space. 

The innermost chapel of the monastery, the place held sacred to many who worshipped Mata Nui and where tears and blood were shed, was bathed in the warm luminescence of the many candles. It was a hexagonal chamber with a handful of simple pews that faced a shrine of the Three Virtues. The room was not broad, but was high, and the ceiling, a distant roof ornately decorated with a fresco depicting the coming of the First Toa, seemed to be many bio above the matoran's heads. The walls of the space were ringed by even more lamps, fastidiously cared by a couple of silent monks whose only purpose was to ensure the constancy of the flames. 

Seated in the pews were a few villagers, and, looming larger than life, the Toa-Protector himself. The dark giant Brykon's eyes were shut, but there was no mistaking his state of vigilance—the ancient greatsword that served as the talisman of his office was still strapped to his back even in prayer. The chamber in which they meditated was the same that the former leader Antrim had been murdered in a year prior, and duty, if not caution, was of the utmost importance. 

Duty was the same virtue that pulled Sigrus and his ward to the monastery then. Sigrus gestured to the benches to indicate they should sit, and a short while later a bell tolled a second time and the other matoran left. A moment later, it was only Sigrus, Nichou, the candle-tending monks, and the still-as-stone Brykon. 

• Upvote 2

IC:

Nichou followed Sigrus's suggestion and slowly took a seat at the center of a stone pew, taking care to not disturb the silence that permeated the chamber.  The short flames adorning each candle danced individually, their discordant motions uniting to illuminate the room in a constantly shifting ethereal glow.  The light came from all directions, each candle constantly counteracting the shadows hiding from the candle on the other side of the symmetrical room.  Nichou could see Brykon sitting on the opposite end of the chapel, and although the toa's eyes were shut in meditation, Nichou presumed that the toa was by no means unaware of the two matoran's arrival.  Nichou had not spoken with the Massif's guardian about anything besides the occasional greeting or report about his work creating shelter for refugees that fled Ko-Koro during it's siege by the Legacy of Makuta.  Nichou remembered the mourning period of after the unfortunate death of Antrim, and how Brykon took great care to prepare the funeral arrangements and solemnly continued Antrim's mission to defend the Massif.

Nichou tilted his head towards the floor and closed his eyes, suddenly sensing nothing but the whisper of the flames, the faint breaths of those around him, and the flat surface of the stone seat.  Stone.  Nichou's thoughts turned to Kyhra, the Po-matoran Nichou met on an extended trip to Po-Koro over a year ago.  The pair quickly grew to be unlikely friends.  The last time Nichou saw his friend, Kyhra was on a trip to Ko-Koro as Nichou was on the last leg of his journey to the Massif.  Besides a single letter shortly after his arrival, Nichou never heard from Kyhra again.  Given the lockdown surrounding the assassination of the Akiri and the subsequent invasion by followers of Makuta, Nichou feared the worst.  Either the po-matoran was among Echelon's hostages, or he did not sur-

A bell rung, momentary interrupting Nichou's train of thought.  He could hear the shuffling feet of other matoran getting up and leaving the room, followed by the sound of the door turning shut.  The chamber's silence quickly thickened, and Nichou's mind continued to ponder as his thoughts returned to the comrades he adventured with - warm memories of their travels and fellowship, solemn remembrances of their parting, and the mysteries of their paths after him.  Nichou wished that each of their journeys would fare well, even if the fates of many were unknown to the Onu-matoran.

The chapel's silence endured, the Onu matoran dared not interrupt the sacred pause, where all appeared still and at peace, with the room giving a reprieve from the rush of the outside world.  There are places and times for working and resting, but this place was neither, it was the sanctuary where there was balance.

Edited by BULiK
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

This was getting stupid. And if I was thinking that, the situation had to be pretty bad. My head was pounding and I felt like passing out, or throwing up, or both. Destiny was almost here, but it felt like it was taking an eternity.

And this moron of a toa was only making things worse! "H-Hey! Yeah I mean you ice boy! Shut the up and retreat, this battle isn't going to turn out well for us good guys!" As if my bleeding head and slurred speech wasn't giving that away.

I was about to yell at him some more when the wind suddenly intensified as the loud flapping of wings could be heard as a great bird landed somewhere behind me. It was Destiny, my faithful steed! Thank the Great Beings, we could get out of here. 

I let out a gasp as the pounding in my head intensified, my vision went hazy for a moment, and I realised that somehow I was no longer sitting up, but just lying in the snow, staring at sky. "Oh...oh...this...this isn't...good...help...

IC:

A flurry of emotions ran through Casanuva's head.

Not good enough. 

For a moment, all he could do was look around, looking from Vakua, to Aelied, to Dakte and Mako, back in the direction of Ko-Koro.

I did nothing.

The Fa-Toa took a moment to center himself, to steel his worst fears.

Not another failure.

"Something's obviously happening over there. I'm going after them. I don't want to disobey you, Aelied, but I'm not going to stand by as he... my brother and Soraph wander into one of the most dangerous places on the island."

I love her.

He took a few steps back, so he could address everybody. "We've seen where being divided gets us. The first Virtue is Unity, for Nui's sake!" Casanuva focused on Aelied. The Bo-Toa was unreadable. "With all due respect, master, I'm going. I'm going to find Soraph, and drag her back to safety if necessary."

Do you really?

"When I stop talking, I'm turning around and marching straight to Ko-Koro. If anybody here wants to stop me, tough, you're not gonna. If anyone here wants to join me in joining their fellow Kalta," he said at Zueya, Vakua, and Kalyss, "or their clanmate," he said to Dakte and Mako, "you can follow. If not, I don't hold it against you. Soraph's a big girl, and Skorm's a bigger guy. But I'm not leaving them alone with whatever's going down in Bad Guy Central."

Zueya stepped forward. "I'm going with. I've been inside there, I know what it's like." Timidly, she looked to Vakua and Kalyss. "Vakua, I know there's still a bounty on you, but we'll all stand with you. You know that."

Rolling her shoulders and neck, Kalyss stepped forward. "Are you kidding? I've been waiting forever for a chance to run over there and start dishing out a little justice. I've been helping out here, I know the damage they've caused."

Casanuva looked to Aelied, standing calm and still. He was silent, and when he opened his mouth, Aelied cut him off.

"I won't stop you. But I will stay here, for now. The rest of you are more than enough of a rescue force, if such a thing is necessary. The same, I bid you good luck."

Not ideal. Still, their loyalty to their team was not undermining his authority; putting his foot down here would be a pointless exercise, and would fracture the team dynamic. And if something happened... well, he had contingencies.

IC (Ageru Dakte, Ihu-Koro)

"I'm coming," said Dakte firmly. "I am sworn to protect Vilda Soraph, and that is what I intend to do."

:We should never have let her slip away,: he ideatalked to Mako. :I think you should stay, Datsue. If what they've said about this 'Ko-Koro' is true, it's too dangerous.:

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Leah [Ko-Koro Warehouse cellar]

"Karnak, it was rude of me not to ask you which of our guests you wanted to accomodate."

Leah tilted her head. "You got it wrong. I'm no guest - I'm housekeeping."

As the end of her staff tapped the floor by her feet, the water she'd pumped into the walls previously to soften them up, burst forth from where she had redirected it into the ground, blasting a mixture of mud and frozen shrapnel at her opponents in the doorway. 

"And it's time to wash away the dirt."

• Upvote 1

IC:

The Po-Toa was fast.

It was… Certainly inconvenient. Obfuscation took a distant back seat to pragmatism, and the imminent risk of losing a foot was not to be ignored. So his Kanohi activated, again, and stopped the halberd a matter of inches from his ankle. Not just stopped, but actively shoved away; with any luck, between the jolt and subsequent force, the weapon might actually be rent from his grip. Either way, the sudden wrenching motion would force his guard aside. Not for long. The Toa was much too quick for that. But perhaps enough…

Keeping his shield in close, in case Stannis recovered his guard more quickly than anticipated, Eisen made a quick, exploratory stab at the Maru’s shoulder. It wouldn’t be grievous, not anywhere close, but if it landed it would inconvenience the other Toa.

That was largely what it would come down to. Stannis was unlikely to reach Eisen, not unless he could discern the exact nature of the Crast in the next few moments. Without knowledge of its mechanics, he couldn’t determine its weaknesses. But the Po-Toa’s defense was solid, working in a counterattack where he could. With the aid of the other outsiders, Stannis had been able to keep the swordsman on the back foot. But now it was back down to one on one, and Eisen could begin to press.

Time was on his side, now that his allies had moved to intercept the other Maru. He just needed to try and make Stannis bleed, and work from there. Already, the sound of approaching reinforcements could meet his ear, even above the din of battle. Time was running out.

IC:

The next words out of Krayn’s mouth were crass, even by the standards of the situation. What had been a chaotic, if potentially advantageous, situation was rapidly turning against them. The cultists’ reinforcements had begun to arrive, even if they weren’t yet in range to act. Daring was down. Perhaps Kale, too, he couldn’t evaluate the Toa’s state while Arankhe was holding him.

Destiny was here, though. It was time to leave.

“I haven’t got time to argue.” The De-Toa said, pointing the revolver’s barrel away from Cyrix’s head. “We all need to get out of here. Now.”

A quick evaluation of the number of people in need of evacuation proved… Bleak. Triage was necessary, and immediate. Wounded needed to get out first, people of import second, and everyone else would get to fend for themselves with Plan B. Krayn got to his feet, paying little heed to maintaining a low profile; stealth was an issue long past.

“That bird leaves in three minutes,” He pointed at Destiny with the tip of the knife in his left hand, eyes fixed on Cyrix. “With Daring and Ironshaper. Get that alien on it, or get her out of here. It’ll get her to Ihu. If you’ll excuse me, I have to save the island’s worst boss.”

Without another word, Krayn dropped low and fired a shot in the direction of the incoming reinforcements. One dropped, a new hole in their head, but it wouldn’t do much to thin the herd that would arrive in mere moments. The Toa stayed low, and sprinted towards where Daring lay on the ground. No one was paying her much mind, fortunately, else he wouldn’t have been able to reach her. Getting her to Destiny might still be an issue.

“Daring,” He commented calmly, shouldering the prone Le-Toa taking great care to keep his gun hand free and raised. “If I make it out of here, I’m going to kill you. Stay conscious. You need to tell Destiny where to go.”

“Arankhe, get Kale to the Gukko! We’re getting out of here.”

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

If it hadn't been for Krayn lifting me up, I would have lost consciousness then and there. The sudden movement had snapped me back to reality, at least for now. I almost laughed when he spoke to me, despite it not being funny at all.

Great...I'm starting to get delirious...

I nodded at Krayn as best I could, pressing my left hand against my head. "Can't say I blame you...sorry..." I had the feeling I was going to have to say sorry quite a few times after this...if I made it out alive anyway. "I'll...make sure Destiny gets us out of here." 

IC:

Quoribay had successfully rounded warehouse without causing much commotion.  Now on the western side, opposite from the breach made by the Maru and the resulting battle, Quoribay was ready to enter the building without being caught in the crossfire at the other entrance.  While the remaining guards had rotated the eastern side of the building, like Quoribay had suspected, there was another issue - the gates hadn't been blasted open like on the eastern side.  The matoran had no chance at opening the large, padlocked warehouse door on his own.  However, there was a regular sized service entrance right beside it, which Quoribay quickly discovered was locked.  The Fe-Matoran had the equipment to pick the lock, but there was no time for that - he could already hear the marching of legacy reinforcements approaching and the sharp crack of gunshots.

The thief could only think of one way to quickly get inside the building from this side, and while it was crude, it just might work.  He took out his vial of Stralix powder, twisted the lid off, and carefully poured the volatile crystalline grains into the door's lock.  When the lock's mechanism appeared full of powder, Quoribay fastened the lid on the vial and stowed it back with the rest of his gear.  He broke off a large icicle that hung from a lightstone lamp overhead and took a deep breath.

I can't believe I'm really doing this.

He jammed the icicle into the lock, the impact detonating the photothermic powder within.  Shards of the icicle peppered against Quoribay's right arm, with only a stub of the icicle remaining intact in his hand.  The door, now missing a knob and lock, swung open to reveal the inside of the warehouse.

I can't believe that actually worked.

Quoribay could see two toa locked in combat at the other entrance.  Hopefully they were too busy to care about a matoran breaking and entering the other side of the warehouse, but blowing the door open wasn't exactly a subtle entrance.  Otherwise, the room looked relatively empty.  Well, there were some bodies lying on the wet floor, but they weren't what the thief was looking for.  For this warehouse to be so heavily guarded, it must be where Ko-Koro's treasury was located.  Quoribay could see a trapdoor open near the center of the room, perhaps that was the way to his new fortune?

IC: Arankhe

Arankhe's armoured visage simply acknowledged Krayn's order with a nod. Kale held in the crook of her shield arm to keep her sword free she advanced--or rather, withdrew--towards the Gukko, heavy footfalls going mostly unheard in the cacophony of battle. She sharply turned to raise her shield, the bolts of a Legacy soldier's gun ricocheting off into the ceiling. Superficial scorch marks. She'd have to polish those off later. Always annoying getting into the narrow cuts of the runic carvings, however. Trigger still held down she pressed on, finally thumping her way to the bird.

She glanced at the oncoming reinforcements, and then to Krayn and Skyra.
"Is miss Skyra alright?" she called.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Stannis Maru

Stannis’ face remained impassive as a statue, but if Eisen we’re looking at it he would have seen what could have been the smallest telltale twitch of a smile... Stannis was onto him.

The Maru's focus had been on Eisen almost the whole while, and in that time he had come to a realization. The toa’s Kanohi remained a mystery but so did the mysterious force that somehow protected him, and Stannis had concluded the mysteries were one and the same. The details of this power were still unknown, but he had to assume that Eisen was still only a toa with the same limitations as himself, and if he were deprived of use of his Kanohi he would lose any functional advantage. Whatever the invisible fist that did Eisen's bidding was frustrating, but with every use it became more clearly understood.

Eisen’s rebuffing did jolt Stannis, but not in the way he preferred. The Maru was resolute as a mountain with heels firm as though they had granite foundations. He remained steadfast both in his footing and grip on his weapon, and instead of being tossed away—like he might have been had the rebuff targeted his body—he instead used its force as an unexpected source of momentum to spin without barely moving his body. Eisen clearly hasn’t expected that his use of force would have that reaction, and his stab went wide of its mark. Meanwhile, Stannis rotated almost 180° before being stopped by the pommel of his halberd connecting with the small of Eisen’s back, the rough equivalent of batting a tethered ball away only to be immediately slapped by it. As soon as he was halted he changed posture and ducked low, preparing for his next move.

Around and below the two duelists the tide of battle was tipping in the villain’s favor, however; the cries of combatants were dying away and moving elsewhere; time was not on his side... but time moved more slowly to Stone. It slipped, yet Stannis seemed just as assured as before. Leah and Sulov had a tenable defensive position, and so long as he held Eisen in check there was still a chance of victory.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC:

Casanuva nodded at Dakte. He put on a stern face, but behind his mask he felt relieved. If only for someone else that wanted Soraph back. The Fa-Toa rolled some tension out of his shoulders and turned around, keeping to his word. "Kalyss!" he shouted.

The Su-Toa was doing some preliminary stretches. "Yes, fearless leader?"

Mata Nui, she was on about this again. Oh well, one way to assuage her. "You're our second in command, I'll let you take the lead."

Kalyss rotated her neck, issuing several pops. She gave Casanuva a wry smile. "You don't know how to get to Ko-Koro, do you?"

"That too. There's also a blizzard, and you are a living flare."

"You need me to literally light the way?"

Casanuva smirked. "Isn't that your forte, dear sister?"

As she walked past him, Kalyss jabbed a finger into Casanuva's chest. "Just you watch out. One of these days, you're gonna wake up in the morning and crawl out onto black ice."

Kalyss continued walking, breathing deeply. Hoping the wind would cover her. This was Skorm's attack on Ga-Koro all over again, but with even more variables. But this time, she was taking her team into trouble. But she couldn't falter or misstep. Do do so could cost not only the lives of herself and the Kalta with her, but potentially innocent lives. Not to mention the awaiting diplomatic incident with the Dasaka that could only get worse.

Raising a hand into the air, Kalyss shouted to the assembled team behind her. One lovestruck angry toa of magnetism, a De-Toa whose mask was wanted with or without its bearer attached, a toa of lightning who had yet to unlock her mask, and a foreign psion with unknown abilities. Kalyss exhaled and closed her eyes.

One never goes to battle with the army they want, only the army they have.

"All right, I've been scouting the routes between here and Ko-Koro. This blizzard is bad, but we should be able to skirt it by keeping close to Mount Ihu. Single file, I'll be fifteen to twenty paces ahead, dropping flares. Just follow the flares. If there is a problem, pass it up the line." Kalyss turned, closing her fist and pulling it down. "Let's move, Kalta!"

Zueya fell in behind Casanuva, forming up the middle of the line. She stalled a bit, watching the blizzard. She half-turned to Dakte "How much do you know about weather? Something doesn't feel right about this storm."

Cyrix nodded, and watched his exhaling breath crystallize before being swept away. As he was getting up with Soraph, he checked her breath. As he checked to ensure she was still breathing, the crack of Krayn's revolver almost made him jump off the roof. After seeing it's work, though, he decided he wanted one, whatever it was.

Once again hefting Soraph on his shoulders, Cyrix ran towards the gukko. Over with the din of battle combined with the blizzard and the roaring in the Kalta's ears, he could barely hear. He stowed Soraph on the Gukko's saddle as quickly as he dared while still being secure.

"How many does this bird seat?"

All in all, Cyrix barely felt it when the bolts from the Legacy soldier's gun struck his right calf and lower right back. The Le-Toa fell, twisting onto his side and grabbing for his crossbow, and in the space of a single breath (when you're a Toa of Air, however talented, you make them count), put both bolts the crossbow held into the attacker's sternum and throat.

Okay, now it hurt. And it was very cold.

Fyura had only an instant to react to the blast of ice water and mud. Fortunately, she had the reflexes of a Rahkshi currently; that was all she needed. With a twitch of her legs, she sprung up, twisting. The skakdi plunged her claws into the ceiling and let out a small roar of exertion as she lifted her lower body up, her clawed feet grasping at a beam. As her back was splattered with frozen debris, a fair portion was mitigated by her piecemeal armor, though a bit of the slurry brushed against Vayde, which sent a shiver down both of Fyura's spines.

"No, no, I'll show you how we clean here!"

Then Fyura grinned, and pounced at the Maru; this time not for her body, but her staff.

IC:

It’s not about being a hero, it’s about being alive. Azza kicked with his limp legs and slid off the toa’s shoulders. If Azza could formulate complete sentences, he might’ve commented on the irony of a toa of ice being warmer than the floor. “I need to get on...” Were his legs walking? No, he couldn’t even stand. “Crawl.” Azza heaved his body past the crates. He wasn’t used to so much light entering his eyes, but really he wasn’t used to life without a mask. “Get me...” Azza crawled towards the Gukko at a pace that felt timeless. He couldn’t think anymore. He couldn’t feel anymore. If he missed this miracle, he soon wouldn’t live anymore.

Edited by Azibo

Zueya fell in behind Casanuva, forming up the middle of the line. She stalled a bit, watching the blizzard. She half-turned to Dakte "How much do you know about weather? Something doesn't feel right about this storm."

IC (Ageru Dakte)

"Where I come from, snow itself is rare enough," Dakte replied. "I don't think I've never seen a...snow-storm? Is that the word?"

The Menti had bought a thick cloak from a local Ringti ('Matoran'?) in preparation for the coldness of the region, and he tugged it tighter around his shoulders.

"Whether it's normal I can't say, but it's not exactly growing on me."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Sigrus of the Massif

When the chime rang the second time, Sigrus' mind settled its thoughts like silt in still water.

Like many of those who lived in the Massif, the camerlengo was a spiritual man and believed that meditation was a type of power. Having spent many of his years in the service to Ga-Koronan seafarers, he had grown close to their ideologies and implemented them into his personal codes. Meditation, to him, was a way to filter and cleanse his mind and gain better understanding of both himself and the world around him. In spending long moments of meditation, he found, he could tackle the issues of the future with greater clarity.

His previous occupation of wayfinder and attunement to the spiritual caused some to draw comparisons to his immediate predecessor at the Massif, Stannis, much to Sigrus' annoyance. Though they were both reverent and traveled a lot, the resemblances stopped there, as Stannis was much more of a furtive warrior to Sigrus' reserved scholar persona. Time and time again, while Stannis preferred to approach issued head on with a sort of god-given brash stubbornness that almost always led to fighting, Sigrus would study the matters and seek diplomacy and understanding before all else. Such traits also arguably made him a better village leader than Stannis was. 

He calmed himself, his breathing first and his heartlight after, and life slowed until time seemed to stretch forever and the walls of his mind fell away. His thoughts drifted to memories of years at sea, and he counted his breaths to the tune of a rocking boat. As he inhaled he imagined the boat tipping left; he exhaled and it tipped right. Creaking tackle and lapping waves soothed him like white noise and his thoughts were open like the broad blue sky. 

He meditated because, despite appearances, Sigrus was constantly trying to maintain his peace. Much went through his head: The lives of his fellow villagers, the prosperity of the safe haven, the anger of the asylum seekers, the fear of the defenseless, and a frustration that Mata Nui seemed uncaring to all their plights. In times when emotions flared, Sigrus tried to becalm them and find peaceful resolution, because he believed that if peace could not be found then there was no point to the fighting anyway. The waves of Ga-Wahi soothed him, and his thoughts came... and went... The emotions he struggled with were acknowledged... and then he let them go, one... by one... until they all had fluttered away like doves released from a coop and all he could do was stare in wonder at them. 

He meditated because, though he was content at the Massif, he kept wanting to explore abroad. He was not uncomfortable at home or needed to spread a gospel around, he simply possessed an incurable longing to see what was on the other side of the mountain, to chart out the sea's expanse, to span distances in the name of measurement alone. And he had been at the Massif for a rather long time. It was time to stretch his legs a bit.

He also sensed Brykon already knew that. 

The giant toa coughed and the sound rocked through the chamber, bringing the matoran's focus back to the present all too soon, but by the time they reset  and yearned to go back to their serenity it was too late. Brykon wasn't great at meditating—though he did try—and struggled to calm himself anew. In the end, he simply grunted softly and turned around to face Sigrus and Nichou. His voice was sonorous and reserved, fatherly almost, though rough on the edges from years of smoking and violence. "Sigrus Winedark," he greeted, "I apologize for the unruly end, camerlengo."

Sigrus bowed his head slightly and smiled wryly. "Apology accepted. Kaitiaki, this is the carpenter I was speaking of to you, yes: Brykon, meet Nichou of Onu-Koro."

"A pleasure," Brykon greeted warmly. His eyes twinkled slightly at the mention of the Koro—A relived memory, perhaps?—and then it was gone. "Your skills and presence have certainly been helpful in the village. What sorts of projects have you been working on?" he asked. 

Edited by EmperorWhenua

OOC: Waking up the Infernavika side of things, and reacting to Kreigero's kerfuffle.

"Captain Lohkar Sir," he began, "Are we there yet?"

IC (Lohkar, Infernavika)

"Yasurek," Lohkar replied, with a mildly pained tone, "I was under the impression that you were the ship's lookout. In fact I was under that impression because I personally appointed you ship's lookout."

He turned to face the diminutive midshipman with a sardonic expression, removing one hand from the 'Vika's wheel and placing it on his hip.

"Keepin' that in mind, I rather think that it would be your job to tell me whether or not we are, in fact, 'there yet'."

The captain bounced his eyebrows once.

"No, midshipman," Lohkar said resignedly, turning back to the task of keeping the ship on course,"we are not 'there yet'. However, if you take a look across the starboard bow, you may notice that we are approachin' Three Brothers Throat."

And sure enough, there was a break in the coastline ahead, though Yasurek could be forgiven for not having recognised it as their goal. A welcoming harbour it was not.

Three Brothers Throat was a thin channel of black water amid towering cliffs, barely wide enough for a ship of the 'Vika's size to safely navigate. It sat in a deep fjord, flanked on either side by sheer rock faces that rose swiftly as one looked inland, and after half a mile already loomed high enough to hide a ship's masts from view — and further on closed entirely, becoming mountainside. The water was dotted with flat chunks of ice, drifting slowly seaward on some gentle current, for the Throat was known to freeze over in places. These were the pieces of old ice sheets, broken naturally or by those that used the Throat.

It was a treacherous waterway, but a useful one. In it, a smuggler or pirate could sail inland unseen by Ko-Koronan scouts, and drop anchor in a place sheltered from winds and watching eyes — and more, for the Throat hid a greater secret: a tunnel, carved by subterranean rivers, that led yet deeper inland. Rumour had it that one could reach Ko-Koro itself via the underground passageways, but Lohkar had always thought that sounded a little too good to be true. If the Toa Maru's knowledge of the Throat was anything to go by, then the Guard knew about the tunnels and, most likely, was actively patrolling them. Until recent events, that is...

"Find Gunner and our Toa friends," Lohkar instructed Yasurek. "The 'Vika's gonna need some help."

The Lesterin's eye was suddenly caught by movement on the snowy slopes above the Throat.

"What have we here...?" he murmured, reaching for his spyglass.

IC: [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse basement]

Suddenly, the Toa Maru felt like a Le-Matoran again, trying to capture and tame Rahi in the wilds. It had been a dangerous job that she and Sisk had had. So many factors to consider, so many things that could go wrong on a whim. A single knot not tied well enough and a net would fail. A trap triggered a second too soon, giving the beast time to slip away. She was used to the realization that her quarry had not been subdued and was in fact, very free and very set on coming after her. 

But usually, the Rahi she used to hunt were not so...reckless. Pulling herself up to the beam, the taunt, the grin - all taking precious time Leah used to ready herself. The Skakdi didn't just present an opening when she leapt at her from the ceiling - she'd presented a full broadside in mid-air.

The blast of water rushing to meet her pounce was powerful enough to swipe a Kane-Ra off of its hooves. 

IC:

"Would all of you please just leave so we can kill the pesky Maru in peace?" Lantz snarled at Maru's allies and the newcomers.

ooc: Where is everyone in the fight in relation to each other right now? It's a little confusing having everything happen all at once.

also: nice to see the activity pick up here!

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

Kreigero

OOC: Infernavika & Crew – You might notice the debris and noise from the tumble going on the cliffside above.  Hope you don't mind me dropping a character nearby unannounced while you're waiting for things to get rolling.

"Find Gunner and our Toa friends," Lohkar instructed Yasurek. "The 'Vika's gonna need some help."

The Lesterin's eye was suddenly caught by movement on the snowy slopes above the Throat.

"What have we here...?" he murmured, reaching for his spyglass.

IC-Yasurek-Infernavika:

Yasurek turned on his heal to rally the others when his captain noticed something up on the slopes. Despite what Lohkar may have thought, Yasurek was at least decent at looking at what things are when he knew what they were beforehand. A quick glance indicated a muaka, a matoran, and another small rahi, perhaps a Hapaka? They seemed to be having a struggle of some sort.

"Looks like a matoran squaring off with a muaka, with some assistance," he relayed to his captain. "They have it surrounded, so it looks like things are going well..."

The handle of a spear splashing into the sea nearby interrupted that thought.

"...But it might be a good idea to render aid. I'll rally the crew, you think of a plan." So saying he proceeded below decks.

"Up and at 'em everyone, we need all crew members on deck and Toa Reordin and co ready to go as well! We are nearly at our destination and there's no telling what awaits us. Lasinia, Gunner, I suppose also Mimira, and any other crew members that haven't said anything for months but are still definitely on board, step to it!"

Perhaps things were going to start happening. Yasurek was thrilled at the prospect.

• Upvote 1

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC:

The muaka remained furious at the spearhead embedded in its belly, and the matoran-rahi duo standing their ground on opposite sides of the beast.  The muaka knew how to deal with most pack hunters, but normally it was on the other end of an ambush.  The eyes of the feline rahi darted between its two assailants, waiting for an opening to appear or for them to make another move.  It may have been wounded, but the apex predator knew it's intimidation alone could ward off much competition, or at the very least cause them to slip up.

Kreigero was down a weapon already.  A new spear wouldn't be hard to craft if she survived this encounter, but lacking a polearm's long range put her at a disadvantage if she needed to ward off the reach of the muaka's jaws.  Reyal growled at the muaka, only to be silenced by the larger rahi's howling retort.  The dark grey visor of Kreigero's kaukau peeked above the round metallic shield, her eyes staring intensely at the muaka as she tightening her grip on her shield and ice pick.

It was in the middle of this showdown that the fighters heard voices echoing off the cliffsides from the water below.  The rahi ears of Reyal and the muaka noticed the voices first, and the muaka studied Kreigero's reaction as the matoran became aware she wasn't the only person out here.  She glanced to her left, surprised to see a ship passing by in the channel below.  Pirates, smugglers, or both?

She wasn't able to complete her analysis of the newcomers because of the crunch of snow as the muaka scrambled towards her, closing the distance as quickly as if it was trying to break Joske's land speed record.  Kreigero hastily braced herself for the inevitable as the forehead of the muaka slammed into her shield, knocking her off her footing and sending an airborne Kreigero into a wall of snow.  She held on tightly to her shield with one hand and swung her ice pick with the other as the muaka tried to rip her shield out of her grasp using it's teeth.  The ice pick grazed the size of the muaka's face as it continued to fight to remove the slab of metal preventing Kreigero from becoming a snack.  Luckily Kreigero has a brief respite as the muaka howled in anger as Reyal sunk his teeth into the muaka's back.

~~~~~

In the chapel at the heart of the massif, Nichou's eyes opened at the sound of a cough emanating from a pew on the other side of the chamber.  Brykon turned to address the two matoran.

"Sigrus Winedark," the old toa greeted, "I apologize for the unruly end, camerlengo."

"Apology accepted. Kaitiaki, this is the carpenter I was speaking of to you, yes: Brykon, meet Nichou of Onu-Koro."

"A pleasure."

Brykon turned towards Nichou. "Your skills and presence have certainly been helpful in the village. What sorts of projects have you been working on?" he asked.

"A pleasure to meet you as well," Nichou replied.  "I have been working with the townsfolk on the construction of the newer buildings in the town that house the refugees of Ko-Koro."

There was a short pause at the mention of the fallen city as Nichou's eyes momentarily drifted elsewhere.  Everyone knew the stories, and recognized that the tales of the survivors who escaped paled in comparison to the experiences of the defenders who did not survive or the hostages whose safety hinged on the whims of a madman.  Nichou had seen the glistening walls of the sanctum before, he feared what they may look under the grip of heretics.  The thought made Nichou's blood boil.

"While we now have enough shelter for the refugees of the siege, there is still work to be done, still more ways to help them," the onu-matoran sighed, his gaze momentarily returning to the floor.  "Unfortunately my assistance is limited to my skills with timber.  While it isn't a glamorous duty, it's where I've been most effective."

Edited by BULiK

IC: One Seeking Redemption

His thoughts were more calm and controlled now. Months in the jungles of Le, in the darkest caves of Onu--years of solitude and meditation had seen to that. He wasn't prepared to pass on his power yet--much still felt undone, still felt incomplete--nor was he quite comfortable enough with who he was to enter the public eye. Moral concerns aside, the foul remnants of his memory might still be echoing in the minds of the Matoran he was sworn to protect, Matoran he had failed too many times to feel offended. His bounty may have been lifted, his name restored in the eyes of the law, but public opinion cared little for legal absolution. 

He would remain Erith Deverim for a time longer, and perhaps longer still. 

The question then became why he had chosen to end his self-imposed exile to the wastes. The wind battered his face and body, his tabard fluttering as he continued his trek toward the very peaks of Ko-Wahi, to a village he'd rebuilt after its previous destruction. It had far outstripped and abandoned him now, become a settlement in its own right rather than a temporary hideout for a group of wanted Toa on the run from a group of people they'd rightfully offended. Perhaps that was why he was limping his way back into events--tired of the world passing him by. Perhaps he finally felt like he could earn his place among the Matoran again.

He adjusted his Huna against the bitter climate.

Perhaps his exile had been another failure in and of itself. Tarnok had charged him with being the first of the next generation of heroes, and he'd responded with vanishing into the wastes. The Bo-Toa's teeth ground together as he took another step forward, the pressure of the wind throwing him this way and that.

The walls of Ihu-Koro were before him, the massive tree that protected its interior from the worst of the elements standing proud in the center of the well-fortified village, scraping the sky. 

He set his jaw. 

Enough of this. He would not allow his fear and self-rebuke to rob him of anything further.
Edited by A Distant Memory

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles