BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC, Zenix: Zenix's thoughts briefly shifted back to the attack on Pala-Koro, and brought up images of Aurum there, sending those thoughts to Ngata, who was wondering who this newcomer was. The Parakuka relaxed after receiving those thoughts.

"Ah, Aurum, how pleasant to see you again," said Zenix. "What brings you to this village? Looking for a safe haven like most others present, or are you here for a different reason?"

IC: Agrona - Ko-Wahi - The Citadel

IC:

Having missed Agrona's glance - curse his fixation on the proceedings! - Sylus sighed as he watched her begin signing with her ... following Toa, whatever his job was.

Still, it wasn't as though the Toa of Plantlife was the most introverted soul in the world.

Slowly, casually, he let himself drift towards her.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"I love you, Zealot."

IC Zealot

The toa of passion stopped. He stopped everything. His voice hung in his throat, his breath ceased to breathe, his heart ceased to beat. For but a moment, his passion froze.

He tried to speak, but all that emerged was a mere half of a syllable, "I--" he shivvered

His eyes trembled as he smiled deeply. He felt as though hope was returning to a world of darkness.

Love?! Do you even remember what that means? His mind rebelled against his heart.

"I don't know what to say..." 

Say that you love her too! but as his mind beckoned for love, his heart chastened You can't possibly love her. Or have you forgotten what happens to the things that you love?

While many might find Faora plain, Veneras was undoubtedly attracted to her. He couldn't deny that he was drawn to her heart. The first heart that had shown him any kindness in a life of cruelty. The first voice of mercy, when Veneras had only ever stood for was justice. The first glimpse of love since...

cheater! His own conscience accused against him.

No. He wanted this. He needed this. 

Then why was this so nui-###### hard!?

His smile faded as he tried to turn away "You deserve much better than me. I assure you." 

Thats right he cursed himself you don't even know what love is anymore, do you?

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute
  • Upvote 7

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Faora

Faora's body flushed with heat, a combination of embarrassment and disappointment. She turned her blurred gaze downward, unable to keep her head up as she struggled for a response.

See what happens when you let your heart run wild? You get rejected.

But then... had he really rejected her? He had said she deserved better, but she didn't believe that. And besides, she had caught something in his voice. It could have been surprise, but she didn't think that was it. It was something else.

She thought of his mention of a "blessing," and she internally chided herself. She realized how unfair it had been for her to say what she had said. She meant it, of course, but perhaps she had said it too soon. Neither had had time to process what was going on. She felt a connection with him, and she was sure he felt one with her, but... maybe he--they, rather--needed time.

"I don't believe that," she said, shaking her head. She wanted to say more, but she hesitated, afraid she would misspeak.

• Upvote 6

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

IC: "Oh, I see how it is," Verulas said, nudging Veteran in the arm as he did so. "We leave for a bit, and suddenly we're not cool anymore. Whatever. We should probably go find Chuckles anyway and see if they had any luck finding a healer. Hopefully nobody died while we were gone."

Dravennica continued her way down the streets with Shredder by her side.

How hard was it to find a Ta-Matoran that shot fireballs and a Vortixx that could shatter things with a touch?

Xhalia patiently waited for a response.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: The Onu-Turaga paced in front of the assembled group. "Guardians for the shrine? I don't doubt that there will be. At the very least, there might be traps. Either way, I'll need muscle, at least for hauling any plunder lies inside. Your affiliations can be your own, I don't care, but use of these Amulets that are recovered will be restricted to Legacy members. If you plan on returning to Ko-Koro, good standing with us isn't something to be cast aside lightly.

"As for other groups, I'm not entirely sure. I don't know if others are acting on this information, I don't know how new this star is. If we are too late, and the shrine has already been ransacked, our goal might be changed to a more... interceptive nature. If it were true, however, that another group is currently acting on this information... well, we will have to deal with them, won't we?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Enforcer & Veteran.

"You might be right, mate. Looks like everyone forgotten us already," I hear the voice and look through the throng of refugees to see that Veteran and Verulas have returned. About karzdamned time. "Have any luck?" I ask, approaching them.

"Luck?" Veteran smirks. "We did indeed, mate. We're lucky that Snarky here didn't get us arrested." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Maeloc chuckled as he approached the Po-Toa. "Well, the legend recounts that matoran were able to swap elemental powers, in a fashion. In practice, they suppress elemental energy in their wearer. A ta-matoran would be just as vulnerable to fire as any other. After an our in use, they grant the wearer an.. alternate element."

Seeing the skeptical looks aimed at him, the turaga continued, clutching the glowing amulet around his neck. "This heartstone I am wearing is the Ice Amulet of Elemental Kindred. It suppresses what Earth abilities I have. Instead, I am resistant to cold and ice, just like a ko-matoran. However, in creatures such as Toa and Turaga, those able to actively harness their elemental energy, it provides an additional effect." He reached out to Luyn's hand, before recoiling slightly. "May I?"

IC: "You just can't let that one go, can you?" Verulas said as he began rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I got us in, we didn't get arrested, and since they gave us our own personal guard for the entire length of the trip, no one decided to screw with us until after we left the city. And for the record, the amount of Karz you were giving them for pulling us over wasn't exactly helping either."

The Bo-Toa turned to Chuckles.

"Didn't find a healer," he said flatly. "Did you fare any better?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Enforcer & Veteran.

"You barely got us in, you nearly got us arrested, and your new girlfriend still came after us. You didn't really consider the consequences of robbing her, did ya mate?" Veteran said snappily. 

"Okay, enough," I cut in, "let's all calm down and not start murdering the recruits please." I give them both a decidedly smug look. "I did indeed find a healer. You're welcome. Also..." I give Verulas a bemused look, "...girlfriend?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "The Fe-Toa who crossed the Break earlier," Verulas explained. "She tried taking my widgets before getting on the cable car, so I took hers instead. Problem was, she wanted them back. And she's not my girlfriend."

He inhaled for a moment, looking at Veteran while still talking to Enforcer.

"And you don't have to worry about me hurting the newer members," he said as his lips formed a wry smile. "Just the older ones."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran and Enforcer.

"You sure she aint your girl?" Veteran asked with a sly smile. "I'm sure you said that you were in love." 

"I was actually talking about Veteran hurting you, not the other way around," I tell Verulas, shooting a glare at Veteran at the mention of the word love. I didn't like that word. It brought back memories I'd rather not recall. 

IC: Maeloc grinned. "Oh no, this won't hurt." In an instant, Maeloc's hand coated itself in rime, and he lashed out, brushing his hand against Luyn's arm. Numbing frost quickly crept up her arm. The crystals melted into clear rime, freezing solid.

"Quite the opposite, in fact. From the notes I found, the sensation is numbing. You should regain use of your arm shortly, sooner if you start exercising it. Get the blood pumping, and such. As you can see, in the hands of a toa or turaga, it can be used to accomplish a minor ability. But, however minor it is, it can't be discounted that this essentially changes your element."

Maeloc left Luyn, returning to pacing. "As for Skakdi, I'm not entirely sure what happens. Lesterin either. I guess we can test that on the way there."

The Turaga turned on his heel. "So! Do you pledge to serve me, the Legacy, and the Makuta, with fervor and discretion? We reward our servitors, should they prove themselves worthy. Are you?"

IC: Luyn

I watched with interest as frost coated my arm, rendering it cold and numb until solid rime formed. It wasn't as extravagant a display as I might have hoped for, but I was convinced of its value and potential use.

"Neat." I said, flexing my arm and moving my hand repeatedly. Whatever feeling I regained happened slowly.

"Yeah, I'm in. Also, what Sharky said: we should leave sooner than later."

OOC: Going to try posting my characters' locations as well from now on, hopefully to avoid some confusion.

IC: Verulas - Obsidian Outpost

"Sarcasm; one of my many talents," the Bo-Toa said with a grin. "I only made her say that because I knew that it would annoy the ever-living Karz out of her. Then again, it may be true; the V-Man does have a way with the ladies, after all."

He turned back to Enforcer.

"Wow. Way to have absolutely no faith in my abilities. In fact, I don't recall you ever seeing me fight at full strength, so you're not exactly qualified to go around judging my combat effectiveness, now are you, Chuckles?"

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran & Enforcer.

"Ah, so she is your girlfriend," Veteran smirks, as if that settles the matter. 

"My name is not "Chuckles"," I tell Verulas, my tone dry and humourless. "And while yes, I haven't seen you fight, I have seen Veteran fight. Many, many times. More than I can count. He didn't just get given this name: he earned it." I fold my arms across my chest. "And I think you'll find, recruit, that I do have the qualifications to pass down whatever judgements I want. One word from me and you'll be swimming in the lava before you can cough out another snarky remark."

"Nah mate, he'd still have the time ta make one of those." Veteran interrupts me, "Trust me on that." 

"The point is," I focus on Verulas, lowering my voice a little to ensure we're not overheard by the wrong people. "You need to learn to have more respect for those running this group if you want to be a part of it. But now that that unpleasantness is dealt with..." I extend my hand towards him, offering a handshake"...I owe you one. But just one. The Ihu-Koroans gave us a medic, and seem to want to formalise an alliance of some sort with us. All thanks to you." 

This one had issues with authority, but looking past that, he still had potential. And lots of it.

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro)

I stride out of the bar, my thoughts roiling. I'm not drunk- I'm not that careless- and yet as I contemplate the past few days, my meandering mind turns to Antidermis. Fluid destruction, Makuta's greatest creation, the substance that gave rise to many of the powers of Nightfall. What powers might Makuta see fit to bestow upon me? I wonder. When we, the Legacy and the heathen Brotherhood came to the Vault first, forging an alliance with the Piraka, I had turned down the possibility of Antidermis, seeing it as loot, ill-gotten by murderers and thieves. But now, having truly seen its power...

I make my way out of the city, heading straight for the resident Dark Walk entrance, heading towards Mangaia- and the Vault.

A few hours later, I stumble back out of the tunnel, my armour nicked, dented, and in some places nonexistent. Rahkshi are never a good thing when they aren't on your side. But I have what I went for; a single vial of steaming, black-green liquid, straight from the vat of Antidermis in the corner of Makuta's Vault. 

I collapse in the snow, exhausted.

And then I drink the Antidermis, draining the small vial dry. It burns as it runs down my throat, bringing a tear to my eye, and the sensation of heat slowly builds up inside me, altering my body, channelling power through every ounce of my being.

The pain becomes agony, forcing a scream from me, my mind near-dysfunctional, and then it stops.

The pain stops.

I open an eyelid just a fraction. My body appears to be unchanged, but there is now a power coursing through me, unstoppable, unyielding. I raise a hand, trembling, and point it at a nearby boulder. The hand glows blindingly with blue light for an instant, and then a stream of energy bursts out of my hand, and the boulder is no more. 

I push myself up, trembling with wild exhilaration, to find not a single trace of the rock. No flakes of stone, nothing. I aim my hand again at a small Kofo-Jaga, hiding near the entrance to the Dark Walk, and fire again. The effect is the same.

Disintegration... I think, as a grin breaks out across my face. 

My feet carry me back to the gates of the Koro with uncharacteristic speed.

When I arrive, I say to the guards, "I am Khil'rayu, Legacy member. Let me back in."

OOC: Antidermis power approved by Nuju. :)

Edited by Makuta Miras
  • Upvote 2

VBWj75sh.png

IC:

"Legacy. I might have something...interesting to show them. It could turn out to be nothing. Or it could be something fairly useful. Either way, I won't know until I show it to the person who could make sense of it."

Lightly, I strummed my fingers on the large, metallic shield on my back.

"Are you headed to the Sanctum as well?"

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The Bo-Toa was about to explain the definition of the word 'relationship' to the Skakdi when the Vortixx opened his mouth, catching him off guard. Normally he would have replied in his usual way, probably laughing off the threat to throw him into the Break before mentioning how he thought that this was a mercenary base and not some kid's stupid tree fort or some other such Karz, but he had suddenly lost the will to say it. He had been on his own for a long time now, so he didn't have to worry about how people reacted to the things he had said or done because, more often than not, he'd never see them again anyway.

This, however, was different.

Even though he had originally offered to join up in order to protect someone else, which he still had to run that part by the one known as Judge before getting the agreement in writing by the way, he actually felt at peace in the outpost. He couldn't explain it, but at this moment, it felt right for him to be here amongst the other mercs, and he wanted to hold onto that for as long as he could. He was even being congratulated for something that he, albeit unintentionally, had done to benefit the organization, which was an odd feeling in it of itself since he was more used to being put down for what others had percieved as his failures.

It felt like a nice change of pace.

"Fine," he finally said, firmly shaking Enforcer's hand. "I'll front the upper management a little more respect from now on. No promises for the others, though; got to keep them thinking on their feet so they don't go off and get themselves killed, you know."

As a merc, he knew that keeping his reputation for reliability meant honoring his word when he gave it out, even if he wound up dead because of it.

He would keep it as long as they didn't give him a reason not to.

He turned back to Veteran.

"Guess I do know how to make friends after all."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

NPC: The Sergeant shrugged, sizing up Akarth. "Where do you propose to take them?"

OoC: Sorry, I completey missed this post :P

IC: The Deceiver (Obsidian Outpost) Alias: Akarth Crystal disguise: Yellow and turquoise, mask shaped like a Kanohi Hau

"Well, perhaps it might be best to take them to Ta-Koro. It's farther away, but most of the journey can be done on the cable car. And isn't Ta-Koro a larger settlement than Ihu-Koro? I think the hospitals there might be larger. So yeah, that's what I propose. I can escort them there, too, because I'm headed to Ta." She had a friendly smile on her face, and her hands rested on her hips.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC, Zenix:

Zenix nodded. "Indeed, I am. I was unable to aid in the battle to take this village as I was... busy with other matters. I am here to ask Echelon for forgiveness, and to ask how I may serve him best." Zenix looked toward the Sanctum. "Now, I've been informed that Echelon is in a meeting, but the guards will most likely allow me in. I assume they will allow you in, too. Shall we be off?"

IC: Veteran & Enforcer.

"You got lucky," Veteran claps Verulas on the back, "but don't get cocky."

"Now, where the karz is that Sergeant?" I look around, trying to spot the man I'd come here to speak to. 

IC Zealot

The toa of Ice stood motionless. He felt the weight on his chest as he had to fight for every breath. He strained to pull the air into his lungs as if his body were shutting down. His every breath hung in the air, made visible by the cold world, reminding him that he would have to breath in once more.

His eyes looked fondly into Faora's, he thought about how it would feel to be loved again.

He wondered what it must feel like ti be held, to find acceptance. 

Belonging. 

It had been so long since the toa had felt like he belonged. 

He closed his eyes tightly, trying desperately to find the words

"You" he began, "don't know how much I want..." he felt his hand being drawn to her, to brush his fingers against the cheek of her mask. Veneras was suddenly aware of the weight on his chest as he remembered once more the need to inhale. His hand froze in the air, mili-bios from her mask.

The cold air that used to bring vitality to his lungs, now only filled his soul with agonizing pain.

I thought I froze this emotion

The faltering Toa cursed his weakness.

If you care about her, you will stop!

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute
  • Upvote 5

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Arcturia (Near Ko-Koro)

They were close, the bodies, the trophies, but were they... accessible...?

Drawing closer and closer to the gates of the sacked Koro, Arcturia could see that life still dwelt within the frozen village.

Her dark body and cloak against the white snow didn't serve to hide her much; she wanted to avoid contact with any who were alive.

The dead were often much friendlier.

OOC: Open for interaction.

IC: Varan (Outside Ko-Koro)

Varan had payed his toll and hitched a ride across the Break fairly easy - no questions asked, actually. Now, he needed a safe haven to inspect his documents in. But before that, he needed a smoke and a bed.

The Toa had been walking for a few hours, and was nearing Ko-Koro. He had heard... rumors, really, was all. And bad ones, at that. Still, trying to reach another Koro before freezing to death wasn't a preferable situation.

As the gates came into view, something else did - a lone, dark speck against the general white snow. As he neared closer, the speck became larger, even though it, too, was moving at a steady pace. 

Upon getting close enough, Varan realized it was another being, huddled within a dark cloak. A strange color to use in an icy wilderness, he pondered.

The Ba-Toa cleared his throat. "Why, hello, there," he announced a few yards behind the person.

OOC: That's for you, Perp

IC: Transient (Obsidian Outpost)

Having left the meeting, Transient wandered the base, feeling useless and without purpose. He realized he could be training again, but decided against it - he didn't want to tire himself out. Instead, he thought of a better pastime.

Seating himself in a quiet, darkened corner, Transient pulled out a blank stone tablet and his writing tools. He began to record all of the events up until the end of the meeting...

OOC: Transient open for interaction

Edited by Jakura Nuva

The Bo-Toa turned back towards the Skakdi as he released his grip on the Vortixx's hand.

"Now when have you ever known me to do that?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Veteran.

"Ah... I haven't." he admitted. 

IC Forger

After Transient's departure, a few more subjects were discussed. I ended up giving Zero a full recount of our trip to Ko-Koro. Complete with a lengthy description of some of my inner turmoils, angsty thoughts and musings about philosophical oddities. She hadn't reacted in the way I had expected. She knew my past and could've been sympathetic. She was also a rough and tumble mercenary, so a quick dismissal of the issue was a possibility. Instead, she had more or less told me to "shape up and cheer up!" in a manner reminiscent of a sports coach or older sibling trying to deliver some tough love

Light on the tough part

It was much more effective than the other responses would have been. Conveying what could've grown into a lengthy and wasteful discussion of ethics, morale corroding guilt, shame and regret into a handful of sentences that were sympathetic yet still conveyed the, "really? I understand your feelings. But don't let them weigh you down, be here now, not in the past chasing old dreams or squashing old demons." Message he had needed to hear

So, as she had instructed. I collected my old thoughts and threw most of them out. Keeping what made me me, without holding onto the pain and anger that I had mistook for making up my own psyche

Confusing, I understand. So I won't be discussing it any further. Long philosophical monologues are good. A author could use them for character development. But, they get old fast. If you're always talking to yourself in your head and abusing the rewind and replay button, you never move forward. Too much of a good thing and all that. Luckily I'm not the kind of person to think in an overly meta manner for an overly long time. So consider the references to writing and authors tossed as well

I make my way to the surface, I'd been in the subterranean chamber for maybe an hour, but a lot had happened. We'd apparently had a fight, Veteran and Verulas had returned and we had a whole host of new refugees, not to mention, their guardians. A group of several Toa. Led by what could only be a Bo-Toa, given his armor of flora. He seemed ancient, to put it lightly

My first target was Verulas and Veteran, currently conversing with Enforcer. I make my way to them, limping only slightly

"Any luck in, or news from Ta-Koro?"

...but close to it