BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Verulas stirred, eventually positioning himself upright as he rubbed his eyes. He looked around, noticing that both the Ussal crab and the Matoran were nowhere in sight. From the positions of the stars in the sky, he could tell that he had only been asleep for a few hours, yet he also knew that he was rested enough to use his powers again. A yawn forced itself from his mouth as he stretched his arms, causing a note pierced to one of the knives on his forearm to dislodge itself and slowly drift into the snow. He picked it up and began reading it slowly before crumpling it up into a ball and throwing it against the gate. The Matoran was brought in some time ago, his condition critical, and someone decided to leave him with this letter detailing his projected medical expenses. Unfortunately for the Matoran, Verulas had limits to the amount of help he gave others and if they thought that they were sticking him with the bill, then they had another thing coming. Time to bail.

OOC: Verulas to Ta-wahi.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Krios

"What happened to my dikapi?"  I repeated, as if the thought had yet to cross my mind.  In truth, such rumination hadn't, but a smile and a laugh can often make the truth seem so much less sincere.  "I left him in Onu-Koro, along with a friend to keep him company."

OOC:  I'm terribly sorry but at the moment my mind is stagnant for this character.  Vox, do you have a way you'd like to proceed?  

IC: Cimond

Oh. Kitano was that kind of Makuta follower. A while ago, Cimond had realised that he could fit almost everyone of his faith into neat little categories, and while he wasn't entirely sure what that implied, he now knew that this toa was part of the 'Calculative sociopath' group. Ah well, it could be worse. Cimond knew how to stay alive around people like that: They tended to be predictable. If the matoran could simply prove himself useful, Kitano was very unlikely to murder him.

Cimond trudged off into the snow, following the toa.

IC (Kitano): The pair struck out away from the village, not following the established paths through the drifts but cutting across steep valleys in the less-traveled parts of Ko-Wahi. Kitano teleported ahead to scout out the best route for the Matoran to take as he walked the icy mountain paths and occasionally used his elemental powers when more assistance was necessary to pass the difficult terrain. The system proved effective, and within the alotted half hour, the pair were standing at the top of a long glacier. With hard ice under their feet, the going should have been quicker than half-wading through snow, but Kitano stopped here and stood still.

"We wait here, for my brother." He told Cimond. "Then we will go to meet Echelon and the others. You might as well make yourself comfortable."

ppg2.png

IC: Lana 

"Yeah...most of our guests I find rather dull...but he sounds quite interesting." Lana rested her head on Braen. "And with his help...our goals will be all the more reachable." 

IC: (Braen)

"Indeed, the man has a reputation and usually that comes from being really good or really terrible at your job. I doubt Echelon is ineffective in his line of work." Braen smiled, rubbing Lana's back and neck. "Indeed he will. This dark Toa is one of the best, it is unlikely our goals will fail with a man like him with us."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Pae

Pae turned back up the mountain path, agreeing in silence. For a few minutes, the three traveled without speaking until Pae added rather quietly, "Nika, we can stop at a tavern to warm up."

IC (Jin)

The rest of the trip was pretty quiet, except for Nika's chattering teeth. I'll admit I was kind chilly myself, but took care not to let it show. I've got a reputation to uphold, right? Gotta keep the people happy, and as far as they know, I've got no weaknesses.

Not. One.

By the time we hit the tavern, the sky was dark and snow was blowing. I blew in my cupped palms as we stamped off the snow at the door: any longer out there, and I might've started shivering myself. One of many reasons why Ko-Koro was on my list of "Places Not to Visit."

Also on my list was Po-Koro (too hot), Le-Wahi (too many bugs), Onu-Koro (too dark and creepy), and Ta-Koro (don't think about it

That left Ga-Koro, which I'd ditched at the request of some weird businesswoman promising something I wasn't sure she could deliver on. Awesome. Keep on keepin' on.

IC: Tivanu

Minor timeskip

Tivanu and Krios had talked for sometime, sometimes about serious topics, other times about the most random of topics, but all these topics had one thing in common, that Krios kept ordering Tivanu more drinks, while he himself barely drank any. This did not go unnoticed by Tivanu, though admittingly it had taken him longer to notice than he cared to admit. Though he brought one hand to his chin as he stared straight ahead at Krios, desperatly trying to focus his eyes.

"Hey... why you not drink nearly anything?" he asked in a half-drunken state, causing his speech to suffer

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

Nika had been about to object to Pae's decision, adamant against wasting time or allowing himself to appear (more) vulnerable. But by the time he had managed to force the chattering of his teeth away, the door of a tavern was standing before them, and the Vortixx assassin had no choice but to sigh.

He didn't say a word; just pushed the door open and strode inside.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Pae checked exits with a few flicks of his eyes while pushing past Nika towards an appropriate seating space. It was close enough to the fire, but still within range that Pae and the others could quickly escape if they needed. They were next to a window and only a few meters from the door while still sitting next to the fire place.

Pae seated himself, "You two decide when we leave. No wasting time."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Jin)

I peered guiltily at Pae over the lip of my glass, which I'd snagged off another table on the way in (the previous owner was hardly in a state to complain). Hey, why stop at all if you won't leave time for refreshments? I swallowed, wiped my mouth.

"Sure thing. I'm only here for Nika."

IC: Krios

My smile, I remember, was a thin one.  Of course, the skakdi would invariably connect our unequal ratios of alcohol intoxication to some grander scheme, for it was a common tactic used by the swill of society to extort services from those with less of a tolerance for drinking.  Tivanu, as he had named himself during our rather obnoxiously drawl conversation, had been drowning himself in spiced wine to my expense.  However, I felt such cost was more than worth the profit of his lava hawk on the black market.  

"I've been told friends select someone to stay sober when they drink in groups."  I tapped my fingers on the rim of my cup; the ceramic gave a dull ring in response.  "That's what responsible people do.  Now, Tivanu, you seem rather up in your cup. What do you say to a little stroll, something to freshen your eyes and ears.  I know the perfect cabaret in this town with food far above this place's... accommodations." 

OOC:  So, Vox, what'd'ya say to Tivanu getting mugged drunk in a back alley?

Edited by Kughii

IC: (Sukot urn Voyuk)

Serving as Ambages' gun had not been the most rewarding experience, but nonetheless he had carried out his orders. A murder here, an arson there, break-ins, and a bomb or two. All he had calculated quite coldly, to give assistance to his newfound master. The sheer volume of them, he felt, was making his fellow guards uneasy. Now, he was on duty by the gates, trying his best to keep warm. He huddled inside his greatcoat, manning the small side entrance to the Koro. It was quiet here, not many guard patrols came around here.

He sometimes wished he joined the Gukko Force, at the least he'd work in warmth.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: Dahkapa

The library of Ko-Koro, located right next to the Academy, was Dahkapa's favourite place to visit, and he had spent a considerable chunk of his life there. It was a quiet place, and full of scrolls, stone tablets and even a few books. Full of knowledge.

Right now Dahkapa was reading a scroll written ages ago by some Turaga. It was about the Toa Code, an extensive list of rules that true Toa must follow. These rules were clearly focused on honor, valor and humility. The main tasks of the Toa were to protect the weaker matoran from oppression and death, and to uphold order in their own society. However, it is clear that when the scroll was written there wasn't nearly as many Toa in the world. In the recent years, their number on Mata Nui has drastically increased, and very few of them even bothered to learn what the Code of the Toa was. He did, and he was somewhat disappointed about how naïve the tome was. No killing of sentient beings allowed. Fighting had to be honourable and done during the day. Betrayal was forbidden. The punishment for breaking the Code was loss of the title Toa. He knew that there was no one on the island to execute that punishment. It wasn't strange that the Toa on the island broke the code all the time, because there were no consequences.. But he still felt that it was his duty to follow the Code, because he wanted to know in his heart that he was a true Toa.

His thoughts were interrupted as a loud explosion shook the foundations of the building. He stood up immediately, fear grasping his guts, and ran towards the door. Something terrible had happened..

OoC:
This takes place right after the attack began. I wrote this just to show off Dahkapa's personality, as a small introduction chapter.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clndZD_beQA

IC

Ko-Koro. The city of ice. The self-styled 'Crown Jewel of Mata Nui'. Sitting in its mountain cleft, topped with spires, it looked more proud and secure even than the mighty fortress of Ta-Koro.

Appearances can be deceiving.

Snow crunched beneath the feet of seven beings as they approached the gate of the Koro. The guards had heard them long before they saw them, thanks to their Onu-Koronan audio detectors, and as they came near many pairs of watchful eyes were on them.

Five of the travelers could not be seen at all beneath the great ashen-grey cloaks they wore. They walked with their hooded heads bowed, carrying a wooden coffin on their shoulders. The other two were considerably larger: a burly Skakdi with a long rifle slung on his back, and an even bulkier giant of a man of a species unfamiliar to the guards. Both wore expressions of bored disdain.

The guard captain spoke quietly to his men as they came near, warning them to be on guard as the suspicious-looking group approached—but a Lesterin guardsman spoke up, and explained a custom among his people: when in mourning, Lesterin traditionally wore grey cloaks; to show their faces was seen as disrespect to the deceased. This did not completely allay the captain's suspicions, but it took the edge off his apprehension somewhat.

The group reached speaking distance.

"Hail, travelers!" the captain called to them. "Who are you, and what is your business in Ko-Koro?"

One of the cloaked beings stepped forward.

"We are Lesterin, sir, in mourning for our friend Jahlik," said a female voice from beneath the hood. "We have come to pay our respects at the Sanctum."

The guard captain nodded, but retained a slight frown.

"And who are your companions?" he asked, gesturing to the Skakdi and the other large being.

"They are mercenaries," the woman replied. "The road from Onu-Koro is long and dangerous, and none of us are warriors."

The captain nodded again.

"Very well," he said, "but you will have to lower your hoods before I let you pass."

The cloaked woman stiffened. The Lesterin guardsman stood next to his commander, looking uncomfortable.

"Sir..." he said.

"No, Ikkel," the captain replied obstinately. "No faces, no entry."

A tense silence fell over the area outside the gate.

One of the cloaked figures raised its head. Unlike its fellows, it stood to the side of the coffin, not bearing its weightIts face was invisible beneath the shadows of its hood: the only feature setting it apart from the others was that it carried a long black staff, set with a green jewel—a priest, perhaps?

"You are being unreasonable," said the hooded being, in a low, calm voice. "You should respect our customs."

The captain's frown deepened for a moment, and he blinked and looked at the ground as though confused. His mouth moved slightly several times, though no words came out.

"...yes," he said eventually, looking back up again. "Yes, you're right. I was...being unreasonable."

He turned to his men, and nodded.

"Let them pass."

The heavy gate grated open, and the seven travelers walked in.

Seven pairs of feet strode purposefully along the great bridge of ice that led to Ko-Koro's Citadel. It was a marvel of masonry, designed by the famed architect and Hand of the late Akiri, Ambages, and stretched over the yawning chasm that divided the Citadel from the village proper. Small shops lined it on both sides as though it was a street in its own right. Matoran and other beings of all sizes happily walked to and fro along it and browsed the storefronts, feeling no fear despite having a mere metre or two of ice and metal between their feet and emptiness.

The two uncloaked men stood at the front of the group, parting the crowds before them to make way for the cloaked coffin-bearers. As they reached the other side of the bridge, the edifice of the Citadel towered above them, all spires and buttresses. Under Matoro's leadership, the humble Sanctum had become a veritable fortress as the seat of his government, and it was symbolic of the Koro's new-found power and prosperity.

A little too symbolic, perhaps.

The guards outside the huge doors looked on uninterestedly as the group laid down their burden on the snowy ground. The four bearers lowered it with great care so that it barely made a sound. The one with the staff stood nearby, silently and motionlessly, as though supervising, flanked by the two mercenaries.

The staff-carrying one turned once the coffin had been lowered, and raised his hooded head to stare up at the heights of the Citadel. His gaze seemed to rest on one tower in particular: it stood at the top of the central hall, immediately above the Sanctum's entrance. The guards shook their heads. Tourists.

The being lowered his gaze again. The four coffin-bearers and the two mercenaries all looked to him.

He nodded.

The group sprang into motion. All five grey cloaks were swept off, and what they revealed made the guards start back in shock.

A Vortixx, familiar from 'Wanted' posters, one hand feathered and clawed; a grey-armoured Toa, grim of expression and strong of build; a Lesterin with sickly pale eyes, her body covered with strange flowers growing out of her very flesh; a Toa standing next to her, who had no mouth; and the staff-bearer, tall and gaunt and black, with an iron-grey mask and cold green eyes. He and the Vortixx stood on either side of the coffin, raising their arms towards the wooden box. It began to rise off the ground, tongues of shadow flickering across its surface.

The guards drew their weapons in an instant, but even as they did so, the two 'mercenaries' stepped forward. The Skakdi's long rifle was in hand, its barrel leveled at the guards, and the larger man drew a huge Lochaber axe.

Rorg and Karnakie glared at the guardsmen.

"Interfere," Karnakie pronounced, "and you die."

Under Echelon and Kohra's powers, the coffin was now twenty feet up in the air and still rising, accelerating upwards. Echelon raised his head once again to look at the tower above them. His eyes narrowed.

"Now."

He and Kohra pumped more Dark Magnetic and telekinetic power into the coffin, sending it shooting up towards the base of the tower, where it struck between two of the supports. No dead body lay within, of course: it was filled to the brim with Stralix Powder.

The explosion blossomed out in an orange fireball, sending chunks of ice flying from where it had hit. The sound of it echoed across the entire village.

With a groan and a crunch, the masonry beneath the tower gave way and like a felled tree, it toppled down from its perch atop the Citadel's front. The Sanctum Guards looked on in horror as it dropped, crashing down onto the mighty bridge, crushing shops and people. Ice cracked. Metal reinforcements embedded within the bridge shrieked under strain they had never been designed for. They failed, and tower, bridge, shops, and people tumbled down into the abyss below.

Echelon, Kohra, Eisen and Agrona turned to face the horrified guards.

Kohra smirked.

"Rest in pieces."

The Nightfall advanced.

OOC:

tl;dr: The Nightfall (Echelon's strike team) infiltrated Ko-Koro, disguised as a group of mourning Lesterin. They used a coffin filled with Stralix Powder to topple a tower from the Citadel, which then fell onto the bridge spanning the chasm between it and the rest of the village, sending both structures falling into said chasm. They are now fighting their way into the Citadel.

Bad guys: begin your attack!

The bulk of the Legacy forces, whose ranks have now been further bolstered thanks to an alliance with the Brotherhood of Ak'rei'an, have been ordered to mount an assault on the village's main gate. How you do that is up to you. Make me proud. ;)

Good guys: you have everything to fight for!

One tower and one bridge have been destroyed, and lives have been lost, but there are still many more to protect. Defend the gate from the advancing Legacy forces, or stop the Nightfall's advance towards the Sanctum. Remember, you have the full might of the Sanctum Guard on your side!

• Upvote 6

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro

The Lesterin walked through the streets with her head held high. Her face was painted like a skull, and her eyes were softly glazed. The witch doctor had begun to sprout flowers ever since she adopted antidermis at the vault into her body.

Agrona glanced to each member of the group as they turned away from the collapsing tower. Her vision was a little different than it once was. Her vision saw in pastels now, and she took the time to marvel at the colors of those around her. The flowers that grew from her body were the only thing that retained their original color.

She turned to the mouthless Toros who moved alongside her. The Lesterin spoke to him over the screams and shouts within the village,
"Remember what I ask of you Toros," she began, the faint sound of a slight buzzing staring and stopping as she spoke, "Stay by my side and you will be fed. Defend me with your life," her face broke out into a smile and her breath smelled of nectar, "Not that I will need it."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Nika / Tavern

Nika had just brought another cigarette to his lips, prepared to leave once it had been smoked away. He didn't like favours being given to him; they made him appear weak in front of his comrades, and could invariably lead to debts amongst them. His eyes had flickered over to an inebriated man a few tables away, the same one whose drink was currently quenching Jin's thirst. A battered black cloak hung on the back of his chair, and he had raised one eyebrow, considering the tolerance that this place's proprietor would have for petty theft.

That was before he heard the explosion.

He straightened in his chair, glancing at his compatriots.

"That doesn't sound good."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Zomma Caruchi

It was a pretty nice day. The sky was pretty blue (that's supposed to be great, yeah?), the birds were chirping like the annoying little ###### they were, and I had just bought a bottle of beer. It was a pretty nice day.

And then the ###### tower fell.

"Holy ###### what."

Edited by Onarax

IC (Kitano): His blade was glowing. Kitano raised the weapon high as he felt the clamp tighten around his wrist and power flowing up the limb into his mind. Willpower, control, and the raw strength of beasts. These were his tools now, all flowing back out of his mind, down his arm and out through this sword. he felt the power rise, and smiled grimly. This was his now, and he was going to enjoy using it.

The Piraka hadn't exactly been generous negotiators with their stolen treasure. Personally, Kitano saw Makuta's store as belonging to his followers by right of inheritance, not to this gang of Skakdi, even if they had been the first to discover it. Nevertheless, the toa of crystal was pleased with his purchase. A bit of conjured zamor crystal and his entire stock of makika venom had bought him this magnificent tool that they called a kanoka blade. It was imbubed with the power to control rahi beasts, and with its help, he had been quickly able to return to Po-Wahi and harvest more venom from his toads, extracting the corrosive substance more easily than he had ever dreamed possible. He was back to his normal stock of poison and even had time to spare before teleporting back to Ko-Wahi to meet with the dark army at the gate.

Speaking of the gate, it wasn't looking too good. He brought the bladde down, and the pair of Vako he had under his command barreled forward again, recklessly throwing themselves at the structure. Bang! The first rhinocerous connected with the gate with supernatural speed and power. A second later, the second hit the gate with a mighty crash. A large web of cracks was now spreading across the stone, and under his careful instructions, the rahi peeled away and retreated for another run. Two more, he estimated, maybe three, and the living battering rams would have reduced the village gate to splinters.

ppg2.png

IC (Jin)

I cocked my head. Last time I'd been in Ko-Koro, it'd been at the outset of the Rahkshi battle awhile back. I'd taken care then to get out quick, for safety's sake, of course, and I didn't really see any appeal in doing any different this time around. Still, I had a job...

Draining my mug dry, I set it down with a thump on the table. "Well, friends, shall we investigate?"

IC (Rorg)

Karnakie wastes words on the Guards. I do not. I do not because I know how little time they have left, and my breath is worthless in cold ears.

The explosion rings throughout the Koro; the Citadel's fall provides an echo, and my gunshot a second. The guard, reaching for his blade, drew my bullet by his own accord. His body's lifeless fall, marked by a trail of crimson fluid through the air, does not go unnoticed by his comrades, but they are too stunned to react. I reload, and swing the rifle over my shoulder, bringing my zamor launcher up from my waist. The fluid motion mirrors the fall of my opponent, and the launcher clicks into position as his body hits the ice.

It begins.

Edited by delilah

Pae turned his head to look out the window. Under his hood he remained, but he craned his neck to hopefully see something. Nothing. Wherever it came from came from the direction the inn wasn't facing. But Pae could see people running away from whatever it was, "No involvement. We could use the opportunity to complete or objective."

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Jin)

"Smart. That's what I like about you, bud. Let's go."

We got up and left. Easy, right?

Well... not quite.

The Koro was a mess. Explosions, screams, all sorts of crazy action going on all over the place. From the bits and pieces I gathered from the terrified Ko-peeps, sounded like some Big Bads had set up camp near the Sanctum and blown it halfway to karz.

"So," I muttered to my pals. "Sanctum's toast. Betcha the Guard's gonna mobilize pretty quick. I'd say now's our chance to hit Korzaa's office while she's out, along with every other guard in the city. We can get in and out and leave the terrorists with the handbag."

"Hold." The Toa of iron vanished from the others for a moment before returning about 15 seconds later. "Correct. A tower was collapsed. Mid-sized group moving towards Sanctum. I recognized one. Echelon is here."

Pae nodded, "We will appear to be working with them. Be fast. We can take the building with them if we are comfortable with contributing to their killing." He looked to his companions, while taking his protosteel hammers from their loops, "Regardless. Stick together."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

The few guards who are still standing next to myself, Rorg, and the rest of our companions were soon to learn just how foolish of an idea that was as I stepped near to them, and with a swing of my lochaber detached the head of one and sent it flying into the arms of another. That other, and his other comrades, drew back from us...and started moving to get reinforcements. I turned to my companions, and gestured to the Sanctum.

"Shall we make our entrance?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Jin)

One of the Legacy dudes looked like something out of a novel. I'd never seen someone so big. Evidently the Guards hadn't either - they turned tail and ran. Big Boy got one, cutting his head clean off, but the others took off in our direction, yelling for reinforcements.

The yeller soon wasn't yelling: I knocked him upside the head with the hilt of my knife, popping him into dreamland. He hit the snow like a broken doll.

"Hey, buddy," I called to Big Boy. "You missed a couple. Don't worry though, we gotcha covered."

OOC hello karnakie :333

IC: Greisk

Ohhhhh boy.

Shouts. Explosions. Dead bodies.

Greisk nodded at Agrona's words. He drew his Escrima sticks in preparation. Pulling up a cloth mask over his mouth(which was, thanks to Agrona, now extremely sensitive to cold wind), he looked around for danger.

Not liking this. Not at all. Nope. No no.

Cyrena. We have to survive. If that means fighting and killing... I'll try not to be too cruel.

IC:

I turned to the little Vortixx who had addressed me, frowning. I think she knew that, in truth, I had let that guard run away for a reason. I wanted to give these little people around me a chance to defend their little Sanctum within their little Koro, even though they had little chance of doing so.

Oh, how I wish I could have put that in a smaller sentence.

Still, I did have to give these Ko-Koronans a chance to defend their home, if only because 'heroes' who have survived an encounter with somebody like my group, had time to band others together, and actually gave themselves a chance to succeed, would end up acting so foolishly that it would be as though their chance of success was a small Matoran child, and they were the ones dashing its skull against a large boulder before tossing the body off of a cliff into the grey, turbulent waters of the sea below

"I wanted to play with that one," I rumbled to the Vortixx, my tone almost petulant, betraying none (well, very few) of the thoughts that had just gone through my mind. "It's just so boring to simply behead them all at once. I'm a warrior, not an executioner."

OOC: hai jin :3333

profiles i guess

IC:

"We're built to be efficient, yes, which is why I beheaded that one man and then let the others run. Demoralization is a part of our strategy, the same as killing and wounding is. If you demoralize your enemy, they become easier to kill as a whole...or they just start to run away and leave you alone." I shrugged, before stepping over, grabbing the guard that Jin had knocked unconscious, and tossing him so that he landed at Agrona's feet.

I figured I'd let her take care of any hostages they might take from this. She might have fun with them.

Then I took a moment to look at the Vortixx again, frowning...again. She was about the same size and build as Kohra was, though obviously missing any of the powers that Kohra may have had. Still, she could be useful, assuming she was on my side - and, as I'm sure she had noticed by the fact that I retained a defensive posture, I wasn't going to believe she was until it was fairly well proven to me.

"Are you here to help, or are you just trying to distract me long enough for somebody else to kill me?"

profiles i guess

IC: "Hey, uh... Anyone else hear that? Am I getting schizo again, or..."

---------------------

Whatever THAT was, it isn't good.

I let out a low chitter in anticipation and warily raised my claws, slowly backing further towards the Hospital doors. It occurred to me that I was acting more like a dog, than a crab, but hey. If it's pride or protection, I'll pick the latter.

helo frens

IC:

Ko-Koro had been caught off guard. As planned.

That status would not last, however. The Sanctum Guard was efficient, though their skill as compared to their counterpart organizations was uncertain. They had the numbers, at least; if they were given the chance to organize, they would be a threat. They must not be allowed to do so. Green eyes studied the battlefield, their owner a steel statue in still repose. The calm was out of place in the helI that the village had become, a single beacon of tranquility in a sea of seething scarlet and screams. 

It was not to last.

His analysis complete, the Toa of Iron pulled his shield off of his back with his left hand, drawing his blade from its sheath. Snow and ice crunched under his boots, the sound lost in the cacophony around him. His blade was held at his right, shield low and to his left, ready to be interposed between himself and an attack at a moment's notice. Much of the defense was falling back, trying to get away or regroup, but some stayed. Out of some misplaced sense of duty, or perhaps bravery, they stayed in place to cover the retreat of their fellows. 

One such being stepped into Eisen's path. The Ko-Matoran, likely a scholar, from the paraphernalia on his person, was terrified, literally quivering in place as she stood between the advancing swordsman and the direction of flight. The lone Matoran did not waver, even as his eyes widened to saucers. Fumblingly, the Matoran drew a small blade, likely purchased for his own defense. Eisen's pace did not slow. 

"G-Get back! I know what you monsters a-are, and I won't let you go any further!" Stammering at first, the Matoran seemed to have found his courage; the Toa of Iron respected that. The action was futile, and would accomplish nothing. But where his fellows ran, the scholar stood his ground. Commendable, truly. Had fate been kinder, he might one day have made something of himself. But the fickle universe had robbed him of that chance. Nevertheless, Eisen would give him a chance; a chance to make his death memorable.

Perhaps the Ko-Matoran sensed that, or perhaps he did not; regardless, as the swordsman drew nearer, he took his chance and charged forward with unexpected speed, thrusting his dagger towards Eisen's abdomen-

The sound of metal on metal rang as it collided with Eisen's metal-woven cloak, now interposed by the Fe-Toa's will between himself and his assailant. The Matoran had barely a chance to register the change when an unseen force hurled him back to impact against the ground with a crack. Eisen's advance continued unimpeded, and his foe once more tried to push himself to his feet, despite his now broken arm. Eisen paused over him, staring down at the determined Matoran beneath him.

"You have spirit." He commented, the tip of his blade resting against the downed being's chest. "That is commendable. Respectable. May you find peace with your god."

With a light application of pressure, the blade pushed through the chest, just below the neck. As the Matoran drew his final breaths, now even less of a threat than he ever was, Eisen stepped over him, flicking the blood off of the tip of his blade and further staining the soiled snow. Without another word he continued on his path, seeking true resistance. 

Ko-Koro would be broken, one body at a time.

IC:

"Evacuate the hospital."

Krayzikk stated, practically growling the words. The deafening noise from the village had not been lost on him, and he had already pushed his way to his feet, bones popping as he stretched. His wounds had been patched up, though some cuts had not yet been attended to; and now there wasn't time.

"The village is under attack."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Jin)

Big Boy was talkative. Normal terrorists didn't worry about demoralization: they just blew stuff up and got the karz outta dodge. Terror, not demoralization. Same thing? Nah. The second's a big word, and I had a feeling whatever Big Boy and his pals were up to was bigger than your ordinary run-of-the-mill action flick.

(the second hint was Echelon; who doesn't know that ugly mug?)

"Honey, if I wanted you dead, I'd do it myself." I smiled, then reached up and patted his cheek. "Less talk, more axe swinging. Come on."

IC: "That's what I was worried about." Kellin grumbled, hopping off from the bench and onto his feet, ankle good as new.

Almost. Kinda. In the right joint configuration and all anyway ow.

"Sure we shouldn't have everyone hole up in here?" he asked. "I mean, This place is as good a fortifiable location as any. Karz, better. It's a big, sturdy building." he reasoned, at a somewhat brisk powerwalk to keep up with Krayzikk's massive strides.

"Just think, all the things I could line with Stralix powder... Like the front gate!"

Speaking of...

"I, uh... Better get my crab." he said, stagger-dashing off towards the entrance holy KARZ ow running hurts.

helo frens