BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Rujak

The lone Ko-Toa continued his solitary trek through the Ko-Wahi wilderness. Every once in a while he would find another droplet of blood mixed into the Ice Wolf's tracks. The only sounds Rujak could hear were his soft footfalls and the crunch of snow. Rujak's shield rested against his back while he gripped his spear firmly in his hand. His visible light-blue eye swept the area round him while his scope-eye zoomed in, trying to locate the Ice Wolf he was hunting. Let's home I'm right about this wolf... Rujak thought as he trekked on.

He was going up the mountain now, drawing closer to Ihu-Koro, closer to civilization and closer to Matoran. Closer to a snack for the diseased or injured Rahi. I won't let it come to that...

IC

Ko-Koro. The city of ice.

Three days ago, this was the self-styled ‘Crown Jewel of Mata Nui’. Now the proud walls and glittering spires are home to a congregation of outcasts, criminals, madmen and worse, the likes of which has not been seen since Xa-Koro was destroyed.

How did this happen, you ask? Well, you already know how the Legacy of Makuta, their ranks swelled by the Brotherhood of Ak’rei’an, attacked and took the city. Let me tell you what has happened since.

Echelon wasted no time in securing the Citadel. By evening of the day of the assault it was fully garrisoned, and much of the damage had been repaired by Legacy Toa. With the Sanctum Guard’s armouries now in their hands, the Legacy distributed the Koro’s Patero arsenal amongst themselves. They also armed the numerous convicts that were released from the prison, further bolstering the forces under the Dark Toa’s command.

While this took place, the Brotherhood were staking out their own territory lower down in the city. Echelon had sent them to attack the gate head-on, where the Sanctum Guard’s resistance was heaviest. While they prevailed, succeeding in breaching the gates, many of them sustained injuries in the Guard’s valiant counterattack. With wounds to tend to and their leadership weakened (their Grandmaster, Larikon Torchbearer, was practically bedridden), their progress was slower and less widespread than that of their Makuta-worshipping allies.

As night fell, guards were stationed at the Koro’s entrances, more to keep the remaining population contained than to protect against intruders. By now, the people of Ko-Koro that were not long-since fled or lying dead in the streets were huddled in their homes, shying away from the windows at the light of passing torches accompanied by the sound of marching feet. Those who could settled into an uneasy sleep.

Dawn brought no solace. Many citizens woke to the sound of their doors being hammered on (or, if they failed to answer, smashed off their hinges) by squads of Legacy mixed with ex-convicts. Under the coordination of Eisen and Karnakie, these squads systematically searched every building in the Koro, save those controlled by the Brotherhood. It seemed as though they were conducting a census, as whenever they found living beings, a short interrogation ensued: name, age, profession, Koro of origin. But a census could not all that it was, because although most people were left unharmed, sometimes the unfortunate interrogee would be dragged off without warning or explanation.

Meanwhile, Kohra and a handful of other beings—the Legacy’s most technologically gifted—were working on turning the fruits of Ko-Koro’s deals with Nuparu’s engineers to their advantage, starting with the aural security system. The quick-thinking guardsmen manning it during the attack had destroyed the manuals, on realising the defence was failing. But that wasn’t going to stop Kohra, and soon the system was functional and under the Legacy’s control.

As evening approached on the first day, an unexpected message went out from the Citadel, announced to the populace by the squads that still patrolled the streets: anyone who did not wish to live in the new Ko-Koro would be allowed to leave the city the following morning, on the sole condition that they carry a message wherever they fled. What this message was and why, they were not told.

Everyone who heard this decree knew that taking the offer might well be more of a risk than staying. For many, though, the hope of freedom (even as a refugee) outweighed their mistrust of Echelon’s motives, so belongings were packed and provisions readied, and as much rest taken as possible for the journey ahead.

As the sun rose on the second day, those who had decided to accept Echelon’s offer gathered in the square facing the Koro’s gate. The Dark Toa had come to give them his ‘message’ personally. It was the first time he had been seen outside the Citadel since the attack.

The refugees, a frightened-looking collection of people and Ussal carts, huddle together in the snow-carpeted square, looking up at the dark figure standing on the battlement above the gate.

Echelon leans on the low parapet, staff in one hand. Though unseen by the populace until now, his presence has certainly been felt by every being in the city through the iron fist of his Legacy. He looks down on them with cold eyes.

As the last of the stragglers arrive, he raises his voice above the whistle of the wind to address them all.

“This is my message to the people of Mata Nui,” his voice rings out across the square. “In return for your freedom to leave this place, you will carry it to them—the Akiri, to the Koro, wherever you go, tell them this:

“Ko-Koro is now under the control of the Legacy of Makuta. Like Xa-Koro of old, it has been liberated from the tyranny of the Sleeping God and his people.

“I doubt the Akiri will approve of the new order we have imposed, so let them know this: we have a number of citizens from all five of your Koro here. Tourists, merchants, expats...more than a few children among them…”

The Dark Toa pauses, letting the words sink in.

“Now, if you cooperate, they will not be harmed. But at the first sign of any attempt to attack, infiltrate, or in any way interfere with our operations in Ko-Koro...they will be slaughtered. Try to stop what we are doing here, and you will be responsible for the deaths of your own civilians.”

Once the nervous murmurs subside, he signals the guards to open the newly-repaired gate.

“You may leave.”

Slowly, they file towards the gate, but once through it their pace quickens, eager to escape the Karzahni their home had become.

Echelon watches their retreating backs from the battlement. The Skakdi Rorg stands beside him, sniper rifle held loosely in his hands, and the walls are lined with other members of the Legacy and a few ex-convicts. They stand in silence as the refugees make their progress across the snow, and the dotted lines of their footprints gradually lengthen.

After about a minute, Echelon tilts his head in Rorg’s direction and gives a quiet instruction:

“Open fire.”

As the first shots thud into unsuspecting backs and bodies slump into the snow, it takes a few seconds for screams to rise from the refugees. Most of them break into a panicked run.

The deep retorts of the heavy Patero launchers mounted on the Koro’s walls begin to echo off the surrounding mountains. Their explosive rounds throw up plumes of snow where they strike the ground. A cart is blasted to pieces, Ussal, driver and all.

Most of the refugees escaped with their lives. The Legacy only killed enough to send a clear message: they meant business.

Individuals had been trickling into Ko-Koro ever since the attack, attracted by rumour alone, but it was not until a few hours after Echelon sent out his ‘message’ that the arrivals began in earnest. From every corner of the island came mercenaries, sellswords, assassins, bandits, thieves...anyone seeking a haven from the long arm of the law saw the new Ko-Koro as a golden opportunity. Exiles and social outcasts began to appear as well: like Xa-Koro had before it sank beneath the waves, the city attracted the dispossessed.

And, of course, there were the Makuta-worshippers. Many of them had already known of the Legacy, but with Makuta gone and the six Koro growing ever more prosperous, they had doubted Echelon’s ability to challenge the Akiri’s power. The news of Ko-Koro’s fall convinced them otherwise, and wanted men flocked from their hideouts and enclaves to see the captured city. Furthermore, on the third day, the Akiri found that a small (but nonetheless unsettling) number of their citizens had packed up and left overnight.

As the sun climbed into the chill blue sky, Ko-Koro began to teem with life. It is now well-known that the city’s coffers are in Echelon’s hands, and he does not seem to hesitate in leveraging the wealth Matoro worked so hard to amass. It is small wonder that the Koro has suddenly become so attractive to the island’s mercenaries.

The Brotherhood of Ak’rei’an, meanwhile, is rumoured to have begun converting those unfortunate enough to have been trapped in the district they control, but with their secrecy it is hard to say whether this is true, and if so, just how many they have already turned to their cause. It is said that their leader Larikon has recovered from his injuries and will go to the Citadel today to meet with Echelon.

A cloud of unease has fallen across Mata Nui. First Ta-Koro is stormed, and now Ko-Koro is occupied—in the name of Makuta, no less. Is something worse coming?

OOC:

Timeskip complete: we’ve moved forward to the third day after the attack. Ko-Koro is once more open for play.

Feel free to have your characters already be in Ko-Koro, having arrived during the timeskip, or have them arrive now IC. (If you want to create a newly-converted BoA member, get in touch with Mr House.)

One final apology for how long it’s taken me to get this done. Merry Christmas, everyone ;)

• Upvote 13

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Koro. 

Dayeth stood high upon a parapet, the icy wind whipping at her. She barely felt it, though. Blazing fire filled her veins, as it had since Makuta's antidermis had granted her a replacement for the hand that had been so cruelly torn away from her. That hand now rested on the railing in front of her, steam rising slowly from its skin every time a fleck of snow brushed past it. The past few days had been a blur to her, but Echelon had been busy. The city was his now. A new Xa-Koro. And this one would not fall as easily as the last. This was her home now. Finally, she'd gotten her wish. 

She turned away and started down the stairs. Days ago, she'd fought in these streets. Now, she and her kin ruled them. She'd already found a nice house she liked. Its previous owner had fled the city, or perhaps been killed in the attack. She opened the door using the key she'd already found the previous day, and stepped inside. The interior was bare; she'd gotten rid of most of the decorations and personal belongings, replacing them with the trophies and spoils of war. She'd helped with the final pacification of the city in the days after its fall, aided in the shooting of the fleeing refugees, and taken her share of the loot. 

At long last, after so much had been taken from her, she'd been able to get something in return. 

She moved towards a window overlooking the street and pulled it open. She smiled; it was good to be home. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dravennica stirred, eventually picking herself off of the bed she had crashed on as Shredder continued to sleep next to her.

The small shack of a house that she had decided to use as her temporary dwellings had seen better days even before the fall of Ko-Koro; the foundation was cracked both inside and out, the windows were broken, the door had long since rotted even before she had kicked it in, and the roof had practically caved in over one of the bedrooms due to the falling mortar round that had previously crashed through the ceiling. It was a miracle in itself that the place had stood long enough for her to rest there for the past few days, but it had served its purpose well enough.

Now, however, was the time to start looking for a place a bit more suitable for usage as a permanent dwelling.

The Ko-Toa took a few more moments to fully wake up before picking up her shield and strapping it onto her arm, her body refreshed from all of the hard work she had put into aiding in the reconstruction of various locations around the village. She soon fastened the sheathe of her sword onto her back, releasing a high-pitched whistle as she did so that woke up the Kavinika sprawled out on the bed before making her way into the next room. He stretched his legs, knocking the Matoran femur that he was chewing on the previous night onto the floor as he yawned and got up to follow his master.

The duo stepped outside as the Toa of Ice embraced the frigid winds, her lungs inhaling and exhaling sharply as she proceeded to make her way down the street and towards the gate leading out of the city, passing by a group of new arrivals as she walked. While she herself had arrived too late to show that she was useful for more than just taking up space and fixing up buildings, she was determined to prove her worth to the entirety of the Koro, especially to those who were now in control of it.

But in order to do so, she first had to find somewhere more suitable to enact the first phase of her plan.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-koro)

"I have seen the light, Jaatava. Why do you desire to keep wandering in the shadows?"

The Matoran who was lying on the floor of the hut remained quiet, his arms bound and his body broken. He seemed utterly miserable, which was not strange considering that he had lost his home and that his squad of Sanctum Guard had been either killed or captured, but there seemed to be a small, shimmering glimmer of hope in his eyes. For what reason, Dahkapa didn't know. Eventually, after a moment of silence, Jaatava asked with a broken voice: "What did they do to you?"

"They removed my blindfold, Jaatava", Dahkapa replied proudly. "Like I just said, I have now seen the light. I had never heard of this Ak'rei'an before, but they told me everything about Him. I am enlightened now."

"You were one of the most faithful servants of Mata Nui. How did they.."

"I was hesitant at first, yes, so they had to.. do things. Only then did I stop being so stubborn and open my eyes. Allow me to explain." Dahkapa walked to the nearby undead Lesterin, who was guarding the entrance to the small hut. "Can you see the powers Ak'rei'an gives to His followers in death? This man is dead, yet he is alive. Isn't it so.. beautiful? Can you imagine what powers He could give if He was alive?"

"Makuta gave great powers to his followers. Is that a reason to follow him?"

Dahkapa shook his head and smiled. "No, Makuta is the God of Destruction and Ruin. He's the god of madmen and murderers. Mata Nui is the God of Creation. He created the world, yes, but He was unable to watch over it, and now he slumbers after his brother betrayed Him. I always hoped that He could still help us somehow but.." His gaze wandered to some distant, invisible place. He then suddenly snapped out of it, shook his head and continued. "Ak'rei'an. He is the God of Life, let me tell you. He was once the ferryman of the dead, a servant of Mata Nui.. but when he saw us mortals suffer, he tried to give us what we deserved: immortality. But this enraged Mata Nui, who promptly killed him.. tragic, is it not?"

"What if this tale is a lie?"

"What if the tales told by Turaga were lies? Jaatava, it's easy to doubt everything. One needs faith to retain his or her sanity in this world. That's how I've always kept going.. that's how I kept going after Mata Nui fell asleep, how I kept going through the Dark Ages, how I kept going after Nuju's and Matoro's deaths.. Faith is the only pillar in my life that still stands. Faith, and nothing else." He sighed. "I'm tired of this endless war and bloodshed. I always hoped that it would end after Makuta's defeat, but it didn't." Suddenly, some light seemed to lit up in his eyes. "Ak'rei'an can end it. We shall unite the island, remove all blindfolds, and together, we will resurrect Him.." He started to gaze at the invisible, distant horizon again. "He shall return, and we will crown Him.. All of us will receive immortality, and there will no longer be any fighting.." Dahkapa seemed to get increasingly excited, his speech turning into a rave. "We can then spend our entire lives in peace, without fear, and admire the beauty of life and nature.. artists and scientists can keep improving their ideas for an eternity, and eventually, they will create the foundations for a better society.." He began to gesture with his arms and flail them around. "All will live together in harmony, all Matoran, Toa, Skakdi, Vortixx.. we will all worship one god, share our culture, and become something greater! We shall build great towers that will scrape the skies! "We will banish away the night with a thousands lights! We shall become Masters of nature.. and eventually, we will dance among the very stars themselves!"

He blinked a few times and made eye contact with Jaatava, who was staring at him like he was stark raving mad. Dahkapa chuckled when he saw this. "I'm.. sorry. I haven't been myself lately. Not after the Enlightenment. But don't look at me like I'm insane or evil all of a sudden. I still follow the Toa code.. Just.. do you understand? I want to live in a better world than this. Ak'rei'an is our only hope. Mata Nui will slumber forever, and Makuta has been slain.. What will happen to a godless world, Jaatava? I don't want to know, to be honest. I ask you, open your eyes and worship Ak'rei'an."

"Dahkapa, I'm sorry, but I can't simply abandon my beliefs. I've worshipped Mata Nui for my entire life. I can't just.. abandon Him. And I do believe that He will one day awaken. And when that day comes, Mata Nui will surely reward those who remained faithful, and punish those who didn't. My family, too, they're alive." He smiled warmly. "I saw them get out. They're fine, I know it. My children and my wife.. they're fine, Dahkapa, and I can't abandon them. Please, let me go and find my family."

Dahkapa stared at him for a moment. Then, he slowly turned his gaze away. "I.. I can't let you go, Jaatava. They'll punish me otherwise. They want to convert all prisoners. I just.. hoped that you wouldn't be so stubborn, and see the light.. just so you wouldn't have to go through the same." He turned to look at the Matoran again. "I beg you, think again. The conversion is something no one should experience. I'm trying to help you. Please."

Jaatava pondered for a moment, but he let out a long, tired sigh. "I can't take the risk, Dahkapa." He stared at the floor quiely for a while. "But if you ever see my family, tell them that I loved them"

Dahkapa stared at him with disbelief and shock. "What? Calm down, you're not going to die, unless.." He then saw the determination in his eyes. "No, Jaatava, you will break, eventually. You can't resist, and even if ou do, they'll simply make it more painful.. but after that.. No, Jaatava, please, you can't.."

"I want to at least save my soul, if I can't save my body. Like I said, old friend, tell my family that I loved them, if you ever see them."

Dahkapa seemed saddened and disappointed. "Very well then. I've done my best. What will happen to you next is in no way my fault. I wash my hands clean." He turned around and with long steps, headed outside, but stopped suddenly. "I'll tell your family that you loved them. That's all I can do for you, now." He sighed. "Good bye, friend." And with that, he opened the door and left.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Upvote 3

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Krakant

Krakant returned to Ko after three days.

Well this is different.

Much like the other Koro's, Ko was filled with activity. This activity however, was completely different, filled with murderous rampage, shouting and a whole lot of drink. Krakant ignored most of this and entered Something Different, waiting for the Matoran to enter.

IC: Garnu

This seemed like a good village. It was full of activity and livelyhood. A good village. He enetered in the gate, after trying not to be blown up by some more-than-eager guards.

OOC: Garnu open for interaction.

IC: Ira

For once, Ira wasn't raging, recovering from raging, on the verge of raging, on medications to stop himself from raging, surrounded by people that would make him rage at the slightest provocation, or even mildly raging at the world.

Right now, Ira was reflecting. Reflecting in the middle of town having a drink over an open fire.

"What a life..."

From nerdy nobody, to rageaholic arsonist, to Makuta worshiper, back nerdy nobody, and now, a Knight of Ak'rei'an.

Ira a thousand years ago wouldn't have predicted this course in the slightest. He certainly hadn't predicted that he'd be returning to this Ak'rei'an-forsaken place, and would never have in his wildest dreams imagined that he'd be coming in with a victorious army of invaders, taking the once-proud village and placing the flag of a rag-tag band of Makuta Worshipers, Ak'rei'an knights, and miscellaneous power-hungry thugs on the highest tower of the Koro.

Funny where life takes one, isn't it?

It had been a long, crazy ride. But... Ira had increasing suspicions that soon that ride would be stopping. The roller coaster (or whatever those Onu-Koronan amusement rides were called) would slowly come to a stop, the tracks would even out, and the passengers would disembark. The end, unless you paid a second fare.

There was no such second fare in real life. Once the story ended and the book closed, that was it. And Ira was becoming increasingly convinced that Echelon and his Nightfall would be closing the book of the Brotherhood very soon. Would they come for him first? The traitor? Or would he simply be struck down like the rest, with Echelon not even sparing a glance at him, merely snapping his fingers to send him to his grave?

... If Ak'rei'an ordered it, if the Angel had truly spoken to Larikon and told me he Grandmaster this was the path that there Order would be walking down, what could Ira do? There was no way out.

"... It's cold."

OOC: open for interaction

IC:

It was a small outdoor cafe on one of Ko-Koro's more affluent streets which, in its prime, had been bordered with delicate metal fencing and filled with delicate chairs and tables with crystal tops that naturally frosted over in the arctic climate without the need for special treatment. Each table was topped with a parasol to keep the snowfall from touching the heads and hands and food of customers, a luxury many did not find in the Western-most edge of Mata Nui, and when the time of day was right, patrons could find themselves serenaded by buskers and street musicians, the likes of which paled only in comparison to those found in Le. Hot chocolate had been complementary to all patrons back in the golden days.

But the days weren't golden anymore.

Now they were quite, quite dark. The delicate furniture had been smashed, the parasols shredded, the crystal tabletops shattered, the musicians vanished, the hot chocolate forgotten. The legions of Echelon and Larikon and the Piraka didn't care about such things.

One man, however, did.

And there he was, sitting in the remains of the cafe's patio eating area, in the last remaining chair, at the last remaining table, sipping hot chocolate whose recipe he had spent fifteen minutes recovering from the wreckage of the kitchens. He was Toa, with armour like blood and gold, with a Hau on his face and a sheathed claymore leaning against the remains of the fencing beside him, and even in this desolation, he seemed supremely at ease.

Perhaps that was why he was so alone.

Who would disturb a man so at home in destruction?

OOC: Sylus open for interaction.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro Streets - Moving towards the Sanctum

Agrona had spent the morning taking care of the bodies Rorg and multiple others had killed just outside the village gates. With Toros - her personal slave Toa - and a few grunts, the Lesterin had some bodies carried into the village where they would be preserved in ice for Agrona's later experimentation. Those with still a breath of life within them were killed.

But for this noon there was other work to be done.

She - with Toros trailing behind her - began her trek from the libraries to the Sanctum. Her presence brought a sweet smell to the frozen village as she passed destroyed homes, now being occupied by men and women of questionable standing. This sweet smell - full of pheromones and different nectar - seemed only slightly sickly: It was actually rather inviting.

OOC:
No formatting. Will fix later/
Agrona (and Toros maybe) are open for interaction!

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: The wind howled outside the grotto, several kios away from the entrance to Ko-Koro. There was a small fire; no bigger than it needed to be. Zueya wished it could have been bigger anyway, she mused as she warmed her hands. Around her, several refugees, most wounded from the massacre as they had attempted to leave the Koro, lay down. Most were ko-matoran; they didn't shiver at all. She sighed; of course they were adapted to this frozen biome. No vo-matoran around; from what she had heard, most of them would likely be in Onu-Koro. Only place where electric currents would be a danger. Under the earth, away from the sky. It was way too cold for this. She picked up a piece of deadwood that Aelied had created in a pile, and added some kindling (also provided). She held out her hand, and focused. She felt the static around her lessen as she drew it in, focusing on her target: the log. Electricity arced between her fingers, several sparks were emitted. Zueya narrowed her eyes, and focused more. Several bolts shot out, igniting the log. Zueya smirked. Her powers were growing easier and easier to control on her own; it was easy enough when Casanuva or Kalyss were there, since she could just use their elements as a shortcut, but she was still learning her capabilities.

"It would probably be easier if you used your toa tool. Casanuva designed it for the express purpose of focusing your elemental power."

Zueya turned, and saw her master emerging from deeper in the grotto. Aelied stood tall and slender, but not frail. She could almost her him creaking in the cold like an oak tree. Every inch of his armor was patterned with intricate carvings, even his mask. He began checking on the refugees, creating herbs and poultices as was necessary. They had arrived a couple days earlier, in time to see the battle end, and control over the Koro be consolidated. They had taken what refugees they could in secret, far enough to avoid notice from the forces in Ko-Koro, and had been learning what they could from them while nursing them back to health

Zueya looked into the heart of the fire; the colorless core. "I was just trying to get a better control of my power on my own. You know, like the rest of the team."

Aelied put a hand on her shoulder, smiling warmly. "All in due time. The fruit that ripens last usually is the sweetest."

Zueya smiled. "Did... did your meditations reveal anything?"

The elder Bo-Toa breathed deeply; the smile left his face. "I reviewed the situation. It is not favorable. The refugees here told me they have early detection devices of some sort, and are holding a number of innocents hostage, in case of retaliation."

"Is this our mission?"

The question caught Aelied somewhat off guard, but he recovered his demeanor. "I have a better question: can you live with yourself for allowing this to continue?"

Zueya looked back into the fire, then to her hand. She charged it with voltage, enough to make the air smell of ozone.

Aelied walked towards the entrance to the grotto. "I have to leave for a bit. I will return before nightfall."

The Vo-Toa stood up. Her head didn't even reach Aelied's shoulders. Her lithe gymnast's body wasn't too far off from Aelied's, except with developed muscles as opposed to her mentor's wiry look. "Be careful, master."

Aelied turned his head as he walked away, smiling. "You don't get to be my age without plenty of caution, Zueya."

Aelied saw her sit back down at the fire, a glum look on her face. She didn't appreciate the situation fully, he thought. Regardless, he was sure: she would be a great Toa. The ancient toa turned his attention to the land outside the grotto: biting wind was howling. Not quite a blizzard, but enough to obscure sight; travelling would be difficult. Using his Greenstaff for support, he plodded off. The ornate Kualsi he wore glowed, and he disappeared, instantly reappearing some distance away. This repeated, until he reached the kavinika den. Ducking his head on the way in, he heard the bristling growls of the rahi dwelling within. He frowned. He was intruding, so he would have to leave these alive.

Two circled him, looking to flank him. Aelied spread his feet as he choked up on his staff, and it animated into a large vine. No poison spikes today. He twisted around, whipping the one circling behind him, with the rahi yelping in pain as it was slammed away. The other leaped for Aelied's throat; the toa had seen this tactic before. He raised his forearm to intercept the bite, covering it with a thick layer of bark. The kavinika was not discouraged when he bit into the makeshift vambrace, and shook it. A metal disc flew at it, hitting the rahi's haunches before being blown back to the thrower's hand. The kavinika whimpered as it shrank off. Aelied looked up to where the disc had rebounded to; a Le-Toa, silver and green, muscular, average height stood, slotting the protosteel disc back into straps on his left arm, securing it as a buckler. Cyrix.

"Keep your voice down, and follow me."

The kavinika growled at Aelied, but backed down. Transforming the Greenstaff back into its wooden form, he followed, away from the den, and to a pile of rocks that made up one side of the cave. It looked a little lived-in, and there was a hole in the rocks about a third of a bio in diameter. Cyrix sat down, cross-legged, and began concentrating. There was a rush of wind, and then stillness.

"Alright, I've set up a shell of vacuum around us. We can't be heard."

"I can still smell you, though. You smell like kavinika droppings."

Cyrix snorted. "Yeah, it was the only I could get them to ignore me when I camped out here. Anyway, you're not here to discuss accommodations, you're here for my tactical report."

Aelied sat down across from the Le-Toa. "That is true. What have you learned in your reconnaissance across this island? Have you found the rest of the Toa Kalta?"

Cyrix sighed, and looked at the stone ground between them. "I found them, but I don't think you're going to like this news."

Aelied leaned in. "What happened? Are they still alive?"

Cyrix leaned back, not meeting eye contact. "I was tracking Casanuva, like you said to. Again, on your orders, I hired a merc to test him. Unfortunately..." Cyrix trailed off, looking embarrased. "Turns out the Ba-Toa I hired was an assassin, and misinterpreted the job." Aelied started getting a look. "Nothing happened. Casanuva won, with an onu-matoran friend he picked up in Onu-Koro. There was some help from an Ussalry officer, the offending Toa was taken into custody. Casanuva was recuperating for a few days in Le-Koro, and left with a local guide for Ta-Koro. I let them go there, since Skorm showed up, not too far behind, tracking Casanuva like I was. On his way out of Le-Koro, though, he ran into... trouble." He looked haunted.

A concerned look came over Aelied. "What transpired?"

Cyrix looked shaken, and took a deep breath. "He ran into a Skakdi, which had strange powers. It splashed him with something, this green liquid, and Skorm... changed. He started leaking black stuff from his mask, and acted a lot more aggressive. I followed him to Ta-Koro, where it turned out whatever happened to him, he's not with us anymore. He wanted to kill Casanuva, and the rest of the Kalta. I followed him further, to Ga-Koro. The rest of the team was there, Kalyss and Vakua. Skorm, he... he killed someone. A guard, a Marine. That night, there was a fight, the rest of the team managed to fend him off, and he escaped into the jungle. I lost track of him after that, and headed here to meet up with you."

There was a pause. It lasted a while; Cyrix ended and redid the vacuum sphere, to cycle the stale air.

"This is... troubling. I don't know how... he never seemed unstable..."

"I know. Whatever this stuff is, its dangerous."

Aelied nodded, "That will have to be considered. What of the others?"

"They're alive, and pretty much okay. Casanuva had his hand burnt, but was healing just fine, and Vakua almost drowned. From what I heard of them, they are heading here. By now they probably know what happened, don't know if their plans changed. Knowing Kalyss, probably not. They said they were taking the long way here, so it might be a while."

"At least they are safe, for now."

Cyrix frowned. "But anyway, back to the matter at hand, occupied Ko-Koro. You probably didn't notice, but they seem to have a sort of early-alert system set up. It was set up just after I got settled in here; I've been able to mask my movements as rahi movements, and covered any tracks I leave. I've been prodding the defenses, the system seems to detect sounds. I've been evading their patrols, but the kavinika have thinned out thanks to them. It's why they're a bit touchy at the moment."

Cyrix looked out the opening in the cave. There was a point of light in the distance, though the fog and wind, shining. Ko-Koro. "What's the op, sir?"

Aelied rubbed one of the crests of his mask; an mannerism he often did whilst pondering. "We rescued some of the wounded refugees that made if out of the pass leaving the city; we found out the dark forces within have two primary tricks up their sleeves: the early warning system, as you discovered, and hostages."

Anger flashed onto Cyrix's face. "Hostages? Civilians?"

Aelied nodded sadly. "They are holding them as insurance against any reprisals the other Koros might make."

The Le-Toa smirked slightly. "Good thing we aren't working under their auspices."

The elder Toa shook his head. "From the matoran descriptions, I don't think this Echelon cares."

Cyrix frowned, looking out the opening. The cold bit into him, despite the lack of wind and snow in the cave, and the air was stale. This entire island seemed to be going to Karzhani. "Is this our mission?"

Aelied leaned up. "Our immediate concern is likely to rescue these hostages."

"But is this our mission?"

The Bo-Toa sighed. "You know I can't answer that." Cyrix looked away, narrowing his eyes at the Koro.

"I can get inside the fortress at night, assuming they don't have anything we are overlooking. You can probably just quick-travel inside, over the wall or through the gate. What about the girl?"

"What about Zueya?"

Cyrix looked at Aelied cynically. "You know. She's still training. She can probably get over that wall, but there's no way she isn't alerting half the forces inside."

Aelied nodded. "True." he continued to ponder. Cyrix cycled the air again.

"The gate is open, people are coming and going besides patrols. Mostly bandits, it looks like, but you two could conceivably bluff your way inside. That option has the downside of the bad guys knowing who you are, though."

Aelied pondered, nodding slowly. "A valid solution." He rose to his knees. "We will continue our vigil. You continue monitoring the perimeter, find any weaknesses you can in their defense. I will return to Zueya, where I will begin working on a plan, and continue helping the refugees recuperate. In addition, I doubt we are the only ones in this position; if you find anyone performing similar reconnaissance, assist them as much as you can without revealing too much. Any allies we can find are invaluable."

Cyrix nodded. "Yes sir."

Aelied rose to his feet, and walked away. "Stay in the Light."

Cyrix dropped the vacuum shell, and picked up his x-bow, pulling down his magnification goggles off his forehead. He peered through the opening, watching for activity. He listened as the air shifted as Aelied used his Kualsi, blinking away,

This was going to be a rough operation. He just knew it.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

His name was Zarkov and he was a Skakdi. Bloodthirsty, greedy, aggressive, these are all characteristics that describe the Skakdi of Iron. But Zarkov is much more then that, he is cautious and he is a survivalist. When he'd heard his home on Xa-Koro had been destroyed his blood had boiled inside his iron armor. He'd laid low for the past couple months, surviving off the widgets he'd earned from his mercenary work.

Zarkov approached Ko-Koro, his clawed feet crunching snow beneath him. His crimson eyes examined the entrance into the village, noticing the armored guards. Rifle slung over his shoulder, and his claws resting on his hip, ready to be grabbed at a moments notice of needed. Zarkov smiled as he approached the gate, it was a brutal nasty smile. His teeth had been filled into sharp points and many of them had been replaced by sharp iron studs. He was wearing a coat made from Ash-Bear hide, it helped to protect him from the cold. As he exhaled a breath he watched the white vapor rise into the air. He could get used to the cold, he had a will of iron after-all.

The guards looked Zarkov over and seemed to decide his appearance was acceptable to allow into the Koro. Zarkov had noticed the blood stains in the snow on his way here, he'd noticed the Matoran, shot down as they had fled. Serves them right... Zarkov said as he entered the Koro, watching the activity of its new inhabitants. It reminded Zarkov of Xa-Koro, it reminded him of home.

Zarkov had never been a religious reptile. Makuta hadn't been a God per-say, but he had been pretty **** close. Still, he had never worshiped him or any of the other deities. But if Ko-Koro's fall and its recent rise was because of Makuta's Legacy, then perhaps it was right to praise the Lord of Shadows after-all.

OOC: Open for interaction

IC (Rorg)

I move through the city with empty hands, one face in a sea of faceless men. Were I given to poetics, I could describe the cloud that has come down upon Ko-Koro. It is an atmosphere of black deeds and cruel men, and money exchanged for blood. It does not unsettle me: this is where I have always made my home. 

The absence of law makes many afraid: they do not understand how peace may be kept in a city of criminals. Ignorance, like a disease, rots away the resolve of lesser men, and they huddle around their fires, behind their walls, shivering only because they do not know what it is they fear. I have learned that there is nothing in this world that deserves my fear, save that which I do not understand. 

And I understand this city. I understand those who now call it home, because they are kin to me. We are the heroes without a just cause, and so they call us criminals; we are the warriors of a dark god, and so they call us infidels; we are merchants bartering away our own morality, and for that they despise us. But we are no more law-breaking than any Akiri: we only choose to obey different codes, and serve different masters. There are unspoken agreements that permeate this fallen city, like the unseen strands of a vast spider's web, and each strand links us together:

Blood for blood.

Eye for eye.

Tooth for tooth.

Money for life.

Money for death.

Power for power.

I move through the city with empty hands, one face in a sea of faceless men.

• Upvote 3

-IC:-

Brother, I am fire
Surging under the ocean floor.
I shall never meet you, brother--
Not for years, anyhow;
Maybe thousands of years, brother.
Then I will warm you,
Hold you close, wrap you in circles,
Use you and change you--
Maybe thousands of years, brother.

-Kin, Carl Sandburg

I exist.

Pain surges from axons into neurons, coalescing within my central nervous system. Tendons grow taunt, muscles ripple and exsert with vitality. Senses elevated into acuity via apotheosis; minutiae become vividly lucid. Mind emerging from the tempest of silence, reforming in the nonpareil crucible of exaltation. Respiration; gradual, svelte, calm.

I experience.

Coldness, seeping into skin, into flesh, into bone. Winds tearing into me, a sciolistic predator's feint. Landscape stark, mindless; a desolation of ash and snow. Infinite shades of white and grey, unstained, unfeeling.

I observe.

My six Rahkshi moving with unnatural silence, servants of death; their power is fear, their strength the weakness of the hunted. In tandem, they stalk, never separate, never autonomous; perfection of unified form. I have instructed them to become this machine, to embody the paragon of reciprocity.

I ascend; spiritual extravasation.

Darkness, sempiternal. Ineluctable flame of burning stars, melting, breaking bodies; cruelty aeonian.

A single word, piercing the silence, consuming the tranquility.

Hakann.

The touch of unhindered Ko-Wahi air is the caress of death. I embrace it, lips stretching in equivocal half-smile, the scarlet and crimson of my form a sharp contrast to the neutrality of my surroundings. Vezok maunders behind me, resuming a lower volume after his initial outburst, no doubt complaining or scheming; I study the uncouth mussitations carefully, dissecting the linguistic patterns, but do not respond.

Death has come to this wasteland Ko-Wahi. I can taste it, hovering in the flat, benumbing air. I can feel it emanating from the stone and ice, the glory of blood, iron, screams; it speaks to me, sussurations of nihility.

Vezok clears his throat, as impatient and boorish as ever. With unmitigated discourtesy:

“How ####### long do you want to stare at the mountain?

I turn, eyes flat, half-smile omnipresent. Simply delightful company; I couldn't possibly think of a single attribute I could possibly change, nor a solitary feature I would remove.

Apologies, Vezok. Ko-Koro awaits.

He rolls his eyes with the grace and elegance of a cripple being forced to march, and strides off wordlessly. A gesture to my patrolling Rahkshi, and then I join him, surpassing his speed effortlessly. He glances in my direction, apparently uncaring. The bliss of meditation still slightly present, my half-smile persists.

For a moment, as the last slivers of calm vanish consecutively into the biting winds, I am enraptured with a delusion of unity, of no immediate threat of demise or betrayal. Reality surges into focus when Vezok grumbles a particularly colorful curse, and we march onwards in silence.

OOC: Hakann, Vezok, and their Rahkshi outside of Ko-Koro. Open for interaction once inside.

• Upvote 5

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Koro. 

Dayeth took to the streets. It had been far too long since she'd been able to walk down a street without fear of being mobbed, attacked, or prosecuted for her beliefs. This was the city of Makuta now, and she refused to let it go the way Xa-Koro had. She browsed the row of half-looted stores and shops, until she came across one that looked to have once been selling weapons. She wandered inside. The floor was littered with broken glass from the windows, and there were still dry streaks of blood on the floor. She walked past it all, looking around until she found a locked door at the back of the shop. A storeroom of some kind, it seemed. 

Grasping the door handle in her left hand, she melted it and the lock to slag, before calmly pushing the door open and stepping inside. The room was full of weapons: expensive, high-quality pieces that hadn't been up the front of the store. She browsed through them, looking for something to suit her needs. Her war axe and knife weren't in the best condition, and she soon found adequate replacements. "You served me well," she said solemnly, blasting her old weapons with a searing fiery burst that melted them into a puddle of molten metal, before taking up her new ones, and putting them in the old sheathes.

She left the store and exited out into the street once more. Today was going to be a good day, she could feel it.

OOC: Dayeth open for interaction. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Ic: Garnu

As Garnu walked the streets, he saw... Someone come out of a shop. He looked like a reasonable person, so he walked up to him.

"Hello." He said.

"Mind telling me where I am and what's happened?" He asked, in as nice a tone as he could with his hollow, deep echoing raspy voice.

Ooc: 'tis you Roman.

Edited by Alijar

IC: Adov, Ihu-Koro

The air was cold. It was always cold, though. It only made sense the air was cold, given where the Koro was located. After all, there were patches of snow everywhere, from where the tree didn't catch it, or where snow fell. Adov, Toa of Ice, Highlander, walked in the snow. It wasn't unusual for so much snow to be on the ground, but it wasn't something that happened every day. The cold didn't bother the Toa, though. He just walked. The snow crunched underfoot.

A quick glance around with his faded yellow eyes. People were around, but it was eerily silent. Odd. Not much sound aside from the crunching of stone, or the sound of footsteps. The silence wasn't uncomfortable. In fact, Adov quite liked it that way. Though the amount of footsteps all around interrupted the silence...

He shook his head, and walked out of the village. He had no work this day specifically, he could do with being out of the Koro. A quick walk, and the Toa had left without a word. Adov glanced down the mountain, to see if anyone was approaching the Koro.

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

Following closely behind the two Piraka was a third figure, an ear splitting grin on his face and as he regarded the  ruins of the battle that had taken place here. The pure white snow was tainted with blood, it's metallic smell filling the air. The Toa breathed in deeply, admiring it's scent on the wind. 

This, this is my inheritance. This is what I was promised he thought with glee. Pure, unadulterated power. Power over life and death, to choose who to kill and who to save.

Beneath his feet ice crackled and bones shattered, the Toa taking no care over what and who he walked on. 

He spread his arms wide around him and his began to glow. In front of him, bits of metal from the dead and the refugees turned brown, breaking up into dust and scattered by the shrill winds that gusted across the Koro. In his wake, where once they was rich and vibrant colour there was now a monotonous tone of rust, covering the bodies of the dead and all their former possessions.

Ooh Corruption, how I love you Lantz thought.

"It seems we've come too late" he told Hakaan and Vezok. "What a pity."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC Adomai:

Finally. Three days, he had been walking. For the longest time, he had been feeling nothing but cold. As he approached the city, he felt something inside him stir, as if he was almost to his goal.

This was most likely caused by the fact that he was almost to his goal.

Once his stay in Ko-Koro was ended, Adomai would be ready to exact his revenge. The Akiri who shunned him, the friends who had abandoned him, the woman who had essentially spat on him when he was down. They would finally know the pain he had felt.

He stood before the guards and uttered "I wish an audience with the ruler of Ko-Koro, the dark Toa, Echelon."

OOC: Open for Interaction. Also, since I'm assuming Ghosthands has Echelon under his control, this is directed towards him.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Zomma Caruchi

So here I am, sitting around in a cave somewhere in Ko-wahi, waiting for the snow to settle a bit before I off to somewhere less evil. Evil, you ask? Yeah, the bloody Makuta folks took the village of ice. Was there, yaknow? Except I got out before everything crashed. Was annoying. There was a guy who wouldn't let me kill him. Even if I shot him in the arse.

Anyway, I'm on a tangent.

Gotta head back to ... Ta or sommat.

IC: Dravennica's eyes danced around as she continued on her way, noticing a certain Skakdi that she distinctly remembered burying in snow after her group had previously left him for dead enter a nearby shop. Intrigued slightly that he had survived his injuries, she decided not to stick around long enough to see if he remembered her; while it had been some time since she was able to put her fighting skills to the test, she didn't think it wise to go starting pointless confrontation in the middle of the village.

When she had put a few streets between him and herself, the Ko-Toa again recognised another figure that she had become quite familiar with over the past few days; a certain Ta-Matoran who was in the process of exiting a shop after she had apparently replaced her former weapons. She gave her a quick nod of approval over her new set of armaments and an even quicker smile as she maintained her pace through the city.

Perhaps she would want to be in on what the Toa of Ice was planning? The Matoran of Fire did share a common hatred for their mutual foe Verulas, after all...

Either way, she would have to approach her later with her plan, for now was the time to find her new home.

OOC: Dravennica is open for interaction.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

For once, Ira wasn't raging, recovering from raging, on the verge of raging, on medications to stop himself from raging, surrounded by people that would make him rage at the slightest provocation, or even mildly raging at the world.

Right now, Ira was reflecting. Reflecting in the middle of town having a drink over an open fire.

"What a life..."

From nerdy nobody, to rageaholic arsonist, to Makuta worshiper, back nerdy nobody, and now, a Knight of Ak'rei'an.

Ira a thousand years ago wouldn't have predicted this course in the slightest. He certainly hadn't predicted that he'd be returning to this Ak'rei'an-forsaken place, and would never have in his wildest dreams imagined that he'd be coming in with a victorious army of invaders, taking the once-proud village and placing the flag of a rag-tag band of Makuta Worshipers, Ak'rei'an knights, and miscellaneous power-hungry thugs on the highest tower of the Koro.

Funny where life takes one, isn't it?

It had been a long, crazy ride. But... Ira had increasing suspicions that soon that ride would be stopping. The roller coaster (or whatever those Onu-Koronan amusement rides were called) would slowly come to a stop, the tracks would even out, and the passengers would disembark. The end, unless you paid a second fare.

There was no such second fare in real life. Once the story ended and the book closed, that was it. And Ira was becoming increasingly convinced that Echelon and his Nightfall would be closing the book of the Brotherhood very soon. Would they come for him first? The traitor? Or would he simply be struck down like the rest, with Echelon not even sparing a glance at him, merely snapping his fingers to send him to his grave?

... If Ak'rei'an ordered it, if the Angel had truly spoken to Larikon and told me he Grandmaster this was the path that there Order would be walking down, what could Ira do? There was no way out.

"... It's cold."

OOC: open for interaction

IC:

"You should get a jacket," Zarkov said as he approached Ira. His crimson eyes seemed to stare down Ira as he came closer, a grin spreading across his maw and revealing his pointed teeth.

"I made mine myself, wasn't too hard. Killed the bear too." he grinned. "What you think about all of this?" he waved a clawed hand at the surrounding desolation of Ko-Koro.

"To me its beautiful."

IC: Ahka Tamara, Ihu-Koro

"This is your home."

A De-Toa stood next to the small Vo-Matoran that was speaking, amplifying her voice so that it reached the farthest members of the gathered crowd, refugees, villagers, and Highlanders alike. She had gathered them here, in response to what Ko-Koro had done, what Ko-Koro had become. Most of the Highlanders–a good number of the residents, for that matter–were ex-mercenaries, ex-assassins... Exactly the kind of people that Ko-Koro was now a haven to. Judging by the small number who had already left, a few of them still had dreams of being that kind of person. And now... Now that a hive of lawlessness right on the doorstep of Ihu itself... it was time for Tamara to become the person the village needed her to be, had elected her to be. Her fingers were tapping on the hilt of her badge of office nervously, but her voice did not tremor.

"This is your home," she repeated, growing a little louder. "This is the home you've built.  We're alone here, on the top of the world, but what a place we've become. From the ashes of a murdered people and the efforts of atoners... We've risen to become a home for all those who want a second chance. No matter where you've come from, no matter what you've done, Ihu became your home, and you've taken care of it, lived in it, and defended it."

"It can become your refuge," she continued, turning to the exiles. "Ko-Koro is overrun with the servants of a dead demon. They've run you out of your village, have killed your neighbors, have destroyed the force that protected you. I can't promise you that Ihu-Koro can defend you any better than the Sanctum Guard did, but... You have a place to stay here, and guards that won't give up as long as they have breath in their bones."

She paused, her lips moving slightly as she tried to come up with the next words to say... And a skinny looking Vortixx limped onto the platform. His plain white armor had the gold stripes of a Sergeant painted on the shoulders, the left mark visible above the white bandages that wrapped his left arm up to the elbow. He said something to her, the De-Toa muffling the words, and she nodded once, her voice rising again as he limped off. "Akiri Jaller... Has seen fit to aid us. We have supplies. We have guards. We can survive. We will survive. This is Ihu-Koro, this is our home... And it is our redemption."

"It's our turn again. It's our turn to prove that a home for the weary and a second chance are not just ideals that have to be striven for and never reached. It's time for us to defend ourselves, our homes, and our village. It's time for us to stand behind the Koro and all it represents." Her voice rose once more, a glint catching in her eye as she pulled her sword, her badge of office, out of its sheath and extended it to the sky, the words emblazoned on it shining in the sun. For the many, one.

"Ihu has defended us for long enough. Now, we are many... For the one."

Edited by Joseph Cooper
  • Upvote 5

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Tarkahn:

After a few days, the skakdi returns to my shop, and I bring out the weapon I'd so lovingly crafted.  The skakdi is waiting, and I unwrap the Weapon.

"This is Blazing Fang," I say proudly, showing him the Swordstaff.

Edited by The UltimoScorp

OOC: Ah Alijar... Dayeth is female. 

IC: Dayeth. 

Dayeth blinked several times in surprise at the being who had sauntered up to her. "How did you manage to get into this city without knowing anything about what happened here?" she said in disbelief. She spotted Dravennica pass by, giving her a quick nod and a smile, which Dayeth returned. They would need to talk later, she decided. Their mutual hatred for a certain somebody could make for a mutually beneficial alliance...

She turned back to Garnu. "Well?" 

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Koro Streets

"This is the island of Mata Nui..." Dayeth stammered in disbelief. Surely Echelon had trustworthy people guarding the city gates. How could they have let this idiot into the city without performing some kind of background check? "...and you're in the last place you want to be." Her tone hardened. This guy had to be lying. He could be an enemy spy, and she couldn't let that kind of risk wander freely through the city. "I'm taking you to The Sanctum," she all but snarled.

In a flash, she had her knife drawn and leveled at his throat. "Resist, and I'll kill you where you stand. Try to run, and everyone around us will help me. This is our city now." 

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Koro Streets. 

Dayeth sheathed the knife, instead raising her left hand and keeping that pointed at him. As weapons went, that was far more lethal.

"This way." she hissed venomously, inclining her head towards the direction of The Sanctum. 

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Koro Streets.

Dayeth smiled cruelly, letting her prisoner walk ahead of her. He clearly didn't realise the danger he was in. Surely he realised her hand - with its translucent, obsidian skin, razor-edged claws and glowing red veins - wasn't natural. Flickering shimmers of heat rose of her hand, and she was just itching for an excuse to hit him with a fireball. She wasn't a true Toa, sure, but she was still not a threat to be trifled with. 

"Across the bridge," she snapped, indicating the ice bridge that would allow them to cross over to The Sanctum. 

IC: Dayeth - The Sanctum.

Dayeth was, admittedly, enjoying this more than she should. Once upon a time, she would never have stood a chance against a Vortixx. Now here she was, driving one before her like rahi to the slaughter. They stopped at the doors to the Sanctum, and she approached one of the guards, keeping a careful eye on Garnu out the corner of her eye. Not that he would get far if he chose to run, but still...

"This one was wandering the city, claiming to have no idea where he was or what was happening," Dayeth explained quickly. "I don't believe him, nor do I believe that the guards at the city gates would allow him entry. I thought it best to bring him here and hand him over to the Legacy. I figure that you will b able to discern the truth." 

He stood before the guards and uttered "I wish an audience with the ruler of Ko-Koro, the dark Toa, Echelon."

OOC: Open for Interaction. Also, since I'm assuming Ghosthands has Echelon under his control, this is directed towards him.

OOC: Hakann, Vezok, and their Rahkshi outside of Ko-Koro. Open for interaction once inside.

IC

The new gates, a combination of elementally-forged metal and crystal, sat ajar, but the path of anyone wishing to enter the Koro was blocked by a half-dozen guards. They were hardened-looking beings, mostly Toa, but with a Lesterin and a Skakdi among them. All held weapons at the ready, and all carried some kind of long-range capability as well: the Toa held Patero launchers, and the two foreigners had more advanced ordnance.

The Lesterin stepped forward as Adomai approached, looking him over with scrutiny. The Toa seemed to fit the bill: big guy, darkly-coloured armour, wearing an expression he clearly thought was the height of menace.

"You an' half the Wahi," he replied. "Who are ya, an' what's your business in Ko-Koro?"

The Lesterin's lip curled.

"Besides high an' mighty meetings with 'Is Nibs."

Looking over Adomai's shoulder, the Lesterin's eyebrow inched upwards at the sight of two heavily-armed Skakdi leading a squad of Rahkshi approaching across the field of snow. Now that looked interesting.

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Adomai:

"Look, I'm not looking for trouble. I just really need to see your boss, and I'd hate to get my trident dirty. I just cleaned it. You know how hard blood is to clean off of protosteel? No wonder you can't finish pronouncing words. 'Is Nibs? What in the world does that even mean?" Adomai continued walking toward the Lesterin guard, and when they were inches apart, he thrust his trident into the wall near the guard's head. "Now, here's what you're going to do. You will open that gate, take me through the city, and, not to sound cliche, take me to your leader. Got that?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro)

It was beautiful

"Please, pl- chhhchc - ease, don- chchhcchh - "

"Silence, scum." Mortem instructed the matoran he was choking with one skeletal hand. "Turn from you god and live."

It was really quite amusing how the little matoran's eyes were beginning to bulge. He tried to reply, but all that came out was a faint choking noise.

"A shame that you are such a faithless worm, is it not?" Mortem asked his victim absent-mindedly.

The last few days had been bliss. The Reaper had spent his time hunting down what few survivors remained to be captured. Technically, he was supposed to be capturing them too, but it was just so fun to see them plead.

Mortem hummed a tune as the matoran's neck smashed apart in a bloody mess when the vortixx used his Fragmentation power.

Their unity will be shattered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ground and my armour is covered in the matoran's blood, but it doesn't matter too much...

Standing, I see Dayeth walking towards the Sanctum behind me, another being in front of her.

"Still finding them?" My instincts are itching to rip this newcomer apart, pulverize his flesh and crush his bones-

-but that might have to wait.

"Who is this one?" I don't really care.

IC: (Vandal/Obsidian Outpost)

Seeing Zero approaching with the healer, Rekhyt said:

"Just a few broken ribs, and maybe a fractured kneecap. Nothing serious..." He explained, wincing.

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Rujak

Today Rujak was a hunter. His prey was a predator itself, the Toa of ice knew to not underestimate his foe. Ice wolves were cunning Rahi. Dangerous in packs but this one seemed to be alone. The closer its trail brought Rujak to Ihu-Koro the faster his pace became.

The trail curved to the left, Rujak was nearing the top of the mountain now, If he craned his neck he would most likely see the village. Another droplet of blood lay in the snow. He was close now.

Snow fell into Rujak's mask as he drew his shield off his back and followed the trail towards a large cave. Rujak approached the mouth of the cave, he could hear wind whistling from within, and something else, a steady crunch and the sound of tearing meat.

Rujak stepped inside the shadow of the cave and then went still, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the poor lighting. A few slow minutes crawled by and then he saw it. The Ice Wolf at the end of the cave. It was standing over the form of a still Matoran, one that seemed to be torn open.

More then that, the Ice Wolf was staring right at Rujak with hungry eyes. Rujak could almost sense the wrongness coming from the Rahi, it was sick, Injured or tainted by darkness. This was not how Ice Wolves were supposed to be.

Rujak turned his spear at an angle and took a step forward. A low growl escaped the maw of the beast. The wolfs eyes glew in the darkness. Then it lunged forward. Fast, quicker then he had expected.

The wolf lunged at Rujak now, he jumped backwards out of the cave and into the snow, giving him a better field for his tussel with the wolf, as it surged past him he swiped its side with his spear cutting Into its flesh and splattering the snow with dark blood.

The wolf turned and jumped at Rujak he tried to raise his shield but it was too late, the wolfs massive clawed paw knocked it down, forcing Rujak to drop his shield to the snow. Then it's claws cut Into Rujak's shoulder. He ignored the pain, he didn't have time for it. Not now. The beast began snapping its jaws at Rujak's throat trying to go in for the kill.

He stabbed his spear Into the wolf, it howled with pain as the spear went in its chest and came out its back, however was not dead. It's claws scraped across Rujack's chest now, cutting him.

Rujak focused his elemental powers on the snow at his feet. He closed his eyes just as the wolf lunged towards his neck once more, then stopped. He opened his eyes to see the wolf impaled on multiple spikes of ice Rujak had created from underneath of it. The wolf whimpered and then the light left its eyes.

Rujak sighed, "May you have peace." He said as he touched the wolfs forehead and allowed the ice-spikes to retract back into normal snow. The wolf crumpled to the ground in a heap. Rujak turned back to the cave, he couldn't leave the Matoran inside. He needed a proper burial...

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

"Eh. I'm sort of out of it right now. Guess I'm high off of painkillers right now. Or stoned, whatever this is called. Excuse me if I take a while to fully grasp the beauty of the situation." That would also explain why he wasn't raging. Ira took a sip of his Irish Lesterin coffee before saying: "A jacket? Never really thought of that."

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro)

Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 1

The light- the horrible, stinking, stupid light- glints off the translucent blade of my sword as I swing it downwards, removing the blood and dirt-streaked Ko-Matoran's arm. He cries with the pain, his blood spurting out of the wound into the snow, and he goes silent as, grasping him by the chest, I lift him up to eye level and blast his head off with my impact vision, the rest of the corpse held in place by my fist. I fling the cadaver off onto a bonfire nearby, and, after retrieving the head, throw it up to one of the guards on the wall, who mounts it on a spike. I grin with delight.

OOC: Khil'rayu's open to interaction. So yeah. Anyone feel like discussing the finer points of dismemberment via impact vision/telekinesis with him? :)

VBWj75sh.png