BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Verulas - Obsidian Outpost (Armory)

The Bo-Toa tested he weight of the Protosteel Bow in his hand once again, finding it acceptable before creating a wooden arrow and firing it into a training dummy.

Days prior, he had made his way down there while exploring the base as he had finally gotten the chance to familiarise himself with its layout. The other mercenaries saw little of him during his brutal self-preparations for his upcoming trial, preparations that had unfortunately caused him to break his makeshift Wooden Bow. He had decided to try to begin using one again after the events of Ko-Koro, partially because the weapon had a greater range than his throwing knives and partially because he was honestly getting a little sick of going to retrieve them everytime he was forced into ranged combat, something he wouldn't have to do for his arrows since they were created from his elemental powers.

When he got to the armory, however, finding one that suited him was akin to searching for a lost widget inside a den of starving Kavinika.

The majority of the bows there were unfavourable to him in weight; either they were far too heavy and hampered his movement speed, or they were far too light, causing him to misfire as he readied himself to use them. He was about to give up when he kicked over a nearby weapon rack in frustration, revealing one that had somehow found itself lodged behind an ammo cabinet for launchers. The room's lighting caused it to shine as he wrapped his fingers around its grip, and once he strung it with a vine and fired it off for the first time, he knew he had found his replacement even though he soon found the leather beneath his palm to be extremely uncomfortable. After absorbing the remaining pieces of his old one, he removed the strips with one of his knives and created a seamless wooden coating around the outside of the metal, adding his own touch to the already existing weapon and making it his own.

It was as if it had been previously made to be an extension of his own body.

Satisfied with the shot, he strung the weapon back over his shoulder and proceeded to head towards the courtyard to await his trial.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Forger

It was a good day.

• Clear weather
  • No refugees
  • Entertaining fights lined up

Some subconscious anxieties crept in the darker recesses of his brain, likely the same ones on Zero and Enforcer's minds. Ko-Koro had been quiet, but that didn't mean they wouldn't have to eventually deal with their new, unwelcome neighbors.

At least the outpost had returned to a state of normalcy. They even had a couple jobs lined up, one to Ga-Koro and an investigation of Kini-Nui and it's vault. To find out something, anything about the strange powers and people that Enforcer and the others had seen in Ko-Koro.

Besides, it sounded a good adventure in it's own right, wasn't that what he had signed up for?

It was a good day.

• Upvote 1

...but close to it

OOC: On mobile

IC: Transient

Transient rounded the corner and ran smack into Forger. He nearly fell over backwards.

"Er, sorry, brother," he said apologetically. "Are the trails starting again? W-where should I go, you know, to await my trial?"

OOC: Hope you don't mind the interaction, Tiragath :)

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

I give Zero a questioning glance, and she nods. I spin my body, lashing out with my halberd at Charek behind me. 

The trial has begun. 

OOC: y tho

IC: Charek saw the attack coming, of course- all his years honing his speed and reflexes made such a task child's play.

Dodging was another matter entirely.  He had just enough time to move his head with the halberd to lessen the inevitable impact before the shaft slammed into the side of his Kakama with enough force to send him sprawling.  Disoriented, he skidded across the floor a bit before managing to stabilize himself on all fours.  With a scowl he activated his Kanohi, braced himself for a forward charge-

-slammed his fist into the floor, and a stream of boiling whiteness arced from the ground towards the Vortixx.

OOC: Right, edited to be more in line with how BZPRPG plasma works.  For the record, yes, this takes a decent amount of energy.  Charek isn't concerned with that right now.  Getting sucker-punched doesn't sit well with him.  :P

Edited by Endless Freeze (Alaki)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

You've got to be kidding me.... I throw myself to the side, feeling the intense heat sear my legs as I narrowly avoid the blast. I reach instinctively for my plasma weapon to return fire, before it occurs to me that it's going to be useless against the Su-Toa. 

I get back to my feet and hold my halberd at the ready, trying to decide how best to deal with him. He has speed on his side, but I have strength. And smarts....

"Come and get me." I challenged. "Coward." 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: The disguises... were passable. Aelied had woven a rough poncho (easy when you can coax the individual threads, in actuality tiny tendrils, to weave themselves together), adorned himself with smooth hardwood armor. He hunched as much as he could without looking too exaggerated, or hurting himself. Finally, he animated the Greenstaff to curl at the end, with a few thorns for good measure.

Zueya, in comparison, didn't have so radical a change: simple black warpaint, the dye made from fruit Aelied had created. Spiraling patterns, similar to those on the elder Toa's armor, but larger, less intricate.

As they waited for the paint (and dye, in the case of Aelied's threadbare poncho) to dry, Aelied scratched one of the points of his mask. "We have disguises, just in case. Now, we need names. Disguises were your idea. Anything for our names?"

The young Vo-Toa sat back in thought. "Well, it's always a classic to reverse your name. Aelied would be... Deilea, and Zueya would be Ayeuz. Don't sound too ridiculous."

Her master smiled. "Maybe we should switch those names around. Might fit better."

Zueya smiled. "Yeah, that does sound good. Deilea..." She rolled the name around, getting used to it.

Aelied stood, and walked to the cave entrance. If they were to leave, there was one thing he had to do. "Get ready by the time I'm back. I intend for us to reach Ko-Koro before dusk."

Zueya nodded eagerly. "Yes, master!" She got up, and moved the poncho to quicker dry it by the fire. Aelied exited the cave, and watched for any sign that they were being watched. None, as usual. The Bo-Toa activated his Kualsi, and quickly traveled away. Moments later, he was at the Kavinika den. He was not attacked this time, and he teleported next to Cyrix, who silently affirmed his master's presence. The Le-Toa concentrated, and a vacuum bubble formed around them.

"What is it this time? You get those refugees out?"

The Bo-Toa nodded. "They are safe. Zueya and I are going to disguise ourselves and enter under fake names; its better that you not know them. I want you inside the walls tonight. Are you capable of doing so?"

The Le-Toa narrowed his eyes. "I was just waitin' for you to say that. What do I do once I'm inside?"

"Find Zueya and I, you will recognize us. I am being disguised as an herbalist, and Zueya my bodyguard. Contact me, and I will give you further orders."

"That all?"

Aelied looked Cyrix in the eye. The elder Toa's mask was grave. "Yes. Good luck."

Upon returning to the cave, Aelied found Zueya putting out the fire, and burying the ashes. "Are you ready, Zueya?" he asked.

Zueya sprang up, smiling. "Who's that? I am Deilea, stalwart bodyguard!"

Aelied raised an eyebrow. "You might terrify small matoran. Remember, its not about what you say, it's what you don't." The young toa slumped. "Try frowning, that smile's too innocent for who you are supposed to be. Frown, act like everything annoys you, and you are ready to kill something."

"So," Zueya laughed, "Do my best Skorm impression?"

The words hit Aelied like a sledgehammer. She... she didn't know about Skorm. The two had been close in their training, quite the odd pair; Zueya so small and innocent, Skorm so massive and cynical. He had begun to worry about a further relationship, but then their time was up for training... It hadn't struck Aelied how exactly he was going to break it to Zueya that Skorm was... gone.

"That... that might work." Aelied spoke easily, hiding his apprehension. Zueya frowned, lowered her head, and raised her shoulder. To complete the image, she growled slightly. "It will do, I guess." Aelied darned the poncho, and the two Toa exited the cave. The sun was already beginning to set.

"From now on, I am Ayeuz. They have a listening device set up, and will hear anything we say as we approach. Is that clear... Deilea?" The Vo-Toa took a fraction of a second longer to react to her 'name', but she nodded. Together, they strode toward their goal. Towards Ko-Koro, and what Aelied knew would be Zueya's greatest trial.

The sun glared off the snow, hours later, as the two approached Ko-Koro's gate.

OOC: My characters sure like queuing. In line at Ko-Koro's gate!

• Upvote 2

The times, they are a-changing...

You've got to be kidding me.... I throw myself to the side, feeling the intense heat sear my legs as I narrowly avoid the blast. I reach instinctively for my plasma weapon to return fire, before it occurs to me that it's going to be useless against the Su-Toa. 

I get back to my feet and hold my halberd at the ready, trying to decide how best to deal with him. He has speed on his side, but I have strength. And smarts....

"Come and get me." I challenged. "Coward." 

IC: Charek snarled and blurred into motion, his Kakama propelling him across the ground- not directly at Enforcer, but sideways, keeping him barely visible as he strafed the Vortixx with a spray of plasma bolts.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost. 

I'd killed more than a few Toa in my lifetime, so I know plenty about Kanohi masks. The mask Charek wore was the Kakama - the mask of speed. It increased the pace of his physical locomotion, but not his mental processes - like aim and reaction times. 

I start to run to the side, on an course to intersect Charek, and leap at where he'll be in an instant's time. Plasma splashes across the armour of my chest and shoulders, scorching the heavy plating. My skin stings at the blistering heat, but I don't intend to give up so easily. 

It's my job to test Charek, after all. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro, Near the Sanctum)

Immediately after the hammer hit and the Lesterin collapsed, Dahkapa froze for a moment, and stared at the unconscious body lying on the ground in terror, while trying to understand what had just happened to him. Then he dropped his hammer, hurriedly kneeled down and flipped the Lesterin over. He let out a sigh of relief after he saw the warm glow of her heartlight. I'm so sorry, he thought, I don't know why anger took me over, why I let hatred flow in my veins. But I will repay you, and open your eyes. You will see the light of Ak'rei'an..

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a loud thump coming from behind him. He stood up, turned around and saw Zekev standing near the Vortixx, who was lying on the ground. "Is he alive?" he asked the fellow Knight with a broken voice, and picked up his hammer.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander
  • Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Transient

Transient reach the arena. He took a seat among the shouting crowd, watching the battle unfold between Enforcer and the recruit.

He was afraid.

The thought hit him suddenly and without warning, and it caused him to catch his breath. He hadn't felt fear - true fear - in years. Even seeing Varan again hadn't really scared him. But now, as he was nearing his time, he couldn't help but notice the chill that crawled up his spine. He was going to have to fight a determined, foolhardily-courageous recruit, probably in her prime. It wasn't to say that he, Transient, was old - but he was out of shape, not to mention lacking the experience and reflexes he once had. He was going to have to rely on his powers and intelligence.

Sitting back in his chair, the Toa of Earth grasped his knees tightly, no longer paying attention to the match. All he could see in his future was defeat... something he'd sworn to never accept alive.

IC: You know, the chill air wasn't so bad... wearing the amulet, that is. Maeloc made his way across the ice bridges, to the main gate. Just overhearing part of Echelon's speech as he walked past the room brought a smirk to his face. Maybe this whole problem would be... gone by the time he got back. But enough wishful thinking, he had a job to do. He adjusted his pack, light, just a few day's food and water supplies, and a small bedroll. He hoped the rest had packed sensibly. He arrived at the gate, and began waiting. The sun crept lower in the sky.

OOC: When everyone shows up, we will transition to Ga-Wahi! Also, Ghost, 'Ayeuz' and 'Deilea' are waiting to get in. ALSO: anyone on the expedition, type OOC 'Ready to go!'. I realized there might be a bit of a discrepancy in size between the expeditions, and I might have... some reinforcements.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC Kotak: More and more were lining up at the gates.

It irritated him, that he could not simply enter as he could most places.

The surrounding air became, if possible, even colder around Kotak as he waited to enter Ko-Koro.

OOC: Open for interaction, since we have a ton of us out here.

IC: Varan

Varan was tempted to grumble something not-too-pleasant - instead, he took a deep breath and forced his words down.

The Ba-Toa could make out other beings among the wind, now that the gates of the Koro were only a few hundred yards away; but for some reason, he didn't feel as if he should part from this "Arcturia." He didn't know if it was nerves... or, perhaps something about her appealed to him. Her quiet nature was astounding to him - all of the female Toa he had known were quite loud-spoken. Huh.

Varan put a stop to his musings and instead glanced over at his companion-of-sorts. She didn't seem to be very comfortable being here with him... and yet, he couldn't help but ask, "Why are you here?"

OOC: If I've missed anybody here who's hoping to get into Ko (or interacting with the guards at the Citadel), please PM me.

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The Lesterin guard captain gave Kotak a gruff nod.

"In you go," he said, allowing the Toa to pass. "Next!"

A pair of Toa approached. One appeared to be quite elderly and was wore a rough-woven poncho, while the other was adorned with black warpaint and the archetypal scowl of a bodyguard. The Lesterin looked them up and down.

"Names and business in Ko-Koro?"

IC (Merror)

The veil of slumber drew back from Merror's mind. Slowly, his breathing grew deeper and his eyes began to drift open.

He saw the whiteness of clumped snow above him, lit by the gently-flickering glow of a Heatstone. Blinking, the Ta-Toa propped his upper body upright, making sense of his surroundings and separating dream from memory as he pulled off the rough blanket.

Ko-Wahi. He was in Ko-Wahi, in a small shelter dug into the snow. Around him were the sleeping forms of most of his companions, from the not-so-gentle giant of Utu to the strange Matoran, erstwhile 'assistant' of Echelon, Aerus. Praggos' silhouette, standing watch, was visible at the entrance of their little snow-cave.

He rose, slapping a little meltwater in his face to speed wakefulness, and went to join the Toa of Ice.

"Good morning, Praggos," he said as he stepped out into the cold air.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Viima

(Ko-Le-Wahi border):

Viima looked at the Lava Hawk by Tivanu's side and nodded at its direction. "I never expected to need your help, but you came when I called..."

His expression suddenly turned grim. He turned to Tivanu and asked "Why did you help me?"

IC: Aelied clutched the poncho close about him. "I am Ayeuz, and this is my bodyguard Deilea. I am an herbalist, and times have been rough were I came from. I figured my talents would make me a bit more successful with the... population shift, here in Ko-Koro, regardless of the climate."

IC Kotak:

"Finally," he muttered moving past the guards and into his once home City.

The streets were still stained with the blood from several fights. Some were old, likely from the initial invasion. Others were fresh, harder to place.

Ko-Koro was a different place now.

For the better. No more weak fools lingered, only the strong, the wise, and the cunning remained.

He walked through the icy streets, drinking in the moment. I slight smile plates across his lips.

OoC: Kotak open for interaction.

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro, Near the Sanctum)

"Yes", he replied to Zekev, "They should be imprisoned until the Grandmaster returns. Could you do it?" He glanced at the Piraka, who apparently hadn't noticed the fight. Or they simply didn't care. "I will go to observe the meeting and, after it ends, tell him about this.. and about those Skakdi and their pets." He then turned to Ira, and asked "Sir Ira? What are you doing here? Didn't you decide to join that expedition?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Krakant

Krakant grunted awake and saw nothing but white. Apparently an icicle had formed before his face while he had slept. Yup, definitely cold here. He broke the icicle away from his face and pulled his way from the bar, taking some of it with him. He removed the bar from his back and walked towards Maeloc, nodded to him. He waited for the others to arrive along with Maeloc.

OOC: Ready to go!

IC Halmos

Halmos opened his eyes.

How had he fallen asleep, here of all places? He climbed out from behind a rock and saw a large gate.

His shuffled steps eventually brought him to the gate of the city, Ko-Koro. "What I've been waiting for..."

OOC: Open to interaction.

IC: Ira

"Oh, I was just gathering supplies for the trip before noticing the commotion here and decided to help. Just passing through." Ira looked at the koro clock, noting the time, and said "I think I better be going. Glory to Ak'rei'an." Bowing to the other two knights, he went off to collect more supplies.

IC: You know, the chill air wasn't so bad... wearing the amulet, that is. Maeloc made his way across the ice bridges, to the main gate. Just overhearing part of Echelon's speech as he walked past the room brought a smirk to his face. Maybe this whole problem would be... gone by the time he got back. But enough wishful thinking, he had a job to do. He adjusted his pack, light, just a few day's food and water supplies, and a small bedroll. He hoped the rest had packed sensibly. He arrived at the gate, and began waiting. The sun crept lower in the sky.

OOC: When everyone shows up, we will transition to Ga-Wahi! Also, Ghost, 'Ayeuz' and 'Deilea' are waiting to get in. ALSO: anyone on the expedition, type OOC 'Ready to go!'. I realized there might be a bit of a discrepancy in size between the expeditions, and I might have... some reinforcements.

IC:

Zarkov walked across an ice-bridge, his claws tapping on the ice as he puffed on a single lit cigarette. Soon he saw the strange Turaga of Earth in the distance, waiting for Zarkov and the others to arrive for their little expedition. He blew out a ring of smoke before tossing his cigarette into the snow without bothering to put it out. It wasn't like the snow was going to catch on fire anyway. He walked up to Maeloc, it seemed Zarkov had acquired himself a new fur coat since the last time Maeloc had seen him.

"I found someone who said he was interested." Zarkov motioned behind him to a black armored Toa of Earth who had been silently following him all this way.

"Name's Insidian, says he's a Makuta worshiper, not that that matters, but he's interested in our little... trip." Zarkov grinned.

"Indeed." The Toa of Earth said simply.

Edited by FleX-Man

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost. 

I'd killed more than a few Toa in my lifetime, so I know plenty about Kanohi masks. The mask Charek wore was the Kakama - the mask of speed. It increased the pace of his physical locomotion, but not his mental processes - like aim and reaction times. 

I start to run to the side, on an course to intersect Charek, and leap at where he'll be in an instant's time. Plasma splashes across the armour of my chest and shoulders, scorching the heavy plating. My skin stings at the blistering heat, but I don't intend to give up so easily. 

It's my job to test Charek, after all. 

IC: Charek frowned as his opponent, rather than move for cover or return fire, simply tried to leap in the general direction of the area in front of the Toa.  He spent a moment pondering precisely what Enforcer was trying to do, then decided it didn't matter.  With a thought he increased the intensity of his plasma barrage- with enough hits, he reckoned, even the heaviest of armor would melt away.

OOC: Er, Nato, I think you've misjudged how much distance Charek is putting between him and Enforcer.  He's kinda far away.  :|

IC: The Onu-Turaga grunted. "Well, you'd be surprised how much that would help." Maeloc looked the cloaked Toa up and down. "You obviously aren't part of the Legacy. What, you decide to come out of the woodwork now that we've done the hard work?"

Fyura had hoped her test for the Legacy would be something easy, like maiming a prisoner or something. But no, she had been given a hastily scrawled note to talk to some turaga at the Koro gate. She had thought she came pre-approved; a Parakuka (who was at least sending her happy thoughts at the moment) and she had the gift of Antidermis. Well, travel was always nice. Any chance to test her new powers in actual combat was just icing on the cake. It was a #### cake, but it had good icing. Maybe buttercream icing. Mmmm... Buttercream.

He's too far away... going too fast.... I slam painfully into the snow, feeling hot plasma splash around me as Charek continues to strafe past. 

I get quickly to my feet and back off, trying to put as much distance between myself and him as possible (it's a big arena, so it isn't exactly difficult). At the speed he's going, all he's going to see of me is a big blur. The Kakama is already throwing off his aim (plasma doesn't make for the best precision projectile), so I figure the further away I am from him, the worse his aim is going to get, and the easier it's going to be for me to....  

My train of thought derails as I narrowly duck a blob of plasma aimed at my face. I hold my halberd at the ready as I continue walking backwards, planting my feet firmly in the snow to avoid tripping, waiting for his focus to break, or his elemental energy to run out. 

It's only a matter of time; he can't keep this up forever....

IC: Dravennica and Shredder - Wilderness (Near the Ko-Wahi Coast)

Dravennica's travels took her down towards the shoreline, figuring that the water would provide an alternate escape route if necessary... in the event that she was able to get her hands on a ship, that is. The journey had been quiet so far; a little too quiet for her liking, so she remained on edge. Nether her nor Shredder had picked up signs of any threats yet, but she knew that one would be likely to emerge if she were to drop her guard, so it was better to play it safe for now. The previous expeditions she had made outside of the village's walls in the past few days had bore little fruit in her search for a new home, and this one was beginning to display similar results, so she eventually decided that it would be best to start back-tracking towards Ko-Koro.

Unfortunately for her, however, the pair soon stumbled onto a deep patch of snow.

Having the element of Ice usually meant that the substance had little to no effect on her, since she could reshape it with a whim. The real danger here was that there was no ground directly beneath it, and that she was sent plummeting into the previously hidden chasm below.

The Ko-Toa flung out her arms, hoping to grab onto anything that could possibly slow her descent, but found nothing as she eventually impacted with the snow-covered floor of the cave, bashing the side of her head off of a nearby rock and losing conciousness.

Her eyes eventually opened once again, adjusting to the sight of her new surroundings as she felt the rough tongue of her Kavinika licking the blood off of her forehead. The Ko-Toa groaned as she picked herself back up, crying out in rage as she clutched at her side, a painful reminder of her not-so-graceful landing. Glancing upwards, she realised that she would be better off looking for another way out than squandering what energy she had left, and soon spotted a tunnel that lead deeper into the caverns.

Gripping the hilt of her sword and unsheathing it, Dravennica slowly began to make her way towards what she hoped would be an exit.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.