BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Crab

Crab was becoming agitated. They were ALL focused on the trials...he could easily just kill Marauder now and run off. He didn't though. He realized that they would catch him before he even had a chance to run.

IC: Xaru'Ka

The Bo-Skakdi looked at Khil'Rayu. "So, I heard you got antidermis." Xaru'Ka said, her facial expressions giving away what she wanted.

IC: Scholar and Ayar (Obsidian Outpost)

The Ko-Toa, like everyone else, applauded at the newly-renamed Spectre's victory, grimacing slightly as he stood up, his legs wobbly underneath him. As the mercenaries sat down again, he murmured to Ayar,

"You said I needed to wait a few days before you'd be able to heal my spine properly- Will it have healed enough by now that you can accelerate the healing?"

"It depends. I could try it now, but there's always the possibility that there won't be enough healed tissue there yet for me to be able to replicate, which would mean that you'd have had your back cut open for nothing. Are you sure you want to risk going through that pain twice, or maybe even more?" the Fe-Toa replied, a growing look of concern on her face. 

Scholar closed his eyes and took a breath.

"It's been ######, being this disabled, even just for a few days. I feel so confined, like a Kahu stuffed into a tiny cage- I'm so used to being free, you see. Even before I washed up on this island, I felt free- on the ocean, fighting for what I felt was right... Then, of course, an idiot tore all of that away from me with a fireball in the wrong place- we actually encountered him the other day. He was the Toa we found here in the courtyard, remember?"

Ayar nodded.

"And when I arrived here, my mind blank, my personality- my personality, well, what personality? I was a mental child, Ayar- that was all there was to me- I had no obligations whatsoever; I was free. And now, with all of this-" he gestured at his legs"-it's terrible. I swear, another day of this, and I just..." the Ko-Toa trailed off in silence, his neck bowed, and silent, frosted tears leaking out of the eyeslits of his mask.

"You aren't alone in this, K. We're always by your side- me the most," Ayar said. Moved by sympathy, she put an arm around Scholar's shoulders. "No-one here is alone."

IC: Khil'rayu (Ko-Koro Gates)

Wordlessly, I send a bolt of disintegration energy flying from my horn past Xaru'Ka's head. It strikes a weather-vane, the cobalt energy eating it away instantly. "The Dark One gave me the gift of Disintegration."

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

IC Galika:

Galika woke up again. She did not know where the karz they were, but they were somewhere cursed. She shook Valkrahn. "Kid! Kid, wake up!"

OoC: That's you, VahkiDane

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Galika:

"I think the Alk're'hand or whatever people took us out... we appear to be in a cart of some sort..."

NPC Guard: The guard noticed stirring in the back. "Hey you! Shut it! I've already had ta shut ya up, and I don't wanna do it again! Now sit tight!"

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

"An excellent idea. Something else: a pattern appears to be emerging among those affected by Antidermis. Mortem and I have both gained Rahkshi powers, and another Skakdi who is currently on the other side of the island gained the Rahkshi Power of Hunger. Following this pattern, you may be likely to receive a Rahkshi power from Him too."

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Cyrix spotted Aelied and Zueya again, moving several blocks away from the wall, around the crevasse. Staying on this side, though. Aelied knew he was here, and was trying to find him. The old Toa wasn't heading towards Cyrix, though, and that was the problem. The Le-Toa climbed down and hung off the ledge of the roof, and dropped to the ground. Staying out of the reach of the streetlamp's, he dashed down the streets, being careful to not step on snow. By the time he reached where the body had been, the only signs of it was snowflakes drifting onto the puddle of blood. Snowflakes? But it wasn't snowing... Oh. Oh. It was... dust. Explained the lack of a significant blood trail. Moving right along then... he approached a corner he had seen them pass. Cyrix tried to stay out of anyone's direct line of vision, but he knew his mask would mostly cover him up. As he rounded the second corner following the path he remembered them taking, something struck him.

He wasn't the only one tailing the boss.

Ahead of him, he glimpsed a figure take a pass following them. He saw the same person before behind them. He was good; Aelied might even know. Cyrix dashed to a nearby building block, and propelled himself upwards and climbed onto the roof. Then, he heard familiar voices...

"Master, are... are we going anywhere? Because it's awfully cold. And dark. Shouldn't we turn in for the night? Find someplace to stay, or something?"

"Haven't found a place yet."

"But master..."

Cyrix walked over to the other side and peered over; they walked right beneath him. He followed alongside them until he reached an alley. It was facing the crevasse, so one way in or out... at street level. Cyrix realized he had to get Aelied's attention without compromising himself...

Both Aelied and Zueya turned when they heard a metallic clank to the side of them, in the alleyway. Aelied walked over and picked it up. Zueya looked up at the rooftops; nothing. "What is it?"

Aelied turned the protosteel throwing disc over in his hands. Cyrix's. "Nothing. Wait outside, keep watch. I'm going to check something out." He entered the alley.

Zueya sighed and turned around, facing the street. She drew her staff and twisted it to its full length and planted it in the ground, standing guard.

As Aelied walked forward into the darkness, sound was cut off around him. He could still hear his footsteps. Vacuum bubble. "Drop something?" he asked, as Cyrix faded into sight in front of him. The Le-Toa was haggard; there was snow and ice flecks covering him. He smelled less like kavinika now.

Taking the disc, Cyrix slotted it back into his arm. He was tired; he realized that now. Not enough time for that. "I wasn't the only one following you, sir. Someone else."

"That's news to me."

"He was good."

"Indeed. I have important information for you, as well. The Legacy has a bounty out for Vakua's mask. They know his name, and his last known location in Ga-Koro. They don't have Casanuva and Kalyss's names, but he is described as travelling with a Fa-Toa and Su-Toa."

"Great, that's in addition to Skorm wanting him dead. Or close, since if I recall there's no way in Karzhani he'd give that up unless you ordered him to..." Cyrix trailed off as he leaned to the side, to look past Aelied, and reactivated his mask as somebody passed by the alley. When they were gone, he deactivated the mask again.

"One more thing: the guards took down our descriptions and aliases at the gate. So you will have to remain hidden."

Cyrix nodded, breathing heavily. He ended the vacuum bubble, and recreated it. "Thought so. So, what's the plan for now?"

IC

The hooded figure had not noticed Cyrix, and so continued his careful tailing of Aelied and Zueya. He stopped when he reached the corner of the alley where the latter was now standing guard: the corner where he now stood was shrouded in enough shadow to keep him hidden, but the moment he stepped out she would see him.

So he took another route. Much as Cyrix had done, he deftly scaled a nearby building and cut across the rooftops until he was ahead of the other Toa's projected path.

Soon, he was crouched on the edge of a tall warehouse's roof and looking carefully down into the alley below, where the Le- and Bo-Toa conversed. Eyes narrowed beneath the hood; the two men's lips were moving, but not the slightest sound was audible. Then came a sound he knew well: soft as it was thanks to Cyrix's control, it was the sound of displaced air returning to its preferred pressure as a vacuum collapsed.

They spoke again, and again it was inaudible. The Le-Toa must have restored his vacuum. The figure on the rooftop watched them like a hawk.

IC (Merror)

"Well, this is quite the dawn chorus," Merror remarked dryly as he and Praggos were joined by Agni, Cael and Valria. "If what Aerus says is true, we should reach this hidden base by midday."

"I want to go to Tu-Koro," interjected Utu. "I want to see my home."

The Ta-Toa regarded him with a hint of wariness.

"You want to part ways?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC Galika:

"You tell me. The first time I heard about these guys was," Galika couldn't get a grasp on time. "in that firefight. What do you think they'll do to us?"

IC Sharky

"What a stuck up prick." He flipped the departing Ko-Toa the bird.

IC:

Sylus Tudor was bored.

Yes, Echelon had Larikon right where he wanted him and the sight of the Graaaaaandmaaaaaster shaking in his Most Religious boots was pretty satisfying, it did not assuage the fact that Sylus was a man of fickle tastes and that this meeting had already exhausted most of his (conservative) amounts of attention. So, his right hand reaching into the pocket of his slacks, he found the pen and notepad (first rule of information-brokering: never assume a place will have a pen [never]) which he always kept there, pulled it out, and scribbled a quick:

Thanks for invite but gotta dash

If we meet again, tell me what happens please

and, walking quietly towards the doors, passed the note to Agrona.

And he was out, back in the open.

Time to see what the world has in store for me.

Three blocks down, he found a Ga-Matoran flipping off a departing Toa.

"Lotta those 'round these parts," Sylus said, striding towards the little man, hands in his pockets. "Tends to happen when a bunch of cultists fill up a place. Even a place as big as Ko-Koro."

-Void

• Upvote 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

Spectre. The thirteenth member of The Outsiders.

It seemed that fate had decreed that that particular number wasn't quite finished with him yet.

While he could not deny that the name was fitting, it also doubled as a constant reminder of both his past and the pain that came with it.

He silently nodded at Zero's words, withdrawing his hand as he made his way back towards the flaming dummy to retrieve what was left of his cape. The tattered fabric had been reduced to little more than a charred mess, creating a small pit in his stomach as he attempted to stomp out the flames. If he had shown any form of sentimentality towards an object over the course of his life, it would've been for this, as it had formally belonged to one of the mercenaries who took him in not long after his escape from the bandits who'd raided his village.

More specifically, another former friend who was no longer amongst the living.

Pulling what remained out of the flaming pile of wood and vines and draping it over his shoulder, he flashed a small, melancholy smirk towards Rekhyt before limping off to get himself healed. He just hoped that Kimala didn't do anything in the future that would have her wind up on the group's hit list again.

OOC: Miras, I'm assuming we're heading towards you since you have the only active healer at the moment. Also, Verulas has a broken arrow piercing his thigh.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Galika:

"Oh no. I'm keeping my freedom." Galika jumped out of the cart.

NPC Guard: 

He noticed one of the prisoners had escaped. He simply leaped after her, smacked her upside the head, rendering her unconscious (Lesterin never were the strongest) and chucked her in the back of the cart. He then spit on her face and got back in shotgun position.

IC: Enforcer, Zero and Veteran - Obsidian Outpost. 

"This is taking longer than we'd planned," I hiss to Zero, approaching her after Spectre and Tracer have left the arena.

She nods in agreement, and addresses the group. "We currently have two missions planned, one to Ga-Koro, and one to Mangaia." She strides forwards and stops in front of the stands, making herself the centre of everyone's attention.

"The Ga-Koro mission involves dealing with a businessman who's running a fake charity out of Ga-Koro, exploiting the flood of Ko-Koroan refugees to turn a quick profit. One of his workers caught on, confronted him about it, and wound up dead. A friend of the deceased has hired us to, in her words...." her lips curve up in the barest hint of a wry smile, "....take care of business." 

She points to Spectre and Tracer, who are in the process of being healed by Murrae and Ayar. "They shall share joint command of this mission, but I will require two additional members to accompany them."

Looking back to the rest of us, she continues. "The other mission's purpose is to investigate unconfirmed reports we've gathered of some kind of ongoing Makuta worshiper activity down in Mangaia. That mission shall be led by Forger, and will involve however many members as he sees necessary."  

Finally, she directs everyone's attention to me. "Enforcer shall remain here to oversee the base, as well as any members who are unwilling or unable to join in on one of the missions. Once teams are decided and the missions depart, the remaining members and recruits will resume the trails."

Veteran taps my shoulder. "Stuck on babysittin' duty, mate?" he smirks. "Sucks to be you."

"I volunteered, actually," I snap back. "Besides, this way I get the immense satisfaction of watching those two beat the karz out of each other. I direct his attention to Crab and Marauder. "Even if I miss out on a bit of pay, this is so worth it." 

OOC: Alright, Outsiders, it's been a long time coming, but it's finally mission time. We're operating on a first in best-dressed basis for who gets in on what quest, but the final decisions as to who stays and who goes is in the hands of the players running the individual missions. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dartakh (Obsidian Outpost)

Ah, this trial has ended, and now it is time for missions. I stand up, check the sharpness of my blade with my thumb, shethe the sword and say "I volunteer to join Forger's mission. The other one sounds like a job for a bounty hunter, not for a mercenary warrior like myself. I am no assassin." I do hope that we get to see some action, although I do not know where Mangaia is.

• Upvote 1

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Scholar (Obsidian Outpost)

"I feel like a change of scenery," the Ko-Toa said, standing up. "Although I'm currently in no situation to fight or travel, Ayar and I were discussing her being able to accelerate my spine's healing process, so once that's done, I'd be able to go on the Ga-Koro mission, Zero."

"I hear that some of the Piraka have set up a restaurant up in the city," I continue, breaking the short silence. "I'm feeling hungry now, so would either of you feel inclined to accompany me?"

Edited by Miras: Makuta of Awesome

VBWj75sh.png

OOC: Switching Rek to first person~

IC: (Vandal/Obsidian Outpost)

"I'll go with Forger." I announce to the group...the Ga-Koro mission is arguably more suited to my training as an assassin, and has the added bonus of me and Veru-- Spectre exchanging infinitely witty sarcastic comments constantly, but the Mangaia sounded both more interesting and more exciting. I've done more than my share of cloak-and-dagger stealth missions in my time, and it's time for a change.

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro)

"That would be...a good idea, I think." I scan the surrounding koro - the outer wall is a metre to my left, but I have not been in the village for long and have not mapped it's entirety within my mind as of this moment. "I have heard that they also produce weapons there...I shall have to get a new staff."

Kathok

IC (Ace, Obsidian Outpost): "Did somebody mention Ga-Koro?" Ace called as he strode into the room, one hand bandaged and his chest armor slightly dented.  "If we're sending people there, I'd like to accompany them.  I've a friend who moved there some years before I came to the island.  Might as well see how she's doing."

OOC: It's weird calling him Ace instead of Charek now.  :P By the by, he's still got an apology to give Enforcer before he heads out.  That battle was kinda rough and all.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC Kotak:

He sighed. It was time to go to the one place on Mata Nui he'd never set foot in.

The Cable Car station was much larger than he'd remembered, but then, the last time he'd been here, he'd been but a Naive Matoran with hopes of peace and safety.

He knew better now. Life was a conflict, and the people who survived were the strong, the one's who fought.

People like him.

OOC: Kotak waiting for Cable car.

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost.

"Looks like we got company, mates," Veteran got to his feet and sauntered out of the arena to approach Kotak. "Can I help ya?" 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Obsidian Outpost (Courtyard)

A joint command position for a recently graduated recruit on his first mission representing the group? Karz, he must have really made an impression during his trial...

Watching on as Charek (a.k.a. the newly promoted Ace) volunteered himself for the mission to Ga-Koro, Spectre casually leaned his head towards Tracer in an attempt to get her opinion.

"I haven't been to Ga-Koro for a while, and it might prove useful to have someone who has better and more recent knowledge of the area on the team," he mumbled. "How about you? What's your opinion on the matter?"

OOC: Written under the assumption that Charek has visited this friend of his at her new home in the past. If not, please notify me so I can edit the post.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Rinnoz

Rinnoz decided to follow this being when he left. After all, he looked like a hideous little imp, why change the looks when so much incredible prowess hides underneath?

So far, neither one had moved.

OOC: Jakuuuuuuuuuuuuuura