BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Sentinel:

The Ko-Toa snapped his head around, a flick of the wrist manipulating the ice at the others feet in order to freeze them in place, and more to form short shards of ice that while not particularly dangerous, would be a definite obstacle if they launched an attack.

He frowned.

"Who are you?"

• Upvote 1

IC:Erda

Erda chuckled, looking at the shards before returning her gaze to Sentinel with a smile.

"Someone more reasonable than that." She placed her hand gently over her heart light.

"I am Erda. May I ask your names?" She asked, gesturing to them with her other hand.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Ayar (Obsidian)

"No," Ayar replied from a spot among the other Outsiders. She had very quietly, mainly because I'd forgotten to post, followed the others out, snagging a small lager from behind the bar on the way out. She flipped a few widgets at Yeri, having learned in the past that when you're a Toa of Iron, people don't take kindly to you creating as many widgets as you need out of thin air.

The Fe-Toa absorbed the metal cap of the bottle, taking a restrained sip of the alcohol. "You may not."

Edited by Chandra Nalaar

VBWj75sh.png

IC Zealot

The Zealot of Mata Nui approached the newcomer, crossing his arms as he got close "Names" he pondered. "A philosophical conundrum. Do you you seek to understand us? To know our essence?" He sneered "Or perhaps you merely seek to know by what we are called for" he eyed the stranger toe to head "civil niceties"

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Courtyard. 

"All ya need ta know about me is that I'm old, and cranky, and sick of havin' people sneak up on me," Veteran growled, seeming spectacularly grumpy for some reason. Apparently he'd finally had enough for one day, "I'm also the guy who's gonna toss yer sorry butt into the lava if ya don't explain what you're doin' slinkin' around up 'ere."

Edited by Of Australian Origin...

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Erda responded to Veteran's threat with a mildly confused gaze, before switching to the approaching Ko-Toa.

"Partly out of courtesy, I must say. But otherwise, I would have nothing to call you by. I have told you mine, have I not? I can assure you all I am not here out of hostile intent, quite the contrary. My reason for my stealthy approach was caution more than anything," she looked around the area.

"One cannot know how...trigger-happy guards can be. And if I was dead or dying, my trip here would be for naught."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

"Ever stop to consider that our trigger-happiness might be the result of people like you sneakin' up on us like thieves?" he growled, shrugging off Zealot's hand on his shoulder, "One might wonder if you're not up ta somethin'..." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

She paused for a moment. "Yes. I did. I just didn't want to get shot by something or someone." She stated, quite bluntly.

"If I was up to something, I wouldn't be doing a very good job. If I really wanted to, I would have snuck by when you came through. I could have struck one of you down from behind. Have I? No. I decided to show myself here, and actively made my presence known. Whatever I am up to, it is not to any of your detriment."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC Sentinel:

Kotak's Akaku whirred, zooming in.

"She's lightly outfitted under the cloak. Flexible light armor, some knives. A scythe. Bedroll. Paper, probably a map. Fa-Toa, from the looks of her."

He looked at Veteran, "Of she were here to kill or steal from us, I doubt she'd be exposing herself to us. Which means she's either telling the truth or she's incompetent."

He frowned.

"Or thinks we are."

He nodded in agreement with Kotak's assessment, "Why are ya here, then?" 

Erda first acknowledged Sentinel's assessment with a short giggle. "Correct on all accounts, even the map! Well done."

"And, why would I think you incompetent? It could just be Id just like to be friends." She smiled.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC Zealot

"Her truthfulness may negate her incompetence" he conceded

"But she's ether a liar or a fool" Zealot added. "My friend said you were either incompetent OR truthful. Not AND. Learn your conjunctions." He rolled his eyes "and to further support my assessment, if she were telling the truth she would be a fool, for what intellectual individual would use stealth to avoid jumpy guards? A watchful keeper would sooner attack an unknown target than one who announces themselves." He looked at Veteran "As I said, if she is telling the truth, then she is a fool" he turned now to face Erda "And Mata Nui detests a foolish heart. The way of the Great Spirit is the beginning of all wisdom,"

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute

--Character Profiles--

"Avoidin' me question aint helpin' yer case." 

• Upvote 1

Erda gave a quiet, but deep and drawn out sigh.

Calling her a fool, grumpy grumpy grumpy, more calling her a fool, something about Mata Nui.

Whatever, to be honest. She was getting nowhere fast.

"Well, whatever I've done to upset you, I apologise sincerely. I came here hoping for a little more civility, and had hoped for a bit better an outcome, but if this is how things are going to be, I'll just leave then." She turned, beginning to walk away.

"So much for that idea." She muttered to herself.

• Upvote 1

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC Zealot

Pretending not to notice Ayar's discomfort, Zealot stepped closer to Erda, studying her essence, the way she carried herself juxtaposed to others, her eyes, her timbre, her tone. Everything.

His mask may have been Rode in aesthetics only, but Zealot was an expert at these types of analytics.

"Let us ponder together, shall we" he invited "Tell me" he challenged, "What does the ideological concept of loyalty mean to you?"

--Character Profiles--

IC Sentinel:

Kotak about scoffed at the word 'friends'. He did not need friends.

Allies, perhaps, but not friends.

"Let her leave, we have business to attend to." He said to Zealot.

With such said, he absorbed the ice encrusting Erda's feet, as well as the shards, moving for the door to the interior of the base.

Erda stopped, crossing her arms in response to Zealot's question, thinking.

"To me? Loyalty is being there for someone or something, even if it leads to ill ends, for a common goal or cause." She looked over.

"Or is that not the kind of answer you were after?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC Zealot

The Zealot crossed his arms. "It was not" he replied. Her words were cold, distant, detached. The way one would speak about a contemptible person, whilst trying not to be directly adversarial. Passive aggression. "But you have answered my question none the less" With a sudden flick of his wrist his staff extended in his hand. He leaned in, and slowly he spoke "You may go now"

Edited by Rorschach the Absolute

--Character Profiles--

IC:

Zero, having been helping a drunken Detrix down the icy incline, caught only the last bit of conversation between the newcomer and the other Outsiders. However, it was enough to inform her that her companions were grumpy and out of sorts after the patero attack from a few minutes earlier. For her however, turning down a potential customer was preposterous, as the Su-Skakdi was quite attracted to the idea of money in general. 

So naturally, she slid down the slope to intervene. Her spine flicked two and fro with the newfound momentum, and she passed through the cluster of beings once more to approach the traveler. 

The lone Toa of Magnetism had proceeded to walk away, obviously taken aback by the hostility she had just encountered. 

The Su-Skakdi cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, everyone." Zero wore a disapproving frown on her features. "That is a potential customer that you just rejected. I know this afternoon has been a bit hectic, but please try and remain pleasant around those who may be in search of our services."

She then ran to catch up with the departing being. "Ma'am, if I may have a word." 

Zero eyed the back of the Toa's cloak as it fluttered in the breeze ahead of her. "I would like to apologize for the rudeness of my comrades. Were you looking to use the cable car?"

"Uh... boss?" he called hesitantly, "She's come up here, sneakin' around like a bloody spy. Ever stop to wonder if she might've come from Ko-Koro? Lettin' her cross the Break here would be kinda breakin' our arrangement with Jaller."

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-wahi- Koro Gates

IC: "Bit o' this bit o' that." Kale called back. "Spent a while on a ship liberating fat merchants of their goods. Decided to try my hand on solid ground after our ship sunk off the coast of Ta-wahi. Been guarding some o' those same merchants with Krian here since the Piraka's attack on Ta-koro."

A smirk slid it's way onto his face at that last statement.

IC:

"Well, til it turned out stealing from 'em paid better." 'Krian' commented, a faint smirk contorting his mouth. His visible eye took in the guards manning the gate, noting what details he could make out. Weapons, species, anything he might find useful later. 

"Merchants just don't pay like they used to. Their fault, really. Don't suppose you lot left any decent restaurants intact in there."

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

"Krian, eh?"

There might have been a glint in the Lesterin's eye. Then again, this Lesterin's eyes seemed to glint with almost everything he said.

"There's a name I've heard, though not in a while. Been keeping your head down?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Makuta fell, villages got brave. Started thinking they could cross off some of the old bounties. Work got harder to find, too." 'Krian' shrugged slightly, causing his cloak to shift with the wind as he regarded the Lesterin out of his one good eye. "Had to lay low for a bit. Take some jobs that wouldn't get me caught."

"Now, though, the good old days are back. Willin' to bet there's plenty of work here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Ko-Koro gate guards)

The Lesterin gave an approving nod.

"Lot of us had to do the same as you," he said. "Those do-gooder types are all the same, aren't they? Only got room in their little worldviews for farmers an' miners, but the rest of us have got to make a living too somehow, haven't we? Ah, I miss the good ol' days when you could just high-tail it back to Xa and be as free as a bird."

He clapped his hands together.

"But don't let me take up all of your valuable time, gents. Just your name, sir," he directed at Kale, "and you're free to pass."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Mortem - Ko-Koro streets

A frown briefly flickers across my features, marring the deathly silence of this icy realm for a fraction of a second. A setback...to what, exactly? My only plans for the future are to continue serving my Makuta, and the food stores under my "acquired" home rid me of any need of working for pay for the moment.

My life is simple...primal. Perhaps that is the point: It is clear, true, untainted by complications. My only purpose is indisputable and unclouded. I feel at peace for the first time in an age, finally at home in the tranquility of the fatal cold. But then comes a complication, and the moment is over. "Very well." My voice is as freezing as the air it condenses on.

Edited by OLISI

Kathok

IC: Mortem - Ko-Koro streets

I...searched many houses shortly after Ko-Koro fell, but it is a large area. However, in this frosty climate, almost every abode I came across held a fireplace. I step into a nearby building, restraining my urge to simply sear apart the wall. That would be counterproductive. The remains of a fireplace are scattered across the bare main room, but nothing is intact. Now I can destroy this place. My concentrated...annoyance at the peace being broken is unleashed, a thin beam of green energy spurting from my hand, shredding the hut's thin ceiling and walls where it brushes against them. I emerge from the crumbling wreckage a second later, my eyes half-closed, as if in a dream. They refocus again a moment later, a scowl paints my face fleetingly as I make the slightest indication of a shake of the head. I move on to the next building, my anger momentarily spent and my thirst for destruction momentarily quenched.

Kathok