BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Mautara

Mautara's wave slowly ceased as two of the beings looked in his direction, one having waved back at him. He hoped they would realize his intent was not hostile, but as far as he knew, they might themselves have hostile intentions. No matter, he'd come too far to now shy away from something moderately risky. And even if they did mean harm, Mautara was a skilled fighter, and with Rawar by his side, they could probably take them... or could have, if they hadn't just recently spent almost an eternity on an iceberg drifting at sea. 

Mautara took a deep breath, glad that his lungs were still functioning just fine, and began a slow walk towards the beings, Rawar in tow.

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Ko-Koro (Ramshackle House)

"Her willingness to kill is the exact reason why she would make such an excellent addition to the team," Dravennica explained. "And besides; I plan on keeping her on a very short leash."

With a flick of her wrist, the ice binding Celphrithia's legs disappeared, only to reform around her neck into a very thick collar, similar in appearance to the one that Shredder was currently wearing. Clenching it into a fist a moment later, her new creation began to shrink in overall circumference, retaining the same quality of construction as it tightened around the Onu-Toa's throat and began to cut off her air supply.

"Make no mistake, Necromancer," the Ko-Toa said as she watched her captive continue to choke. "Just because I gave you the option to exchange your services for your life, that doesn't mean I trust you in the slightest. If I even think that you're about to step out of line, I'll terminate our relationship without so much as batting an eye."

Forcing it to return to its original size as she turned back to Dayeth, the Toa of Earth began coughing uncontrollably as fresh air started re-entering her lungs.

"As for subjecting her to Antidermis, doing so would only serve to even the playing field. But if you're still truly that concerned, I'll be more than happy to let you borrow her for the night in order for you to establish your own... precautions."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Dayeth - House.

"I don't need her," Dayeth shrugged, "This is your plan, so she's your risk. How you choose to deal with her is ultimately up to you." That said, she had no qualms about executing the Onu-Toa herself if she felt it necessary. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Vezok

I paced the area where we had been instructed to wait, digging my claws into the long-since-cracked icy floor. Elsewhere, my Rahkshi were milling about, fresh scratches in their armor from a short, but violent enough, unprovoked fight between them. I didn't bother breaking it up, I could... relate to their situation. The mechanical beasts just didn't have as much control.

OOC: yo edgelord back

• Upvote 2

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Ko-Koro (Ramshackle House)

"Then it's decided," the Ko-Toa said, pocketing her captive's mask once more as she moved to collect her staff. "In three days time, Celphrithia and I shall begin our journey to The Vault and attempt to request an audience with the one known as Zaktan. If you or anyone else wishes to accompany us during our travels, feel free to meet up with us near the entrance to The Dark Walk at daybreak. Hopefully, I might get to see some potential recruits in action as well."

Closing her eyes as she once again found herself fighting back the urge to rest, she turned back towards Dayeth, making no attempt to mask the weariness now spreading across her face.

"While I've enjoyed our conversation immensely, I'm afraid it's nearly time for us to retire; recent events have taken their toll on my energy reserves, and there is much to prepare for between now and our eventual departure. I trust that should be more than enough time for you to reflect upon our discussion, should you wish to reconsider your position on my offer."

OOC: Anyone else who wishes their characters to accompany the pair down to The Vault can just assume that they bumped into Dravennica and learned of her upcoming journey while she was still in the process of making travel preparations. I'll be initiating the timeskip to the meeting just outside the entrance to The Dark Walk sometime within the next couple of days (most likely around Sunday), so hopefully, that will give everyone who wants to go enough time to take care of everything they need to in order to do so.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Dayeth - House.

"I might decide to come along, not sure yet" she started heading for the exit, "Either way, good luck." With that, she opened the door and stepped out into the frigid Ko-Koro street. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

-IC:-

"Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim." I shift my shoulders against the cold stone of the wall. My breathing is slow, controlled. I sense the beat of my heart through my crossed arms. I measure the rhythm and count the impacts to abate the silence. To my right and left the Rahkshi stand with perfect stillness, eyes dull and unreflective, their appearance suggesting little more than decoration. I do not meddle with my tools. I do not fidget or show any hint of adgitation. I am content to wait.

"...I'm beginning to suspect that sage never waited for audience with a Dark Lord. What do you suppose, Vezok? Administrative difficulties?" Grin grows slightly, gazes blink out of the darkness of infrared. "Or perhaps something more sinister... A conflict in the near future?" I suppose I shouldn't be goading him, but even I have my limits. Vezok's hunger for activity is spreading. For both his sake and mine, Echelon would be wise to return soon. I have had the pleasure of being in the presence of quiet-provoked Vezok before. I find the concept of any resident of Ko-Koro enjoying such an experience more than slightly dubious.

• Upvote 2

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: 

The muscles of my arm tense, and my hand curls itself into an instrument of destruction. This was ridiculous, and I was slowly beginning to forget why waiting for this creep and his overblown ego was worth it. Leaving Zaktan to deal with the dead god-worshipping head cases was starting to sound a lot more useful than this. We sure as Karz didn't need their help, Zaktan did.  Thok wanted this "alliance" as well. Hakann, maybe. Reidak didn't think, and Avak was to spineless to speak.

"Sure." I grunted in reply to Hakann, the fact that he opened his mouth at least made a distraction. "Thought this was supposed to be this island's premier group of unsavory personages, thoroughly unimpressed."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Perhaps. I try to perceive the positive side of it all, you know. Consider this: If you rank tardiness as a peccata mortalia, we are in the lowest level of perdition."

This has potential to be disastrous. Perhaps catacylsmic. I shall analyse expressions and reach conclusion. "One might venture so far as to suggest we are awaiting the audience of the Great Cunctator himself, a sort of diabolic Fabian of the greatest magnitude." ...Conclusion: consider seeking cover.

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"Remind me of that an hour from now." If I'm still in the mood to listen, let alone wait.

I was far more than half ready to simply force my way inside the citadel laughably made of ice and snow. This venture was beginning to become a waste of time, I preferred my wastes of time to involve more enjoyable actions. Crushing and breaking were good starts. "We don't need their assistance, not specifically." I waved an arm to indicate the Rahkshi. "Plenty of extra muscle to go around."

The lot of them were more than enough for me, anything else was just bonus.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"We did not come for muscle." I straighten my posture, moving my shoulders from the wall.

"You are precisely aware of why we came. It is not just security if someone decides to, say, drop a few tons of earth or stone in Mangaia. It isn't merely protection. Anyone could purchase or provide that service." My grin flattens, gaze burrows into Vezok's skull.

"Tell me it won't be worth it. You've wasted time before. I'm as disappointed as you. Give them a little more. Listen to the minutes amassing, count the seconds. They're letting your construct your rage. If you're going to snap, at least do it properly."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"Oh please, you're going to make me gag." I turned to regard my... associate. I could always make use of that face of his, put it to better use than he'll ever do. It seems suitably dense enough to cause at least some damage, before he passes out, that is.

"Besides, I fail to see any difference between this lot and the other."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Echelon)

With a grinding of stone and ice, the hidden door to that formed one panel of the Wall of Prophecy slid open. The brace of Antidermis-tamed Rahkshi that stood sentry on the other side stepped away to let their master pass. The howl of the wind on the Wastes, echoing through the icy tunnel until the closing of the door silenced it once more, served as Echelon's fanfare.

The Dark Toa's apparel might have looked rather the worse for wear—his robes ragged in places, his armour scuffed, and the bottom half of his stave shorn clean off—but never, not even after the capture of the city nor the routing of the Brotherhood, had the Nightfall seen such triumph in his eyes.

That triumph only burned brighter when his gaze alighted on the familiar corpse on the floor.

"I see that your hunting," he addressed his allies in equal parts approval and self-assuredness, "has been nearly as fruitful as mine."

IC (Merror)

Merror raised his voice once the strange being was in shouting distance.

"Hail, stranger!" he called, hands cupped to his mouth. "What brings you out here to the middle of nowhere?"

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Kohra): 

The Vortixx turned, slightly surprised but at the sound of Echelon's voice, not nearly as alarmed as she had been when the dark Toa had shown up. Looking at their leader, she nodded at his remark, then paused momentarily. Echelon was alone. Which did not have to mean anything, but usually a hunt had something die in the process, something to bring back and display proudly. That was not the case now. Had something happened to keep him from claiming a prize?

Then again, their own hunt had involved their game approaching them, rather than them tracking the architect down. Still, she decided to ask the question: "No trophy?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Xxeth 

Echelon was back. Now this was the man Xxeth wanted to see, the guy in charge. It never hurt to get on his good side after all, and Xxeth's involvement with Ambages death, while minimal, could do nothing but help with that. 

"Ambages wanted entrance to the city, truth be told, he came up to the gate and asked for an audience. So I led him here, and things turned out pretty well all and all. Everyone was happy by the end of it...well except for him..."

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Echelon)

"But of course."

The Dark Toa drew the flamberge from its sheath and raised it for the Nightfall (and others present) to see, with two fingers of his left hand against the flat of the blade. The light of the Sanctum's chandeliers refracted through the crystal to cast dappled blue patterns on the floor, like a snapshot of the ever-changing sunlight on the bed of a clear sea.

OOC: Just to be clear, this is in response to Kohra. I didn't see the Xxeth post until after I'd finished. :P

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Kohra): 

"I've never seen its equal." Kohra commented - impressed, but not in awe.

"But what of the body of the former wielder?" she asked. Surely Echelon would not have left the body of his quarry behind without reason. Not when presenting it to the island could be used to demoralize its defenders further. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Mautara

The red and silver clad being spoke up, and Mautara was relieved to find that he understood their words. Although they spoke with an accent different to his own, it was clear the the two of them would be able to understand each other. This was convenient. Mautara was going to answer when his words were caught in his own dry throat, and suddenly he went into a coughing fit. After he finally managed to re-gain his composure, he looked up, signed with his hands that his throat was dry, and finally cleared his throat before trying to speak again.

"I have been trapped out on sea for quite some time. I do not know how long, but long enough that my body has lost much of its former strength. I came here in search of a familiar habitat, the forest over there." He said with a raspy voice, pointing over to the pine forests some distance away. "I stumbled upon this place by sheer coincidence. My name is Mautara, and this is my compatriot Rawar."

IC:

"Of course," I snorted.  So he wasn't right, not exactly. Hakann had too much trouble trying to look past his own ego to really get a good grasp on a situation. "Don't they have some kind of honor system to uphold?  Something about virtues or some such, or maybe it was a code. I get them horribly confused. Pragmatism doesn't seem like their style."

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

"Idealism is only a word, Vezok. When it concerns their interests, fetishistic beliefs, or illusions of protection, you can consistently rely on any group of persons to use the most brutality possible to resolve the situation." My grin widens slightly.

"Have you ever seen the self-righteous protect their property? I'd call it irony, but that would suggest incongruity. Besides, I doubt this island managed to kill a god with piety or conscience."

Edited by Simulacrum

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Zero

"Now, as for the tour, I'm afraid that's all for this wing. The other wing is exclusively made up of personal quarters, so I doubt you would enjoy exploring the vacant corridors. Therefore, that is all I have for the tour. I hope you enjoyed it. Feel free to stay and socialize, but if not, safe travels to you both."

IC:

There is something missing here.

Zero's expression is warm, but decades as a Guard have taught me how to read beyond someone's face. This Skakdi's posture ... there is something wrong here. She is too still, too composed, and although there is the possibility that is solely due to her military training, I cannot help but ... question....

"I believe that I shall take my leave of you," I say, smiling, bowing my head. "I thank you for your hospitality, miss Zero."

IC (Jin)

"Just a traveller," I simpered. "Looking to spend the night somewhere warm."

IC:

"Well, what a coincidence, ma'am," I said, sliding into my role like a snake out of her skin, my smile edging up just enough to be perceptible. I followed Jin's lead, looking her over before flicking an eyebrow up. "I happen to have a warm place that's just a little too big for me on my lonesome."

IC:Arankhe

Why was he touching his jaw?

"Well, I don't know this place, so if you have any idea where that is, lead on."

IC:

This wasn't a good time for Rynekk to point out that he didn't know where it was.

Still, between his Sentinel training and Arankhe's experience as a mercenary, the two of them managed to muddle their way across the city and to the small little library tucked into an icy corner of the biggest ice block on the island. The door was shut and, presumably, locked.

"I guess archives aren't high on Echelon's list of places to hang out," the Toa deadpanned, glancing over to his partner. "You wanna do the honours?"

IC:

"I wouldn't be surprised, coming from this island."

"Besides, falling back on some fragile justification always makes them sloppy, not as dangerous. Dangerous used loosely, here, naturally."

IC:

"Couldn't agree more, buddy."

Sylus was all good looks and limber movements as he breezed into the scene, all pearly whites and dark eyes. Hands in his pockets, sword slung jauntily over one shoulder, he cocked one eyebrow up at the two philosophizing Skakdi and the one oddball Matoran over by the side.

"Give me a do-gooder any day for a job," he said, leaning against the wall. "Make 'em think they're doing some good, break it to 'em they're not ... most of the time they're so devastated that they either go and off themselves or they break down, go over to the dark side and we can let the cops deal with 'em. Beautiful system, honestly."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"There is nothing quite like infernal pavage," I flicker back into thermographic between breaths, noting each heat signature. Grin now static, gaze empty. "While on the subject, Mr. Tudor, how do you expect manqué heroes to deal with this city? I can't imagine a kingdom of mercenaries and heathens will be well-received in an island where heroes are on every corner and so eager to act."

pNNgXax.jpg

OOC: Timeskip initiated.

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - The Dark Walk (Entrance)

The pair of Toa stood outside the tunnel's maw, waiting in relative silence to see if anyone else was going to show up.

A silence that Celphrithia was becoming increasingly sick of, apparently.

"So when do you plan on returning my things?"

Dravennica sighed.

"Like I told you the last five times, not until we enter The Dark Walk."

"Did you at least get everything I asked for?"

The Ko-Toa nudged the makeshift crates she had taken the time to painstakingly drag down there herself with her foot, indicating that she had indeed obtained whatever the Onu-Toa supposedly required for the journey.

"All of the ones inside the village had been confiscated by Legacy's forces, so I had to trek all the way back to the caves just to get these. You're welcome, by the way."

"Well, maybe... I'd be a little more grateful if I had my Kanohi and my hands weren't bound together by a block of ice," she said, displaying her wrists sarcastically as she continued to kneel in the snow. "Are they up to my usual... specifications?"

"If you're referring to the little surprise you usually implant inside of them, then yes," said the Toa of Ice, applying no effort to hide her growing annoyance. "And for the record, you are to keep them in front of us at all times. I didn't wake up this early and come all the way down here just to be blown up in a series of underground tunnels."

"What's the matter?" the necromancer said as a devilish grin formed across her face. "Still don't trust me?"

"Not in the slightest."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Dayeth - Ko-Wahi Darkwalk.

"Alright, I'm here," she trudged through the snow, "it's not like I had anything better to do with my time anyway." 

"Oh, goody. Your pint-sized friend showed up. How many more little villagers do you have out there, hiding amongst the terrain?"

"Ignore her," Dravennica growled, glaring daggers at the other Toa. "She apparently woke up on the wrong side of the floor this morning. "I'd remind her to use her manners, but I think I'll just let whatever we encounter in the tunnels do it for me, since she and her pets will be acting as our meat-shields for most of the journey."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Dayeth - Darkwalk Entrance.

"Size isn't everything," Dayeth hissed, fingers of flame flickering in the palm of her mutated hand. 

IC Sharky

"I think you're overestimating our heroes and their ability to tragically break down in ironic manners, ya know. Most of them probably don't have the grey matter to seriously consider all their pseudointellectual," had he pronounced that correctly? "-idealogies and the ways they can be broken down. They'd probably just die or quit when faced with overwhelming adversity, not reconsider their phil-i-o-sophie or pull off fancy face-heel-turns."

...but close to it

"No, but at least it helps," Celphrithia said, taking pride in the fact that she was able to get under the Matoran's skin. "Which is more than I can currently say about you."

"If the two of you are done squabbling like petulant children, I'd actually like to get going soon," Dravennica said, causing a barrier of snow to form between the pair in an attempt to defuse the situation.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Dayeth - Darkwalk Entrance.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with," she scowled, the flickers in her hand expanding into a fireball to light her way as she started moving deeper into the tunnel. 

The Ko-Toa sighed, letting the snow slump back towards the ground as she absorbed the ice around the Necromancer's wrists and brandished the Tryna and the staff, only to toss them at her captive's feet.

"Don't make me regret returning those," she said. "Otherwise, things will become much more... unpleasant for you."

Scrambling to return the Kanohi to her face, the Onu-Toa deeply inhaled in relief as she felt the bulk of her powers begin to return to her. Picking up her weapon and returning to her feet, she eventually formed two balls of highly dense earth before using them to blast the crates apart in a shower of splinters, only for her grin to disappear almost immediately.

"Couldn't have sprung for the Vortixx, I see," she muttered, activating her mask and forcing the corpses of the two rather emaciated Toa before her to slowly emerge from beneath the wreckage.

"Yeah, well, last time I checked, you weren't the one who had to drag them across the slope of a mountain. Be happy I got you anything at all."

Motioning for Celphrithia to follow after the Matoran and take the lead, Dravennica watched and waited for the other Toa to do so before proceeding to enter the cavern herself.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Dayeth - Darkwalk.

"I'm still not convinced that this is a good idea," Dayeth spoke up as they walked, "I mostly just came along for the inevitable I told you so moment at the end." 

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - The Dark Walk (Tunnels)

"And here I thought that Makuta-worshippers were supposed to possess faith," the Ko-Toa mused, feeling Shredder brush up against her leg as he stepped in front of her.

"Oh, we do," the Onu-Toa said from a few yards ahead of them, though it was highly likely that the sound of her voice never reached their ears. "That, coupled with the fact that the smart one's generally don't go out and take extremely stupid risks because of it, is the reason why most of us have survived this long."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: