BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

-IC:-

"I believe the term is duplicity. Few gifts have such lasting value."

Before I can continue with the thought, the deformed reverberation of a shout reaches me. Echelon's guards begin to move, and my mouth's heartless stretch returns. Rahkshi around me shift their poses, adjusting slightly in case of violence, ever-cautious. I stand, my gaze void of readable emotion, teeth still clenched in a grin to match Mors', a silent and passive monolith of crimson.

...And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all.

note to self: extended periods of inactivity result in direct increase in romanticistic tendencies. file under: understanding vezok's perspective.

Edited by Simulacrum
  • Upvote 1

pNNgXax.jpg

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-koro- Near Sanctum

IC: "I got really good at not flipping out whenever my sculptures were used as practice dummies." Came the wryly amused response. "Especially with Lhykihra. The amount of work she put into messing with my stuff is unbelievable. You would not believe the elaborate schemes she used to pull just to mess with me. Once she even had me convinced that I was in a dream for an entire day. It took Dad stepping in to get me to see what was going on."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 

I smirked. "She sounds a bit like me, as kids my brother and I were always getting into trouble at the orphanage, we would..." I paused, realising talking about my brother wasn't something I wanted to actually do just then. "...nevermind."

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Kale had been trying to think of something to say to Skyra besides "It sounds like your life sucks." Lucky for him Four chose that moment to speak up. He could not help the laughter that bubbled forth.

"No, Four. My connection to the plant is an accident on my parents' part. Neither of them are all that big on cooking and by the time somebody asked why they named me after a vegetable I was already a month old. I've been told they named me Kale because they thought it sounded 'cool.'"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

I'm not worried about that.

"You got it." The De-Toa stood, dropping a handful of widgets on the table to cover their bill. He glanced over at Xxeth to make sure he was ready, then slipped out the door in a handful of smooth, purposeful strides. Navigation wasn't anything special; the scholarly huts were indeed six blocks east of the Sanctum. The exact opposite direction of the Aggressors' real base of operations. If things went south, Xxeth probably wouldn't believe anything he had said. But if he did, he'd find he had the exact wrong information. Wrong about Skyra's disguise. Wrong about their location, about how many there were, and Krayn's own identity. No way to trace back to the truth.

Best to prepare for everything. 

Not that he had room to talk. 'Half-cocked' exactly described how he'd gone off. Acting without having a real solution lined up. Getting his teammates out of the crossfire, and walking into the lion's den where no one knew his location, his plan, or how to help him. Didn't even have a plan. ... Rather, not one he was certain he wanted to follow through with. Nothing was stopping him. The Force's rulebook was out the window. Here in Ko-Koro, no one would press charges. No one would even blame him. Certainly the end justified the means. He could hear the population density decreasing around them, bringing them closer and closer to his planned ambush point. Xxeth was behind him now, too. His nonlethal Plan A wouldn't work. 

Nothing stood between him and the practical solution. His hands had been tucked into his coat since they left the bar, ostensibly to stave off cold. In actuality it kept them good and close to the revolvers at his side. The scene played out in his mind, clean and clinical. He would slow, hold up a hand to get Xxeth to do the same. Make it seem like they were getting close. Pivot to speak to him. Silence the weapon in his hand. Fire a single shot through his coat, straight into Xxeth's forehead. Quick, clean, silent. Distort the snow in his wake, and no one would ever know he had been there. One shot. Xxeth falls. Problem solved.

He was Skyra's brother. No Koro had convicted him of a capital crime. Banishment was his only punishment. He hadn't quit the Force because he disagreed with their methods, and even if he wasn't a Force officer, he was still a Toa. Even if his adherence to the Toa Code was a little more lax than some, killing was a big violation. Could be that no one would know. They might assume Xxeth didn't leave him a choice.

The former Lieutenant slowed in an alley, exactly where he said he saw her. Not a single soul in sight, or close enough for him to hear. No witnesses. He held a hand up, telling Xxeth to slow down too, He angled his back towards the wall, as if trying to keep a slim viewing profile while the move brought Xxeth into view. Green eyes swept over the hut across from them, searching for signs of life, then his head turned back towards the Toa of Air. His mouth opened as though he were about to speak-

And a bullet tore through his coat, silent as the grave, to lance through through and sever his left Achilles tendon. He wouldn't miss. So he didn't bother waiting to see if he succeeded. The revolver was back in its holster and Krayn was closing the gap with the mercenary almost before the bullet had left the barrel. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost Bar.

Gulping down a final mouthful of something delightfully alcoholic, the old skakdi finally gave in to exhaustion and slumped over the bar, snoring noisily. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Perhaps if Xxeth hadn't caught unawares, or if he hadn't been quite so drunk, he would have seen this coming. Unfortunately for him, that was not the case. As the bullet tore through his Achilles, Xxeth screamed a series of profanities in quick succession.

" SON OF A !" Xxeth stumbled backwards, barely registering the fact that Krayn was charging at him. Xxeth raised his hands instinctively as he send a quick blast of air at Krayn, clearly more interested in keeping Krayn away from him than anything else. 

IC:

I gave Kale a quick smile. "Thank you, that means a lot." 

IC:

The condensed air slammed into the De-Toa's chest, and it kept him from closing in. Xxeth wasn't in any state to move about, but with Plan A's failure he couldn't afford to take chances. While he tried to deal with the pain and balancing issues his injuries brought, Krayn slipped both revolvers from their holsters. The new plan pieced itself together within moments, a clear progression of action from point A to point B. Starting with making sure his quarry couldn't retreat. 

The second shot lanced towards the mercenary's right kneecap, with a third lined up to make sure he hit his mark. The sound amplified to painful levels for an instant, but quieted into a high-pitched, high-pressure whine. The sort of noise that inspired pain. Robbed you of the ability to think clearly. Using his element would be a much more difficult proposition, especially factoring in his target's intoxication. He pulled back the hammer, cycling the next round into place to replace the expended one. 

"Let me make this abundantly clear," The former Officer said, dropping the faux accent he'd perpetuated as 'Krian'. His tone stayed low, artificially so, but this time it was for intimidation. "You can't walk. That noise, combined with the two glasses of Salamanders you downed, are cutting down on your ability to concentrate. In other words, your elemental capability. Every shot I've fired has been silent to anyone outside this alley. I have sixteen more bullets."

"You continue to breathe because I allow it. And I would rather keep allowing it. So if I were you, I wouldn't push me."

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"AHhhhhhhh ######!" Xxeth hollered as a bullet went through his other leg, he fell onto his back. The pain was only somewhat bearable because he was drunk, otherwise he'd probably have been in too much pain to look at his attacker. He gave Xxeth a hateful stare as he tried to manage the pain his legs were in. His eyes bored into Krayn for a good while, not saying anything. 

Then Xxeth started to laugh, it started as a chuckle, but it turned into full on laughter. "It figures...the first person I befriend in ages shoots me in the legs...well that's life for you..." His face got that look of hate in it once more. "What the ###### did I ever do to you!? Did I kill someone you know or something!?" He stared at Krayn long in hard, despite the pain and drunkenness he focused on his face. Then his eyes widened when he finally recognized something.

"Ah...why didn't I see it sooner...you're in the Force aren't you? I didn't notice before, but now I recognize you. "You're that guy Skyra used to ###### about." Xxeth put his palm to his forehead. "She's really here, isn't she? Still ruining my life, even now." 

"Well, you ###### got me, congrats. So if you're gonna kill me, get it the ###### over with." 

IC:

"If I was going to kill you, I'd have done it by now." Krayn crouched, holstering one revolver and using his other hand to reach into his coat and pull out his compact first aid kit. He tossed it into Xxeth's lap underhanded, pausing a moment to gesture to his knee. "If I were you, I'd take the bandages out and apply some pressure. I was just going to cuff you, but you decided not to make that an option. Was going to put you in a hold, too, but that didn't work out."

"Can't really blame me. You'd have put one of those crossbow bolts through my heart given half the chance." The De-Toa paused a moment, studying the incapacitated mercenary carefully. He didn't bother with disguising his voice, not now that he'd been recognized. "Whether your sister is here or not doesn't matter. What does matter is that I can't have you in this village."

"So you've got two choices, Xxeth. Choice number one is that you do the stupid thing, and I have to kill you. Option two," He reached into his coat again, this time pulling out a decent sized sack. One that gave a very familiar clinking sound when he gave it a small shake. "You do the smart thing. I call you a medic, and you get to live and walk again normally. You leave this Koro the moment you can walk, you get these widgets, and you don't come back. Because if you tell anyone anything, or try to come back into this Koro, I'll know."

"I know what your vitals sound like. The pattern of your gait. The base sound of your voice. If you come within two kio of me, I'll know. And I'll have to remove you for good." He paused to study the Toa of Air again, his expression almost unreadable. "Call it your last second chance. A chance to get out of Ko while you can, make a little money, and turn over a new leaf. 'Mercenary' doesn't have to be synonymous with 'evil'."

"So which door is it going to be?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: 

Xxeth looked at Krayn long and hard, as if he was trying to read him. Finally he scoffed, taking the bandages and applying pressure. The pain in his legs had numbed somewhat, most likely due to the alcohol. "Well, that's not much of a choice now is it? Either you kill me, or you give me a sack of widgets and send me on my way? Well I'm not very fond of the first option, so I think I'll just take your option two. I did say that my only god was coin did I not?"

For a second Xxeth thought about standing up, but the sharp pain in his legs reminded him why that wasn't possible. "I'll be honest with you mate, for the longest time I've wanted nothing more than to kill Skyra for getting me banished, to make her suffer. But quite honestly, I'm sick of it, if getting shot in both legs and facing the possibility of death isn't enough to make me think twice about my thirst for vengeance, I don't know what is!" Xxeth shook his head. 

"So yeah, I'll leave Ko-koro, and I'll never come back. I don't know where I'll go, but that doesn't matter. Preferably as far away from you and Skyra and whoever else the ###### you're with. I don't care whether you admit Skyra is here or not, I don't want anything to do with her, the farther away I get from her the better. If she just so happens to be here, or if you see her, tell her I said if she stays the ###### away from me and my business, I'll stay the ###### away from her."

Xxeth now had both his wounds wrapped up fairly well, and was applying pressure as needed, once he was satisfied, he looked up at Krayn once again. "You know...I should hate you for what you did to my legs, but the fact that you spared my life and are paying me to leave without a word is making me feel pretty grateful, so I'm gonna give you some information that I neglected to mention at the bar. I delivered Ambages to Echelon's inner circle, he's dead now, but what's interesting is how he was killed. This dark Toa and a Turaga who called himself Elder used a strange serum on him, it gave Ambages elemental powers, but the dosage was so high that it would have eventually killed him...if he hadn't been put out of his misery first." Xxeth shook his head. "I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it myself, but it's true. From what I understand, the serum's main ingredient is antidermis...oh and it's apparently highly addictive. So you can guess what they plan to do with that."

"Well, I think that's enough of a thank you for sparing my life, so why don't you call that medic now so we never have to see each other again eh?" 

IC:

"Thanks." Krayn rose to his full height, pausing a moment to direct another analytical glance at the mercenary. "Give how you use that second chance some thought. Could make or break you."

Then he turned back around, and took a few steps towards the end of the alley. His ears perked up, listening carefully for anyone nearby. His little brawl wouldn't have been audible, but it was still possible that someone had grown closer during that time by chance. Satisfied that no one was coming, he took a deep breath and raised his voice unnaturally loud in a perfect imitation of Xxeth's; "Intruders! This way, get your asses moving!"

"They'll be here in five minutes. You chased a Toa of Fire dressed in black, he wore a Hau. He injured you. They'll take you to a doctor." His voice dropped back to its previous register, disguise once more in place, as he slipped out the other end of the alley on his way back towards his allies. "Which makes this my cue to leave."

Edited by It's A Gundam MkII

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Go ahead, remind me why this was necessary.

I started moving as soon as the guard opened the door, intent on getting us somewhere before the rest of my... associates decided to up and leave this miserable place. Being stuck with Hakann on an island was not preferable. He could only die once, unfortunately.

A short gesture caught the attention of my Rahkshi milling about, and the moved to follow, nearly shoving one another out of the way. I tried to forget the fact that we were being summoned. At least until we were out of this frozen wasteland.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC

What to expect?

From what our unsuspecting hero had heard, Echelon was a classical villain espousing will to power, greed, selfishness, ruthlessness etc etc. Pretty basic traits compared to the duet of contrasting hues he'd fallen in with. They were more post-ironic, metamodern, confusing and probably completely vacuous in the end. Wasn't a simple goal like power more sensible and understandable, not to mention, marketable? In fact he saw quite the social commentary forming out of the differences between the bone man and the red and blue [censored]. Echelon was socially acceptable evil, a clear and recognizable one. He was surrounded by friends colleagues at that! Apparently he even had an inner circle of elite mooks, pretty cookie-cutter boring, right? Not really. Audiences could only take so much of the confusing motivations, convoluted pity-garnering backstories and demented intro and extrospection of the postironismmetamodernisticmysticismic villain before they threw their hands up in disgust and exasperation. Of course, Echelon wasn't completely vanilla. He was more like a high class vanilla ice cream. In the beginning, you had naught but plain boring vanilla ice cream. It was deconstructed in various manners, broken down to it's constituent parts, messed around with, defiled and raped and boiled down into essence that wasn't really essence anymore. Then once people had grown tired of culinary debauchery (of course this sentiment can be applied to just about any media [yes food is a media, it is commonly regarded as entertainment, {what a sad and depressing thing to consider, that some starve in destitute poverty while the elite view food as not giver of life, a necessity, but as a plaything}is it not?] you can think of, deconstruction is a fairly common postmodern trope) one or more people had returned to basics and crafted vanilla ice cream, simple and clean. But, like the engineer that takes things apart to figure out how they work and to rebuild them better, the chef that has returned to the classics returns to them with a new flame, they are the old but the new at the same time, no longer boring and vanilla. Well until the masses get tired of it once more, then the wrecking balls come out to play once more and we enter into another era "progress." So what to expect when the simple but strong tropes of someone like Echelon met with and likely clashed with the inconstitute shifting malaise of the Piraka?

Great things.

• Upvote 7

...but close to it

Grin static, I follow Vezok, moving forward and to his side with a burst of speed. My Rahkshi move to protective positions with surgical precision, each taking their allocated role and following the previously ingrained orders. I do not accept the concept of unnecessary preparation; precautionary measures for the solving of possible contingencies should be assumed from all involved in any given scenario. Only by the extremity of my judiciousness can I expect to survive.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

There was a pretty good chance his choices were going to come back to bite him. That was Krayn's biggest conclusion. His only assurances were Xxeth's word, and the chance that he'd scared him enough to make him rethink treachery. Through the circuitous, twenty minute walk back to the base he had seen no less than six people headed towards the Le-Toa's location. No one spared him a glance. Probably a good sign that no one knew yet, at the very least. Which made the route designed to shake off trackers unnecessary, but better safe than sorry.

He couldn't hear anyone nearby, so he decided it was safe to slip into their base and up the stairs. Slowly, making sure he wasn't too quiet. The last thing he needed was to catch the rest of them off guard. Still, he slipped into the room without much commentary.

"The problem's solved."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: 

I spun around fairly quickly the moment I heard someone coming up the stairs, and when I saw Krayn emerge I felt an intense amount of relief, he was okay. Before I even knew what I was doing I stood up and immediately went towards him. This was followed by me impulsively giving Krayn a big hug. 

"I'm glad you're okay..." If I had still been a guy, this would have been a rather awkward moment. But I wasn't a guy, neither physically or even mentally anymore. I wasn't sure when it had happened, but somewhere down the road I'd become completely comfortable with being female. It felt...well it felt right. There were still things about being a girl that I didn't quite get, or didn't particularly like, but I was happy with who I was. So when I hugged Krayn I really couldn't have given less of a ###### what anyone else thought. 

I had probably surprised the Toa of Sonics, so I pulled back from the hug, looking him over to see if he was injured in anyway, it didn't appear so. A pang of fear struck me, as a rather important question popped into my head.

"What happened? Did you have to..." I couldn't bring myself to finish that sentence. 

IC:

"He's fine." A pause, while Skyra wrapped her arms around his torso. He hugged her back briefly, patted her on the back, then let go. He shrugged off his coat before he amended the answer. "Well, he will be. In about an hour or two once a doctor handles him."

"He will leave the village as soon as he's ambulatory."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kale rose from his spot by the fire. By now the effects of the trance and his sudden exit from it had worn off, leaving his mind as sharp as ever.

"Did you learn anything from him?"

Kale knew his friend well enough to know that he would not let an opportunity like that pass by. Even if the original purpose of the mission had been different.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 

Hearing that Xxeth was not dead brought more relief than I expected. I felt like I could finally relax, I wasn't sure how Krayn had managed to get Xxeth to leave without killing him, but I was impressed all the same. The mention of a doctor being involved gave me an idea or two of how he'd done it. That didn't bother me though, Xxeth deserved whatever he got. 

It was about then that Kale asked the question we all wanted answered. I simply crossed my arms and stood there, waiting for Krayn's reply. 

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The Lesterin nodded in confirmation to the ledger-bearer, and gave Syvra a smirk.

"Thanks for your cooperation, Mr Decay," he drawled, not bothering to hide the gloat from his voice. "Please, enjoy your stay in Ko-Koro."

He gestured to the open gate with the tip of his sword, then looked to the next beings in line.

"All right, you heard the drill!" he yelled to them: two Vortixx, a man and a woman. A couple? Couples were always fun. "Names an' business, lovebirds."

IC: Mautara

"Well I... Er... Uh..." Mautara very suddenly came to a horrifying realization. He couldn't remember. The memories of his home, his homeland... It was like something had clawed at them and torn them to shreds. He could barely recall anything now. "I-I don't... we..." His species... he knew... they were the Tiokaha. Guardians of the wild lands. But what he couldn't remember, and wasn't sure if he'd ever really known, was what the wild lands were called... and the details of them.

"I am a Tiokaha. I know that much. And my companion has been with me for most of my life. I know this but I cannot recall. Has not only my body but my mind also deteriorated?" Mautara clutched his head. "Rawar... I understand him. And he understands me. I know what he seeks, and I too have found my self seeking it. And I have become his ally as much as he has become mine. But my memories of those events... I know they happened, but I do not recall much of anything about them."

Mautara looked up to Merror. "This cannot be natural. It's as if something has taken away my memories. But why?"

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded, trying to put some reassurance into the motion.

"Don't worry, you're not the first," he explained. "Every being who arrives on Mata Nui from elsewhere experiences this. A selective amnesia that leaves personality and identity intact, but erases knowledge of the lands beyond this island...whatever they may be. Nobody knows what causes this, or why, though some say it is a machination of the Makuta."

IC (Agni):

"Though with the bad man gone, even that fact may be questioned." the other Fire Toa chimed in.

------

IC (Kohra):

The Vortixx repositioned herself in the room, while checking her wrist-mounted crossbow, making sure it was ready to fire in an instant. She had entertained the Piraka for a little while during Echelon's absence. It had been...well, an experience. Nothing overtly hostile, but a healthy amount of distrust existed on both sides to say the least - not to mention their 'guests' were traveling with an entourage of Rahkshi. Vigilance was warranted.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Krayn raised  a finger, telling them both to wait a moment, while he shrugged out of Skyra's coat and laid it on the table. He'd have to stitch the hole he made a little later. He drew one of his revolvers and flickd his wrist to move the cylinder out of alignment, tilting it back to drop both spent rounds into his hand. He placed both on the table standing on their backs, slipped two more into their places, then returned the weapon to its holster.

"Kale, if you can make two more of those, I'd appreciate it. I'll fix the coat." The he pivoted back around to face them, leaning on the table behind him. "Xxeth is done trying to get back at you, Skyra. He says if you try to stay out of his way, he'll do the same for you. He won't cross me again, either."

"Echelon's people have access to something called 'Antidermis'. It gives some unusual abilities, but Xxeth didn't trust it. Seemed to think there was something sketchy about it. They have access to a supply of advanced technology, as well. He met Echelon's inner circle, but he didn't have much to say about them." The De-Toa paused, drumming a finger against the table briefly. "Ambages is dead. The Architect showed up to try and play politics with Echelon. Xxeth brought him to the Sanctum."

"An unknown Turaga offered Echelon's followers an Antidermis derivative. A substance that grants Matoran access to their elements, but highly addictive. Easy to see how they'd use that. It works, too. The Turaga, calling himself 'Elder', gave Ambages a concentrated dose. Would have killed them eventually, but one of Echelon's men put him out of his misery."

Krayn frowned.

"Which presents two issues. Firstly, Ko-Koro's line of succession is completely broken. Even when we do reclaim it, getting its leadership up and running will be a pain. But more importantly, this elemental serum gives Echelon Matoran infiltrators with complete loyalty. Even the hostages might be his sleeper agents by the time we get to them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Kale listened intently to Krayn's words as he got to work replacing the spent rounds. A small effort was all it took to detect and repair any stress on the shell casings. After that he took a small handfull of photothermic powder and poured some into each. Next up were the actual bullets, which he created and sealed to the top of the now explosive cannisters.

He handed the two new rounds to Krayn with a thoughtfull look on his face.

"That's all immensly information that needs to get to the other koros as soon as possible. It could mean the difference between life and death for a lot of people. Combined with updated maps of Ko-koro and we are sitting on a goldmine of information. I'm starting to think that we should send somebody back out just to make sure that people still know even if something happens to us."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Syvra - Inside the Sanctum

Finding the sanctum turned out to be fairly simple, just look for the most heavily guard space in the koro. Getting inside the Sanctum was just as simple, much to syvra's surprise. Apparently a few of the guards had been notified that he would be expected sometime soon. Syvra found this a bit odd given he hadn't actually been to Ko-koro since before it was taken over, and during his mission he had little to no communication with The Legacy... Though he wasn't about to shoot a gift mahi in the face. As he walked past the guards, one made a motion for him to stop

"Just remembered, the big wigs are in a meeting with the Piraka currently. I'd suggest waiting around the sanctum until their done." 

Syvra nodded his thanks to the guard and continued inward, trying to find a place within that wasn't completely frozen as he waited for the meeting to be finished.

IC: Chivinix - Streets of Ko-Koro

The tall insectoid continued his wandering of the streets, his eyes scanning the side streets as he passed by them. He was certain one of them would likely hide something of note, be it a fight, a mugging, or a potential meal, he cared not. 

OOC: Chivinix Open for Interaction.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Grin static, I follow Vezok, moving forward and to his side with a burst of speed. My Rahkshi move to protective positions with surgical precision, each taking their allocated role and following the previously ingrained orders. I do not accept the concept of unnecessary preparation; precautionary measures for the solving of possible contingencies should be assumed from all involved in any given scenario. Only by the extremity of my judiciousness can I expect to survive.

IC:

Sylus walked in too without much ado, only one wink in Agrona's general direction revealing any sort of emotional investment in the situation.

IC:Arankhe

Where Arankhe was from, Kanohi weren't too common, mostly used by military officials.

She'd never seen a Kakama before, nor what it did.

So it was fitting she stumbled back and gave a short cry of surprise as Rynekk appeared in front of her. After taking a moment and shaking her head a little, she opened the book wide to the map of Ko-Koro, spread over two pages, turning it and holding it for Rynekk to see.

IC:

Rynekk let out a long, low whistle.

"Fantastico," the Toa said, stroking his chin pensively. "Let's get this back to the others. Our hour's running up as it is."

IC (Jin)

Not bad, but I could do better.

"And I'm Nija," I said coyly, smooth as butter. "Heard this was the new Xa-Koro, or something like it. A place for bad man." I slid my eyes over the guards, one by one, and let my hip jut out to one side. "Men like you. Tough. Rugged. Just needing someone to come home to after a long, cold day's work."

IC:

dontlaughdontlaughdontlaughdontlaughDONTLAUGH

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: 

I breathed a sigh of relief, Xxeth was leaving Ko-koro, and he would stay out of my way as long as I stayed out of his. That was the best I could have hoped for. What surprised me was how much intel Krayn had managed to extract from my brother. I wasn't sure if Krayn realised how resourceful he was but I'd make it a point to tell him as much. Echelon seemed to have a vast array of technology and dark magic at his disposal. This antidermis sounded like bad news, and the this addictive serum that gave Matoran powers even worse. Ambages' death proved to be another problem, I couldn't feel all that bad for him though since he was apparently trying to strike a deal with Echelon, the traitor. 

At Kale's suggestion of sending someone to inform the other koros of everything we'd learned I gave a nod. "You're right, we need to get this information out to them as soon as possible, it could save a lot of lives." I took off the cloak I'd been wearing and handed it to Krayn. The fire was hot enough that I wasn't cold without it, so I figured it was a good time to return it. I felt a little exposed without my coat, but I'd sort of asked for that when I'd picked my outfit. Besides after what Hari had coaxed me into wearing in Le-koro it really wasn't that big of a deal anymore. 

"Kale, with your Kakamas you and Rynekk are probably the best choice for getting that information to the villages. You'd certainly get it to them faster than the rest of us." 

Kale Ironshaper- Ko-koro- Aggressor Hideout

IC: "That should be 'or' rather than 'and.' We can't spare more than one person to go to Ihu. And even if it's only a relatively short trip there every minute counts. The longer we delay the greater the chances of the hostages having the anti-dermis variant used on them becomes. It may be neccessary for us to launch our rescue before the messenger returns."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Echelon)

Echelon stood on the steps of the Sanctum's throne and appraised the Piraka (and the sizeable group of Rahkshi accompanying them) as they entered. A flicker of annoyance passed through his mind at the absence of his staff, which, rather than resting authoritatively in his hand, hung broken and useless at his hip. Its lower half still lay discarded in the Drifts. A small thing to worry about, perhaps, but it was a token of his power.

The Dark Toa knew well that presentation was key in keeping allies and subordinates in check: a synergy of authority and fear. His standing as broker of the Mangaia Pact relied on the promise of mutual gain, but that was the most fickle of bonds. It was imperative that the Piraka see him not only as a useful ally but also as one too dangerous to cross. They would have little to gain from turning on him at this point, but the 'Gang' were notoriously unpredictable. With them, threat would be a more reliable safeguard than logic.

"Welcome, Piraka," he said, greeting the approaching Skakdi with a precisely calculated smile, while resting one palm on the Flamberge's pommel. "I trust you have been enjoying our new city?"

He placed the slightest of emphasis on 'our', leaving to whom the word referred meaningfully ambiguous.

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded in agreement with Agni.

"It's certainly no less of a mystery now than it was before his defeat."

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

The guards sniggered dirtily at 'Nija's introduction.

"Oooh, what a charmer!" the Lesterin crowed. "Well, if that really is your, hehe, business 'ere, then you won't mind provin' it? Just a little kiss for my mate Stinkeye."

He jerked his head to the left, towards a guard who was presumably the aforementioned 'Stinkeye': a heavyset Skakdi with a face like a mutilated potato.

• Upvote 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Yeah, what, and are you gonna make me try and sell you my coat to prove I'm a merchant?"

No, I wasn't sure exactly I was doing right then and there. The logical course of action would have been to just let Jin grit her teeth and get on with it, give us a clear and easy way into the city. Maybe my upbringing was coming back to haunt me, some age-old idea of chivalry or something along those lines. Maybe I thought this might strengthen team bonds or something, I don't really know.

Pae's gonna tear me a new one for this, I know it.

-Void

• Upvote 2

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Korgrax

Are you actually karzing kidding me?  Korgrax struggles to not blast the guards with his eye beams as what feeling remained in his limbs vanishes.  30 seconds, that's all I'll give them.  Then I'm going in.

Edited by Vestak

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro Gates

Pae continued watching Jin and Nika's attempt to enter the city. He was out of ear-shot next in line, so unfortunately, he couldn't gauge their current attempts.

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro - The Citadel

As Echelon greeted the Piraka, I gestured to Toros silently, signing with my hands 'Toros, take the body to my lab. To the basement. Return again.'.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Jin)

I had to stop myself from shooting a glare at Nika; he sure chose the perfect moment to develop a misplaced sense of chivalry. Sure, I wasn't exactly thrilled at the prospect of getting any closer to "Stinkeye" than I already was, but getting all defensive wasn't going to get us in the Koro any faster. So I smiled through a cloud of vapour (karz it was cold) and wagged my finger playfully at my companion. "Oh, Kapi, don't get yourself all riled up."

I advanced on the guards, doing my best to keep up that slinky walk in the couple inches of soft snow (harder than it looks). "These boys are just lonely out here in the snow. Just need something to-" here I reached out and traced a line down Big Ugly's bicep. "-warm them up a bit."

A hot shower would've done the same -and helped with the smell, to boot- but this guy didn't look like he had an affinity for running water. Or mirrors. Or words with multiple syllables. Still, I'd dealt with worse, so I wrapped my fingers over his arm and pulled myself in.

I knew a gal once who had a thing for killing people with a kiss. She had some kind of lipstick that she laced with a toxin: one little peck, and her victim was foaming at the mouth a couple hours later. It wasn't painless either, or so she told me. I'd avoided getting too close to her after that. Now I found myself idly wishing I'd kept up that connection. Who knew where she was now, but I wouldn't've minded getting a little taste of that cherry red for a bit of best-served-cold revenge. Oh well. I'd have to settle for a knife in the back sometime down the road.

In all fairness, Ugly wasn't the worse kiss I'd ever had, but that was mostly because I cut it off before anything could get out of hand. Two seconds, absolute tops. I slapped playfully at his meaty hand -which was definitely aiming for the naughty list this year- and slinked out of his grasp.

"Hey there, handsome, that's enough for now," I said, silky and sweet. "Come find me later. Of course, that's only if your friend lets us in."

I wrapped this last sentiment in a coy pout. If Potato-face wasn't on our side before, he was now.

• Upvote 1

"For a war-ravaged ruin, it has quite a lot of charm and a very sincere aesthetic identity. I don't believe I've ever seen a newly annexed city with so many ice sculptures." My grin's message is somewhere between sincere and empty, gaze closer to polished stone than flesh.

"Ah, I'm afraid I'm getting ahead of myself," I pause to extend an open hand towards the cerulean churl and then gesture back to our host. "Vezok, Echelon. Echelon, Vezok. I'm sure your reputations have preceded each other's by several kio."

Edited by Simulacrum

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"Not surprising."

The laconic response lacked any trace of inflection, anything to lend it a helpful connotation. Much like the Fe-Toa's expression it was unreadable and ambiguous. They were the first words Eisen had spoken in the Piraka's presence, but not the first time he had encountered them. Their earlier arrival had been brief, but informative. And perhaps not in the ways that they had intended. Their Rahkshi attendants were numerous but moved with an organizational purpose that had been lacking since Makuta's fall. But their direction came from the two Skakdi. If it came to a fight, Makuta's Sons would not be his first targets.

But it would not come to a fight. Unlike his compatriots, Eisen felt no need to ready himself for battle. These were business partners, and as tense as their partnership might be, they would stay that way until it was no longer beneficial. Whether they would admit it or not, the Piraka gained as much from their alliance as Echelon did. He stayed to the right of Echelon's position instead, regarding their visitors with crossed arms and a casual stance. Unless someone did something very, very foolish there was no need for concern.

IC:

The Wastes tended to freeze one's fingers, but a little electricity now and again warmed them up pretty well. Wasn't as good for wood, though, so every now and again he needed to take his fingers off the guitar. He really didn't want to damage it on accident. But aside from those pauses, he kept the music going. Nothing really specific, just a continuous stream of strums and chords. A soft, pensive serenade for the frozen wasteland.

And whoever might be listening from the cable car's facilities. He didn't have much to do with them, but the edge of their compound was the best view towards Ta-Wahi.

IC:

"Sending this all along would be best." Krayn commented simply, directing his gaze towards Kale. "Whichever of you go, you or Rynekk, we should do it soon. Before anything happens to raise suspicions."

fK5oqYf.jpg