BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

--IC: Aiduro--

"Fine, we'll go over to that one.  But I'm warning you, it's not as good as some of the ones at the Flash-Freeze Suites."

Aiduro began to lead the way toward the bar that Rore had pointed out.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC: The Collector of Masks (Ko-Koro)

"Interesting. I thought you said the name was Fura."

:k: :m_o: :v: :s: :m_o: :r: :r:

BZRPG Characters: The Collector of Masks and Zavesh

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Disco, Phobia, MaharaRomulus and Remus

Hero Factory RPG 2.5 Characters: Whipcrack and Charles Erudite

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

IC: Tio

I smiled, oh a rough crowd is just what I need guardsman, I do hope the others get the gist of the plan though.

Then again they were expendable. Specially with Kaen almost spilling the beans seconds after we got in.

"Yes, but it has it's charms"

I made sure my cloak fully covered my armour as I stepped into the ... 'Skakadi's Skull' ... yeah that was the sort of name I should've expected. Somehow the bar's patrons were even more vile in appearance than the regular thugs that stalked Ko Koro. I could feel them all gazing at us before their sights returned to their drinks. Paying no heed to their hostility I sidled up to the bartender and requested a simple beverage.

Edited by The Invisible Noob

IC: (Kaen)

​Paying no attention to the other beings gathered in the bar, with an expression of pure contempt on his face, Kaen made his way over to Tio and asked for a drink as well before turning and leaning against the counter. He gave a look to the Toa of Ice. "So Rore, when are gonna...set up those defenses against the rest of the Maru?"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The Collector smoothly follows the group into the bar, keeping out of sight, and listens.

///////

Feel free to refer to me as either the Collector or Kovsorr, and if I don't reply to something, send me a PM!

A sly smile developed on the Toa of Air's face. That's it then, eh? Get the guard drunk, and get him off our backs.
​He looked around the bar, doing his best to avoid eye contact with any of its patrons. It was too crowded for them to discuss their plans directly.
​"I think he deserves it. I'm sure one works up quite a thirst hanging around outside those gates all day."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The bartender, a tall blue Skakdi with scars around his jawline, filled up two glasses with a Cherry Velour for Rore and Kavi, and placed a Spearmint Puff in front of Fura.

Aiduro grabbed a seat next to the three other Toa, noting where the Lesterin had gone, and placed his nearly empty bottle of Ogden's Old on the counter.  "Refill, please."

--OOC:--

Why do our characters always seem to end up in some bar?

OOC: Because that's how RPG's just work. Tis very common in dungeons and dragons as well.

Good, Kaen had understood the gist of plan A. Might as well get the guard talking then.

"So tell me ... guardsman, how did you end up working for Echelon?"

"I found out I could get paid to harass people."

Aiduro kept his answer short.  He didn't want to talk to these guys any more than he had to.  He was supposed to be watching them, not chatting with them.

How lowbrow, but predictable. Just another peon dragging the island back into tyranny again for the sake of short term monetary compensation. Still he was trying to be professional, how would I get him to drink.

"Well since we're going to be together for now, let me pay for that Ogdens old"

"No."

As if to solidify his point, he slammed a stack of widgets onto the bar counter when the bartender came back with the refilled bottle.

Ok so was he too proud to accept money from others, or just being a 'professional' hired muscle? I took a second glance round the bar, plan b seemed workable. Best to try another tack at getting him drunk first though.

"Well then I guess we can just bond over a couple of beers"

Aiduro shifted in his seat and glared at Rore.

"Look here, mate.  I'm not here to 'bond over a couple of beers,' as you put it.  I am here because I need to keep my eye on you blokes, make sure you don't cause no trouble, that sorta thing.  So dispense with the pleasantries real quick-like."

He took a swig from his bottle.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC: Toa Nahra

Nahra looked around the Koro, her arms crossed on her chest. She looked around for an inn. She finally spotted a large hut with a sign saying "Ko Koro Café" and approached the café.

She entered the café and sat on a stool in front of the counter. She ordered some waffles and a hot cup of cocoa. The Toa of Lightning then looked around the café again.

OOC: Darn it I have to start over again.

Nahra watched over the streets of the Koro. After she felt it was safe the cross, she ran to her hut across the street.

Edited by Darth Kranie

OOC: Kranie, Ko Koro has been taken over by the bad guys, what is your (I assume good aligned) toa character doing here?

This guy was like a brick wall, no wonder he was guard material.

"Yeah we're all fighting for Echelons ideals and Makuta's return, I'd feel terrible if we disappointed them infighting"

The Collector continues to listen.

///////

The Toa of Electricity reached her hut. She checked the streets again. No guards. With a sigh of relief she entered her the hut she once called home.

The inside of her hut was dark and covered in a thick blanket of snow. She walked across the thick snow and went inside her old bedroom, which was relatively covered in less snow. She checked under her bed and dug her arm into the snow.

Please be here, please be here, she thought to herself.

She felt a cold piece of metal and grabbed it. She took the item out of the thick snow.  It was her blade!

Oh, thank goodness it's still here. Nahra was glad that her other blade hadn't been taken by the guards who invaded the village not so long ago. Now with both her blades she would regain her confidence and help take back Ko Koro from the fists of the dark Toa.

She peeped through her window. Still no guards. I wonder where they've all gone. But then again I don't.

She ran outside, hoping not to stumble upon Makuta's forces.

Edited by Darth Kranie

--IC: Aiduro and Nikonn--

"There's not going to be any infighting, lads," said Aiduro, once again resting his hand on Epilogue's handle.  "Any infighting is going to end up in you being dead.  My distrust only sharpens my readiness for when you do pull something, which I know you won't."

Aiduro was so busy chastising Rore and Fura that he didn't notice a short, remarkably pretty female Vortixx enter the Skakdi's Skull.

Nikonn had grown tired of sitting in the Flash-Freeze Suites, waiting for some help getting out of here.  From the window, she had noticed a party of five enter this bar; perhaps they could give her directions.  One of them even looked like a guardsman.  A guardsman was sure to know where an exit was.

She took a random seat, which, by sheer chance, was the seat next to the Collector.  She gestured to the waiter for a drink, then took notice of the individual whom she had sat next to.

"Hello," she said to the Collector, swirling a lock of hair around her finger.

Nikonn is attempting to interact with the Collector.

Edited by capMARVELOUS

The Collector is distracted from his listening by the arrival of another.

Vortixx. Short. Pretty. Probably vain. No mask, therefore irrelevant.

"Greetings," says the Collector, still attempting to listen to the conversation between the group at the bar.

Edited by Kovsorr the Collector

///////

He's on edge. Good frickin' work, you two...
​"And why do you distrust us? I thought I'd already established we all work for the same cause. We're brothers-in-arms, whether you like it or not."
What's it gonna take for him to think we're really on his (and Echelon's of all people) side? Sacrifice a Matoran to the followers' dark god in waiting?

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"I distrust you because it's natural for us here in Ko-Koro to distrust outsiders.  There's always the distinct possibility that you'll wind up pulling something, so we need to be ready for that.  And that means not giving our trust away so easily."

Aiduro took another swig from his bottle.

Meanwhile, as the Collector was sizing up Nikonn, Nikonn was doing the same to him.  Lesterin.  Average height.  Dark armor.  Shifty-looking eyes.  Seemingly a hardcase.  Best be subtle with this one.

"I take it from the way your eyes keep darting over to those fellows at the bar that you're interested in their interactions?" she said, once she had finished her evaluation of the Collector.

IC: The Collector of Masks (Ko-Koro Bar)

"Your observations are correct, Vortixx," says the Collector without taking his eyes off the other conversation, "I believe the Toa speaking to the guard may be hiding something."

///////

"I doubt 'scandalous' is the right word. Perhaps 'devastating', for them, especially in a place like this."

///////

Let's try plan c for now.

"Heh, in out rush to get here before the Maru, we forgot our original businesses here"

I tapped the top of my forehead as if trying to remember something

"Kavi Morr and Fura, didn't you two have something  you need to do while I talk to Echelon?"

Nahra used her Mask of Sensory Aptitude to scan the area. She could see a group of Toa in a bar. But they were accompanied by a guardsman.

She could see that they weren't very comfortable with the guard's presence.

Maybe they're undercover and are trying to shake that guard off their tails, Nahra thought.

She couldn't say for sure. Maybe if she joined in, she could see if they were either good or just another one of Makuta's slaves. She ditched her Mask of Sensory Aptitude and replaced it with a Kanohi Huna and disappeared into the shadows.

The invisible Toa Nahra walked inside the bar and stood next to the group of Toa, trying to listen to their conversation.

Edited by Koala Kranan

After another swig of Ogden's Old, Aiduro said, "Nope.  You're not going to leave my sight.  If you two have something to do, then we're all going to follow you and watch you while you do it.  Like I said, I need to make sure that you don't pull any funny business."  His speech was beginning to get a little slurred.

Over at the other table, Nikonn asked the Lesterin she was talking to, "Perhaps you could use another set of eyes as you try to figure out what exactly it is they're trying to hide.  I happen to be very good at reading people and extracting their little secrets."

I know none of our characters can see you right now, but... Sup, Kranan.

The Collector turns to look at the Vortixx.

"An interesting proposal," he says, "But what would you ask of me in return?"

///////

"That seems reasonable," agrees the Collector, "You help me find out what they are doing, and I show you the way out."

Then he extends his hand. "I don't think I introduced myself, by the way. I am the Collector."

///////

--IC: Nikonn--

Nikonn took the Collector's and shook.  "Nikonn.  Pleasure."

She then turned her gaze to the gathering at the bar, attempting to read each person's expression.  The green Toa in particular looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here.