BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC (Oreius, Inu)

They're attacking our city.

Attacking our city.

Our city.

Ta-Koro.

The taste of blood filled his mouth; the stench of smoke and brimstone choked his lungs; and fire flashed before Oreius' eyes as both Parakuka and Toa reeled in shock and sudden anger. Tahu's spirit flamed within them, eagerly licking up the news and stoking their surprise into an inferno that burned somewhere behind their sternum-

“Oreius?”

Our city.

The Toa of Fire felt blood leaking from their palms where their fingernails pierced their skin, dripping. Their knuckles were white. Their teeth clenched, threatening to shatter like ceramic. The Piraka's face sneered in their mind's eye, and their chest tightened-

“Oreius.”

Our. City.

Each heartbeat was an eternity, a rumbling of thunder that shook the stars to their foundations and turned their vision red-

Oreius.”

The Wanderer's voice called to them from somewhere far away. Reluctantly, they returned, eyes blinking away the mist, pulling the room back into focus. They saw... he saw his brothers and sister watching them... him warily. Stannis waited for an answer, his eyes sharp as glass. The floor was wet.

“I met the blue one,” Oreius said. His voice sounded odd in his ears: too quiet, and too cold. “Agile. Smart, but short-tempered. Strong, but breakable.”

And we will break him.

IC:

"It seems your Piraka aren't so harmless after all. They're attacking our city, no holds barred. Jaller is calling on us. Everything else is on hold,"

And we're nowhere nearby.

I knew this was taking too long.

We're loosing time.

People will get hurt.

People will die.

Stop.

The Toa of water forced herself to take a deep breath, quelling the initial reaction of wanting to immediately rush into action.

Focus.

She mentally took a step back and began to think about their next moves like she would have as if she was back in Le-Koro, organizing support for the Gukko Force. The first step before taking action was to get a clear idea of the problem they were facing, followed by doing the same for their own position and resources.If these Piraka were powerful enough to launch an attack on the entire village by themselves and if Oreius' description was an indicator they would need a bit more than just their power to resolve the situation without too much collateral damage. They needed a plan. But there wasn't much to go on without knowing the situation in the village. What kind of powers and weapons did these Piraka have in their arsenal, how had they attacked Ta-Koro, where in the Koro did they strike and how coordinated were they? They needed to get there first and take a look. She looked at Korero.

"If you take us into the city, try to keep us out of sight. Maybe we can catch them off guard, maybe not, but at the least that should give us a chance to make a quick assessment of these Piraka before we engage them."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Korero)

The Toa of Air had folded his arms at the news, then quickly looked to Oreius in apprehension. He could well imagine how he himself would feel to hear that Le-Koro was the victim of such an attack. His fiery Brother not only carried the famously hot-headed spirit of Tahu, but his relationship with Inu made him the closest to beast-hood out of the Maru, so this bad news would undoubtedly test his self-control.

For a few moments, Oreius stood motionless, stunned. Korero could see the tension in his jaw tighten; a quick glance to his hands showed a darker red trickle from between crimson fingers.

But there were none of the tell-tell signs of the Parakuka's transformation taking hold, and soon Oreius snapped himself out of his bloodrage-stupor and spoke in a calm voice. Korero breathed a quiet sigh of relief.

His attention was soon drawn to Leah as she was the next to make her voice heard, this time addressing him.

"If you take us into the city, try to keep us out of sight. Maybe we can catch them off guard, maybe not, but at the least that should give us a chance to make a quick assessment of these Piraka before we engage them."

He nodded.

"I agree. If these guys are strong enough for Jaller, of all people, to call for help, we need to know what we're facing. They're Skakdi, so it's more than likely they'll have vision powers that make stealth difficult, but as long as they're not expecting us I should be able to give us at least a minute's advantage."

He turned his gaze back to Oreius.

"Brother, if you and I go first, I think I can get us close enough for you to use your mask."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Cetis

In the snowless lower slopes of Mt. Ihu, a lone toa of fire stood, looking over a small valley in the mountainside. Perfect! She thought, looking across the grassy slopes of the area, and the bare rock high up in the side. No sense to delay, let's get this started.

Running down the steep hillside, she soon found herself in the middle of the valley. She started by producing a thin but extremely concentrated jet of fire, burning the lines for the foundations of her build.

After a small while, she finally found herself happy with the shape, and now ran back up the mountain, up to the bare rock area. Lighting her fists on fire, she started accurately punching the rock, loosening a large chunk of it. Slowly and steadily, she carefully carried the rock back down to her building area, and placed the rock down. This might take a while.

OOC: First post of Cetis' building quest.

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC: Riaril

To the cold village built in a glacier time was something far more ephemeral when the snows drifted slowly from murky clouds: a syrupy tide bewitching in its languid pace, sweet in its arrival, and spurned for its unpunctuality by the less than forgiving doctor who's fur boots turned new snow into old mush with each step.

Doctor Riaril, or Gabel as she was known to the locals, had left the prison of her own hospital, retreated from the chalk boards covered in anatomical illustrations of cadavers, to do something she rarely did: stroll. Exercise never was Riaril's strong suit. She had been athletic during the Dark Time. Back then battlefields had spat out wounded faster than Riaril could chew a poultice, but those days had passed for the smoky surgeon years before the rest of the world. She had settled down in Ta-Koro, built a life around treating the sick in the sweltering heat, found someone she cared for. Then she went and got herself killed.

Riaril stopped on a stairwell to light a cigarette. The lighter clicked faintly but didn't catch. She tried again. With an exhale of smoke she nodded at the tell-tale trail of her addiction and pulled her coat a little tighter about the waist.

"I wonder how they stay in business with doctors telling their patients to stop," she murmured before going for another drag of the Po-Koran drug. "I'd actually have to quit if they do."

She finished the stairs and stepped out onto the roadway of a busier street. Small shops carved directly out of the glacier competed with warmer storefronts of wood and stone for business. Ko-matoran dawdled about on their way to whatever unimportant event was about to happen in their life. Interspersed among the locals were the tourists, obvious from their weary legs or heavy bags after traveling through the drifts to a cold but relatively safe refuge. With tourists and travelers came news, and news was Riaril's true goal. She took a quick sweep of the street with her remaining eye and settled on a mask of strength bobbing a few doors up.

"Hey, you," Riaril called out as she pushed her way through a small group of scholars. She pointed with her cigarette in the direction of the mask. "Yeah that's right, you with the metal hand."

OOC: Knock Knock, Gyro. :)

Edited by Kughii

IC: Ferron (Ko-Koro)

Ferron was called back to the here and now by a rasp at his eardrums. He turned to look in the direction of the voice, and his eyes fell upon a deformed face, perched upon the shoulders of the tall form of a Toa of Water wearing the same mask as Ferron now hid under his Pakari shape.

His metal hand remained limp as she turned to face the newcomer entirely.

"Yes, is there something you need of me?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Korero)

Korero took Oreius' hand, and Reordin passed him the note from Ta-Koro. His eyes scanned it quickly, taking in any information he could use to choose the best Jump location possible. From the Guard's hurried description, it seemed as though the popular Lavapool Inn was ground zero of the conflict. He searched his memory...there were a few alleys nearby from which they would be able to get onto the rooftops and observe without the Hiko's flash giving them away.

He passed the note back to the Toa of Ice, and activated his Hiko, concentrating on both his Brother's mass and the mental image of the destination - and the two Toa disappeared into whiteness.

OOC: Korero and Oreius to Ta-Wahi.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Leah watched her two brothers disappear in a flash. She let out a low breath, collecting her thoughts and pulled out her Bo-Staff from its sheath on her back. If they dropped right into the action, it would be good to have their weapons at the ready. The others were thinking along the same lines it seemed, as Reordin unhooked his axes, Stannis tightened the hold on his halbeard and Sulov...well, he was a living weapon. She remembered how he had stood against Makuta's wave of darkness like a living mountain. Thinking back to that moment helped her relax a little. Whatever was going to happen, they could deal with it as long as the stood together. She counted the seconds until Korero reappeared.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Cetis (Mt. Ihu - Snowless slopes)

After repeatedly walking up the hill, cutting out a rock and carrying it down again, Cetis had finally managed to fill in the lines, which she had burnt into the ground earlier, with large, somewhat scorched rocks. Now it was time to get some decent flooring before continuing... Wood. Wood sounds good. I think there's some on the surface of...

Cetis quickly scaled the hillside, looking over the surface of Onu-Wahi. ...Yep, Onu-Wahi. Woodlands. Who would have thought?

Cetis started her journey towards the woods of Onu-Wahi.

OOC: Cetis to Onu-Wahi

Edited by Toa Onaku

IC (Korero)

Korero reappeared in his fellow Maru's midst. The smell of smoke seemed to have traveled with him.

"We found them, but they're split up. Oreius is finding their weaknesses, but we should mobilise straight away. Agreed?"

The others nodded in acquiescence. There was no time to waste.

Korero seized Leah and Reordin first and spirited them away, reappearing a split-second later to get Stannis and Sulov.

OOC: Remaining Maru to Ta-Wahi.

IC: Riaril

The mask of strength was attached to a toa with a heavily muscled physique, as if he spent his weekends beating on hot steel with a forge hammer. His arms were stout and his stance was broad. He carried a heavy rucksack on his shoulders and used a large mace as a hiking stick. Riaril nodded when he spoke in his deep voice.

"Of you? Nah, I'm looking for someone to tell me what's going on outside of this snowfield. You looked like the guy to ask is all. Besides," she paused to inhale from her cigarette and glanced at the metal prosthetic, "it's not often I see someone who opts to use their elemental power constantly and I'd enjoy learning how that works. Iron, right? I could fix you up with a real hand you know. I've got a skakdi's on ice back at the hospital if you're interested."

Edited by Kughii

Be that as it may that Ga-Toa healers were almost a cliche, every time Ferron came across one, he was reminded of Tarika, and then it hurt.

"The offer is generous, but I don't think a Skakdi hand would do any better" Ferron politely declined, looking at Riaril.

"You seem to manage without all your bodyparts yourself" he said, pointing towards her missing eye.

"As for your other question, I'm afraid I've been out of the loop for a long time, I don't think I can help you"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"I appreciate the gesture, but I'm on an urgent mission that cannot wait." Ferron replied, holding out his palms in polite dismissal.

"I am in need of information, information that I strongly doubt can be found in the island's newspaper"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Zadron)

Zadron watched Braen closely as he spoke. Eventually, the assassin's paranoia relented. Either Braen really had no idea who the Company were, or he was a better liar than Zadron could contend with.

"All right," he said. "I'm interested. Both in setting up a meeting, and in the possibility of further work. But because of said Company, I need to lay low for a while, especially while I'm in Ko-Wahi."

IC: (Braen)

"Good to hear, you'd be getting a decent sum simply for setting up a meeting. Now any additional jobs' pay will vary, but I am nothing if not a generous employer," Braen laughed softly. "A man of your stature stands to gain a lot in this new world. Of course I'd prefer to talk details with your associate, if you could be here as well it would be helpful as well." Braen thought for a second as he heard Zadron's last statement fingers interlocking as his green eyes narrowed. "Well I have a guest bedroom upstairs, you could stay there."

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC: Ferron, Tuli and Khervos (Ko-Koro)

Ferron had long since departed the Ga-Toa, once again finding himself walking aimlessly, until...

"FERRON"

An effeminate, shrieking voice pierced his ears with a shrill cry, but he welcomed it all the same, for to hear a familiar voice again was music to his ears.

He turned, seeing his fiery assistant come running towards him, paying no heed to the cold and the ice all around her, her flame not able to contained by mere coldness as she rushed towards Ferron, grabbing the much larger smith in a leg hug.

"It's so good to see you again" she said.

Ferron smiled solemnly at the Ta-Matoran, nodding in return.

"Likewise" he replied, not caring that finding her here meant he had been followed.

"Did you find Kuhrin?" she asked.

"Yes, but he escaped" Ferron muttered back.

"You'll get back at him yet, Ferron" Tuli assured him as she spontaneously took the lead through the streets.

"We found Noka, by the way" she explained, "she's with us now"

"Oh, really?" Ferron asked, immediately interested.

"You were right about her having a history with Kuhrin," Tuli explained, "they used to be together"

Ferron's brows furrowed, already sensing a conflict he would have to consider.

"Say, what about Rhea, did she keep her part of the deal?" Tuli asked, still feeling unease about the Bounty Hunter.

"Yes," Ferron replied, his eyes glazing a bit "and so much more"

"What's that?" Tuli demanded to know.

"Later" Ferron brushed it off as they walked into a small Inn, where a familiar purple visage peered up at them.

"Good to see you, Ferron" Khervos greeted him simply before letting his gaze fall on the Po-Matoran beside him.

"This is Noka"

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Noka

All eyes fell on the Po-Matoran as she looked nervously at the hulking Toa of iron before her. 'Haunted' perhaps best described her appearance. Her eyes were unfocused, surrounded by rings of coughdrop-coloured bruising that made her appear hollow, as if her soul had been scooped out by a dozen sleepless nights; her fingertips looked battered and shredded, evidently by her own nervous ravaging as she picked and fidgeted with the strap of her satchel; her feet seemed to have forgotten how they ought to stand, and had arranged themselves in an awkwardly neat position pointing straight ahead - the same direction as her unseeing gaze.

Slowly, her lips parted, and, as if finally finding some excess feeling, managed to let out a little voice. "Hi... You want to know about him too, I guess?"

IC: Ferron (Ko-Koro Inn)

Ferron sat down, slowly, taken aback completely by the ghastly appearance of the meek Po-Matoran before him. What he saw in her eyes was a look of confusion and loss, someone who had nothing left to lose, only clinging to life due to some distant hope.

She was like him, and it hurt.

He smiled sympathetically, meeting Noka's gaze.

"Please, if you would"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Sheepishly, Noka smiled back. 'Smiled' in this context meaning that the corners of her mouth attempted to point up, with some strain. And she really was attempting - there was some level of understanding in his eyes, the kind that only someone who had also been hurt could understand. This was a man who had been through Karzahni and survived.

She quietly took the seat by Ferron's side.

Edited by Alex Turner

IC: Khervos (Ko-Koro Inn)

Khervos and Tuli sat down on the other side of the table, with all exchanging expectant, confused glances for a moment or two, as if waiting for an answer as to what to do next.

Khervos cleared his throat, all eyes turning to him. He felt immediately at home in the scenario.

"Noka, this is Ferron, Ferron; Noka. We're all here looking for the same person. Ferron has seen Kuhrin commit horrid acts, and you, Noka, you want to see Kuhrin again to judge for yourself"

"We're all on the same team here" The Private Eye stated, with only a hint of hesitation in his voice. He knew that Ferron and Noka's ultimate motives were far different, but as long as they for now could leave that and work together they'd come closer to finding Kuhrin, and that was someting both sides wanted regardless.

"So, Noka, I suppose you might as well get started"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Cetis (Snowless slopes of Mt. Ihu)

Days had passed since Cetis began her task; to build a fortified house, where she could practice in peace. Finally, after having worked day and night with little to no rest, she had built a large drum tower with a smaller tower connected to it. Of course, she had plenty more room to expand the building, but for now, this would have to do. She was exhausted, and the grassy hillside sure looked good right about...

Lying there in the grass, Cetis had passed away, now sleeping after all of her hard work. Work that had fortunately paid off.

Although Khervos was, of course, correct, his wording somehow made Noka mentally scream in irritation. It was wrong, somehow, but she couldn't place it. Perhaps it was that she had already judged for herself, and her mind was made up that underneath Kuhrin's thick layer of darkness lay the beautiful soul she had once loved. Or perhaps it was that, although she tried to hide it from herself, she really believed that Kuhrin might turn good upon seeing her again, that his love for her would prevail over the darkness. But part of her knew that was a stupid fairytale thing to believe, that of course that wasn't how it worked. It was for this reason she had not and did not intend to voice her secret theory, but instead attempted to veer the course of events towards finding out if it were true.

"Right, you want the story again..." She took a moment to think, and clear her throat, silently quelling the outrage that she had to bring forth these traumatic memories again. But she did voice her feelings, instead doing as she was asked, politely reciting the story as she had told it to Khervos and Tuli, every little detail from her and Kuhrin's first meeting until his slow fall into darkness. With every word, she hated herself more, and each traumatic thought the urge to lash out and unleash her bottled instability on the world she hated. No rampage came, however, and as the story came to a close she breathed a sigh of relief. It was like being forced through an extremely tight gap into a room of darkness, and this was her relief on the other side, the short peace before the realisation that she had no idea where she had gotten herself.

"That's all," she said at last.

Ferron's eyes widened, and his smile faded as Noka relayed her part of Kuhrin's story. The disease, the unjust treatment of his friends, the anger, the rage that ate him up from within.

A man, crippled and broken, molded by a harsh world into something far worse. He could almost hear Kuhrin's venomous voice in his head.

"We are alike, you and I, Ferron. More than you realize"

Within him, a flare of disgust and righteous fury threatened to spring forth and set ablaze in his eyes. No, he was not like Kuhrin, for he had not allowed himself to fall in his strife. His hands clenched, as if under their own power as he struggled to calm himself.

He was finding out more about himself on this quest than he ever expected, more than he really cared for.

"You... you mentioned Krell" he finally said.

"I knew him as well. He... he was a good friend"

Edited by Gyro Gearloose

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Was. He was a good friend. Past tense. Noka's mind flashed back back to Khervos' words back at her hut: "...but he is now wanted for murder, Noka." Noka did not want to connect the dots, but they brought themselves together without her supervision. Could it be true? Could Krell, the laid back, happy-go-lucky Ta-Matoran she once knew be gone? It struck her like a knife in the chest, Krell's smiling face and welcoming nature gone forever. The very thought that Kuhrin could kill such light and joy was jarring, incomprehensible.

"I... I'm sorry..."

"So am I" Ferron mumbled solemnly, "for not being strong enough to save him"

For better or worse, Krell's legacy had impacted Ferron deeply, past the point of no return. All this came from Krell and Kuhrin's shared past, Ferron was merely the torchbearer in all this, the observer of the game turned player by some unlikely twist of fate.

"But what's done is done, the next step is to find Kuhrin"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Iegasa

Ko-wahi was a vast region, and as such its climate could differ depending on where one was. Most knew of it as a land of ice, snow and freezing weather, but the description did not apply to the lower reaches, on the ill-defined borders between itself and the lands of fire and water. That was where the Shrine of Makuta was located, surrounded by snowy grassland. The temperatures were milder here, allowing for plantlife to flower.

His shrine was just as he had left it, snugly sitting upon the snowfields with no sign of interference. Not that he had expected anyone to try and do so; there were few who really visited, and barely any were zealous enough to destroy a building dedicated to a (dead?) god. True, there would be dust and whatnot lying about, but he could clean it up. It wasn't as if maintaing the building was too difficult, even if there was only one occupant now.

Iegasa opened the door, smiling as he surveyed the lobby.

He was home.

She wanted to console him, to tell him it wasn't his fault or that of course he was strong enough, that Kuhrin was to blame. But she didn't know this man. She didn't know what happened, whether he really could have saved his friend or not. Most of all she wasn't convinced that it was Kuhrin's fault and not the shadow that evidently held sway over him.

Those thoughts had to be pushed aside for the sake of their mutual goal.

"How do you suppose we track him down?" She asked, ideas already beginning to form in her head.

IC: Ferron, Tuli and Khervos (Ko-Koro Inn)

"If only Rhea was here," Ferron muttered, "she'd know what to do"

Tuli winced again, inaudibly. Her suspicion flared up again as she narrowed her eyes at Ferron with a telling gaze.

"What happened, Ferron? You're gonna have to tell me sooner or later"

Ferron saw Tuli's glare, but didn't care to meet it, instead he disappeared into his own mind in order answer Noka's question.

So did Khervos, with remarkably more success.

"We're looking for a Makuta Follower, are we not? The best way to find them is amongst their own kind."

"I had that thought myself" Ferron admitted, "somewhere out there Makuta's cohorts are still on the loose. Kuhrin has probably gone to join them again

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"The truth is, Kuhrin has always operated by himself whenever we ran into him, but he committed his actions in the Makuta's name nonetheless. I remember Krell had been enslaved by Makuta with an infected mask, and Kuhrin was hunting him down after he broke free and escaped"

"And that's where I entered the picture" he said with a weary sigh.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Ferron and Khervos (Ko-Koro Inn)

Ferron shook his head in disappointed confirmation.

"Kuhrin always seemed to come to me at first..."

"Then we give him a reason to"

All eyes turned to Khervos again as the Ba-Matoran Private Eye spoke up, his deep crimson eyes dissecting all present effortlessly.

“I have an idea, but it will depend on what the next question’s answer is”

“Does Kuhrin still care about Noka?”

“I… I think in some way he does, actually” Ferron replied slowly, “before he killed Zuriana, she told him Noka was alive, and though he didn’t believe her, it seemed like he’d want it to be true nonetheless”

“Then that settles it, doesn’t it?” Khervos said.

“Kuhrin won’t come to Ferron, but he will come to Noka,” Khervos surmised, “I think you can guess where I’m going with this”

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

At one point Ferron would've dismissed Noka's plea in a heartbeat, but now he wasn't so sure. Kuhrin's origin was like a twisted inversion of his own, where the loss of his comrades and his crippling injuries had ruined him from within. Now, Ferron saw in Kuhrin something that he himself was in danger of becoming if he let his lust for revenge get the better of him. If he removed Kuhrin from the equation, the spot would be his own to fill.

"Alright," he said with a deep breath, "we'll give you your chance, it's the least I can do in light of what you've told me."

"Kuhrin deserves once chance, at least, one that I've yet failed to give him"

He offered his left hand to Noka in a handshake.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Not only did she take the hand gratefully, Noka smiled. Finally, these people were showing reason and mercy, something she had scarcely received in many, many years. For the first time in so long, hope was on the horizon to get back someone she had lost.

"So, what's our first course of action?"

IC: Ferron and Khervos (Ko-Koro Inn)

"Find some way to reach Kuhrin with the message that you're alive" Khervos said, "he think's you're dead, so he's likely to investigate a lead implying otherwise"

"If there was some place he was likely to frequent we could try there"

"I remember he had himself holed up in at the site of our first encounter for some time, but I don't think he'd still be in that Godforsaken canyon" Ferron said.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...