BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC

Ko-Wahi is cold. This environment is not conducive to the proper functioning of my primary weapon; I must take additional care to maintain it and preserve its use for when I shall have need of it. My employment under Echelon will surely demand it, and I am nothing if not a professional. I promised my services, and shall provide as stipulated, else my reputation would pay.

That would be, in a word, unacceptable.

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu peered at the voritxx who apparently was talking to him. Never had he seen the world so clear, at least not before he got these goggles, courtesy of the ga-koro akiri. Now he no longer suffered from his near-sightedness, but it did not hamper his vision abilities either. However with a wide smile he tipped his head to the Vortixx

"Well that is mighty nice of you pal. Afterall not often i am offered a free drink."

His eyes darted for the merest of seconds to Kive-phu, the lava hawk of his who had perched herself atop the rafters of the building. She was never comfortable in these enclosed places, but she would go where tivanu went. His attention drifted back to Krios now

"And the drifts weren't the issue."

Edited by VoxuChro

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

OOC: Echelon and group from Kini-Nui

IC (Echelon)

To the blindfolded Ishi, the journey to Echelon's base of operations likely felt like an eternity of walking. At times, he was lifted and carried (none too gently) by the larger members of the group, but with no indication as to why. Perhaps it was simply to insure against the possibility that the Matoran had exceptional muscle memory.

He would still have some clues as to the general environs, though: the stale air of the tunnels grew steadily colder, and the ground wetter underfoot. The chill slipperiness of ice was unmistakable as they continued.

At one point, he could discern the crunch of snow underfoot and the howl of wind above, though both were answered by a brittle echo and the breeze on his skin, though icy, was too weak for the Drifts. Perhaps they were following the floor of some chasm or crevasse, with walls of ice on either side?

When they eventually stopped, the sounds of wind above had long since been smothered, replaced with an eery stillness. Meltwater dripped and trickled. Rarely (but still too often for comfort) a deep, booming crack of shifting ice resounded around them.

Standing in wait, Ishi heard an unfamiliar voice conversing briefly with Echelon, though he could not make out the words.

Metal scraped against metal, and they moved forward down what felt like a corridor. The scraping noise came once again, and then Ishi felt Kohra's clawed hands untying his blindfold.

Once his eyes became re-accustomed to the light, he found himself in a hexagonal chamber, a good few bio in diameter. The walls were made of smooth burnished-looking silver metal; slab-like metal doors, with no visible handle or keyhole, were set into each one. Lightstones in metal brackets illuminated the room.

Echelon and his associates stood around him (with Greisk on the floor nearby) along with an eighth being he did not recognise: a male Vortixx in a white cloak, whose sharp features were visible beneath the hood. This newcomer was eyeing the six dark beings warily.

"You're making an unhealthy habit of seeking me out on other people's instruction, Zadron," the Necromancer said.

Zadron's grimace made it clear there was no love lost.

"I take no pleasure from it," he retorted. "You're a sought-after man, whether you like it or not. At least this time they paid me to talk to you rather than kill you."

"Fortunately for you," Echelon replied, with an icy smile.

Edited by That Ghosthands is a spy

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: "I'll vouch for it." Kellin said with a stiff nod, swiping a new cup of tea from Iegasa without looking. "A concussion is when a man thinks his most freely. The flow of creativity is the second most prominent thing in there at this point."

After the inability to deduce where you're going.

It's like diving headfirst into a murky lake. You're all over the place, and always moving, but -karz- if you have any idea what's in front of you.

---------------------------------------------------------

Well, if anyone was an authority...

helo frens

IC:

(Past, Kini-Nui)

As Echelon gave the command to remove the Kraata - tossing in a rather poor joke about finding me Matoran to play with as well - I nearly sighed. I'd almost decided to name the Kraata, but, alas, it was never meant to be my pet. Even I had known that, however, as I'd moreso been planning to use it as a weapon, and weapons could always be replaced. So, instead, I shrugged, and stopped petting the Kraata.

"As you wish," I said, with as conversational a tone as I might ever use, and just as the Kraata began to hiss in annoyance I crushed it in one clawed hand, cutting its hissing and squealing brutally short. I didn't even glance at the pulp that was left in my hand - nor at the small gobbets of flesh and liquid that had accidentally landed upon the mask of our little Akhmou impersonator. Perhaps I had squeezed too hard.

Indifferently, I tossed what was left of the Kraata to where my Kane-Ra lay watching, letting it eat the morsel and lick the blood from my fingers - wet, bloody hands were useless if one needed to maintain their grip on something, after all, and saliva wouldn't stain anything like blood would.

---

(Present, Ko-Wahi, Echelon's Lair)

Soon enough we arrived at Echelon's lair, with one Vortixx present to speak with our necromancer. I wasn't aware if I had ever seen the man before or not - perhaps I had and didn't remember, perhaps I hadn't - but he certainly seemed to have a prior relationship with Echelon. And apparently he had been sent to kill Echelon in the past. It was almost surprising that he hadn't been killed for his failure, but on this island, among these peoples, things were done differently than at my home.

For example, assassins were hired somewhat often here. Not so at my home.

But home mattered little now, while the present mattered much, with our options for the future soon to be revealed to us. And so now I would wait, quietly, so that I could learn better what the future would hold for me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC:  I'm horribly sorry for not posting ages ago.

IC: Ishi Polzin

The long trek from the Vault of Mangaia and the Abettor’s Cave to the sinister scientist’s metal icebox in Ko-Wahi took a considerable amount of time.  Ishi’s captors, for lack of a better word, traveled on foot through the Drifts, their feet beating a rhythmic crunch.  The Hapaka wiled away the hours recalling information, running over details, and fleshing out hypotheses.  His mind focused on a single overarching question with tendrils of connections branching out into the far reaches of his diverse fields of knowledge: who was Ahkmou?

From the outset Ishi knew he’d picked a lie with insufficient information on the surface.  His only first hand experience came from a brief encounter long ago during a trip to Po-Koro with Alarick Polzin, while Ahkmou was still a member of the Cultured Gentry and not an outcast expelled from the city walls, and from the words Ahkmou wrote in his coded journal.  He couldn’t remember Ahkmou’s accent, which Echelon had made a key point of using to destroy the paper-thin facade Ishi'd pulled in Mangaia to buy minutes and seconds of life.  

But now he'd had hours.

“Echelon,” Ishi said as his eyes finally grew accustomed to the light reflecting across the barest of metal walls.  “You brought me this far for a test and I’m sure your companions are more than ready to see me exposed as a traitor.  Why don’t we get whatever you have planned over with so my identity is no longer questioned.  I have things to share, things you all need to hear."

IC (Kohra):

"It neither matters who you are, little one, nor do you have capability to prove any of your claims." the Vortixx cut in, her voice as cold as the walls of the cave, though without malice.

"What you can prove, however, is your usefulness. I would focus on doing that, if I were you. Say what you have to say or else be quiet."

------------------

(The Traveler)

He had done as the architect had asked him to do: Always staying near, without being seen. It was easy enough for him. After all, following people like Ambages was his speciality. He had made his way across the drifts and arrived at the massif only a short while after the Matoran and his two guardsmen. He felt a bit sorry for the latter two. Judging from his experience, he was not going to be a pleasant companion, or rather, not one who they could feel at ease being around.

After entering the small, secluded village, he had at first earned a few strange looks. He was not from around here and these days that was regarded with a healthy dose of suspicion, at least when it came to totally unknown people like him. After a few minutes though, he had picked up on the general attitude of the people here and their common behaviour, and adapted to it through his own body-language. It was a subtle thing that was hard to learn, but by now it came to him with ease.

Now blending in, he started to follow Ambages trail once more. It was time to find out what the architect had been up to in the meantime. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: In the Drifts

IC

He smelt it, the smell of snow. That's all he could smell. Or feel.

The blizzards felt like a thousand needles piercing his skin. It had been so long since he felt this feeling, and although it singed, it felt so relaxing. It was surprising he didn't just fall to the snow on the ground and fall asleep in this heavenly atmosphere.

But this wasn't the time. The Matoran had a family to find, a home to rediscover, a life to save; his. Although it had been many years since he last set foot in Ko-Koro there were distant memories of his time here. He knew that the cold would do serious damage to him if he didn't get to some form of shelter soon. 

It was awfully lonely out there, in the blizzards. For the first time in so long, he felt afraid and alone. It gave him memories of a time long before, looking for something old and broken . . . 

The snow beneath him gave way suddenly, causing the Onu-Matoran to crash and tumble down a steep slope. Falling back on the white ash, he felt mostly fine. All of the avalanches and landslides while with his family had made him more aware when the ground was weak. Why did he fall just then? What was distracting him?

Walking onwards in the Drifts, he came to some sort of drop. When, or if, the blizzards ever cleared, maybe he could get a good sight of where he was. Digging up the snow in hope to find some sort of solid ground he could sleep on, he let out some-sort of roar, hoping that somebody would hear.

OOC: Mahluk open for interaction on the Drifts

Edited by Jamescax

IC (Echelon)

Echelon turned away from Zadron at Ishi's interruption, and stared at the Po-Matoran with his usual inscrutable intensity.

"Speak your piece," he said. "If this information is as valuable as you suggest, it would be wise to share now lest the test render it...unobtainable."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Greisk - [Echelon's Lair]

Greisk lay on the floor, hands bound, but otherwise free to move.

The Toa of Magnetism listened intently to Echelon and the Matoran's conversation.

Ugh... Greisk, what happened?

To make a long story short, I was beaten by Echelon, whose voice you can hear, and one of his associates knocked me out.

That Echelon?

Greisk merely nodded in his mind, and stayed still.

Edited by Just Norik

"I'll say what I know, and may Makuta prove my truth in your test." Ishi stared at Echelon briefly, and then began.  He couldn't hide the truth any longer.  If Ishi was to be Ahkmou in the eyes of the dark toa he would truly have to become the makuta-worshipping Po-matoran businessman.  The informant and his coat had to be set aside forever to insure survival.  It was a dangerous moment, but all of Ishi's life had been plagued by impending death in some form or another and each time assuming a new guise had given him another breath, another month, a new friend and ally.

"Before the Akiri Summit, Onu-Koro bombed Ta-Koro's monorail in a financial ploy after using a sentinel mole to steal back radio technology for the remote detonation hardware.  Ta-Koro's been investigating the bombing without success for months. I got this news from an informant who encountered the mole and contacted my Kafu, goes by the alias Hapaka and seems to have gotten on the good side of several Akiri although I wager he'll be dead soon enough.  However, if this secret were to be known openly what sort of mistrust could it cause among those blindly faithful to their sleeping god?  In this buried plot lies the path to breaking their unity.  We could create chaos, and from there sew the seeds of Makuta's power again."

IC

I have never met a Matoran I could trust. Nor a Toa, for that matter. Nor a Turaga, a Skakdi, a Vortixx, a Lesterin, or any other sentient species with the ability to lie. This man has presented potentially valuable information, but remains a liability, regardless of his story's truth. And in divulging, he has removed his only safeguard.

IC:

"Setting aside the series of events you describe, of which we have no proof," Eisen began, from his position against the wall. The Toa of Iron was as calm as ever, though his arms were crossed and his eyes fixed on the Matoran before them. The expression upon his face was inscrutable, leaving no clues as to his thoughts. "It proves nothing about you. You claim to be Ahkmou, and yet can produce no concrete evidence to that 'fact'. You present claims, of which we have no proof of validity."

"It is my judgement, based upon your behavior since your unfortunate encounter with us, that you are not in fact Ahkmou. Not even close."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Agrona

Agrona sneered with an eye roll and turned away from the group, now moving over to Toros. If what the captive Matoran said was true, then the foundations of the island and the peace it held could be made weaker. The first idea that came to Agrona's mind was sending this information out in the form of rumors. It was the people that needed to be upset. Not the village leaders. But this could be made true even if the Matoran was lying. They could sew any string of rumors together like that.

She crouched next to Toros and spoke to him with a warm and sweet voice,
"I'm sorry about the bounds my friend. I didn't want you to attempt escape before we properly became introduced. Sit up please," she smiled, and reached forward, cutting the ropes, "You will speak only when you are spoken to, or what you have to say is valuable enough it garners our or my attention," the Lesterin looked to his face again and lifted up her hand. In a fist that faced Toros, she bobbed it up and down, "This means 'yes', and this," she stopped bobbing and opened up her pointer finger, middle finger, and thumb before closing them together. As if grabbing a sum of rice out of the air, "Means 'no'," Agrona put her hand down and looked at the Toa expectantly, "Now you show me."

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

He was at an impasse, stranded without a means of providing proof for his words in a mass of unimpressed killers.  Eisen and Rorg, two beings who seemed to believe only in what their eyes told them, were set on eliminating him.  Kohra no doubt felt the same.  Agrona even walked off, so bored she needed another form of attention in the plaything she'd created in Mangaia.  There was a fleeting thought, at first nondescript but growing like a tumor on his confidence with violent speed: I'm going to die here.

The thought sat awkwardly with Ishi.  He'd always been in situations with the threat of death, but never before had it been so great, so pervasive.  It was as if he'd tied himself to the rails of the Iron Mahi, waiting for the train to arrive.  For the first time in a long time fear gripped his heart.  If Ambages and Caerus were the Takea sharks in deep water these villains were far darker and deadlier, aberrations lying on the ocean floor.  Strangely, Ishi felt a compelling connection to them.  They all held power, wielded power, and coveted power.  Once Ishi'd thought he had all three, but now he knew better.  He only coveted power, coveted the chaos and indecision of others caused by his spinning of yarns and secrets.  Here, without enough truth to turn to plausible fiction, he no longer held or wielded power.  Caerus avoided direct confrontations for good reason.  Away from the front lines an informant could work slowly and carefully, and with patience build an empire of secrets.  It was a shame Ishi had no patience.

I'm going to die here.

Something about the thought beating in sync with his heartlight brought a calm along with the tension.  Death was a drink Ishi always thought he'd be willing to choke down to prove himself, but now it felt far too poisonous.  Popping his neck Ishi let his mind still.  I'm not going to die afraid.

"You want the truth with evidence?  Alright..."  Ishi addressed the group as a whole.  His feet slid a bit wider in stance.  If he was going to die at least it would be with truth on his lips.  It felt like the right thing to do after speaking lies for so long.  "I'm not Ahkmou.  At least, not the Ahkmou you seem to care about.  I didn't start the Cultured Gentry, didn't corrupt Po-Koro with Makuta's influence, and didn't meet Echelon in Xa-Koro. My name is Hapaka, I'm the informant I spoke of.  The words I told you were a lie to buy myself time, figure my way out of this situation, but now I see any falsehood is pointless.  I'll only earn a bullet from Rorg."  He nodded in the sniper's direction.

"NEX killed Ahkmou, or at least an assassin parading themselves as NEX did.  His murder occurred a few days after Ambages visited his ex-chairman and I have reason to believe the Architect may have had a heavy hand in that.  I learned this from Ahkmou's journal, given to me by Akiri Hewkii after I'd won his trust burying the monorail secret away.  Kohra, you seemed surprised it had such a large plot for such a small outcome.  There's more to the story, but making it brief Nuparu and Hewkii struck a deal: Nuparu'd build the Iron-Mahi and perform some additional tasks if Ta-Koro's monorail became inoperable and needed repairs by trained workers from Onu-koro.  The story I previously told is a fabrication I've sold to a few rare individuals to slowly turn the island's leaders against the technological powerhouse of Onu-Koro.  As for Ahkmou's journal, it wasn't hard to crack the code once I'd figured out a clue.  Echelon, I used it to piece together Ahkmou's meeting with you in Xa-Koro.  Agrona, when I said it was Ahkmou's journal and my journal I didn't need to lie because both were true.  In a way, as I'm the only one who can read his writings and dig into his secrets, I've become the matoran as well in more than name.  There's the Kufa to think about, a subject I've given little time to in my travels but would need to address or disband in the future."  How much more was he willing to say?  When they kill me, at least the game will continue.  

"I'm Hapaka and Ahkmou.  I learn things from my life in the shadows, and spread discord by my dealings in the light.  I've never really worshipped a deity, but I'm not an atheist like Ambages with his master plans or some Mata-Nui worshipping brakas with a mission to wake my god.  I like Mata-Nui asleep, if he even exists. His sleep keeps chaos churning, and I like chaos.  So, Echelon, there's your truth with evidence.  If after that you think a test by your god is worthwhile, I say let's get it over with.  I wouldn't mind being chosen to keep living by the god of the shadows, He knows I've certainly been living in them for a long time."

IC: (Icha)

Suddenly the blizzard cleared, shoved off to the side as if it had suddenly gained sentience and dispersed itself. In it's absence stood Icha, two Ko-Matoran at his side. He offered Mahluk a hand, his deep voice following the gesture: "do you require assistance, my friend?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Echelon)

I smile.

The extraction of information brings with it a thrill, like the vampire with his feast of blood: I have taken another's knowledge - his power - and made it mine. His facade is dropped, the paper-thin guise torn, and the cowering charlatan revealed.

They all break in the end. The Hapaka's breaking is all the more satisfying for how little effort had been necessary to bring it about - fear alone has been sufficient. Torture can be very time-consuming.

"This information is most interesting," I say, "and it will be most useful. But the test still remains."

IC (Zadron)

Zadron listened to the information dealer's words with interest - particularly over the mention of NEX. It had been a long time since he'd last had contact with the organisation.

IC: Greisk

Cyrena was silent as Greisk broke the news.

"So your mouth is... Sealed?"

"You're acting more calmly than I expected. I, well, I panicked when I found out."

"Well, as a mask, I don't really think my chances of communication with others, namely you, would be impeded by a sealed mouth, so I'm not getting any fear from this.

"Besides, I don't think me freaking out would help you in any way."

The Fa-Toa couldn't argue wih that logic, and was grateful for Cyrena's little bit of thoughtfulness.

Greisk turned his attention back to Agrona. He repeated the motions exactly.

"You know, you could have done another hand motion, one considerably more crude and insulting."

"No thank you. Angering a manic body-disfigurator is not high on my list of things I wish to do."

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC: Mahluk, in the Drifts

The small, cold Matoran was scared at first. It was the first time he had heard anyone speak for such a long while. Worried, he turned to the three figures and began to growl like an animal, but quickly came to his senses and took the offer of Icha's hand. Gathering all his strength he uttered his first words in so many years.

"Who . . . are you?"

"After you."

Echelon's words echoed in the metallic room, bounding down the hallway revealed behind the door.  Ishi clenched his fists twice, letting his fingers wiggle out the anticipation of death.  Rationality screamed 'it's a trap' in his mind, but by this point traps had become meaningless: he was in a metal cage already.  Ishi's first few steps echoed as the necromancer's words had, until the constant reverberating sound of motion filled the room like waves overlapping on the surf.  

At the doorway Ishi peered into the darkness.  The lightstones of the current room illuminated little of the hallway.  A murky blackness seemed to swirl and dance out of the light's reach, laughing at Ishi for his eventual demise that, like a mahi, he walked blindly toward.  

I am no mahi, Ishi thought to himself.  I'm a hapaka, and when I get the scent I follow it 'til the end.

The po-matoran stepped into the awaiting darkness.  lightstones flickered awake at his presence, revealing the straight and narrow to a large metal door without handle or keyhole.  As he walked forward his heartlight pounded in his chest.  Behind, Ishi heard the sound of the others closing in.  At the door he stopped, unable to go further.  

Edited by Kughii

IC: Greisk

"Good," Agrona nodded curtly, "Your form is gaudy, but you'll grow into it," she sat down across from Toros, hands on her knife of bone.

She paused, just taking a moment to read into Toros' eyes. She felt no pity. She felt no regret for taking Toros from his previous life and into hers. There was danger ahead for herself and her companions, and now this Toa she promptly plucked from the rest of the world would have to experience that same danger. But the growing pains of power called, and nobody was exempt from it. It would exchange hands soon. Blood would spill.

Her brow furrowed as she contemplated a question, "Are you afraid?" Agrona asked, "Answer honestly."

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Greisk/Cyrena

"Say no. Wait, then she'll do something horryfying to scare us. But saying yes would-"

"-Hush now." Greisk thought.

The Toa of Magnetism extended the three fingers, then gestured to his surroundings.

He hesitated for another second. He finally decided to close his fingers into a fist and gestured to Echelon and Agrona.

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC: Mahluk, in the Drifts

The Matoran stared for a second at this friendly traveler. Who was he? Why was he here? Why did he want to help such a peculiar person in a peculiar place? So many questions raced through his head. He tried to remember . . . a name. What was it? He stuttered and stammered before finally answering.

"I . . . am Mahluk. Onu-Matoran."

IC: (Icha)

"Nice to meet you, Mahluk, and welcome to Ko-Koro."

He gestured behind himself. "We should head back to the village. I can only hold back the blizzard for so long."

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Greisk/Cyrena

Agrona nodded, "I understand," she shifted to a more comfortable position, "You are afraid of Echelon and I." Agrona and Toros looked up at Echelon to see him gesture to the Hapaka's test.

"After you."

She turned back to Toros, slender face as warm as a summers day, "You have some cause for fear, Toros." Agrona paused for a moment, "But so long as you obey my command, not I nor the other members of our party will harm you. Do you understand?"

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

"Good. Then we are agreed."

Agrona moved to sit cross legged, glancing at Rorg who shared a look of complete and utter indifference. She turned back to Toros and made a flat palm and put up her finger. The finger quickly passed the palm and became two fingers, 'Agrona.'

"My name is Agrona."

She signed again, 'Agrona'

Agrona put two fists together bound at the wrists and gave them a shake, 'Toros'

"Your name is Toros."

And once more Agrona signed, 'Toros'

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Echelon)

As before, the two slabs of the metal door parted, sliding left and right into the walls.

The room beyond was unmistakably a laboratory. Entering, Ishi saw vats of liquid, racks of vials, and many worktables bearing strange devices of metal and glass. A spindly, spider-like apparatus, covered in lenses; an alembic above a heatstone, bubbling with what looked like tar but was the colour of blood; a glass tank attached to several white tubes, about half a metre in diameter, its contents obscured by a frosting of ice on the inside of the glass (but the hazy outline of the object within was about the size and shape of a Toa's head).

A metal chair sat in the middle of the nearest space of open floor. It was blocky and solid-looking, with the back extending all the way up past where its occupant's head would rest.

Echelon walked in behind him, detaching his staff from his back and leaning it against the wall. He indicated the chair with one hand.

"Sit down."

As the doors opened Ishi beheld the magnificence of the necromancer's aberrant laboratory.  Revulsion and wonder intermingled as he gazed at the instruments of fiendish study.  The beakers and boilers, the alembic and bunsen burners, all of the items begged for inspection from the informant.  Instead, he sat down, eyes facing the doorway until Echelon swooped down and stole Ishi's gaze.  

"Alright," Ishi said with determination.  "What's next?"