BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Dayeth

A scheme was swiftly forming in Dayeth's mind. The Makuta worshipper must be part of Legacy, so he may prove a useful ally, but if she could just get her hands on that staff... she might not need him. She was a little too distracted to really think through her plan. Blood loss was starting to make her a little dizzy; she didn't have to fake that anymore.

And that stupid crab wouldn't stop staring at her...

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Verulas pulled himself up carefully, knowing that one wrong move meant certain death. He had one leg over the platform before he heard the sound of the metal straining to support his weight. Uh oh.

His foot propelled himself further into the tunnel as the metal beneath him gave way and disappeared into the darkness. He picked himself up, gasping for air as he laughed before stumbling further down the path. He eventually came across an area that was relatively safe, not to mention that it wasn't covered in filth from the city above, and decided to sit down for a moment of rest. His eyes closed for only a second while he wiped the sweat from his face, but when they opened again they found themselves staring down the shaft of a spear held by an unusually buff Ko-Matoran. Standing to his right was a male Toa of Sonics armed with a very intimidating war-hammer and a Pakari as a somewhat attractive female Vortixx with two Patero Launchers graced his left flank.

And Verulas thought he was sneaky.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC: Silo, there's no way for Mortem to actually know that Dayeth is anything but what she acts. :P Secondly, I noted your description of Mortem as being controlled, or otherwise otherworldly; you likely already know, but just to be safe, I must reiterate that any such event must be approved by staff. 

IC:

As the battle only continued to escalate outside, Krayzikk longed to let loose and join the fray. When Mortem had struck, he very nearly had done just that, only the potential for friendly fire staying his hand. Now, the colossal being shifted in place, itching for a good brawl. That had been his plan, he'd said as much to Kellin, but the hospital, it seemed, was already a target.

And he would not allow his friends to come to harm.

So the Titan took a few steps forward, eyeing the newcomers piercingly, seeking even a sign of threat. The armored being towered over those present, hand placed carefully on the handle of his weapon. The Vortixx was currently incapacitated; the look, and low growl, that Krayzikk sent him could only mean 'Don't.' Best not to let him get ideas. Others of the arrivals seemed to be allies, but given the chaos outside, he was mistrustful of everyone. Blue eyes noted all apparent details, formulating ways to deal with any potential threat.

The hospital would not fall. He would ensure it.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-koro hospital)

Dahkapa looked at the strangers for a moment, before saying "Greetings, Kellin, I am Dahkapa, a Toa of Ice. I found this poor Ta-matoran on the streets. She is injured and needs medical attention." He glanced at the vortixx, and wondered how he had managed to attack the hospital that was so far away from the battlegrounds. It was even stranger that a matoran had managed to defeat him.. but where did the iron spikes come from? "Kellin, did someone help you to fight against this vortixx?" he asked while stroking his chin thoughtfully.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Yeh." Kellin said, leaning against Cancer's carapace nonchalantly. "Friendly neighborhood Toa of Iron chained him up good for us. Was actually the guy that ended up leading him here in the first place, so after that I'd say he's evened things out again." the crafty De-Matoran explained, making a note of Jalkron's helpfulness specifically for Riaril's benefit.

You can charge me all you want, but it wasn't the guy's fault.

He eyed Dayeth in a sidelong way, expression unreadable. "Yeah, she does look pretty banged up. They'll keep an eye on her here." he said after a short pause.

Something about her he didn't like. Something felt fake.

It could just be suspicion of any new face, given that adrenaline was running high, and he'd just been in a battle...

But he didn't like the way the very same crab who'd saved his life countless times over the years was practically looking through her. Granted, Cancer was also suspicious of his alarm clock (not that he'd screwed with it or anything totally)...

Well. Just be careful, then.

helo frens

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro hospital)

A tall, muscular Toa walked closer to them. Dahkapa hadn't seen him earlier. This man seemed to be a Warrior with a big W. He had multiple weapons strapped to his belts, a large morning star being the most notable one. Dahkapa raised his hand in a greeting and said "It is good to see an another Toa here. Are you the Toa of Iron Kellin was talking about?"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "This is a restricted area," growled the Matoran as a frown morphed itself across his powerless Hau. "You're trespassing. Who are you and what are you doing here?"

"The name's Verulas," he said as he touched the blade of the spear and moved it slowly away from his face. "I'm what you'd call a "privateer," and I was hoping the Ko-Koro guard was willing to pay for an extra set of hands to help defend their city."

"Pfft. Mercenaries," the Toa of Sonics scoffed as he turned his head for a moment. "Only running into the fray when they smell money."

"That still doesn't explain what you're doing in my tunnels," the Matoran said, clearly in charge of the other two.

Verulas laughed.

"Have you been to the gate lately? Total warzone. I get paid for risking my hide, and try not to risk my hide to get paid. And while we're on the subject of "your tunnels," Verulas said before pausing. "You should seriously consider bringing an exterminator down through here. Have you seen the size of the rats?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

OOC:  whew, that was a lot of reading.  On we go...

IC: Ropurungui, Ko-Koro Citadel (battle against Nightfall)

My concentration breaks to pain.  He, the toa with the strange mask, has entered my mind by some unknown power and subjugated my will.  Without thought my left hand rises, grasps at my forehead.  This is a new experience, and it is nearly blinding.  Needless to say the ploy of drawing my enemies into space, or at least delaying their advance, has failed.  The powers of gravity once at my control go haywire: throwing, tossing, tugging, bossing, and then return to normal.  I would pause and try again, but the migraine hurts too much.  Following the guards' examples I stumble backwards toward the door only to see the mountain of snow and chiseled ice descending upon my comrades and I, threatening to bury us.  

"NOT TODAY!"  I bellow, and thrust Kraknash forward at the falling debris.  My element pulses outward and bats the danger aside, but it is only temporary, and soon the rain of snow and ice begins.  It falls everywhere.  From small pebbles of rocky ice to monstrous boulders the ground booms with their impact.

The headache again.  

I turn, dancing like a drunk avoiding raindrops.  He looks smug, complete in his mastery over my mind.  Our eyes lock, and then something happens I cannot recall.  I go dark.

OOC:  Migraine to unconsciousness.  That Komau man...

Edited by Kughii

IC: Brontes pulled his heavy cloak tight around his frame, the Toa was irritated by the cold weather of Ko-Wahi, so unlike the tropics he had come from.

His contractor had never appeared, the sly onu-matoran he had met and been hired by could've easily seen the fighting in Ko-Koro and have ran, looking back on it Brontes felt he should've done the same. The simple bounty job and it's meager pay would've been ignored in an instant... had he eaten in the several days leading up to their meeting.

"I suppose starving beats out being frozen and starving..." He thought bitterly as he adjusted again, trying at once to move and warm his freezing joints and stay hidden. He had been in an alcove across from the Ko-Koro hospital for several hours, having worked his way to it through the war torn streets. He had no idea whom was fighting whom, or for why. And as of now he was content to observe the situation and keep his head down.

OOC: Open for interaction, he's not as good as staying hidden as he thinks he is

...but close to it

IC: Jalkron watches the toa of gravity fall. His eyes narrow, and the end of his staff elongates, becoming thicker and wider until it is a war hammer nearly as tall as Jalkron himself. He creates a piece of metal that extends from the roof of the building he is on, then, silent as a breeze, jumps off the roof behind the toa's attacker, swinging his hammer over around and aiming to hit the side of his torso, with only the wind whistling past him to give him away.

Edited by Vestak

OOC after thinking about this hard and polishing off the tombstone...

IC Ira

"Okay, that wasn't very smaaa a a a a r t..."

*thud*

Ira wasn't lucid enough to notice the incoming crossbow bolts, many of which were on target.

"Ko-Koro... Place... Where I... End... Glory... To... Ak'rei... An... Echelon..."

He didn't know whether he would be waking up again or not.

OOC in other news, help is coming

IC Londar

With growing speed, the Fe-Matoran mercenary sped towards the doors of the Citadel. It was part of his job after all; he couldn't just ignore an explosion of that size in the vicinity of the town's most important building. He had intended to rush right in but stopped after almost crashing into another group of fighters (Greisk, Arabeth, and Revekk), opting to slowly circle around them instead. He couldn't just go around breaking up fights after all; what if somewhere important needed help?

IC: "Those little darlings are specially bred to protect this area from intruders," the Vortixx drawled, staring deeply into Verulas' eyes. "Intruders like you."

He couldn't tell which disgusted him more; the rats themselves, the fact that the Ko-Koro Guard had been breeding them, or the Vortixx's apparent fondness for them... It was about time for him to leave.

"Well, it was nice chatting with you folks, but I should probably be getting out of your hair. I wouldn't want to distract you from guarding this... lovely... underground... paradise now, so if you'll be ever so kind to point me to the nearest exit-"

"How do we know that he's not with the other psychos attacking the city? We can't just let him by us," the Toa of Sonics said to his companions.

"Old boom-box makes a mighty-fine point," the Vortixx said, never taking her eyes off of him as she rested a clawed hand on her hip. "We can put him in a holding cell until someone comes by to take him to the ciy prison. They can sort this mess out there."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC:

I frowned, withdrawing my sword from where it had bitten into the Ta-Toa's shield. He was holding up remarkably well, though I was starting to tire of attacking somebody who seemed bound and determined to imitate a turtle. However, I did have a solution to that problem. As I withdrew my blade, and Gevenne began to channel energy into his shield, I switched around to the mordhau position again.

Here, I would use the hilt of my sword much as I would use the head of my lochaber. The crossguard would be the hook, though instead of pulling a horseman from his steed, I would be pulling a shield away from it's wielder - or I would be pulling this Ta-Toa over. And then I would jab forwards with the pommel of my weapon, striking this Toa on the bridge of the nose, and then I would hit him again with the crossguard of my sword, in the temple, hard enough to knock him unconscious.

There were multiple ways that this sequence of events could go wrong, of course, but that would depend entirely upon the Ta-Toa's ability to evade or block my attacks, and by now I wasn't sure how well he would do at that. Hopefully he would just submit so that I could get on with my business.

IC: Gevenne caught the attack on his shield once more, but as soon as he felt the resistance of Karnakie's tug, he caught on and met it with an explosion of his own, yanking the shield and sword back with every fiber of his body. The tug was a powerful, earth-crushing thing, starting from the feet as he veritably forced them into the ground, continuing up his entire body as every muscle group fired off in tandem, with only one goal in mind.

No. You get over HERE.

The pull, practiced and powerful thanks to years of heavy, HEAVY deadlifts, was accompanied soon after by a stern headbutt.

Gevenne was here to bang.

helo frens

IC: Dayeth 

While the two Toa spoke, Dayeth looked towards the chained Vortixx, turning her head so that only he could see the subtle wink she gave. One Makuta worshiper to another, it was a silent promise of aid. The only problem was the two Toa. There was no way Dayeth could take them down by herself, even if she wasn't already injured and disoriented. "Sorry to interrupt," she turned back to the two Toa, "but I really need some medical attention." 

Once her injury was dealt with, she would work on coming up with a plan for freeing the Vortixx and then helping Makuta's faithful win this battle. If she could take the patients in the hopsital as hostages somehow, then she could bully the defenders into surrendering.

But first things first... "My leg, please..."

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"I'm not a Toa of Iron." The Titan paused a short distance behind Kellin, giving Cancer a questioning look, before his hed swiveled to regard the speaker. "Not one at all, last I looked in the mirror."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

OOC: Krayzikk: Mortem doesn't really have any otherwordly powers, but he is insane and  a slight split personality, meaning that when this part of him takes control, he can feel "possessed" by his other half. I was doing it mainly for effect, but I will retcon it if you want me to.

As for the eye-contact thing, your probably right.

Also, is the "gravity well" still affecting this area?

IC: (Mortem)

The vortixx was suprised as he saw the wink from Dayeth, but didn't show it. His hand was damaged, but not completely useless (he could just about move his fingers, but not grip anything tightly) but his other hand was fine. As soon as he was free, he would use his cloak to fade into the background.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC: The weather was not going to be abating anytime soon, Brontes knew he needed shelter and food. He had watched people enter the hospital for several minutes now and knew going in and introducing himself was likely the best course of action. He didn't want to admit it, but the troubles of the Koro were not something he could ignore as a Toa and garnered his sympathy.

"The hospital and those defending the city look to have food at least. I could always steal some and escape if this battle were to escalate any further..." he thought as he removed himself from hiding and entered the hospital lobby, looking for whomever was in charge of defense, and more importantly, food.

...but close to it

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro hospital)

"Ah, excuse me for my mistake" Dahkapa said to the tall, grey warrior.  A couple of matoran suddenly appeared from the hospital doors, and they were carrying a stretcher. They put the Ta-matoran on them, and wrapped the leg wound in cloth after Dahkapa turned the ice in it into dusty snow that melted quickly. Then they carried her into the hospital. Dahkapa turned to look at the warrior again and asked "May I know your name?"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: A cell? Really? Verulas did not like the sound of that one bit.

Time for Plan B.

Seriously doubting that they would turn around if he pointed behind them and yelled, "Hey, look! A Makuta worshipper," he created a mist-bomb plant and crushed it in his hand. He used the distraction to kick the spear from the Matoran's grasp and rolled away from the blinded guards before standing up in an attempt to run past them, A blindly-fired Patero round grazed his left shoulder as he moved, ducking down a side corridor and narrowly avoiding a wall of sound that was boosted in power due to the structure of the tunnel walls. He concentrated on activating his mask, muffling his footsteps so the other Toa would have a somewhat difficult time following him as he continued ducking through side passages before eventually stopping for a breather. He noticed that the tunnel he was in was a dead end, and was about to curse his luck when he saw a metal ladder that led up to a surface hatch built into the wall on his right.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Brontes first saw several ko-matoran carrying an injured ta-matoran on a stretcher, following their path he saw the group from outside the hospital that had originally brought the ta-matoran in. He noted the white and blue toa speaking, he was obviously a local and, he assumed, in charge or in a position of authority. Brontes decided he would be the best to speak with and made his way over, being sure to keep distance between the chained vortixx and the two intimidating figures that seemed to be restraining him.

Not wanting to interrupt the aforementioned giant's conversation, he stood several meters from the group and waited to address the white toa.

...but close to it

IC: Kimala - Near Gevenne

"Oh." He was being attacked by an invisible enemy. One that seemed to be having difficulty with him. She wasn't totally sure she was needed in this situation, but she was determined to be of use in some way. Making an educated guess as to the location of the invisible assailant's leg was, she created a crystal shackle she hoped would hold him- her?- in place, or at least hamper their movement. "Need a hand?" she asked, drawing one of her tomahawks.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Finally, a way out of this maze.

Verulas leaped up the rungs before struggling to open the hatch. He managed to get a glimpse of Ko-Koran architecture as he felt the wind hit his face, but try as he might, it would not swing all the way out. He began to hear the echoing voices of the guards he had just escaped, but he couldn't tell if they were actually coming his way or not due to the acoustics of the chamber. Verulas tried pushing harder, knowing that they would find him sooner or later, and he would be stuck in a cell throughout the rest of the battle if he didn't get out of there right now.

Ugh... What the Karz is on this thing?!

An Ussal Crab?!

OOC: Your call if you want to have Verulas hanging out around the hospital, Uncle Chael.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

The blade cut across his legs, slicing his boots and thighs. The blood, gushed out, only to be frozen seconds after leaving the wound. The pain became excruciating, as Larikon felt his wounds freeze semi-closed. His mind was growing strange, becoming ever more disoriented by the chill. The snow began to pile upon his knees, and grow steadily upward. But as a result of the elemental powers of the guards shifting towards the group by the gate, he found he could see slightly more.

He would not freeze, he would live. Ak'rei'an had his side, his god was his fire, the fire that would not be snuffed out by the frost, the fire in his soul.

"And Ak'rei'an said unto his followers, I shall purge the snow that freezes thy wheat, as I shalt be your Torchbearer, to bring unto the land light and warmth, where Mata Nui haste brought only darkness and frost!"

Through his chattering, he said those words, the words from which he took his name. It was the verse where Ak'rei'an told the Matoran, ravaged by the cruel frosts of Mata Nui, that he'd give them eternal spring, eternal summer. That they would not have their crops fail, that they would have not their livestock freeze, that they would live in light. Guided by the Torch of knowledge, the Torch of Ak'rei'an. With his sword in hand, he charged at Icha, ready to kill the heathen, the heathen who worshipped that cruel spirit and fought for him.

IC: (Rakona/The Storm)

She swerved with the crack of the Crossbow, the bolt impacted her shoulder, leaving a gash in its wake. Rakona winced with the pain, but knew she had to carry on. The heathen would die. Her breath came out a cloud, as she painfully raised the whip, and brought it down upon the Guard. It was weaker than the last blow, but with the whipblades being of Protosteel, it would still hurt.

IC: (Thentyle/The Gate)

Thentyle could barely see. But from the glimpses he had of it before, the gate was to the front of him. Crouching to the ground, he formed an earthen shield around him, almost a bubble. Aside from a hole for him to attempt to see, the earth covered him, and shielded him from the windchill. It would give partial insulation as well, keeping the scant amount of warmth he had in him safe, at the least until he could get the gate. Slowly he walked, maintaining concentration to both find the gate, and to keep the bubble intact.

The front side the bubble impacting something told him that he'd found the walls. It was a barrel, obscured by the white-out conditions, but yet partially visible. Waddling to the side, he could hear the crossbows firing, the dull thumps just under the howling of the wind.

"Jaaku, are you a popsicle or what?"

They'd both have to rig the explosives, with surplus mining fuses from the Darkmine era. Thentyle and Jaaku carried them both. Upon inspections, they worked fine, though it would be difficult to tie them in this weather.

IC: (Weiss/The Storm)

Weiss regretted he didn't bring a heavier coat. He was crouched in the hastily dug snow pit (To call it a trench would be an insult to trenches). The crossbow bolts whizzed over his head, and the sound of the Kane-Ra approaching was alarming. He kept his glaive to his side, and figured if anyone came near the knight, he'd be able to skewer one of the beasts.

He shivered with the cold.

IC: (Goran)

He didn't need more wounds to hide. Being undead, the cold wasn't killing Goran per se, but was making him lethargic, and his body stiff. That was the part that bothered his simpler mind. The crossbow bolt lodged in his thigh didn't help matters whatsoever. Having no body heat, he kept a ray of heat over himself, to help keep his body mobile. His mind and ears, however, were quite unaffected, giving him a far better awareness of the battlefield.

He couldn't see worth a darn, nonetheless.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

OOC: Right, first IC post!  Here we go...

IC: Joskander had been expecting plenty of snow when he heard the region's name was Ko-Wahi; the name made it pretty self-evident.  What he wasn't expecting was the amount.  Snowdrifts too thick to wade through even with his Kakama, ice sheets a kio wide, storms that froze up his joints and made it impossible to see more than a couple meters ahead...  The past couple days of wandering hadn't been a fun time.

The miniature war he’d stumbled upon didn’t look too enjoyable either, what with the screaming and the brawling and even more snow and oh dear Mata Nui those are Kane-Ra aren’t they.  Wonderful.  Yes, he was a Toa, sworn to protect the innocent and all that, but he was not planning on joining a melee of that magnitude- at least, not without a bit of rest and a warm cup of tea or something beforehand.

Clearing his throat, he called out, “Hey, guys!  You’re, uh, you’re kinda standing right in front of the gates and stuff, and, uh, I’d kinda like to get through!  Like, I’ve been dealing with the snow for a while now and I really wanna get inside and have a drink or something, just, y’know, rest up for a bit, so if you wouldn’t mind…?”

OOC: And there we go.  Joskander open for bludgeoning!  ...interaction.  I mean interaction.  Yeah.  Or just reactions in general, really.  (notice me senpai~)

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

OOC: Important parts bolded, if you just want to skim through.

IC: (Kane-Ra Riders)

It was beginning to become so cold in Ko-Koro, the Toa of ice were feeling chilled. Though for the most part, their powers were directed at their opponents, the sheer frost which they emitted was spilling over. Fortunately, as the environment was hospitable to temperature, it required less energy due to the need to retain rather than generate. As far as the Brotherhood, any normal being would have frozen solid by now. Perhaps the power of Ak'rei'an was actually at work here. None-the-less, things were finally looking good for the Sanctum Guard. One of their number, Ira, had gone down, it seemed, and was likely dead or near-dead. Their leader had sustained significant gashes to his legs and was fighting just to survive. Another member had been shot with a crossbow to the shoulder, where major arteries were located, and would likely be bleeding profusely. But the battle wasn't over- no, not even close. There was still a real chance that the Brotherhood could overtake them.

Icha fought on. Larikon wasn't going anywhere with slashed hamstrings- the simple act of straightening or bending his legs would be unimaginably painful. The Sanctum Guard lieutenant hardly had to activate his mask to dodge the charging Torchbearer. With a sidestep, he avoided the Brotherhood leader completely, lunging away with no small degree of ease. He zipped back behind him again, this time choosing to go for a shot to render him unconscious. Coating his sword in a thick sheet of ice and, at the blinding speed his mask allowed, swung the makeshift club at the back of Larikon's head in an attempt to bludgeon him to unconsciousness.

With a broken rib, the rider going toe-to-toe with Rakona would not be so untouchable in combat. The whip struck her like lightning, its blades tearing through her armor and straight into her flesh. Try as she might, she was simply in too much pain to hold on to the reigns. She fell from her steed hard, landing on her back with a thud in the ice, crossbow sliding out of her hands. She quickly realized that her time was soon coming to an end as her opponent rose above her. Fear crept in her very soul, spreading as quickly as the cold around her. She had not the resolve nor courage of many of her fellow officers, and it began to show now, as she backed up against her Kane-Ra bull and wrapped her arms around its leg, terrified of the cultist whose grace she was at the mercy of. As lifeblood drained from Rakona's shoulder at a rate that would alarm a sane mind, her opponent could scarcely accept her fate. Practically muted by fear, she stuttered out a single word: "P-please..."

Meanwhile, the Toa who had formerly been focusing on Ira, satisfied with his kill, rode off to assist in the continued defense of the gates. He quickly spotted Weiss executing a rather foolish plan. The cultist had dug himself into the ice. With a wave of his hand, the Toa caused excessive snow and ice to pile on top of him, burying him immediately. Not only did this render him immobile, it also increased the degree to which frostbite was setting in, and how quickly. It was hard to pity poor Weiss, however- he had practically sealed his fate.

Following this, the same rider turned around and charged straight for the blinded Goran, aiming to simply trample him under the hooves of the formidable Kane-Ra bull. This left thirteen Toa riding around, keeping the environment cold, one charging for Goran, one preparing for death at Rakona's hand, one facing Karemo, five dead, and Icha. One of the remaining thirteen separated from the group, heading to intercept Joskander before one of the cultists did.

"You need to get out!" he said, shouting at the top of his lungs, "the city is under attack! Help us, or run as fast as you can."

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Joskander blinked at the bull-riding Toa.  "Um, uh, uh, er," he stammered.  "I mean, um.  Yeah.  I- I kinda get that.  Um.  Yeah.  Er, stupid question- you and your buddies are good guys, right?  Protect the Matoran, defend the innocent, be pillars of morality and justice and all that?  Like, I'm kinda new here, so... yeah."

OOC: Just to clarify- yeah, Joskander has pretty much no idea what he's doing at the moment.  That's normal for him.  :P

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

OOC: Uh, Spoilers, Karnakie isn't invisible at all. You'd do well to check back at some of the earlier posts.

IC:

I had, it seemed, a resourceful opponent, for once in my life. As well as a Toa of Crystal who didn't seem to know what she was getting in to, but that was beside the point. I released the sword, rather than be pulled over - it wasn't even my primary weapon, let alone the sword I had brought with me from my homeland; I didn't feel too badly about giving it up, especially in this instance. Besides, the Toa of Fire could use something else to fight with. As one crystalline shackle started to form itself about one of my two legs, I drew my lochaber, swinging it down and smashing the crystal with the head of my weapon, the shards crinkling against the armor on my legs and falling to the snow.

Then I took the smallest of moments to be sure of the state of my enemies. One was still on the ground, after attempting to pull me over and initiate an impromptu wrestling match, the other was withdrawing a much smaller axe than mine and was likely surprised by the ease with which I had shattered her hastily-created shackle - really, you can't expect proper results with such a quick and unfocused usage. Lightning-fast, I stepped away from Gevenne, swinging the head of my lochaber out to trip the Toa of Crystal with the hook on the back of it - and should she dodge, I could then step forward and spear her with the head of it, or continue my swing on into Gevenne, based on the angle of my attack. She would have few options for herself that would protect her newest ally as well, and I intended to end this fight as quickly as possible - which, it seemed more and more likely, would involve the split skull of at least one Toa and another lying unconscious nearby.

Edited by The Otter

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

The guard locked in combat with Karemo willed the ice shards to dissipate to mere snowflakes, hardly even biting at her skin when they hit. In turn, she constructed ice pillars to come shooting out of the ground at great speed to knock him out the air. This was not her entire plan, however: as he was dodging the pillars, he would likely have to focus on these. At the same time (not without great will and concentration) she managed to split her focus to cause a large sphere of hard ice to fly in his direction.

IC (Karemo): Karemo rose over the first two pillars as they erupted from the ground, but the third caught him a glancing blow to his left shoulder, and he tumbled from the air, plunging into a deep drift of snow. He surfaced, spluttering as he spat ice from his mouth and feeling the deep cold that had settled over the area. When he had been flying high over the two armies, he had been beyond the influence of the Ko-toas' manipulations, only entering it for short periods and moving through and out the other side. Now that he had been forced to slow down, he began shivvering uncontrolably, even after a few short seconds.

He had to admit, this she-toa in the guard was proving a worthy opponent, displaying incredible power and fortitude. She had taken a massive blow to the chest, and he was pretty sure that he had felt ribs crack under his hammer, but she was still throwing up walls of ice, huge pillars and spheres with every pass he made, even performing multiple uses of elemental power simultaneously. If things had been different, she could have been a powerful servant of Makuta, but as things were, there was no chance to convert her. She just had to die.

She would be running low on elemental power after all of that, not to mention her participation in creating the huge ice bridge over the gate and dropping the area's temperature along with the other ko-toa in the group. Karemo, meanwhile, had used very little of his own elemental power so far, mostly relying on his mask and antidermis. Maybe it was time to change that.

Standing firm on the icy ground, he created a large sheet of metal in front of himself, a bio square but thin with razor-sharp edges. Lifting it into the air with elemental power, he sent it flying towards at the toa, spinning thouhg the air like a giant, lethal frisbee.

IC (Kitano): Seeing his brother fall out of the air, Kitano abandoned control of Icha's former mount and instead focused on the bull carrying the toa who was fighting Karemo. He commanded the bull to freeze in place, buying the other Legacy member a bit more time and the opportunity to aim at a stationary target.

ppg2.png

OOC: Oh, mah bad!

IC: Kimala

Well, that didn't work. She'd have to go with something sturdier next time. This one was quick on his feet, and his weapon was bigger. With only one tomahawk, she wouldn't have enough handle to get the leverage required to overpower him in axe-on-axe combat, even with her strength. He attacked, going for her legs while the suddenly less heroic-looking Toa of Fire was down. She could dodge it, try to block it with crystal, jump over it... 

Or none of the above.

Unable to keep a trace of a smile from touching her mask, she activated her Matatu, telekinetically grabbing the bladed head of his lochaber, and forcing its head into the snow, stopping or at least slowing it to a crawl. Reaching for her other tomahawk, she swung the first at him, the dense crystal blade arcing towards his arm. Impair first, ask questions later.

OOC: I swear on my honor I thought of using telekinesis before I read Karnakie's strategy.

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Revekk (Citadel)

...or so Greisk thought. Although I had indeed fallen over, I had followed his example and used my own sword to secure myself. Following that, I grabbed my next throwing disk and threw it at Greisk's hand at the right angle to adjust for the gravity pull.

The disk would knock either his hand or the sword loose, and he would still be down while I could get back up.

IC: Greisk/Cyrena, Arabeth - [Outside the Citadel]

Greisk twisted and threw his second baton, directing it towards the disk. The two objects bounced off each other on impact.

The stick flew towards Arabeth. On an impulse, she grabbed it out of the air.

Greisk was concentrating and using his magnetic powers to pull Revekk's legs from under him.

Arabeth took the chance and concentrated hard, forcing electrical charges into the baton in her hand. She flung it at Greisk, hoping it would strike him and electrocute him. Greisk turned around too late.

The charged stick struck him. The electrical current generated by the potential difference between the point of impact and Greisk's right hand grabbing the sword, led to a conducting path to the earth.

"Arrggh!" Cyrena screamed telepathically.

Greisk would have screamed, except he was muted. Dazed, he pulled the sword out as he slid across the floor to the gravity well. He did his best to stab into the ice floor, but only managed to make a half-stable hold.

IC: Agrona

As the gravity field fell, Agrona spun down around Echelon's torso, landing smoothly into a brisk step. With her hand still raised, the buzzing in her head began to grow and a buzzing outside her head as well. She began to hum a pitch to contrast the atonal drone. Her cloak lifted off the ground, and from the contours of her armor, they came forth.

At the command of her song, insects poured out her armor and cloth and into a vast swarm. The cloud shifted and swirled rapidly, agitated and singing their own terrible song. At the change of her tuning, they shifted, and the hundreds of bugs began flying towards Revekk.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

Normally, I would have fought against the usage of telekinesis - or any other sort of force - on my blade, and most times in the past I had had success in doing so. In this case, however, I saw no need to fight against it - indeed, it would aid my strategy greatly. As my blade came to a stop, resting on the icy stone of the Koro's street, it was positioned perfectly for me to simply alter the angle of my body in order to catch this female Toa's ankle in the hook, and trip her up.

Then I was given the perfect reason to change the angle of my body, in relation to her, without it seeming like I was expressly going for another attack. She swung her tomahawk at me, and I sidestepped, dodging the attack, and before she could make a return strike I yanked backwards, hard, the hook on my lochaber's head implacably coming forwards to trip this insolent Toa. There was no conceivable way she could dodge this attack.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Raz and House, if you haven't already, I think you can have the Dark Magnetism wear off now. ;)

IC (Echelon)

As the Toa of Gravity faltered and fell, Echelon allowed himself a moment of respite. He'd had to inflict another couple of mental blasts on Ropurungui to bring him down, and the intense mental effort involved (especially with his relative inexperience with the Komau) was in danger of causing painful neural feedback.

He watched Kohra's handiwork in bringing down the rubble with cold satisfaction, even as Karnakie engaged two Toa with ease and Agrona unleashed a swarm of insects from her person. He had built this team well.

And now, it seemed, the tide of the fight seemed to be moving in their favour. The defenders on the steps, already disorganised, would likely be destabilised by the loss of the Toa of Gravity. Agrona and her pet should make short work of the Lesterin, and Karnakie (perhaps with Eisen's assistance) would be able to best the two Toa of Fire and Crystal. Kohra was engaging the Toa with the Patero.

Remaining, however, were a good handful of Sanctum Guards behind the defending group, armed with Patero and sending the occasional salvo whistling past. Rorg had downed a couple of them with his rifle, but they looked to be the main obstacle between them and the Citadel doors.

Patero were an interesting development in Mata Nuian native technology, and Echelon had wasted no time in acquiring a couple of specimens shortly after their invention a couple of months ago. Having disassembled the devices and studied their inner workings, he had deduced that certain components in the mechanism could be jammed, rendering the weapon useless. This had been an interesting discovery, but largely academic to the Dark Toa since the parts in question were not metallic and he thus had no power over them.

Dark Magnetism had changed a lot of things.

One by one, as the Guardsmen arose over their cover to fire at the attacking Nightfall, Echelon summoned his powers to make their Patero's internals stick in place and jam.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Finally, a way out of this maze.

Verulas leaped up the rungs before struggling to open the hatch. He managed to get a glimpse of Ko-Koran architecture as he felt the wind hit his face, but try as he might, it would not swing all the way out. He began to hear the echoing voices of the guards he had just escaped, but he couldn't tell if they were actually coming his way or not due to the acoustics of the chamber. Verulas tried pushing harder, knowing that they would find him sooner or later, and he would be stuck in a cell throughout the rest of the battle if he didn't get out of there right now.

Ugh... What the Karz is on this thing?!

An Ussal Crab?!

OOC: Your call if you want to have Verulas hanging out around the hospital, Uncle Chael.

IC: (Mortem)

The chained vortixx stared at Verulas as he appeared.

If looks could kill, Mortem would be a mass-murderer. In fact, even if looks couldn't kill, Mortem would be a mass-murderer.

Kathok

IC: Kimala

She cursed herself as soon as she realized what he was doing. Of course he would try and trip her, his axe was in the perfect position to do so! She really should have thought that far ahead. Well, if she'd had time to at least.

Resigning herself to his attack, she allowed her legs to be swept out from under her. But before she hit the ground, two posts of crystal rose from the snow to meet her hands, using these to lever herself, she swung a leg up, aiming to plant her foot firmly in his jaw. Her other foot shortly found itself back in the snow, stabilizing her. 

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

... Or it would, had she (Kimala) not been suddenly targeted by an unseen force aimed to hurl her back.

Freed from the Ba-Toa's gravity well, Eisen had done much as Echelon had predicted; he found the least favorable point in their offense, and moved to rectify the situation. Though Karnakie was skilled enough to handle both, two opponents against one ally was not a preferable situation. Noting Kimala's movements, he took the most logical course of action; activating his Crast. 

With a few more steps, the darkly armored Toa reached his larger companion's side, sword and shield held in a position of loose preparedness. Green eyes swept the scene, noting the Ta-Toa's newfound freedom from his former restraints and the apparently telekinetic Toa of Crystal. Without looking towards the being next to him, he brought his weapons to bear.

"Which one would you prefer, Karnak?"

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Dayeth.

"Will I be alright?" Dayeth asked weakly (she didn't even really have to fake it anymore; she was the verge of passing out). 

"Of course." one of the stretcher-bearers said as they helped haul Dayeth into the hospital, but they didn't sound too certain. Dayeth was a very good liar, one of the best, so she knew when someone else was lying to her. It was her own stupid fault anyway for acting prematurely. But still, it had gotten her into the hospital, so that was a start. The hard part was coming up with a plan to use her position here to ensure a Nightfall victory. 

But first she had to know if she would be still be able to walk when the day was through.