BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Brontes looked over the door, it was sturdy and the locking mechanism well made. He did not think even a blow from the Ice Toa's warhammer would budge it as it were.

Part of his training had involved learning the properties and characteristics of protosteel and all it's alloys. He could tell this door was made from a variant with low conduction. If he used enough elemental energy he would be able to melt the locking mechanism and open the door. He explained this to Dahkapa and the guards, telling them his power would be slightly drained for a short while.

"I won't be responsible for repair costs either." He joked before approaching the door.

He placed his hands on the handle of one door, connected to the lock within. He then began to channel his electrical energies into it, though they could not see it, the internal device quickly became white-hot and pliable, it had required a large amount of energy to do it, but it seemed to have worked. He and one of the guards threw their weight into the door and it opened with a loud metallic crash. "Sorry about that, hopefully our cover wasn't just blown..."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

OOC: Kablooey!

IC: (Thentyle/Ko-Koro Gates)

It had been a lethargic task, rigging the fuses. He heard the whirl of crossbow bolts through the wind, them impaling upon the thick wood of the gates. Some charges were to the sides of the gate, but most of the powder lay upon the foot of the gate. It was planned to be enough to blow up the Amaja Nui, so he had faith it could destroy the gates of Onu-Koro. Going to the foot of the gate, he could almost feel his breath freezing as it left his mouth. The fuses were built for mining, tough and reliable. Testing proved it beforehand. It would, he hoped, work in the weather. The black match fuse was cotton, imbued deeply with stralix powder. 

Crouching to the ground, Thentyle struck the storm match. Coddling the flame, he put it to the fuse, and monitored it for a second. Fast it flew from his hand, speeding through the wind. "GO! GO FROM THE WALL!!" he cried into the air, seeing, the flame go ever-closer to the barrels. He ran, fleeing fast to the left side. Diving to the ground, he used his powers to cover himself in an earthen cocoon, and hardened it. It, he prayed to Ak'rei'an, would save his ears, and save his body.

IC: (Rakona/The Storm)

"You shall learn to love Ak'rei'an, heathen," Rakona said in reply. Taking her whip, she raised it, and brought it again down on the heathen, three times in all. The first put the guard out of her misery, but the other two Rakona took out of anger. At this time, she noticed the wound in her shoulder, and how it bled more. Reaching down, she ripped strips of cloth quickly from the Guardwoman's uniform. Wrapping it over the wound, it would stem the bloodflow temporarily.

Looking around for other riders, she crouched down, to make herself hidden. The loss of blood. coupled with the cold, was making her light-headed. Rakona began to think of plans, to sneak behind the heathens, break their formation from behind. It would work, she thought, Ak'rei'an was on her side. Yes, he was. While her eyes scanned the area to the front of her, she heard an enormous sound, as if the earth was cracking below her. Loud enough that even at this distance, her ears buzzed. Powerful enough so that she felt the first wisp of warm air she'd felt since leaving Po-Wahi. They had taken down the gate. She needed to leave.

IC: (Goran/The Storm)

Goran, being closer to the gates than Rakona, felt it, and as he was rushing backwards to escape the Kane-Ra, saw it firsthand. The explosives detonated first below, and triggered the explosives along the gate. Goran and presumably the Kane-Ra rider were thrown back, Goran dove into the snow, hands above his head, to try and resist the explosion. The heat came down, he felt along his back, with projectiles of wood flying outward.

The explosion wracked the gate, as none in the storm saw firsthand. It was reduced to pieces, with the stout wood of a hundred trees reduced to splinters and ash. A pair of Sanctum Guards, stationed upon the top, were the only casualties of the blast itself, reduced to gears and bloody bits. To those within the city itself, it said to them that the city was open. Open to the cruelty of the Brotherhood, and the forces of Darkness. That the imposing gate that defended them for countless millennia was no more.   

IC: (Weiss)

Weiss prayed to Ak'rei'an he'd be able to escape unseen. Using his powers over gravity, he concentrated over the blinding snow. He was going to propel himself out. Out of the pile of ice and snow, he rose his body out of the snow, with a tremendous amount of concentration. It took a while to force himself through, only to have himself hurled down into it again, he heard a great crack, and felt the earth and snow around him shudder empathetically in reaction.

So Weiss chose to attempt in again.

IC: (Larikon Torchbearer)

Icha's club came upon the back of the Grandmaster's helm, and brought him to the ground. Ak'rei'an would not let him die, he knew, as he struggled to hold onto consciousness. The pain was intense, so was the cold, but his Archangel would save him, let him return unto the battle upon this crusade they were undertaking. It was his destiny. As it seemed Icha was going for another blow, his prayer was answered. An explosion, a crack through the wind, like the voice of holy vengeance upon the heathens. They had brought down the gate of Ko-Koro. That he realized, upon going unconscious. They had done it. They had pierced the heathen's cold skin, finally. He let out two small words. 

"Lutrez sic."     

OOC: Note, Jaaku and whoever else is in the vicinity will have a chance to escape, it taking a little while to detonate.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC: (Mortem/Ko-Koro Hospital)

The mighty sound of a great explosion filled the air in the hospital, and Mortem knew that the forces of darkness had destroyed the gate to the koro. Plaster fell from the ceiling as the shockwave passed.

The others around him obviously realised what had happened as well: many were holding their heads in their hands, but more still were rushing out to try aand stop the troops that would surely be pouring into the village that very moment.

Mortem smiled. The room was in chaos, medics trying to get the injured to safety, and everyone generally milling around like headless rahkshi. A lump of ceiling loostened by the shockwave fell to the ground, and beings poured out of the door to assist in the fighting, inadvertently letting in a stream of snow.

Through the confusion, he caught the eye of Dayeth, and nodded towards his staff, which was leaning against the wall at her end of the room.

Kathok

IC: Dahkapa (Outside the Sanctum)

"Good job", he said to Brontes and patted him on the shoulder. "Now, let's get inside and see.."

Suddenly, the earth was shaken and a loud explosion could be heard in the distance. "What was that?" he said nervously. This couldn't be good. Soon, a black and grey pillar of smoke rose to the sky, and it seemed to be coming from the main gate. He tried his best to remain calm, and considered his next move. "Brontes, I think the main gate might've been breached. One of my friends is there, and he might be in danger. Will you come with me?" Meanwhile the guards had already entered the Sanctum, ready to ambush the attackers.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

When the Toa of Crystal let her knee fall out from under her, pitching forwards - towards me, incidentally, whom she had already been moving closer towards before that - I saw my chance to properly end this fight. It was perfect - she might as well have been giving her life up to me. When she began to pitch forwards I lunged forwards more than I had been, giving much more strength and speed to my attack. Sure, she might try to grab it and divert its course, but there was little chance of that being successful at all, either with her hands - as she seemed to be trying - or with her mask.

No, it would take a feat of extreme strength or acrobatics - or, move likely, an act of her Great Spirit - to prevent the butt spike of my weapon from piercing her lung, or another major organ in the general area, such as the heart, or a little lower her liver and stomach and bowels.

OOC: I'm not going to outright state that Karnakie kills Kimala, because you might still find a way out of this, but I can't honestly see any realistic way out of this myself.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: No it wasn't. It was still very safely in the hands of one Kellin Santos, and it didn't go unnoticed by him, either.

"What exactly do you think you're nodding at, buddy? Your friends finally get past the gate?" He asked, casually sending a boot across the delusional Vortixx's face. "We're a bit further from there than ya think. Not mention in the wrong direction."

"So Krayz," he began, looking up to the Titan. "Should we start setting up for evac? Laying down traps? What do you need me to do?" he asked, deadly serious.

helo frens

IC; Verulas heard the far off blast, assuming that the gate had been breached. Perfect. Way to protect your city, guys.

"Well, it seems that this evening's entertainment has finally arrived," he mused nonchalantly. "Might as well start calling the place Makutaropolis... Or Evil-R-Us... Or something else otherwise menacing... Maybe if they start putting skulls up on spikes and displayed them along the outer walls, they could get away with calling themselves Boneheads of Ko-Koro Mountain...? No, that would just be really dumb..."

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Grunting, Joskander forced himself upright, glaring in the direction of the explosion that had knocked him off his feet.  Evidently, the main gate had been blown- which meant there was no more time to waste wondering what to do.  Elemental energy gathered in his palm, and with a flick of his armored wrist he sent a torrent of wind thundering across the battlefield.

OOC: Right, Joskander's not really aiming for anyone in particular here, just trying to toss anyone who hadn't been on a Kane-Ra around a bit while they're still dazed from the explosion or whatever.  Helps that he's still not entirely sure of the situation.

Edited by Endless Sea (still alive)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC:

The movement was unexpected, if only for how insane it was; when their shields connected, the Fe-Toa took a step backwards. Not because he was unable to meet his enemy head on, but because of the attack he knew would inevitably follow. No sooner did he do so, Gevenne, as predicted, took a swipe at his calves. The attack was of little concern; Eisen had been advancing in a plow guard, dropping the tip of his blade into something reminiscent of the fool's guard to block the attack was of little consequence. 

From this position, with Gevenne's blade occupied and little room between them, there were a few potential options. The simplest, and most effective, would be to activate his Crast again; the resulting throw, at this range, would most likely knock him unconscious on impact.

However, the purpose of this exercise was not just to win; it was to win so harshly as to destroy their morale. The simplest option, in this case, would not be sufficient to break their will. As such, nearly the instant it connected, the Fe-Toa flicked his blade away, reaching for his element; a spike of iron shot forth from the ground, coming from behind Gevenne and to his right, aimed at his lower back. He was quite specific in this intent; in order to evade, the Ta-Toa would have to either move forward (implausible, due to the shield-lock), back (which would force him up against the Citadel wall) or to the left, which would require the use of his wounded leg. Using the limb would slow him down, at least, and exacerbate the wound if he was lucky. 

IC: Gevenne was, as Eisen predicted, forced to the left, and let out a pained grunt as he did so. Not one to let a little thing like pain discourage him, for one never got gains without pains, he flashed his mask bright again.

This, if even for a moment, would distract him from the pommel to the head.

Which was followed by a shield bash to the gut.

Which in turn was accompanied by a stream of fire from behind, angled much the same as Eisen's spike.

A three-pronged attack. Tough cookies for anyone

helo frens

IC: Zomma

The gates were open. ###### fantastic.

They were also full of crazies.

Not ###### fantastic.

And that Skakdi guy from before is nearby. Man, I could totally pop a cap in his ###### like right now.

I point my gun towards his rear.

Boom.

Edited by Onarax

IC: Dahkapa (Outside the Sanctum)

"Good job", he said to Brontes and patted him on the shoulder. "Now, let's get inside and see.."

Suddenly, the earth was shaken and a loud explosion could be heard in the distance. "What was that?" he said nervously. This couldn't be good. Soon, a black and grey pillar of smoke rose to the sky, and it seemed to be coming from the main gate. He tried his best to remain calm, and considered his next move. "Brontes, I think the main gate might've been breached. One of my friends is there, and he might be in danger. Will you come with me?" Meanwhile the guards had already entered the Sanctum, ready to ambush the attackers.

OoC: Can I play as the NPC leader of the guards, or would that be against the rules?

Also, color is not working, will fix later

IC: "Yes, let's get moving." With that, Brontes and Dahkapa began running for the gates, Brontes was able to keep up with the Ko-Toa better this time, their previous walk to the Sanctum familiarizing him with the city's layout. Anxiety knawed at his stomach as the column of smoke grew closer, just a few streets away now.

...but close to it

IC: Brontes came to a stop near the edge of a building, the front of which faced the now ruined gate.

He stuck his head around the corner, in time to see a green Vortixx firing at a white Skakdi. Having never seen any of their kind not aligned to some less than favorable master, he ducked back around the building, content to listen to their exchange for a moment.

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

"Yes it was."

Not that I need to waste any more breath on this guy. He's already starting to get pretty boring. And I have better things to do. Like getting the outta dodge.

Without warning, I disappear from his sight, already moving elsewhere. It looks like I'll probably have to help the defence then. Man, this is is so complicated now.

Right. One threat to the establishment is gone. Or whatever. I look at my pistol. One bullet left before I can reload. Hate reloading. It's time wasting. The battle's getting closer though. Really need to meet up with the other defenders right now. I start moving away from the Skakdi in the direction of the Citadel. Heard there were folks there fighting.

IC: "What an odd fight." Brontes thought to himself as he watched the Vortixx move deeper into the koro.

The Skakdi appeared to be dead, from his angle he looked to have been shot in the head. Not one to miss an opportunity, Brontes moved in, intending to loot whatever he could off the Skakdi's corpse.

...but close to it

IC: (Weiss)

The gate was open, he needed to get out of this storm, go into the city. The Grandmaster would be there, and they'd be easier able to fight off these bloody Kane-Ra riders in an urban area. Bursting outward, he ran out, running towards the area he figured the gate was. He stepped on something, something warm. The snow-covered Toa felt such to be strange. He looked downward, it was Sir Zekev, bleeding.

"Sir Zekev, what happened?" he thought he had a medical kit tucked in his old coat. Crouching down, he inspected the Skakdi.

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC (Destroyed gate area)

"Karz, they just keep coming, don't they?" Brontes thought as the tall purple and black Toa moved in to help the fallen Skakdi.

Unlike the Skakdi and Vortixx, Brontes' gut told him this new arrival was most definitely an enemy. And he had a powerful air about him. He saw the Skakdi stir, surprisingly, he must still be alive. They didn't seem to have noticed him yet, and with the Skakdi wounded, this might be his only chance to strike. He began to charge his electrical energy in his free right hand, readying a bolt for the dark Toa.

OOC: Referring to Weiss and Zekev here.

...but close to it

IC: Kimala

That decided did not work. Her hands grasped the shaft, but with his quick reaction she had absolutely no leverage. Her heart skipped a beat and adrenaline rushed through her as she well and truly panicked. Desperate, she twisted herself. The spike glanced off her chest armor, sparing her lung, but slid down rather than sideways as she would have hoped. Tears sprung in her eyes as the tip punctured her skin and the tissue beneath. She grit her teeth, biting back a scream as blood sprang up from the wound.

Stupid moronic idiot. That's what happens when you fight too unpredictably. The pain spread through her lower body. Nothing incredibly vital was damaged. With medical attention she could pull through. If she got medical attention. But now, staring death in the face, she didn't feel fear as she had thought she would. Instead, pure burning rage filled her eyes. All of it directed at herself.

Weak. Weak. Weak.

She'd thrown herself in this fight to help and protect people. She was a Toa, a warrior. Had all her years spent teaching made her soft?

Weak. Weak.

She'd spent her whole life trying to be strong, and now, when it actually mattered, she not only got critically injured and possibly killed, but got herself done in by someone who didn't even have any powers

Weak!

The sheer humiliation was the source of her rage. Her opponent had fought without mercy but she had fought without honor. And she had still. Lost.

"GRRRAAAAAH!" she screamed. With a burst of adrenaline, she gripped the shaft tightly and yanked it out, pushing at him with her mask, anything to get him away from her. Another flash of pain. More anger. More weakness. More dishonor. Rage. Weak. Useless. Humiliation.

As soon as the weapon was clear of the wound, she sealed it up with crystal, a crystal which quickly spread over her body, taking advantage of the second she had bought herself. She retreated within a cocoon of crystal. As she felt the pain sapping at her consciousness, she used all her power to thicken and harden her protection, hoping whoever she had fought wouldn't think her worth any further effort. 

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC; "So," Verulas said, still talking to the Ussal Crab. "Have you decided on wether or not you were going to introduce me to the rest of the gang out here, or do I have to go over and start being friendly myself?"

OOC: Verulas has been talking to Cancer for the last 3-4 posts.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro gates)

"Brontes, what are you doing?" he asked when the short Toa walked to the seemingly dead Skakdi. Suddenly, someone appeared from behind a corner, and stumbled on the Skakdi. "Sir Zekev, what happened?", he said. Brontes started to charge up an electric bolt, and Dahkapa immediately ran closer to him. "Brontes, what are you doing again? Do you know if he is friend or foe?"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Arabeth, Greisk/Cyrena - [Outside the Citadel]

The Vo-Toa pulled her sword out of the wall (gravity well being shut off and all) and blasted a bolt of electricity at Revekk's direction. hopefully the insects would die, but Revekk would receive a nasty shock. Still, better than dying.

IC: Revekk (Citadel Steps)

A flash of pain, so strong it stood out from the many small ones, rushed through me. For a moment I thought I was done for, but soon after my sight began to clear. Blinking through the weakened cloud of flyers around me, I felt the omnipresent pain recede, and I could breathe again.

My sword, I had dropped it. As I picked it up, I realized the insects had not given up or dispersed, but I could ignore them now.

My old opponent had been engaged by the Toa, so I turned towards my kinswoman, Agrona.

I took one step towards her, but then my foot brushed against something on the floor, something discarded.

It was a cloak, a cloak like the one my people used when in mourning over lost loved ones. I had worn one myself for a time.

Suddenly I understood how this group had made it into the Koro, I looked back at the Bo-Lesterin, newfound righteous anger in my eyes.

"How dare you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Zomma - Citadel Steps

Ko-koro's bigger than I thought. I am never running that ###### far again. Ever. But it's worth it if I want to get outta this ###### alive. Me mum always said that I'd have to persevere if any ###### was to be done. She was pretty right in that regard. That running got some rewards for me as well, even though I'm huffing and puffing like that ###### Iron Mahi thing. There's a lotta ###### on the steps. No idea who's a defender or not. Fortunately none of them have seen me. Just hiding behind a nearby rock.

######, this is more difficult than I thought.

Edited by Onarax

OOC: Will all of you good guys go away so I can get back to being evil? Please!

IC: Dayeth.

In the confusion following the explosion, Dayeth saw the Vortixx nod towards his weapon. But it was still in the hands of one of the defenders, and there were still others nearby. Now was not yet the time to strike. She gently shook her head at Mortem; now was not the time. 

She sat up, testing her leg. The pain was bearable, she could walk now.

Now was not the time, but soon...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro gates)

"Brontes, what are you doing?" he asked when the short Toa walked to the seemingly dead Skakdi. Suddenly, someone appeared from behind a corner, and stumbled on the Skakdi. "Sir Zekev, what happened?", he said. Brontes started to charge up an electric bolt, and Dahkapa immediately ran closer to him. "Brontes, what are you doing again? Do you know if he is friend or foe?"

IC Ko-Koro Gates

"Call it a gut instinct, but yes, I believe he is our enemy." Brontes did realize he had acted overly quick, and let the energies in his hand reduce to a small crackling orb, only enough to stun an unexpecting target, not kill. "You are right that I was hasty though, perhaps we should try to talk to them."

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: (Weiss)

He had a roll of gauze on him. Older gauze, yes, but clean. His medical supplies weren't much, a small bottle of rubbing alcohol, gauze, painkilling herbs and some bandages. Most of the Brothers had gotten a small amount of the main Brotherhood stock. Whether they were focused enough to use them, Weiss didn't know. His fellows could get distracted, to put it lightly. Taking the bandages, he crouched down, dropped a small dose of alcohol onto Zekev's wound, and began to wrap the bandage tightly, to stave off bleeding.

"Come, Sir Zekev, we need to get up and go into the city, we'll be able to get out of this cold," Weiss said, looking suspiciously around him. "Take a pinch of the herbs, they will cut down the pain a tad." 

IC: (Mortem/Ko-koro hospital)

A few minutes had past since the explosion, and Mortem had seen no other beings from the forces of darkness in the hospital, save Dayeth.

It didn't matter - when the village was secured, the defenders and the injured in the hospital would be killed, and he would be freed. All he had to do was wait.

Kathok

IC:

It didn't take long for Jaaku to make his way to where Larikon was currently beset by the leader of the Kane-Ra riding guards of Ko-Koro, and where Larikon was falling to unconsciousness, Jaaku was still spry and fresh and young, his own arming sword in one hand, a buckler in the other, explosive charges no longer present on his person, and he was ready to start using his element to levitate Larikon away and tend to the leader of the Brotherhood.

First, though, he would have to deal with Icha. Jaaku reached out with his element, momentarily staying Icha's ice-coated blade from causing Larikon further damage, and then began to speak.

"I trust you can recognize that this fight is finished," he called to Icha. "Now let me retreat with this man and you can go back to defending your Koro. Deal?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now