BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Oh god there go my ribs fuaaark

As he rebounded from the astounding impact-- he was pretty sure it broke like everything that was attached to but wasn't his spine-- it was only his planting of the stolen sword in the ground that stopped his fall, as, through the sheer agony that the simple exertion wrought, he clung to it, like an elder would a cane.

This was bad. He couldn't breathe without experiencing a living karz, his energy was spent, he was seeing about three more Eisens than he was supposed to-- It was obvious to anyone involved that Gevenne was in no shape to be anything but "on a stretcher".

And yet here he was, dimly staring down the swordsman as he heard what his speech would probably sound like underwater.

And here, of all times, when he'd think his bravado gone, let alone anyone else--

He began to laugh. Uncontrollable, pained laughs, ones that only found the humor in the absurdity of the situation.

"You kidding me, bro?" he asked, visibly cringing with every syllable as his lungs and ribcage made dispute with eachother.

"Always drama queens..." he spat, staining the show a deep red. "Do none of you people talk normally?"

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC: Joskander beamed, clasping his hands.  "Ooh, gotcha," he said.  "I'll just, uh, help from a distance if you need me, then.  Is that okay?  :)"

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

OOC: Silo;

So, to elaborate on a few things, it's not that Mortem himself can be seen. But a stealth cloak doesn't extend to where he's been. In the snow, every movement causes a disturbance. Footprints, a roll pattern, all of it produces a very clear pattern that, when observed, makes it obvious where someone has been, even if you can't see them. Secondly; it's not possible for Mortem to have accomplished as much as he did in the time it would have taken his opponent to react.

The BZPRPG is a bit like a turn based RPG; there's a limited amount you can do in a single post, barring certain circumstances. Mortem, in that one, evaded an attack, sent one of his own back, freed himself, and moved away from his position. From its start to the end of its firing is easily thirty seconds, and the post overall probably took a minute and a half. That's a lot of time.

You're not in trouble; but these are things you'll eventually learn. :P As a result, Krayzikk's actions here will commence concurrently with that post, and due to their effect, may very well change it.

IC:

Mortem's evasion brougt him away just barely fast enough, and upon ceasing his movement, he fired at the Titan-

Only to find that he was no longer there. The moment that his weapon failed to connect with the Vortixx (obvious due to the lack of customary impact), the large being had activated his Kanohi, carrying him forward to just past the obvious depression his opponent was currently inhabiting in the snow. Which, left Mortem in a very inconvenient position; his arm was extended in an attempt to alter the angle of a now useless attack, which meant that, in order to roll, he would need to move it beforehand. Not something he had time to do.

As the head of the morning star fell for the second time, a sword primed to deal with the implausibility that it failed to connect, Mortem had a mere moment to realize that he had nowhere to run.

OOC: Mortem's feet are bound, and his arm is extended; rolling in time is impossible. Bringing the weapon to bear is much the same. If the weapon connects, it will not kill him; but he won't really be in any shape to do much of anything, given the fact that he's already been through the wringer once, and he's going to be sans quite a few intact ribs and will likely have internal damage. 

IC:

"Yes." The Fe-Toa replied, for once with visible amusement, advancing steadily. His shield was still primed in his left hand, but he was quite sure he wouldn't need it now. "Echelon doesn't. But, for our purpose here, grandiosity is necessary. Showing off, I suppose."

He stopped a foot away, looking down at his slumped foe. 

"You're spirited. You won't die here. But you can lie down yourself, and have a chance at living, or I'll put you down, and that chance will be much smaller."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

OOC: Really sorry if I was playing unfairly  :(

As for the invisibility, I agree that the trail to where Mortem is was obvious, but what I was trying to say in the post was that it doesn't work like a huna: you can't see exactly where he is standing, because it literally blurs the being in with the background. This has the disadvantage of making him not quite invisible, but has the advantage of meaning that you can't actually see where he is standing exactly.

I guess I didn't make that very clear in my post, so I'll go with what your saying for now...

IC: (Mortem)

As his finger pushed down on the button of the staff and he fired the shot, he realised that his enemy was no longer there...

A second too late, the vortixx realised what was happening, and had only begun to turn when he was knocked almost a three feet backwards by the force of the spiked sphere to his side.

OOC: btw, Mortem still fired that shot even if Titan wasn't there anymore, so it will hit the wall of the hospital, which is already partially shattered by the previous shot.

Kathok

IC: With a mighty heave, Gevenne looked Eisen in the eye and pushed off the sword, shakily rising to his full height.

"Well, if you want showing off," he smirked, "I'm your man. Bring it, brah. You know what they say..."

He stepped his injured leg out a little wider, and let go of the blade.
Slowly, deliberately, painfully, he he lifted his arms and head skyward, one flexing into a bicep curl, the other slightly bent with one finger pointing to the sky.

"Get ripped..."

He hurt everywhere. It was like thousands of needles stabbing into every square inch of his body. His breathing was short, labored, his skin pale. His balance was barely there, as he fought with all his might to not sway and fall.

And the smile had still not left his face.

"Or die mirin'."

helo frens

IC: Dayeth

Lying unconscious, bound in wood, outside the Ko-Koro hospital, Dayeth had a wonderful dream.

In her dream, she ripped out a certain Matoran's throat with her teeth, before cooking and eating his irritating pet crab. And the plant-life mercenary was there as well, been buried alive and crushed to a very painful death under a lifetime's supply of widgets....

Her subconscious seethed like a writhing snake, awaiting the moment when Dayeth would awake from this poison-induced slumber, to wreak her revenge upon hr new enemies. Her retribution would be swift, and severe...

At least, in her dreams it was. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Kane-Ra Riders)

Failure. All that was left was rubble where once the gates had stood. Each combatant, Guard or Brethren, knew that the fight was over. The riders could no longer waste time defending the entrance to the city: now, they had to defend the city itself.

With a single movement, the lieutenant froze Lutrez's head solid, rendering him immobile, but just as he did, Icha felt Jaaku's elemental grasp on his blade, and with a look that mixed horror, anger, and a hint of despair, slowly began lowering it. "He's wounded. His hamstrings are slashed, he likely won't be able to walk for a few weeks, assuming a full recovery. He's also likely concussed from massive head trauma and freezing like the rest of you. If I was a soldier of Ta-, or maybe Onu-Koro, I could continue this fight. But I am not... So I will say this once. Take him, and get the heIl out of here."

With that, he activated his mask and sped off, jumping on top of one of his fallen comrade's steeds. "Fall back!" he shouted to the survivors. Immediately, the group of about fourteen turned tail and rode back into the city.

OOC: I realize this is missing some things, but honestly, the battle is well over with. This is just to get the fight as a whole moving forward. Please portray any wounds your character took as realistically as possible.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC (Kohra):

The Vortixx eyed Sukot coldly, her left hand raised and clawed fingers tense, ready to move against the Toa again, while her crossbow was still recharging. But Sukot seemed quite occupied with his own wounds. She calculated. It would take him a few moments to dress his wounds and he was on the ground. She could move on. He wasn't an obstacle right now and they still needed to get inside the sanctum, which now only had a handful of guards standing in her way.

The Matoran raised their Patero launchers, but they found their mechanism jammed, courtesy of Echelon. They weren't stupid though and immediately their hands reached for their melee weapons. Kohra sprung into action, charging at them. The first guard wielding a spear was telekinetically shoved back against the sanctum door. He impacted the icy wall hard, groaning in pain, before Kohra's force yanked him to the side and into the snow. The next one came at her with a sword, closing the distance between them while she stepped back to change to a defensive stance. But the Matoran was fast and well-trained, managing to cut the skin of her lower left arm, drawing blood. The cut was painful, but not critical. At the same time though, she heard running feet behind her. The other Sanctum guard was not going to let her comrade face the Vortixx alone and came upon her from behind, wielding a ball-headed war club.

Ganging up. Smart.

Her mind raced through her options. Defending high risked getting hit by the club, which if wielded correctly - and the sanctum guards did - would shatter bones. So instead, the Vortixx dropped low, catching herself in a quasi push-up postion, gritting her teeth as her wounded shoulder protested, while also twisting to swipe the legs from under the standing guard with her own while the other guard overshot her, missing her strike and stumbling down the steps. The standing Matoran, bereft of his footing, started to fall. As he did, her right arm, which had provided the momentum needed for the leg-swiping, came round and hit him in the side of the head in mid-air. Two guards down. 

The Vortixx came to a rest facing upwards, torso propped up by her elbows. She was about to get up when she was suddenly faced with the tip of a sacntum-guard spear. The Matoran who'd missed her attack had grabbed it from her fallen ally and was now shoving it against her throat, eyes glaring. 

"..."

"Come on. Do it." Kohra taunted, glaring back. 

"No. Yield." the guard replied, her voice like the ice surrounding them. An idealist, Kohra realized. She gave her a chance to just be arrested insteaf of killed. Maybe this was a future Toa she was dealing with? The Matoran exuded that same disgusting aura.

Kohra felt the cold, sharpened steel against her skin. Then, she mentally reached out with her power, seizing a fist-sized pieces of ice from the rubble left by the towers collapse. The next moment, it came flying in from the side, hitting the Matoran against the temple. Her eyes widened in surprise, then she slumped sideways knocked out.

The Vortixx jumped back to her feet and moved towards the sanctum door. Once again she called upon her power, feeling the door and the mechanism used to keep it shut. It was too massive for a simple lock. But there was a locking-mechanism, that much she could feel: iron bars, driven from one door wing into slots built into the other by gears. Solid protosteel it seemed, rather secure. The villages had indeed upgraded their defenses heavily since Makuta had been defeated - credit where credit was due. But now that she had an idea of how the sanctum entrance worked, she could deal with it. Concentrating, she began turning her hands against the ice, as if turning a handle. A shudder ran through the door as the gears inside followed the telekinetic command, starting to turn. A metallic sound echoed inside the sanctum as the door was opened. All it took now was a push.

Her crossbow had recharged enough for a scatter-shot, and Kohra kept it trained on the entrance. The opening sanctum had not gone unnoticed by her allies. 

"After you, Echelon."

OOC: Open Sesame. 

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC (Karemo): Karemo rose over the first two pillars as they erupted from the ground, but the third caught him a glancing blow to his left shoulder, and he tumbled from the air, plunging into a deep drift of snow. He surfaced, spluttering as he spat ice from his mouth and feeling the deep cold that had settled over the area. When he had been flying high over the two armies, he had been beyond the influence of the Ko-toas' manipulations, only entering it for short periods and moving through and out the other side. Now that he had been forced to slow down, he began shivvering uncontrolably, even after a few short seconds.

He had to admit, this she-toa in the guard was proving a worthy opponent, displaying incredible power and fortitude. She had taken a massive blow to the chest, and he was pretty sure that he had felt ribs crack under his hammer, but she was still throwing up walls of ice, huge pillars and spheres with every pass he made, even performing multiple uses of elemental power simultaneously. If things had been different, she could have been a powerful servant of Makuta, but as things were, there was no chance to convert her. She just had to die.

She would be running low on elemental power after all of that, not to mention her participation in creating the huge ice bridge over the gate and dropping the area's temperature along with the other ko-toa in the group. Karemo, meanwhile, had used very little of his own elemental power so far, mostly relying on his mask and antidermis. Maybe it was time to change that.

Standing firm on the icy ground, he created a large sheet of metal in front of himself, a bio square but thin with razor-sharp edges. Lifting it into the air with elemental power, he sent it flying towards at the toa, spinning thouhg the air like a giant, lethal frisbee.

IC (Kitano): Seeing his brother fall out of the air, Kitano abandoned control of Icha's former mount and instead focused on the bull carrying the toa who was fighting Karemo. He commanded the bull to freeze in place, buying the other Legacy member a bit more time and the opportunity to aim at a stationary target.

Failure. All that was left was rubble where once the gates had stood. Each combatant, Guard or Brethren, knew that the fight was over. The riders could no longer waste time defending the entrance to the city: now, they had to defend the city itself.

With a single movement, the lieutenant froze Lutrez's head solid, rendering him immobile, but just as he did, Icha felt Jaaku's elemental grasp on his blade, and with a look that mixed horror, anger, and a hint of despair, slowly began lowering it. "He's wounded. His hamstrings are slashed, he likely won't be able to walk for a few weeks, assuming a full recovery. He's also likely concussed from massive head trauma and freezing like the rest of you. If I was a soldier of Ta-, or maybe Onu-Koro, I could continue this fight. But I am not... So I will say this once. Take him, and get the heIl out of here."

With that, he activated his mask and sped off, jumping on top of one of his fallen comrade's steeds. "Fall back!" he shouted to the survivors. Immediately, the group of about fourteen turned tail and rode back into the city.

OOC: I realize this is missing some things, but honestly, the battle is well over with. This is just to get the fight as a whole moving forward. Please portray any wounds your character took as realistically as possible.

IC: When the riders retreated, there was one left behind - the one whose mount Kitano had frozen. A large square of metal was still flying towards its rider.

ppg2.png

OOC I will have to go back and make some revisions to my last Londar post due to not knowing Ko-Koro's layout

IC Londar

The bridge had been broken. Londar looked across the chasm to the other side, where a battle raged. There was a side bridge... There! Running for the left side bridge, he took note of the combatants, his gaze briefly resting on what looked like a walking bouquet before scanning the others. Seeing one of the fighters-a Vortixx with a feathered arm and crossbow, opening the doors, he accelerated, attempting to close the distance and block her efforts, while keeping tabs don't the others. After all, could she be up to anything but ill?

OOC: That's understandable, Silo. I was just writing that way due to lack of info concerning the missing story bits. And Nato, that dream sequence was pretty funny, so props for that.

IC: Verulas, upon hearing the shots coming from the Vortixx's staff, spun around in time to see a blast impact an already weakened wall of the hospital. Fortunately, instead of exploding into rubble, the wall buckled in on itself and threatened to bring down a portion of the roof, allowing him enough time to do something incredibly awesome or incredibly stupid (he hadn't yet decided which).
He threw himself to the ground, the vines emerging from his hands worming their way through snow and the cold earth below before erupting once more as large, intertwining trees that both stabilised the colapsing roof and blocked up the newly created opening in the building. A nervous laugh escaped from his throat as he gasped for air, his little stunt tiring him out a bit more than he realised.
"That... was a little too close...," he panted.
  • Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

"Very well."

The Fe-Toa replied simply, bringing his blade to bear. He wasn't in any particular rush; Gevenne couldn't fight back, and the Ta-Toa knew it. He shakily held his pose as his foe began his swing, his final act of defiance. The dark Toa had to give him credit; even in the face of his own demise, his opponent never wavered. The sword sang through the air, flashing darkly in Ko-Koro's dying light, arcing towards its final destination-

But the cut never came. 

A moment before impact, the blade twisted and pulled back, causing it to impact with the flat at a fraction of its previous force. Despite its reduction, it was more than enough. The muscled being swayed a moment, then dropped hard, laying in a crumpled heap on the ground. Eisen didn't bother checking his vitals; he was out, and he didn't really care if the Ta-Toa lived. If he was still alive, then one of the refugees would probably cart him away. A chance at survival; that was his reward for his tenacity.

He plucked his stolen sword from the ground, he would return it to Karnakie in a moment, and pivoted to face and advance towards the Sanctum.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

I looked down at the woman who I had just defeated. I was somewhat disappointed - not that I hadn't killed her, but that she would rather cover up and wait for help or death, rather than fight against the night with the same fury I had seen in dying Toa before, those who refused to go quietly into the night. I sighed, and turned away. The threat was neutralized...the wound wouldn't be immediately lethal, but unless somebody was to come and aid her soon, I doubted she would live.

Though I doubted also that somebody wouldn't help her.

I cleaned off the butt spike of my axe with some snow, and kicked the Toa of Crystal's tomahawks back towards where she lay, encased in adamant; then I turned, making my way to the Sanctum which had just been breached. The crystal phial in my pocket jingled as I walked, trying to entice me to partake of its contents now.

Not yet. Soon, but not yet.

I quickly fell into place next to Eisen, accepting my sword graciously from the Toa of Iron, before turning back to Gevenne. "I take it we aren't giving Agrona a Naming Day present today?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Derlath

For the first time since their meeting, Derlath smiled.

"I understand, Colonel Rahkslayer. In times like these, it is important. That said... I would like to request something from you."

IC: "Speak what you will, Highlander. Free communication is your prerogative."

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

OOC: @ Vezok's friend and ghosthands

IC: Jalkron realized that Rorg's shot had disrupted his jump, he was going to land too far from Echelon to hit him. So he tucked and rolled, absorbing his staff to keep it from getting in the way. He comes up out of the roll, already forming his staff again. Jalkron creates a block of metal, about 1 foot cubed, above Echelon's head. He quickly looks around at the others in front of the sanctum. One is facing the door with a look of concentration on her face. Jalkron reaches out with his control over metal and finds that the lock is opening. He quickly warps the gears and mechanisms, bringing them to a screeching halt. Hoping he is still unnoticed, Jalkron changes his staff into a hammer and approaches the Vortixx stealthily.

IC: Agrona

Agrona's swarm of insects were struck by lightening, killing a substantial number of them. She continued to sing, rising in pitch in vibrato. The insects matched the sounds she made, biting more furiously, searching for open pores.

She briefly paused, as the flurry of bugs dispersed a little ways, granting her sight to the Lesterin before her. Agrona looked him in the eyes. To the defender, the flower-queen cooed, "Will you bow to your lords?"

She tilted her head, humming, making the insects dance happily about the air, "Or does your hopeless code of honor bound you to your death on this day? Choose your words wisely my darling, for what you speak will carry great consequence."

OOC:
Please, anybody let me know if I've missed something!

Edited by Palm

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

OOC: @Vestak: Just so you know, you did a lot of consecutive things in that post. Also, it would have been better to sort out the issue of the bullet with Eyru (delilah) before continuing to post as Jalkron. Don't worry, everybody makes mistakes and especially when they're new to the game, but because of that somewhat unfair play I'm going to make a couple of 'autohits' and control Jalkron's responses a little. Don't worry, he won't be harmed ;)

IC (Echelon)

Everything was proceeding as hoped. The obstacle that had been the defenders' valiant efforts was crumbling, as one by one their numbers thinned.

Echelon's attention was drawn away from the combat on the steps as he heard Rorg's rifle fire and a bullet thud into something surprisingly close by. The Dark Toa turned just in time to see Jalkron tumble to the ground, rolling and forming a staff of metal in his hands.

Fe-Toa. Excellent.

The Toa of Iron created a block of metal above his head, evidently intended to crush him, and rushed off to stop Kohra opening the gate.

Or at least, he would have, had Echelon not effortlessly stopped the block's fall with a wave of his hand, and redirected it to fall harmlessly to the ground nearby.

His merciless gaze rested on Jalkron's back as the latter ran towards the Sanctum doors. The Toa of Iron suddenly found his legs running uselessly in thin air, as shadows flickered across his limbs and body. Dark Magnetism was at work, pushing against metal and flesh alike, lifting him into the air.

Echelon rotated his hand (such mnemonic gestures were technically not necessary, but they served to focus the mind, not to mention enhance the display of power) and in turn, Jalkron's levitated form turned around to face him.

Jalkron would soon realise how seriously he had underestimated the erstwhile Necromancer.

Echelon released his magnetic hold on the Toa, who dropped to the ground, landing in a sloppier crouch than he'd have liked thanks to the injury from Rorg's bullet. Still, he recovered quickly, and prepared to strike at the Dark Toa with his powers—but it was at that moment that Echelon activated his Komau.

Jalkron was suddenly aware of a foreign presence in his head: a cold, invasive intelligence that tore into his very mind. With this intrusion into his psyche, his concentration on the outside world was instantly broken and he staggered forward, hands clasped around his skull in a futile attempt to protect himself.

A voice spoke inside his head. Had he heard Echelon's voice before, he would have recognised it as—but this voice was darker, deeper and more terrifying than any mortal voice. It seemed to come from all around him and at the same time from within him. He was surrounded by it.

You have failed.

Jalkron managed to raise his head and open his eyes, and he met the Dark Toa's cold green eyes as they stared out from his grim, iron-grey visage.

Your defence has been broken. You cannot hold back the Nightfall.

Echelon stood tall and near-motionless as he projected (or rather, forced) his thoughts into Jalkron's head. He knew he could not make the Toa act against his morals; this was an unfortunate drawback of the prized Mask of Mind Control. He could not order the Toa to join him, nor even make him stand aside if his morals forbade it. But Echelon was more cunning than that.

Your allies are wounded. Look.

Jalkron found himself turning his head to look at the fallen defenders: the unconscious Ropurungui, the cocooned Kimala, the beaten Gevenne.

They will die if you do not help them. You cannot stop us.

Echelon prepared his last few words carefully, calling on the Komau's power to compel.

Tend to their wounds.

The Dark Toa's hold on his mind released, and Jalkron sank to his knees, breathing out in relief. Even as he did so, however, he still felt the compulsion in his mind: help them. Tend to their wounds. It's all I can do now. Echelon was right, he realised. He should help them. There was still a nagging part of his mind that cried out to stop the Dark Toa and his nefarious allies, but it was quashed. No. I have to save these people.

As the Toa of Iron busied himself sealing Gevenne's wounds, Echelon strode past him towards the Sanctum's gates unimpeded.

Compelling a Toa to save lives, he thought to himself. Oh, the irony...

Kohra had, by now, finished her work on the doors. The mechanisms were opened, the bars removed. All that remained was a little push.

"After you, Echelon," the Vortixx said smugly as he approached.

"My pleasure," he replied.

With a conductor's flourish, Echelon gestured at the doors with both hands. Shadows flared and leapt across his arms, and many more sprang to life across the surfaces of the doors like black fire.

The great gates swung open, straining against their hinges and impacting the walls to either side with a rumbling crash.

Echelon rose into the air once again, gesturing to his allies to advance. The defenders had failed, and the Sanctum was breached.

OOC: Well fought, everyone, particularly the Sanctum defenders. You were up against very powerful characters in the form of Nightfall (I hope this didn't feel too unfair), and you fought admirably—I really wasn't expecting such strong resistance! All is not lost, because now you have a chance to patch up and regroup. Ko-Koro hasn't fallen yet!

• Upvote 4

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Agrona's swarm of insects were struck by lightening, killing a substantial number of them. She continued to sing, rising in pitch in vibrato. The insects matched the sounds she made, biting more furiously, searching for open pores.

She briefly paused, as the flurry of bugs dispersed a little ways, granting her sight to the Lesterin before her. Agrona looked her in the eyes. To the defender, the flower-queen cooed, "Will you bow to your lords?"

She tilted her head, humming, making the insects dance happily about the air, "Or does your hopeless code of honor bound you to your death on this day? Choose your words wisely my darling, for what you speak will carry great consequence."

OOC:

Please, anybody let me know if I've missed something!

OOC: Only problem I can see is that Revekk's actually male =P

IC: Revekk (Citadel)

The insects dispersed for a time, under control of my kinswoman. In her arrogance she had avoided, or perhaps ignored, my remark about the cloaks

Fine, she would get her answer, and more.

"You misused the traditions of my people, our people." I said with a shaking voice, another accusatory finger pointed at the cloak on the ground.

"I don't bow to any lords, but I spit on yours."

"A Toa's duty is to all Matoran, no matter what they do" my father had always said. He had always been quick to point to the demands his duty made of him, to the reasons why he paid me so little mind. I gripped tighter on my sword as I shoved the memories into the back of my mind again, forcing myself to concentrate on the here and now.

"You call my code 'hopeless', I stopped hoping long ago. So I say give me your worst and I'll take my chances"

OOC: If only Echelon didn't just call his allies to him =P

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Londar

Londar's run slowed to a halt. If his plan had been times correctly, he would have been able to theoretically tackle the Vortixx, and if he was quick enough, sever her jugular, provided that she didn't have anything too crazy in the way of foreign tech on her person and everybody else was distracted by their own opponents. But with all of the defenders down and with tmwhat looked like the Vortixx's allies regrouped and ready to breach the Sanctum...

Londar's eyebrow raised itself, then lowered. This... Was gonna be a tough job. He slowly backed away from the Nightfall; no way he was gonna fight three toa, a Vortixx, a Skakdi, some giant brute, and what looked appeared to be a walking beehive at the same time. He'd either have to find some friends or run for the hills...

"Well, guess I'm late to the party. Heh heh heh... Heh... Heh... ..."

IC Ira

Ira lay in the snow. He could barely move. He had several holes from arrows in center mass. He was bleeding out.

OOC um, help? Body retrieval at the very least?

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC:

Jaaku nodded at Icha, before reaching out with one hand, levitating Larikon's body up just enough to keep the Grandmaster out of the snow and moving along with Jaaku, who quickly walked away with the unconscious form of the Torchbearer. Thankfully, the cold had contracted Larikon's blood vessels, slowing his bleeding down to a trickle - though Jaaku would have to work on that quickly once he was far enough away.

He passed, with his cargo, beyond the fighting and where the gate was, finding himself alone in a quiet area where he could work - he was no combat medic, able to work in such a loud and distracting environment of that of a battle. He quickly bound up the Grandmaster's various wounds, applying pressure to stop the hemorrhaging, and cleaning the area out with a heavily distilled spirit, because he doubted he could get a fire going hot enough to boil water to an acceptable temperature in this Wahi.

Once he was done with that, he broke out a container of smelling salts from his own first aid kit, activating one and releasing the gas just near Larikon's nostrils. Jaaku needed to speak with the Grandmaster.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Kimala

Three days straight of endlessly spouting profanities couldn't equal the hatred the Toa fo Crystal was feeling for herself. Through the crystal, she could see the disappointment in her opponent's eyes. The had been interest there before, if only for a brief moment during their fight, but none of it was visible as he left. She was hiding, and there was nothing admirable in that. She had her reasons, though. If Ko-Koro survived this, who would fill her shoes? Others might come, but there would always be the emptiness she'd leave behind. She had classes to teach, and now her fighting skills to polish. If she hadn't defended herself, how would she punish herself with the most strenuous training of her life?

When her opponent left her sight, she released the cage enclosing her. "Exploded" might have been a more suitable word. Shards of crystal blasted outward in every direction as she bellowed with rage again. Her fingers dug into her wound, twisting the crystal seal to send spikes of pain lancing through her. She was weak. She enlarged it slightly, stretching the damaged skin wider, bringing a groan of agony to her throat. She was useless. 

She grew herself a cane and pulled herself to her feet. Her legs shook uncertainly, but held. Her fighting skills had dulled, but she was always as tough as she had already been. She had faced worse pain. On her feet, she gripped the cane and stared at it. She needed a cane to get up, as if she wasn't already pathetic enough. With rage-fueled strength, she snapped it in half and tossed the pieces aside, then began to limp away, each step sending another stab of pain through her side. She needed to find a healer. She needed to get back to the fight, to protect her home... 

OOC: Yeah, that's not gonna happen. Kimala now headed towards the hospital.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: DerlathFor the first time since their meeting, Derlath smiled.

"I understand, Colonel Rahkslayer. In times like these, it is important. That said... I would like to request something from you."

IC: "Speak what you will, Highlander. Free communication is your prerogative."

IC: Derlath

"I have something... Very important to attend to at the moment. I will have to leave for a day or two, and no more. Once I have finished the... Errand, I will swiftly return and do my job. Whether or not the attack succeeds, Ihu-Koro will need all the help it can receive."

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main gate)

As he approached the wounded Skakdi and the Toa of gravity, Zekev's eyes started to beam a bright light at him. Luckily, the beam hit his protosteel shield which he was holding in front of him.. but he soon realized that it may have been the Skakdi's plan all along, as the shield started to glow from immense heat. Dahkapa yelped in pain, and activated his Kanohi Hau while he threw the gleaming hot shield to the snowy ground.

"You there! I would appreciate your help!" he shouted to the Toa who had appeared a few moments ago, and prepared to run towards the gravity Toa and the Skakdi. His energy shield was temporary, and he didn't want to get scorched. He was certain that Brontes would support him, but if the green Toa could attack them from behind, it would help them tremendously. Mata Nui give me strength.

OoC: Mind me playing as a NPC captain?

NPC: Captain Kallio of the Sactum Guard

It was a great relief to receive help from a Toa of Electricity, who had helped them break through the side door of the Sanctum. But that relief dissipated when he and his friend,a Toa of Ice, left. And despair replaced it when they saw what had happened inside the Sanctum.

They were too late.

The defenders had been defeated, he and his men could see from a window. The courtyard was in the hands of the enemy, who was now advancing inside the Sactum itself. Cold shivers ran down his spine when he saw the attackers. All hope was lost, and the Sanctum had fallen. The Sanctum Guard had failed at their duty.

"We have failed" he said to his men. His voice was filled with a mixture of grief, despair and disappointment. Kallio looked at his men. All but two of them were Ko-matoran,  the two others were Lesterin mercenaries. Either way, they had no hope against these attackers, who had defeated the protectors of the Sanctum itself. "Retreat. The Sanctum is lost. I must discuss about this with other officers. Now go, before they see us. They are too strong. I do not want your families to lose hope because of your pointless sacrifices. Go."

They left the Sanctum, walking on the same bridge they had used to enter. The situation was grim, but if they could regroup, they might be able to take back the Sanctum. Unless the main gate had fallen, in which case all hope would be lost.

He prayed to the Great Spirit. Only gods could help them now..

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

OOC: Only problem I can see is that Revekk's actually male =P

IC: Revekk (Citadel)

The insects dispersed for a time, under control of my kinswoman. In her arrogance she had avoided, or perhaps ignored, my remark about the cloaks

Fine, she would get her answer, and more.

"You misused the traditions of my people, our people." I said with a shaking voice, another accusatory finger pointed at the cloak on the ground.

"I don't bow to any lords, but I spit on yours."

"A Toa's duty is to all Matoran, no matter what they do" my father had always said. He had always been quick to point to the demands his duty made of him, to the reasons why he paid me so little mind. I gripped tighter on my sword as I shoved the memories into the back of my mind again, forcing myself to concentrate on the here and now.

"You call my code 'hopeless', I stopped hoping long ago. So I say give me your worst and I'll take my chances"

OOC: If only Echelon didn't just call his allies to him =P

OOC:

Fixed!

"Nobody is free of desecration," Agrona said sweetly, "Even the village of Ko-Koro is full of greed and misuse. You defend a broken system," she sighed, "Nonetheless, here we are," she hummed a few quick notes, the insects changing the way they danced, "And to clarify, I am your lord. I have no equal," she smiled before squeaking, "Step aside."

She walked forward and began to sing again, the insects swarmed onto their prey again as Agrona began scaling the steps to the Sanctum. Before any of the attackers could move to the doors to finally enter, there was a black flash from across the street.

IC: Pae

Pae, carrying Jin, shot up the stairs jumping at the top step to fly through the doors and into the Sanctum, he turned and spun as he landed inside to let down Jin and manipulate his own element. The doors slammed shut before the guard behind him could react to their entrance. Iron walls began to rise from the floor, covering the doors.

This was when things would get tricky. He had once more betrayed one of the most dangerous Toa on the island, and the betrayal wouldn't last long either. In a matter of seconds, the thick walls would be cast aside or broken away. He knew it wouldn't matter, but the gesture was what was important. The guard needed to know he and Jin were on their side.

I blew a kiss to Big Boy as Pae escorted me into the Citadel. Then the doors came to behind us, and I snapped into business mode.

"Hey, shorty," I called, addressing one of several Ko-Matoran guards. Behind me, I could hear Pae doing something-or-other to deal with Echelon and crew. The guards' faces went from suspicion to something resembling trust as they watched my partner bolster the defenses.

"Look, we don't gotta a lot of time. I know you probably don't trust me, and you shouldn't, especially not now. But you know Ambages? I'm his girl, and I need to talk to Korzaa. Where is she?"

I guessed it was fifty-fifty as to whether they'd agree or shoot me in the throat. But Pae's iron wall seemed to convince them. We were helping to keep the big bad wolf from blowing their house down, and they didn't have the luxury of getting picky over allies. So their captain nodded and pointed up at a narrow flight of stairs.

"Up on the walls. Go!"

I went.

Edited by Palm
  • Upvote 1

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC (Kohra):

The Vortixx eyed the closed doors and added two more faces to the list of walking corpses. They just didn't know it yet. 

"Gnats." she hissed softly.

She exchanged glances with her allies, a brief nod of agreement.

Two heartbeats later the entrance exploded inwards, a blast of shattered ice and warped metal.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: I did settle things with Delilah in a PM. Jalkron was shot in the arm and Rorg's gun was capped. I'm fine with your moves too, as Jalkron has almost know resistance to mental powers at the moment.

IC: As Echelon walks into the Sanctum Jalkron begins capping any wounds with metal, sealing the wounds in the only way he can. This takes only seconds, and once he is done he turns back to the dark toa. A block of metal forms behind Echelon, nearly twice as tall as he. The bottom of the slab is uneven, so it immediately begins to fall towards him. At the same time, Jalkron creates little balls of metal right where Echelon is about to step. The effort from all this tires Jalkron, and his wound begins to throb catching his attention again. He remembers that there is still a bullet in his arm, and quickly uses his power to use the metal to fix his armor.

IC: Pae

Pae was knocked back into the hall along with a number of guards at the resulting explosion.

Ears ringing and head pounding, Pae scrambled to his feet. He felt hot blood trickle down his forehead.

The Toa of iron weighed his options as the last of the debris hit the floor. They were not going to have any time to properly speak to Korzaa and he knew it. He couldn't stall much more than he already had without getting himself into deeper trouble. And now that the doors were open it'd mean Echelon would have a clear shot on him in hardly a moment now, and if he knew Echelon, he'd take the opportunity.

He had two options. Run away and help Jin find Korzaa, or stall further.

Nika's rifle could be useful in helping stall, but with a trade-off of Pae's likely death. Nika had good foresight it seemed.

Pae chose to do both. Pae expended another chunk of his energy to pick up his own destroyed iron doors and throw them as hard as his element would allow through the smoke and down the steps. Those outside would likely need to stop what they were doing to either avoid the iron, or stop it mid-flight, making for the perfect targets. And in a rare moment his voice boomed over all the shouting and fighting to reach his partner across the street, "Nika! Now!"

Before waiting for his voice to even carry across the street, Pae activated his kakama, and began running up the stairs after Jin, his head like a thousand drums.

Edited by Palm

| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"Fool."

The massive metal doors Pae threw, his attempt to slow the Nightfall down, stopped only halfway to their target, tossed aside like so much debris. The source was clear; Eisen stood in their path, shield held before him, blade extended as a focus for his efforts. He reached his his Kanohi's power, seeking to act against the traitorous Fe-Toa, but he was already gone.

That would not do.

Without allowing even a second to pass, he advanced on the Sanctum, shield head before his body. There had been a second Vortixx with them; ranged attacks were likely, but he expected them now. His shield would hold, and even if it did not, his mask would. Nor did he expect that he would be alone; his allies would back him up.

But for the moment, the Toa of Iron advanced rapidly, implacably, up the Sanctum's steps.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Jin)

I heard something go boom behind me as I flew up the stairs. Didn't look back. Why would I? I didn't need three guesses when one would do: Pae and I'd both known those doors wouldn't hold Team Rocket off for more than a few seconds.

The Citadel, despite the attack, was still in pretty good shape. Sure, a tower'd been blown off, but the rest was doing OK. I made it to the top of the stairs, and followed the sounds of combat down a short hallway and out onto the walls.

Walls is a bit of sketchy word choice on my part, actually. The Citadel was part of the walls, but wasn't actually a wall itself. Still, it had something resembling battlements on which a whole crowd of guards was clustered, firing stuff down at the battle below.

I looked for Korzaa. She wasn't hard to find: she was the only one who looked completely in control. Where the other midgets and heroes were sweating, she was cool as a cucumber, barking out orders like she was a Kolhii coach and not a general. I made my way over to her a quick as I could, but stayed back a bit, just in case she got a little too excited waving around her sword.

"Excuse me! Hey - Korzaa! I know it's a bad time, but I need to talk to you."

Edited by delilah

IC: (Mortem)

All the vortixx could feel was pain.

Pain and nothing else. His body felt unmovable, like it was made of rock, and his side burned with agony, like a lifetime's suffering concentrated into one place.

But he did not mind. If it was Makuta's will was done, nothing else mattered. He was only a single piece in the Dark Lord's great plan for us all. He was only a pawn in this battle.

With extreme effort, he opened his eyes, and realised that he was still lying on the snow near the hospital, the cold seeping through his body.

It was too hard to move his head, but he could see the Titan's shadow over him.

Kathok

IC Londar

From what he could see, the "Nightfall"-seriously, villains are so cheesy-had with them an energy gun of some sorts and a Fe-Toa, given that one of their guys had just thrown a giant slab of metal back. "Okay... Those guards inside would be having trouble..."

Advantage: Londar would be approaching from behind, so unless one of them was guarding the rear of the flank, he could potentially get a decisive hit in.

Disadvantage: there were seven of them. He would only be able to get one uit in before one swing of whatever swanky tech they had sent him flying to the moons. Besides, he only had a spear, a sword, and a pot lid of a shield.

So Londar didn't go for the direct assault.

He went for the taunt.

"Hey you guys! Yeah, you!!! You seven!!! You guys are freakin' W-E-A-K!!! You so weak, you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a sniper rifle! And you! Floating man! Yo' mask so, so UGGGGGGGLYYYYYYYY!!!!!! And flower girl! Wonder what you smell like-oh wait, no I smell it, and it is horrrrible..." He continued on and on, slowly walking closer, making threatening motions with his spear and spouting profanities and insults

OOC Interrupt him whenever you feel like.

IC (Echelon)

Having magnetically batted aside Jalkron's metal slab and levitated over the balls on the ground, Echelon threw a glance at Londar over his shoulder, as the Matoran drew closer, hurling inane insults. The Dark Toa considered ignoring him entirely, or perhaps simply eliminating him; either would be easy, but a third option seemed more appropriate.

With a flick of his fingers, Echelon hurled Londar into the air towards him and the rest of the Nightfall. Propelled all the way by Dark Magnetism, the Matoran sailed through the air and through the great double-doors of the Sanctum (or Citadel, if you were feeling dramatic and/or pretentious), which slammed shut behind him.

Any guards stationed in the great hallway had either moved forward to fight on the steps or retreated. Londar was alone with the Nightfall.

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Dahkapa (Near the Main gate)

As he approached the wounded Skakdi and the Toa of gravity, Zekev's eyes started to beam a bright light at him. Luckily, the beam hit his protosteel shield which he was holding in front of him.. but he soon realized that it may have been the Skakdi's plan all along, as the shield started to glow from immense heat. Dahkapa yelped in pain, and activated his Kanohi Hau while he threw the gleaming hot shield to the snowy ground.

"You there! I would appreciate your help!" he shouted to the Toa who had appeared a few moments ago, and prepared to run towards the gravity Toa and the Skakdi. His energy shield was temporary, and he didn't want to get scorched. He was certain that Brontes would support him, but if the green Toa could attack them from behind, it would help them tremendously. Mata Nui give me strength.

IC: Brontes was now to the left of the Toa and Skakdi, he had charged his fist and shield with electrical energy and used to Calix to perform a powerful running leap at the gravity Toa, intending to ram him to the ground and disarm him.

IC: Glancing at his new companions, Joskander made a quick assessment of the situation.  Right, Toa of Ice getting by eye-beams, Toa of Electricity going after that Gravity guy, both closing in to melee.  That means no tossing people around, but that's never any fun anyways.  Running interference?  Sounds reasonable, I'm good with messing with people.   :evilgrin:

Reactivating his Kanohi, the Toa of Air pulled out his chain-whip and raced towards the enemy Toa and Skakdi.  A flick of his free hand sent a small burst of airborne snow at his two opponents- hopefully, that would provide decent cover for him and his allies.

OOC: Right, current game plan is tossing snow in Zekev's and Weiss's faces as a distraction, then using the chain to bind one of them (probably Zekev) once Joskander gets in range.  Hope that doesn't clash with anything.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC Londar

"And you there, yes youUUUUUAAAAAAAAGH!!!" Londar suddenly found himself flying through the air and into the Sanctum. His spear flew out of his hands and he was barely holding his sword in his scabbard. Crashing onto the floor, he groaned, reeling from the impact. "Coulda crashed into the Wall of Prophecy had I gone any further," he muttered, trying and failing to pick himself up.

For Ira, it seemed, a miracle had occurred. As the riders retreated from the battlefield, Icha stooped down to lift his unconscious form onto the back of his Kane-Ra.

The surviving thirteen riders stormed across the streets, the sound of bull hooves loud and furious. Icha led the pack, the same swirl of emotions filling his head as earlier. "To the barracks!" he commanded, the group heading into the heart of the military section of the city, leaving the defense of the city to its other defenders for the moment.

As they reached the barracks, they all slid from the saddle, leading their steeds, who were nearly as bloody and bruise as they were, back to their stables. The barracks were quite defensible, carved into the ice of the Wahi itself, leaving them open only from one side. They were no fortress, but they would keep the group safe as they nursed their wounds and recovered.

As his men rested, Icha dragged Ira over to a wall, propping him up, careful not to further injure his crossbow wounds, and binding him with ropes at the wrists and ankles. There was no way he could take his group back out to battle until more information was gleaned. Giving the captive a few slaps to the mask, he woke him up.

"Wake up," he said gruffly, giving him a shake or two.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC Ira

"..."

Ira's blood vessels were currently under vasoconstriction; while it meant he wasn't bleeding out as fast, it also meant that his heart was put under extreme strain. He was also not very lucid due to a combination of the shock and the blood loss.

"Ungh... Larikon, why... I knew Echelon personally before, allying with him would be terrible... There was this akrainid, he tried to kill me... Makuta followers are idiots..."

Slowly waking up, his sentences became more coherent. "... Makuta is destruction... Does Echelon not see that destruction does not discriminate? He walks his path, knowing that it will only end in eternal night, and argues that... That he is the fish that swims with the shark... Stupid idiot; the shark will just eat you..."

Finally, he seemed to come to his senses. "... Sanctum guard..." Ira would have hung his head, except it hurt to move anything. "I... Have failed the Archangel... Though if he thought it wise... To ally with the Dark God... Then I question if he was ever meant to succeed..." He stared Icha in the face, but didn't seem totally present, as if he was simultaneously in the waking and in the dream.

IC: Zekev

Ah ######.

The new electric Toa (Bronte) was going to do a fist slam into Wiess unless I did something.

Well, it's only my right shoulder that's shot, so...

I quickly fired a laser at the first Toa(Dahkapa) to keep him busy, before lunging at Weiss, knocking him away. I quickly rolled over and used my good arm to swing my axe at where the Electricity Toa would land at. Hopefully a nice solid clunk would signal that we was down for the count.

Oh, right, the other Toa blasting snow. I launched a laser blast at him, hoping to hit him while he charged.

"Weiss, stop him while I get this electric flying joker!"

Edited by Norik Of Celtania

IC (Jin)

The Toa turned and looked at me, kinda bemused. "I'm not Korzaa. Who are you?"

Well, ##### me. Wrong hero. "My bad," I said, already scampering away. "Sorry, I gotta find her!"

Back into the corridor. I moved quick, checking through rooms when I could, always moving farther from the sounds of battle. Ko-Koro was dying; where in karz was its captain?