BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Maeloc smirked. "Good enough. Looks like we're ready to head out. Meet me by the gates in an hour. If you aren't there, we're leaving. You can get any supplies you can carry, but remember we're traveling fast, and the Ga-Koro Marines might be... interested to say the least, if you stroll up to the gates loaded down with weaponry."

The guards outside the door opened it. Maeloc looked away from the assembled group back to the map. "I trust you can show yourselves out. Remember, gate, one hour. I'll be there."

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Viima

(Ko-Le-Wahi border, gorge):

Although irritated by being called "little friend" by Tivanu, Viima decided to keep it to himself. What mattered at the moment was getting out in one piece.

"Understood", he said, preparing the berries for the task.

IC: Tivanu

Tivanu reached into his satchel and took out two lengths of ropes. He tied one to jagged piece of ice while the other he held firmly in his hand as he lowered both ends down to Viima

"Tie one around your waist, and the other one through the loops in your bag. I doubt once we get you out of there we are going to be able to come back down."

IC Viima

With a silent nod, Viima did as Tivanu told him, tying one end of the rope around his waist and another one to his bag. This did not quite work without a little pain, but Viima was a determined individual.

"I'm ready", he finally said.

IC Galika:

Galika warned her savior, "Keep the gun up. If they really are these religious kidnappers you say they are, they've probably trained for moments like this. That gun," she paused, pointing to the gun, "could be the only thing keeping us free." She then proceeded to hold up her own protodermis pistol.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Transient

The Toa's neck snapped up from his chest, his blurry optics activating with a pop of steam. His back went rigid as he sat up, stretching his arms to the sides. A tablet fell from his lap as he did, and he bent wearily to pick it up. Sliding it back into his pack, he sighed.

He'd fallen asleep.

Standing up stiffly from his chair in the corner, the cloaked Transient blinked and looked around. He wasn't sure what else to do...

OOC: Transient open for interaction from Outsiders.

IC: Dahkapa (Ko-Koro, Near the Sanctum)

During the blizzard he lost sight of the Lesterin, and was surprised to see her near the shooter, who was pointing his smoking gun at them. Adrenaline surged through his protodermic veins, his every muscle tensed and his war hammer and shield were ready, but he knew that he had to be careful and patient. "A wise man once said", he responded to the Vortixx, "that ignorance is the root and stem of every evil. Don't judge people based on the little knowledge you have, stranger" His voice was surprisingly calm and bold, although there were mild signs of stress and anger. "And what right do you have to condemn people to die?" His face was like a still statue. "I say that you have none. You don't deserve to wield a tool used for murder"

Suddenly, his Kanohi Hau activated and a second blizzard whipped Varkraln while Dahkapa said to the Skakdi "Sir Zekev, we must not kill him. Just disarm him and knock him unconscious if necessary. Don't touch the Lesterin unless she threatens us." With that, he continued his approach and prepared to use his elemental powers.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Galika:

Galika was blind, unable to see in the blizzard. She fired a shot in the dark, hearing no impact. She then tried telling Vark to move back, but the blizzard made them deaf as well as blind.

OoC: you can kidnap Galika as well.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC: Ira

"Affirmative," Ira said to Maeloc.

Some time later...

Ira had elected to keep his sword and buckler, but had shed any extraneous armor. He had also packed rations and other essentials for the trip. In addition, he had stocked up on some of his more destructive chemicals, including Stralix powder, oil of vitriol, etc. Too bad he couldn't spare time to visit the new T.O.Y.S. store... Or maybe he could. There was still time.

Finally, he had gotten himself a prrrrrreeeeetty nice knife...

... Whiiiich he might juSt hAVe to TEsT on ThOSE RUFFIANS CAUSING A SCENE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE KARZ- TOWN-

Wait.

"... Zekev, Dahkapa?"

"Whoa whoa whoa, what's going on?! What's with the blizzard?" Ira cautiously approached the group, sheathing his knife and drawing his sword (speaking of which, he might have to get a new one. The one he had right now was a little bit on the big side for a one-hander... But anyways.)

IC: Dravennica and Shredder - Ko-Koro (Gate)

"Oh, I never hinted that you didn't. But your unwillingness to lend your aid shows me that I should severely reconsider offering you any further involvement in future... 'business opportunities,'" the Ko-Toa said, her cold gaze never wavering for a second. "Opportunities that you would personally find quite enjoyable, and would be a perfect match for your area of expertise, though it matters little, since you can just as easily be replaced."

She then turned her attention to the Vortixx.

"Hopefully you and the Ta-Matoran will come to be more... agreeable to my proposal when the time comes."

And with that, Dravennica left the city, informing the guards of her eventual return as she ventured out into the frozen landscape before her.

OOC: Does anyone mind if I consider the time-skip as an introductory period for our characters? Referring to them by their species alone is starting to become a bit tiresome.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC Galika:

Galika heard a noise coming from... somewhere. She pointed her gun at the newcomer, who obviously knew their assailants. She hoped that her "companion" didn't go for him too, which would leave them open to attack from the other two.

IC: Enforcer, Veteran and Zero - Obsidian Outpost.

The days since the Sergeant had made his offer had flown by in a wintery blur. The refugees had come and gone, ferried across the cable car to Ta-Wahi, and the two Toa who'd brought them to us had disappeared as quickly as they'd come, vanishing into the whiteness of The Drifts. Our other visitors had also traveled onwards to Ta-Wahi, leaving our home quiet and peaceful once more. Zero had explained everything to Murrae, and the medic seemed to take it well enough. Ihu-Koro, her home, was as pragmatic a place as I'd ever seen; she didn't judge us for what we were. 

But not everything had gone so well.

No news had been heard from Ko-Koro in several days now, and we were all on edge. The weather here up on the mountain had been growing progressively worse over the past few days, and it was only thanks to the efforts of our resident Ko-Toa that the Outpost hadn't suffered any permanent damage. 

Now, after three days, the the weather seems to have cleared at last. "Looks like we won't be needin' to take the recruits anywhere to get these trials underway," Veteran says to me, as we stand up on the parapet, looking at the sunlight glinting off the snowy surface of The Drifts. 

"The recruits are ready," Zero's voice nearly makes me jump out of my armour; I hadn't heard her approach. "You and Charek are first." 

"Alright," I'd been waiting for this opportunity for days now. Time to see how good Charek really was.

Veteran, Zero and I head for the arena, where most of the other Outsiders and the recruits were already gathered. "Where's Charek?" I storm into the centre of the arena, my helmet on, brandishing my halberd. 

OOC: Okay, timeskip is complete. Combat trials for all of the recruits are now recommencing. 

Edited by Roman Torchwick
  • Upvote 5

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC (Charek):

"Situational awareness: negligible," Charek murmured from behind Enforcer's left shoulder.  "That said, I think I'll take the liberty of assuming that was a fluke."

OOC: Trololololoooooooooo...

• Upvote 2

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

I give Zero a questioning glance, and she nods. I spin my body, lashing out with my halberd at Charek behind me. 

The trial has begun. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Luyn

With a nod, I walked out the door and back into the Koro's frigid outdoors. An hour was ample time to gather my belongings, so I wasn't in any rush to reach my house. Well, technically it wasn't mine, it just happened to be empty and completely ransacked.

Luckily the bed was still there.

Might as well catch a nap, right?

IC Galika:

Galika could hear the voices well enough to know where the origin was. She set her gun to "stun", and fired twice, once at the original assailant, and again at "Sir Ira".

She then ducked to avoid any returning fire.

OOC: Couldn't have asked for a better description of Aelied and Zueya leaving Obsidian.

IC: Together, Aelied and Zueya trekked back to the cave they were operating out of. The trip was made in silence. Not as a measure of stealth, but of conserving energy. That is, until Zueya broke the silence.

"You want to get into Ko-Koro, but you can't because of me."

Aelied was surprised, both that she had summed up his thoughts, and that she had read him so easily. "Well, there are two components to such an objective. One is the actual act of getting in. You're resourceful, I'm sure you could find a way. The other, more dangerous part is not being seen. I do not think that is in your ability yet."

Zueya stayed quiet for a while. "You talk about not being seen. What's the danger? We can't be recognized. Why not walk through the front gate, saying we're mercenaries or something?"

Aelied considered this. "That is... unorthodox. However, its not a bad idea."

The Vo-Toa grinned. It wasn't often she surprised her master. "In that case, I have a few ideas..."

• Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

Tivanu nodded once down at Viima. With a flick of a switch on his staff, he sent a bolt of gravity towards the matoran. When it struck there was no pain, but a sudden feeling of lightness if anything. With a deep breath Tivanu tightened his grip on the rope and pulled, hoping that the mixture of oils from the berries, and the decreased gravity would succeed in pulling the matoran free.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Viima

Tivanu's plan worked surprisingly well. Viima winced as one of his legs moved due to the levitation, but soon realized the pain was minimal. He had suffered no permanent damage, he was simply bruised and sore.

Tivanu's gravity lifted Viima and his belongings up to safety. Viima sighed in relief as he realized he was now out of trouble.

"I guess I should thank you", Viima said a bit grudingly, but obviously with sincere gratitude. "I was prepared to say goodbye to this world."

OoC: I have no idea how a gun that shoots plasma can have a 'stun mode', but whatever :P

Before he could answer Zekev, he noticed the Lesterin shoot at them. He jumped in front of Zekev and the blasts were absorbed by the energy field emitted from his Kanohi, but he could do nothing to protect Ira. The energy field collapsed afterwards, making him vulnerable. "You go get the Vortixx, I'll deal with this woman", he said to Zekev, his voice seething with anger, an emotion he had never felt as a Matoran. He ran towards her, his shield raised and his hammer ready, and quickly reached her. "Drop your weapon or I'll be forced to harm you!" he shouted while keeping an eye on her gun.

IC: The Champion (Obsidian Outpost)

While others watch the fight that has just now began, I sit on a stone bench and sharpen my knife with a small whetstone. I have no reason to watch Enforcer and the recruit fight, for I have more combat experience than both of them combined. And that's not arrogant exaggeration, it's truth. Yes, I still know that no opponent should be underestimated, but I simply will not have anything to learn from this fight, so there's little reason for me to pay any attention to it. I sigh and try to think about something else..

Miira..

No. What is dead will never live. There's no reason for me to keep mourning after all these years. It won't bring her back.

But I made a promise..

And I will keep it. But she will still remain dead. Like everyone else.

Then why do I care?

I continue to sharpen my knife.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Tivanu was already working on pulling up Viima's satchel through a similar method

"You are lucky I was even here in Ko-wahi, else by the time I made it here you would likely be dead." he handed the bag over to the matoran and whistled for Kive-phu, who promptly landed on his shoulder "Though really this one here is who you should be thanking."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Scholar and Ayar (Obsidian Outpost)

Scholar winced as he sat down on a seat at the edge of the arena, his back which had been broken from the fall still hurting, even though it had been mostly healed by Murrae and Ayar working together. "You ok?" Ayar whispered gently to the Ko-Toa, sitting down quietly next to him on an impromptu block of metal.  Scholar nodded gratefully, and the two turned back to face the trial, ever so slightly shifting closer to each other over the next few minutes.

VBWj75sh.png

IC Galika:

Galika fired her gun again at her assailant (OoC: I know you have a Hau) and tried to run, but ended up tripping.

OoC: KIDNAP HER FOR GOODNESS SAKES

OOC: Er...how did Crab escape exactly? :P

@Timageness: yeah that's fine. I was under the impression that they would have probably introduced themselves to each other in the two says, if they hadn't already. :)

IC: (Vandal/Obsidian)

Finally, the trails for the new recruits were starting.

Rekhyt made his way slowly out into the courtyard, shielding his masked face from the biting blizzard wind with an armoured hand.

IC: (Mortem/Ko-koro)

I will have to see...I would not wish to do anything against His wishes. 

I feel guilt that Khil'rayu is demonstrating his faith while a part of me wishes simply for destruction.

"I will...think about it."

Edited by Sil

Kathok

IC: Ira

Seeing Dahkapa jump in the way of what looked like some sort of projectile, Ira immediately began heading back to the scene, narrowly dodging a blast of plasma (though due to convection, he'd be feeling it for a while. Innate heat resistance only went so far. ). "Dahkapa's a Ko-Toa, so..."

Ira began sucking heat out of the general area where the shooter was in. Wouldn't want to mess with his comrade's element, after all.

Edited by One-Eyed Construct

OoC: @One-eyed Construct: Galika shot plasma at Ira, if you didn't notice
         @Dallior: Patience is a virtue.

As soon as the gun started to glow he activated his Kanohi, and the shot was once again absorbed by his energy shield. Dahkapa cursed under his breath, something he never did as a Matoran. "I gave you a chance to surrender, infidel! I'm not responsible for what will happen to you now!" he yelled, which is something he never did as a Matoran. Dahkapa charged at her and swung his hammer, aiming straight for the head, ignoring the fact that this impact could potentially kill her. He was willing to murder a sentient being, something he never did as a Matoran.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Galika;

Galika ducked, but not fast enough. The force of the blow was enough to knock her out instantaneously, but not kill her.

She really was a noob at this battle thing.