BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

He's too far away... going too fast.... I slam painfully into the snow, feeling hot plasma splash around me as Charek continues to strafe past. 

I get quickly to my feet and back off, trying to put as much distance between myself and him as possible (it's a big arena, so it isn't exactly difficult). At the speed he's going, all he's going to see of me is a big blur. The Kakama is already throwing off his aim (plasma doesn't make for the best precision projectile), so I figure the further away I am from him, the worse his aim is going to get, and the easier it's going to be for me to....  

My train of thought derails as I narrowly duck a blob of plasma aimed at my face. I hold my halberd at the ready as I continue walking backwards, planting my feet firmly in the snow to avoid tripping, waiting for his focus to break, or his elemental energy to run out. 

It's only a matter of time; he can't keep this up forever....

IC (Charek): He's backing off, Charek thought.  Good.  I've finally earned myself some breathing room.

Letting his Kanohi and plasma barrage falter, he let one hand hit the ground and spun, his feet digging trails into the snow covering the arena as he slid to a halt.  Even as he slowed, his free hand grabbed at the elemental rifle at his hip, and by the time he had stopped the firearm was already trained on Enforcer.  A pull of the trigger, and a focused bolt of white-hot plasma emerged from the tip and lanced towards the Vortixx.

OOC: So yeah.  In case it wasn't clear (I'm still getting the hang of describing body movements in combat), Charek's basically in a three point landing-ish position facing Enforcer now.

Edited by Endless Freeze (Alaki)

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

IC: Enforcer - Obsidian Outpost Arena. 

Now that was just unnecessary. He could shoot plasma out of his hands, yet he felt the need to have a gun that he could channel his powers through? 

Karzdamnit.... I throw myself out of the way, scowling angrily as I take cover behind one of the frozen hay-bales that serve as archery targets. I'm supposed to test his fighting capabilities; difficult to do when he won't get close enough to me to actually fight

I need a new plan... 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Aelied clutched the poncho close about him. "I am Ayeuz, and this is my bodyguard Deilea. I am an herbalist, and times have been rough were I came from. I figured my talents would make me a bit more successful with the... population shift, here in Ko-Koro, regardless of the climate."

IC (Ko-Koro Gate Guards)

A Toa nearby jotted down 'Ayeuz' and 'Deilea' on a ledger, along with some shorthand describing their basic appearances and business in the Koro.

"In you go," said the Lesterin, jerking his head to indicate the open gate as the other guards stepped aside.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: The two toa passed through the gate. Aelied kept a close eye out; not as many people as he expected. There were a few warriors wandering around; an Onu-Turaga waiting by the gate, talking to a skakdi and toa.

Zueya leaned in. "Master, what are we doing now?" she whispered.

Aelied kept walking, using his staff for support. "We should learn the Koro. Know the best places to set up shop."

The Vo-Toa nodded. Night probably wasn't the best time to explore, but whatever. Aelied split off to look at some of the shops; most were abandoned, boarded up. As he was making his way around the square, Zueya noticed a pole in the center of the square. As she approached, she saw two scraps of parchment on it, one embedded on a plaque, the other attached by magnet. Both were somewhat damp from the weather, but Zueya couldn't discern anything else. She arced electricity between her fingers, making a crude light source. As she read the notice, her gut froze. Her voice cracked as she called out "M-Master..!"

"What, what is it, girl?" Aelied tried to sound more annoyed than he was, but he understood her panic.

"They know about us!" the young toa hissed between her teeth.

Aelied's voice was barely a whisper, almost lost in the wind and noise of the square. "Keep your voice down. They know of Vakua. The others aren't even identified here. Everything is fine." As a fe-skakdi passed them by, he raised his voice again. "We can't go after this because we're outnumbered, for one. And I just got here, I'm not leaving."

He looked around. They had to move; Cyrix had told him that Kalyss was taking Casanuva and Vakua here; they had to be warned off. That meant he, Zueya, and Cyrix had another objective, and a time limit. "Let's go." The two toa quickly moved on.

Through his lens goggles, Cyrix saw Aelied and Zueya enter the Koro. Well, this was it. The Le-Toa activated his Volitak, and watched his hands turn transparent. Time to move.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC Kotak:

He continued through the city, reminiscing his time as a Matoran. So very long ago. The First Toa had been righteous champions then.

And then they'd descended into the same caverns Kotak had just been in, never to be seen again.

A grim smile lit his face; in that, at least, he had been more powerful. Better even than Kopaka.

He continued through the streets, deep in thought, no particular destination in mind.

IC: Varan

He saw it fly.

With an barely-perceivable flick of his wrist underneath his cloak, Varan raised the gravity of the knife, causing it to drop to the snow with a thud.

The Toa of Gravity smirked and looked away from the attacker.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Halmos

Halmos looked surprise. He adjusted his noble Huna and looked to the defender. As soon as he did, the defender looked away.

A wicked smile crept over his face. He began walking towards the mysterious person.

OOC: Oh, Jakura... :evilgrin:

Edited by ghidora131
  • Upvote 1

IC

Halmos was not the only one to notice the two newcomers' whispered conversation.

A dark figure leaned against one of the walls that enclosed the square, in a pool of shadow where the street lamps' light did not reach. As electricity crackled between the Vo-Toa's fingertips and her voice (briefly broken by some emotion) called out for her 'master', the figure raised its head. Its face was invisible beneath its hood, but eyes glimmered in the two Toa's direction.

They exchanged a few words, voices lowered so as to be inaudible over the night wind. Then, as a Fe-Skakdi passed them, the older Toa spoke at a more usual volume as though they had been doing so all along. Once the Skakdi was gone, the elderly Toa looked around, and the two then moved off at a brisk pace.

As they went, the shadowy figure's gaze moved to another whose attention seemed to be on them: a Cy-Toa, watching the two newcomers intently—and reaching for a knife as he did so.

The figure left his spot at the wall, and, at an inconspicuous distance, began to follow the two Toa and their apparent assailant.

• Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Hoo boy, lots of long posts today... I've been working on my retrospective in Po since last night! Anyway, some appropriate background music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xim8I772bYc

IC: The sun was almost down. There was glare on the snow facing away from the wall, but he would cast a long shadow. Time for Cyrix to get moving. He left the sniffing kavinika behind as he belly-crawled out of their den. The snow, thankfully, wasn't fresh: he only needed to worry making his approach unseen, not tracks. He managed to crawl a decent amount of the way before the sun set. The Le-Toa made it to an area with tracks, at least. Watching both the guards at the gate and the ones patrolling the walls, he slowly lifted himself up, making sure to brush any snow clinging to his armor off, since it would stick out unless he deactivated and reactivated his Volitak. Cyrix crouched low to the ground, and started walking. Lights began to come on, as the guards uncapped lightstones, among others. It wasn't far to the wall, though, and he dashed close enough to the wall to hug it. He knew his Volitak was suppressing the noise, so the biggest problem right now was his potential shadow and somebody seeing through the stealth.

Getting to the wall was the long part. This was the hard part. Cyrix felt around on his body until he grasped his grappling hook, and unclipped it from the cable slung around his shoulder. Squeezing the trigger, the hooks sprung out; normally, there was a satisfying click, but it was, of course, silenced. Taking one last look to any guards, he swung it into the wall. Using the hook as a climbing pick, he climbed the parapet. He climbed at the corner of the wall and the parapet, so he could brace himself against the other wall. Silently he climbed.

Both Aelied and Zueya heard the knife clattering against the ground. As they turned, however, Aelied was the one that appraised the situation more accurately. It was a small knife, and a loud noise. Sounded like something much heavier; the last time he had heard similar, he was testing Skorm. There were two toa behind them, a Cy-Toa who looked angry, facing Aelied and Zueya but looking at the other, a Ba-Toa. Aelied surmised that the Cy-Toa had thrown the knife, and the Ba-Toa had saved them; for now, at least. The ancient Ba-Toa narrowed his eyes as he created a woody vine wrapped around his hand, with a single thorn protruding from the palm. He briefly thought of various toxins he could use, and coated it with a sap that induced paralysis.

Zueya, for all her inexperience, at least knew trouble coming when she saw it. She drew her staff and twisted it, lengthening it into a proper quarterstaff. She adopted a combat stance, keeping the business end low to the ground.

"Attack?" she asked. Nervousness tinged her voice.

"The Cy-Toa attacked us, the Ba-Toa stopped it. Hold back for now."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

Varan realized that more than a few eyes - including those of a nasty-looking Bo-Toa - were now on him, but he ignored the glances.

What he couldn't ignore, though, was the even nastier-looking Cy-Toa that was now advancing upon him. For Arcturia's sake, however, he pretended not to notice.

The cloaked Toa turned, his emerald eyes just as striking - however, they were inlaid with power, not malice.

"Excuse me, brother Toa? I'm sorry if I've upset you, but I realized that that Toa over there was in danger of being killed, and I couldn't allow that. It would be horrendous if I saw and did nothing."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Halmos

For a moment the two Toa locked eyes, each one staring down the other - one with hatred, one with power.(rhyme not intended)

"Well, I suppose you're right." Halmos said, breaking out of the glare contest. He said with such calm it was unnerving.

Turning, he began walking away... Clearly following the two.

IC Halmos

Good. Now all three Toa were paying attention. Time to lure them in.

Halmos stood, slightly hunched. "I'm afraid you don't have a license for that sort of thing. Shame."

He unsheathed another throwing knife, one that shines nicely in the sunlight.

"I'll have to exterminate you."

IC: Aelied moved aside, being very careful not to let his poison thorn hand touch the Ko-Toa. "Might want to stay out of this one, Ko-Toa." he whispered.

The ancient toa chuckled. "The Ba-Toa speaks truth. If you're not feeling well, I can brew up something to help you!"

OOC: Just to be clear here: Halmos is a Cy-Toa, Varan is a Ba-Toa, Kotak is a Ko-Toa, Aelied/Ayeuz is a Bo-Toa, and Zueya/Deilea is a Vo-Toa. Just so everyone knows. And the Mysterious Guy played by Ghost is... I dunno. But I do have my suspicious... :P

• Upvote 2

OOC: Ultimo, are you sure? Because, KoK has the Bo-Toa - mine is a Ba-Toa.

"Uh, it's fine," Varan mumbled to the Toa of Ice who had suddenly stumbled into him. "No harm done."

"My funeral, Toa?" He said to the other, gripping the weapon at his belt."This is bad comedy."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Varan laughed. And then he laughed some more. It was a rough, grating sound, as if he had never laughed before.

"My friend, you are delusional. Here you are, armed with naught but knives, challenging three - er, four - other Toa. You cannot win."

Edited by Jakura Nuva

Varan, expecting the attack, reacted like lightning, sweeping his hand in an arc towards the Cy-Toa. With the gesture, he increased the pull of gravity on his enemy's limbs and torso, intending to send him crashing into the snow.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Kotak:  The shock jolted my arm slightly, as he crashed to the ground.

I growled, Channeling ice through the staff, aiming to pin his hands to the ground.

"I'm fine. Thanks, but I had him."

I glowered at the cy toa on the ground.

"You are a fool, Cy-Toa."

Edited by The UltimoScorp

IC: Aelied reacted swiftly; this toa obviously was too dangerous to let him keep talking. The elder toa activated his Kualsi, and was next to the Cy-Toa in an instant. His leg was caught in the gravity field, and he slightly staggered. Threw him off, slightly, but Aelied still reached out to touch the Toa's skin.