BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Sentinel:

"If cold is the path of the wicked, then we are a great evil, indeed, brother."

Kotak spoke up stepping up behind Zealot.

IC zealot

The zealot scoffed. "I do not suffer the chills of atonement." Surely the other was not so ignorant "Cold is the wrath of mata nui. I am his agent."

640px-Rorschach_judge.jpg

--Character Profiles--

||--Veneras--|--MacGukko--|--Tharros--|--Xerrand--|--Tarian--|--Niralle--||

Kale Ironshaper "Sen" - Ko-koro- Aggressor Base

IC: With a sweep of his hand the metal filling the hole in the roof turned from a shiny new silver to a slightly rough and worn looking grey.  It was the same thing he had done to all the other patch jobs on the walls, although he would have to take a look at it from the outside to make sure there was nothing he had missed. From the sounds coming from downstairs though it would have to wait.

"Have any trouble with the guards at the gate?" He asked from the top of the stairs.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 'Kinerya'

I shook my head at Kale's inquiry. "Nah, they seemed more interested in just getting our 'names' and moving us along then anything else, we're just a regular bunch of mercs as far as they're concerned." I grinned ever so slightly before turning toward Krayn. "I'll help with the firewood." I offered, I wanted to look around the place anyway, get used to the surroundings. We could be there for a very long time after all, depending on how long finding the hostages would take, much less figuring out how to get them out of there. "I need to move around anyway, my bones are stiff." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

The De-Toa had nodded to Skyra, and then started up the stairs. He wasn't particularly surprised that she had volunteered, but if he were honest, he had silently hoped she wouldn't. Neither had spent much time around the other since his resignation, nor had they addressed the matter. Hanging around her in Onu-Koro had already been a bit awkward. Confined spaces in enemy territory would be considerably more so.

Krayn gestured to a room on the right, once likely a two-person suite. "Let's start in here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I followed Krayn up the stairs, the silence only interrupted by the creaking of wood as we took a step. This place was rundown, that was for sure, but it would serve nicely. Krayn suggested the room to the right, and since I had no objections I followed him in. Unsurprisingly there were two beds inside, it made sense if we each worked on breaking down a bed, so I picked one and walked over to it, looking it over carefully. I'd never destroyed a bed before, at least not on purpose, but it appeared that the beds were designed to come apart, so I started by removing the mattress, now I could see that the pieces of wood all came apart if you put force on them in the right places, clever. 

As we both worked though, the absolute silence between us was become more than just a little awkward, at least for me. There was clearly unresolved...things between us, and the longer they stayed that way the worse it was going to get. As I gave the bed a swift kick and knocked down the remaining pieces I turned to look at him. 

"Can we talk? Like really talk? Because this awkwardness is already starting to become unbearable and we've only just arrived. And we could be here a very long time..." I let that hang in the air. 

IC:

"..."

Krayn carefully split two of the remaining pieces of the bed frame, stacking them neatly next to him alongside rest. Only the metal support remained, while the headboard was leaned against the wall to be split into smaller pieces. He had though the question might come, once the awkward silence had settled. "What do you want to talk about?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I bit my lip, what indeed? I decided to start with the obvious, I wasn't sure how he'd react but I couldn't worry about that. 

"I was...surprised when I saw your letter of resignation. What made you decide to leave the Force?" 

IC:

"I gave the Force years." His answer was slow, as though every word was being carefully considered. And to an extent, they were. Explaining his reasons was difficult enough with Rynekk or Four. Explaining them to his former Commander made everything else look easy. Krayn wasn't even looking at her, his eyes fixed instead on the head board like he were still thinking about how to break it. He was seated on one knee, resting a forearm on his leg and bracing the other hand on the ground. The silence continued for a minute before he continued. "I enlisted because I wanted to do some good. Thought I needed to do some good. I was young, inexperienced, and enthusiastic. More enthusiastic than I've ever been again."

"I sat down to take the boat back to Rockwall, after you left, and realized that Le-Koro wasn't home. I had learned to dread going back to the village I grew up in. I was- am- hated universally in the only home I've ever known. My colleagues look at me with distaste, if they know me at all." A pause. "I went home, and realized I hadn't slept in my own bed for nearly two years. And those two years were the happiest I'd been in a long time."

"So I took a good, long look at my life. And I realized I wasn't needed, or wanted, at the Force. So I went to to Headquarters, and I sat down to write my resignation. I told myself if someone greeted me, asked me how I'd been, what I was doing... Anything like that, I'd take it as a sign to take another look at what I was doing." The former Lieutenant shrugged. "No one did. Receptionist didn't bat an eye at my letter of resignation."

"I left, Commander, because after spending a whole year with people who appreciated what I did, I didn't want to go back to working with those who detested my existence."

• Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe followed in after the 'mercs' inside, sitting down in the corner. If she was a...Ko-Lesterin, she wouldn't be bothered by this unrelenting cold weather here. But nope. She was a Cry-Lesterin. She could see in the dark and could glow a little.

How pathetic, what use was that?

Her armor didn't help. In fact, despite how thick and solid it was, if anything, it made the cold worse. Metal can absorb cold. Or, lose heat, easily. She could take it off, but then she'd be open to the wind. And that might be worse. She rose to her knees, but only to unload her weapons and place them down, leaning against the wall next to her, before sitting down again. She pulled her cloak around her again, revealing only her helmet, the narrow, black visor giving her an aggressive look angled downwards, and the tips of her leathery, armored boots. She looked up.

"If anyone needs help, don't be afraid to ask. Or company." She offered.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: 

"Ah..." In hindsight, it wasn't surprising at all that he'd left. It was true that Krayn was pretty much universally hated by the other members of the Gukko Force...by the people of Le-koro.  Why would he want to stay? I really couldn't blame him for leaving at all. It hadn't been all that long ago when I'd looked at Krayn with distaste as well. I used to see Krayn as an extreme stickler for the rules, a bit stuck up even. Maybe he had been to some extent, but I'd never tried to really get to know him either, see things from his point of view. I realised what I had to look like to him. A snobby, stuck up Commander who was successful because she was a born-bred Le-Toa, who could bend the rules when she saw fit and still get all the praise in the world from her comrades. No wonder he was so uncomfortable talking with me. 

"If I had been you...I'd have done the exact same..." I finally said, taking a long sigh. "I shouldn't have left you at Rockwall, I could make a hundred excuses for why I did, but the truth is I was just being immature and selfish..." I took a breath, unsure I really wanted to say what I was about to. "...it's hard for me to admit this but I had...I had a crush on Dorian..." If that didn't get his attention nothing would.

"...I had some stupid, girlish crush on a bad boy...never in my life did I think something like that would happen to me...but I never expected to become a girl either." I let out a little laugh. "You know I used to dislike you because you were the only one who was brazen enough to point out when I ignored whatever rules and regulations didn't suit me, but you were right all along. I'm a horrible officer...even if everyone else in the Force overlooked it you didn't. I guess in hindsight, you were the only one who cared enough to point it out."

"I'm hardly ever in Le-koro anymore...ever since my change it's become difficult to stay long. I may be popular among to Force, but I don't really know any of them, not on a personal level. My friends are Hari, Tillian, Liara, Naona, you...none of you even live in Le-koro, at least not anymore." I looked down towards the remains of the bed, I was trembling a bit, I felt like a nervous wreck. 

"This mission has given me something else to focus on...but after it's over...I'm not sure what I'm gonna do...######, I might even resign...the Gukko Force doesn't need someone who runs after crushes or ignores paperwork, it needs more people like you." 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy
  • Upvote 3

IC: Chivinix

20, 21, 22, 24.

The large insectoid otherwise known as Chivinix sat atop one of the sturdier rooftops, watching the streets below. As a person passed by who didn't notice him, he counted them out. Why he did this? Well one can't rightly pretend to know. Infact maybe he didn't even know. His gaze drifted towards the doorway of a rather seedy bar, or more correctly a rather seedy looking Ko-toa who exited the joint. Would the Ko-toa notice the vortixx sized insectoid hidden in rather plain sight atop the building across the street, or would he be like the rest of the patrons who left, drunk out of their mind with senses dulled. Chivinix leaned forward, eyes watching the Ko-toa carefully, mind ready to add him to his growing list.

ooc: For reference the Ko-toa in question is Sigmund.

IC: As if more concerned with showmanship than safety, Sigmund waited until he was well past the Vortixx-sized...thing to address him, not deigning to turn and face his voyeur when he first spoke.

"You know, if you're looking to stay hidden, you might not want to lean out so far."

One hand falling upon Balmung's pommel, he tossed a casual glance back and upwards over his shoulder, an eyebrow raised in a small amount of mirth. "You'd have nearly gotten the drop on me if you didn't stick out just a bit too much." he elaborated pinching his thumb and finger together in the universal gesture of "just a little".

A half-turn, now placing the war-torn Ko-Toa side-on to the bug and baring that the full force of eternal easy smirk plastered across his face. 

"So, what's the plan, Mister Grasshopper? Looking for a good time?"

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC: Muatara

As Muatara drew closer to the abandoned village, he noticed that all four beings were wearing some kinds of masks. Interesting... 

When Muatara was close enough that he thought for sure the four would notice him, he stopped and waved at them, as a gesture of non-hostility. Muatara had no idea if these four would even speak the same language as him.

OOC: Muatara currently waving at the people in Tu-Koro.

IC (Merror)

Merror spotted the strange being as he turned away from the graveside. He funnelled his brow: it was not of any species he'd ever seen, and appeared to be clad in the bones and hide of some fearsome creature. As if that was not enough, behind it stalked a large bear Rahi that could've torn it limb from limb but instead followed quite docilely.

The being waved. That at least looked like a show of peacefulness. After a moment's hesitation, Merror waved back.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Force doesn't need people like me. I'm a prick." The corner of his mouth tugged upwards in the smallest hints of a smile. The expression vanished within moments, though, and he sighed. "I make mistakes, and overcompensate for them. Nothing particularly exceptional to my name. Tendency to be considered highly expendable. The Force isn't going to have any problems without me. I can do some good here, and I'm going to make sure I do everything I can. Until Ko-Koro's back to normal, rest isn't an option."

"After that... I think it might be time for a break. Live quietly for a while. Four and Rynekk, they'll probably try to get me to stay," Krayn's speech slowed as he thought about it, growing softer. "Kale might want me to, but he'll agree it's for the best. Naona and Dehkaz'll wish me well but they're too busy to worry about it. I haven't even seen Liara, or Til, or... You, actually, in months. None of you guys will worry about it too much. That's the good thing about being the benchwarmer. It doesn't really matter if you go away for a while. I can visit without really having to stay."

"You, though," He glanced sidelong at his former Commander. "Don't get to quit. Whatever mistakes you made, you're Commander Daring. You've got a reputation. A command position. You can rally people. Sway opinions. Be a figurehead, even if you might not be the best at being in charge. You messed up before, even pretty recently, but everybody does. You have to learn from that and grow. No one's a leader overnight, and to be perfectly honest, you shouldn't have gotten promoted when you did."

"But you were. And being in charge means you're never allowed to quit." A pause, and the De-Toa gave a wry quirk of the mouth. "Being the benchwarmer means you get to be highly expendable."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC (Echelon)

And so it began.

Joske's Kakama-speed attack was too fast for anyone, even someone with the quickest of reflexes, to counter in time—unless they already knew it was coming. Before Joske could attack he had to think about attacking, and anything he thought, Echelon would hear.

Even as he broke into his lightning sprint, Dark Magnetism was pushing him farther to the left, pushing him just far enough off-balance for the tip of the flamberge to whistle a good few inches past the Dark Toa. As Joske slowed himself and recovered his balance, Echelon wasted no time in going on the offensive. He reached up with his free hand towards the head of one of the four monolithic totems that formed the Temple of Peace, and shadows flared up across it: a second later the carved stone shattered under invisible strain, splintering into a dozen shards and chunks that floated down to orbit the Dark Toa like asteroids. He thrust his staff forwards, and sent them hurtling at Joske.

IC:

BAAAAAANZAAAAAAAAAI!

Being a Kolhii star meant that you had to have a minute command of every single little motion that your body makes, and putting the years of practice into making them twitch when you wanted, not when they felt like it. Cael, as a doctor, knew the meaning of surgical precision; even Dorian, with his knack for marksmanship and years of assassinations, could make a case for being surgical. You wouldn't think that an athlete would be cut from the same cloth as a healer, and especially not a killer.

But depending on the case, we can be a bit of either.

So the fact that I missed, let alone by inches...

It's almost trigger-worthy. HA. Trigger worthy.

Dor was a gunslinger, he'd like that one. . I was making Dor jokes. Cuuuuutting on back to the present...

The fact that I had missed, even in Kolhii-spec armor specifically designed to contain not a wayward trace of metal, was...unhelpful, to say the least. I'm not one to be too prideful, but operator error of my own body isn't something I'm too familiar with, so I had not a doubt in my mind that it was my dark opponent that was somehow behind this. The feeling was only cemented by the way he broke up one of the Temple's sacred stones into  pieces and hurled them at me - with no more than a thought. Compared to the master of magnetism I'd met before, this newer, sleeker Echelon was clearly on a higher...

...tier. What'd you think I was gonna say?

Maybe stop with the jokes until you're sure you can beat him, Joske.

Using my Kakama again, I leaped up in the air and landed atop one of the larger chunks of totem, springboarding off it and landing on a chunk farther back and to the left. From there, it gave me a clear shot at Echelon's side, and it wasn't too high up in the air - there would be less time for him to manipulate me and twirl me around in midair. Readying myself for a lunge, I bounced off the rock for momentum and silently hurtled towards him, faster than the eye could see, like a missile.

-Tyler

• Upvote 4

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: 

I looked at Krayn, a bit speechless for a moment. Then I laughed, the irony of the situation was too much. Here was Krayn, telling me I didn't have any right to quit, that I needed to keep fighting the good fight, regardless of the many mistakes I'd made, and he was absolutely right. 

"Krayn, you'd make a really good counselor, you know that? Cause it's true." I had to give him a smile. "You are wrong about one thing though, you aren't expendable. Maybe the Gukko Force doesn't need you, but this team does. I need you, who else is gonna point out when I up?" 

IC:

"Daring, let's be frank for a second. There's never been an instance where my departure would have been an issue. I was gone for a year already." The De-Toa slowly pushed himself to his feet, tossing the disassembled pieces of the bed over one shoulder. "I'm going to help free Ko-Koro. Then I'm going to have some piece and quiet."

"You guys'll do fine once I'm gone. You just have to learn to recognize when you're making a bad decision."

fK5oqYf.jpg

The large insectoid clenched one of it's four hands as it rose to it's full height atop the roof, talons digging ever so faintly into the wooden roof. He stared down at the Ko-toa, a soft, content chittering founding it's way to the crisp air.

"If Chivinix wanted to hide, Chivinix could hide. Chivinix has been up here, counting as people walked by, completely missing Chivinix. Not too many are observant here. Only Icy one noticed."

He hopped down from atop the roof, his six translucent wings flapping ever so faintly to ease his landing. Once safely on the street before Sigmund, he crossed his arms over his chest, looking at the toa more closely.

"Chivinix not sure what you mean by a 'Good time'. But Chivinix is looking for something to occupy Chivinix. The Frozen city is so boring."

Edited by Vox of Vinheim

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"You know, for most of the time I've known you, you would have preferred I was anywhere else." Krayn commented to his former CO, stepping out into the hall and proceeding briskly into the central room to start stacking wood next to the fireplace. A flint was already on the room's side table, where an oil lamp likely used to be. 

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: 

I bit my lip, what Krayn said was true, but I had changed since then, both of us had, heck everyone I knew had changed in some ways, some in more dramatic ways than others. I followed Krayn out into the hall with my pile of wood in hand. 

"Well, I got to actually know you...and we've both changed a lot since then...though arguably I changed a bit more." I smirked. 

IC:

"Yeah, to be honest I'm still adjusting even now. I mean being a girl isn't terrible or anything, to be honest I like it better in a lot of ways. But people who knew me before...look at me funny. Makes going back home particularly awkward." 

"Not you guys though, you all treat me pretty much the same." 

IC:

"You're still the same person. Though," The De-Toa started carefully arranging the smaller pieces of wood in the fireplace. "I would have thought guys treated you most differently. Pass me the flint?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: 

After putting my pile of wood down, I picked the flint up from the table before handing it to Krayn. "Ah...when I said guys, I meant like you 'guys', not guy guys." I laughed awkwardly. "Guys do treat me a bit more differently than girls, that's true. Though back at the Force they don't so much, at least not in front of me, I think my rank scares them." I rubbed the back of my head.

"I feel like a lot of guys are either repulsed by the idea I used to be a guy and stay away or when they realise my rank they don't want to get too close either." I shrugged. "Girls seem to accept it a lot better, force me to go on shopping trips with them or try to dress me up. You'd think becoming a girl would help me understand them better but there are still some things that just confuse me, even about myself." 

Edited by Cirilla Fiona Elen Riannon

IC:

"That you still find them confusing still isn't particularly surprising." Krayn didn't look back as he started striking the flint near what looked quite suspiciously like pages torn out of a book, waiting for the spark that would light it on fire. Finally a small red glow began to emanate, one he blew on softly to fan the infant flame as he tucked the flint back into his pockets. "Most of your experiences are quite different, after all. And it is likely that the other officers are intimidated."

"Though you seem to be adapting well."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"The first few months were rough." I admitted. "But after that I more or less fully accepted what happened and moved on. I had to adapt, if I hadn't well...that would have been terrible." I could feel the fire's heat as it slowly grew, it felt nice. 

IC:

"We can probably take a break from splitting wood for a few minutes." Krayn commented, stepping back once the fire began to grow to its proper size. He started sorting the piles of wood by size, occasionally breaking one into smaller pieces. "You warm up."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: An expression of bemusement--

Then amusement, as the street was filled by an warm chuckle. "Boring? Well, I suppose you could say that, sometimes." he offered, throwing a nonchalant shrug Chivinx's way as he turned, scanning the horizon behind the sole member of the strange species in front of him. "Echelon and his cronies do keep this place more in line than you would think. Anyways..."

He folded his own, burlier arms, mirroring the exoskeltoned being across from him.

"What I was asking, bug-man, is if you're looking to fight. If that's the case..."

The smirk widened, baring teeth.

"I'm happy to oblige."

helo frens

Chivinix looked over his shoulder, confused by what this Ko-toa might be looking at. With a shrug he turned back to Sigmund, head cocking to the side

"What is a Echelon?" He asks of Sigmund, confusion evident in his voice. However as Sigmund continues, speaking of fighting, a shrill clicking fills the crisp air between them

"Chivinix have no interest in killing Icy toa. People of land frown upon eating those they consider sentient. As such Killing icy toa would not benefit Chivinix at all." He explains to Sigmund, much like he would explain why snow is cold, a given fact "But Chivnix will..." he pauses as he tries to find the proper term for what he is proposing "Spar? Chivinix believes that is what people of island call false fight?"

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: He shook his head, as if an uncle correcting the misconceptions of his young nephew.  

"If your head isn't in it, there'd be just as little point as you trying to kill me. But..."

He placed one hand on his chin, appraising Chivinx as though he were some sort of sculpture, or perhaps a cut of meat. Despite what he'd just said, he couldn't deny the offer being... interesting.

"I can't say I've ever fought, or even met, somebody quite like you before, Buggy. If you really feel up for that, I think I'd be happy to make things exciting around here."

helo frens

"Chivinix does not find this surprising. Chivinix is last of kind, had to fight rest of Chivinix to receive right to explore land outside of cave. Was a feast that night." He claims, a sort of fond tone creeping into his voice. "Chivinix would eagerly spar, for Chivinix has not had a fight in long time. Though Chivinix won't use wings, make it fair for ground-bound toa."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu