BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"It's fine." Krayn commented to Arankhe, stepping back from the fireplace again to let the heat spread more easily into the room. "You and Skyra can both warm up. The warmth should spread soon, but we'll likely want to congregate on this floor, anyway."

"Skyra, I'd recommend a scarf next time you go out."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Scarves? 

I knew Krayn probably didn't mean too, but it reminded me of a certain someone. However, a scarf was actually starting to sound appealing, and I was fairly certain there had to be at least one scarf somewhere in the building. 

"Yeah...I think I might just do that." I said as I sat by the fire, content to let soak up as much heat as possible. It was starting to make me feel a little drowsy though, not that I would have minded a nap, but we did have work to do...in a bit.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Might be wise." Without the pressing need to leave the building any time soon, the De-Toa slipped his guitar case off of his back and leaned it against the wall. He was satisfied with his handiwork; the fire was sustaining itself nicely, though he would need to break up a few more beds later and hopefully obtain some actual firewood. But for now, things were set.

"Don't go drifting off, Daring."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Kale Ironshaper "Sen"- Ko-koro- Aggressor Base

IC: "Roof and walls are all fixed up." Kale said as he entered the room, unbuckling his bandoliers of knives and leaving them to float over to a corner. "I see you all have started setting up in here. Now that we are all together again this seems like the best time to plan our next move."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: 

When Krayn spoke my name it startled me, "I uh...was just resting my eyes for a second." As Kale came in the room I nodded in agreement, "That would seem to be the best course of action." Of course, deciding how to go about finding the hostages was easier said than done, and snooping around where we shouldn't or asking the wrong questions to the wrong people could get us killed or worse. We had to go about it carefully. 

"Where would they hide the hostages?"

IC: "Somewhere secure of course.". Kale said as he sat down near the fire. "Which means somewhere in the Sanctum.  So we either need to find a way in there without being detected or some way to look around while staying outside."

"I don't suppose anybody brought an Iden or an Akaku?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:Arankhe

Arankhe sat down by the fire, unlatching and removing her helmet, placing it beside her. People were planning.

"We don't want to go looking for them right away. Before we start making guesses, we should get acquainted with the place. Where everything is , where people here go, where people of interest spend most of their time, things like that. So we know our surroundings, and know best where they might keep them. If we start snooping around in random nooks and crannies people will get suspicious fast, and chances are they're a little suspicious of us now." She looked up.

"Just a suggestion."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

"I don't believe we have access to either." The De-Toa leaned against the wall, a few steps back from the table as he regarded his teammates thoughtfully. The whereabouts of the hostages, beyond a shadow of a doubt, was one of their top priorities. It was also the biggest question.

"We can't assume for certain that they're in the Sanctum, either. Echelon doesn't need them close to hand. The fact that he has hostages is his deterrent. The only time he would need them close to hand is if an army is already at his door, and if one already is, they won't do him any good." Krayn shook his head. "No, Echelon's going to do his best to keep them somewhere that no one can find them, and no one can get to them. Arankhe is right. We don't know enough to go snooping around the Sanctum."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "They don't need to be nearby, true. But the Sanctum also happens to be their center of power. It's stuffed full of Echelon's most trusted people  Not to mention his most powerful. It makes the most sense to keep them there."

"However," He said, holding a hand up. "You are right. We need more information about the town at large. Escape routes, centers of guard activity and anything that might be handy to the attacking forces once the other Koros march on this place. We should start small and work our way up."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Yes, true. Knowledge is power." She looked at her shield, which she had kept on her for some reason.

"But as Krayn said, for all we know they could be elsewhere. We know the Sanctum is secure. We know it's a solid place for keeping them. But at the same time, they may have thought of this--and I don't think we can count out the possibility that they have--and moved them elsewhere, somewhere we wouldn't expect them to be. We may spend ages trying to locate them inside the Sanctum, when they could be in some unassuming old house."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro

I stepped outside the Sanctum doors. When they toa of iron appeared, Kohra had blown them apart, but now they were under repair. No sense letting just anybody walk into our meetings or to poke their noses around. Maintaining chaos in a preferred order was a balancing act. The Sanctum was certainly a matter of restraining and controlling. The streets on the other hand were a slightly different beast.

I was quickly reminded of how I hated the cold. I found myself wishing we had taken over somewhere nicer like Ga-Koro or Le-Koro. The instability of Ko-Koro made it too appetizing a target however, and of course Echelon opted for the tower of ice - with next to no sunlight which I needed to maintain optimal performance as Nightfall's medic. I would be the first to admit I (and my insect horde which breeds upon my skin) were certainly at some sort of disadvantage here in this climate. My team should make up for it however. Talk about a balancing act. Maintaining the proper dynamics of Nightfall was a whole other game. One I was happy to let Echelon play instead of myself.

While standing above the steps, I opened my arms wide and said, "To the new inhabitants of Ko-Koro! Echelon and his Nightfall bring you news!"  I gestured to myself while people began to gather at my feet. Echelon might have been the dramatic, but I was not one to shy away from the attention I was now basking in,"For too long we have been shut out from Mata-Nui and her people! They look upon you and I like rejects or rogues!" I point out over the homes and gates of the village; to the outside world, "But we see your potential!"

My companions began to join me, Ambages no longer in tow behind us, "We know what it means to be cast aside. Mata-Nui doesn't want us! They think we're dogs!" My voice becomes shrill on 'dogs' for a moment, but returns to the melodious tone I usually speak with, "But we know you are more than a whipping boy! You are the most resilient and resourceful in all the island! And that a is fact which we intend to make known."

"When we took Ko-Koro, we were unsure of her riches," I said, noticing a sudden perk of interest from the listeners below, "We have finished counting, and noticed that the vaults contain far more than we could ever need," I gesture to the sides of the street as carriages slow into position, "And so, we have decided to give to you - the blasphemes of the world - in hopes that you may rise above your lesser brethren of Mata-Nui!"

I gave a curtsy, "As many of you have given half your lives for us, we will give you half the vault's riches!" People began crowding the carts as our men and women were tossing bags of widgets into the people. I placed both hands behind my back and gave a look of warning, "Spend it wisely my friends, as the abusing powerful of Mata-Nui would quickly take it back from you in a heartbeat to further their own causes."

And with a final raise of my hands I yell, "Be prosperous!" and everybody quickly swarms the carts.

About to turn around, I pretended to remember something, "One more thing!" my tone darkens, "If any here are harboring plots or plotters against the stability of this Koro, an example of you will be made, most likely with Karnakie's axe passing through your throat," Those who have received their prizes are watching me intently again, "However, bring to us said schemers and you will be handsomely rewarded," I pause one last time, "There is more than money in those banks."

With my duty done, I begin walking down the steps and away from the Citadel.

OOC:
TL;DR:
The Nightfall has given half their earnings from Ko-Koro's money-vaults to the new inhabitants of Ko-Koro, and offered rewards for those who prevent trouble from befalling the village or Nightfall

Agrona (and Toros in tow) open for interaction.

• Upvote 6

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dayeth - Outside Sanctum.

"It seems our faith has been rewarded," she commented to Dravennica as she waited for the healer to finish with the Toa. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Celphrithia, Dravennica, and Shredder - Ko-Koro (Sanctum Steps)

"You're a... healer?" asked the Ko-Toa.

"No... I just like to tell all of the injured people I come across that I am one so I can see their faces when they find out I'm not," said the De-Turaga as she pointed towards her mask. "As for this? This is actually a Kanohi of Snark."

"And what do... you want in... return for your... services?" Dravennica asked, slightly annoyed by the display of sarcasm.

A small chuckle escaped from the healer's throat.

"Why, you must be blinder than I am if you're asking such a silly question, dear. Probably deafer too," she continued, attempting to stifle a cough as she did so. "If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm old. While my mind may be pledged to Makuta, I'm afraid he has little use for these aching bones of mine nowadays, as they can't deliver his wrath like they used to. So I do what I can in order to show that I am still loyal, and thankfully, his other followers have the tendency to get themselves wounded every so often. In other words, I'm willing to heal the two of you so you can still continue doing what I cannot. Now, do you have any other questions, or can I get to work? Legacy's apparently starting to pass out money, and I'd like to get my hands on some of it before it's all gone..."

The Toa of Ice quickly nodded in silence, giving the healer the permission she needed to begin.

"There we are," the De-Turaga exclaimed, sitting herself down on one of the steps to rest. "Good as new. Granted, there's going to be some scarring, but the vast majority of it should be hidden beneath your armor."

Dravennica unsheathed her sword, staring at the reflection of herself displayed across the surface of the blade. Satisfied with her appearance and swearing that she looked just as good as she did before she had previously left the village, she nodded before returning her weapon to the sheathe strapped on her back.

"You have my thanks," she said, glancing towards the other medic in her company before continuing. "Both of you. I'll be sure repay the debt with the blood of Makuta's enemies the next time I have the chance."

"Don't go off and get yourself injured again too quickly, now. I'm affraid I'm not as... energetic as I used to be."

Her grin widening as she hoisted the unconcious form of Celphrithia onto her shoulder, she turned back to Dayeth.

"What do you say we grab ourselves some of those widgets Legacy's passing around? It would be easier to obtain them now as they might be all gone by the time I'm done with my... prisoner."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Dayeth.

"Sounds good to me." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Iniega

"Would somebody high-up enough in the hierarchy even frequent bars though?" asked the disguised Ga-Toa as she entered.

IC:

"Perhaps, perhaps not. But somebody that knows them or is associated with them more than likely does. Either way it's worth a try." 

IC (Rorg)

Agrona's speech is far from eloquent, but it accomplishes its purpose. Those men who populate this village now are bound mostly by coin. By displaying our wealth (and our generosity), we give them reason enough to join our cause and fight to keep this Koro under us: we are more benevolent to their kind than any Akiri ever will be.

IC Shishio

For one such as him, money was no more than a means to an end. The obsession some had with it was vaguely disgusting and alien to him. So, when the new owners of the frozen fortress city took to distributing the spoils of the town as a means of control, he took no more than a cursory bag of the coins. Enough for his basic needs and little more.

Leaving the ravenous crowd, he took to walking the streets of Ko-Koro. He was still new to the city, mapping out the crisscrossing and webbing streets, alleys and causeways, the anatomy of the city. Near the end of his walk he shifted over to a familiar street, the one that took him to his newly adopted home. Only today, an unfamiliar sight was to be seen. A tall insectoid creature and one of the native warriors of the island, a Toa of Ice by the looks of him. The alien beat of the insect's blood perturbed him, his gait and short bursts of flight were novel and interesting. Still at a distance he was little more than an unnoticeable observer. Behind him an empty and boarded up house stood, a weathered and comfortable chair, no doubt owned and used for a long period of time by the home's previous occupants stood on it's porch. He took the seat and focused on the pair in the distance.

OOC

That's Chivinix and Sigmund

...but close to it

IC: An open bark of laughter.

"I appreciate the courtesy. In that case, I won't turn you into a popsicle." he replied, nodding in acknowledgement of the start of an honorable duel between men, instead of a random fight.

He spread his arms wide in open challenge, and the temperature around them seemed to drop a degree or two further.

"Okay, Buggy. Let's dance."

helo frens

IC: Chivinix

The slight change in temperature was lost on chivinix, as his kind was created to withstand both extremes of cold and heat. He hunched down low, his four hands splayed out before him, waiting for a moment to strike. Oddly none of the hands went for the Kunai tied around his waist, which would seem to be his only weapon.

He dashed forward towards Sigmund, as if intending to tackle him.

Toa will likely dodge, or create obstacle in path with ice. Must be ready to jump and try to end up behind him. Slice at back if chance arises.

The Chivinix mentally planned, assuming his foe wasn't able to read minds... afterall he hadn't run into one that could yet, surely there wouldn't be one.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Bars are risky. Even in a place like this, you have the people acting on principle, and the people acting out self-interest." Krayn crossed his arms, tapping his bicep with a finger absentmindedly. "Someone acting on principle can be trusted to be true to themselves. Someone hanging around in a Ko-Koran bar, in this environment, is more likely out for himself. Even if they know something, turning one of us in will net them a reward far outweighing the risks of trying to lure us in."

"Finding a way to scope out the Sanctum would be best, but we're not that lucky. Echelon's managed to create a lot of loyalty, out of faith, fear, and greed. Finding someone weak-willed enough to tell us what we want, while also knowing the information we want, is going to be a challenge."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"So. We've landed ourselves deep in this pit, don't know how to get ourselves out reliably, let alone get the hostages out even unreliably, don't know where they are in the first place and don't know how to get information without giving ourselves away. Tremendous." She sighed, thinking.

"I have two ideas. Both risky. First, we pretend to actually join them and use that to gain information, or, we act as proper mercs, doing things people offer to pay us for, try and find out little bits as we go."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC:

"Actually Arankhe, I was thinking we could do both." I began, looking at the others as we all gathered around the fire. "Some of us could join them, and the rest of us can be ordinary mercs. That way we could get information both ways." 

"Of course, joining their ranks is a tremendous risk...only those of us who feel up to the task should even consider something like that."

IC: "There is another option, one somewhat less risky. Get as close to the Sanctum as we can without being noticed and settle in for some meditation. Scope out the building using elemental senses. It will give us a rough picture at best but as far as I know nobody could detect it."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

"Elemental ability. Hm. Wonder what that's like." She thought aloud, before looking up again.

"I doubt I could pull off the 'joining them' part, I think I should stay as a mercenary."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC:

"Skyra has Destiny." Krayn gestured towards the roof. "We're high enough up that Destiny could land, take on passengers, and take off. Completely bypasses the wall. Two or three people could get out that way. Otherwise, the gates are the only way in or out without scaling the wall. The rest of us will have to get out that way, somehow."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "I should be able to detect where people are and their rough size. Not much metal in there to mess me up.". He rumaged through his bag for a minute before pulling out three maps of the koro as well as several blank pages. 

"While we are here we might as well update the maps of this place. Anything different should be

marked down. Anything from a ruined house to new defences that these people put up. The blank pages are for when we check out the Sanctum. Even if all we get is a rough floor plan, it may be invaluable while planning a breakout."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Then if things get bad, we send Kale, Skyra, and Four out on Destiny." The former Lieutenant stated decisively, after pausing a moment for thought. His brief survey of the room, of the people he was working with, made the conclusion obvious. "Arankhe, Rynekk, and myself will escape over the wall. Arankhe can launch us up, and one of us can carry a rope over for her to climb over."

"If it comes to that, we'll fall back to here if we can for Destiny to be able to land and take off without danger. If we can't make it here, we'll find the tallest, defensible building we can. Once they're gone the rest of us will make for the wall." He quieted as Kale set the papers on the table, nodding in affirmation of his plan. "And anything on those will go with Kale. Getting them to the Koros could be critical."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "No reason to stick around." Kale said, getting up and retrieving his knives as well as one of the map and paper sets.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

She closed her eyes for a moment, exhaling audibly but otherwise quietly, before opening her eyes, picking up her helmet and putting it back on, securing it in place.

"What should I do?"

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

IC: Veteran - Obsidian Outpost.

While Zero conversed with the new arrivals, Veteran wandered back inside, looking for something to drink.