Jump to content
Nuju Metru

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Recommended Posts

IC: Savana

 

"The others in the city," I said, still not relaxing my guarded poise, and cocked my head in the direction of the noise. "And I don't know anything about what's going on."

 

Most of my focus was on analyzing the man, his twitching muscles, his brilliant eyes that cut into me like plasma, his atramentous garb, and the inflection of his voice. He seemed scared, but that wasn't exactly it—this man wasn't scared easily. He was acting like a great bear, fresh out of its den and on edge. I was not something, someone, he reckoned to anticipate. I was the anomaly. 

 

The rest of my focus was wondering if I could penetrate his thick armour with my machete if I needed to protect myself. In all likelihood, I wouldn't even be able to draw my blade from its scabbard before he was upon me. I'd have to make sure it didn't come to that. I had to throw a bone, as it were.

 

"My name is Savana."


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn

 

Korruhn hesitated. He did not sense a threat from this Toa, and relief rushed through him knowing that his work was safe. But, it had been so long since he'd greeted someone, he stumbled slightly on his reply.

 

"Korruhn," he said, his head turning to better hear the sounds at which Savana pointed. "I hadn't noticed. All sorts of noises around here since the Legacy heathens arrived. Why are you in Ko-Koro? This is not a safe part of Mata Nui anymore."

Edited by Crimson Jester

Wormlust.jpg


BZPRPG Profiles: Korruhn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Savana

 

To answer his question I simply shrugged. "No place is safe anymore, Korruhn."I relaxed, slightly, at him calling them heathens, assuaged by his apparent concern for my safety, but my blood still flowed so quickly I feared he could hear it.

 

But my trepidation rose anew. "If they are heathens to you," I said, slowly again, "what do you believe in?" I twitched a finger at the runes on his visage. "Are you a priest?"


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn

 

"I learned long ago, Savana, that light and dark are not to compete, but coexist. As there must be light, there must be darkness. I have felt the icy embrace of the Makuta. These mountains whisper of his power." His tone was quiet and jagged as the frozen winds of Ko-Wahi. "I seek to harness that power, and drive the scum from the lands of Kopaka."


Wormlust.jpg


BZPRPG Profiles: Korruhn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Savana

 

"So, more like a druid, then. That's neat." My hand finally left the machete grip and returned to my side, since he wasn't going to kill me after all. Not an evildoer, but definitely not a hero. More of the grey type, and mystic, too, if his runes and mysterious persona meant anything. I could get behind that. 

 

I mean literally. This dude was huge.

 

Tic. Toc. Tic. Toc. 

 

We still stood still. It's like one of us expected the other to make some sort of move, or we were just that awful at having conversations and ending them (and if that's the case I'd argue he's worse than I am), so we just waited, and with our hunter's patience we could have waited for a long time. Luckily, I have a habit of breaking monotony for fun.

 

"You must not get out much. This is a special occasion for you," I narrated.


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro - Abandoned Home

 

"You have consumed alcohol." Pae continued flatly, "One of us should stay to secure this home, while the two go."

 

IC: 

 

"I'm a sniper," Nika said, slinging the backpack over one shoulder. "My job is observation from afar. Best suited to this mission."

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Aparangi & Rewera - The late architect's hut]:

 

"Home, sweet home." Aparangi quietly announced as their small group arrived in Ambage's living room. He glanced at Kythera. "Well...somebodies home, anyway."

 

Rewera took a look around, then listened carefully. "Something's happening in the distance. Sounds like a fight with a crowd."

 

Aparangi's eyes narrowed. "Have the other Koro made their move, then?"

 

She shook her head. "No. It's a crowd, but most aren't fighting. There's not nearly enough noise for it." With a shrug, she added: "We should get going."

 

"Just like that?" Aparangi asked, not really surprised, but more to confirm their plan again."

 

"Yup. Straight out the door like we own the place. We'll fit right in. Anybody asks and you just grow a second Kanohi on your forearm or something."

 

"Gross." He commented.

 

"Yeah, well, try watching somebody do that for a millennium and then get back to me." she shot back, though the barb was dull and not in earnest.

 

"It's not as gross as Tupua and his wounds."

 

Rewera didn't reply, merely pushing him towards the front door. A minute later, they were walking down the street outside, looking very much the part of mercenaries and Makuta followers. 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro - Abandoned Home

 

"I will go with Nika," Pae said matter-of-fact-ly, "His blood-alcohol is higher than ours. I will make up for errors."

Edited by Palm

[]BZPRPG Profiles[[]FACTION[]

METATRONLIVES2.png.da62b3c9ce88e204853411829432d3e1.png

M   E   T   A   T   R   O   N        L   I   V   E   S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro - Abandoned Home

 

Pae gave Jin a blanker look than ever previously, before narrowing his eyes just slightly. He looked to Nika and adjusted his belt, removing both protosteel hammers from their holsters. "Ready."

Edited by Palm

[]BZPRPG Profiles[[]FACTION[]

METATRONLIVES2.png.da62b3c9ce88e204853411829432d3e1.png

M   E   T   A   T   R   O   N        L   I   V   E   S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Kehua & Tupua from Po-Wahi.

IC [Kehua & Tupua]:

 

Two figures emerged from the snowy drifts. One almost titan-like in comparison to the slim one walking next to him, wrapped in a black cloak. Both were hooded, their faces hidden in shadow. 

 

"Are you sure the others will be here?" the thin one asked. His voice was thin, almost like the wind tugging at their hoods. The titan slightly turned his head. "Of course."

 

"You can feel it too, can't you?" Kehua asked. "This village reeks of the shadows."

 

"Yes." Tupua replied, lifting one shoulder to adjust the strap securing a long, bladed weapon to his back.

 

"So I bet the others sensed it too and came here. There's no better place for him to hide than here."

 

Tupua frowned, but nodded. "Agreed." After a pause, he added. "It's almost funny. When these followers of Makuta were spread out all over, we could have searched for ages and not found anybody. But now that they've taken over this entire village, we finally have a target area - if we are not mistaken."

 

"Not this time." Kehua said, confidently. Ahead, they could see the wall surrounding the village begin to take clear shape. 

 

"Plans how to get in?" 

 

The large Toa shrugged. "I thought I'd just walk through the wall."

  • Upvote 1

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro - Abandoned Home

 

Pae gave Jin a blanker look than ever previously, before narrowing his eyes just slightly. He looked to Nika and adjusted his belt, removing both protosteel hammers from their holsters. "Ready."

 

 

IC:

 

"Then let's go," Nika said, slipping an arm through the other strap of his knapsack. The two of them stepped out into cold night.

 

Even by Ko-Koro's standards, their trip through the streets was a silent one. Every few steps, Nika felt the compulsion to turn his head and make sure that Pae hadn't dropped dead next to him and he just hadn't noticed anything yet. In fact, by the time the two of them got to the source of the disturbance, the sheer absolute quality of their mutual silence had pushed Nika to the notion that they could probably pass themselves off as one of the Necromancer's zombies and no one would be able to tell the slightest bit of difference. 

 

Did that mean that he still wasn't going to duck behind the closest wall left standing in front of the bridge to the Sanctum before he was seen?

 

Not ###### likely.

 

"Keep watch for me," he said, slipping off his backpack. "Need to find my scope, get a closer look."

 

IC: Ril

 

"I don't think snow shenanigans are weird."

 

IC:

 

"You've obviously never seen enemy sentinels disguised as snowmen before."

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Korruhn

 

The imposing frame of the Toa named Korruhn was frozen in place. He had nearly entirely forgotten how to socialize, an important skill when one must blend in. His entire willpower had been so indomitably focused on his projects that he'd all but forgotten the essential skills of blending in with the average drovel of Mata Nui. All he mustered in response was a grunt.

 

Korruhn looked over Savana again, studying her frame, her eyes, her posture, in a calculating manner in order to assess her usefulness. As much as he didn't want to admit it, a second set of hands, and somebody a little more smooth and suave than himself would be anything but a detriment to his taskings. And this chance meeting couldn't be anything less than fate, less than the wisdom of the Makuta guiding him, bringing this gift to aid him in his efforts.

 

"Uh, yeah," Korruhn motioned down the alley. It was time they move. "I've been on a project. Not much time for anything else. I'm looking for something, Savana. And I need your help to find it."


Wormlust.jpg


BZPRPG Profiles: Korruhn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"I'll travel somewhere warmer to visit." 

 

The former Guardsman gave a faint smile, crossing his arms across his chest and leaning against the wall behind him. He didn't like the cold much more than Skyra. The quiet was nice, Le-Koro used to give him headaches with its parties, but that was all that it really had going for it. Ko-Koro was really appealing because it gave him work to do, goals to strive for. Krayn needed something to keep him occupied for a while.

 

"I think this place is what I need, once we free it. I need to find somewhere that feels like I can stay. Won't find it by going back to where I've been."

 

IC:

"I'll break that finger off, Alfon." The Toa of Plant-Life threatened, biting deeper into her apple and tightening her jacket around her. It was too cold; too cold for people to thrive, let alone plants to grow. Not having plants really bothered her. Even in Ta-Koro or the depths of Po-Wahi there were plants, if you knew where to look. Up here some lonely pines grew where they could find soil, but they were farther and farther in between the deeper you went into the Wahi. They just couldn't get roots down far enough to penetrate the ice.

 

Better to get the job over with.

 

"We don't have a choice of where we dock anyway. Unless we want to sail back and walk to Ko-Koro, we're gonna have to deal with the docks. If there's something there, we deal with it. Let's just get in there."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Savana

 

My lips pursed slightly and my eyes looked off to the side for a few seconds while Korruhn's words percolated into my brain. Umm, come again? I wanted to say, and I had no doubt he could. Still, I maintained my composure and looked back at his invisible face after what seemed like an eternity but probably was just a few seconds.

 

I'm no stranger to weird things, but this was weird. I don't remember any of my past selves waking up standing in a city, meeting a Druid of Darkness, and then being told by that druid that they're needed on a quest of indeterminate nature and duration. But I was eager for a new adventure, and this was both alluring and very weird.

 

"Okay, I'll help. Let's get out of here and fill me in while we walk," I said, already starting to move. 


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"I may have embellished some details," I said. "But even if I've got misgivings about the snow, I gotta admit that Skri's right. Docks might be dangerous, but if we try another route, we risk taking too long. Losing any element of surprise we might still have. I think we have to go for it."

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Inside a Ko-Koro hut with the other Toa Maru]:

 

Korero could see Leah's eyes tighten even more in concentration.

 

"Let's see..." she muttered, focusing on the gathering again. Most of the beings assembled stood still she realized as she zeroed in on the commotion and separated the individual concentrations of liquid in the bodies in her mind, giving her a clearer picture. But the closer she got to the inner circle she noticed the concentration of water becoming larger. It was as if...

 

"I can sense the crowd," she told the Toa of air, "but the center of it is like a puddle with one or two beings moving fast within it."

 

She opened her eyes and stood up. "How many puddles do you know in Ko-Koro that don't immediately freeze over again?"

IC: Stannis Maru

 

Stannis' eyes glistened with realization, a torch in the fog. "It's not a puddle, it's an arena."

 

Slow and purposeful as ever, he heaved his considerable frame off the wall with a shrug and straightened himself out. Everyone knew he wasn't one to overtly demonstrate emotions. Most people thought he was incapable of feelings unless it was writ upon the Wall of Prophesies, but that wasn't true. He felt a great many things even though he didn't always elect to show them; he felt trepidation when he faced Heuani, anxiety when he banished the Makuta, bliss when Sulov embraced him, shame when the team fell apart, and anger... sometimes, as he was only a person despite all the legends around him. 

 

He reached over his shoulder and pulled the halberd out, then planted its pommel on the floor with confidence. A flicker of a grin pulled at his lips before fully holding them in a tight smile, belying the steady tone of his voice. Cautious exuberance; measured relief. 

 

"Oreius is here."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"I don't."

 

Reordin's response to Plagia was sudden and brusque as he lowered Lohkar's spyglass and tossed it, underhand, to the Lesterin captain. The Toa Maru of Ice turned to face the crew and leaned against one of the rails of their illicit escort ship. Small, perfect spiderwebs of frost drew themselves underneath Reo's hands, patterns of the original wood left untouched where his palms were lined in the midst of the ice. Blue eyes - so cold they were likely, and had, freezer burned one or two of the Toa onboard the ship - bounced from Skri to Plagia and back, lingering on the Toa of Plant Life.

 

"Ril is right," the Toa Maru of Ice said. "It takes a real Ko-Koronian to hide in the snow. You lot all stick out, and I'm distinctive even in a place like this. We'd make it off the docks, but every little piece of merc scum from here to the Vault would know about us. I know a better way."

 

Reo paused a second to lay his meaningful, bitter glare on Lohkar again.

 

"You know your way through Three Brothers Throat, pirate?"

 

-Tyler

Edited by April Schwarz

whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

"I understand..." I really did, Ko-koro, despite how fricken cold it was, would give Krayn something Le-koro and Ga-koro couldn't. Krayn liked the peace and quite it could give, which given his element I could kind of understand. Then again, I didn't really like the quiet, I was a fairly loud and outspoken person. It made me wonder if that was part of the reason me and Krayn never got along when we were being trained all those years ago. 

 

At any rate, even if I didn't like it, I would respect Krayn's choice. "Well, as for places you could visit. Ta-koro isn't a bad choice, it's certainly warm." A little too hot and stuff for my taste if I was honest, but it wasn't a bad place to live. 

 

"Onu-koro too I suppose, as long as you don't find yourself trapped in the dark in some tight, enclosing space..." I mentally regretted even bringing that place up, that was my least favorite place in the world!

 

IC: Taleen

 

Three Brothers Throat? Taleen was suddenly paying closer attention, not because the Toa Maru of ice knew of another way, but that she had never heard of this place before. She was a spy and an assassin, so her interest in alternate routes that didn't draw unwanted attention automatically caught her interest. 

 

"You're speaking my language now." 

Edited by D.Va

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro hut]:

 

"My thoughts exactly." the Toa of water agreed. She shot Stannis a quick wink. It was good to see the Toa of Stone back in the present.

 

"It's a big crowd around him though. That leaves the rest of the streets a little emptier. We could go help him..." she said, looking around the other team members, "...or we trust that he can hold his own in a duel for a little longer and use the distraction to our advantage."

 

[Mariko - With Reordin's group]

 

The Aitua had been quiet through the journey, but perked up at hearing the Maru's idea. He wondered how his team were fairing with getting into the village - or if they were still making up their mind. No...they can feel what is going on up here. We're drawn to the dark like moths to flame. They'll be there...

 

Flexing his forearms, he triggered the mechanism in his vambraces, releasing the hidden blades within. After studying them for a moment, they snapped back shut and he stepped up next to Taleen. 

 

"I'm game." he said in agreement.

 

[Tupua & Kehua - Ko-Koro Wall]

 

They had split up. While Kehua had lumbered off, to find a quiet spot to simply use his mask of intangibility to phase through the wall, Tupua continued on towards the gates. He already looked like a wraith, so he decided to play the part and use it to convince the guards he was on the shadows' side. Fortunately, the pair of Skakdi standing guard were convinced by letting some shadowy tendrils play across his fingers. That that was the extent of his control over the dark energy inside him was something he kept to himself as he passed through the gate. 

 

Looking up, he noticed one of the bodies that had been put onto display there as warning. He recognized the Matoran immediately: Apparently the architect had finally gotten on the wrong side of a scheme. The dark Toa savored the small victory quietly as he continued to walk. At the next intersection, he was greeted by the sight of a large figure leaning against an ice pillar, waiting for him. 

 

"What took you so long?" Kehua asked, grinning. 

 

"Stopped to make friends." he replied coldly, continuing to walk.


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

Feel, don't think. 

 

That style had gotten Stannis into a world of conflict with his teammates in the past. Of the Maru, he was usually the first one to know something and the last one to act. That had cost him much of his friendship with Reordin in particular, and the others despised him in their own ways as well for holding truth from them. 

 

The shame he felt from that blasted Stannis like a sandstorm. It was why he fell into exile. Slowness to act. Slowness to recover. Stone never moves on its own, it takes massive energy to inspire it to even budge, and Stannis had spent too long deprived of the energy of his companions. They were his inspiration.

 

He'd failed them and their people in the past, yes. Nothing could alter history. But Stannis wasn't a Chronicler—he remembered when Korero was assigned his Chronicler, oh how that seemed like ancient history—he was ever the Wanderer; his focus was supposed to be on the future. 

 

And he had the power to define that. He felt he needed to act. For once. Act.

 

"Despite his Kanohi, Oreius often forgets his own weakness," he intoned wisely. "He's too determined. If he believes himself alone out there he will struggle against all odds for too long. And we don't know how long he's been at this already." He paused a moment. Reordin would have a plan, impulsive as he was he would think a plan out. 

 

"We only have one shot. Even if we split up, the sight of half of us will tip them off to all our presences." He sighed slightly. "It's clear to me we have to keep Oreius from exhausting himself to death."


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Vohota

 

The giant gate around Ko-Koro built to keep intruders out doesn't work when the intruder can teleport. The Kanohi Kualsi, Great Mask of Quick Travel, wasn't exactly teleportation, but was close.

 

With this mask, climbing Mount Ihu, generally considered a great feat of endurance by the locals, was about as easy as looking at the peak of the mountain, allowing you to see for mios around. Combined with the fact you can see over the Ko-Koro wall from Mount Ihu and the amount of money, time and resources on said wall was completely wasted by a single man.

 

Not that anyone would ever know, no-one ever caught him in the act. No-one ever seemed to be in that one alley, apart from the occasional homeless drunk who would pass it off as a hallucination and the oblivious graffiti artist by the wall that had so much bad art it hurt to look directly at it. Paint doesn't look good on ice.

 

Since modern art is overrated, Vohota emerged from the alley, casually stepping over the corpse that wasn't there yesterday, and tried to pretend he wasn't cold.

 

OOC: Open for interaction.


:infected:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Kalyss's mask rankled. "I wasn't aware this was private property. There aren't exactly any signs out, and if there are, the snow's covered 'em. Where's Ihu-Koro? I'd like to get there before my friend here freezes into a block of ice," she growled over the wind, gesturing to Mura.


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kotak:

 

He jabbed a thumb in the direction of Ihu-Koro.

 

"That way."


Corpus Rahkshi Profiles!

Kat Grim Diode Burn Percy

Aza and Ezec Pentaghast


CORPUS RAHKSHI APPROVED CHARACTERS


Corpus Rahkshi Discord

                                                                                                                                                       

                                                                                           The Unofficial Guide to TBRPG Combat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

While Reordin's eyes lingered on Skrihen, something hardened behind hers.

 

In a fraction of a second her expression turned studiously blank while he spoke, the mercenary listening while the Maru outlined his objections. She finished her apple in a few more bites and hurled the core over the railing, the throw controlled but with a little more energy behind it than was strictly necessary. The Toa of Plant Life drew her coat tighter still and rubbed her hands together and stretching her fingers to punctuate the frigid air with each violent crack.

 

The mercenary turned away from the conversation to walk towards the prow of the ship, keeping the rest just barely in earshot. A tiny little glowvine, a plant she had not created in quite some time, wrapped itself loosely around her fingers.

 

Cold had sunken deep into her bones, now, after a few hours in the Wahi. Not even her coat could keep her warm, and while the drink in her pocket would help in the short term she'd just feel colder. Such chill in her bones wasn't unfamiliar, but it had been quite some time. Misery used to do it, the aura of unhappiness that had been poison to her Mark. Frigidity like this was from a much warmer day, when shadows brought it into the heart of Le-Wahi. She had felt it when the darkness tried to take her, too. 

 

The vine seemed to glow a little brighter before she absorbed it again.

 

It was better to get this job over with.


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro Streets

 

Pae nodded to Nika, faced his back against the wall and continued scanning about, keeping everybody but Nika in his view.


[]BZPRPG Profiles[[]FACTION[]

METATRONLIVES2.png.da62b3c9ce88e204853411829432d3e1.png

M   E   T   A   T   R   O   N        L   I   V   E   S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"It sounds like Ta it is, then."

 

The De-Toa fell silent for a few moments, simply taking in the sounds of the region. Even Ko-Koro, despite its reputation, wasn't silent. Even in the dead of night the wind whistled softly past the buildings, buildings creaked as they settled, and the fire upstairs crackled. Under its new rule things had changed, just a little; there was the distant, faint even to his ears, sound of chaos. Rowdy drunks, bickering in the streets, here and there the sound of metal on metal. They were all carried with the wind, a cacophony woven within the soothing symphony of nature. Tainting it, like a bad taste left behind in your mouth.

 

But it was always there. In a way it felt like it always was. No matter how many times that discordance was defeated, that peace was restored, it cropped back up in some other form. Krayn had stared down the face of Death behind so many visages before, but it was the same glint in every eye. The same feel of darkness, that cacophony on the wind. 

 

He felt tired. Four had seen it before they ever left for Ko-Koro, but he hadn't seen it for himself. The urgency of the situation, the need to act, masked the weariness that settled deep in his chest. It was... Difficult. He knew he wouldn't ever stop trying to do what he could, but it was already so exhausting. So costly. Leaving the Gukko Force hadn't brought him the same peace he hoped it would. He had the same problems, the same struggles, and the same goals. He had removed himself from the people that hated him, surrounded himself with the people that he enjoyed, but he was still in the middle of conflict. Still trying to do the right thing. He was stuck in a cycle, destined to fight, and fight, and fight forever. Rynekk had been right.

 

It was going to be a long time before he had any chance to rest.

 

"I shouldn't be this tired." Krayn commented to no one in particular, looking at the framed badge he pulled out of his pocket. Leaving it in Onu-Koro would have been wiser, but if anyone was checking his pockets... His cover was blown already. Something told him to keep it with him. "Not even out of my two hundreds and I've gotten jaded. Found reasons to avoid more than half villages on the island. Rationalized the weight of my own life twice."

 

"I shouldn't feel so old."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - undetermined Ko-Koro hut]:

 

She nodded. Just because she had mentioned a rather ruthless option - using Oreius as a distraction - didn't mean she liked it very much. But they were still facing a dilemma. If they got Oreius out, they were up against an entire village full of people who would want them dead or at least beaten. And it would be nowhere closer to saving the Matoran still trapped in the village. But if they went for the Matoran first they might lose the Toa of fire. Long odds, even for them. 

 

"Then we better hope Reordin and company show up soon. Once we start this we have to see it through, one way or another."


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

Stannis agreed with Leah's assessment. The element of surprise was on their side, but as soon as it was employed there was no Plan B. 

 

Reordin would have a Plan B.

 

God, how Stannis needed him back. The whole team did. For the moment, though, there was faith—faith in the Maru with him. Stannis looked at Sulov and Korero for their thoughts and lingered his gaze on his little brother. Of the Maru assembled, Korero had the most right to be angry and opinionated, having once been a Ko-Matoran and resident of the city. The Wanderer's grey eyes searched Korero with curious scrutiny before darting back to Sulov. 

 

Having nothing to add, Stannis merely waited for another to speak. 


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Lohkar, aboard the Infernavika)

 

"You know, for a do-gooder, you do 'ave pretty good taste in smugglin' routes," Lohkar replied with a grin. "Aye, I may 'ave used the Three Brothers once or twice."

 

The pirate paused a moment, rubbing the palm of his hand pensively against the worn wood of the ship's wheel.

 

"Since you know the place, I assume you know the risks."

 

IC (Korero, Ko-Koro Maru hideout)

 

"Distraction or no, we still don't know where the hostages are," Korero remarked. "I was closing in, but I still don't know the exact location. Although..."

 

He glanced to Leah.

 

"...with your mask, we might have a chance of finding it quickly."


sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro Streets

 

Pae nodded to Nika, faced his back against the wall and continued scanning about, keeping everybody but Nika in his view.

 

 

IC:

 

The suitcase clunked out of Nika's knapsack louder than he had hoped it would. He cast a glance about him, an automatic response that didn't care whether Pae was supposed to be keeping an eye out, but couldn't see anything in the darkness. He turned his head and looked back at the Sanctum. No, no, there was enough light there for something to be seen. Good. Any closer, and the two of them would have to come up with a cover story, preferably (given their dispositions) one containing a maximum of six words.

 

He popped open the suitcase. Dull orange and gunmetal. He took out a small cylinder -- a sniper's nothing without his scope -- and put it to his eye.

 

"Some kind of ring," Nika said. "They've gathered around in a circle. People moving around in it. Looks like a fight. Having trouble making out who, though."

 

He took the scope away from his eye, stuffed it into his pocket. Stood up. Shut the suitcase, picked it and the bag up with one hand each and held the bag out to Pae.

 

"Take this," he said. "We need to get higher. A secure vantage point. Suggestions on a location?"

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"More than you. Matoro never forget watching Turaga Nuju's assassination - how the killer got right in and out. He had the Sanctum Guard engineers seal a few of the old passageways to make sure no one could ever slip in and out of Ko-Koro that easily again. The Throat was near the top of the list. We didn't advertise it because we wanted to see if we could trap any smugglers or pirates wily enough to know the layout." Reo looked towards Skri, at the other end of the deck, and crossed his arms somewhat defensively, as if on guard from the Toa of Plantlife's silent rebukes. "They were sealed with ice and dense snow, so I can get in and out of there with only a little ruckus. But it's a tight squeeze for a ship regardless. Even so, we'll have to get out on foot and go the last couple miles ourselves."

 

Reordin's handsome face split into a wolfish smile.

 

"But there's a tunnel in the snow, hidden from view by the canyon. The old bootleggers used to use it in the days before Ta-Koro loosened restrictions on Salamander's export. We can take it all the way up to one of the old storehouses in the Prophet's District; the Citadel will practically be within shooting distance."

 

-Tyler


whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"That's the plan, then." The Toa of Plant Life commented, voice barely carrying on the bitterly cold wind. She slipped a hand into her jacket pocket and pulled out a slim flask, slowly unscrewing the top and taking a long swallow. The liquid inside, which she no doubt would decline to name, burned going down but it helped fight the chill lingering in her spine. "Let's get it done."

 

"If there's nothing else, I have prep to do."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro hut]:

 

A mischievous smile started tugging at the corners of her mouth. 

 

"Oh, this is going to be good."

 

Grabbing her staff, she moved next to the entrance door, concentrating on the concentrations of water outside that implied beings in a patrol pattern. One of them would be their best chance to nab an unsuspecting involuntary informant.


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Korero, Ko-Koro Maru hideout)

 

"Wait," said Korero. "Before we move, we need to decide what we're going to do about Oreius."

 

He glanced across to Stannis.

 

"As you said, we have to get him out of there before it's too late. And that means splitting up and going after the hostages simultaneously, or they'll be dead long before we can get to them."

 

The Toa of Air closed his eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath in and out as he steeled himself against the situation. He was well aware that this might be a long shot: there were too many variables to control, and success would depend on all of them. Many lives were at stake, not least those of his Toa-Brothers.

 

"I'll go for Oreius," he said firmly. "With the Hiko I can get him out of there in a heartbeat. You three go after the hostages. All I can tell you is that they're not in the places you'd expect: the Citadel, the Koro vaults...I think the Legacy have deliberately avoided using the most secure places in the city. After all, they're the first places we'd think to look. I think Echelon knows we're coming, so he's hidden them somewhere inconspicuous."

 

He looked back to Leah again.

 

"But they've got to be guarded somehow. Someone must know something."

 

IC (Lohkar, Infernavika)

 

Lohkar nodded his assent.

 

"Sounds like a plan to me."

 

He pulled the Infernavika's wheel to larboard, redirecting her course away from the fjord and its small port.

 

"The Throat's only a couple o' leagues up the coast. With this wind we'll reach it within the hour."


sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...