Jump to content
Nuju Metru

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Recommended Posts

IC:

 

 

The world was dim when Soraph awoke. First she thought she was going blind, then she realized that what little light there was was orange-yellow and flickering; a candle. It was somewhere behind her.

 

 

She began to stir, then realized she wasn't quite able to. It was a large dark room, the corners walled off by stone and iron bars to create a set of four identical cells. They were mostly empty except for one, which reeked and Soraph heard buzzing coming from within. The formation of the cells turned the open area of the room into a rough cross or 'x' shape. At the centre was Soraph, a doorway ahead of her that lead directly to a staircase leading...upwards? It was hard for the Vilda to tell. Soraph tried to assess her position. Her chest lay a few inches off the ground with her hands arms raised; each hand manacled, and connected by steel chain to opposite walls. Her legs and feet fell to the floor behind her.

 

The Daska could hardly move at all. She was stuck, imprisoned. Her wrists ached, almost bled, as they metal dug into them, forcing her arms to suspend her body at the awkward angle she was in over the floor. The position didn't help with her breathing either.

 

Fear welled up inside her. Soraph tried to fight it. She really did. She told herself someone was coming, help was on the way. That the situation wasn't so bad. Maybe she could Willhammer the jailer to free her? Other Dasaka must have been in far worse situations than this and freed themselves. How hard would it be?

 

Then she heard the footsteps. They echoed down the staircase growing leader with each step. They were heavy, accompanied by mutterings and...squealing? 


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Safe house]:

 

As she darted through the open doorway ahead of her, Leah heard the expected sounds of two bits of wall being shattered in quick succession. Knowing her brothers were behind her and had her back let her focus on what came next. They were both immovable object and unstoppable force and it was unlikely most of the guards had faced either - much less both simultaneously.

 

On the far side of the door she found another guard heading out to reinforce the entrance. She caught the Toa in a dead run, eyes widening upon realizing just who was bearing down on them. Without breaking speed, Leah dropped low, staff sliding through her hands and sweeping forward - as if to score a goal in a Kolhii match - but instead aiming for her opponent legs. It caught the Toa in the shins, their own speed giving added momentum and the guard slammed mask-first into the cold floor. Leah came back up and whirled around, stabbing her staff between the downed Toa's shoulder-blades. There was a hoarse gasp as the air was driven from their lungs.

 

Leah paused for a second, listening for the sounds of more approaching guards, but all she heard for the moment were the groans of the one at her feet and the sounds of battle coming from the doorway she had entered through. The Makuta-worshippers had probably expected to catch any attackers in the entrance area and lock them in combat there, allowing time for more guards to take up position in the rooms that lay beyond in case they got through. Which meant there was little time before she would run into a more organized defense. Leah called upon her element once more, trying to find concentrations of liquid water nearby. As with the crowd she'd noticed from inside the hut the Maru had rallied in before, she could sense the water in the organic parts of the beings around her. The opponents in the entrance...her brothers...the guard on the floor...several more spread out in the building...and there, somewhere below, a larger concentration.

 

Gotta find the way down. But how...no time to search every room...

 

She looked around, trying to think of a solution to the issue of not having a map or floor plan and realizing that this would have been no obstacle for Sulov. She spotted crates lining the walls. Not as many as there would be with a warehouse in active use, but still a good number indication plenty of supplies, probably enough to feed both hostages and guards - wait. She could have kicked herself for not immediately thinking of it. Crates. Warehouse. The solution was staring her in the face! Her eyes darted to the floor.

 

The Matoran are below. That means some kind of basement or cavern. And if they hold them down there they'll need a way down big enough to get these supply-crates through, which means...there!

 

Ahead of her she spotted marks on the floor, long scratches leaving a trail across the room - like one might get from pushing or dragging a crate. They would lead her where she needed to go. Leah threw one glance back at the door, then followed the trail deeper into the building. Soon she found what she was looking for: a ramp leading down to a sub-level. At its bottom was another doorway. Using her powers once more, she made sure nobody was waiting right behind it, then she slipped inside.


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Aiduro--

The storm was getting stronger, somehow.  And those Toa's arms didn't seem to be crushing.

Aiduro summoned more of his Toa power and made a slightly more exaggerated crushing gesture; if he could at least get that done, then he'd be OK with issuing a strategic withdrawal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Awake, are you?" Maeloc's voice rang out in the cell block. "I'm sorry I couldn't arrange better lodgings for you, but... well, I take it a bit personally when people poke around in my head."

 

He was carrying his staff, its false spade head restored. In his other hand, he held her Kanohi. "You walk and talk like a Toa, I figured confiscating your mask would reduce your powers like one. If not, Fyura here has something that will amend that issue... permanently."

 

The towering skakdi behind him did not look as manic as usual. In fact, she looked almost somber, if anything. She was without most of her equipment, but she did hold a squirming, wriggling creature much like the one attached to her spine; she cooed at it, and stroked the Parakuka's spines, but holding a firm grip whenever it lunged at the turaga in front of them. It was frightened, and angry, but sensed its brother on her spine.

 

The Legacy Turaga unlocked the cage and let it swing wide. "You expressed some interest in these creatures before; I'll let you two get acquainted with each other. Fyura, contain her. She doesn't leave this room." He quickly scurried out; he had heard what happened with the first parakuka, and what had become of Mata Nui's original turaga. It did not appeal to him at all.

 

With a squeal, the parakuka jumped out of Fyura's grasp. It twitched about on the floor before surging towards the nearest source of energy.


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nokhann

 

Meditation in these conditions had proven to be a lot like balancing a boulder on a handful of twigs.

 

Actually, no. That had been easier. That he had been able to do for at least a blasted moment. Obviously something was going on outside, judging by the raging storm he could hear overhead, and Nokhann quite accurately predicted that he was of no use to his allies by staying in the hideout any longer.

 

He managed to get himself out of said secret room, albeit awkwardly thanks to his bulky form. The intensity of the snowstorm that greeted him staggered the Toa momentarily, but thankfully it kept the location of the hideaway a secret.

 

Using his Matatu, he shifted the snow in his path off to the sides as he moved forward, hoping it wasn't too late to find his old pals Kaen and Tio.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

When the steam cleared there was silence.

 

The trough was too deep to see down into, not without approaching, and the gathered members of the Legacy dared not. They were ordered not to intervene. Or, perhaps, for a more practical reason; if it was Oreius alive within it, and the Toa of Iron slain, they wanted someone else to approach the Maru first.

 

Eisen's shield arced up and out of the trench, with the Toa of Fire speared upon it, and dropped none-too-gently to the icy ground. Eisen himself followed; propelled out by his mask to land with one boot upon his fallen foe. Oreius Maru was alive, the puffs of steam escaping his open mouth proved as much, but it was hard to tell anything beyond that. The ground beneath him was stained red and he no longer moved in defiance, not even to try and push the shield off of his body, but it was clear that its spikes had pierced deeply. The Fe-Toa surveyed the crowd that had gathered to watch calmly, taking a moment to control his own breathing.

 

A single tug freed his shield form the Toa, jammed point down into the snow to bare its surface for the onlookers to see. Only then did he address the crowd, resting the tip of his sword next to the Maru's neck. He felt elation, whether he showed it or not; the rush of victory was hard to ignore but he could not let it closd his judgement. A blizzard had swept in within moments, obscuring vision and threatening the village of Ice with a deep snowfall. That wasn't uncommon. But it could not have arrived so quickly. If Oreius was here...

 

"This Toa is defeated!" He stated, raising his voice for the first time to be heard above the wind. "But his allies are somewhere in this village! I have shown you that these champions can be slain, now go and show me that you can do the same. Find them and kill them."

 

His orders given, he turned his attention to the attendant members of Echelon's inner circle.

 

"Agrona, if you would stitch this shoulder wound. His corpse will be yours to do with as you will, in a moment. I need the rest of you to check on the hostages."

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Upvote 2

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tio

 

Time was short, I was now locked in a battle of wills against this one toa of iron, while his friends could outflank and kill us the moment we let up. As much as I loathed it my greatest hope was that the Toa Maru would arrived, as much as I had disdain for Mata Nui's chosen ones. Relying on the storm to keep them pinned, I made my attempt to resist the magnetic pull of the toa of iron and retreat backwards. Hopefully I'd disappear into the snow if I backed off enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Korero, Ko-Koro square)

 

The wind picked up further. The flurries of snow fell more violently, whipped this way and that by violent gusts. What had been a blizzard now felt like a hurricane: people struggled to keep their footing against the air that battered at them. Some staggered, some slid, some fell. With unnatural precision, the winds drove half the crowd one way, half the other, cutting a path through their ranks to the battleground at the centre of the square. Above the howling of the wind, another sound became audible: a scream of rage.

 

Korero Maru came hurtling out of the snow, sprinting full tilt through the parted crowd. With an animal roar, the Toa Maru released control of the winds and instead sent a battering ram of air hurtling at Eisen. It caught the Toa of Iron squarely in the chest and flung him away like a ragdoll.

 

Freed from the driving winds, the crowd were regaining their footing. Weapons were being drawn. The long barrel of Rorg's rifle was rising to catch him in its sights. Korero knew he had seconds at most.

 

With a leap, he closed the distance to Oreius. His outstretched palm landed on red armour, slick with warm blood.

 

He chose the destination instinctively: Le-Koro. Home. The snow around them, on the ground and in the air, gave way to a brighter white.

 

OOC: Korero and Oreius to Le-Wahi

Edited by Ghosthands
  • Upvote 3

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: (Kaen)

The Toa of Air winced. The situation wasn't exactly...comfortable. A thought occured to him: if he used his mask power and went invisible, Aiduro might lose focus with the combined distraction of the snowstorm and be unable to locate him, freeing the Toa of Air from his grip and giving him a chance to escape. The resulting confusion would probably allow Tio the same reprieve. He activated his Volitak and his visage faded from sight. God, I hope this works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Aiduro--

Kaen slipped from sight, no doubt due to the power of the Volitak.  Aiduro's concentration increased; invisible targets tended to require extra concentration.  He still indirectly felt his power gripping Kaen, and Rore's arms still weren't being crushed.

Mustering as much force as he could, the reserves of which were slipping away, he brought his hands together in his strongest crushing motion yet.  If this didn't get them, then... well, he didn't want to think of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nokhann

 

He wouldn't admit to himself that he felt like an absolute idiot for sitting around so long. But that was only a symptom of the deeper root denial, a rather simple one. He couldn't bring himself to accept that he was getting old. He didn't have that bite anymore, the quick thinking he had been so modest about in his younger years.

 

And now he felt like a blind Rahi during its final days, struggling desperately through the vicious winds. Pessimism intersected with reason around these parts. Kaen and Tio were most likely gone or dead.

 

The snow continued to move aside.

 

His trailcutting soon led him to a wide stretch of shallow footprints, nearly completely disguised by the snow. And right on the edge of his hearing, Nokhann thought he could make out some voices, a handful of movements less desperate but more purposeful playing on the wind.

 

So he did the only thing he could do, the one thing he never did. He followed someone else's path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Rorg)

 

I swing my rifle around. The wind rises, but I do not allow it to check me: I stand my ground and raise the scope to my sights. I see a green blur, like a leaf in the wind. My finger tightens on the trigger. Then it is gone.

 

So. The Maru was not as alone as he pretended to be. This does not surprise me, and it does not surprise me to lower my sights and see the red body gone. Agrona stands over only a stain on the snow, and that is two Maru accounted for. Four remain.

 

My thermal vision brings colour to the blizzard; I scan the village to see flickering shapes in the shadows, on the rooftops. Watching. I cannot distinguish between friend and foe, so it is good now that I have no friends. I will fire at Eisen's command.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro Streets

 

"You'll have to wait a moment, Eisen." I had stopped over the Maru's corpse. I was a woman of science, and Eisen's injuries would never be as important as this:

 

Oreius Maru was defeated, and with this, he could not reject my hands.

 

I had swooped in, my cloak billowing at the rising winds - the blizzard nearly at full force - and my fingers clutched at his face, finding space in the slats between his jaw and mask. With the expertise of a surgeon - despite my intense excitement - I carefully removed the mysterious kanohi. The red mask was covered in blood, but without a moment of hesitation, I stuffed it into my cloak. Luckily for me as well, since just as I had done so, the winds whipped, nearly taking the audience off their feet. Just then, Eisen was tossed aside. I tried to retain my position, but I too felt the force of the Korero's winds and was swept to the ground.

And in an instant, they were gone.

I growled, to the others standing by as I regained my footing,
"Do as Eisen says and check the hostages! He wasn't alone!"

I kicked up ice, as I turned sharply on my heel - sliding to a stop at Eisen's side.

 

OOC:
The out-of-order timeline of Agrona stealing the mask has been OK'd by Krayz and by Eyru!

 

Edited by Palm
  • Upvote 2

[]BZPRPG Profiles[[]FACTION[]

METATRONLIVES2.png.da62b3c9ce88e204853411829432d3e1.png

M   E   T   A   T   R   O   N        L   I   V   E   S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

IC: Skyra

 

"Any questions?" Krayn asked.

 

I started to raise my hand when I heard a noise. Krayn must have noticed before me because he was already looking in the direction it came from. I found my hand instinctively reaching for my shotgun, though no one could see that as I was still wrapped in a blanket. 

 

Nobody spoke a work as the footsteps got louder. Was it a friend, or a foe? I had no idea, perhaps Krayn did but I wasn't about to ask him. Maybe Rynekk was back? That would have been great, but I knew that it was unlikely he'd be back so soon, a mask of speed or not. 

 

When the figure responsible for the sounds finally came into view, my theoretical hair stood up on end. Not because he looked particularly threating mind you, but I immediately felt apprehensive when I saw him. I was getting nostalgic vibes from what felt like another era, but not it a good way. 

 

I recognized this Toa, I couldn't recall exactly where I'd seen him but I knew him from somewhere. 

 

"Hope you all don't mind a stranger coming in out of the cold, but if you do I hope a bottle of rum and some coin can change your mind."

 

Well, he wasn't being aggressive, but I still had this feeling in my gut. I looked him over, my brain working overtime trying to figure out why I felt like I'd seen him before...

 

Mark bearer... Ahah! That was it! He'd been a mark bearer at some point! 

 

"I know you!" I shouted this a little louder than I meant to, but I was a little excited that I'd finally figured it out. "You used to be a mark bearer right? Your name is Pre...Preggo...no..." That wasn't quite right. "Praggos, yeah that was it!" 

 

My excitement died down a bit as I recalled not particularly liking this guy. "Come to think of it, you're one of the last people I actually want to see. The ###### you doing here?" 

Edited by D.Va
  • Upvote 3

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Greisk(Toros)/Cyrena

 

It happened so fast.

 

The Maru had looked like he had the upper hand, falling like a flaming meteor towards his adversary. But the Nightfall warrior was victorious, and as he climbed out of the trench, Oreius speared onto the latter's shield, Greisk tasted ash on his mouth. He had been looking forward to seeing one of the Nightfall die.

 

A blizzard came in quickly, too quickly. Eisen spoke then, but Greisk could not hear him over the sound of the snow whipping about.

 

Is he... Dead?

 

Cyrena activated her power, and Greisk's vision changed. He saw through Oreius' body, and while there were plenty of broken bones, severe contusions and heavy bleeding, his heart was still beating.

 

Seems he's fine, for now.

 

For now. They'll kill him! We have to do something!

 

Greisk was about to respond when Eisen stepped over to Agrona, and, by extension, Greisk.

 

"Agrona, if you would stitch this shoulder wound. His corpse will be yours to do with as you will, in a moment. I need the rest of you to check on the hostages."

 

Agrona had replied, but Greisk couldn't hear her over the sound of the wind.

 

Greisk's mind raced. If he could convince Agrona to let him bring the Maru away, this could be his chance to free the Maru, and himself too.

 

No. It's too risky.

 

He'll die!

 

There has to be another way that doesn't involve us failing and dying-

 

Further argument between Toa and Anxilia was cut short as the wind picked up even further. By now, it had become a veritable hurricane, and it was clearly being manipulated. As he watched, the wind slammed through the Legacy onlookers, splitting them down the middle, clearing a very noticeable path from Oreius to the edge of the square-

 

And a green-clad Toa, charging through the crowd towards Eisen.

 

Greisk immediately jumped at Agrona, knocking her out of the way of the charging Toa and the fist of compressed air that he trailed. It smashed into the duellist, knocking him off his feet and sending him rolling across the floor, now slick and frozen after Oreius' powers had melted the snow around the makeshift arena.

 

As the Fa-Toa got up, the green Toa had reached Oreius, who had tumbled out of Eisen's arms. As he watched, the Toa leaped forward and touched the Toa Maru, before they both blinked out of existence.

 

"Do as Eisen says and check the hostages! He wasn't alone!"

 

Unsure if Agrona meant 'Toros' too, Greisk quickly signed,

 

Should I join them?

 

 

---

 

 

IC: Lunefeld - [Rooftop with Sharky and Hakann]

 

Lunefeld wasn't usually given to bouts of amazement, but the duel was surely a thing of beauty. As Oreius struck the ground and Eisen rose out of the cloud of frost with his opponent laying helpless on his shield, he couldn't help but smile.

 

He turned to Sharky, smug but otherwise unsurprised at his prediction. After all, Lunefeld did not triple his fortune in a year by reading underground pit fights wrong.

 

"I'll collect those hundred widgets n-"

 

A strong wind buffeted the perch the trio (and assorted sentient armoured slugs) were on, and Lunefeld had to use his magnetic powers to keep the group firmly in their feet. He expected to wind to let up, but it only became worse. The crime lord was unable to make out Eisen's words from this distance, but putting the bloodthirsty roar of the Legacy troops and the conspicuously stubborn wind together...

 

"We have company."

 

And not a moment too soon. The wind slammed into the crowd, tearing a path through it. Before he knew it, a green clad warrior had sprinted through the pathway to the downed Toa of Fire, and in a blink they were gone.

 

"Hak- sir, it must be the other Maru. Should we assist the Legacy?" Lunefeld inquired, cringing in annoyance at his small but compulsory display of deferrence.

Edited by NorikSigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

Sulov spoke, evenly but earnestly. Stannis heard his friend. His damnably grey eyes caught sight of snowflaked wafting in through the trapdoor at the ceiling and a fleeing heel in the ladder, and Sulov's words were understood. Meanwhile, Leah seemed to surge into action once again as soon as he spoke, quick and certain as her waters as she followed a trail Stannis could not yet discern. 

 

"On it," he said. He knew what was at stake; reinforcements would convene and either attempt to stop the extraction or exterminate the resistance, but in doing so weaken the security of the rest of the city, which Stannis hoped would give Reordin and his cavalry an easy entrance... if he and the others could hold out long enough. Oddly he did not feel any hesitation; things would go as they needed to, their Fate was already long decided. Le the Lesterin deliver his intended message.

 

Confident that his brother focused on sealing the massive holes they had left behind, Stannis looked to just close the trapdoor. He let out a small prayer, quickly speaking with exact terms, before loudly uttering those powerful words "So transpired the legend," and then the trapdoor simply wasn't. The extant snowflakes wafted down in mostly darkness with no sign of where they came from. 

 

Ahead of Leah, a previously locked door was made open, which an instant later she noticed and made use of, to the shock of anyone who thought they were safe behind it. 

 

Stannis mentally tugged on the toa of lightning's stoke shackles, orbs that were reminiscent of former Dark Lieutenant Ronkshou's weapons, and the haplessly pulled toa's face was met by Stannis' unbreakable fist, obliterating the toa's mask and consciousness. He spun his staff in a flourish and walked where Leah had gone.


 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Every squeak the Parakuka made as it crawled towards grated against Soraph's ears. She had seen what these parasites did to people, had watched as one had claimed it's prey back in Ga-Koro. And she'd been told how it fed on the hosts' energy,sucking them dry for years before moving on to another victim.  She pulled and tugged and railed against her chains, desperately wishing to break free though she knew it was impossible. The Dasaka screamed for help but even if anyone heard, no one answered. Fyura stood silently, staring at prey and predator in anticipation. 

 

The Parakuka, which had moved deceptively quickly just a few moments earlier, slowed to a halt as it approached her. Blind, it somehow seemed to sense that it's next victim was powerless to stop it. The oversized slug (even for a Parakuka) resumed moving towards Soraph, ever so delicately, as if it was relishing the experience. Here was prey truly served up on a platter. Not running away, not scratching or stabbing at it. Practically just waiting for it to feed. As it reached her foot it felt her muscles tense and then jerk away. The Dasaka began to twist and turn, desperately contorting her body to keep the Parakuka away. For a few moments her little gambit succeeded, but then the Parakuka heaved itself onto the back of her thigh, trapping her leg beneath the slug's considerable weight. With a small roll it moved onto Soraph's lower back, and then began to crawl upwards.

 

The weight on top of her first pushed Soraph hips, then her belly and finally her chest to the ground as the Parakuka's mouth neared the back of her neck. Trapped between the ice cold floor and the parasite bearing down on her Soraph could barely expand leaving her struggling to breathe. The manacles, strained even more by the Parakuka on top of her, bit into her wrists, leaving a trail of blood down her arms and dripping down beside her.

 

"Please...." Soraph whispered. Whether she was begging Fyura, her captor, or Zuto-Nui, Soraph herself wasn't sure."...please help me.  This doesn't... this doesn't have to happen..."

 

Finally in place the Parakuka paused. It raised it's head, waiting a moment, and in a squeal of delight dove down and bit into the nape of Soraph's neck.

 

There was silence.

 

Then a scream of pain and agony filled the underground jail. Pain tore through the Dasaka's body as if every nerve was on fire all at once. Pair after pair of pincer - over a dozen in all - shot down and pierced Soraph's skin, each one bringing with it a surge of lightening  that coursed through her body. Her back arched and came crashing down with each one, and somehow she could feel them as they dug deeper and wrapped around her spine.

 

Then it stopped. The Parakuka was still and the pain was gone. Soraph hung loosely against the chains.

 

Before darkness took her Soraph heard someone speaking. It was hardly a whisper, seemingly uttered right beside her ear, or perhaps behind her.

 

Oh, what fun we'll have. I'll never, never let you go, never, not you. What great things we'll d. What terrible things we'll do!

  • Upvote 4

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Antidermis on behalf of Toa Fanixe approved by the mods.

 

IC:

 

Fyura thought back to her own encounter with Vayde. She had just killed a stranded Vorahk, in what she was sure would be the most hard-fought battle of her life. Still was, really; as she had been savoring her victory, Vayde had leaped onto her spine. She walked towards the still Dasaka, pulling out an injector from a fold in her armor.

 

Finding a parakuka wasn't always easy; this one had been taken from someone uncooperative. Fyura had asked to finish him off, so she could drain him of any strength he had before he was murdered. But she had been very surprised to find a familiar vial of glowing green liquid on him. She had pocketed it, unsure what to do with it. But, now she thought she had an idea...

 

"Tell you vhat, gurl. You're stringy and small. I was pretty big vhen I got my slug. It vill be our secret, but I can geef you somezing to help..."

 

The skakdi grabbed Soraph by her maskless head and tilted it aside to expose her neck. Vayde urged her to feed, but she instead stabbed the injector into her neck and let the liquid pump into the Dasaka. "Don't zay Auntie Fyura nehfer gave you nothink..."

 

Cyrix remembered a lot less of his past than he would have liked, but considering his team, he considered himself somewhat worldly.

 

But this? Holes in buildings disappearing like they had never been there? If he was paid, he might say this was above his paygrade. "Skorm?" he said as he uncloaked behind his brother, "I think they got this covered."

 

Skorm might have grunted, but the sound was swallowed by the blizzard. "I suppose you're right. I need to get back to Soraph."

 

"Who?"

 

​"A foreign telepath I was escorting here. She was meeting with a few Legacy members to try to ply information about the hostages from them. They were going to... a toystore, if I remember."

 

"The T.O.Y.S. Store!? That place is owned by the Piraka! You let her just go?"

 

Skorm was still for another moment. Probably cursing himself out, Cyrix figured. "Which way is it?"

 

"Just follow me."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

 

The antidermis swirled through Soraph's circulatory system. It moved with purpose, entering this artery and then another, as if it was searching for something. 

 

Soraph liked to think she was, for the most part, a good person. She wanted justice for herself, her mother and her clan. She was generous when she had the funds and tried to treat people with respect and kindness. If that was all, the antidermis would have found an ill-suited host and begun to destroy the psychic.

But that was not all. Soraph also had a thirst for power. More ambition than was wise for Dasaka in her position.  And a deep desire for revenge.

 

These were exactly the kinds of traits that the antidermis could exploit and use, eventually to turn it's victim into a servant of Makuta.

 

Just as it was about to do just that, the antidermis encountered another being. A being of darkness, like itself, with a black heart and corrupt mind. 

 

It chose the Parakuka.

 

Through the connection at Soraph's neck the antidermis left the Dasaka and invaded the parasite on her back. The Parakuka could feel itself begin even as it cemented it's connection with Soraph, it's new host. The Parakuka felt an itch run back and forth across it's spine, and a 'hollow' develop in the corner of his mind. It was a sensation it had never known before, and remained after the itching had disappeared. 

 

A housewarming gift! How thoughtful! it thought to itself. I do think I will enjoy unwrapping this one.

 

Thin veins of green spread across the Parakuka's skin, and the giant the slug even grew a little more in size. It now covered nearly the entire length of Soraph's back, and over half the width.

 

Still unconscious, Soraph began to dream.


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

 

Beyond the entrance to the sub-level, Leah found another short hall, leading to several smaller storage alcoves in the side. The main path though led straight towards another doorway. All in all this was a good place to hole up in. Only one way in and several possible choke points meant intruders could be trapped with little to no cover. But with no prep-time at all for the defenders, the tables had turned in the Maru's favor. At least for now. 

 

Click.

 

She flattened herself against the wall of the corridor and froze in the shadows, staff coming up in a defensive stance as the door she had been quietly approaching seemingly unlocked out of nowhere. It was immediately followed by startled reactions from inside. Their voices carried through, muffled, but discernible.

 

"What in karz...check the door!"

 

"Intruders...use keys?"

 

"...not taking any chances."

 

A split second later, the door glowed red hot and then immediately blew out into the corridor. It was good thinking - had anyone tried to unlock the door manually, they would be a smear down the length of the hallway. That still didn't answer how the door had come to just seemingly open on its own - but if it got her closer to the Matoran she wasn't going to question her luck right now. Nor was there time. As the remains of the door were still tumbling she saw a silhouette appear in the now empty frame. At a glance she realized it was a comically overmuscled Skakdi carrying some kind of launcher roughly the length of its own body, barrel glowing like super-heated plasma. While they were still grinning at their seeming success in disintegrating the door and would-be intruder, she seized the moment and released a blast of water that hit with the force of a charging Kikanalo. The merc's grin was washed away along with the rest of him.

 

Leah stormed into the room. The big one was unconscious on the floor, caught with no time to breathe in or brace themselves. The other was a different story though. Barely back on her feet the Skakdi bellowed and charged at her. A curved blade gleamed in a lightstones glow and came slashing down in an arc. It might have bisected her diagonally from clavicle to hip, had she not sidestepped and redirected the strike with her staff. Sparks flew as the blade raced down its length. Leah tried to knock her opponent back, but the warrior she faced was no fool. Instead of trying to bring her sword back up, she shifted her balance sideways and rammed her shoulder into the Toa's chest, knocking her back instead. Leah found herself off-balance and before she could find her footing again, the Skakdi spun and swept her off her legs. She hit the floor hard with her back and barely managed to hold on to her staff - which was good, because now her opponent was upon her again, bringing the blade down. But it wasn't another strike, it was a stab. Instead of trying to block or deflect the blade again, Leah threw her weapon at her opponent. It was hardly forceful, nor well-aimed. But it did throw the guard's aim off just enough so that she could twist to the side and avoid being mortally pinned to the floor. 

 

Her fingers and toes found purchase on the ground again as she came around. And with room to maneuver again, she leap-rolled forward, out of the blade's range and jumped back on her feet. The Skakdi spat and stared at her with angry eyes as they began to circle each other, waiting for the other to make their next move. Leah moved first, darting forward. The blade came up again, and Leah feigned a dodge to the right. The Skakdi committed to her swing but instead of moving sideways and into the path of her strike, the Toa dropped to one knee, using the wet floor by sliding underneath her arms. Leah's right hand hooked into the hip armor, momentum bringing her behind her opponent. The next instant, the Skakdi found herself on the floor, entangled in a vice of limbs - arms held trapped and useless while legs wrapped around her neck and choked her. She strained, but the Maru only squeezed tighter until the struggling died down and another opponent was incapacitated.

 

On her feet once more, Leah retrieved her staff and continued past the guard-post. She was counting on Sulov to keep track of her via his elemental power. She now was in another storage room, the odd crate stacked against the walls here and there. Judging by the size of the building from the outside, she had to be getting close to where the Matoran were held...


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Well I've been putting off biting this bullet long enough I guess. Sorry for not posting sooner.

 

IC: Tio - FIghting Aiduro and his group

 

He wasn't letting up, and I'd already used my elemental powers plenty. Letting my armour and weaponry get wrecked would be a death sentence though, the guards would press their weapons and number advantage and wipe us out quickly. I had to get out of the toa of irons range before he did any real damage to my equipment though, I wasn't that fond of the dent's he'd already given to my exquisite plating.

 

Letting up on the storm I use the last of my elemental power on the snow below me. A block of ice explodes out from below my feet, catapulting myself away from the group of guards and out of sight, concealed by the blizzard. Hopefully Kaen could find his own method of escape.

 

OOC: Edited for clarity.

Edited by The Invisible Handman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

One more door stood between Leah and the hostages she sought.

 

In the room beyond, the guards' captain — a lone Vortixx mercenary — had heard the unmistakable sounds of his last two men getting being dispatched by the unknown attackers. He cursed viciously under his breath. This was supposed to be a nice, quiet posting. Although the Legacy had warned him to be vigilant, he hadn't counted on the free Koro having the guts to risk their citizens' lives, or their operatives having the smarts to find the warehouse. But clearly he'd been wrong, and he needed a ticket out of here.

 

He cast his eyes around at the Matoran that surrounded him, chained to each other and to metal rings in the walls and floor. The multitude of colours showed that among them were citizens from every Koro, many of them women and children, huddled together in fear and apprehension at the sounds of battle above them. The captain's gaze alighted on one Ga-Matoran, a little taller than the rest and thus closer to his own height. She'll do. He knelt down to unlock the shackles around her ankles while leaving those around her wrists in place, then dragged her unceremoniously to her feet.

 

As she whimpered in fear, he tucked a forearm around her neck and with the other hand drew his sidearm, positioning her in front of him as a meat-shield.

 

"Shhhhh," he hissed in her ear, slowly backing away from the door and pulling her with him. "I'm getting out of here alive, and as long as you don't do anything stupid, so are you. You don't wanna die, do you?"

 

"N-no! Please..." she whimpered as he held the pistol to her right temple.

 

"Of course you don't. So make sure whoever comes through that door understands that."

 

***

 

On the roof of the warehouse, the Le-Lesterin sentry yanked down on the lever. There was a hissing of compressed air and whirring of pumps, and after a few seconds a rising siren tone began to blare out of the device's horn-shaped apertures. The klaxon echoed across the Koro, reaching the ears of Legacy guards from the gate to the Citadel even over the howling of the blizzard. The alarm had been raised. His duty done, the sentry turned to return to the fight — only to find that the trapdoor was gone. No, not gone: it was as if it had never been. In its place were simply wooden boards coated in snow, indistinguishable from the rest of the roof.

 

The Lesterin looked around in confusion. He'd seen some strange things since the Legacy took over Ko-Koro, but this was on a new level.


sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

Eisen chuckled, though the sound came out more as a low growl.

 

It was inconvenient that Oreius Maru lived, but it was not the worst possibility. He had been beaten, and served excellently as a propaganda tool in that regard. He wasn't out of danger, either. The next few hours would be dangerous. The Toa might yet fall, and even if he didn't... He would be out of the action, for a time at least. And he would not be the same when he returned. The Fe-Toa watched Agrona pocket her prize, a satisfied smirk on his face. The fight had been a victory in more ways than one.

 

And the Maru had been forced to tip their hand. At least some of the others were almost certainly within the village.

 

"An excellent prize." He murmured to Agrona when the Lesterin approached, already pulling himself to his feet. Korero's sucker punch had knocked the wind out of him, but had not done any real damage. "I look forward to seeing what you can learn from it."

 

Then an angry whine cut through the air, and his face contorted into a scowl. He had considered the possibility that the Maru would find the hostages, but had not expected them to have done it already. That complicated things. Eisen hauled himself to his feet in an instant, beginning to march in the direction of the safehouse and gesturing for his allies to follow. The makeshift stitched in his shoulder would suffice, for now. Agrona could fix them when the day had been won. He was running the odds in his head already; if the siren had been raised the Maru couldn't have been there long, and for Korero to get his ally to a hospital... There was some time. Not much, but some.

 

"Legacy!" He roared, glancing back over his shoulder. "With me! We have intruders to kill. Anyone that brings me the mask of a Maru will be richly rewarded. Rorg, leave our other guests. We have more pressing concerns. Anyone suspicious tries to follow us, shoot them."

 

His orders given, the dark Toa activated his Kanohi; the Crast's repulsion would be much, much faster for reaching his destination than his own legs. 

 

OOC: Open call to any Legacy aligned characters in the vicinity.

 

IC:

 

Even with the blizzard muffling the outside world, Krayn had heard the approaching footsteps before the others. Disguised as a mercenary, he didn't see much need for restraint; unlike Skyria his weapon was drawn and pointed towards the door in an instant. As it crept open he pulled the hammer back, and considering the sound of the click it may have been amplified by his element just a little. For emphasis. The newcomer certainly didn't look like a friend, definitely wasn't Rynekk returning, and the De-Toa was about to issue his response when he heard the Toa's voice.

 

He didn't lower his revolver, but he did take his finger off the trigger.

 

"Praggos." He greeted, politely but not quite friendly. "Been a while. Take a seat and we can consider whether or not this is going to be an issue."

 

The siren that split the air a second later bordered on deafening, for him at least, and he grimaced.

 

"When it rains it pours. We might need to get moving."

Edited by Krayzikk
  • Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arankhe

Arankhe's sword, like Krayn's revolver, was trained on the figure when they stepped in. Unlike the rest of the group, she was utterly unfamiliar with the individual, and so her attention was drawn considerably more than some by the siren. Lowering her blade some, but not completely, she rose and moved to peer out the window.
"Whatever that is, either someone is pulling a stunt or a counterattack came sooner than expected. Either case, staying here is either going to miss an opportunity or get us killed. Any suggestions?"

Edited by SnowyAegis

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

 

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

 

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Praggos, yeah that was it!" 

 

Well, nice to see somebody remembered my name.

 

"Come to think of it, you're one of the last people I actually want to see. The ###### you doing here?" 

 

Oh dear.

 

"Praggos. Been a while. Take a seat and we can consider whether or not this is going to be an issue."

 

Well, now look what I've gotten my Karzahni-bound self into.

 

"Well, nice to see that I managed to run into..." Friends? No, that wasn't right. Definitely considering the way they all reacted to me. Acquaintances? Not really; I'm not particularly well acquainted with any of them. I don't even have a clue who that person with the sword is. "...allies. I'm assuming you're here to try and free the Koro, yes? That was something I'd discussed with Agni and Merror, before I got separated from them." Hopefully none of them thought I was lying. That would be problematic, because I don't have a clue where Agni or Merror are, so it's not like we could just go ask them for confirmation. Although Krayn at least is generally a reasonable sort.

 

That considered, I inched closer to Krayn, sitting down on the opposite side of him from Skyra - I'd rather dislike it if she decided to act upon the constant threats and comments she was making the last time I saw her - just before the siren went off. "You know, I'd love to explain what happened since the last time you all saw me with Tuara, Utu, Dorian, and Cael, but this doesn't seem like a good time to catch up. Short version, Cael, Utu, Tuara and I all left Dorian, met up with Agni and Merror, and we went to Tu-Koro. Utu's dead, Cael went her own way, Tuara did the same, I stuck with Agni and Merror for a while before I got lost from them in a storm, and then I stumbled my way over here." I peered out one of the windows as well, although I didn't have nearly as good a view as the woman with the sword - before turning back to Krayn.

 

"Whatever you're in the Koro to do, now is probably the time to do it. I suggest you gather up any reinforcements you have - " As if they'll have any. Smart talking there, Praggos. " - and start advancing towards your objective. I'll offer my services as a doctor, if it can help."


Trout? Where?

The Otter has finally returned...
Now in North American River Otter format.

Yay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

 

Lantz had eagerly been watching the fight between Eisen and the Maru. His ally had been so close to avenging their lord Makuta and killing one of the Maru, but the victory had been stolen. The only consolation was that the Maru's mask had been retrieved. And, there was still the chance for Lantz to finish the job next time he saw the fiery Toa.

 

But there was no time to think about that now.

 

The alarms were sounding and Eisen was leading the charge to keep the Matoran hostages trapped. Undoubtedly more of the treacherous Maru would be be trying to free them.

 

With a roar the Toa of Gravity unleashed his elemental power and reduced gravity's hold on him, and started bounding huge leaps behind Eisen.


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

Ally, I supposed that was the appropriate word to describe Praggos. We certainly weren't friends, nor were we enemies. What really got my attention was when he mentioned Agni and Merror. So he got separated from them eh? Well, it was believable, it was pretty easy to get lost in a region like Ko-Wahi everything looks the same...white. 

 

Then came the siren, I immediately stood up, blankets falling off onto the floor. That sound could only mean one thing, Ko-koro was under attack by our friends and allies, it was time to join the fight. 

 

I glanced at Krayn, who was in pain from the noise, we both knew that our time hiding was about to come to a sudden close. It wouldn't be safe to stick around, surely the enemy was on high alert and would combing the city for suspicious people and well...we looked pretty suspicious. 

 

I looked at Praggos once again. It was no secret I didn't like him, but I could tell just by looking at him that he hated what was happening to his city... "Praggos is a lot of things, but he's no friend of Makuta, we can trust him." That felt a little odd to say, but it was true. 

 

"We should go, find out who's attacking the city and help them however we can. Makuta has held this city long enough...time to take it back." 

  • Upvote 1

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

As Eisen floated away, I came jogging up behind him, my sword already unsheathed and ready for battle. "It seems I didn't have to miss out on any of the fun after all," I mused to my ally as I ran beside him. "It has been far too long since my blade tasted blood." The blade itself - just as large as the Toa hovering next to me (they were all quite small, in my opinion) - felt nice to have in my hands again. The weight of it was almost comforting, especially compared to the tedium that came with being one of the co-rulers of this city; unlike some, I wasn't meant to rule, a fact that I eventually came to appreciate. Battle was my true calling in life, the reason Makuta brought me to this island, and my skill in it was the only reason I was still alive. It was time to stop squandering that talent, and to throw myself headlong into my true profession.

 

"Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur," I finished, growling it half to myself more than Eisen. Today is a good day for someone else to die. A sentiment I was sure Eisen could agree with. Ahead of us, I could see our goal growing closer and closer to us. "It's time to make it happen!"

Edited by Lontra Canadensis
  • Upvote 1

Trout? Where?

The Otter has finally returned...
Now in North American River Otter format.

Yay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Though it was faint in the depths of the Sanctum, Fyura heard the klaxon as well. The girl would keep; she'd probably be in a coma for at least a day. This was probably more important. The skakdi closed Soraph's cell and the door behind her as she walked out, hanging her mask on the wall outside with the rest of her belongings.

 

The fe-skakdi was still adjusting her skirt and rearming herself as she rushed outside the Sanctum. Others were rushing off in a singular direction. Fyura didn't like to think of herself as a follower by nature, but she followed anyway, noting that Eisen was gone, and there was blood on the snow where his duel with the Maru had taken place. Something to toast to later, she supposed. She shoved a Legacy warrior rushing, shouting "Vhat's happening!?"

 

"The Maru are here! One took Oreius and popped out of here, we're gonna get the rest before they escape the Koro!"

 

Fyura grinned. Sounded like fun.

 

IC:

 

"Cyrix, does the Sanctum have windows?"

 

The Le-Toa slowed, looking at Skorm suspiciously. "Yes?"

 

Skorm stopped, and dropped to one knee. "What direction is it in?"

 

Cyrix did not like the way this was going. "That way," he said, pointing to the northeast. "If you think you're gonna carry us both up there in a blizzard, you're gonna get us both killed!"

 

They were both caught off guard by the alarm going off behind them. "Doesn't look like we have much choice, now. This area's about to get real crowded."

 

Cursing, Cyrix hooked his arms around the Ba-Toa. Mata Nui, he had forgotten how massive his brother was. Both of the Kalta activated their masks before Skorm leaped into the air. Cyrix's stomach lurched at the sensation of falling, despite going up in altitude. Snow stung his mask; he summoned up the air around them to part slightly, enough to just get bitten by the wind. Then-

 

Cyrix uncloaked. "Pull up! Stop!" Skorm slowed and turned, but they still audibly landed on the wall. Cyrix tumbled off of Skorm, shivering. Then his vertigo hit as he realized he was sideways on the wall. Fortunately, there was a window, with ice instead of glass.

 

"I'll go in first." Skorm drew his saber and stomped the window in, still cloaked. Instead of shattering inward, the plates of ice hung still in the air; Skorm peered inward for several moments. "It's safe. Follow me."

 

Didn't have to tell Cyrix twice. The Le-Toa wasn't afraid of heights, but unanchored climbs made him uneasy. Being along on the side of a building held up by nothing but one other toa would be... stressful. He heard Skorm move inside, and leaped in himself, tumbling to the real gravity of indoors. He quickly clambered to his feet and unholstered his crossbow. The sanctum seemed... well, emptier than he had expected. Good. "We need to search the entire complex, quickly. There's no telling where she could be."

 

"We should stick together. Masks up." The two activated their masks, turning invisible in Skorm's case and transparent in Cyrix's case, and began their work.


BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kale Ironshaper

 

IC: Sleep came fitfully to Kale. It was something about the storm. Something about how strong it was bothered him but his mind was too clouded to figure out why. The silver Toa laid wrapped in a traveling cloak, half a sleep and half wondering if he should wake up and investigate.

 

The answer was decided for him when the soft voices below were suddenly raised. Accompanied by the oddly resounding click of Krayn's firearm being readied it pushed back the fog of sleep in a rush of adrenalin. In a moment he was on his feet and rushing down the stairs. Protosteel daggers floated around him as he swept into the main room of the former inn, ready to take on whatever for had shown up at their door.

 

Only to see someone he had never seen before sitting down with the rest of the group.

 

The Karz?

 

Any questions would unfortunately have to wait, however, as a wailing siren split the air and turned heads. People were talking but Kale was having trouble listening. Taking a moment and several deep breaths he shook his head to clear away the last of the cobwebs.

 

"Right." The young man said from his position at the foot of the stairs. "I have no idea who the new guy is but if something important enough for a Koro wide alert happened we should go check it out."

 

Something like a rescue attempt on the hostages perhaps? He couldn't exactly speak openly with an unknown person in the room though. Annoying that.

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arankhe

"I agree. Tail whoever is mobilising, but keep our distance. See what's going on." she nodded, walking back over and hefting her shield onto her back, sheathing her sword. "And, if need be, make some heads roll." she added as she moved on to the door. "Unless someone's decided they'd rather sit this one out?"


aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

 

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

 

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro - Abandoned Building

"Should I move in?"

 

IC:

 

"######," Nika said, pulling the rifle back in through the window. "Maru's gone. Blizzard's blocking line of sight."

 

He slung the gun over his shoulder and rose back to his full height. Something in his back cracked. The cold was getting to him.

 

"Legacy goons following the siren, I think. Get down there. See what they're up to. I'll be right behind you."

 

 

IC: Lunefeld - [Rooftop with Sharky and Hakann]

 

"Hak- sir, it must be the other Maru. Should we assist the Legacy?" Lunefeld inquired, cringing in annoyance at his small but compulsory display of deferrence.

 

IC:

 

Sylus tapped on Lunefeld's right shoulder.

 

"Well, Luney, mate, was certainly planning on it," he said. "And seeing as old Hak-sir told me that you'd be acting in a bodyguard function for me...."

 

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

 

On her feet once more, Leah retrieved her staff and continued past the guard-post. She was counting on Sulov to keep track of her via his elemental power. She now was in another storage room, the odd crate stacked against the walls here and there. Judging by the size of the building from the outside, she had to be getting close to where the Matoran were held...

 

IC:

 

Sulov raises a wall of loam across the warehouse door, the two holes that he and his Commander made. He clenches his fist and feels the earth compact itself, become denser, harder, more durable. Sulov imagines that it will be enough to buy his comrades a few seconds against the enemies who are on their way.

 

(I hear footsteps behind me.)

 

Sulov spins, raises his left arm. Catches the axe mid-swing against his shovel.

 

(I feel my knees buckle underneath me. I feel my shoulder scream against the blow.)

 

He faces a Toa. Massive. Nearly as large as they say that Sulov Maru is. Red armour and a smile like a sickle. 

 

(I see flames curl around the fingers of her free hand. I imagine the seconds I'll be losing if I end up being set on fire. I'd be too late. For Leah. Stannis. The hostages. Just like the Lavapool. For Ko-Koro. Too late. Always too late--)

 

Sulov opens the fingers of his right hand and calls on the ceramic handle of his gun. He doesn't even need time to realize that the pistol has flown into his hand before he's fired it. Bullet through the left knee. After that, it takes barely any effort to shove the Toa away. Sulov is already moving deeper into the warehouse, following the trail of battle that his sister has left behind. Touching his right side, he winces, taking stock of angry red flesh where the Toa's flames that kissed him before he could take the shot.

 

(Always too--)

 

He notes it, but continues moving. The way that the guard screams in pain behind him does not register.

 

(That's a lie.)

 

His sister has cleared a path for him through the warehouse. And so, Sulov follows.

 

-Void

Edited by Conway
  • Upvote 1

 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"Kale, Praggos. Praggos, Kale." 

 

The De-Toa gestured, almost bored, with his off hand between the two Toa. He put the safety back on his weapon and holstered it. The sound was... Irritating. Not loud enough to be debilitating, but loud enough to already be giving him a headache. It would only get worse as they got closer. A second later the sound around them seemed to... Deaden, reaching them and simply fading away to a dull whine. The former Forceman grimaced faintly, but pushed himself up out of his chair. 

 

"You can speak freely around him, Kale. He's not the sort to stick a dagger in your back, though if your blood starts to feel slushy let me know." He gathered his cloak around him and put the eyepatch he'd used for his disguise into a pocket. There wouldn't be a whole lot of room for disguises in what came next. "Let's check it out. We'll assist if we can, but I'm not going to do anything that jeopardizes our cover unnecessarily. If someone has chosen to be an idiot alone, that's on them."

 

"The sound is coming from the east, a few minutes again. Let's get closer." 

  • Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

"I don't do that anymore!" I protested to what Krayn was saying. Though I couldn't help but add - under my breath and quiet enough that only Krayn himself would likely hear it - "Not to people." 

 

And no, I don't consider the people who took over my home and killed numerous of my former companions to be people anymore. Is it a reprehensible loophole? Well, yes, but if anybody around me should wish to complain about it, we can talk about it later. Those thoughts aside, I turned to observe my companions for a moment; Krayn, Toa of Sonics who I already knew, same with Skyra, Toa of Air. Both had demonstrated high levels of skill with their weapons and elements - something I expected, I suppose, considering they were guardsmen the same as I. The other Toa was likely a Toa of Iron, judging by the floating daggers, although he looked different than most Fe-Toa. And I had no clue whatsoever about the Lesterin. Couldn't say I'd met enough of them to pick up on what they could do.

 

And then there was a Toa of Ice with a mask of healing who wasn't much of a fighter. If I had to guess, I'd say that our chances of success in anything were relatively minuscule if the group was just us. "Before we head out...you wouldn't happen to have anybody else around, would you? Or should I start praying for divine intervention?"


Trout? Where?

The Otter has finally returned...
Now in North American River Otter format.

Yay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

"Just the lot of us I'm afraid. Well, there's also Rynekk, but who knows if he'll return before this is over..." Rynekk had left to warn the other koros what he had learned, even with his mask of speed, it would take quite a while. 

 

"Don't worry, we're just checking out what's going on first, what we do after that depends on what we see..." Speaking of heading out, I was already walking out of the door, or what was supposed to be a door anyway, this place being run down as it was. 


My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse]

 

The Vortixx's attention was suddenly drawn away from the door, as a section of wall next to it disintegrated under the force of an energy-blast, leaving a sizable hole. The prisoners gasped, some of the younger ones cried out. The mercenary captain tensed, waiting for the attackers to come through the new opening, only to realize the door had been forced open in the meantime as well. Leah Maru stepped into the room, staff in her left hand while still shouldering the massive weapon she'd taken from one of the guards outside. Barrel still smoking, she disabled the weapon and tossed it aside.

 

"Made you look."

 

"Hold it!" the captain snapped, pushing the barrel of his pistol even harder against the Matoran's temple. "Please...d-do what he says!" she stammered. Leah looked the Vortixx over, aura radiating yellow. As was that of his captive. Her focus turned to the Matoran, expression softening as she looked her right in the eyes. "What's your name?" she asked, voice calm and steady.

 

"I...Iset."

 

"Iset. We will get you out of here. But you're going to have to trust me."

 

"Hey!" The captain snapped. "Didn't you hear? You don't listen to me, you can scrape what's left of her from the walls!" She held Iset's gaze for a hearbeat longer. "Can you do that?" Finally, the Matoran nodded. Leah looked back up at the Vortixx. He nudged his chin down at the hand holding the weapon for emphasis. "Don't try anything." he growled.

 

"You are desperate, aren't you?" she asked him, still calm. "But you seem willing to talk. The other's didn't give me a chance. So let's talk." She watched him carefully. Eyes were wide, with a hint of perspiration around the organic parts of the lids. He grimaced. "Here's what's going to happen: You drop your staff and mask, lie on the ground and the two of us leave. You so much as twitch the wrong way and I hurt her. Clear?" 

 

"Crystal." she replied. "But it's not happening. If you hurt her, I hurt you." The words hung in the air between them for a moment, before she continued: "You could try shooting me - but I'm fast. If that muzzle leaves her temple I'll have more than enough time to act before you can get a shot off. You wanna risk it?"

 

Again a pause, but the silence was cut short. Sirens began to wail up above. A sly sort of smile crept onto the Vortixx's face, the sort one might get from assuming they have the upper hand.

 

"You hear that? They know you're here. They're gonna come and tear you apart. So the gun and you will stay right where they are while me and my friend here wait until they come and get you."

 

The Toa's eyebrows rose in pretend amusement. In truth she didn't feel anything about the situation remotely amusing. Luckily, unlike her, the Vortixx couldn't see that, while his aura continued to shine bright yellow.

 

"You think I came alone? Without my brothers?" Leah asked. His smile immediately disappeared. "Sulov and Stannis will be here any moment. I'm sure you've heard of them. Think you can sneak past or face the Toa Maru of earth and stone - while underground? Stannis alone could wipe you off the face of the island without even lifting a finger. I'm sorry, but your fate will be sealed long before the other guards get here."

 

She could tell he was tensing up again, now that he felt backed into a corner once more and knowing two more of the most powerful Toa on the Island were inbound. Time to act. She took a step forward, but relaxed her stance, holding out her left hand, palm up.

 

"I can offer you a choice though: You want to get out of here safely - and I want the same for these Matoran. My quarrel does not lie with you or with your guards - all of them will live. You were just unlucky enough to be on duty right now. You don't strike me as the type to make a last stand in defense of a cause you don't believe in and it probably doesn't pay enough to put your life on the line. Not that you could spend the widgets if you did. So why don't we help each other? Let Iset and the others go and I give you my word neither me nor my brothers will harm you. And we will grant you safe passage out of the Koro if you want - what do you say?"

  • Upvote 2

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unsure if Agrona meant 'Toros' too, Greisk quickly signed,

 

Should I join them?

IC:

 

Eisen chuckled, though the sound came out more as a low growl.

 

It was inconvenient that Oreius Maru lived, but it was not the worst possibility. He had been beaten, and served excellently as a propaganda tool in that regard. He wasn't out of danger, either. The next few hours would be dangerous. The Toa might yet fall, and even if he didn't... He would be out of the action, for a time at least. And he would not be the same when he returned. The Fe-Toa watched Agrona pocket her prize, a satisfied smirk on his face. The fight had been a victory in more ways than one.

 

And the Maru had been forced to tip their hand. At least some of the others were almost certainly within the village.

 

"An excellent prize." He murmured to Agrona when the Lesterin approached, already pulling himself to his feet. Korero's sucker punch had knocked the wind out of him, but had not done any real damage. "I look forward to seeing what you can learn from it."

 

Then an angry whine cut through the air, and his face contorted into a scowl. He had considered the possibility that the Maru would find the hostages, but had not expected them to have done it already. That complicated things. Eisen hauled himself to his feet in an instant, beginning to march in the direction of the safehouse and gesturing for his allies to follow. The makeshift stitched in his shoulder would suffice, for now. Agrona could fix them when the day had been won. He was running the odds in his head already; if the siren had been raised the Maru couldn't have been there long, and for Korero to get his ally to a hospital... There was some time. Not much, but some.

 

"Legacy!" He roared, glancing back over his shoulder. "With me! We have intruders to kill. Anyone that brings me the mask of a Maru will be richly rewarded. Rorg, leave our other guests. We have more pressing concerns. Anyone suspicious tries to follow us, shoot them."

 

His orders given, the dark Toa activated his Kanohi; the Crast's repulsion would be much, much faster for reaching his destination than his own legs. 

 

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro Streets

 

I signed back to Toros. 'This mask: Important. Stay with me.' With that, I slipped into step next to my Nightfall comrades, signalling for Toros to follow me, with some distance. I looked on to the Sanctum ahead of us, and spoke hushed, though loud enough for Karnakie and Eisen to hear me. "How many Maru are inside?" I looked directly at Karnakie, "Before Korero returns, there could be all four left. We should know before we throw ourselves into their reach."

 

I purred a bit, feeling the swarms of insect life skitter along over and underneath my armor at my voice. Some began buzzing around my neck, ready to take flight. "And if we could get any of them alone..."

 

IC:

 

"######," Nika said, pulling the rifle back in through the window. "Maru's gone. Blizzard's blocking line of sight."

 

He slung the gun over his shoulder and rose back to his full height. Something in his back cracked. The cold was getting to him.

 

"Legacy goons following the siren, I think. Get down there. See what they're up to. I'll be right behind you."

 

-Void

 

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro

 

Without a word, Pae sped off.

 

He didn't bother taking a perch. The last person he wanted to see him was Nightfall's sniper. And in a crisis, they would certainly be checking nearby rooftops. Instead, he chose to stand cloaked in the crowds, moving towards the Sanctum doors, though not following them. Making their way to the Sanctum steps was the flower-insect woman, the giant, a lieutenant of Echelon's, and of course the sniper. They were short two.

 

Pae's shoulders relaxed when he realized Echelon was not among them. Any of these Nightfall would recognize him if he got too close, but Echelon would be the chiefest of dangers.

 

His instinct was to look for an opening, and take down a straggler. With the sniper out of the picture, Nika would have little contest against their foes. His fingers brushed the hilts of his hammers, preparing to use them at a moments notice.


[]BZPRPG Profiles[[]FACTION[]

METATRONLIVES2.png.da62b3c9ce88e204853411829432d3e1.png

M   E   T   A   T   R   O   N        L   I   V   E   S

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

IC: Lunefeld - [Rooftop with Sharky and Hakann]

 

"Hak- sir, it must be the other Maru. Should we assist the Legacy?" Lunefeld inquired, cringing in annoyance at his small but compulsory display of deferrence.

IC:

 

Sylus tapped on Lunefeld's right shoulder.

 

"Well, Luney, mate, I was certainly planning on it," he said. "And seeing as old Hak-sir told me that you'd be acting in a bodyguard function for me...."

 

-Void

IC: Lunefeld

 

What!?

 

The day was getting more bent by the minute.

 

"Do not presume too much. My role is to keep you safe, as you so clearly are incapable of doing. Do not mistake me for a lackey."

 

Lunefeld regretted, not for the first time in the past few months, not sending his lackeys to do his dirty work.

 

IC: Agrona - Ko-Koro StreetsI signed back to Toros. 'This mask: Important. Stay with me.' With that, I slipped into step next to my Nightfall comrades, signalling for Toros to follow me, with some distance.

IC: Greisk

 

Greisk nodded and complied, staying a good dozen steps behind Agrona. As he watched her purr softly at the thought of getting her claws on one of the Maru, he couldn't help but feel anger flare up inside of him.

 

He softly touched the scarred tissue that riveted his cheeks, flanking tracing a line to his forcibly sealed mouth. As a receiver of her... gentle ministrations every day when he needed to eat, he knew that, one way or another, he would not let the Maru suffer the same, or worse.

Edited by NorikSigma
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nokhann

 

Against the flow of the wind-river, the Toa of Fire heard yet another unique sound. A soft cracking nearby, followed by the sound of someone or something landing in the snow. Disregarding caution for the moment, he lit a weak fire in his left palm. If it were friend, they would be alerted to his presence, and be it foe, he would need his powers anyways. "Show yourself," he barked, taking a few steps forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...