Jump to content
Nuju Metru

BZPRPG - Ko-Wahi

Recommended Posts

IC: Tio

 

"Show yourself!"

Ah, was that one of the guards here to take me on? I wearily pull myself up my elemental reserves spent at the moment. Whoever he was I would fight to the death against this ... Nokhann? Well that was  a sight for sore eyes, now we might have a chance. "It''s I, Tio ... I had to make a quick retreat but I don't know if Kaen's following ..."

 

At that I could hear loud ringing of the city alarm carried over the winds. Signalling only one thing

" ... and we need to deal with that, sounds like someone else just got noticed by the guards"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nokhann

 

His stance softened at the vague sight of his ally through the snowstorm. "Tell me more. Who were you retreating from?" He glanced around, not even bothering to express his relief that the both of them were still alive, suspicious that more enemies might arrive soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

Stannis did not find Leah's path hard to follow, the puddles of water and pockets of destruction she left in her wake were all the guidance he needed to orient himself. He walked without hurry, more focused on perceiving the surroundings than rushing to catch up with his sister even though the muffled blare of the klaxon—So that's what the Lesterin was going after, he surmised—echoed faintly enough to put flight in anyone else's steps. The passageways behind and beneath the warehouse were poorly lit and he could barely register the vapour of his exhale in the glimmery tunnels. Lighting fixtures down these ways were probably deemed unnecessary despite the enormous power the koro generated, he reckoned, since workers who hauled pallets down them would have had their own personal lights, and he then considered how such a design philosophy of dim minimalism and efficiency in grandiose projects was typical of the late architect-akiri.

 

He paid no more thought to the design of the chambers, instead attentive to the layout. There were no other passageways, apparently making this modern warehouse self-contained and likely meant to be owned and used by a single entity rather than a conglomerate operation, and perhaps that was why the Legacy had chosen it: It was an easily defensible holdfast with only one way in and out, a perfect prison and a better tomb, something the incoming reinforcements were sure to try and make.

 

With only minimal ceremony, Stannis stopped an instant upon reaching the bodies of the guards Leah had laid waste to and placed them up against the walls. They were wonderful testaments to the Maru's strength and determination, but also stumbling blocks that would only get in the way of the impending exodus. He looked up when a single gunshot boomed through the tunnel. A moment later, Sulov stepped into view, his huge figure rendered deceptively slight and wispy in the darkness he blended into. The eyes of the powerful men, which glared brightly in their respective emerald and silver, connected and spoke volumes between them. The twin earthen elementals were almost emotionally attuned, a far cry from how they had been when Stannis sought the exiled warrior in the jungle of Le-Wahi seemingly eons ago. Back then, Stannis could well have been a preacher to fishing birds so far was their disconnect as people, but now they simply knew.

 

Are you hurt, brother? his eyes asked.

 

A wince: No.

But he could see see—no, feel—hurt dwelling in those sockets, though. He couldn't not. Few things were beyond what his damnably grey eyes could perceive, even when he didn't realize it. That was what Wandering did; Stannis was never a user of it, just the vessel, and sometimes he did things nobody would understand, least of all himself.

 

You're not too late, brother, his eyes said with a shift, compassion and wisdom flowing intertwined. It is never too late.

 

Somehow, Sulov understood.

Stannis slowly turned and continued down the tunnel. Moments later, he stepped through the bashed doorway, calm as stone, and beheld the grisly scene of the guard captain and the multitude of matoran hostages. He had heard the pleading dialogue between Leah and the lone officer in the last few paces until he decided to reveal himself in the light of the prisoner hold, but the words alone did not spoil the impact of what he finally beheld. Nor did Leah's announcement that the legendary Wanderer was almost there, and there were a handful of audible gasps once her words proved true.

 

He chose to say nothing at first and just stood near Leah, at once both an intimidating presence and a reassuring paragon, before he spoke, softly but authoritatively, "My sister speaks for me. Put the gun down."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nokhann

 

His stance softened at the vague sight of his ally through the snowstorm. "Tell me more. Who were you retreating from?" He glanced around, not even bothering to express his relief that the both of them were still alive, suspicious that more enemies might arrive soon.

 

IC: Tio

 

I explained my retreat with some reluctance, it was painful to admit defeat by a lesser foe "That guard has started getting aggressive with his elemental powers, and I've tired mine out for the moment". I hold out my arms to show the crushed portions of my well crafted armour "if we lose our elemental tools, he'd have the advantage and his lackeys would finish us off"

Edited by The Invisible Handman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

IC: Pae - Ko-Koro

 

His instinct was to look for an opening, and take down a straggler. With the sniper out of the picture, Nika would have little contest against their foes. His fingers brushed the hilts of his hammers, preparing to use them at a moments notice.

 

IC:

 

There were reasons that snipers didn't like Ko-Koro.

 

Nika dropped his bag next to the window, knew in his heart that he wouldn't be coming back for it. Walked down to the first floor, then out the door to the street, where snow and ice raged and whirled around him. It would be impossible to get a proper bead on one of Echelon's goons from a distance. Knew that to try shooting them on the street was tantamount to suicide. Could see that they headed somewhere, all moving in the same direction, wherever the alarum was sounding from.

 

Nika saw Pae and turned his collar up. Put on the sunglasses. Strode right on up to where the Toa was walking and said:

 

"Guess'a Legacy's fin'lly fightin' som'un." He had lowered his voice on octave. "Give summit to distract us from th' monotony 'round 'ere."

 

 

IC:

 

Sylus paused, and his brow furrowed momentarily.

 

"Sorry, mate," he said, his lips curling downwards before stretching back into a rueful smile. "Didn't mean it like that, Luney. Only that it seems like it'd the best interests of our mutual friend" -- Sylus cast a sidelong look at Hakann -- "if we take down a few Maru where we can. Isn't that he hired us for? Sure is what he hired me for."

 

IC: Stannis Maru

You're not too late, brother, his eyes said with a shift, compassion and wisdom flowing intertwined. It is never too late.

Somehow, Sulov understood.

 

IC:

 

Sulov trusts his Commander.

 

(I want to trust Stannis.)

 

He stands behind his brother and sister, and doesn't say a word.

 

(I have to trust Stannis.)

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lunefeld

 

Now that he thought about it, he wasn't exactly sure why he was hired. Yes, Lunefeld had a significant amount of influence in the criminal underworld, he was wealthy, and he was a killer, but if he read the Piraka's motives right, he was either too small and insignificant(if they were really were the chosen of the Dark God) or too inconvenient and a potential rival (if they were 'merely' a particularly industrious and skilled group of killers and criminals).

 

Part of him wondered if it was some sort of long con on the part of the loquacious Skakdi to lure the Ba-Toa into a trap and-

 

You were asked to do a task and prove your loyalty, which you did to the letter. No more, no less. Don't overthink it.

 

"I assume that is part of the requirements of our continued employment. Then again, I am not wholly certain that the Piraka would wish to appear as Echelon's... lackeys. Hence my question to our employer."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

As he and Cyrix explored the Sanctum, Skorm realized they could be here for hours. He had no idea where the Legacy would hold meetings with outsiders. It might not even be here, he thought to himself. And they didn't have forever. Thankfully, they had been able to sneak by the few guards they had encountered, but it was only a matter of time before more were recalled from whatever situation was going on outside.

 

"Who was she meeting with?" Cyrix had uncloaked and ducked into an alcove, as they did periodically to take the pressure off constantly using their masks.

 

"I remember two of them. A fe-skakdi with an accent and some sort of slug on her spine, and an onu-turaga with a Akaku."

 

The Le-Toa looked off, as if in thought. "I think I've seen those two. Don't know much about either, but the turaga just got back from an expedition; was pretty public when he left. He usually stays in here somewhere."

 

Well, that was something. Skorm nodded, and the two wordlessly resumed their search. They finished their current floor with nothing to show for it, but on the next floor Cyrix, whom Skorm had been able to train himself to actually follow his near-invisible teammate. He realized he was still shocked at the news that there was another Kalta, that Aelied hadn't told him about. And Aelied also hadn't mentioned the... codeword thing. With Nuhros. That name felt very familiar; like it was somebody on the tip of his tongue, but couldn't put a face to it. What other secrets was the old Toa keeping?

 

Skorm was pulled out of his reverie by Cyrix signalling for him to halt. They both uncloaked, and Cyrix held up one finger, then pointed into a doorway they were about to pass. Inside, Skorm could pick up some scrabbling of feet; the sound of the footsteps indicated the person was of short, matoran-like stature. Or a turaga. Cupping his hand, Skorm held his hand up to his eye, mimicking a mask lens. Cyrix nodded.

 

Maeloc cursed. His forehead was still tender, and sometimes his mask pressed against the wound. He had decided, upon incapacitating the Dasaka girl and with Eisen being indisposed, to continue his duties as an archivist. His recent expedition had proven that he was not cut out for field work, and he would still prefer not to deal with people. Eisen would probably scold him for his actions with the girl; rash, probably, but if worst came to worst, they could execute her and deny any knowledge of her. At the back of his mind, he recalled of what he had seen of the others of her people back in Ga-Koro. It did not bode well if they found out the truth.

 

The siren muted. Maeloc smiled; he wondered what had happened, and how it had been put down. Then he noticed the air was slightly stuffier than it had been a moment ago - and then the turaga was hanging upside down in thin air. A rather large Ba-Toa materialized in front of him, deactivating a Huna. Maeloc had seen him before, the mercenary that the girl had hired as escort to Ko-Koro. The turaga sneered. He should have known.

 

"The girl, Soraph. Where is she?" Skorm had his hand on the hilt of his saber.

 

Maeloc's vision swam. "The Dasaka? She must be paying you quite a lot if you're willing to assault the Legacy to find her. Or she owes you a tremendous amount of money, or you are just really stupid."

 

The saber came out, and Skorm pushed the weightless turaga into the wall with it. "Maybe. But if you don't tell me exactly where she is, you're going to experience shrinking to half your size, again."

 

But Maeloc could see it in his eyes. He could kill, all right, he probably had before. But he wasn't going to do it now. "Oh, she's sitting pretty in one of the bars outside. Surprised you missed her on your way in." The blade pressed in ever so slightly, but he faltered. Maeloc sneered. "I knew you couldn't do it."

 

Skorm dropped the turaga and turned away. "You're right. But he can."

 

Maeloc's eyes shot open as his gasping failed him; there was no air to take. He stumbled to his feet, seeing another toa, a Le-Toa. This one was shorter and leaner than the other, but their armor showed similar styles. His analytical mind tried to place the style, but his vision started going spotty. Suddenly, the air came back, and Maeloc collapsed back onto the ground. A foot turned him over. "We can keep doing this," it said. The new one.

 

 

*          *          *

 

 

The turaga had led the two to the Sanctum's lower levels, to one of the prisoner chambers. Cyrix secretly hoped that the hostages he had been sent to find were there, but it seemed unlikely, especially with as few guards as they passed. With Maeloc walking there and the two following him under the effects of their masks, they hadn't had any encounters at all; the promise that their turaga guide would get two crossbow bolts in the spine had probably deterred that possibility. They approached a door at the end of a long hallway; on the outside, on a hanger were Soraph's kanohi, as well as her gear and a white cloak. Skorm quickly put that on as Maeloc was unlocked the door; by the cloak's size, he guessed that it was originally his brothers to begin with. An interesting look compared to his last one.

 

"After you, elder," Cyrix said as the turaga hesitated at the doorway.

 

They followed the turaga into the room, but both Kalta could tell their unwilling guide was put off by something. In one of the cells, there was a crystal-clad toa hanging from manacles; Cyrix saw that she had an enormous parakuka on her spine; he'd seen a few, but this one far surpassed any of the others he had seen.

 

"By Makuta-

 

"Mata Nui..."

 

"Elder, unlock her. Now."

  • Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

“Yo, Monkey Muffin.”

 

Alfon sidled up close to Plagia, until they bumped shoulders and stood shivering together. From the corner of his eye, he spotted a pair of cute little eyebrows shooting for the moon.

 

“Monkey Muffin,” Plagia parroted, her tone flat in its appraisal. “Is that where we’re at now?”

 

“Uh huh.” The Toa of lightning tried his best to smile through a mess of chattering teeth. “Unless you’d rather fight Reo for Snoochie Boochie.”

 

Plagia snorted. “No thanks. God forbid I come between you two lovebirds.”

 

“Since when do you listen to the big man upstairs?”

 

“Since he turned six midgets into the hottest people on the island.”

 

Alfon clutched his chest. “You think Korero's hotter than me?”

 

Plagia ignored the posturing, and turned to face the desolate snowfields across the waterscape.

 

“What do you want, Casanova?”

 

“I want to know if you’re more into green and gangly than blue and bougie.”

 

Plagia cocked her head and shot the mercenary a mild look. He quickly brought up his hands as if to concede, before turning one into a finger that said, Gimme a second, and shoving the other into his pocket. A moment later, he was holding up a shiny brown bag of N&N’s.

 

“Melts in your hands, not in your mouth.”

 

Plagia’s eyes went wide. It was the look of someone who’d spent an entire week eating nothing but limes, salt beef, and way too much hardtack. “Where did you get those?” She reached for the bag, but Alfon immediately drew away and crammed the chocolates back into hiding. Her eyes swerved to his.

 

“Come with me and find out?” A sly backpedal had him inching towards the wooden staircase leading to the Infernavika’s crew quarters. Plagia followed, shedding her rum-stained cloak as they passed her cot and disappeared into the pantry.

 

The N&N’s bag opened with a satisfactory rip. Alfon swallowed a handful of the multicoloured candies, then handed over the bag for Plagia to hold.

 

“Right here.” He bent down to a stack of boxes in the room’s far right corner, then shoved one aside ever so slightly. His fingers pried at the board which had been hidden under the box, until it came out and revealed a dark little alcove.

 

“What are you in the mood for?” he asked, digging a hand inside a pile of crinkly plastic. “We’ve got, uh…”

 

“Picolocos.”

 

“Caramellows.”

 

Snackers.”

 

...

 

"Actually, I'll take the Snackers." Alfon grabbed the bar, then waved it at the pantry's hidden goldmine. "By the way, none of that's my stuff," he said through a mouthful of chocolate. "Anyone asks, your favourite candies are dates, raisins, and scorpion lollipops."

Edited by Wade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

 

Soraph's mind dreamed while two Toa Kalta freed her from the Dark Turaga's imprisonment.

 

The dreams were surprisingly dark, violent and unlike any the Willhammer had had before. In one she stood over the fresh corpses of a dozen enemies, her hands (claws?) drenched in their blood. In another she feasted on the remains of her treacherous aunt. And in the last, she lay draped on an oversized obsidian throne, hundreds of enslaved Matoran bowing before her in fear and awe. Most of the Kalta were locked in a cage at the far end of the crowd except for Vakua, who sat near her playing music, and Casanuva, who's hands were tied as he waited on her with wine and fruit. 

 

During moments of lucidity Soraph could pull herself away from these malicious thoughts and guess their origin. She'd been told about the effects Parakuka had on their hosts - infecting their minds with shadows and empty promises of power. 

 

But those moments came and went and then the Dasaka was pulled back into the dreams. She felt like a swimmer, just able to surface for a few mouthfuls of air before being dragged back down into the water by some slimy creature.

 

Do not resist Soraph, it is far too late for that now. I am already in your mind, and soon our union will be complete.  Relax. Enjoy these visions I share with you. When we awake, you will, for once, understand the meaning of strength, and thank Makuta for the day we met.

 

Who....who are you? Soraph asked the other voice in her head.

 

I am a part of you, now and for the rest of our life together. But you may call me Mapris.

  • Upvote 6

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"Agrona is right. Please scout out the location." 

 

Karnak's comment may have sounded like gibberish to the others, but Eisen had spent enough time with the enormous Kaiakan to understand it. He was right; it wasn an excellent day for their foes to die. He doubted Korero was back yet, personally, but it was important that they know. Time was of the essence, when he did return they would begin extracting the hostages immediately. But they couldn't afford to delay, either. The Maru of Air could be back any minute, and they needed to be on the move before he was. It was time to multitask.

"Lantz," The name came out almost as a growl, and Eisen pointed with his sword to where the walls had been patched again. "Your mask. Open that back up. Rorg, watch our back for now. I will take point as we enter."

 

IC:

"Shame," The De-Toa commented to Praggos, starting down the block with a hand on his revolver. "That might have been useful today."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

 

Lantz snarled at the Legacy general. He did not like being told what to do. He was Makuta's true heir - not Echelon, not the Piraka and certainly not Eisen. One day they would all recognize this fact and crown Lantz their king.

But that day was not today. Until then, Lantz would had to stay in line.

 

"My pleasure" he replied with a curl of his lip.

 

As he activated his mask he imagined avenging Makuta and bringing the surviving Maru to their knees. The glee fuelled his Kanohi. He directed his sight on the now-repaired wall, the very one Leah Maru had torn through using her elemental powers. Lantz walked closer so that that particular section of the wall filled his vision. The loam started to change color as the degradation took place. Small cracks began to form. Some merged, large issues appeared suddenly with accompanying noise like gunshots. The integrity of the patch was failing. It took longer than Lantz thought - there was more material stuffed into it he had realized - but eventually the loam collapsed into a heap of pebbles, fine dust obscuring the passageway.

 

"After you" he told Eisen. Fools rush in he thought to himself.


Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

 

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

I dug my armoured feet into the cobblestone beneath me, coming to a dead stop. "Guard me," I said to Eisen, before stepping aside into an alley; a single moment of effort afterwords and my soul was sundered from my physical self, floating in an ethereal world of grey. After a moment to reacquaint myself with this strange other-scape I sped forward again, passing through the walls of the warehouse with no effort. As soon as I was inside, I began to take notice of the area as I moved towards where the hostages were kept; the first thing I saw was the missing trapdoor leading to the roof above. This should not be.

 

But by now, many of those on the island knew of - or could guess at - the powers that the Maru held, myself and my allies included. Eisen will see it. I sped downwards through the basement door, paying no mind to the injured guards I saw in the tunnel. They knew the risks. I continued forwards, coming to the back room where the hostages themselves were, seeing the situation that was unfolding. Three Maru, one frightened Vortixx, and one Matoran, held at gunpoint by the former. I focused more on the Maru, taking in the details of their apperances quickly. The female, Toa of Water, Leah Maru; the large broad one, dark of colouration even in the greyscape of my mind's vision, Sulov Maru; and the most stereotypically Toa of the three, and the latest to speak, had to be their leader, Stannis Maru. Korero and Oreius were still unaccounted for, wherever they had just gone, though soon one would likely return; and I had no knowledge as to the whereabouts of their Toa of Ice.

 

I quickly sped back upwards, latching onto Eisen's mental signature and following it back to the surface. Nearby I could notice Lantz - I ignored my distaste for him; as arrogant as he often seemed, verging on the bounds of insult and disobedience, he was still useful. For the time being. Within a moment after noticing him I reached Eisen, seamlessly slipping my thoughts into his own. "Three of the Maru are down there. Stannis, Leah, and Sulov; numerous guards have been injured, but their captain is still up and working, holding one of the hostages at gunpoint. Likely bargaining for his own life. The trapdoor has been removed, so that'll have to be repaired at some point. I'll be here shortly." I detached myself immediately, speeding back to my own body. One of the benefits of moving at the speed of thought was that information could be conveyed much more quickly.

 

Reintegrating myself with my own body, however, was proving more and more difficult each time I used my power. Still, I was able to struggle back upright, warmth beginning to fill my limbs quickly again as I forced my limbs to submit to my control, and forced my mind to control them. Less than a few seconds later and I was jogging back to the warehouse, just in time to see the wall fall away from Lantz's mask as I was still half a block back. Given the tight spaces, I shifted my grip on my longsword into a half-sword position, ready to follow just behind Eisen. It's time to end this game.

 

IC:

 

"I didn't say Makuta worshippers counted as people,"  I muttered at Krayn, before following along just behind him. "Prayer it is," I then said in response to Skyra, while hefting my sword. I wasn't particularly good with it - far more skilled with my element - but it was always nice to have a backup weapon. Especially in a place like this.

Edited by Lontra Canadensis
  • Upvote 1

Trout? Where?

The Otter has finally returned...
Now in North American River Otter format.

Yay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Fyura rushed in, breathing heavily after her sprint following the warriors to the warehouse. She wasn't missing this for the life of her; the sprint was worth it, as she could either top up once inside or, more likely, let Vayde pick up the slack.

 

"Ah'm here, 'nd ready for trouble," she grinned, as she hefted her Rahkshi-staff hewn axe onto her should, and with her other hand pushed her arm-mounted disk launcher onto one of the disks on her skirt. When Lantz disintegrated the wall, both she and Vayde began to get excited. It took a measure of willpower to force him to not bring on the transformation there and then.

 

IC:

 

"I put the parakuka on her, but it wasn't nearly this long. They're never this big," explained Maeloc as he unlocked Soraph from her shackles.

 

"This one is," Cyrix said as the Dasaka collapsed into Skorm's arms. "Maybe since she's a... Dasaka, you mentioned?"

 

Maeloc shook his head, acting more like he was researching than being held at arrowpoint. "No, parakuka can attach to any species. Toa, skakdi, lesterin... it shouldn't make a difference." The turaga nearly stepped on a glass vial on the floor. His mask almost turned pale when he picked it up.

 

Skorm was still furious. "What?"

 

"I... I think the parakuka was injected with Antidermis."

 

The two Kalta shared a look that Maeloc was thankfully too wrapped up in thought to notice. Cyrix could tell Skorm was outraged; Karz, he would be too. Before his brother did anything rash and turned their erstwhile prisoner into a red smear on the wall, Cyrix cut in. "We've heard of it. Why."

 

"I don't know! I... I just, I never thought about that as an option. I almost wish I could keep her here for observation!"

 

"That's not happening," Skorm growled. Maeloc suddenly felt very small in the furious stare of the Ba-Toa.

 

 

*       *       *

 

 

Skorm and Cyrix exited the Sanctum in a similar manner to how they had entered, with Skorm carrying the unconscious Dasaka over his shoulders. If anyone noticed their descent to a nearby buildingtop, the two Toa Kalta didn't have time to do anything but run.

"How are we getting out of here?" Skorm shouted, the blizzard nearly drowning him out.

 

Cyrix stopped to get his bearings. "I don't know. As long as you're still ticking, walls aren't stopping us, and we aren't leaving through the gate."

 

"How will we get past the guards?"

 

"I don't know. Wall is over here, we need to get going. Ground level, might be able to make it through the chaos without twigging anybody off, easier than if somebody notices us dashing across roofs; we can't stealth our way out with her."

 

Skorm hesitated before nodding. One after the other they plopped onto street level, Cyrix leading the way. He realized that they were heading towards the alarm; Skorm realized that was probably the most chaotic area in the Koro right now.

 

 

*       *       *

 

In the cell, Maeloc dangled from one shackle. It wouldn't be long before someone was back, and saw that the Archivist was hanging by his ankles where Soraph had been before

 

With all the blood rushing to his head, his chronic headache was coming on. Maeloc sighed; he did not look forward to explaining this to his superiors.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

BZPRPG Profiles


TOA KALTA: Casanuva Vakua Kalyss Skorm Zueya Aelied Cyrix


OTHERS: Denrika Fyura Raiyo Aokora Maeloc Askha Somei Sydelia


"They belong in a museum!"


"So do you!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Rorg)

 

I turn my back to my allies at Eisen's command; my eyes sweep the street for signs of life. The alarm rings through air thick with falling snow swept into a fury by the Maru's winds. The stillness of the earlier evening is gone. I grip my rifle, ready to raise it in a moment to my eye. We did not take this mountain city to lose it in one night.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

"Sometimes all we have are our prayers..." Now I wasn't the praying type, I preferred to profess my faith in Mata Nui with actions rather than words. But sometimes even I felt like sending a prayer to my maker...

 

...this was definitely one of those times.

 

"Let's just hope whoever is causing this commotion is on our side...and that there's a lot of them..." 


My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]

 

While the Maru were waiting for the Vortixx' reply, there was still something she could do. Reaching out once again, she felt for the presence or her element in the surrounding area, especially those concentrations of water present in living things. The crowd she had felt earlier gathered near the sanctum had dispersed, chunks of it beginning to move. A number had gathered outside the warehouse since the alarms started blaring and a few were moving in. But now the Maru knew they were coming. 


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC

 

The Vortixx's grimace deepened as first Stannis, then Sulov arrived to flank their teammate. One Maru was a problem enough. Three together looked near insurmountable.

 

There was silence in the room while he weighed up his options. On the one hand, the Matoran were clearly their priority, and the Toa Maru had a reputation for honour; they'd given their word that he'd walk free. On the other, they'd demanded he surrender both his hostage and his weapon, which would put him entirely at their mercy. The Nightfall's recent acts of terror had been designed to put the island's protectors under heavy pressure: was it enough pressure to make that honourable nature snap?

 

In the end, there was only one choice. There was no way taking his chances against all three of them was going to end well.

 

Still scowling at the three heroes, he slowly withdrew his arm from around the Ga-Matoran's neck and gave her a shove between the shoulder blades. She stumbled forward, running to the safety the three Toa represented.

 

Next he withdrew a set of keys from his belt and tossed them to the sawdust-strewn flagstones between himself and the three Maru. Those keys would unlock the shackles binding their precious civilians.

 

Finally — and with the most reluctance — he lowered his pistol, flicked the safety back on, and threw it to join the keys on the floor. Parting with that was hard; it had served him well, and proper weaponry was hard to come by on this primitive island. But he still had his sword and rifle, so he wasn't left defenceless. If the sidearm was the price of his freedom, so be it.

 

"All right, Maru," he said, raising his hands to show no hostility. "You've had it your way. Now I go free, yes? Or is that reputation for honour just for PR?"


sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

 

The Matoran swiftly took cover behind Sulov, while Leah stepped forward, scooping up the key and gun from the floor. "No PR," she said, looking the captain in the eyes, "And thank you."

 

"But I do recommend you leave with us." she added, while swiftly moving to the first villagers chained to the walls. "Wouldn't want to see you get punished for doing the right thing. And it's definitely warmer where we're going."

 

A second later, chains rattled and shackles fell to the floor as she worked her way through the hostages' cuffs as quickly as she could. Thanks were uttered by tired voices as their hands were freed and the villagers rubbed their wrists where they had been bound and started to take care of each other. While relief was visible in their faces, there was little celebration from the Ko-Matoran, knowing they were not out of the woods yet.

 

As she moved from hostage to hostage, Leah spoke to her brothers: "There's a bunch of bad-beings gathering upstairs and quick-moving in on this place. If we go back out the front-door we're in for it. But we can use this place against them. That hallway's a neat-nice funnel." Her words came quickly, tree-speak slipping in.

 

Originally she had hoped Korero would be with them at this point so he could get the Matoran out while they bought him the time to do it. But he wasn't here right now, so they had to work with that fact and worrying about it was only going to take her focus away from the here and now - which could prove to be fatal.

 

 

She looked over her shoulder at Sulov and Stannis. "And I think it's time for an alternative way out of here..." 

Edited by Vezok's Friend

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: ??? and ??? - Ko-Koro (Gates)

 

Agrenox and Muerve were not happy.

First of all, they were on guard duty instead of kicking back, getting themselves plastered, and then going off to find some poor fool to murder. Secondly, they were on guard duty, which was inherently one of the most boring jobs in the city, since there currently wasn't a seige, and any troublemakers that did show up were usually cut down by the defenses on the walls long before they even got the chance to raise their weapons... which also meant that they occasionally had to go out and remove the bodies.

But the absolute worst part of the job was dealing with the random idiots seeking passage into the village. And guess what the group in front of them was currently comprised of?

"State your name and business," Muerve said, the Ba-Lesterin making no effort to hide her irritation as her Vortixx companion continued to look imposing.

"Balrev, Devourer of Entrails," stated a heavily armored being, which their intelligence reports referred to as a "Tiokaha," adorned with a bandolier of shrunken heads. "I seek to pledge myself to the Legacy's forces and sow the seeds of chaos and destruction all across this puny - "

"Yeah, yeah, just move yourself along before one of us decides to have you shot. Next."

"Syntetha," purred the Vo-Toa behind him. "I wish to fulfill my darkest desires, and to gain as much power as I can in the process."

"Awesome. Don't forget to check in with the healers on a regular basis. Next."

"Uh, er...," groaned a voice from behind the seductress, belonging to a noticeably twitchy Skakdi.

"Next!"

"Pl-plaggar, ma'am...!"

"And your business...?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"For the evulz...?"

One mental facepalm later, and he was being escorted away by a trio of armed guards, only for the distinct sound of gunfire to be audible not too long afterwards.

"Ugh... He was on the register, Muerve. Confirmed thief and murderer."

"Sucks to be him. Maybe now the rest of them will learn not to tick me off. Next!"

Two cloaked figures quickly approached, one wearing a green Akaku, and the other rivaling Agrenox's own height.

"Greetings, fraulein. I am Dr. Snark, a new arrival to this land, and rumor has it that this village is just the place for me to resume my less than... ethical experiments."

"And your companion?"

"Ah, how rude of me! This, of course, is my assistant, Ms. Chuckles. She has quite the habit of leaving our subjects with... smiles on their faces."

As if on que, the fabric pulled itself away from the hip of the second being, revealing a knife that was much too large to normally be used by medical professionals.

"I keep telling her that she'd find a scalpal much more suitable for her interests, but she remains quite insistent about using her own tools."

"I don't need to hear your life story. Just get inside before you end up like the guy in front of you."

"Wunderbar! Come, Ms. Chuckles! I want to get started on replacing the lab equipment we lost in that shipwreck straight away!"

"Next!"

 

 

 

After countless hours of wandering around, mingling with the populace, and finally grabbing a bite to eat, "Dr. Snark" and "Ms. Chuckles" eventually ducked into an abandoned shack after making absolutely sure that they weren't being tailed.

"I cannot believe that actually worked," drawled the larger being, removing her cloak and revealing the Vortixx beneath. " To be quite honest, I was almost certain you were going to get us killed."

"Yeah, well, hold on to your widgets," the Bo-Toa sarcastically replied, replacing the powerless Akaku with the Great Volitak he had hidden away on his person as an alarm blared somewhere off in the distance. "Today's not over yet."

 

OOC: Verulas and Xhalia have arrived in Ko-Koro.


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: (Kaen)

He left him.
It was understandable given the situation, but it, he left him. Kaen wasn't sure whether to be mad or to just assume there was some big tactical plan behind it. The Toa of Air, still cloaked, looked behind him at the guards. He deactivated his mask power so he could focus on delivering a large gust of wind to try and knock Aiduro off his feet and finally free himself.
I won't be abandoned again. Not like last time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

"True," the august toa and veteran soldier said of Leah's appraisal and cast a blank glance back at the dark tunnel. "That single corridor restricts everyone's passage through it, and our enemies will want to use that against us. But the corridor also narrows their focus..."

 

The Hiripaki's power was still unknown to the vast majority of islanders, and even as far as the most learned were concerned Stannis was simply a miracle worker and most wondrous things that happened around him were attributed to the man himself and not the Kanohi he wore. Even his own knowledge of the kanohi was on a learning curve, but over time he grew to understand that, at it's fundamental level, the mask allowed him to alter the literal narrative of a situation. Any situation. Even the most dreadful ones. So while the Legacy warriors who, Leah explained, were laying siege to their own jailhouse bunker believed they controlled the narrative of what was going to happen next—and rightfully so, with their death-trap and superior numbers and the much lower stakes than the Maru—they could not possibly comprehend that the Maru, through Stannis, could control the playing field.

 

And so, Stannis was not afraid of the Legacy, even with his sister's warnings.

 

He turned his attention to the Vortixx officer then. "Yes, you are free in the same way they are free," he said, tipping his head at the many matoran who were massaging their wrists and showing hopeful, if concerned, faces at their saviors. "Your fate is the same as theirs, and we all want out of here in one piece. I hope and pray you stay with us through the end."

 

Sulov, who was accustomed to taking up the rear out of habit, already lingered by the corridor's entrance and silently kept watch for any flicker of movement. The coast was clear for a moment still, but Leah's eyes looked to Stannis with the slightest hint of distress. Time was running out. The voices of past mentors, friends, and oracles scrolled through the Wanderer's mind.

 

Feel, don't think.

 

Destiny... finds a way.

Fate works in mysterious ways.

But sometimes even the most statuesque of men could have radical ideas, and even a prophet could become an agent of change in his own right. His damnably grey eyes glowed a little brighter, then. "I have a plan. All I need from you is some faith, iron will... and that gun."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse]:

 

“Faith, will and a gun, eh? Is that all?”

 

The weapon flew through the air, intercepted by the armored hand of the wanderer. His sister, arm still outstretched from the throw, grinning mischievously.

 

“Then what are you waiting for?”


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC (Jin)

 

The alarm came out of the wind like a vulture, and it found me on my knees.

 

I looked up, rubbed my eyes. It was like waking up when you don't remember falling asleep. The alarm came on the wind through the empty doorway, whose edges seemed too sharp. Everything seemed too sharp. I looked at my hands and wondered if they were made of glass, if some miracle had transpired in a moment and turned each knuckle and fingerprint into something brittle and strange.

 

Wake up! Shake yourself off you ##### useless--

 

I stood up. Shook my head. Something weird was going on but I couldn't figure it out. I don't subscribe to fairy stories, but I felt like one of those characters stranded in a strange land and totally lost. Like everything was alien in a way I couldn't explain.

 

I hate this island. I hate it I hate it I hate it I

 

Right. Alarm. Shake my head, pinch my arm, wake up. I checked the connections on my buzzers automatically, fingers running over the wires like they'd done a million times before before slipping to my belt, confirming the presence of each knife with a touch as I slipped out the door into the night.

 

Jin was back, baby. Back like I'd never been gone.

 

I was never gone.

 

Right?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

The gun fell into Stannis' hand with a slap and he held the weapon curiously at first, barely noting the vortixx's glare. "Whatever happens next, Leah, when the time comes you lead these people out of here," he declared in his typical riddle fashion before quietly darting back into the darkness of the tunnel.

 

The tunnel was just as gloomy as it had been a moment before, but Stannis felt no tinge of shadow on his spine. The twin polearms were slung on his back and the only weapon he held at the ready was the single pistol, safety off, by far the weapon he understood the least. And yet, the warrior marched with a confidence that belied the dire straits he was in, and dire they were: Reordin and his band was still nowhere to to seen, Korero probably wouldn't be able to find them without knowing precisely where they were, and they were truly boxed in.

 

One way out...

 

Stannis prayed, then. Not a Hiripaki-focused soliloquy, but a true prayer that started with "Dear Great Spirit, it's me, Stannis Maru," and contained more than one example of "please." He walked confidently, but not because he knew what would happen next. He just didn't. He, above all, needed to be the one to show some faith.

 

He stopped just short of the end of the tunnel, near the first warehouse chamber, remaining cloaked in the relative darkness of the unlit passageway to look into the much larger room. What little light that filtered down through tiny windows and fixtures along the walls and ceiling reflected off the still-wet floor, giving the entire space a moist, glossy affect. The compacted earthen reinforcement Sulov had erected where the three of them burst in before was rapidly disintegrating. The first line of defense was collapsing, and still there was no exit strategy.

 

One way in.

 

He closed his eyes, blotting out the one thing that could give away his presence, and breathed in a measured pace as he waited for the barrier to break. His voice, a soft whisper, intoned a familiar prayer, "All hear the tale of the Great Spirit, and of all things."

Edited by EmperorWhenua

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Denry

 

While Denry was walking around in the middle of a snowstorm quietly searching for help, he sees two familiar figures that he swears he's seen before. Denry walks up to Tio and Nokhann saying

"hey by any chance are you Tio and are you Nokhann?"

While saying that he points at Nokhann, thinking that he was Tio and he points at Tio, thinking that he was Nokhann.


tZa6I5y.jpg?1


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lunefeld

 

"I assume that is part of the requirements of our continued employment. Then again, I am not wholly certain that the Piraka would wish to appear as Echelon's... lackeys. Hence my question to our employer."

 

IC:

 

"If we're gonna be in a fight with the Maru," Sylus said, looking out over the crowds making their way to the source of the alarum, "I don't reckon that Echelon's goons'll be paying much attention to us, know what I mean? Even two men as fine as us tend to get a little outshone by that bunch. I figure, we go in, we take a few swings at Stan-Man and his Merry Band, and we'll still just be another two sellswords in the fray."

 

IC:

 

"Actually, I'll take the Snackers." Alfon grabbed the bar, then waved it at the pantry's hidden goldmine. "By the way, none of that's my stuff," he said through a mouthful of chocolate. "Anyone asks, your favourite candies are dates, raisins, and scorpion lollipops."

 

IC:

 

The smell of wet wool loses its romance real quick, let me tell you.

 

Sure, it starts out great: the smell of rough-living out in the wilderness, campfires burning and the taste of salt-meat. The first night of that is always a fine thing, when the world seems open to you. But give it another night, and it's all already stale ... the third night, irritating ... by the fourth night, it's just gone monotonous.

 

So, the smell of chocolate was a welcome relief.

 

"I'll take the" -- another handful of N&Ns -- "caramellows."

 

(Didn't taste half-bad, either.)

 

Alfon’s mouth slid easily into a pearly grin as he tossed the candy, underhand. I caught the bag and split it open, while he leaned back against the wall, one hand behind his head, the other bringing the Snackers bar up to his mouth, where he bit and chewed thoughtfully. He stared up at the ceiling, and I watched him. The way his bright eyes flicked from detail to detail in the dark wood. The way his lips never seemed far away from a smile. The easy way he held his shoulders, limber and tensionless.

 

My shoulders never seemed to relax.

 

Not since the storm. Not since Rynekk. Not since Akinii.

 

I chewed the N&Ns, I looked at Alfon, I smelled chocolate, and I thought: Please God, not again.

 

“Alfon,” I said. “You remember the Rama Hive?”

 

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro warehouse]:

 

“Then what are you waiting for?”

 

IC:

 

"What's your name?"

 

"I-It's Iset, Mr. Maru, sir."

 

(Sulov crouches down.)

 

I crouch down so that we're both at eye-level. Hers are sunken from her time down here, deep-set like ancient wells. Her armour doesn't fit properly -- none of theirs does -- and it doesn't take a genius to know that they must be starved. They must be exhausted. They must be in a thousand kinds of pain, body and spirit. Their skin has gone pale from too long spent in a windowless underground chamber. Pale as ice. Pale as ghosts.

 

But they're not ghosts.

 

They're flesh and blood.

 

They're alive.

 

They're alive.

 

(Sulov places a hand on her shoulder.)

 

Behind me, Stannis and Leah are preparing. Stannis and Leah, who broke the line. Stannis and Leah, who broke the chains.

 

I watch Stannis march into the tunnel, and I stand back up, at the ready.

 

-Void

Edited by Conway
  • Upvote 2

 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Leah - Ko-Koro Warehouse]:

 

Her jaw set. She did not know the details of Stannis' plan, but his intentions were clear. She considered following him, but that would risk their ultimate goal. Instead, she focused on Sulov. 

 

"He's got it covered. We should start digging."


 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kale Ironshaper

 

IC: Kale nodded and vanished back upstairs, reappearing several seconds later with his pack on his shoulders. This seemed like the kind of situation that ended with them beating a hasty retreat out of the koro. Likely with squads of angry criminals trying to hunt them down. Doing that without luggage seemed imprudent.

 

"Right then, let's get moving."


"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tio

 

And now Denry was here, and it seems he has the memory of a goldfish. It also seemed that Kaen ahd not escaped ... which was bad since I still needed him. "Greetings Denry ..." I acknowledged the matoran as much as politeness demanded, and then turned my attention back to Nokhann "I'm out of elemental power, but it seems Kaen is still in danger, can you save him while I meditate?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

Green eyes lingered on Lantz. 

 

The Toa was useful. At this point he was one of the oldest inheritors of Makuta's legacy, a faithful zealot from long before the Master of Shadows fell. His Kanohi and his abilities were useful, and his faithfulness ensured he would never cease working in his Lord's service. But he was a rogue element. Of that Eisen had no delusions. He had no loyalty to Echelon nor himself, nor fear of what they would do to him. He was truly zealous in that regard. Merely biding his time. Not that he was good at hiding it; anyone could see that he would try and usurp Echelon's inner circle one day. That wouldn't be today, but when that day came...

 

His usefulness would be at an end.

 

The Fe-Toa acknowledged Karnakie's report with a thought, something he knew the Kaiakan would feel before he drew away. It might have been unnerving to some to feel a mind seep into their own that way, but if he was going to trust anyone with such a power... It would be the big warrior. Their goals aligned. If Eisen ever faltered Karnakie would take whatever steps he felt necessary, but until then he would be loyal. It was perhaps an odd form of trust, but a form of trust nevertheless. It was important to know who would stick a knife in your back when it suited them and who wouldn't.

 

"Thank you, Lantz." He intoned softly, meeting the other Toa's gaze with his own and nodding his thanks. He wouldn't be the first through the door. The Ba-Toa had no wish to be, and Eisen wouldn't trust him to be. But... "Karnak reports that three Maru are inside. Stone, Water, Earth. Only one of our guards is still on his feet. He certainly will not be when we enter. Our priority is preventing their escape with the hostages. Kill the Maru, if possible. But leverage is what keeps this village in our hands."

 

"Fyura, isn't it?" The Fe-Toa addressed the hunched Skakdi with a hint of approval, inclining his head towards the door. "You will cover my left. Karnak, my right. We will be the point of the spear. Lantz will follow and destroy obstacles in our way, or use his element to hinder our opponents. Agrona you will follow last; I entrust to you and Rorg our rear. I have no doubt that some will endeavor to flank us. I trust your judgement in handling them. Where possible restore our downed guards to the fray, but prioritize that last."

 

Eisen drew his sword and stepped through the gap in the wall, reaching out to sense with his element and keeping his Crast at the ready. If anything flew to meet him, he would know. His steps into the room were measured, but quick; time was of the essence, but that didn't negate the need for caution. He didn't bother waiting for confirmation; Agrona would handle the situation well, and Fyura and Karnak could both be trusted. It was time for action. The same green eyes blinked several times as he entered the room, hoping to hasten his adjustment to the light. Nothing leaped out at him yet...

 

IC:

"Since when has prayer helped?" Krayn commented dryly, advancing quickly through the streets. Praggos' comment received a knowing look, though it was hard to tell whether it was approving or simply acknowledging. The dull ache in his head had only increased as they drew nearer to the sound, even though he did his best to dampen it. "I've not had the benefit of divine intervention before, I don't expect it now."

 

"We need to get up higher, if we're going to get a good look."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Ko-Koro.

 

Ko-Koro.

 

Ko-Koro.

 

Ko-Koro.

 

Ko-Ko--

 

Reo had to stop thinking about it. His urgent thoughts wouldn't propel the Infernavika any faster than Lohkar was already taking it. The Toa Maru of Ice had been trying with no avail for days; it was his job to be the vigil, constantly keeping his eyes open for anything that could hasten the miracle boy's return to the austere, elitist kingdom he'd been born into. The last time he had slept had been in Ko-Wahi. That was...ten days ago, maybe. No more than fourteen. By now he counted the hours through Alfon and Plag's sniping at each other. Them disappearing below deck for some last minute comfort before the end of time was inconvenient for Reo's sense of time and space. 

 

I can't fault them.

 

It had been obvious for years. Alfon was barely worthy of waking up every morning, but he was still a right sight better than his idiot brother. And Plag deserved the world. He remembered the last time he'd seen her before setting off with Stannis - asking Takua, of all people, for a shovel she could use to bury her dead friend. Plagia Simul, gatecrashing a moment in history. The girl was one of a kind. Maybe two.

 

Now, Plag and Skrihen below deck...

 

Then again, that would leave no one for Alfon to talk to but me. He'd probably want to do nothing but talk about what was happening under their feet, too. Alfon would have done well in the Sanctum Guard, in another life. Most people thought of Ko-Koro and saw the Sanctum or the Walls of Prophecy - cold, hauntingly beautiful, bourgeois structures that were the envy of Mata Nui for their artful blending of mysticism and aristocracy, the city of the mythic past and a progressive future. But there were as many layers to Ko-Koro as there were to her Toa Maru. The Sanctum Guard was one such area of mutual seediness; a fraternity of soldiers, but also of friends, a somewhat-chauvinist organization that responded to the lack of priests and mystics in its ranks with a collection of ###### talking sages, constantly one-upping each other with stories and advice that no one could ever possibly believe. It was all said in the name of making your brother either want to laugh or kick your ######.

 

Who do you think tops, Skri or Plag?

 

Probably Skri, right?

 

Things like that.

 

Also, totally Plag.

 

Reo had learned how to run his mouth at a very early age - and had been forced to learn how to back it up from around the same time. He wasn't from the upper crust of the City of Ice. His layers, and Ko-Koro's, ran far deeper than just the Sanctum.

 

*****

 

Ko-Koro's Frostfall District was one of the city's older locales, and had once been one of its most respected. Lounges and cafes had dominated this area of the city during the early days of the First Toa, and the city's thinking men would often flock here to discuss the dealings of the day and hypothesize about the higher arts. Those had been the days before Ko-Koro had centralized around the Sanctum and Turaga Nuju, who it was said in those days was still sometimes known to communicate in the Matoran tongue. Needless to say, those days were gone. In their absence, the Frostfall District had to cope with the sudden dearth of philosophy in its establishments, and the avenues open to it were all unappealing to the academia of the Ko-Wahi wastes. It was one step above Onu-Koro's Lightstone District, but it was a small step. The two working-class neighborhoods, both similarly cut off from the rest of more cultured areas of their Koros, had found two different avenues of helping the everyday Matoran citizens blow off steam. In Ko-Koro, it was fighting. There was always a good brawl to be had in the various bars and repurposed book clubs of the Frostfall District.

 

By the time that the Toa Maru of Ice had grown up and joined the Sanctum Guard, the more refined elements of Ko-Koro had taken to calling his home the Fistfall District instead of the original moniker. It was small wonder why, and in fact, the citizens of "Fistfall" welcomed the new name, and spurned those who they found too effete to dirty themselves with those who were as much born-and-bred Ko-Koroans as any scholar.

 

One very particular born-and-bred Ko-Koroan was very dirtied indeed. He was also on a four fight hot streak. His last bout would cap off the night's festivities, and enough winnings for the winner to drown himself in food, beer, or whatever else it was that he needed to survive for the next few months until he was in good enough shape to throw his body into the fray again. He was a tall Matoran, handsome and well-proportioned for a fight, with a strong jaw and chin. Men had sworn up and down that they had all but gift wrapped the hardest punches they'd ever thrown in their lives, but that the Ko-Matoran's chin had merely absorbed them without complaint. His stubbornness and apathy were both cornerstones of his defense. But his opponent tonight was a Po-Matoran, a disciple of Pohatu who loved to utilize a variety of kicks in addition to the normal wild haymakers and lesser strikers that the Ko-Matoran usually had to deal with. Ice and stone, clashing fruitlessly...back then, none present in the bar would have recognized the symbolism. But of course, even if they had known that night, none present probably would have cared.

 

There was never much said before a scrap, especially not on the part of the warriors. By now, most of the real veterans weren't here for the thrill of a fight club; they were here because this was as employed as an employee could get in the Fistfall District, and the entertainment of a crowd wouldn't keep them fed with three bruised ribs in the morning. So most of the pleasantries were handled in the form of casual "good lucks" or silent nods of affirmation, towards the early rounds of a tournament when you had no idea who you might be facing that night. Many of those same fighters were now gathered at the bar. The ones who were conscious were nursing drinks; those who weren't were slumped in stools or propped up behind the counter so that no one who could actually fight would trip over their limp ankles or feet. The bartender, a lean, mangy Vortixx, was scrubbing out a glass and trying to see over the obstruction in front of him.

 

Said obstruction, a young Ko-Matoran with right index and middle fingers dipped in a lukewarm beer, turned to face the Vortixx. The bright-eyed, playful grin underneath the pale grey Kualsi was proof positive he knew what an obstruction he was being, and probably just didn't care. To punctuate the point, he withdrew his fingers from his father's drink and sucked on them, punctuating his taste test with a pop of both digits in his cheek. The Vortixx probably would have been within his rights to reach over, take the beer, and smash it on the little idiot's head, just like he would to any adult. But he wouldn't dare.

 

No one would touch Reo with his old man still in the bar.

 

*****

 

His old man was still in Ko-Koro. Reo hadn't seen him since Nuju was alive. For all he knew, he was already dead, this soft-spoken, embittered, Protosteel-tough middle-aged Matoran that had cared for him alone, and fed him with his fists, chin, and whatever meager dishes he could whip together with an unimpressive culinary background. It was growing up with his old man that Reo had learned the value of battering every food he could with beer. It made everything taste less charred. Unless you could grill it, that was. The old man knew how to prepare venison, or beef, or even Muaka jerky if he was going to be away for a few days and knew Reo needed a snack. 

 

The Toa Maru in him, the Kopaka in him, knew that there was nothing stopping Echelon or his legion from tracking down anyone he wanted in Ko-Koro and capturing them, enslaving them, or just executing them to make a show. The realist in him, the soldier, knew it was one of the first rules of psychological warfare.

 

But Reo, the cheeky kid who had started splitting beers with his dad before he was even tall enough to land a cross to the face...

 

He still lionized his old man. 

 

Enough to believe that maybe, somehow, against the odds, there was a way that a man who had frightened off the apocalypse with his preternatural skills at punching drunks and grilling meat. Even though he knew better, he still had to try and believe.

 

What was the alternative? Kopaka was dead; whatever was left of him wasn't worth mentioning. Nuju was dead. Matoro was dead. Even Ambages might have been dead. There wasn't anyone left alive whose name could go on the resistance banners when the armies of the island came to return Ko-Koro to her people. There was no symbol left - except for maybe Reo himself, the gallant lieutenant, the white knight of the Toa Maru.

 

But he hadn't always been either of those things. Before he was any of those, he was just a kid. A kid who had nothing in this world but a dad.

 

Reordin Saporta didn't know whether he had one or not anymore. If he would find the answer inside the walls of Ko-Koro...then he had to reach Ko-Koro. He didn't have much time left, and he didn't need Alfon and Plagia up topside to tell him that.

 

He had to get home. 

 

And he was almost there, with his little liberation squad in tow. 

 

-Tyler

Edited by Sauce
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 8

whats up doc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

IC: Lunefeld

 

"I assume that is part of the requirements of our continued employment. Then again, I am not wholly certain that the Piraka would wish to appear as Echelon's... lackeys. Hence my question to our employer."

 

IC:

 

"If we're gonna be in a fight with the Maru," Sylus said, looking out over the crowds making their way to the source of the alarum, "I don't reckon that Echelon's goons'll be paying much attention to us, know what I mean? Even two men as fine as us tend to get a little outshone by that bunch. I figure, we go in, we take a few swings at Stan-Man and his Merry Band, and we'll still just be another two sellswords in the fray."

 

IC: Lunefeld

 

"Well, you have convinced me. Let's get going then." Lunefeld made his way down from the roof without waiting for Sylus to follow, nor Hakann's word, pulling his hood up to keep the snow from blinding him.

Edited by NorikSigma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

Sylus' head turned so fast, he nearly got whiplash. He hadn't expected results that quickly.

 

Not that he was complaining. The broker may have looked many a gift-horse in the mouth before, but he rarely turned down a good opportunity, he just slipped his hands out of his pockets -- it's slippery walking around Ko-Koro, after all, and you should have your hands about you -- and pivoted on his heel so that he look directly into his employer's eyes. He regretted it instantly, staring into those cold orbs, but he still said:

 

"Assume you heard all that, Hak-man. We'll be home for dinner, promise."

 

And, exhaling deep out his nose, Sylus turned to follow Lunefeld on their merry way.

 

"I don't suppose," he whispered to the other man, "you've got another one of those cloaks in your back pocket, do you?"

 

-Void


 
 
[ BZPRPG ] - [ Exo-Force ] - [ Breaking Point ]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

The moment the words 'higher ground' escaped Krayn's lips I was already on the move. If there's one thing Le-Toa really excel at above all else, it was reaching high places. There was a nearby establishment who's roof was calling my name, with a running start I jumped toward one of it's pillar's, using my element to give myself a boost to reach a bit higher. I grabbed onto the pillar and started pulling myself upwards. When I reached the top I grabbed onto the edge of the roof and pulled myself up. 

 

I hadn't really noticed it before, but the Calix I was wearing was certainly made my little stun a bit easier to pull off. I could see why it was a popular choice among all the masks Toa could choose from. 

 

Now that I had a better view, I surveyed my surroundings. There was massive amounts of movement, and it all seemed to be heading towards one direction, there was a warehouse in the distance, not terribly far from where we were currently. 

 

That has to be it... I turned my attention to Krayn and my other companions below and shouted. "There's a warehouse not too far from here, something is going on in there, cause that's where everyone seems to be heading." 

 

IC: Taleen 

 

Taleen had been silent for a good while,  as Plagia and Alfon talked and ate N&N's, the assassin choose to sit in a corner by herself and look over her bandages. Her wounds were mostly healed, but her thoughts kept coming back to the ones who'd cause them, the very people who had taken over Ko-koro. 

 

Truth be told, Taleen had just been unlucky enough to be in Ko-koro when they invaded. It wasn't her village, she didn't have one. It was hard for her to even come up with a reason why she even cared enough to help liberate the city of ice. Revenge? Nah, Taleen wasn't the vengeful type, she didn't kill for any other reason but because people would pay her to do it. It was what she was raised to do, all she knew how to do. 

 

Did she want redemption? A chance to help the 'good guys' do something? She shook her head, she didn't think that was it either. 

 

What did she want? What was her purpose in all this? 

 

The assassin unsheathed her daggers and look at her reflection in the silver. Who do I want to be? 

 

Not a philosopher, that's for ###### sure. 

Edited by D.Va

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

"Show off." Krayn muttered to himself, without much energy. Still, it was useful information. He raised his voice a little, careful to use his element to prevent it from spreading far, and added; "Any idea what is going on? Who is gathered outside?"

 

IC:

 

"You've got your emo face on."

 

Skrihen could see her breath.

 

She hated when she could see her breath. Her jacket didn't help much, even bundled as tightly around her as she could manage. Gloves didn't let her keep the feeling in her fingers, so hands were jammed under her arms. And nothing was helping her face, even when she'd tried out enough scarves to make a dashin' assassin take notice. It was just cold. The Wahi defied any attempts to escape it, and even below deck, where it was the closest to warm, it was dark. If the cold wasn't enough the damnable place leeched the life out of the sun. Made it cold and sterile. That was almost worse. She didn't draw energy from it the same way Lesterin of her element did, but it still felt wrong. The whole region ranged from hostile to just uncaring. 

 

Not that it bothered Reordin. He could have stood in a blizzard and felt perfectly at home.

 

That was why it mattered. It was still his home, no matter hostile it felt to her. That made it worth fighting in. For. 

 

Still doesn't take the edge off, though...

 

"We're almost there." It wasn't hard to see what was eating at him, the obsession rooted deep in his core. She couldn't do anything to soothe it. But Reo wasn't the type to take to soothing, not really. What he needed was to be egged on, riled up and placated in equal measure. That was what'd keep him sane, not the endless apologies for what he'd lost. Not when she was going to give it back to him. She pulled a hand loose from her arm and placed it on his shoulder, squeezing tightly before she let go. "We'll take her back. So don't angst about it. You're gonna be a hero all over again soon."


fK5oqYf.jpg

 

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

 

 

  Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra

 

I grinned sheepishly, I was admittedly a bit of a show off, always had been. At Krayn's question however I turned back towards the warehouse and strained my eyes a bit, trying to get a good look at who was there. 

 

"Well I don't want to seem like I'm one of those cops that profiles, but it looks like there's bad guys surrounding the place, oh ###### yeah...I definitely recognize that guy...whoever is inside that warehouse has them scared and angry..." 

 

Regardless, it was very clear to me that whoever was inside needed our help, and I had these sinking feeling that the hostages we'd been searching for just might be inside as well... 

 

I peaked my head back over towards Krayn and the others. "So I just got this crazy idea...it involves a run away cart, fire, and possibly explosives if we can find any..." 

Edited by D.Va

My Bzprpg Profiles, Marvel Rebirth Profiles

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC:

 

I watched with a raised eyebrow as Skyra demonstrated her acrobatic ability, although Krayn's comment certainly covered my own thoughts on the matter. "You know, I did happen to pass by a cart on my way to where you all were hidden. It was a bit rickety, but I imagine it would work well enough." After a millisecond passed by I realized just what I was saying, and quickly decided to backtrack. "Er...not that that would be a good idea, mind you. Aren't we supposed to be just scouting right now, rather than actually engaging the enemy?" I had managed to go for quite a long time without actually having to fight. The last fight I was in would've been when I still had my mark, in fact, and without the mark I didn't really want to try my hand at combat. Call me lazy, a coward, or potentially a lazy coward, but that thing just made fighting a lot easier.

 

"Krayn, please say I'm right here."


Trout? Where?

The Otter has finally returned...
Now in North American River Otter format.

Yay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Stannis Maru

 

"The Wanderer's tread leads to what lies ahead."

 

The first time Stannis heard the Second Great Prophesy was in Ko-Koro. He was a matoran then, an explorer with his merry band of Companions who's goal was to explore the mysteries of Mata Nui and represent the best of their own, and all he hoped to do was shed a little light in an age of darkness. He knew he was meant do do more in life, but in a single conversation Turaga Nuju made him larger than life.

 

Stannis grew up on legends and stories and prophesies. They were the stuff of life in the Ta-Koro Guard—he was there when the [First] Great Prophesy was coming to pass, and he bore witness to its doom while excitedly awaiting good news on the precipices of the Kini Nui. He knew the earnestness of hoping against all hope that the lore passed down over the centuries was good and true, and that even insurmountable evil had its limits, only to be reminded that no, not all that is promised comes true. And when he grew disillusioned from the Guard years, nay decades, later, it was because he felt trapped, constantly fighting tainted rahi like they were shadows in the dusk, never truly going away, only scared off by the gleam of a lantern to return when its beam shone elsewhere. It was life at a crawl, no hope for victory, no chance at peace. Stannis was not meant to fight hopeless wars.

 

And so, the warrior moved on, as he always did, in search for more. And when he reached The Massif he rested, nourishing his body as well as his heart. Antrim Vakitano fed him stories anew, and in doing so instilled in Stannis a desire to go out and do, to fight for what was right and good despite the oppressive odds, despite the naysayers he met... and, indeed, the doubter within. He was always restless, unsatisfied with remaining in one place and with one truth. Perhaps Jaller had seen that vivacity in him eons ago, the same one that Antrim fed, and that Nuju finally labeled. Stannis, now Maru, had always been the Wanderer, and his path had always taken him to places where hope seemed a slippery creature. And each time, he was a lantern in the night.

 

He was truly a prophesied hero of legend, the only Wanderer to exist, and the only one with the power of Stories at his disposal, but he was also mortal. And he knew, all too well, that even prophesies could end in off keys.

 

* * * * *

 

"All hear the tale of the Great Spirit, and of all things."

 

The earthen wall was crumbling, and quickly, under the weight of Corruption, and an instant later there was a hole large enough to admit a squad into the murky shelter of the warehouse. Still, Stannis performed his whispered liturgy, eyes shut.

 

"At the dimmest hour, in the nest of villainy, there was a tremor that rang the mountain as though it were a bell. From the deep reaches of the ground emerged a thing so strong that the earth under the mountain was churned like butter and devoured like cake, boring pathways none could have imagined to exist. Would it be a herald or an omen depended on where you stood."

 

At first, the hole shone bright like a star as the blindingly white exterior flared into the dark confined of the warehouse chamber, but such light did not last long and was blotted out by the shape of humanoids who cautiously entered. Stannis heard their trepidatious footfalls and factored them into his story.

 

"And then came the vestiges of Makuta's Legacy, ready to do battle. But they knew not what was held in store for them, nor could they, overconfident as they were in their superior numbers and odds."

 

He had not succeeded in preventing the fall of Nuju after the wise man dubbed Stannis what he was, nor had he succeeded in halting the march of the Piraka in Ta-Koro or the sack of Ko-Koro. But he was not about to fail the people of Mata Nui again that time. He was not going to let evil prevail once more. He gripped the pistol in his hand and fidgeted with the trigger guard. It would be the tool of his ultimate defense.

 

"And then, a gun of great power, enough to keep the Wanderer's foes at bay, came to rest in his hands, its bullets sharp as razors and fast as light, intent to vanquish darkness wherever they flew. These things were said, and so they would come to pass."

 

He opened his damnably grey eyes and took a single pace forward out of the darkness of the passageway. The Legacy members, still too far away to launch any effective attacks but near enough to recognize the silvery gaze and statuesque pose of the legendary hero, balked.

 

"Hello, Eisen, I presume?" his voice echoed in the chamber.

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Upvote 3

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Pictures Topic / NM Q&A 

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Arankhe

Arankhe shrugged. "We are, but if we have an opening, we should take it." she then turned to Skyra. Scouting or no, she didn't bring along all her fighting gear just to sit around in a cold, ransacked house all day. She wanted to fight someone, get something done. And if this was an opportunity to do so, she wanted to take it.

"What are you thinking, then? And how big a blast are you planning?"


aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

 

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

 

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Lunefeld

 

"No, I'm afraid not," he replied without skipping a beat. The Ba-Toa led the way past the throng of Legacy soldiers, their bloodlust whipped up by the klaxons and Eisen's declaration but with no real idea of the Maru's location.

 

"Any ideas where they may be?" He asked, scanning his surroundings for clues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...