BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Vaíl, Ga-Koro, unidentified bar/inn

Vaíl downed what remained of her drink as she waited for her dinner to arrive. Behind her, the antagonistic pair was already talking about kissing and making up. She vaguely wondered what kind of person draws a sword in public space just to drop their beef moments later.

She heard one of the Toa - the black one - indicate that his mask was the source of their conflict. Oh yeah, that weird gold thing. She cast a half-glance back at it. Didn't look familiar.

The ruki had arrived, immediately drawing back her attention. To her disappointment, but not really her surprise, it was in fact a touch below mediocre.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: (Datrox)

It is terrible tho.
​"Nah, I uh, rather like having all my limbs."
​A pause.
"So...do we just walk away, or is this the part where we become partners in crime who go around the island, kicking skidplate and taking names, and soon realize that maybe, just maybe, we have more in common than we think. And--and then we...blah blah blah..."
​And he just kept going.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

"And-and...why are you looking at me like that?"
​Datrox shrugged.
"Just an idea. But you certainly look like a guy who knows a good adventure when he sees one."

​OOC: I have no idea why Datrox is now talking to Sorox like a used car salesman.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

​He shook Sorox's hand vigorously. "Alright! Goin' from trying to kill eachother to adventure pals in like, what, ten minutes? I'd say this calls for a round of drinks."
​Datrox pointed at the bartender.
​"Ey you, bring us your finest alcoholic beverages!"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC (Akimoto)

"I understood maybe half of what you just said, but I'll take your word for it."

IC: Soraya [The Markets]

"And that's how 90% of direct sales work.  So, any ideas on where to next? Haven't had a chance to sample the bars around here yet, so an exhaustive qualitative analysis of the signature liquors of the respective cultures of Kentoku and this place is on the table. Plus we can put it on the Commodore's tab and say it was cultural research.  But I'm open for anything."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: The Seventh

"I'd tell you to prove it," was her blunt reply.

IC:

"Not a woman of faith, then." The Matoran commented dryly, but he crossed his arms across his chest thoughtfully. "But you raise an interesting question. Toa have it easy, don't you think? If becoming a Toa is a Matoran's destiny, then a Toa Stone will one day make it into their hands. They'll have no proof that it's meant for them. Only their instinct. If it is meant to be, the Stone will work. Otherwise it will prove that it isn't meant for that person. The rest of us don't have it quite so black and white. We don't have a rock to show us our path, and only rarely do we have anyone to guide us."

"We can only hope, like you said, that we can see our destiny when it's in front of us." He paused a moment, and let the friendly smile on his face wane just for a moment, letting a more serious expression shine through. "I can't prove that I know your destiny, Seven. I can't even say for certain that I know what will happen. I know what you're supposed to do. No power in this world is strong enough to know if you will. I, like everyone else, have to take it on faith."

"The place you need to be, where I have to hope you go, is near the Kini Nui. You won't find it on any map, but once you get close enough,,, You'll find it." The Matoran glanced away from the Ga-Matoran a moment, looking out towards the docks. Then he looked back. "This world isn't as it should be. Mata Nui still sleeps. Even from his banishment, Makuta empowers his followers. The Maru can't stop it. They couldn't even if I could have warned them. But I think you see it, too. And I have faith that you're the right person to act on it." 

"Bring a friend if you want, when you go to the Keeping Place. That Ko-Toa if you must. But only you six will be able to enter." He cocked his head slightly, the friendly smile returning. "Or meet up with the Dashi. I'll be speaking to her soon. I'd love to stay and chat, but frankly, I'm out of time."

She stared back at him.

A second passed. Two seconds. Three.

She didn't know what to say. What she was supposed to feel. What was she supposed to do when some guy she didn't know started to talk to her about destiny? What did this mean for her? Was he lying to her? Was she now the recipient of some grand task assigned to her by Mata Nui? When did she sign up for this? Was it a year and a half ago when she got involved with the Mark Bearers? Why her? Why was she supposed to do this, like this guy claimed?

And ... did she believe it? She didn't have any proof or anything like that. She just had this guy in a cloak who knew way too much about her, claiming that she had something more.

That she had to go somewhere else.

To do something.

To act against Makuta? The guy who was supposed to be gone?

What was she gonna say?

What could she even say?

Could she really take this on faith?

What if it was wrong?

Wait, was she scared of that?

She gripped her fists tightly.

No.

Victory only went to those with courage.

Maybe this guy was right. Maybe this guy was just crazy. Maybe this guy wanted her dead.

But she didn't know. She wouldn't know.

And maybe he'd drag that ... Dashi whatever into this business too if she didn't already.

But.

If he was right. If Destiny did have a place for her. If Mata Nui yawned her name out of whatever.

"If I find out you've been spouting Kavinika dung," she said, raising her fist up, "I'll find you and beat you seven ways from wherever."

The fist was raised.

As if a gesture.

A proffered gesture. A gesture that demanded a response. To prove his trust.

"Tell me who this Dashi chick is," continued Jaliax the Seventh, self-proclaimed Queen of Braves, her proffered fistbump awaiting a reply. "I'm gonna take up this quest of yours, and I'll make sure it's gonna be real."

IC (Ayiwah):

She considered the words of advice carefully and found she agreed with them. What Mako and Tazera had said reflected her own assessment of the proposal and so denying the request would be the logical conclusion. On the other hand, while they didn't plan to involve themselves in the islands in-fighting, they had unfinished business here.

"From what the villagers have told us, the ones who have taken over the village of ice are in league with the six. And capturing them is still very much a goal of our mission here."

Aiywah paused, looking out the crystal porthole in her cabin and tapping her right index finger to her chin while in thought, before addressing the others again. She'd had an idea.

"Mako, I hear you've been spending time with Dakte lately, yes?"

-----

OOC: Rhow and co. from Kini Nui.

IC (Rhow): 

The group of Skakdi had expected they would be the oddest thing when returning to Ga-Koro, what with a dead Rahkshi as their cargo and looking more like a roving war-band of marauders rather than mercenaries and restauranteurs. But the crystal vessel docked at one of the piers quickly did away with that expectation. It didn't take them long either to figure out just what was going on. As the Skakdi made their way back to the great Takea, Rhow had already picked up on the essential information, just by overhearing snippets of conversation while walking through the village streets.

"Psycho Toa from paradise island..." she muttered as they came close to their restaurant again. "What's next? Kanohi Dragons?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"Deal." The Matoran bumped fists with Seven, giving the closest to a smile that he'd been seen with since he arrived. He turned and stepped away from Seven, a few steps carrying him further down the street and towards the throng of people moving throughout the Koro. He glanced back, briefly, over his shoulder. "She's here in the village. You'll see her soon. Good luck, Seven."

Looking away again, he took another step into the crowd and vanished.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Arkrak

"It never gets better," whispered Arkrak to Elaadis.

How he had tolerated Incommodo's shenanigans were ... alien to him as well.

He'd disappeared.

Just like that.

Poof.

Seven stared. That was a notch in the "telling the truth column".

"Where do I find a Dashi anyway?"

IC: Arkrak

"I hope you can forgive me for saying that Incommodo's presence has ... deprived me of any plans."

"Uh."

The Seventh glanced over at Wraith, face deep in thought.

She needed to find a Dashi, right? Those were those aliens from across the sea?

"Help me get in touch with some of the foreigners, couldya?"

IC: Wraith

Foreigners...yes there were some people from a strange land who had recently arrived on a strange vessel that was currently anchored at the docks. 

"Of course, I'd suggest we head toward the docks, their vessel is anchored there." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar