BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

NPC IC: Nixie

Wordlessly, the Ga-Matoran handed Kale a parchment note, the faded lines of ink visible on it's surface. That was strange enough, as most of the island's writings were carved into stone, they lasted longer that way, but Kale would soon find that the note wasn't written in the common tongue currently used. It was, of course, still decipherable to anyone with any sort of common sense.

It went something like

In a time long lost to living memory, other beings walked this island. Beings of legend, creatures difficult for the modern world to understand. For reasons unknown, these creatures vanished; But they left behind traces. Some in this Wahi. But one undisturbed lies in Ta-Wahi, on the smallest island. There lies an e tr ce o a p e w e

The last section was either too faded to read, or whoever had wrote it didn't take the time to finish.

"I received this some time ago, from a colleague. I couldn't make any sense of it at the time, though I'm sure this is what the other Toa wanted. Call it a hunch, I suppose."

OOC: shoutout to sir baron von snark of the house of wintertroll, esq.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro- Nixie's Hut

IC: "Suitably cryptic for the legend of an ancient treasure. Do you know where this colleague is now?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Barthel Deliresi

"To be honest, yes. I'm not used to fighting at the range, let alone with bare fists. I figured I might be able to find some rocks to throw or something, if they are allowed." I replied. It's true that I was asking in part because of throwing projectiles if I could find some, I just didn't mention that there might be something in my coat that fit the definition of not counting as a weapon while being useful. Of course, I had taken off my coat and would have to make a dash for it, but if there was something I could use...

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

OOC: Okay guys, let's get this moving. Please.

IC: Ishi Polzin

Ishi and Ryiu descended Naho Falls along the well worn steps carved into the hillside. The evening light from a burnt umber sunset streamed overhead through thinning foliage. As Ishi's toes sank into the warm sand of the beach he heard the sound of gulls, the clicking of rigging, and the rumbling of the surf. Their walk from the falls to the village in the bay was silent. Ishi had retreated into his mind, mulling over conspiracies and rumors, facts and prophecies, until the jumbled pieces of the puzzle slowly took shape. The game gave him strength, and Ishi relished each time he discovered a new connection, however tenuous, with a burst zealous self appraisal. He had finished the border and begun working toward the center by the time they reached the village of water. The marines at the gate looked at Ryiu and let the duo pass. Everyone in Ga-Koro knew one of the Polzin brood by sight, which made the lack of stares at first disturbing. Ishi realized how different he looked, his once tan and brown body now gray with spots of white, the classic pakari replaced with a kaukau, thigh bags for a sturdy drawstring, his flamboyant coat traded in for something more reserved. He had grown up, Ishi admitted to himself as his feet went from walking on sand to lily pads.

Ga-Koro buzzed with hundreds of passing conversations. Ishi swallowed the tidal wave of background conversations with practiced mastery. He pocketed the information gained from two weavers, wondering how the mooring of the Fowadi fit into Akiri Hewkii's normally defensive mindset. More information arrived as a tired fisherwoman leaned out the kitchen window to talk with a friend. Ishi quickly came to the conclusion Hewkii had nothing to do with the ship's sailing once he knew Ussalry members had been seen on deck. From a marine blocking a road Ishi learned a fight had broken out at Nixie's soon after the ship's arrival. Ishi smiled as the pieces fell into place. Something had happened in Po-Wahi requiring Nixie’s prophetic star gazing and it was big enough for Onu-Koro to want a piece of the action and for the non-sentinel crew of the Fowadi to capitalize on. Despite his listening, the word of Matoro’s passing had yet to slip from the unsuspecting mouths of passerby. Ishi wondered if Ambages kept the secret tight within the walls of Ko-Wahi. It fit the Architect's modus operandi of being discrete.

"To home, then," Ishi said as the final stretch to the Polzin Manse became apparent. "Or should we buy a present for our sister first? I was thinking thumbscrews or a bottle of poisoned wine."

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar peered over Kale's shoulder at the note, staring hard at the final letters.

There lies an e tr ce o a p e w e

Suddenly he pointed one finger in the air in a classic 'Eureka!' pose.

"I've got it!" he cried, to the astonishment of the other beings in the room.

There was a moment of silence as everyone waited with bated breath for the pirate's revelation.

"...'extra celery on a plate, waiter'."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Barthel Deliresi

"A well thrown rock can hurt regardless of where it hits you and can be very disorientating if it hits you in the head. Trust me, I've been on the receiving end of such an assault." I got back to my feet and walked over to where I had placed my chakrams. "I'm fine with this change. " I stated as I found my weapons back in my hands. Still couldn't use my powers, but at least then I had something I knew how to fight with. "Besides, the fact that you were holding back is just insulting." I egged him, probably not the best course of action.

As I turned back towards Liano I posed a question. "If you don't mind my asking, where did you learn to fight? Your fast. I had to be fast in the past, lots of running. But where did you gain such skill and speed?" I got into a fighting stance, planing ahead. It could be beneficial to actually know a bit about my team mates. Besides, the way he got such skill might work for me as well, I thought.

Edited by Jack Frost

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

IC:

"Hm."

Hands at his hips, Rynekk weighed the information at his disposal. While Prei was hardly the most credible source of information that the Sentinels had at their disposal, there was no risk of deception with him; as long as doughnuts weren't at stake, the Corporal was as honest a bloke as one could get. And if what he said was true....

"I think a conversation with Mr. Ironshaper may be in order," he said, gently tapping the side of his Kakama. He flashed Prei and a wink and a nod...

... and tapped Captain Lohkar on the shoulder one second later.

"If you're trying to imply that a dangerous crime lord broke out of prison just for a dish of celery..."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar's grin continued.

"You're right, I wasn't," he said. "That unfortunate affair 'appened durin' a brief interim of my captaincy, followin' my 'aving been mutinied upon (in my absence, I might add) by a certain Skakdi - Raknar, 'is name was, my erstwhile First Mate."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Wolfram-Fowadi

Wolfram warily walked up the gangplank. This Toa- if that was what the figure was- did not question him like he expected to.

As he walked past the person he tried to makebout any facial or body features but the loose cloak obscured everything.

"What exactly is Kale chasing this time," he asked the figure.

IC: "Gray" (Fowadi)

"Someone named Jazek Rehn, escaped from Sentinel Prison"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Aar - Nixie's hut

The Ussalmatoran approached the hut where all this hassle had begun. It looked nice and shady in there... Seemed like the center of attention was divided between the Ga-Lesterin and a piece of parchment. "'Scuse me," he said unceremoniously. "Care if I take a look?"

Edited by Mj. Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Liano

"I had a good teacher." Liano replied, amused by the vague simplicity in his answer. It wasn't often he told the truth.

"Like they say," he began, knees bent as he lowered himself into a fighting stance. "practice makes perfect."

With that said, silence resumed. Stillness reigned for a short time, both fighters planning and waiting, daring the other to strike first without physical or verbal taunt. Finally, when the tension neared its peak, the hunter pounced, his powerful and measured strides propelling him straight towards Barthel at an alarming rate.

As Liano ran, he watched for any sudden movement now that his opponent was armed with long-range weaponry. An accurate throw would hurt quite a bit. He only hoped Barthel had dulled the edges.

Kale Ironshaper Ga-koro- Nixie's Hut

IC: "It has given us a starting place. That is more than enough, thank you Nixie. I give you my word that justice will be served."

Turning, he led the group out of the hut and started back to the ship. After handing the note off to the Matoran who had asked for it Kale turned to the newest member of the group and spoke with a smile on his face.

"Rynekk, I was wondering where you had gotten off to. Glad to see you are alright. I take it you are here to join us?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Yeah, sorry about never sending you a postcard, sir. Y'know, you put it off, and eventually, well...."

Rynekk grinned as his sentence vanished into thin air, before giving Kale a hearty slap on the back which quickly became an arm around the Fe-Toa's shoulders. "A'well, anyway, it's good to see y'again, sir; even if I do wish that it could've been under more pleasant circumstances. Who is this crime lord we're hunting, eh? I'd like to know what sort of work I'm gettin' myself into here...."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro

IC: "Rather nasty crime lord by the name of Jazek Rehn. Apparently he and Captain Dehkaz have some sort of history together. Several months ago he tried to kidnap and kill the Captain. Unfortunately got him Dehkaz is a rather hard person to kill and he managed to escape and knock out Rehn and his lackey before the Sentinels arrived. Until his escape he was sitting in one of our prisons. The only possible way for him to have done so was through outside help. That combined with the amount of time that has passed since means that he has most likely regained contact with his gang."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC- Verak

"Ah, so we're huntin' crime lords, then. Explains the mercenaries, I suppose." I said confidently and unexpectedly from behind Kale's back. I was leaning against the wall of Nixie's hut, admiring my freshly healed fingers by stretching and flexing them. Did I ever mention how amazingly helpful that cloaked figure was? Awkward too, since I really didn't know what to tell him (her?) for saving my poor hand.

No, I don't get awkward. That was a lie.

Anyway, where were we? Yes. Me. Leaning handsomely on the wall with a broad brilliant smile, having recently and rudely teleported into the middle of what appeared to be a very informative conversation.

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro

IC: "We are heading to an island off the coast of Ta-wahi. Nixie's dead colleague sent her a note that provided a clue as to the location of this treasure that Rehn is after. Whether or not this legend is in fact real the psychopath thinks it is. That means that following the clues is the fastest way to get to him."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Aar

He pored idly over the paper as the group went along. He knew a guy in Onu-Koro who could probably figure it out in a minute. Well, probably in Onu-Koro. Guy had a tendency to wander. Not that they were headed in that direction. As he glanced over the paper again, a word popped into his head. It looked like it fit. "Did any of the last bit get solved?" he asked again.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro

IC: "We have yet to figure out what the last words were supposed to be. Feel free to try, I doubt ignoring it will do us any good."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC- Verak

IC:

"Remember when you weren't with us?" I asked, leaning against a different part of Nixie's hut.

Yeah, I realize it had been a while since I'd last spoken with anyone around here, save for the silver Sentinel who'd been doing his best to avoid contact with us pirates (except, of course, for myself; because no one can resist my raw, animal magnetism). But I needed some alone time to replenish the alcohol stores in my liver, and since Ga-Koro is basically the place to go for watered-down liquor -- village of water, y'know -- it'd taken a little longer than I'd expected. But here I was again, coconut shell (with a little umbrella) of whiskey in hand, lookin' for trouble.

As it turned out, one of the "trouble"'s pseudonyms is "Verak".

"Yeeeah, those were the times."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]