BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro

IC: Kale had kept walking the entire time, the group behind him seemed to have drawn out a bit as more people showed up.

"Let's keep moving people. Our next stop is off the coast of Ta-wahi and I'm not willing to let Rehn widen the gap between us. Its time to sail out."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC- Verak

IC:

"Yeeeah, those were the times."

"Now, I'll not deny that you seem to have a pretty great team dynamic going for you- I've seen the way you praise and support each other all the time," I said, twirling and smiling to look at that handsome son of a piraka who calls himself Gunner. "But I think that if I try hard and do my best I might be join that close bond of comradeship and mutual trust you all share."

I laughed a bit and my smile, somehow, widened. "That was sarcasm, brother, in case you didn't get it."

Edited by Visaru

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------

IC: (Kol)

Unnoticed, standing somewhat away from the rest of the group, Kol took note of the goings of the questers. The synergies and dissynergies of the gathered heroes and assorted. Some of these men had known each other for years: a disadvantage to Kol when it came down to it. He had no interest in remedying this, however, and kept his silence, arms crossed and eyes staring into the distance.

"...entrance to a place where..." he began, tracing back to the letter, "that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe there's a word we lost?"

Edited by Al the Chicken Man

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro

IC: "Something is certainly missing, not sure who lost it though. It is entirely possible that the person who wrote it never got that far."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Kale Ironshaper- Ga-koro

IC: Kale led the way back to the ship without another word. Most of the supplies had been loaded already and the crew had all grabbed what personal effects they needed. The ship would be ready to go by the time that the Infernavika was.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC (Lohkar)

Which was fortunate, because the Infernavika had been packed for a voyage for the last few weeks. The pirates had been meaning to set off on some new adventure, but somehow managed to procrastinate the entire time between their return from the South and the Fowadi's arrival. Very little was needed to make her ready, but even so, as the crew made their preparations, Lohkar took a quick tour around the ship to make sure everything was shipshape.

A few minutes passed, and then...

"GUNNAHHHH!!!" the Captain's voice came roaring up from below-decks.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Mar (Ga-Koro)

Ga-Koro's sunset draped the skies in rose gold and hues of blue, and the streets ran thick with the buzz of everyday monotony.

So of course I wasn't there.

I was sitting somewhere nondescript along the coastline, taking in the quiet and still serenity of the water washing up the coastline. For someone of my disposition these kind of moments were rare indeed, and therefore all the more prized.

My business had been shelved for a moment, though the issue of how to "deal with" Tivanu after his double-cross remained very much a sore point that could not go unattended for long. But for now, it was good to have peace.

But when the peace was interrupted by a squeaky chirp of a cry, I didn't even bother to open my eyes to see what the commotion was, I could tell immediately.

Somewhere not too far away, a little girl was crying her tiny eyes out.

Karv's head had tilted in the direction of the sound, I quelled his expectations with a disarming wave as I stood up.

The sound, digging into my sensitive ears like a banshee's howl had to be stopped, somehow, so I walked in its direction with Karv in dutiful step behind me.

My Akaku showed me the target long before I reached it: A little girl, Ga-Matoran by the looks of it, was sitting on a small rock further up the coastline, her face buried in her hands as her feeble body shook like seaweed in a current.

"You're being too loud"

I startled her, seeing her jump where she sat and turn to look at me, her eyes widening in surprise and at least a little bit of fear.

"You would do right to fear me, little one"

She spoke, her voice was high-pitched and squeaky, just as I'd expected.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Toa. I just couldn't find my friend and I was afraid I was all alone" she said, hanging her head in both shame and youthful sorrow.

OK, not even I am that heartless.

"It's fine" I mumbled, and turned to go back, but of course she had to stop me.

"Wait," she called hurriedly and ran up to me, tugging at my cloak with her little hands to make me stay, Karv issued a threatening growl upon seeing his master be approached in such a way by a stranger, but the girl never heard it.

"I know that mask you have, my grandaddy had one," she said, "can you help me find my friend, please?"

"Don't you have parents or friends who could help you look?"

"Mommy's not with us anymore" the little girl moped, "and Daddy's busy at work, and when he comes home he's always too tired to play"

"I don't have many friends, and they don't play with me very often, usually I just play by myself"

The girl pointed at some nearby bushes to indicate the direction in which her aforementioned "friend" had disappeared.

"So I went out to see if I could find a friend to play with, and that's how I found Fido"

"Fido. Sterotypical pet name, especially for..."

"Fido is a Hapaka?" I asked, she nodded excitedly.

"Yes, yes he is, and he's my best friend but he never listens to me, he just does what he wants. Oh won't you pretty please help me find him?"

I sighed. Alright, if it would shut her up it certainly couldn't hurt. I activated my Akaku, peering through the underbrush and the palms into the horizon, and sure enough I could see a four-legged silhouette crouching through the grass with its thoughts somewhere else entirely.

I produced a resonant whistle, of a pitch only Fido would hear, and his head immediately bolted upright and he darted in our direction.

Not soon after, the Hapaka came rushing through the bushes, looking around to see where the sound came from, before settling on the girl and jumping at her, licking her mask, the girl laughed.

Karv and I watched our fellow pet-owner duo roll around in the sand, as a sharp contrast to our own stern, disciplined partnership, and I felt something tug at the edges of my cheeks, but only a little.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Toa" the girl said to me while still wrestling with the pup. I just nodded and turned on my heel.

I really needed to find a quiet spot.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Yasurek- Infernavika:

Yasurek has been preparing to set sail when he heard the distinctly accented yelling of his captain. After processing what the noise he had just heard was, he decided to pass on a more articulate version of the message to what might have been the intended recipient. Fortunately, it seemed Gunner had returned with the rest of the crew from their investigation.

"Gunner, captain's calling you," Yasurek said to Gunner, continuing to work on preparing the ship.

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

IC: Barthel Deliresi

I frowned at Liano's answer, doing so for two reasons. The first was that it was to vague too really make any use of, and the second was that it sounded like it would take a long period of time to imitate. Next followed an unsettling silence which was accompanied by a period of inactivity on both sides.

During this brief reprieve I let my mind wander. My thoughts settled upon my weapons. Considering the fact that I now was using a tool capable of decapitation I contemplated dulling or in some other way hampering their lethality. I reconsidered however, as one of the rules was not to use my powers. Using them to hinder myself would be deifying the rules and common sense. I decided I would just have to make sure I didn't aim for anywhere vital.

Suddenly Liano bolted forward, something that caught me off guard from the stillness before. I responded by quickly throwing two of my chakram, one aimed at the edges of each arm. I had not considered the problems of retrieving them without my powers until later. The last two I kept with me, planing to use them to protect myself when he got close enough.

Edited by Jack Frost

sml_gallery_51411_140_31138.png

IC: Liano

Liano's eyes caught Barthel's hands, tracking their movement and quickly registering the intent to attack. As the chakram flew, he readied himself for the high-speed projectiles, reflexes beginning to take hold. He came to a full stop, the halt in his run completely abrupt, and in one swift motion, he lunged to the side. One chakram sailed right past him aimlessly, but the other had been faster than he was and grazed his shoulder mid-dodge.

A small red gash split open, his nerves ablaze with a brief, flaring pain. Liano could feel the trickles of blood oozing out, streaks of crimson running down his arm at a leisurely pace. Instinctively, he stole a quick glance, momentarily eyeing the wound which appeared much worse than it probably was.

Both annoyed and relieved, he settled back into the game by resuming his run. He remained vigilant, aware that with less distance came less chance of dodging any more projectiles. Much to his surprise, Barthel remained static in his stance, holding his ground in anticipation of the coming collision the two fighters would soon face.

And collided they did.

With little to no distance left, Liano closed in with incredible speed, unstoppable in his forward run which transformed into a powerful lunge, his body dropping low in surprise. Caught off guard, Barthel felt the impact of the hunter's fist right in his gut, quickly succeeded by a weaker left hook to the side.

Liano kind of felt bad.

OOC: For those watching, Jack Frost and I have already discussed the autohitting via PM, and have both agreed on each other's limited privilege to land unauthorized hits.

Edited by TX Wade

Fowadi- Ga-wahi

IC: The lightstones in the small room shone brightly, chasing the darkness away while at the same time casting shows on the walls and floor. Kale sat at the small wooden table in the center of the room. Across from him sat the now maskless Fe-Lesterin that had been a part of the opposing group in the recent battle. In front of her sat a plate of food with a blunt wooden fork on it. Next to the plate was a pitcher of water roughly half full.

They were in the bowels of the Fowadi. The ships creaks and groans were the only noise that filled the room as the pair stared at each other.

Suddenly Kale spoke, "The food is going to get cold"

The Lesterin, her shoulders slumped forward with resignation, nonetheless managed to stare defiantly at her captor, her gaze sharper than the most honed blade. She remained silent for what seemed to be a few moments, though time was only measured by heartbeats and the repetitive groans of the behemoth they were inside.

"Do you expect me to trust you, Toa?" She snapped, her words colored by an equally sharp, exotic accent.

The Toa of Iron's gaze was neutral, neither accusing nor friendly.

"If I wanted you dead I would hardly need to poison your food. On my honor as a Toa and as a member of the Po-koro Sentinels I swear that there is nothing unusual in that food."

For a second he stopped and stared directly in to her eyes, the barest hint of a smile on his face.

"Or do you want that in writing?"

The Lesterin's gaze flicked towards the pitcher and glass set slightly off-center on the small table, before just as quickly returning to Kale, not loosing a bit of it's hardness.

"Your type don't gloat, and you don't take trophies. Why are you here, Toa?" She asked, seeming to make a point about not touching the food placed before her.

"Down to business, I guess we can skip the rest of the banter."

Kale leaned forward slightly, his fingers interlaced as he rested his elbows on the table.

"I want to know about your employer and your mission. If I were to hazzard a guess, I would say that you were told to wait for us there and try to take at least some of us out. It would hardly take a genius to figure out that we would be coming there from the bread crumbs that have been dropped in our path. The ambush you pulled on us was a bit too well prepared for it to have been a simple smash and grab. What I have yet to figure out is if there were any other reasons beyond our presence there for you to try and kidnap one of the koro's leading astrologists."

He sighed, breaking eye contact with the Lesterin for just a moment.

"Nixie is not the sort of person that you can simply grab in a dark alley and expect to get away with it. She has too many friends, customers, and contacts for that to work. None of your group was stupid so you must have known this. Following that line of logic would mean that your employer offered you something of enough value to make up for it. I highly doubt that I have the funds to out bid him in an attempt to get you to help me. However," here one of his hands pulled away from the other and a single finger was raised , "I do have something that you would be very interested in. Your freedom."

Kale let that sink in for a moment before he continued.

"I can hardly just let you go, you were involved in a fight that had representatives from three of the different koro involved. If you help me though, I can get your sentence reduced. Possibly even keep you you out of jail entirely depending on what kind of deal we can strike."

Leaning back he took on a much more relaxed pose.

"What do I want to know? Everything. But for this moment I'll settle for just your name"

The woman remained completely relaxed as Kale methodically analyzed the situation, she did not seem concerned with his observations, nor did she give any indication as to what part he had gotten correct. Even her lethal stare disappeared under an unreadable, blank mask. For a moment after he finished, it seemed like she wasn't going to speak again at all.

"Zephyr, in this tongue," She finally replied, her gaze unchanging

"Zephyr" Kale said thoughtfully. "A pretty name. I can't say if it fits yet. I would like to think that it does."

The Toa of Iron reached over and sliced off a chunk of the bread with a conjured knife before standing from the table. "Think about my offer. Tell us what you know and I can get your sentence reduced. Work with one of the island Guards and you may be able to stay out of jail entirely."

Taking a bite of the bread in his hand Kale opened the door to the room and stepped out.

OOC: Fowadi and group to Ta-wahi

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Avier

It started off as a simple walk on the beach.

That all changed when I started throwing rocks.

Across the water, a restaurant sat on the edge of one of those giant lily pads. It used to look pretty normal. Used to. If you looked at it now, you’d see a bunch of dents the size of my fist in one of its walls, maybe a few holes and a broken window or two.

After a minute of hurling stones like they were miniature cannonballs, the silhouette of a fat little Ga-Matoran stepped outside to investigate. His gaze settled on the vandalism I’d left on the establishment, and then he begun looking around for the cause, his eyes eventually discovering me.

That’s my boss. I work there.

My way of quitting, I guess. I couldn't really understand what he was screaming from this far away, but anger flew from his mouth like spit while I simply smiled and waved. His outburst was short-lived though, as he quelled his range and seethed his way back inside. I wouldn't be surprised if a few guards showed up at my door soon, though I’m not too worried. Paying the damage won’t be an issue.

With my fun done and over with, I plopped onto the sand and realized for the first time that another Toa had been watching me. For how long, I’m not quite sure. Guy’s kinda skinny, pretty fit though, and judging from his eyes, I’d say he suffers from mild depression. Wouldn't be surprised if the mutt by his side was his only friend. I just hoped he didn't see all of that.

"Nice day, isn't it?"

OOC: You're up Gear

Edited by TX Wade

OOC: We really need to get moving.

Recommended song to listen to: Somewhere I Belong by Linkin Park

IC: Potas

The storm had passed. The ship was battered and broken, but still floated. The crew began to repair yhe damage the strom had done to The Inika. For just the short time he was at sea, Potas began to think about regretting the decision of joining.

I never expected the seas to be this bad. I'm really not that good at naval combat. I mean I almost drowned fighting that giant creature and the Tarakava.

Edited by Shadow Flaredrick

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

One of my Chakram had found its mark, some crimson coming forth from Liano's arm. I found a smug smile cross my face as I held my ground. Then Liano charged again, and I held my stance, waiting for him to make his move. Suddenly his charge speed up with a renewed vigor, something I was not prepared for. I soon felt pain in my abdomen as he connected a blow, knocking the wind out of me again. Through the pain I noted that this was the second time he had duck when coming in for an attack, a piece of information that could help me later.

Next I began to bring down my left arm towards his shoulder, planing to slash into it with my chakram, but a blow to my right side drained some of the strength out of my attack. Regardless of this, I cut into his right shoulder a little, with much less success then I had intended, before feeling a blow to my left arm, making me lose grip of my weapon as it clattered to the ground.

I began to stumble backwards before regaining my composure. Even with my weapons things were not going in my favor. I caught myself as I was about to use my powers to return my fallen weapons to me, making sure not to visibly break the rules. I put my last chakram around my index finger and began to rotate it around, building up speed. If he charged my next target would be his legs. At the same time I began to circle Liano, planing to get to where I could retrieve the two I had thrown.

OOC: For any who might read this, as TX Wade previously stated, we have agreed to minor autohitting on each other for this fight. I was also told I was allowed to have Liano do minor actions, in this case countering Barthel's attack. We agreed upon these in advance, so I am not doing any of this without permission.

Edited by Jack Frost

"Nice day, isn't it?"

OOC: You're up Gear

IC: Mar (Ga-Wahi Beach)

One of the real issues with being like me is that when you search for peace and quiet, you often come across other people who want the same thing, and most of the time those other people are so noisy that it defeats the whole purpose of "peace and quiet".

The Toa (element indeterminate due to not-before-seen color combination), was relatively well armed and powerfully built, two things that I could've determined even without using my Akaku, but I wasn't feeling very professional tonight.

Karv growled warily, I didn't stop him.

"I guess it's a nice day for chucking rocks at restaurants" I mumbled.

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Lohkar)

IC:

Forget everything you knew about the past events, and just bear with me here; I'll show y'all the one true path into Mata Nui's heart to the truth of the story.

I guess Verak likes hearing 'imself talk or something, because he just started babbling away about "Hey did you see me blow that guy up?" and "Hey, remember that incident at the lighthouse?" and "Hey Gunner, what's up with all the homoerotic subtext on the 'Vika?" and frankly, it just got to be too much for me. I got out of there, flew back to the ship, and it's as though God knew I wanted some genuine peace and quiet, because Lohkar starts a-hollering for me (poor lamb, he'd be lost without my guidance) down below-decks. Yasurek, of course, reminded me that the Captain was shouting because apparently I have gone deaf since I got off the ship last ("Well done Captain Yasurek, HMS Obvious").

"Did you call, Captain? I think Po-Koro almost didn't hear you, maybe you should be louder?"

-Void

Edited by Emissary

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Lohkar)

Gunner found Lohkar standing on the gun deck.

"Ah, Gunner!" the pirate captain said as he approached, clapping his hands together and giving the Toa of Air a very sarcastic smile. "Glad you could make it. Remind me; when the captain is ashore, responsibility for the security an' maintenance o' the ship falls to the First Mate, is that right?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Lohkar)

"Do you notice anythin' amiss around here, First Mate Gunner?" Lohkar asked, spreading his arms wide.

Gunner saw nothing but wood panelling and empty space.
"Umm..."
"Somethin' wrong with the cannons, perhaps?"
"What cannons, Cap'n?"
"Exactly."
"...ah."
Lohkar began to advance on his First Mate.
"Gunner," he said, eyes smouldering like blue coals, "would you like to explain to me just how it is that, in my absence, you managed to lose an entire arsenal of ship-to-ship weapons?"
"In my defence, Cap'n, it wasn't like we ever used 'em!"
Lohkar stopped right in front of Gunner, glaring. After a couple of seconds, he sagged in resignation.
"Ugh, never mind..." he said. "T'be honest, they were bloody dangerous anyway. Probably would o' blown up in our faces sooner or later. I'll buy us a nice shiny set o' disk launchers next chance we get."
He slapped Gunner on the back a couple of times.
"Well, go on then!" he said. "Set sail for...wherever-the-karz-the-Fowadi's-going."
He grimaced.
"Just make sure they don't find out about this. We'll never hear the end of it..."
OOC: Infernavika to Ta-Wahi
Edited by Ghosthands

"Gotta make the most of it, right?"

I grinned, hands fumbling in the sand for another rock. Cat was out of the bag, so I figured it wouldn't really hurt to take another potshot. Couldn't speak for the restaurant though, place looked like it hosted a standoff between a bunch of trigger-happy Skakdi.

After I watched another rock punch a hole in the establishment, I turned to look at the stranger and then at that stupid pet of his. It resonated a low growl, eyeing me like I had made sweet, sweet jerky out of its parents. The message was pretty clear.

"It doesn't seem to like me." I said with a smile, pointing to the mutt. "Feeling's mutual though. Never been good with dogs."

OOC: Liano post soon.

IC:

Kehua was making his way casually through the village, like a regular citizen out on a stroll. The act held up, but not because of appearances. Mostly because the regular citizens in Ga-Koro were, for the most part, not over a head taller than the average Toa and packing on enough muscle to rival a Skakdi's. Nor were they carrying meteor hammers the size of oversized Kolhii balls slung around the shoulders and torso. But he had his ways of going unnoticed. For one, he had helped out with the odd request for help here and there in the city. Whether it was aiding the fishers in unloading a boat or doing some simple handyman repairs or just helping the occasional tourist to find their way around. Even if nobody knew his real name, people would associate somebody helpful and non-threatening with his face. The second reason he did not attract attention was the way he moved and carried himself. His gait was non-descript. Not without purpose but also not hinting at him being 'up to something'.

Combined, the two allowed the dark Toa to blend right in with the crowd of mainly Ga-Matoran and other Toa, as well the occasional Vortixx and Skakdi. The latter two, from what he had learned during his time on this island, had not been around for too long yet, and it showed on a lot of them, either through the advanced pieces of technology the Vortixx carried or the lack of social skills quite a few of the Skakdi exhibited. On the other hand there were those that had started to assimilate into the culture on Mata Nui. Vortixx traders and, as he had discovered recently, Skakdi restaurateurs.

The Great Takea, as it was called, was located on one of the larger pads holding the city afloat, but not too central to the village. A few feet in front of him, an Onu-Matoran was walking along a smaller group of Ga-Matoran heading in the same direction. They were traders by the looks of their attire. Kehua followed them at a distance into the restaurant and took a table where he had a good overview of the bar and other tables, including the one the group of Matoran was seated at.

He grabbed a menu and started going over the offered meals. He wasn't exactly hungry, but if his assumption about the course the rest of the day was likely to take was correct he would need a good meal.

After a minute, a burly figure approached him with a pitcher of water and a glass, which she placed on the table and filled up. Lowering the menu, Kehua sized up the female blue Skakdi with the rag tied to her hip and notepad in her hand. 'Gnarly' came to his mind as he looked at the assorted collection of scars and scratches covering her body, underlined by the slightly suspicious glare in her lime eyes.

"What'll you have?" she asked. The voice was not as deep as he had expected, but it still had the characteristic underlying growl of the species to it.

"I'll take the fried Razorfish Filet with bamboo sprouts and rice on the side."

"Hrrmm." the Skakdi grunted and nodded, before turning on her heel and walking back towards the bar.

Rhow slipped behind the counter and approached the door to the kitchen. She briefly opened the door, loudly announcing "Nineteen, thirty-four, thrity-five for one at table eight!" and then closed it again, turning her attention back to the bar. It was a bit of a slow afternoon, but despite missing beating people to pulp from time to time, she had come to enjoy the quiet days, in a way. She wasn't too sure about the other members of the little horde she and Iraanus had gathered though. They had been going out quite often the past few weeks and sometimes they were gone for a few days in a row. She wasn't quite sure what they were up to.

Maybe it's time to get 'em all together again, see if they wanna get out more. Heck, a brawl somewhere would be exciting. she thought to herself, before continuing to serve drinks to the Matoran.

OOC: Alright, 2 more characters reactivated.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Again, he felt small rivulets slide down his shoulder, forming a zigzagging pattern of crimson which matched the other shoulder. The cut stung but that was about it, even less of a cause for concern than the first one. He did his best to ignore the pain, its throbbing dull yet annoying, and maintained focus on Barthel, remaining static in his stance as he watched the Toa circle him.

He kept calm, calculating his moves and planning out his course of action. He was faster, stronger and far more suited for a fight like this than Barthel, and those facts led to a daring confidence. He could have thought up several ways to trick him, to get rid of his final offense for good, but the very conviction that he was simply better instigated a more aggressive attitude, turning his sense of danger lax.

Liano would continue to settle for a direct approach. Barthel didn't circle undisturbed much longer, as Liano broke into another charge. Quick to react, Barthel let his last chakram fly from his finger, its speed greater as a result of its spin. Aimed low, the disc-like weapon flew for Liano's legs.

Then Liano jumped. The chakram, whizzing past his feet, landed into the sand, just like his feet, pounding the earth as he drew closer. Barthel broke into a run to the side, and something caught in his peripheral vision, something shiny. Its glare was distinctively metallic, and his eyes zoned in on the first two chakrams thrown from before. Though Barthel tried to reach them, Liano reached him first.

His arm shot forward, hand tightening around Barthel's wrist before pulling with an opposing might. Unbalanced, the Fe-Toa stumbled towards him, landing onto a knee in the gut and for the first time, a punch to the face. Liano paused for a moment, awaiting a counterattack or another run for the chakrams which lay only a few meters away.

C'mon Barthel. Hit me.

"And what makes you think that?" I asked, curious as to why he would bring up my employment when I never even peeped a word about it. I didn't expect him to know where I worked, or what led him to that conclusion in general.

Liano made another dash towards me. I let loose my last chakram before breaking into a sprint of my own. I looked back to see he had leapt my final weapon. Not only was Liano a skilled fighter, he was fast, and he had good reflexes. Something was just not right about him. I was fast from running. He seemed like he had grown strong from chasing. The question was, what had he been chasing? Was he some sort of guard at some time?

It was then that the shine of my thrown weapon caught my eye as I again looked forward. The only problem with chakram was retrieving them without my powers. I cursed under my breath. I just had to try to keep up appearances. My feet hit the sand with a large amount of force as I closed the distance between myself and my weapon. And then I felt a hand grab my arm. I let out another silent curse as I was being pulled backwards. I was pulled straight into two quick blows that would have sent me to the sand had it not been for my mask.

I glared up at Liano. I was getting tired of this. I was getting tired of feeling like a Matoran, weak and without powers. I was tempted to use my elemental control. He likely would never have seen it coming had I pulled the chakram from behind him into his legs. If I did it right maybe I could have done enough damage to show him I wasn't just some weakling. But, despite it all, I managed to hold it together and refrain from using my powers. I could always show them all how powerful I was later. If I was to rise above them all, then I needed to have a better image than any other as well. Power is easily demonstrated. Image is built and earned. Keeping to the rules had to be a good way to start on and maintain an image. Why else would anyone do it?

Liano stood there, waiting. He was anticipating my next move. My mind quickly jumped back to earlier. The only way I had landed a blow was to defy any expectations. My obvious choices then were to run or attack, so I quickly decided upon a third option. I acted as if I was going to strike at him, and then lept into a roll to his side, away from the chakram. I grabbed some sand in the process, though not enough to really do to much beyond what I needed. Liano was quick to react to my move, striking at my new position.

The quick blow to my shoulder was not part of the plan, and it hurt like Karzahni, but it would not stop me. I rose to my feet and began running backwards, away from him. It did not take him long to begin charging at me again, but this time I had the element of surprise. I threw the sand at his eyes, which he was quick to guard, but that was just the diversion. I stopped my awkward backward escape and charged straight at Liano, my elbows bent forward to slam into his body. The only problem with this plan was that it required me to touch him in order to attack him. That, and the fact that it was going to hurt. Unfortunately, at the time I had no better alternatives.

Edited by Jack Frost

My hand flew itself to my face, an automatic reflex with the intent to shield my eyes. Sand whipped my forearm and the lower half of my face but otherwise, I was fine. Quick to lower my hand, I saw Barthel unexpectedly charging at me, elbows bent forward. Dodging was tricky here, since I'd been preoccupied with his diversion for too long, leaving me little to no time to evade properly. For a split second, I praised the guy for showing some brains but at the same time, I braced for impact.

His elbows dug into my stomach, followed by the accompanying force of his forearms. I felt the wind knocked out of me, something which never failed to raise my temper.When I was done staggering backwards (and momentarily catching my breath), I advanced, my approach more fierce than ever.

This time Barthel stood his ground, something else I'd have to commend later. Truth be told, I was impressed he'd finally worked up the nerve to directly attack me like that, weaponless and knowing full well the risks of getting up close and personal. Unfortunately, I intended to pay him back. He had no tools to help him, nowhere to run and his only option now was to hash it out like a man.

I swung several times, landing most of my hits, the rest either dodged or blocked. He swung too, sometimes successfully, yet I just kept pushing forward, driving him back under the pressure of fists and kicks. An admirable show of determination and resilience, but at the risk of sounding arrogant, there was no winning this for Barthel. Not at his current skill level anyways. I was simply more competent as a fighter than he was.

A solid punch to face finally ended my assault, sending me backwards into a bit of a daze. We both stood there, breathing heavily, tinged by the slight sheen of blood mixed with sweat. I spat on the ground, tasting something metallic as I did so, and the longer I stood there, the more I could feel the dull throbbing of fresh bruises and cuts. I didn't really look at myself so I couldn't tell if I was a mess. Barthel on the other hand...he wasn't such a pretty sight. He'd taken a good beating, and I worried about how much more he could handle. Instead of keeping the offense, I stood there, waiting to see if my friend was willing to go through with this.

If so, I would end it quickly.

I felt my blow connect as I then stumbled before catching myself. Liano began to come at me again, this time looking as if he had been angered. My only options were to make a run for anything I could use to help me, or stand there and try to dish out as much damage as I could before I succombed to the inevitable assualt. I quickly decided upon the second, as if I ran I would be beaten just as badly, only while looking like a coward. If I was going down, it wasn't going to be running.

The next bit of time was a blur of fists being thrown by both sides along with kicks from Liano. Within the first few blows it was once again evident how outmatched I was in a brawl. Despite this I tried my best to hold out, and ended up landing some blows myself and managing to make one or two of his miss their mark. The brutal fight temporarily came to an end when I landed a lucky shot to Liano's face. We both just stood there for a moment, staring each other down as we felt the pain from the others attacks. At least, I hope he was hurting some as well.

I was sore everywhere, I felt as if my body was going to give out. One of the key things that fight brought to mind was why I stuck to ranged attacks. Liano looked as if he had taken a few blows, nothing to much. I could just imagine how I looked. Probably like I had gone through a grinder.

Liano just kept standing there, waiting. If he was waiting for me to back down, that wasn't going to happen. Sure, I probably wouldn't have been standing at that point without my Kanohi, but that didn't mean I would give in. I just didn't want to stand down and give him the satisfaction of my giving in before him. "Is that all you can muster?" I tried to say, but who knows what it actually sounded like. "Come on, it will take more than that to beat me."

I tried to attack Liano one last time, but in my state its failure was inevitable. He countered with a blow that sent me down, the world going between being there and darkness. I had lost, the inevitable outcome of trying my hand at close range combat. But at the same time I had learned. If he could best me without using powers that easily, then I was relying on them too much. As my vision began to clear a bit later, I decided I needed more chakrams and to get faster. Then I could avoid close combat completely, even without powers.

"And what makes you think that?" I asked, curious as to why he would bring up my employment when I never even peeped a word about it. I didn't expect him to know where I worked, or what led him to that conclusion in general.

IC: Mar (Naho Bay)

"The fact that I heard him shout "you're fired" was a pretty good indicator"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

One quick uppercut, and that was game. I watched my fist crash into Barthel's chin, feeling his teeth clench as his jaw snapped up, the blow knocking him flat on his back. He hit the ground with the soft thump of something heavy being dropped on sand, and again, I waited. Not a single finger flickered in resistance, his body still and devoid of any more fight that was left in him.

I won.

Assured of my victory, I relaxed my posture and dropped my hands as the tension in my muscles slowly ebbed away in conjunction with adrenaline. I took a moment to breathe, then I walked over to Barthel. I took a little delight in the knowledge that I hadn't knocked him out cold. I already felt bad enough about the bruised face, cut lip and just generally all the pain I'd inflicted on the poor guy but deep down inside, I was also partially glad I wouldn't have to carry him to the infirmary.

I didn't really know what to say, however. Some people were more sensitive than others and Barthel, well, he was already rather eccentric. I didn't know how he'd react to the loss, so I opted for silence and offered him a hand.

I looked him over a second time, and it struck me that he was the sonics type. Not quite sure how I hadn't picked that up before.

"Would you believe me if I told you he deserved it?"

IC: Fekoro

Fekoro said, "It's not so much the boat itself. I'm a wizard with small pieces of metal, but I have trouble with the large ones." He placed his hand on the upturned raft, and the metal liquefied and flowed into his hand.

IC: Terus.

Terus blinked. "Fe-Toa, hm?" He asked. "You're a bit friendlier than the last one I met." He chuckled good-naturedly.

IC: Terus

It had been several minutes with no response from the Toa of Iron before him. Terus frowned and then waved his hand in front of the Toa's Kanohi. "Heeeelllloooo? Did I bore you to tears already?"

"Those who dream by day are conscious of many things that escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allan Poe

IC: Treize

Being a naval officer was difficult work, especially when Beynii and the others had disappeared off to who knows where, leaving her all alone to take care of her ship, the Fortune. Sometimes Treize really missed the Dermis Turtle, but her terrible luck had been its undoing, and the wreckage was now somewhere to the ... actually a few metres away.

The Ga-Matoran sat on the pier, watching the large rock where her original ship had sunk.

Huh, there was a piece of her sail still on there.

Interesting.

OOC: Sorry about the wait.

I stared at Liano's hand for a moment before taking action. Seeing as the fight was over, as there was no way I could continue without my powers, there was nothing wrong with using my powers now. I summoned my weapons to me and slid them behind my back. Next I controlled them to slowly raise myself up so that I wouldn't need any help. Sure, I had been a good sport up to that point, but that didn't mean I would disgrace myself by taking help from my opponent. "Would have prefered if we had used powers. Then who was going to win would have been a toss up. But whatever, that took care of my frustration."

As I rose to my feet I used my mask and elemental control to steady myself. I began to walk over to my coat, still having to use my powers. I would have liked to have cut Liano some more, maybe in a way that would only cause some temporary problems seeing as he was an ally, but I had held out that long. I wasn't going to give in and destroy any progress I had built towards a good image. Besides, at that point I just wanted to wash off all of the sand and blood and physical contact that came with fighting up close. "Anyways, thanks for the sparring match. We should have another one eventually. Just in a way that puts us on more even footing." I probably couldn't have kept from attempting something to seriously hurt Liano if I didn't think he felt like an odd one out from society as well. Most of the Sarsi team had that feel to them. Still thought about trying to nick his hand with a spike in my palm, but I was to tired and there was my Haphephobia. I just continued heading for my things.