BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Dail was out of work. As a mercenary, you might imagine that such a thing was bad for her livelihood. This would be entirely true.

The Air Toa leaned against a wooden display stall, much to this displeasure of the owner, as she finished the last of her rations.  The Muaka had been a valuable kill, giving her some badly-needed widgets (now spent) and a whole week's worth of meat, which she had smoked and stored as soon as she'd completed the contract with her employer. Unfortunately, that week was now over and she was, once again, out of food. If an opportunity did not present itself she might have to acquire some food with a five-finger discount and make herself scarce for a few months...

Job!

Unimportant things!

Modest monetary pay

Blah blah blah!

Possibly Unique Rewards

See Aokora at North Docks

That was when the poster caught her attention. Unique rewards? Okay, nice. Stash them, if they were useful enough. Probably pawn them for more money. It was the "modest monetary pay" she was more concerned about. History...unless it dictated who she was working for, who cared?

She took a second look at the bottom of the poster. Aokora. She didn't know the name, and it didn't provide a way to identify the (presumably) Matoran on sight. North Docks, though. That was a place to start. She took off at a relaxed pace, though an educated eye could tell she had an objective.

~+~

The North Docks were actually annoyingly busy, which was no surprise. Commercial areas of a Koro often were, with merchants and fisherwomen finding buyers for their wares everywhere Dail looked. Time to start asking around. She picked someone who looked like they weren't busy.

"Hey, I'm looking for someone named Aokora. You know her?"

OOC: Keeper, hi.

:w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

IC: As the trio continued walking, they soon came across two females, one a Ga-Matoran and the other a Ko-Toa, having a conversation about the expedition.

"Excuse me," Aine said as they grew closer, displaying the poster as Shu handed it to her. "Is this where those interested in locating artifacts are gathering?"

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Ashala (Marine HQ)

"I don't think anyone is in here..." Ashala said to Nekka and Londar. "Hello? Any Marines around??"

IC: Nekka

"Then what shall we do?  We can't just leave the news of Ko-Koro's fall untold."  Nekka said to Ashala.

"Is there anyone we can tell?"  she asked.  "Or anything we can do?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC: As the trio continued walking, they soon came across two females, one a Ga-Matoran and the other a Ko-Toa, having a conversation about the expedition.

"Excuse me," Aine said as they grew closer, displaying the poster as Shu handed it to her. "Is this where those interested in locating artifacts are gathering?"

IC: Zaara.

Zaara was right behind the duo; she'd been delayed looking at something in a shop window. "I'm with them." she explained quickly. 

OOC: Over to you, Keeper. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

"If trends continue, it'll be exponentially more valuable than the salad we have back home."

-Void

IC:

"I wouldn't be surprised" Soraph said.

"There are probably vegetables in any salad that we've never seen back in Kentoku. The first to sell seeds to Ageru could become pretty rich."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Aokora leaned past the Ko-Toa, seeing the others looking around.

"Uh, hello! I'm Aokora. You're here to hire onto the expedition, right?" she said, earnestly smiling.

"Yes please," Zaara said politely, gesturing to herself and her two companions. "We're kind of... completely broke right now."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Dail nodded. "I'm no archaeologist--I'm assuming that's the typical kind you want, if you're on about history--but I can fight. You'll need me."

Blunt, to the point. No point in letting a potential client argue the issue. I have firepower. You need it. I'll work for money. Boom, done.

She crossed her arms and waited a response.

:w:

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

IC:

Not for the first time, Sinshi wished she was a Willhammer. The Menti had noticed the look Solvi gave her, quite easily in fact, but she couldn't exactly what she was thinking nor could she communicate with the Po-Toa the way she would with a fellow Dasaka. The unspoken message indicated that the Toa felt much the same way about Labelle, but Sinshi had no way to communicate with her without speaking out loud or departing suspiciously.

Inconvenient.

She looked to Tarkus again, after giving Solvi the faintest of nods.

"I don't know for sure how long we are staying. I think the intent is to visit several of the Koros, as well as perhaps carry out other missions while we are here."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: "Broke workers are the best kind of workers!" Aokora laughed a bit at her own joke, before coming to her senses. "Uh, forget I said that. Anyway, on top of monetary payment, you are getting in on the ground floor for what could be part of the greatest cultural exchange in Mata Nui's history!"

Aokora looked like she was about to continue, but realized something. "Are... any of you familiar with the legend of the Kindred Amulets?"

The times, they are a-changing...

"I've no memory of anything before I washed up on this island's shores a few days ago," she said flatly, "nothing is familiar to me." Her tone lightened a little. "At least now I might get a chance to explore the island without giant bugs trying to kill me..." 

IC: "Washed up a few days ago," Shu said.

"Yeah," Aine said. "The hospital didn't exactly provide the best reading material."

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC:

"That sounds - sounds like fun" Labelle said with a small gasp at the pain.

"Exploring the island, seeing new sights. Going on adventures. Maybe I'll be able to do the same from your home, in that Kentoku Archipelago..." Labelle's voice trailed as she forget she was standing with the group of Toa and Dasaka and imagined herself in their land. It was magical, with great and fantastic Rahi, and one to judge her, and no mirrors, definitely no mirrors....

It dissolved away into reality.

"Why- why don't you come to my home and have a late lunch, or early dinner? It's a Cooking Day today, so I've got - got lots of food! Any maybe you could show me mental powers of yours?"

There was genuine excitement and hint of longing in her voice. She hadn't had guests since before -it- happened. Labelle was finding it hard to remember what it was like to be kind to others, she such few opportunities, and the pain... 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Aokora clapped her hands together. "I'm Mata Nui's leading scholar on the legend! It's very old, predating the Thousand Years of Darkness. It exists in some oral histories, but the most intact version of the tale, and the earliest rendition of it, was in a cave northeast of the temple at Kini-Nui. It was inscribed on a wall, along with pictographs of fifteen amulets. The legend... Oh! Wait, I have a copy of the rubbing I took!"

The ga-matoran dug into her bag, and pulled out a large roll of paper, which she unfurled. She read it aloud:

In the time before time, when matoran mistrusted one another based purely on their elemental leaning; they feared and hated those that were not like them, and believed their own element to be superior to all others. A matoran of each element was invited to a gathering, by whom is not known. They began to argue with one another, believing there to be some form of deceit. The confrontation nearly came to blows, and a mysterious Turaga appeared, saying that he had invited them. The Turaga said he had hoped to rationally talk of peace and unity, but that they had already proven they would not be willing to be rational. With a wave of his staff, the matoran's heartstones were changed, swapped with another's. Their element was suppressed, and they gained the element of another. The Turaga spoke: "Perhaps an alternate view would do good; go and live a moon's time with your new kinsmen. Then return here, and speak of your experiences."

The fifteen bewildered matoran then awoke in their new settlements, surrounded by those they had never seen before. In a moon's time, they returned, and found themselves changed. They greeted the other matoran as if greeting friends, laughing, comparing stories. The Turaga again appeared, and asked if they would be willing to embrace their Unity as matoran on behalf of Mata Nui. The matoran agreed, pledging to make a strong, unified Koro.

The Makuta would have none of this, the servants of Mata Nui pledging to unite. From the darkness he reached out, and tore the matoran's heartstones out. The Turaga was shocked at the Makuta's vileness, and labored to save what he could. He managed to salvage what he could of their bodies, fashioning amulets with the heartstones, ensuring their souls were safe. He returned these amulets to the elemental tribes, who in mourning pledged to have a dedicated wearer of the amulet, to show empathy with their kindred matoran. To celebrate this, Mata Nui created a star in the sky for each of the amulets.

Thus were the Amulets of Elemental Kindred created.

"Until a while ago, we could only identify fourteen stars. This was a major discrepancy; the legend, and the pictographs, mentioned fifteen. A new one was identified just a few nights ago, though. An Astrologer worked out a formula to identify where the stars place the amulets, these give us rough coordinates. The new star places one of these amulets on the island north of here, in the Bay. I need you all for support; it might be a long dig, but it is in the wilderness. Protection from wild rahi and such. I don't suspect the interior of the shrine to be any safer. On top of that, I'll need help recovering any cultural artifacts I find in there. A single ga-matoran only holds so much, you know."

The archeologist took a moment to compose herself. "I was actually hoping I would get some of those newcomers... the entire purpose of this expedition, the entire legend even, is of cultural understanding. I had hoped some of these Dasaka would be able to come along, as an observer."

The times, they are a-changing...

"Dasaka?" Zaara asked. She hadn't heard anything about that the last time she'd been in Ga-Koro. 

IC: Aine looked confused at the mention of these Dasaka. Shu continued to look unphased.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Asa

"Yeah," Asa nodded in response to Soraph's comment about the vegetables. "We'll have to see if they taste good first, though. The Mata Nuian palate may differ from our preferences."

IC:

"Just tell folks that the vegetables are from this newly-discovered and exotic island and nobody'll care what they taste like."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC

After several hours of wondering, lost in thought. The red-garbed Toa came across a poster about an archaeological expedition of sorts. He arrived at the docks in time to catch the Ga-Matoran's explanation of the amulets and their presumed powers. He approached the group

"I would like to join your expedition. More for knowledge than monetary gain"

OOC: Sorry for the hamfisted entrance

Edited by Tiragath

...but close to it

IC: Darien

"Well, unless your lettuce and spinach is pink with white polka dots and not just...green, it's probably about the same." 

A waitress lead them to a table and sat them down. The interior of the restaurant was actually rather colorful, as opposed to the outside of the building, which was green lily-pad like everything else.

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar