BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"A wonderful system." 

You're just soldiers.

"For us... I was born a Menti. Not of noble lineage, not in line for the title of Toroshu. The highest ambition to which I can aspire is to become a Battlemaster." Sinshi knew she was a little drunk. The drinks at the pub had definitely caught up with her, or she wouldn't have been saying any of this out loud. It was ill-fitting for a Menti of her stature. Such thoughts were better left unsaid. But she couldn't stop herself. "I was trained to fight. I was supposed to be a Willhammer."

"I... became a Soulsword. Not what was expected of me. Not that it mattered. With my standing a Menti warrior is all there was for me. I will be a warrior until I grow old. Following the Virtues of Order, to respect my place in the system, Power to better myself and my family, and Honor to bring pride to my people. That is all there is for me. All there ever could have been."

"When I've grown old, I will be a Datsue. Free to do what I like with the rest of my life. But until then the restoration of my family is what I have. The sole goal. This expedition has been wonderful, to feel useful. Important." A pause, as she regarded the ocean with somber eyes. "We'll be headed back across eventually. And I'll go back to the uphill journey to restore my family. Back to being subservient. Dragon-a-dozen."

"My path was set from the moment I was born. My place was, too. Power is meant to teach us to improve ourselves, but our people stifle efforts to become anything better than what we were born into. Even if I drag my family's name up from where it has fallen, I will never amount to anything higher than Menti."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: I bristled politel--

"Wow. Déjà vu." I murmured lowly to myself, staying otherwise politely silent at the second time I'd been regaled by Sinshi's sad, sad situation back on Kentoku. I'd already made my thoughts on the subject clear.

After all, that was why I'd decided to make some very uncharacteristically late errands tonight.

helo frens

IC:

An arm wrapped around the shoulders of the tipsy Menti, along with a further-nestled head, spoke louder than any meaningless you can be anything you wanna be! mantras that some loudmouth from the slums could provide her. 

"For what it's worth," slums girl said, trying to lighten up her guest again, "I think you're a ######uva girl."

-Tyler

Edited by Luke Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Dakte)

"We'll have to up our game," Dakte replied dryly.

Looking ahead, he saw a crevice where the sandstone cliffs split. A dirt path ran along its base, bordered by bamboo and short plants with rough leaves and orange flowers.

"I think that's our path."

OOC: MNOGII Music Plays

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

The path that cut through led us out on a massive green pasture, with paths leading away to what looked like other parts of the island, in the distance I could see endless tracts of sand and a mountain topped in something white side by side, and I swore I could hear the low rumblings of what could be an active volcano.

In this spot, I saw for the first time just how strange this island truly was. Only mere days away from the fertile and humid bay we'd dropped into, which reminded us a fair bit of home sweet home, were a massive mountain and a vast expanse of something I'd never seen before.

I remained quiet there for a moment, wathcing.

"This island is legitimately just full of surprises

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:Elaadis

Elaadis smiled at the falls.

"Yeah, it's..." On one hand, she had expected something...grander. Maybe taller, maybe wider, she didn't know. On the other hand it was very....serene. Peaceful. Hard to say that about a torrent of water falling down a cliffside into a massive spray, but whatever.

"...it's nice."

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

We could stay.

That was the first thought that sprang to mind, and I can't say that it was an unpleasant one. If ever there was a place better for me, where I didn't have to worry about being bifurcated for taking the seat of some stuck-up soon-to-be-empress, I had yet to find it.

Yeah.

It could be nice.

In the meantime, though....

"Same as she said," I said, the burning end of my smoke pointed to Whitehot. "And, hey, maybe this uphill trek of yours won't be so long after all. I mean, you walk up onto the docks holding half a metal buoy over your head, I'd say that'll bring some honour to your family puh-retty quickly."

IC: Darien

Darien came around the corner, holding a box of donuts of all things. He'd left Tyrus for a while, as he'd been called to deal with some sort of squabble between some fishermen. 

"Oh hey Tyrus..." He looked at the foreigner accompanying him. "...Ma'am...care for some donuts?"

IC:

"Oh, Darien," the Marine said, his eyes widening slightly at his comrade's sudden arrival. "Good to see you again."

He glanced back at his companion.

"Ms. Akimoto, may I present Private Darien of the Ga-Koro Marines. Darien, this is Ms. Dastana Akimoto."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kadon - Ga-Wahi

I clamped my hands over my ears, but it was too late. The all-too-familiar ringing sound was back, and I couldn't help but wonder just how damaged my hearing was at this point. If I ever survived long enough to be a Turaga, I'd probably be deaf as a post.

Of course, I could reflect on the old age I'd probably never make it to later. Obviously, trying to keep things at range wasn't working for me. Time to stop playing around with elemental powers.

I grabbed my scythes and charged at Drome, charging the blades with electricity as I closed the distance. I hadn't charged them so much that it was visible- I wanted to catch Drome off guard again. I swung one at Drome, shouting, 
"You'll pay for that, rotten orange!"

Rotten orange. That's one insult I hadn't ever counted on using before I met Drome. If nothing else, the orange lump of a Toa is unique, I guess.

IC: Wraith

Wraith put the hat out of his mind, he had bigger concerns, like the liberation of his village. Understanding that they needed a more private place to talk, the group went to the nearby tavern. Wraith hung the hat up on the coat rack and left it there before sitting down. 

He examined each of them, they had himself, Seven, Ahren and....Gabe. So overall if he counted himself, Seven and Ahren and subtracted Gabe...their strength was two. They definitely needed to recruit more members if they wanted a chance at retaking Ko-koro. 

"We need to recruit." 

Edited by Leonard Bones McCoy

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Daijuno, you have my eternal thanks. That was an opening I could never have hoped to get on my own: I owed her a lot right there.

"Not to mention, you'll hold the distinction of being only the second person on the archipelago to wield a steel sword." I cut in, reaching to my side.

Moment of truth, T... Time to stick it to an entire nation.

With what had to be the smuggest look any of the group assembled had the chance to see all day, I produced the Rapier with one hand, and the rest of the bag in the other.

"It'd be a stain upon your honor to turn away a gift from a friend, right, Miss Sinshi?"

Edited by Best Gungnir
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: Wraith

"Yes...we to find people who aren't afraid of death..." Wraith looked at Gabe. "...or losing their hats." 

IC: Arisaka

The Lady had retired to the The Chiisai Ryu and Arisaka had found herself...off duty? She'd been ordered to take a break as it was, despite having no desire to do so. 

She wasn't sure what to do with herself in all honesty, she stood in the docks of Ga-koro, just outside the ship. She was supposed to find a 'fun' activity, something entertaining.

She started doing pushups. 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

OOC: MNOGII Music Plays

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

The path that cut through led us out on a massive green pasture, with paths leading away to what looked like other parts of the island, in the distance I could see endless tracts of sand and a mountain topped in something white side by side, and I swore I could hear the low rumblings of what could be an active volcano.

In this spot, I saw for the first time just how strange this island truly was. Only mere days away from the fertile and humid bay we'd dropped into, which reminded us a fair bit of home sweet home, were a massive mountain and a vast expanse of something I'd never seen before.

I remained quiet there for a moment, wathcing.

"This island is legitimately just full of surprises

IC (Dakte)

"Incredible..." Dakte breathed, looking up at the dark cone of the Mangai Volcano that towered over the island's landscape, and the cloud-crowned white mountains of Ko-Wahi beyond. Snow was exceedingly rare in the archipelago, only to be seen on the tops of the highest mountains during the coldest of winters.

He turned to the Datsue.

"I don't think it's an exaggeration to say that Mata Nui itself is just as varied as its people."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vilda Mako (Old Fusa Path)

"Yeah... it's pretty striking"

I was at a loss for words, honsestly. Poetry had never been my strong suit, which I had to admit there was a few times I'd regretted.

"It looks like there's a way up on top of the cliffs we passed through to the side here. Feel like taking in the scenery?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Dakte)

"But of course."

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

"Alright, follow me!"

By the time I'd clambered my way past several fallen tree trunks, a couple of bushes and several steep hills, I was kicking myself mentally for making that declaration.

"Well, we're here" I said with great relief as I dumped down on a tree trunk and finally gave a looksie at the view, "I gotta say, I've had to travel a lot farther to get views like this back home"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Thak from Le-Wahi:

The pair stepped out from the ashy volcanic region of Ta-Wahi into the more shrubby but verdant region of Ga-Wahi.

The road from Le-Koro was a long one.

Thak took a deep breath, the slightly salty air tingling his nostrils.

"Ah, Ga-Wahi. One of my favorite areas, I must admit. Koro ain't too far from here."

Edited by Chumpu

IC: Kadon - Ga-Wahi

I clamped my hands over my ears, but it was too late. The all-too-familiar ringing sound was back, and I couldn't help but wonder just how damaged my hearing was at this point. If I ever survived long enough to be a Turaga, I'd probably be deaf as a post.

Of course, I could reflect on the old age I'd probably never make it to later. Obviously, trying to keep things at range wasn't working for me. Time to stop playing around with elemental powers.

I grabbed my scythes and charged at Drome, charging the blades with electricity as I closed the distance. I hadn't charged them so much that it was visible- I wanted to catch Drome off guard again. I swung one at Drome, shouting, "You'll pay for that, rotten orange!"

Rotten orange. That's one insult I hadn't ever counted on using before I met Drome. If nothing else, the orange lump of a Toa is unique, I guess.

IC: Drome

So Kadon was charging me. He did remember why he usually fought at a range against me, right? I was stronger than he was. I had a longer reach than he did. And I had a longer weapon than he did. So uh... I guess he wanted me to hurt him?

Whatever. Point was, I was already pulling back my mace, ready to swing it into the oncoming Toa with the force of at least four and a half Tarakava punches. I wanted to see if a Toa of lightning could fly.

"The orange may be rotten, but the blueberries are about to be HALF OFF FOR BEING DAMAGED FOOD THAT NEEDS TO SELL FAST!"

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

"Alright, follow me!"

By the time I'd clambered my way past several fallen tree trunks, a couple of bushes and several steep hills, I was kicking myself mentally for making that declaration.

"Well, we're here" I said with great relief as I dumped down on a tree trunk and finally gave a looksie at the view, "I gotta say, I've had to travel a lot farther to get views like this back home"

IC (Dakte)

"It's certainly scenic," Dakte replied, standing nearby. The Menti wasn't even out of breath.

And the view was scenic. Naho Bay stretched out before them, encircled by more sandstone cliffs and crags except at the far end, where the mouth of the bay straddled a small island. Beyond, the open ocean glittered in the sunshine.

Down below, the pads and bridges of Ga-Koro floated just off the beach like a green spiderweb. The Chiisai Ryuu was a small cyan dot by the docks.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Kadon - Ga-Wahi Coast

You know, that insult nearly did me in. It was so random, so unanticipated, so not-insulting, that I almost paused to wonder how on Mata Nui Drome had managed to come up with that one. "You must be getting old, Drome! That was the worst one yet!" I retorted as quickly as I could. I didn't have the time to think up anything more creative than that- Drome was about to swing his mace.

Then I had an idea. I charged one sickle with as much elemental electricity as I could in the fraction of a second that I had, then swung at Drome's mace instead of Drome.  I was trying for a glancing blow, but it would likely be knocked out of my hand. That didn't really matter, though: If his mace connected with the now-crackling sickle, Drome would have a lot more to worry about than I would.

I was also trying to dodge as much as I could manage, but my plan didn't leave me with much leeway. There was a good chance that I was going to get nailed regardless of whether or not my plan worked. Which, in hindsight, really doesn't make it the best of plans, does it? Eh, whatever. All that I really cared about at the time was frying Drome, or as near to that as I could manage to get.

Edited by Cadias

IC: Drome

Was it terrible? Yes. Was it really one of my worst? Hah, Kadon should have known better. I had far worse than that in store, and I was going to shout them all as i was kicking his butt halfway across the island. "It's because of too much exposure to you! You drain the intellect of those around you to bring them down to your level!"

Then my mace struck his sickle. Ugh, he's slowed himself down to throw me off.... is what I wanted to shout, but I was too busy being shocked by the electricity. With the shock through my limbs, my muscles stiffened, my grip locked, and I was no longer able to steer myself. Pulled by my momentum, I swung around again, falling on my side. "Graaaagleglegle!"

If Kadon was still moving forward, he would likely found the mace no longer swinging from the side, but instead now flailing over my collapsing form, heading forward at... about face height. EAT MY MACE YOU PATHETIC SPARK BUG!

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

She had been quiet, mulling her companions' word over in her mind. Whatever she was going to say was forgotten the instant Tarkus spoke, replaced by the sound of a long, sharp breath. Her eyes widened, doing their best to take in as much of the sight as they could while the woman's mind reeled. Held before here was a blade constructed from perhaps three pounds of steel, long and slender, with a simple, functional design. Not gilded, not ornate, it was worth more than her entire family had ever held in dragons. Within the Dasaka Empire it was priceless, not even worth contemplating for the average trader.

These thoughts passed in a blur, before her mind latched onto one fact; the blade was beautiful. Well-crafted by someone with practice in their trade, and cleanly constructed. Its scabbard was simple leather, carefully cured and prepared. The leather wrapped handle and smooth, sweeping hilt were the only visible aspects of the gift, but curiosity drove her to see the rest.

Slowly, almost hesitatingly, she stood and took the sword from Tarkus. Scabbard in one hand, handle in the other, a slow pull revealed the blade inch by inch. It was heavier than she expected, than its crystalline counterpart at her side, but something about its balance was right. The blade extended, unerringly straight, in front of her as she assumed a simple stance, pivoting to look out across the ocean.

Lunge.

She was slow, her arm drooping under the unusual weight. Drawing it back into her stance, she contemplated the weapon a moment. The hints of moonlight illuminated it before her, casting the blade in pure whites and deep grays.

Parry.

The rapier flicked out to deflect an incoming strike from an unseen foe, the sound of blade on blade ringing in her ears, as she pivoted and twisted into...

Riposte.

An almost seamless transition from defense to offense, a steel point lancing out to strike at her opponents. It was heavier, for certain; it took more energy to make it move, and more strength to stop once it began. But it held greater force. From one strike alone she could feel it, the power, the energy, the raw potential it held. She needed practice. Practice to wield it best. But she could feel the potential within it, the care with which it had been made and carried, as though the rapier itself was the bearer of a soul. It felt right, and as she held it, it seemed as weightless as her own soul.

"Tarkus..." Her voice was soft, almost as quiet as the blade sliding back into its sheath. Sinshi turned back to the group, the rapier cradled carefully in her arms.

"I can't thank you enough."

• Upvote 3

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: I chuckled, fishing my free hand into the bag that was held in the other. "For starters, why don't you promise to read this?" I asked half-seriously, producing a blue leather-bound book: Starting Sharpness: Maintaining Your Weapon and the Mind Behind It.

"I imagined the upkeep for something made of metal doesn't exactly match common practice on the Archipelago, so I went and grabbed the entire set. Blade, polish, grindstone... All tools you're gonna need to climb that hill." I explained, glancing around the assembled party. Daijuno's face was one of open awe -- not surprising, given all the extremely crazy gifts going around. The Sergeant's, closer to pride than anything else. Now, that also made sense, considering that she seemed to hold the idea that Miss Sinshi will never be more than a mere soldier in the same contempt as I did.

The Commodore, as I suppose I should have expected, I couldn't read unless she wanted me to.

I turned back to Menti in the spotlight, smirk receding into something a little less smug...

"And you plan on doing it, right? I've never been much one for revolution like a certain Po-Toa we know, and I've no place in the politics of your homeland..."

...And a little more confident.

"But I can help you on your way up, even if just a little."

Edited by Best Gungnir

helo frens

IC:

The change in topic hadn't been missed by Tyrus; would a craftswoman in a niche field be so quick to avoid talking about it? Teacher had learned a great deal about humanity's inherent narcissism, and what he had learned didn't mesh with that knowledge.

No, she was hiding something. But what?

"Indeed," he said, smiling, seeing how he could play this. "One of the best militaries on the island, in my humble opinion. Certainly one located in the most scenic environment."

IC (Akimoto)

Aki nodded. "It's beautiful. Have you always lived here?"

IC: Betrii

I run to my new friends.

"What will we do?"

IC: Raku - Ga-Koro

"I don't know go into that waterfall over there? Although is it possible not to get wet?"

"You can stay here if you're afraid, Raku."

I run into the waterfall before he can flame up again.

"There's some kind of passage back here!"

I run to my new friends.

"What will we do?"

IC: Raku - Ga-Koro

"I don't know go into that waterfall over there? Although is it possible not to get wet?"

"You can stay here if you're afraid, Raku."

I run into the waterfall before he can flame up again.

"There's some kind of passage back here!"

IC: Toku and Raku - Ga-Koro

"Hang on I've got an idea!"

He threw his axes into the top of the rock, they still attached to them from a while back

"Grab on Raku"

He grabbed the rope and was then pushed hard by Toku, he was flung through the water

"*shudders*"

Toku went and pulled the axes down, he walked through

"All in!"

Edited by masterchirox580

It's time to move on.

IC: Toku and Raku - Ga-Koro

"Hang on I've got an idea!"

He threw his axes into the top of the rock, they still attached to them from a while back

"Grab on Raku"

He grabbed the rope and was then pushed hard by Toku, he was flung through the water

"*shudders*"

Toku went and pulled the axes down, he walked through

"All in!"

"Great, let's check this out."