BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC Kirgan, Tuli & Khervos

(Ga-Koro, Juho's hut):

While Kirgan agreed to stay in the hut, primarily to be able to keep an eye on Vesun, Tuli shook her head at Karna's request. "Kirgan and Khervos will stay in the hut, but I'm coming with you."

Khervos was about to object, but Tuli turned to him. "I was a guard", she said. "I may not have any fancy powers, but I have the training and experience for these situations."

"Those are plasma and gravity Toa out there", Khervos objected.

"I have resistance against heat and I date a Ba-Matoran", Tuli said with a wink. "I'd say I'm quite prepared for this."

Khervos took out his disk launcher. "If you're going out there, there's no way you'll make me stay. Someone needs to watch your back. And you can watch mine."

Khervos turned to Kirgan. "Keep Vesun safe."

OoC: Character Introduction

IC: Eleen (Ga-koro Marines HQ)

Focus..

Finally, we're catching up to them. The wind is on our side. Mata Nui be blessed! We are finally close enough to shoot them. "Unleash arrows!" I shout. My archers obey, and unleash a blazing barrage of flaming arrows at them. The sails of the pirate ship catch fire and start burning. "Prepare to board!" I have no intention to sink the ship. Who knows how much loot it has inside? Besides, it is best if most of the pirates survive, so they can be appropriately punished. Our ship closes on them, I ready myself. Suddenly, I notice a disk approaching me. Before I can react and raise my shield, the disk hits me in the head. I feel nothing but pain. I yelp, stumble, and fall into the water. Then, everything is dark..

I must channel the energy inside me, control the energy running through my veins. I focus, and feel the power surging outside my body.

The darkness vanishes, and I feel something again. Unfortunately, it's pain. I cough and retch, water spouting out of my mouth. I'm surrounded by people who seem familiar. Are they my warriors? They rescued me. But.. there's something in my grip. Is it my spear? No, it's heavier and smaller. I raise my hand, and see a Toa stone grasped tightly between my fingers.

There is nothing else in the world. Only the energy. I can feel it inside of my body. I concentrate, and suddenly, lightning strikes from my palm, arcing into the nearby wooden target. It starts burning. I stand up, pick up the bucket I had prepared and throw the water on the fire, extinguishing it.

I kneel before the Suva, and pray to the slumbering Great Spirit, hoping that he can hear me. The blue, dimly glowing Toa stone is grasped in my hands. Suddenly, a small hole opens in the shrine. I look at it with curiosity and doubt. Why did it open? I stand up, and walk closer to it. The hole is similar in size to my stone. Is this an omen? Is it my Destiny to become a Toa?

The door opens. Lieutenant Aiha appears, I immediately put down my bucket and salute him. He looks at me, glances at the charred wooden target before turning back to look me in the eyes again. He speaks with a strict, commanding voice: "Corporal Eleen! Get your squad ready, it's the only one training in the barracks right now. There's been a report of a Ba-Toa going on a rampage and causing damage to buildings. Dismissed, be quick." I nod, say "Yes Sir!" and walk past him through the door way. One Toa of gravity shouldn't be too much trouble.

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC:

"I am quite certain," The Le-Toa began, adding a little cream to her second mug of coffee and taking a sip. Half her breakfast had, by this point, disappeared, and she seemed to be pausing before continuing her meal. "That that isn't quite how that calculation goes. Slight variance in the result."

IC:

"Take it how you wish."

IC:

"I get the feeling you don't do math well."

IC:

"Haha. That's what I said."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"I am more capable of mathematics than a surfer from Ga-Koro." The Le-Toa shot back, taking a sip of her coffee and several bites of her food. "And that wasn't even proper mathematics to begin with."

"Admittedly clever, but not math."

IC:

"Someone's mildly clever."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC - Tarkah [Marine Headquarters]:

"Y-Yeah, it was Private Talli. She named me after one of her relatives - something about how I looked at things." He smiled, hoping that his new superior wouldn't recognize the rahi namesakes. Ta nudged his head back down towards the document and the Toa sat back down.

"Hmm.. Well, I don't have a formal residence and the doctors in Pa-Koro didn't find any debilitations in me..." Tarkah muttered as he quickly began ticking off the appropriate boxes. He looked almost guilty but didn't seem to linger on the "next of kin" line and even more ashamed to leave the prior experience list untouched.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: Skorm dived towards the surface. The air had become much more crowded than it was moments before; He became aware of the toa diving toward him, and the cloud of smoke below him. Smirking at Angitu, Skorm dove straight down into the cloud, activating his mask. When he left the cloud a split second later, invisible. He changed the gravity around him, and glided to behind a building nearby. As he neared the ground, he slowed his fall to a stop, his unseen cloak fluttering down behind him. Time to get to work, the other, less flashy way.

Kalyss ignored the other occupants of the airspace; she was just thankful for the assist from the other Ba-Toa; she'd have to thank him afterwards. Her fall was slowed, but she was still falling from a significant distance. Channeling plasma through her armor, she managed to create enough thrust to, shakily, control her descent towards the water; when she was several feet above, she dropped, hitting the water running back towards the crowd gathered.

Casanuva turned Vakua over, and looked him over. Not drawing breath, heartstone flickering. It didn't take someone trained in basic field aid to figure out lungs full of water. Remembering his training, Casanuva placed his left hand over the center of Vakua's chest, and... oh. Yeah. Other hand was useless. Well, this was quite the conundrum. But, he wasn't a toa for nothing. He activated his mask, and felt out the right spot to compress, gingerly pressing down, to avoid crushing his brother's chest like a piece of fruit. After several compressions, Vakua's head leaned to the side, vomiting forth water, and coughing quietly.

OOC: I must apologize for my tardiness, it takes a certain level of commitment to write a consistent post with more than two characters, and I like to give everyone a chance to react before I cut in with (mostly Skorm's) actions. Thank you all for your patience!

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

"He moved!" Mirra cursed, seeing Skorm vanish into the smoke cloud, and not seeing him splatter onto the crystal spikes she'd placed where she'd though he was going to land.

"He's using a Huna, right?" Wisp recalled. "Huna wearers still cast a shadow!"

Mirra got the idea, reabsorbing the elemental energy from the crystal spikes and using it to form a series of lightstone globes which she scattered across the lily-pad. With any luck, they would reveal any hidden enemies lingering nearby...

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Mura)

"Oh, uh, ok!" he ran hastily after the other matoran to whoever this "Vesun" person was...

The smoke obscured everything, but- 

"Hang on!" he shouted to the others...Near to where he had fallen in, Vakua and Casanuva were just visible. He needed to know what was happening...

He ran over to them, his eyes widening when he saw that the De-Toa was unconcious...

"What's happening?! Where's Kalyss?" he asked Casanuva nervously...

IC: (Mura)

Casanuva didn't seem to have heard the question, so Mura asked again.

Edited by Silo

Kathok

IC Tuli & Khervos

(Ga-Koro):

With a nod at Kirgan, Tuli and Khervos raced out of the hut towards the scene of battle. Tuli didn't know how she could be of help to all the Toa battling Skorm, but was determined not to sit around.'

IC Kirgan & Juho (NPC)

(Ga-Koro, Juho's hut):

Kirgan sat next to Vesun while the friendly Ga-Matoran visited another room to get some water for the Toa of Gravity.

"When he awakes, drinking water will help him regain his energy faster", he explained. "I'm Juho, by the way."

"I'm Kirgan", Kirgan said. "It's really nice of you to offer sanctuary like this."

"Think nothing of it", Juho said. "I believe it's the duty of all followers of Mata Nui to help one another." Juho knelt by Vesun and used a wet towel on his forehead.
 "May I ask you how he lost his consciousness?"

"I think he used his powers too much", Kirgan replied.

Juho nodded. "In that case it should not take him too long to recover, as long as he is in a comfortable environment with his mask on."

IC:

"Interesting," the Lesterin said, watching Tarkah as he wrote his way into the Ga-Koro Marines. "In any case, you seem to have things well in-hand. I don't suppose that you'd begrudge me leaving you to finish up registering for a moment, not while I have a visit to our healers?"

For emphasis, Tyrus raised his right arm, letting his sleeve fall away to reveal Flynn's handiwork.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Eleen (Ga-koro)

As we cross the wooden bridges that connect the large lily pads, we finally catch a glimpse of the devastation. A pillar of smoke is rising to the sky, and there seems to be substantial damage done to the platform by the Ba-Toa. I have five privates following me, three Matoran and two Lesterin, armed with bows and various close combat weapons. When we are near the scene, I look around. and see some people amidst the smoke. They seem to be Toa or Lesterin, but I'm uncertain which, as well as some Matoran. There is no sign of the Ba-Toa who is behond all this devastation. I have little knowledge about what exactly has happened here, so I need to question the witnesses and the people involved in this after we arrest the criminal.

When we approach the smoke, I call out to the people around us: "Everybody stop what you are doing right now, in the name of Akiri Hahli!" I still can't see any Ba-Toa anywhere. Where is he? If he has escaped, we will need to find him. This deed shall not go unpunished, especially if there are civilian casualties.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Angitu grimaced in anger as Skorm avoided him once again.

Putting his anger past him for a moment, he realized that he was rapidly approaching the ground, Angitu unsuccessfully attempted to duck into a roll to soften his impact. He instead hit the ground hard, his attempted roll only succeeding in leaving him sprawled on his back.

Angitu didn't move as he lied on the ground. He vaguely heard a commanding voice yelling something about the Akiri, he moved his head up to look himself over, noticing his armor was bruised, battered and dented. His helmet's visor had a couple cracks on the left side. 

He attempted to stand, getting to his knees before collapsing back onto his back, unconscious.

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007

OOC: Sorry for not posting more, but things got unexpectedly busy for me the past few days, but we finally made it! Mata-Nui is on the horizon and our esteemed GM Nuju Metru will take care of getting us to shore =)

IC (Ayiwah):

Captain's Log

The Chiisai Ryuu, en route to the Island of Mata Nui, Bearing: N 86° W

Day 79

These are our final days of the journey to the island. If all goes well, we should make landfall within the next day, though that depends on the situation we find when we get in range. Our chosen port is the fishing-village named Ga-Koro. The first expedition reported this village's population has a higher female to male ratio, which I hope will making a formal first contact easier, since that is something we share with them.

I have ordered a submerged approach, until we can make the determination that it is safe to reveal our presence. Several Suihei are still injured and have not been able to return back to active duty. We have not lost any crew to the squid-attack, thank Zuto-Nui, but we are not back to full capability just yet. The repairs that were made to the Ryuu's drive section have held up well so far, but for all their quality, they are temporary solutions. Once we reach Mata Nui, we should be able to gather the resources to do a proper job. But compared to our other tasks these repairs are relatively low on our list of priorities.

Officially we are here to establish peaceful relations with the people of Mata Nui; and I will make sure we do not carry the conflict from home to this new land.

Inofficially...I need to speak with Lady Hanako -

-----

The Commodore put down her quill, looking down at the log-entry with uncertainty of whether or not to continue. The thoughts she contemplated putting to paper contained sensitive information that, though not putting any of those involved at immediate risk, could still be a cause of a lot of trouble down the line.

She had been contacted by the royal executioner, less than five days after the launch of the expedition. That had been over two months ago now, but the conversation was still clear in her mind as it had been that day.

-----

Umbraline Rayuke, several weeks ago, somewhere in the royal palace on Sado:

I sat upon my chair, the world slowly drifting away as I began my deep meditations. Soon I was nearly wholly within the mental plane, the realm of thought and emotions as real and tangible to me as the very wood I was sitting on. Every mind a unique fingerprint, every soul a projection of their physical selves in the quasi-real world of shifting realities. Even here however I did not tarry, instead focusing even further, feeling my view of the mental plane slowly fold, going from a flat sheet to a cone to eventually a narrow, powerful beam of pure thought. To any outside observer on this plane I had become non-existent, a mere line in an otherwise fluid atmosphere. This served two purposes; one, I could focus all my attentions on contacting a distant individual without the usual distractions, and two it secured said conversation from prying minds. This was to be a private conversation and I was utilizing all my Willhammer experience to make it so. Once in proper focus I could feel my mind fly down the tunnel I had created, reaching out the particular individual in which I sought.

"Ayiwah, can you hear me?"

Upon reaching her, Rayuke could feel a bit of surprise. The commodore had not exactly expected him to make contact, but there was a feeling of familiarity there as well. He was family, after all.

"Executioner." she greeted him formally. "How may I be of service?"

Upon making mental contact and the handshake established, Rayuke's mind was free to traverse down the rest of the corridor he had created, establishing both his mind and presence within the subject's. This led to a lesser-known phenomenon known only by the handful of Willhammers who knew and perfected the practice, and the select few who had been the recipient of it, willing or otherwise. Rayuke filled the Commodore's field of vision, as if he had magically teleported to her location instantly. This was not actually the case, but a mere figment of the imagination, the placing of a mental avatar in her mind, but one that acted and reacted as much as if he was actually there. It also allowed him to see through the eyes of the individual, but only if allowed... or is the subject's will had already been crushed. Thankfully this was not the first time he had done this with her... Ayiwah's distance to political affairs as Master of the Imperial Fleets gave him a measure of security with her, someone to talk to about things he would not normally discuss with others.

Besides, she was a distant cousin, and a blood-cousin at that. Clasping his arms behind his back he gave a polite nod.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

"Not at all, Rayuke." the commodore replied. "I was just finishing log entries."

She looked at the mental projection of the executioner. She had gotten used to this interesting perk of master willhammers, thought it still was a strange experience, especially for her as a soulsword. But it was time to get to the heart of the matter. If Rayuke contacted her, it usually was because of matters of import, or secrecy. Contacting her this far out, she suspected it was both in this case.

"I assume this is not just a courtesy call. How may I be of service?"

A ghost of a smile played on my lips. "Indeed. I'll be frank, I do not like the political situation that is quickly unravelling back here." My face quickly turned into a deep frown. "Law is my expertise, not politics, but even I can see a no-win situation when it's presented on the horizon."

Ayiwah mirrored the frown as her mind replayed Rora Yusanora's assassination. Her way of running things had been rather conservative, but her way of handling her rule had garnered a lot of sympathy as well, beyond that of the Umbralines and their allies. Yumiwa, for all her enthusiasm, energy and cleverness still lacked a lot of those qualities. It was not her fault of course, Yusanora would have had many more good years on the throne. But the situation was what it was and they had to deal with it as best as they could.

"I understand what you are saying. There is a power vacuum...one that is not easily filled. I imagine some of the less conservative clans are pressing for great change, are they not?"

"More or less, but that's not what concerns me." I paused for a second, collecting my thoughts. "Its the eventual pairing of Yumiwa. Kuno is the most likely candidate, but its no secret how much I personally loathe that family... as much as most of us do." I gave a sad shake of the head. "I have no doubt that Fursic witch is cackling in her tower, spinning her wheels and web as to gain as much advantage from the upheaval as possible... which may include the eventual engagement of my niece to her son. Yet I cannot honestly say there is a better candidate."

I shifted slightly. "With everyone clamouring for power and pressing for changes, no matter what happens I fear we will be on the short end of it. Whomever is chosen to be the Rora's Consort will appease some while tick off others; there is no winning here. Kuno is the logical choice, the pairing of our families the only way to possibly bring some semblance of Order to the Empire, but to swallow that... " I looked directly at Ayiwah.

"I think that is a pill the Fursics would /love/ to shove down our throats."

Ayiwah was silent for a moment, crossing her arms and looking down at her lap as she pondered. Rayuke's assessment was accurate as always. Personally, she did not harbour any ill will towards the Fursics as a clan, but she did not have much love left for them either. Its members had been responsible for the death of her father, and she had brought justice to the killers during the last Fursic uprising. But Fursic Toroshu Nera would revel in the opportunity a marriage between Rora Yumiwa and Fursic first son Kuno presented her.

Then a slight smile crossed her face.

"Yes, I am sure they would. But if they want Yumi to take it they will need nothing short of a miracle. Our Rora has many skills she needs to improve, but her taste in partners is quite excellent and from what I know I can say that Fursic Kuno does not fit it in any way."

"And with all due respect: I don't believe in the no-win scenario."

It was at this statement that I smiled, a rare gift bestowed on far too few. "Which is why I am speaking to you about this. Yes, my niece may have decent wits when it comes to possible mates, but I don't think she will be presented with much of a choice. /None/ of us will if the present situation retains it current course. That said, I DO see a possible way out of this scenario, one that I think only you can pull off... and considering your last statement, I think my faith is justified."

The commodore raised an eyebrow. Rayuke was a deliberate man and his ideas usually reflected that. She was curious to find out what he had in mind.

"What would you have me do?"

Rayuke's gaze was intense. "Find her a suitable partner."

Now both her eyebrows were raised in surprise. She had expected something along the lines of a task that would cause the political situation back home to stabilize. This was...quite unexpected.

"I can do that." she finally said, then added: "But the way I see it...I will need to find more than one possible mate. I don't think Yumiwa would be happy or more inclined to trade one forced marriage for another."

"Indeed." I said quietly, my eyes narrowing, "though there is more to that request than what is presented at face value. You are correct - just finding one individual would not do us any good. But we know nothing of this Mata-Nuian civilization - despite the scouting reports we know not if they are primitive or if perhaps more advanced than us, if they are nothing more than a band of tribal peoples or have an Empire to rival our own. I am not asking you to throw away your other objectives, but simply asking to add another... though this request has far more reaching implications than one may think. For depending on what or whom you bring back it may not only restore our family's position amongst the Toroshu, but possibly unite the Empire in a way not seen in generations. If these people are an honourless, orderless, merciless band of primitives that show themselves a threat, it may be the one thing that the Rora can use to bring together the Clans in a war of conquest. On the other hand, if they are a civilized bunch, a people with culture and honourable leaders, an inter-racial marriage between one of their most respected leaders may also hold the key to a re-strengthening of our Empire - and that's what I'm counting, if not hoping on."

I took in a long breath. "Not only would this possibility bring in new subjects, land, and resources into the fold, but completely sidestep the tricky issue of which clan First Son to pair her off with. Suddenly now the world gets a little bit larger, and the Rora is our representative of a combined peoples, not just the Kentoku islands, her position much more important and valuable than before. If such allies could be found then I have no doubt the remaining clans would find themselves eager to return to the fold, to share in the spoils of our new allies. Or in the case of conflict, the spoils of war. Either way this can be used to our advantage, but the former yields more opportunities and greater results."

Ayiwah nodded. "A solid plan in theory - but I foresee it becoming a delicate operation in practice."

"We must evaluate their civilisation first, like you said. The reports we have so far indicate that they live in tribal villages and that they are technologically less advanced than we are in many areas, but that was many moons ago. We may find that things have changed since then. But the impression I had though, is that they are a very liberated people. Barbaric by our standards or not, even if this plan of yours works out favourably and the Rora finds a mate from Mata Nui to marry, that does not guarantee anything more than her having an exotic partner. Even if they are a great civilization with honourable leaders, they might not desire a closer relationship with our empire. So whatever we do, we must do it with great care. Which means we can only look for volunteers to come to Kentoku, or if they are as independent as the reports indicate, we can try to persuade those who are open to...incentives. But we can not force them, lest we want to risk appearing like the barbarians we suspect they might be."

Her hand unconsciously found its way to her chin, fingers tracing her jawline in thought.

"Imagine if things were reversed...if we suddenly were discovered by an even larger nation than ourselves and they come, uninvited with a desire to take our people back to their home with them. How would we react?"

"All... valid points." I nodded sagely, mulling over her words. "I am not as... up to date with the current affairs with your crew or the island you are going to, so what I speak of is out of some minor ignorance. Yet my request is still a valid one, which is why I am talking to your personally and privately about this. No matter what happens, you will be in charge and responsible for whatever transpires over there, successful trip or not. You will need to think on your feet and make the best decisions you can without the aid or guidance of us here. I have complete faith in you and can think of no better Menti to lead this historic expedition. Therefore I leave it up to you to best decide how to go about this what based on what you will eventually learn. Even discarding my agenda your actions will still determine the outcome of the near future of our Empire, possible Rora partner or not. I do not want to burden you with undue stress, but I simply see an opportunity here that has not been presented to us since the formation of the Empire. I just wish for you to... keep this in mind if at all possible during your exploration."

The one thing that Ayiwah would take away from this conversation was the feeling of responsibility. The executioner had raised the stakes quite a bit just now. The task he asked of her was nothing impossible of course - but the implications and consequences that might follow were as serious as things could be.

"Of course, Rayuke. I was merely voicing concerns that I feel were important to address. Your trust honours me."

She looked the mental image of him in the eyes. "I understand that this is a classified matter, but with your permission, I would like to share this task with Lady Hanako. She speaks with Yumiwa's authority. Her counsel on these matters would be of great assistance. And in case anything should happen to me or her, my first mate, Tazera, should be informed as well."

I took a moment to weigh the request. "Yes, very well," I said slowly, "there is wisdom in that. You have the right to share as much or as little as you want with whom you want. I would personally however ask to keep that circle to a minimum. Not to cut things short but do you have any other questions or concerns? This is quite a strain on me and soon you will be out of range for me to continue this conversation."

Ayiwah nodded again. She trusted her crew, but for now, Hanako and Tazera would be the only ones who needed to know about this new task. Anybody else would be informed once it became absolutely needed, not before. With that settled, she only had one question left:

"The fact that you contacted me this was implies a sense of urgency in your request - tell me, how tense are things back home really? The crew was chosen to be as representative of Kentoku as possible and our success depends on these members of various clans to work together. If there is civil unrest brewing in the empire, I need to know."

"Short answer, yes." I said bluntly. "You know the Rora was murdered, and then so-called 'Pro-Umbraline' vigilantes killed the Dastana Toroshu in revenge, seeing as how the evidence points to Jasik, the Dastana First Son. There is now rioting in the streets and it's an uphill battle to keep order in Sado. I am scheduling a meeting with the Twin's as soon as I can to finally solve the matter, but things are beginning to get out of hand... in more ways than one."

"Those a troubling news indeed, Rayuke." The commodore's brow furrowed. "I was there when she was assassinated, Vilda Mako and I even helped to interview and screen all the guests before allowing them to leave. But I did not know about the Dastana Toroshu. Have you found these vigilantes yet? Apprehending them and handing them over to the Dastana would show a sign of good will on our part."

"It is... one of many projects on my plate at the moment." I admitted, rubbing the bridge of my mask. "That is easier said than done, trying to keep up with the sudden and in fact very violent outbursts over the last few days... my hands are quite full and its same for my women and in fact the entire Justice department. It's as though the top suddenly blew from long-held sentiment... and if this is the beginning I am deeply troubled and concerned over what it might lead to."

"It will lead to change, I imagine, in way or another. For good or for ill remains to be seen, but I share your concerns. Old grudges can be like smouldering fires." Ayiwah commented. "How is our new Rora handling the situation?"

I raised an eyebrow. "Do I have to answer that question?"

"No. But you said it yourself, once we are out of range, we will not be able to communicate until our return. I would prefer to know as much as possible if we run the risk of coming back in the middle of a civil war. It would help in the long run."

"Well, the risk is there. Through and by whom I don't know, but civil unrest is in the air. As to the new Rora... she is handling it as much as an inexperienced Rora with a superiority complex would - in other words not well. Don't get me wrong, she is smart and resourceful, but the forces against her are even more so. I am doing what I can to advise her but more drastic measures may need to be taken."

I gave a sad smile. "Not good, but it could be worse. Things could /always/ be worse."

-----

With a soft thud, the log-book was closed and Ayiwah put it and her writing utensil back in their proper place, locking up the cupboard. It was better not to have a record of the other objective, at least not now. Before making it to Mata Nui, devoting time and energy to worry about the tasks ahead only diverted attention away from those that needed to be done right now. She would inform Hanako and Tazera once they had solid ground under their feet. She slipped the coat of her uniform back on before exiting the cabin and heading back to the bridge.

They had an island to get to.

• Upvote 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: "How does one theoretically hug? Is it like a metaphorical hug? Moreover, what exactly constitutes a metaphorical hug in the first place at that? A physical gesture of that sort of intimacy and trust is hard to replicate with words alone..." Sudo pointed out, bringing a thoughtful hand to his chin as he turned his head skywards, gazing up at the cloudless skies before tilting his head back at a quirky angle towards the rest of the group, gaze settling upon the Angler.

"What would your take on it be?"

-------------------

IC: "Mind showing me the way, then? Hate to trouble you, but I doubt I'll find it on my own in a town like this."

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC:

"No, I'm trying to convey my annoyance with a brattish, arrogant, insufferable Po-Koro officer."

IC:

"That's better. Now c'mon," The Vo-Toa commented casually, finally making the effort to move to, and out, the cabin door under her own power. "The crew's probably lost by now, and if we delay, we'll lose them."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I"

"Love"

"You"

"BAAAAABY"

IC:

"What do you care?" Raknar asked with a roguish grin. "Once ya spend more than a week on this ship with someone besides me you'll want 'em thrown overboard, sure as spit. I saw you givin' poor Sudo the stank eye."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"..."

"..."

The Le-Toa pushed her food around her plate, taking a few bites out of her food and sips of her coffee as her silence stretched on. Contrary to her previous retorts and quips, her silence was almost palpable.

IC:

"So? Until that day, we have people working for us. No more doing everything ourselves, we have people to do the lower level work that a first mate and captain shouldn't be doing." The Vo-Toa moved with an easy grace, glancing back over her shoulder at him.

"Besides, I haven't thrown you overboard."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Ayiwah speech provided by Corv. 

IC:

The call, transmitted across the mental plane, came from above and beyond Nihi; it bore the Commodore’s crisp salty feel, and it was projected in her unmistakable forte. Dashi and Dasaka alike perked up as the call radiated across the emptiness between thoughts, hitting them in turn like an expanding wave that washed over them all and imbued them with its meaning.

The Commodore’s was a call Nihi had anticipated since that morning, since a black spot of land had been spotted on the horizon at the first light of day.

:We are approaching the island of Mata Nui. All personnel, report immediately to the bridge.:

Nihi, who’d been lying on her bunk with her hands lain over her eyes, sat up at once and, in the suddenness of her motion, hit her head on the bottom of Soraya’s bunk. She winced and squinted, rubbing at her forehead, as the Plangori artisan’s face dipped into view, upside-down, wearing something between a smirk and a scowl. The two made eye contact, and at this point in their journey as bunkmates, that alone was enough to induce humored snorts from them both. Mutually and simultaneously, Nihi and Soraya left their room and joined the trickle of Dasaka in the corridor outside already headed to the Ryuu’s bridge.

When they arrived, the two found themselves near the back of a horseshoe-shaped crowd that’d already formed around the command consoles and depth controls. Sunlight, dappled and blue, fell through the ocean and then through the bridge window to give everything, and everyone, an aquamarine tint. All eyes in the bridge had turned expectantly inwards to watch Commodore Ayiwah. In a small but definite berth, she stood tall, hands loosely clasped behind her back. Her uniform was – as always – impeccable. Her eyes shone brightly, hinting at excitement, but there was also something stern – again, as always – in their expression.

"Dasaka, Suihei,” Ayiwah began, her powerful voice at once silencing the residual titters of the assembled crew. “We are slated to make land on Mata Nui some degrees before sundown, at a Matoran port settlement called Ga-Koro. Only a few Dasaka have ever journeyed such a distance before, to a place our people know so little about.” Nihi shuddered involuntarily as something rippled down her spine. She was one of the only Menti aboard the Ryuu who had voyaged to Mata Nui previously; being this close to the island again reminded Nihi of her importance to the voyage, and the responsibility (the power, she realized with mingled satisfaction and anxiousness) that came with her prior experience.

“Lady Hanako, the Rora’s hand in this expedition, has granted my request to address you all before we arrive,” Ayiwah went on, the timbre of her voice shifting, perhaps even towards passion. “Mata Nui is a strange land, full of unknowns. Though we may be far from our homes and families, even though we come from different clans, have different ranks and social standings… all that we do here, on this island, every step that we take and every word that we utter, will reflect on our people as a whole. Each and every single one of us shares in this responsibility. It is our duty to turn this expedition into a success, not just for our Rora and our Toroshu… but for all Dasaka.

“There are those on this island who have caused us great grief, who have done us harm… and they will face our righteous fury and will be brought to justice. We will teach the Chaotic Six, and any who may chose to stand with them, that they cannot escape retribution, even by fleeing to the ends of the world. They have brought this fate upon themselves, and if they chose to fight Zuto Nui’s judgment we will wipe them out, ruthlessly and with extreme prejudice.”

Nihi found herself nodding along with the Commodore’s words; facing the Piraka, making them suffer for what they had done to her sister, this was why Nihi was returning to Mata Nui. She wouldn’t leave until the Skakdi had paid Zataka in full, until the crimson one had met a fate crueler than Nachi. Nihi already imagined several ways that cruelty could be administered—

But,” Ayiwah snapped, her voice firm as crystal in the fashion of a true sailor. The barked word drew Nihi from the reddish thoughts of her fantasies. “Remember: we have come in the spirit of exploration and diplomacy, to broaden our horizon and establish beneficial relations with this land. We are not here to conquer. Always keep that in your mind. Violence begets violence; if you strike out at these people, you must expect that they will strike back harder than you can. I oppose aggression against the people of Mata Nui on principle… and I hope those of you with more militant tempers have at least the presence of mind to recognize the suicidal idiocy of attacking a foe stronger, more numerous, and more familiar with the land than you are.

“The customs of Mata Nui’s people may seem strange to you; their powers may seem awesome and unnatural. You may feel that they are uncivilized, or you might be offended that they do not subscribe to the same Virtues we do. But remember that they do not know our customs, nor do we know theirs. I will only say this once: do not treat the denizens of Mata Nui as inferiors, or as enemies. Ours may be a great people, a great empire; ours may be the greatest society this world has ever known… but it isn't theirs. This is their island, and their home. They live their lives, dream their dreams, and die their deaths here. So when you tread on this island… tread lightly.”

“That is all; may Zuto Nui smile upon you. Resume your positions. We will make land in less than two hours.”

The orange dusk sky made the waters of Naho Bay appear almost black. As the waves danced, the sheen of orange that floated on their surfaces, mirrors of the twilight, bobbed along in tandem. Ga-Koro’s leafy huts and, beyond them, the pale cliffs that still bore the likeness of a hero long departed, were all awash in amber. Most huts had hung their lamps already; each lightstone and glowfish was an island of luminance that assisted a Matoran in concluding her day’s business.

Further out at sea, under the waves, another spot of brightness yearned to peek out from beneath its blue-black veil. The golden radiance of the Ryuu’s bridge lanterns shone through the submersible’s clear portholes, hazing the proximate water with yellow luminescence. Curious fishes swam past the dots of light and the huge window, but darted to either side, away from this strange whale, as they felt the water around it move. Its ridged, polygonal back pushed up through the sea, hungry for the touch of the sky. The whale ascended, as if for a gulp of air.

The first Mata Nuian to notice something rising from the ocean was a Ga-Matoran, out in her rowboat with a fishing pole. She almost dropped the pole – indeed, almost fell backwards out of her boat – when a dark shape, something big and getting bigger, broke the surface only a few strokes from where she was. Frantically, the Ga-Matoran grabbed for her oars and started towards the village, screaming at the top of her lungs that Tarakava were coming.

Within a few seconds, it became clear to the poor frightened fisher that whatever had just risen was no Tarakava. The upper part of the Ryuu, bigger by far than any Rahi, reared like a sea monster of myth before her eyes, and the fiery light of the ending day caught on its rigid edges and flat faces, affording its unfamiliar shape an aura of mystery. The crystal dragon emblem on the vessel’s bow gleamed, and its huge bridge window, full of silhouettes, was like a glowing eye in the growing darkness.

The whooshing of tons of displaced water, and the Cyclops whale’s brilliant eye, though safely distant from Naho Falls and Ga-Koro’s floating platforms, were loud and bright enough to draw several eyes and ears when they appeared; and once several eyes and ears had been drawn, excited cries and sharp elbows were more than enough to induce the whole Koro to stare at the submarine. Ga-Koro’s lily pad walkways bowed under the weight of dozens of awed spectators.

A hatch on the top of the submarine opened, spilling light up into the settling water vapor above the Ryuu. Hanako Herupa, the Rora’s hand on Mata Nui, was first to emerge from the bright aperture. She stood against the railing and breathed deeply, sucking in the maritime air and remarking that it tasted the same as the sea air back home.

The Dasaka had arrived.

• Upvote 8

test2.png

IC: Darien - Ga-koro -

Darien had been doing is duty as a Marine as he always did, investigating petty thief, making sure the usual brawls that always happened at the bars actually ended. The usual. he wished something interesting would happen. 

Then a giant submarine emerged at the docks, "Well, I supposed I asked for this." A large crowd was already gathering in curiousity. This was hardly the first time Mata Nui had been graced with newcomers, but it was the first time they'd come in something so...incredibly large and mechanical. Certainly could put the engineers of Onu-koro to shame. 

As a marine, Darien figured he'd better stand guard and make sure nothing got out of hand, people could get...excited when the unexpected happened.

"Not something you see everyday..." 

IC: Arisaka - Chisai Ryuu -

They had arrived, Arisaka was already preparing to exit the Chisai Ryuu. It was her duty to protect the Handmaiden and the other important individuals on this expedition and she had no idea what sort of threat the natives would possess. She had to be alert at all times. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Angitu

Angitu opened his eyes, his vision hazy. 

"How long was I out..?" He thought to himself. 

He suddenly dawned upon the fact that his side was in pain. Jolting up as a reaction turned out to be a bad decision as it only caused more pain. 

Angitu bore through the pain, looking down he saw a piece of his armor had fractured in on itself and caused a nasty cut that had turned the sand red. "This..is gonna hurt." He summoned his elemental power and used it to force the armor out of his side. 

"SON OF A -" Angitu winced as he moved to put pressure on the wound. He began crawling towards the waters edge, the goal being to wash the wound. When he got there he glanced up and saw a large aquatic vehicle.

"That's it, It's official. I'm seeing things."

-Kongu Champion Gukko Rider

"Two, Four, One, Ten, Two, Four, One, Ten. Am I Transmitting, Is Anyone Listening..?"

LEGO Universe Fan - BIONICLE Fan from 2001 - Discovered BZP in 2007