BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Eleen (Ga-koro Marines HQ)

Eleen wrote notes about what Casanuva had said. Kalyss was less likely to be the murderer now, but she would wait until she hears the other member of the Toa team before making any judgements. "Tell me what all of you were doing before Skorm started his rampage", she asked in a formal tone, "And did any of you say or do something that might have angered him?"

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: "Well, anything is possible, but I know its probably not a symptom of how we got here. Casanuva we think has been here the longest."

Inside, Casanuva scratched his mask. "No, the fight started with Skorm throwing the first blows. Vakua sensed something hostile, which must have been Skorm, and then he attacked us from stealth. Before that, me and Kalyss were having a... vocal disagreement.

I'll say you were.

Quiet, you.

Quiet as can be.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Casanuva thought for a moment. "Well, I doubt it was the argument. That happened all the time back in training. Oh, and Vakua is a telepath. He can hear whenever someone thinks about him in the vicinity. He's listening to us now. Say hi, Vakua!"

Hello. To answer your question, what I sensed was pure, blind, rage. In retrospect, it obviously came from Skorm, but at the time I couldn't recognize it. His mind had been... changed, somehow. Still had enough mental discipline to block me out for most of the fight.

Casanuva smiled. "I hoped you weren't hoping for a private interrogation."

Were you? I'm terribly sorry.

IC: Eleen (Ga-Koro Marines HQ)

Eleen was very disturbed to hear whispering in her mind. At first, she even looked around the room, instinctively trying to find the source of the sound, before realising that she wan't hearing it, she was thinking it.. or Vakua was, and his thoughts appeared in her mind as if they were her own. She was dumbfounded, but tried her best to retain a bland, serious appearance. "Yes, I would very much prefer for this to be private.. but I guess there's not much I can do", she said out loud. She scratched her head before continuing to question Casanuva. "So where were we? Ah, right. So Skorm attacked you because of an outburst of rage? Very well." She was thinking that Skorm had used drugs or some other harmful substances, which had affected is mind and body. Eleen wrote a few notes before saying "Okay, that's good enough. You can leave. Tell Vakua to come here next."

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC Kirgan, Tuli & Khervos

(Ga-Koro, Marine HQ, waiting room):

"Why do we have to go to Onu-Koro?" Kirgan asked. "There's nothing the doctors can do. If you want to try it, you might as well do it in this Koro, where the doctors are also very qualified."

IC: Vakua shrugged, then got up.

I can't say. I don't usually delve into memories, just surface thoughts. However, if you pardon me, it's my turn.

"-to come here next."

Vakua opened the door, and passed Casanuva, who left the room. Vakua sat down, and crossed his legs.

What can I help you with?

IC (Akimoto)

:Unity, duty, and whatnow? Those are their virtues?:

IC (Dakte)

:So it would seem.:

IC: Asa

:Unity and Duty? Sounds like ants:. Asa was paying some measure of attention to the Ideatalk above.

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

:Having virtues is one thing, following them is another: I remarked, feeling Kama shift on my shoulder as she continually shifted her attention back and forth among the bypassers.

It was strange, here I was telling myself to be open-minded, but something in the back of my head howled like a buzzard and wouldn't give me peace. In the end, I realized, I was gonna have to hunker down and really think about what I was going to see on this island.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Although he raised an eyebrow at the appearance of a whole host of suspects and a Marine corpse, Tyrus didn't plan to let it stop him from attending to his own injuries. No point staying here if he wasn't going to be at full efficiency.

The Lesterin walked over to Tarkah (now nearly Private Tarkah) and laid his good hand on the Toa's shoulder.

"I trust you can keep an eye on these people," he said. "Simply give me the registration forms, I'll hand it in on my way to the infirmary, and you'll have full authority to keep this bunch in line."

---

IC:

I had been about to answer the questions of Sudo and Wherya (albeit in an ambiguous and plausibly deniable way) when they both ran off to the Southern Charm.

That said, I can't really blame them. It was a very nice ship.

Walking up the gangplank and onto the deck, I clasped my hands behind my back and surveyed the vessel with an appreciative eye before turning my attention to the pseudo-philosophical handsome devil of a Toa sitting in my crow's nest.

Not that I care or anything.

"Excuse me, Sudo?" I called up to him, cocking my head to one side. "You happen to know where Wherya's gone?"

---

IC:

At lot had happened since we'd arrived on the shores of Mata Nui, a fact which was particularly notable since we'd only been here for about five minutes. Least of all was the Menti (scratch that, Toa) with the metal-producing feet (note to self: hang out with Aki [the girl's got a business mind]), and the hyperkinetic Dashi with the freaky mask.

This is going to be an exhausting stay.

I already had a cig hanging from my mouth, lit and smoking and Goddess, I'd missed these things in the submarine.

"Thanks for the heads-up," I said to the not-a-Dashi, extending one hand to him. "You say you're a Mat-toran of Magnetism, didn't you? I don't suppose you can do that producing metal out of your feet trick, can you?"

OOC: That'd be Girah, she's talking to, by the way.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

Ic girah:

Now they were all staring off in silence. That was creepy. Girah began to wonder if they had some physiological reason for spacing out at times and growing silent in some intense mental focus. Thankfully, one of these ghouls awoke and approached him.

Girah took the hand firmly and gave this shorter fellow a good handshake. Simultaniously, he chuckled. "Now even if I were cursed with a toa stone, I would be more likely to fold in, fling off, or fly above such metal pillars than summon them. You are looking for a toa of iron."

Blinking, and realizing his casual and faulty assumption, Girah explained. "Oh, a toa stone turns a matoran into a toa, but only if one is destined to do so. I should have explained that first."

Ooc: this interface is awful on my phone, but I feel obligated to respond. Excuse my textual hiccups, if you are so generous

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

IC: Soraya [The Chisai Ryu]

Okay, things were starting to get a little weird now.  The - Matoran, was that the word? - explained things as best he could, but it was a bit much to swallow.  Menti, or folks a lot like them, running around using their powers for general good, and not for whatever clan was in charge at the moment? "Unity, duty, and destiny" as their guiding virtues? Pretty optimistic setup they've got going here.

And - "Rocks? You're saying people get turned into Toa with... rocks?" Was he just yanking her chain? Because she could get down with all the other stuff, but if superpowers were getting handed out by whoever got the lucky stones, that really didn't bode well for society as a whole.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: "Hm?" His head tilted downward and back to break his gaze from the new arrivals for the moment and make eye contact with the Angler, ocularly transmitting his apologies as best he could for the transgression. He would give it back fairly soon anyway, he was a man and he would honor the agreed upon terms. Really, if the game hadn't started yet, it was no harm no foul, right?

Well, whatever. Onto the matter at hand.

"Uh." he said astutely, scanning the docks below where the rest of the group had been. Ekko was a bit behind Angler, but that was it. Where did Wherya get to?

Grabbing the brim of his impromptu perch, he found his answer in the form of a six-inch-tall Toa of Stone he'd come frighteningly close to knocking Nui knows where. Whew! Crisis averted there, flash of irritation at her not forewarning him of this development aside.

"She's up here!" he said, tilting his head back at the same odd angle as before to the Angler, indicating their miniaturized crewmate with a downward and direct index finger.

helo frens

IC - Tarkah [Marine Headquarters]: 

The Toa nodded as he handed Tyrus the papers. The prospects of a large group of Toa being accessories to the murder of one Matoran seemed odd to him, and even Ta flashed an uncertain or cautious shade of yellow in his host's mind. Tarkah looked over to the section of the headquarters where Eleen's group had headed towards. The Toa frowned slightly as he thought about Talli and how it easily could have been her corpse in that woman's arms.

Tarkah shivered slightly as he wrapped the cloak around himself tighter and listened to the various murmurs in the tense lobby.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: Wherya (Southern Charm)

"Really, you don't have to say sorry," I remarked without looking up, "I may be tiny, but I still weigh the same, so you'd have to swing that arm really hard to knock me over."

Having finished my sketches, I swung my legs off and let the rest of me follow, plunging to the deck with catlike grace... which was a bit undermined by the rather loud "THUMP" that echoed from my landing.

"Not that I'd tell you that if you'd asked" I added with a smirk in the Angler's direction after I'd returned to normal height.

Edited by Geardirector

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: "Oh, that's good to know."

Not that I said sorry... That was the point she was trying to make. he realized somewhat sourly, cheek muscles tightening and pulling his mouth into a troubled, mildly miffed line that was probably closer to a frown than anything else. Come on, you can't pin everything on me. Not even Ekko would be so cold-hearted! What've I done to deserve this treatment?

Letting a small hn out from under his breath, he propped an elbow up where she'd stood a moment ago and continued feasting his eyes on the newcomers.

"Feasting my eyes?" he thought, watching everyone scramble to leave a good first impression of themselves... which ultimately was resulting in failure for the island's as a whole. Yeah, they're pretty and predominately female, but I am a gentleman. I'd rather not use such predatory terms, it ill becomes me.

Well, it isn't like they're not dressed to where it'd be "feasting", anyway. I'll admit, if they were this might be a different story.

But they aren't, so lay off.

He had to admit, the crystalline armor was interesting. He'd seen that exactly once before, and that belonged to a big man with a bigger sword whose armor was like him: rough, solid, and a little bit intimidating. But that was nowhere near as... artful as this. Judging from the coloration, though, these weren't Cry-Toa, which just added another layer to the puzzle.

A lot they didn't know. That'd have to be expected, of course, when making first contact.

helo frens

OOC: Haarnak from Ta-Wahi. Also, time to start a fight against the Dasaka.  :devil:

IC: Haarnak (Ga-Koro)

Part 1, Book 1, Chapter 3

As the wind rushed past Haarnak's ears, creating a deafening booming sound, he saw a strange craft, far below, in the waters of Naho Bay, right next to Ga-Koro. Intrigued by its high-tech appearance, he dropped down into the village, where he landed with a thump, unsettling one of the giant lilies, but thankfully not capsizing it. From his touch-down point near the centre of the Koro, he strolled over to the harbour, where the craft had surfaced, and, grinning madly, threw a fireball at the submarine's hull.

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC:

Two Ga-Koro Marines, thankfully being trained military women with a variety of weapons, elemental, and apprehension experience between them instead of stagnant, cardboard cutout lardasses, came up behind Haarnak. One, a Toa of Water, smothered the fireball in midair by summoning a wave that crashed over the lilypad without incident, while the other moved from behind to tackle him at Kakama-speed.

Because they were soldiers, who were standing at the docks in awe like everyone else.

Not stagnant, cardboard cutout lardasses.

-Tyler

• Upvote 9

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: oh, I knew some one would.

IC KOTAK: Noting the arrival of a (Ta-Toa?), loyal watched as he grinned devilishly, hand brimming with fire. "Time to make a good impression with my newest potential customers," he thought pushing through the crowd. The other launched the fire ball at the strange craft just as Kotak got clear, in a flash, his halberd was out, and a streak of elemental ice hurtled on intercept with the flames.

IC Girah:

And - "Rocks? You're saying people get turned into Toa with... rocks?"

Girah nodded, then made a so so motion with his head. "Extremely rare rocks. Rocks so small and rare that the majority of islanders have never seen a Toa Stone. Besides, not only do you have to find a Toa Stone that matches the element of the Matoran, but you also have to be the right Matoran. Otherwise, it just will be an inert lump of-" There was a beat as Girah's eyes grew wide. "INCOMING!"

On gut instinct along, he dove at the two conversing with him, arms outstretched, shoving them against the deck of the ship. Great. Just when he was explaining how Toa worked, some mad Ta-Toa shows up and attacks. He cringed and braced for impact.

Edited by Funkydude527

Essie: "Small talk subroutine complete. Were my useless vocalizations inane enough to bring you a sense of comfort?"

Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=763471

OOC: I was just waiting for someone to attack the Dasaka. Then I got impatient. :D Also, Funkydude527, Matoran transform with Toa Stones. The Nui Stone serves an entirely different purpose, and isn't even confirmed to exist in the BZPRPG. 

IC: Haarnak (Ga-Koro)

The wave left Haarnak sputtering for air, drenched and knocked off balance. And then, just to top it off, someone ran in to him with a Kakama. A Kakama. 

Which sent both of them flying off the edge of the lilypad, careering into the waters of Naho Bay. 

Falling through the water, lungs nearly empty, Haarnak sent a kick at his assailant, before activating his Kadin, and arcing up out of the tepid water into the sky, with all of the formidable speed granted by his mask behind him.

OOC: Just a note, the Marine with the Kakama is still hanging onto Haarnak. 

Edited by Makuta Miras

VBWj75sh.png

IC Girah:

...which thankfully did not come. His head poked up. Ah, the marines!

Grinning to the two Dashi he just tackled, he said "Now you can see how the good Toa outweigh the bad on a massive scale." Sitting up, he pointed to the docks, where a veritable dog-pile of elementals were snuffing out this anarchist flame.

OOC: WILL FIX GAH NEWBIE

Edited by Funkydude527

IC: Darien

You could almost hear Darien groan as he heard the commotion coming from behind him, he turned around and pulled out his rapier, rushing to aid his fellow marines in apprehending whatever lunatic had just tried to attack their visitors. 

Why do all the psychos attack at the worst possible times...

IC: Arisaka

Arisaka was immediately on guard, moving between where the attacker had fired the ball of flame and Lady Hanako. 

.:Haven't even set foot in this Ga-koro and already attacked...:. She didn't say it, but she was impressed with how quickly the Marines had responded to this attacker. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Tyrus nodded curtly back, taking the paper and heading back over to the front desk. He didn't stop there; rather, he deposited it in front of the receptionist without a glance, the action not worth the the effort to arrest momentum and turn to the side. The Lesterin had waste enough time and energy putting off the treatment of his wounds. Any more, and he doubted he would be able to return to full operating capacity.

And we couldn't have that, now could we?

---

IC:

I'm going to pretend that I understood anything that she just said.

I'm going to smile and nod and pray that these are socially acceptable actions for the situation.

Now I'm going to politely turn to look at the new arrivals and extricate myself from any form of social interaction.

###### I'm good.

---

IC:

Somehow or other, my cigarette had managed to stay in place while I was tackled by Girah the Mat-toran.

"Soraya, what exactly just happened here?"

-Void

• Upvote 1

[ BZPRPG ]

OOC: Wow. It's truly amazing what a single fireball in the right place at the right time can do. Also, Haarnak's arrows explode due to a combination of Stralix powder on the ends of them and him lighting the opposite ends.

IC: Haarnak (Above Ga-Koro)

As Haarnak shot through the sky, his Kadin on at maximum power, the Le-Toa who had run into him with Kakama created a vacuum around his head in an attempt to incapacitate him. The sudden lack of oxygen jerked Haarnak, shutting his mask down, and as they began to fall towards the sea, he knocked his opponent away, and the increase in distance jolted her enough to destroy the vacuum, and she splashed down safely within the confines of Naho Bay.

Breathing properly again, Haarnak smiled to himself as his mask glowed with a red light and he stopped falling. 

Now then, let's try again.

Hovering some way above Ga-Koro, he drew an arrow, zoomed in on the submarine with his scope, lit the end of his Stralix-powder tipped arrow, and let the beacon of doom fly.

VBWj75sh.png

IC: Asa

:Okay, looks like peace won't be reciprocated.: Asa groaned as she watched below deck. "Zuto Nui keep us and thoroughly crush these nimwits..." EDIT: Reaching out with her Willhammer abilities, she searched for the being's mind, trying to get a feel for the foreign signature.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

OOC: Let's try again.

IC Kotak: As Kotak watched the action unfold, he was detirmined to not let this incessant Ta-Toa get in the way of his future patrons. As he let loose an arrow at the sub from high above, Kotak casually sent two spears of ice to intercept not only the dart, but also to the TOa firing them.

OOC: Leah from Kini-Nui, intervening with staff permission.

IC:

Haarnak's arrow was once again intercepted, harmlessy blowing up in mid-air. The Ta-Toa himself though had other problems as a vortex of water rose rapidly from below. He tried to evade but the elemental construct was fast and caught up with him, expanding and surrounding him, before eventually turning into a rotating sphere that was forcing him back down to the surface. 

Once caught by the waves, a current dragged him back towards the shore, where the Toa of fire was greeted by more than just a handful of marines and Toa. Standing on the edge of the lilypad was another Toa of water, using her staff as a support. She was exhausted, bruised, her armor scratched and showing obvious signs of recent battle, but she still had intervened - as was her duty. 

Leah Maru stared down at the floating Ta-Toa and her usually kind eyes were burning with anger.

"You have one chance to stop right now, or you won't believe what happens next, even while it's happening."

Edited by Vezok's Friend
  • Upvote 5

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Darien

Oh thank god... Darien stopped just short of where the Ta-Toa now lay, with a Toa Maru and the Marines all surrounding the Toa this fight was over. 

Still, if the lunatic still wanted to fight, Darien was prepared to ensnare him in vines and squeeze the life out of him if Leah didn't do it first. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

:Well, would you look at that. Control over Water:

I didn't say anything about the kind of trouble our sub could be in if any of these Toa got the same idea as the lunatic that'd attacked us, I didn't need to.

My hand emerged from where it had been buried in my robe, gripping around cold crystal. I didn't even realize it was there until the danger had passed.

I had to give the marines chops, though, the reacted quickly when what they might call actual danger showed itself.

IC: Wherya (Southern Charm)

"Talk about showing the visitors the cold shoulder, figuratively speaking"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...