BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"Kentoku?.....Dasaka?...." Labelle repeated these words after Dakte spoke them, trying to make sense of the sounds. They had little meaning to her. These strangers were most definitely not from anywhere remotely close to Mata-Nui, of that the Toa of Water was sure. Labelle wondered what it would be like to visit this Archipalego they talked about. Oddly enough, she liked the idea. Going somewhere where no one would think anything of her hiding behind rags because she was, after all, a wonderfully mysterious stranger from a distant land...

But the pity in her voice, that pretty Dasaka women. Oh, most wouldn't notice it, but Labelle had heard it before; that politeness that was too forced, trying too hard not to offend. Labelle hated it, wished they would just stop.

A few times in the past, she'd made them.

She stopped herself from thinking any more thoughts down that path, and with some renewed pain, continued the conversation.

"I've never heard of those names. Can you tell me a bit more about where you come from? It sounds... exciting!" There was a touch of enthusiasm in her voice, such that there hadn't been in a few months now. Thinking about a faraway and magical place, it would stop her from thinking about the hurt that haunted her day and night.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: "Unless you want to help us find someone with a ship and a Kaukau, that is," Aine said before motioning to her companion. "He's got this crazy idea that we can get someone to take us out to where the ship sank so we can recover what they had stowed away on it, but so far, we've had no luck."

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Zaara.

"I've got nothing better to do," Zaara shrugged, "but I don't know how much help I'll be." 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "Well, I suppose even an extra set of eyes and someone too talk to would be a nice change of pace anyway... um...," Aine said, spending an extra moment in thought before continuing. "I'm sorry, but I don't think I caught your name..."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Oh, sorry," she held out her hand, "I'm Zaara." 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Aine smiled a bit before returning the gesture.

"It's a pleasure to officially meet you, Zaara," she said.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Aine... and Shu, right?" she recalled the names they'd used earlier. "So now what do we do?" 

IC: "Well, I doubt that we're going to find what we're looking for inside of the hospital, so I'm assuming that our first step would be to go back and look around the village some more," Aine said.

Shu stood up, nodding in agreement.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Okay," Zaara said, getting up as well. She teetered dizzily for a few moments, bracing agaisnt a wall until her head cleared, "lead on." 

IC:

"Kentoku?.....Dasaka?...." Labelle repeated these words after Dakte spoke them, trying to make sense of the sounds. They had little meaning to her. These strangers were most definitely not from anywhere remotely close to Mata-Nui, of that the Toa of Water was sure. Labelle wondered what it would be like to visit this Archipalego they talked about. Oddly enough, she liked the idea. Going somewhere where no one would think anything of her hiding behind rags because she was, after all, a wonderfully mysterious stranger from a distant land...

But the pity in her voice, that pretty Dasaka women. Oh, most wouldn't notice it, but Labelle had heard it before; that politeness that was too forced, trying too hard not to offend. Labelle hated it, wished they would just stop.

A few times in the past, she'd made them.

She stopped herself from thinking any more thoughts down that path, and with some renewed pain, continued the conversation.

"I've never heard of those names. Can you tell me a bit more about where you come from? It sounds... exciting!" There was a touch of enthusiasm in her voice, such that there hadn't been in a few months now. Thinking about a faraway and magical place, it would stop her from thinking about the hurt that haunted her day and night.

IC (Dakte)

"We are Dasaka," Dakte explained, gesturing to himself and his two companions. "Though Mako here would normally be referred to as a Datsue. I understand that the equivalent terms in your culture would be 'Toa' and 'Turaga'.

"As for Kentoku, it lies far to the east of here. It's a chain of islands, mostly covered in hills and grasslands, though we have some jungle and the odd mountain. It's...a beautiful land."

There was a hint of reservation in his voice, though his words were completely honest.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Labelle listened enthralled by the description of the Kentoku Archipelago. It sounded like quite the site, definitely someplace she wanted to visit. Then Dakte used that word, 'beautiful.' Had he done it on purpose? Yes he must have, he was just like the others, cruel and uncaring, he enjoyed reminding Labelle of her own disfigurements, how terrible she'd become, how hideous -

No, she told herself. He didn't sound like he was trying to be mean. More like he was unsure. Maybe he did care about my feelings, and was trying to decide if he should say that word.

"So you're Toa just like us? Well not like me, I'm ug- umm, I'm a Toa of Water, but you control other elements, I'm sure? And why are you wearing all that crystal? And what do you think of Mata-Nui, how does it compare to your home?"

She was talking quickly now, excited by the otherness and newness of it all. She barely even felt the pain in her stomach now. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: "Are you sure that you're up for this? You did just collapse, after all," Aine said. "It's okay if you need to rest first; I don't think that the ship will be going anywhere anytime soon."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"I don't think I've eaten in days; that's probably all it is. I asked this before, but is there anywhere around here that sells food?" 

Edited by Roman Torchwick

IC: "We could help you find a place to eat first if you want," Aine suggested. "We're a little light in the wallet at the moment, though, so we probably won't be getting anything."

"That, and we don't know what this island uses for currency," Shu added.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Wait, I have some money..." she dug around in her pocket, holding out a handful of the misshapen coins "...they call them widgets." 

IC: Aine and Shu both leaned forward to get a better look at the coins, as neither of them had ever seen them before.

"You think they had some of these tucked away somewhere inside the ship?" Aine asked, her question directed at the Le-Toa.

Shu shrugged.

"Possibly," he responded. "If not, I suppose we could trade for them."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Let's find somewhere to eat first, then do something about this ship of yours. I'll shout." she offered. 

IC: "Sounds like a plan to me," Aine said. "You seem to be more familiar with the island on a whole anyway. We'll follow you."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Ah... okay..." Zaara said uncertainly, "...I've only actually really been to two of the villages. I don't know much more than you do." 

IC:

In the time before time, when matoran mistrusted one another based purely on their elemental leaning; they feared and hated those that were not like them, and believed their own element to be superior to all others. A matoran of each element was invited to a gathering, by whom is not known. They began to argue with one another, believing there to be some form of deceit. The confrontation nearly came to blows, and a mysterious Turaga appeared, saying that he had invited them. The Turaga said he had hoped to rationally talk of peace and unity, but that they had already proven they would not be willing to be rational. With a wave of his staff, the matoran's heartstones were changed, swapped with another's. Their element was suppressed, and they gained the element of another. The Turaga spoke: "Perhaps an alternate view would do good; go and live a moon's time with your new kinsmen. Then return here, and speak of your experiences."

The fifteen bewildered matoran then awoke in their new settlements, surrounded by those they had never seen before. In a moon's time, they returned, and found themselves changed. They greeted the other matoran as if greeting friends, laughing, comparing stories. The Turaga again appeared, and asked if they would be willing to embrace their Unity as matoran on behalf of Mata Nui. The matoran agreed, pledging to make a strong, unified Koro.

The Makuta would have none of this, the servants of Mata Nui pledging to unite. From the darkness he reached out, and tore the matoran's heartstones out. The Turaga was shocked at the Makuta's vileness, and labored to save what he could. He managed to salvage what he could of their bodies, fashioning amulets with the heartstones, ensuring their souls were safe. He returned these amulets to the elemental tribes, who in mourning pledged to have a dedicated wearer of the amulet, to show empathy with their kindred matoran. To celebrate this, Mata Nui created a star in the sky for each of the amulets.

Thus were the Amulets of Elemental Kindred created.

Aokora knew this legend by heart. It was almost as if she had written multiple essays on it, and was Mata Nui's foremost archaeologist on the legend. So, when her good friend Nixie had told her to meet her at her observatory during the night, there was only one of two things that it could be:

1) The Astrologer had a surprise planned (doubtful, it would have been phrased as a riddle)

2) There was some sort of breakthrough regarding Aokora's work.

However, she tried not to get her hopes up. As she poked her head into her friend's observatory, the place was only dimly lit with lightfish.

"Hello? Nixie? You wanted to see me?"

The Astrologer poked her blue Pakari out from behind her massive telescope. "There you are. I was wondering if you would actually show up."

Aokora sputtered a bit. "If I would- What do you want? I could be doing half a dozen other things right now. Including participating in what could be the greatest cultural exchange since the arrival of the Toa Mata!"

"And you decided that whatever I am doing is more important than that? I'm flattered."

Aokora snorted and laughed. "I'm sorry, late night and all that. Whatd'ya have for me? New star chart? Subtle celestial currents tell you how to get another coordinate off those Kindred stars?"

Nixie smiled coyly. "It's somewhat related to the latter. Take a look through the telescope."

Shrugging, Aokora put her mask up to the eyepiece. Through the background light and stars, three stars, unusually stable and with a hint of color, shimmered. "Where are these Kindred stars? I don't recognize their alignment. They don't look like the ones mapped to Po-Wahi or Onu-Wahi. These the Le-Wahi set?"

The Astrologer shook her head. " These are the Ga-Wahi ones."

"But there are three. The Ga-Wahi set has two." The stars did have a passing similarity, though.

"Had two. The one in the middle only just appeared." Aokora only stared incredulously. "And before you say anything, yes, I triple checked everything, even the other stars. This is a new one, it appeared several days ago."

Aokora was dumbfounded. "... So there are fifteen now? The stars actually match the legend?"

Nixie nodded, a vague look of satisfaction edging its way onto her mask.

Aokora was stunned. She had written an entire paper on how the Kindred Stars numbered only fourteen, but the legend mentioned fifteen Amulets! "I-I don't know what to say..."

Nixie raised an eyebrow.

"-Except thank you! Thank you so much!" Aokora turned and started pacing. "I might be able to organize an expedition now! The cultural significance of these artifacts could be a huge breakthrough! I could find a sponsor for another expedition, and if that goes well, I could even get a grant!"

Aokora looked at Nixie manicly. The Astrologer quickly put on a smile and flashed two 'thumbs up' signs at her. "I... I need to go! Get ready! Thank you!" Aokora grasped Nixie in a hug, then dashed off.

Nixie chuckled, and went back to her telescope.

Akiri Hahli had been busy, but had been convinced of the potential value of collecting these artifacts, and had agreed to sponsor the expeditiong- to an extent. She would provide a boat, and someone to sail it, and some equipment, and a modest hiring budget. The rest was up to Aokora; unearthing, should it be necessary, and most importantly, finding labor. Or, as the ga-matoran archeologist preferred to call it, 'special members' of the expedition, since some skill at arms was always appreciated because the old ruins were never exactly abandoned. She made her rounds of the Koro, posting notices wherever she could:

Expedition to

Find Artifacts!

Great cultural significance!

Discover history!

Become part of it!

Modest monetary pay

Unique look at Mata Nui's history

Possibly Unique Rewards

See Aokora at North Docks

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 3

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Jalkron

Jalkron walked into Ga-Koro, taking in his surroundings.  As this was his first time here, he was surprised at how nice it actually was.  He had thought the descriptions he had heard from natives were exaggerated stories created to get more business from tourists.  While that was probably the intended purpose, there wasn't much exaggerating.  I should come here more often, Jalkron thought to himself as he walked through the city.  He watched the people going about their lives, nothing much exciting going on.  As he looked, he noticed a paper nailed to a wall, saying in big letters, "EXPEDITION TO FIND ARTIFACTS!"  He walked over to it and began reading the rest of it.  Money and rewards, huh?  Sure, why not?  You can never have too much cash, and unique rewards sounds good.  Now, where do I go to sign up?

OOC: Keeper of Kraata, that would be you.

Edited by Vestak

IC: "Oh," Aine said. "Well, we have been walking around this village for a couple of hours now, so I guess we could lead the way if it would make you feel more comfortable."

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"That might be for the best," she agreed, "when I was last here, we went straight from the gates to the docks. I didn't exactly get to go sightseeing."

IC: "Then it's settled," Aine said, returning to her feet with a smile now spread across her face. "Off into the village we go!"

Shu, Aine, and Zaara eventually made their way back to the center of the village, moving their way through the bustling crowd of people before a flyer attached to a melon cart caught the Cy-Lesterin's attention. In her excitement, she tore it off of the wooden construct before presenting it to the Toa of Air and Plasma.

"Can we check it out? Please?"

After reading it and giving Zaara ample time to do it herself, Shu snatched the paper from her hands, quickly folding it up and shoving it into his empty satchel without even a hint of emotion.

"Priorities," he said before re-entering the crowd.

"Awww...," Aine moaned. "Why do you have to be so mean all the time?"

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

IC: Zaara - Ga-Koro.

The Su-Toa skimmed through the notice before Shu took it back. 

Expedition to

Find Artifacts!

Great cultural significance!

Discover history!

Become part of it!

Modest monetary pay

Unique look at Mata Nui's history

Possibly Unique Rewards

"It promises pay. I think making some money is a priority, don't you?" she asked Shu, giving Aine a conspiratory wink. 

IC: "Yes. Yes I do," Aine agreed. "And this pirate ship idea certainly hasn't gotten us far. I think it's about time we started looking at other options."

Shu showed no reaction, not that either of them could really tell anyway from their positions behind him, but soon his voice reached their ears in its usual monotone.

"Fine. We won't eat first," the Le-Toa said, explaining what he considered a priority.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"Oh... that's what you meant," she felt like an idiot. "Sorry." 

IC: Shu merely shrugged.

"So...," Aine said, cupping her hands and leaning towards Zaara as she continued walking. "See anywhere we can eat yet?"

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"What about there?" she asked, pointing at a restaurant of some kind, with a mixed group of beings eating and drinking and talking at tables outside. More patrons were visible through the large glass windows. The building was a little run-down, the tables dirty, but Zaara didn't mind. She didn't have much money as it was... she couldn't even remember where she'd gotten it, to be honest.

"Hopefully I've got enough money to cover the three of us." 

IC: Aine looked over towards the restaurant that Zaara was pointing at. The places where she would usually eat back home were usually cleaner and filled with stuffy waiters that always looked like they were sticking their noses up at her, mentally criticising every decision she made as she ordered.

She hated them with a passion, and was glad to see one that would provide a nice change of pace.

"I'm in," she said before turning to Shu, patting him on the shoulder. "How about you?"

To be honest, the Le-Toa didn't like the look of some of the people there, but at this point, even his hunger was getting the better of him.

He nodded in approval.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

Zaara headed inside and found an empty table towards the back of the room. She pulled out a chair and sat down before picking up one of the menus and poring over it. The food was cheap, but there was a problem: "I don't know what any of this stuff is." 

IC:

Labelle listened enthralled by the description of the Kentoku Archipelago. It sounded like quite the site, definitely someplace she wanted to visit. Then Dakte used that word, 'beautiful.' Had he done it on purpose? Yes he must have, he was just like the others, cruel and uncaring, he enjoyed reminding Labelle of her own disfigurements, how terrible she'd become, how hideous -

No, she told herself. He didn't sound like he was trying to be mean. More like he was unsure. Maybe he did care about my feelings, and was trying to decide if he should say that word.

"So you're Toa just like us? Well not like me, I'm ug- umm, I'm a Toa of Water, but you control other elements, I'm sure? And why are you wearing all that crystal? And what do you think of Mata-Nui, how does it compare to your home?"

She was talking quickly now, excited by the otherness and newness of it all. She barely even felt the pain in her stomach now. 

IC (Dakte)

"If there's one thing I've learned about the people of Mata Nui, it's that they're full of questions," said Dakte wryly, but not unkindly. "I don't know whether or not 'Toa' and 'Dasaka' are two words for the same thing, but you Toa are certainly more similar to us than these 'Skakdi' are. Your 'elements' are new to us: our powers are of the mind. Menti disciplines, we call them. Our armour and weapons are wrought from crystal because metal is extremely rare in the Archipelago. As for Mata Nui..."

He looked up past the sandstone cliffs of Ga-Wahi to the towering slopes of the Mangai.

"We only just arrived. I can't really claim to have seen it yet."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

"You're not the only one" I remarked, following Dakte's gaze past the cliffs and up to the volcano. As a Vilda, and a new-fangled outdoorsman at that, the apparent wilderness of Mata Nui was one of the big selling points for me. As long as Kama could keep a reign on her jealous streak, maybe I'd be able to make a new animal friend or two.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC-Aurorin

As Aurorin was wandering through the Village, He noticed a sign pinned to a wall. "Ooooh... Hey Razsk! Come look at this!"

OOC

That's you, Vestak. By the way, Has anyone seen FunkyDude on here recently? he hasn't posted in a while...

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

IC: Razsk

"What is it now?  Something else completely ordinary for Ga-koro?" Razsk said jokingly as he walked over to Aurorin.  "Interesting.  You guys up for it?"

OOC: No, I haven't.  I PMed him a week or so ago, and he never got back to me.

IC: Aine and Shu sat down, each picking up a menu of their own as they pondered what they would like to order.

"The chilled Takea bites look good," the Cy-Lesterin said, as she looked at Zaara. "Would you like to try them with me?"

Shu closed his and placed it back on the table, content that the establishment offered salad.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

"I thought sharks ate us, not the other way around..." Zaara said hesitantly, "...but I'm feeling adventurous. Why not?" A waiter spotted them and started wandering over to take their orders.