BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Casanuva narrowed his eyes. The silences were a little too long, but not enough to be awkward. He remembered, during training, when Vakua was still nervous and was intimidated by his boisterousness. He had held conversations with the others away from him, and there had been similar a similar silence.

"So, uh, my brother Vakua mentioned to me that your telepathy is different than his. How so, if you don't mind my asking?"

IC: Vakua chuckled silently and smiled.

We should be heading out soon. Is there anything in particular we can do besides leaving you at a healer's?

The times, they are a-changing...

IC: Nekka

"Well, as long as I'm not imposing, I guess I could stay a night; thank you!  Just one night, though; I really don't want to impose."  Nekka said to Ashala.  She was quite surprised at how polite Ashala was, especially seeing as she was a Skakdi.  I really hope I'm not intruding... Nekka thought to herself.  She wanted to leave a good impression if she hadn't already.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

IC: Mirra and Wisp.

"Well," Mirra cut in, pointing up the street, "Mura said the hospital was that way. Shall we get going?"

"Come on," Wisp agreed, helping support Shu's weight. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: "You've already done so much for us," Aine said with a smile. "We wouldn't want to burden you any further than we already have... Isn't that right, Shu?"

The Le-Toa nodded as the group began to make their way to the hospital.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Well, as long as I'm not imposing, I guess I could stay a night; thank you!  Just one night, though; I really don't want to impose."  Nekka said to Ashala.  She was quite surprised at how polite Ashala was, especially seeing as she was a Skakdi.  I really hope I'm not intruding... Nekka thought to herself.  She wanted to leave a good impression if she hadn't already.

IC: Ashala

"Oh, don't worry about it." Ashala smiled at Nekka. "I could use the company, I doubt I'm going to get any customers today. I mean its my first day being open. Plus I can't leave you out here in the cold."

IC:

"I can't say for sure," Soraph began, "as we've never encountered his form of telepathy. From what I can guess though it  that when when your brother, Vakua, uses his Mask for telepathy, it broadcasts a message in a spectrum accessible only to other Kanohi users. When myself and other Dasaka use telepathy, the signal is more... natural? Organic? I'm not quite sure how to explain it. It's a bit of a strange concept, having many kinds of telepathy.

"We've just been given permission to walk around explore Ga-Koro."

She flashed a brilliant smile at the slick Toa, who probably was the heartbreaker he'd joked about. How it made her so angry...

"I still won't be able to come with you to the village of Ice, but don't worry, I'll be here waiting for when you come back. 

And then we'll see if you still like to smile at pretty girls.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: "Well, his thing is pretty much mind-to-mind. He can put his thoughts in our head, and other thoughts in other heads. It's how we link up in battle. He can always sense thoughts, though, but he said he trained it down so that he only 'overhears' thoughts with him in them. From what I hear, though, you all get a bit touchy when he does it. Especially when he communicates directly with you. He can't get any reading on you all, though." Casanuva shifted his weight, putting a hand on his hip. Soraph was still smiling at him, but something seemed... off. "Kinda spooky, if you ask me. Can't imagine what it would be like for him. I'd imagine it'd be like talking to someone without a mask."

The Fa-Toa's back straightened. "Anyway, since you have free run of the Koro, did you want to walk to the gate with me? See the Koro and all that?"

IC:

"His telepathy is fundamentally different. As you say, it is mind-to-mind. In that way it is like a watered down version of our Willhammers, as he is able to broadcast and receive directly into a mind, but only directly." Sinshi explained, glancing at Casanuva again. "In essence his mask allows him to directly connect to other minds. Our communication between each other takes place entirely outside of each other's minds. It's more like talking. We broadcast, and others pick it up. The use of Willhammer for communication is inherently disrespectful, if not threatening, in our culture, aside from circumstances where permission is given."

Satisfied with her explanation, and hoping she didn't have much further to do with the Toa, she turned her attention back to Mako. She didn't have much personally against Casanuva but his type was well known to her. She had encountered, as she had noted and as Soraph seemed to concur, that he was very much like a First Son. Arrogant, flirtatious without attachment... She had no love for those of such dispositions.

"I think our very presence causes a little trouble." Sinshi commented off-handedly to the Datsue, beginning to stride towards the heart of the village. "But hopefully we can avoid much more than that."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Nekka

"Well, in that case, I guess I wouldn't feel too guilty.  Thanks for being so thoughtful." Nekka replied, her large Skakdi grin decreasing in size as a gentler smile took its place.  Wow, if everyone on Mata Nui is like this, then I'm hopefully going to have a good time here.

"Alright, where to?"

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

:It only just occurred to me, that the Toa Casanuva I was talking to was very familiar, too familiar to a First Son. My cousin, Kulrik. I can't believe I didn't see it before, I guess the novelty of everything here made me forget that such men existed. Sorry for disregarding your warning Datsue Mako; I'll try to listen a little more in the future. But I still say you were a little jealous: Soraph said with a knowing smirk at the elderly Vilda. 

IC:

"I think our very presence causes a little trouble." Sinshi commented off-handedly to the Datsue, beginning to stride towards the heart of the village. "But hopefully we can avoid much more than that."

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro, Dasaka Envoy)

:In hindsight... okay, fine, maybe I was. It's all good, as long as I got my point across: I responded to Soraph as I followed Sinshi.

"I'm hoping the same thing. I don't want cause any ruckus but.. I'm not sure if I can speak for Kama"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Nekka

"Well, in that case, I guess I wouldn't feel too guilty.  Thanks for being so thoughtful." Nekka replied, her large Skakdi grin decreasing in size as a gentler smile took its place.  Wow, if everyone on Mata Nui is like this, then I'm hopefully going to have a good time here.

"Alright, where to?"

IC:

Ashala turned and pointed back towards Ga-Koro, "Just follow me up the beach and we can enter the village. My house isn't that far in. I"ll show you the way." she smiled before she began walking.

IC:

"Oh, I'm sorry Casanuva, I guess I didn't explain properly. We can walk around the Koro so long as we do it in pairs. You know, just in case someone like you is really an axe murderer, or something" Soraph said with a laugh.

"I don't know where the village gate is, but if its that way" Soraph pointed in the direction Sinshi and Mako were walking, to the heart of the Koro, "we could go along with them. But if not, or if you wanted to have a more private conversation, I guess I could accompany you for a block or two."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: "Guess I shouldn't let you meet Skorm, then. Though he uses a saber..." Casanuva trailed off for a moment, then shook his head. "I'll take the short walk. Some people," he rolled his head at Kalyss, who was unamused, "say I have to go."

The Su-Toa sighed. "I'll expect you back at the gates soon. Half an hour maximum." She turned to Sinshi. "Anyway, I have to go now. I wish you all luck in your talks. Can't go worse than it did this morning, at any rate. Probably."

Casanuva nodded, turning back to the gorgeous Menti. "Say, I've told a little of our culture, why don't you tell me some of yours? I've heard the term First Son mentioned a few times." Casanuva smirked, "Sounds like a term I should familiarize myself with."

IC:

"As you know Casanuva, most of the population on Kentoku are female; so, naturally, men are viewed as quite valuable and respected by the clans. First Sons take it to the next level. There are the eldest Menti in clan, the most glorified, the most dignified and the most admired. To associate with a First Son is itself an honour."

Soraph started away from the larger Dasaka group, down the street with Casanuva right by her side. 

She grinned back at Casanuva.

"You certainly look the part."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Wisp and Mirra.

"Okay, here we are," Wisp helped Shu the final few feet through the hospital doors. "Can we have some help here!" he called out.

"We made it," Mirra said encouragingly, holding the door open for Aine. 

OOC: Are there any PC doctors in the hospital? 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC:

Ashala turned and pointed back towards Ga-Koro, "Just follow me up the beach and we can enter the village. My house isn't that far in. I"ll show you the way." she smiled before she began walking.

Nekka began following Ashala towards Ga-Koro.  Her eyes shifted from Ga-Koro to the sea, from the sea to the sand, and back to Ga-Koro.  "You were right; Ga-Wahi is beautiful."  Nekka said to Ashala.  Nekka was smiling at Ashala, and it was quite geniune.  It wasn't the same grin that Skakdi are known for, rather it was a closed mouth smile.  It hurt Nekka to hide her teeth, though, so to smile in such manner truly showed respect not only to others but also to herself.  She does not like the reputation that Skakdi are known for, so she tries to distance herself from the Skakdi race as much as possible.

"So, what is there to do in Ga-Koro?"  Nekka asked.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

IC - Tarkah [Dasaka Landing Point]:

It took a while before Tarkah finally stood up from his seat and left the port. The Toa fiddled with his cloak before departing towards the Marines Headquarters. Perhaps someone there had an assignment or patrol route for one of the force's newest marines. A sense of dejection or disappointment lingered in the young private's heart as he continued on his way back.

-Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns-

-Yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope-

IC: Taoki

With the sound of little footsteps and mumblings, Taoki slammed open the back door to the Takea and skittered around the side - arms full of equipment.

He almost slipped off his feet upon rounding the corner, "Let's go! Why are you guys standing around?"

IC (Rhow):

"I'll give you one guess." Rhow grumbled. "We're waiting for something that starts with 'Ta-' and ends in '-oki'."

With the group assembled, the Skakdi started moving towards the village-gate. 

OOC: Whoever posts next in the horde, feel free to move us to Kini.

IC (Leah/Ayiwah):

While the Toa of water still waited for a reply from Lady Hanako, the commodore stood stoically as ever. On the mental plane though, Ayiwah was busy planning their next steps. 

:I know many of you are very excited by our new surroundings. I can also tell not all of you are interested in attending this diplomatic meeting. Far be it from me to keep you from satisfying your curiosity. If you wish, you are free to go and explore at your own leisure, to get to know the people and customs here better. There are a few conditions, however: Please remain within the village for the time being. I also want regular ideatalk check-ins to know you are safe and to avoid any incidents. And: Nobody sets out alone. Any questions?:

IC: (Hanako)

"Ah...yes it would be better to speak inside," I replied, still a little in awe of all that had transpired in their journey and now their arrival. There were many matters to attend to, my own individual questions, and the questions that others wanted to ask must wait.

"Thank you Leah and Ga-Koro for opening the port for our submersible. I am also glad you were there when that vagabond attacked it. So you have my thanks. There's quite a few reasons we came here, one of them being we know so little of each other. We are intrigued as excited as any of you. So we wanted to open ourselves to you, so that we could better know and understand each other. This town has such natural beauty, the lilypads, the huts, the use of bamboo. That and it is quite active. Anyways I apologize for my distraction. We came here to learn, but to also see if we could not only open ourselves to you just culturally, but through trade as well. There is so much the Dasaka and Mata Nui people can learn from each other."

I just hoped I wasn't going to step on any toes, cultural clash could be an issue. It was one I would like to avoid.

IC (Leah):

While Hanako spoke, Leah led whoever was staying inside. Apparently their visitors had non-verbally agreed to split up their group, since several of the Dasaka remained outside, pairing off into teams of two. They looked a little lost still, standing among what to them were hundreds of complete strangers, but she wasn't worried. By Mata-Nui standards, this was going pretty well so far. Inside, she gestured for Lady Hanako and the others to make themselves comfortable. 

"I'm afraid this meeting will be quite unceremonious. While Mata-Nui has its fair share of strangers from distant lands, they are all individuals. We've never had an official ambassador from such a far-place."

Ayiwah's right eyebrow rose half a milimeter as she registered the strange speech-pattern that had slipped into the Toa's last sentence, but she kept quiet as Leah continued:

"And none of the off-islanders here know much about where they come from, or if they do they guard such knowledge closely. And no other lands away from Mata-Nui have been found - the endless ocean has its name for a reason. Which leads me to my question: How did you find the island?"

OOC: Sorry if that question was asked and answered before. I checked the old conversations and couldn't find it. If it has been asked before, blame it on Leah's (and my own) exhaustion. 

IC:

It wasn't long before Vail spotted the dark Toa. He certainly stood out in the crowd, which was made up of a majority of blue-hued beings. 

"Hey, cloakey!" he called out, unsure how Tupua would react if he used his actual name in public. He waved his hand once, though it was probably unnecessary due to the bright color his own armor held.

He made his way up to Tupua against the crowd of Matoran, apologizing as his knee bumped and nearly winded a man. Finally, he was close enough to engage in casual conversation.

"Voulge and I ran into an old friend, and he invited us out for a meal. Would you like to join us? He's a nice young fellow, makes his living as a hunter and butcher. I'm not certain, but he may choose to join us for a while, at least while we're in the area."

The Toa of Fire took a moment to take in his surroundings before continuing. A woman was handing out fliers for some sort of event. 

"I don't know if you have any other plans, or if you'll be sticking with us once we depart in search of our next target, but um, yeah. Maybe chatting over a plate of good food will help us plan out our next steps."

IC (Tupua):

The dark Toa was his usual serious self when Vail found him. He showed no sign of approval or disapproval when the other Toa called him by nickname, but he mentally added it to the list of monikers to use the next time he needed to go without his actual name. 

"I don't know if you have any other plans, or if you'll be sticking with us once we depart in search of our next target, but um, yeah. Maybe chatting over a plate of good food will help us plan out our next steps." the younger Toa said.

"We'll see." Tupua replied, indicating with a small move of his hand for Vail to lead the way back to the others. 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"That's a complicated question. On Kentoku, society is divided into different castes; as a Menti I belong to the highest caste. People are then further divided by clan. I belong to the Vilda, caretakers of wildlife, and within Vilda you could say I'm a princess. Not over the empire, the ruling clan are the Umbralines, but over lands my people control. Under the present circumstances, I'm actually the heir to the Vilda throne."

Soraph didn't see any reason to begin talking about her evil aunt or the fact that once Kulrik had a child, it would be her and not Soraph that became Toroshu. Besides, if she had her way, that wouldn't happen. 

"You wouldn't happen to know of any good restaurants around here would you? The food on a submarine isn't the tastiest."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Casanuva grinned. "Princess, you say? Well, it's my turn to say you certainly look the part. As for restaurants..." he trailed off, in thought. "The Great Takea I hear is pretty good, if you don't mind seafood. A bit of a rowdy crowd, though; Vakua worked there as a musician for a bit before I showed up. I saw the Crucible heading in, but that's more of the alcohol being served and the food making you thirsty."

IC: In an unarguably infantile move, he returned it despite her inability to see.

"Yeah, at least we'll have people to talk to. Wonder what we'll be doing at Po."

IC:

That was a good question.

Between waging war against the Po-Koro Guards, hunting for lost treasure, going on vision quests, and grilling the Akiri on open coals, I couldn't really think of anything that sounded right.

So I went with one of the oldies.

"At a guess, I'd say privateering."

IC: Treize

"Yes."

IC:

Wasn't she the soldier who'd first come out to meet the ship along with the guy Menti ... er, Toa? Hmm, I supposed it wouldn't hurt to have a military official to lead the way, particularly one who had already shown to be responsible, respectful, (hopefully; I mean, did Matoran learn how to fight around here too? Wouldn't be the weirdest thing I'd seen so far) would be able to beat up any enemies that needed beating up along the way.

Besides, Soraya wasn't doing anything right now.

"All right then," I said, giving her a grin and offering her a handshake. "Thanks for the offer, miss...?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

"Thanks, I'll ask around and try to find them later. And thank you for the flattery." Of course, it was true that she looked the part, and Casanuva would have been lying if he'd said anything different, Soraph thought.

The pair, Menti and Toa, soon reached the two block radius Soraph had mentioned earlier. They stopped at the corner, Soraph not wanting to go any further from the main Dasakan expedition and break the Commodore's rules. 

"This is goodbye, I guess" Soraph said. "Look for the submarine if you want to find me, that's probably where I'll be sleeping. And do try to come back soon - a princess can't wait forever you know. And there just might be a reward if you return soon enough" she said with a wink. 

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC (Sudokuronu): "I dunno. Maybe Ko? They always seemed kinda dickish."

Yeah, it'd have to be privateering. Good call, Angler.

He folded his arms. "Well, we can't see if we ain't going. Guess we gotta wait."

-------------------------------------------------------------

IC (Tarkus Vafbagr):

I like to think of myself as a normal guy. I'm not overly heroic, or evil, or even particularly neutral. I err to the side of good, or at least, what I feel is good, but doesn't everyone? Anyway, that stuff seems a bit outside of my realm of expertise. Let a philosopher talk about it, that's not me. I'm just your Average Joe. 

Ignore the huge greatbow strung across my back, would you? Like I said, I'm normal. There's plenty of people on this island that carry weaponry. Karz, they're practically the majority, and I'm nowhere near as crazy as most of the others that do. I just use it to catch fish sometimes. Normal sized fish. Something big only if I see it, I won't push my luck waiting on a catch that never comes. The only other thing about it is that it looks kind of cool and intimidating, along with the sword and dirk at my sides.

Yes, they have names. Hrunting and Naegling, what's so special about that? They're just normal blades that my younger self named after mythology because he thought it sounded cool. That, and the smith bugged me into it. Said he had a good feeling about their futures.

Right. He was just selling them to me, I know how that is.

Anyways. On to the topic at hand. I just needed to establish that first so you understand where I'm coming from.

This was the event, I think, that kicked everything into motion. The proverbial Hand of Destiny, striking me out of the monotony of my daily routine of wake up, fish, wander, eat, sleep, and repeat. Or something like that. I won't pretend to know that an insignificant flea like me was specifically chosen to get kicked out of his normal, peaceful existence by this. I was likely one of many. A statistic.

It was a hot summer-esque morning, nearing on midday, when I found myself in an awed throng of people gathered around the docks. Normally, the people who'd lived here were no strangers to seamen and ships coming in and out of port, so that begs the question. Why was there such a ruckus?

Well, what had shown up quite literally from the seas was definitely not normal. The whispers around me said it all. Aliens? Espers? Time-travelers? I'm not sure where that last one came from, but I suppose an underwater boat was fairly futuristic. Whatever they were, they weren't from this island, that much was clear. Still, I'd hazard a guess on them being a bit more mundane than those suggestions. Being a bit taller than the mostly female Ga-Koroan population, I got a bit of a clearer look at what had shaken everything up, my lunch included. 

Well, one thing stood out immediately; Remember what I said about Ga-Koro having a mostly female population?

Yeah, the crew of this submersible was in good company. Barely a guy to be found, at least that I could see. However, there were plenty of women, most of them beautiful, and all dressed in exotic fabrics and crystalline armor straight out of a Kru-Toa's dreams. I didn't know crystal could be shaped so finely.

"What are they?"

Stupid of me to have said, I know. Trust me, I'm right there with you on that one. They're obviously like us. Toa, Matoran, Turaga of sorts. But everything about them felt different. The way they carried themselves, how they talked, how they looked at all of us. There was something undeniably alien about them, and no, I'm not saying they're from the Red Star here. But they were different, in a way that made me, and I'm sure many others like me, kind of uncomfortable.

That had been an hour or two ago from this point in the story, where I've chosen to start. Now, I was sitting on a bench by a lilypad with a notoriously paranoid shopkeeper's hut nearby, staring blankly into the blue-green soup below. Who were these people? Why had they come here? Did they want something from us? Was there some great evil that only a chosen six from this island could purge? Surely nothing crazy like that could be happening again, don't we already have the Maru?

I wasn't quite conscious of it at the time, but I think even then, I could feel my normal, peaceful world stalling into a dizzying tailspin. If I'd known what going to the docks would do that morning...

Well, I might not have woken up at all.

OOC: Tarkus is open for interaction.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen
  • Upvote 1

helo frens

IC: Casanuva dredged up the least-sappy response he could. "You know what? That sounds great."

The Fa-Toa started walking away, towards Kalyss. As he was walking away, he turned around.

"See you soon, princess," he said, with a smile.

Kalyss raised an eyebrow when he reached her. "Princess?"

"Her words, not mine!"

IC:

"She seems a well-behaved creature. I don't think we'll have any trouble." The Umbraline quietly held out her arm, a silent offer of a place for Kama to perch. Her eyes roamed the street around her, slightly self conscious regarding the stares of the native Ga-Korans. She wondered for a moment if she could afford a souvenir, but it was only a moment before she realized that her own money would be worthless in this land.

Perhaps she could barter later.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Nekka began following Ashala towards Ga-Koro.  Her eyes shifted from Ga-Koro to the sea, from the sea to the sand, and back to Ga-Koro.  "You were right; Ga-Wahi is beautiful."  Nekka said to Ashala.  Nekka was smiling at Ashala, and it was quite geniune.  It wasn't the same grin that Skakdi are known for, rather it was a closed mouth smile.  It hurt Nekka to hide her teeth, though, so to smile in such manner truly showed respect not only to others but also to herself.  She does not like the reputation that Skakdi are known for, so she tries to distance herself from the Skakdi race as much as possible.

"So, what is there to do in Ga-Koro?"  Nekka asked.

IC:

"I don't know honestly, up till now I've stayed pretty much inside my house." Ashala admitted as they walked across the beach. "Boating, swimming, shopping, fishing, lots of jobs around here if you need widgets." she suggested. "Collecting sea-shells and herbs, but that's just something I do." she nodded when the Skakdi said it was beautiful.

She noticed Nekka's unusual smile for a member of her race and it made Ashala smile to herself. "You aren't like other Skakdi are you?"

OOC: Those of you needing interaction could always bump into Ashala and Nekka as they come into the village.

IC (Tarkus): 

It came as a shock to me to find a pair of Menti roaming the streets nearby on a chance glance upwards towards my surroundings. Perhaps they were roaming freely while the officials sorted out the proper terms of cultural exchange? 

That didn't seem quite right, for some reason. Sure, they probably were ordered to stay within the limits of the village, but wouldn't it still be hard to keep track of everyone? My common sense would tell me that this is how diplomatic incidents happen. Like that time a Toa from each side nearly flipped out at each other. And don't even think for a second I had a side to take besides "don't start fighting, you idiots".

Like most others, my eyes lingered on their trail as they passed. I couldn't help it, they were exotic and alien, in the terrestrial sense; that tends to draw your attention. If you were in my spot, you'd do the same, and have the same questions buzzing about your head. And also like me, most of you would probably end up resigning themselves to only responding if they tried to make contact with you, and keeping to yourself otherwise.

So that's what I did, watching them pass by, followed by others. Always in pairs, probably for safety reasons. I told you I'm not brave, didn't I? Sure, I make friends easy enough, but throwing myself to bare in front of an entirely alien culture without their permission? No thank you. That's asking to slip up and end up being the "weird guy".

And I don't think I wanna be the "weird guy", if I can help it. If that's your thing, suit yourself.

So when I saw a pair walking down my direction, I did my best to play it cool. They were what appeared to be a Toa and A Turaga, the former of which held an arm out for some sort of bird to perch on. That was strange. They had pets on that submersible? The poor little guy must've been cramped as sin...

I wasn't sure I liked the way it was looking at me, either. And, hey, wasn't that one of the Toa who had nearly thrown down at port when they first got here? What was the deal with that? Don't think I didn't notice.

I hoped my facade held up even as my mind began to churn. The last thing I needed was the hardass one to come down upon my poor head and grill me for looking at them funny. I'm just a civilian. A normal everyman who's taken aback like everyone else at the glittery people popping out of submarines. Don't pick on me.

OOC: Feel free to pick on him.

Edited by Uncle Chael P. Sonnen

helo frens

IC:

"She seems a well-behaved creature. I don't think we'll have any trouble." The Umbraline quietly held out her arm, a silent offer of a place for Kama to perch.

IC (Tarkus): 

So when I saw a pair walking down my direction, I did my best to play it cool. They were what appeared to be a Toa and A Turaga, the former of which held an arm out for some sort of bird to perch on. That was strange. They had pets on that submersible? The poor little guy must've been cramped as sin...

I wasn't sure I liked the way it was looking at me, either. And, hey, wasn't that one of the Toa who had nearly thrown down at port when they first got here? What was the deal with that? Don't think I didn't notice.

I hoped my facade held up even as my mind began to churn. The last thing I needed was the hardass one to come down upon my poor head and grill me for looking at them funny. I'm just a civilian. A normal everyman who's taken aback like everyone else at the glittery people popping out of submarines. Don't pick on me.

OOC: Feel free to pick on him.

OOC: Gladly

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

Kama gladly accepted Sinshi's offer, if only as a chance to once again assert her position as my favorite gal. Bless that old featherbag for letting an old man get a good reason to smile to himself now and then.

"Kama is half the reason for my reputation, basically. Whenever someone's called me mischievous or relentless, they're actually talking about her." I said, Kama cawed proudly.

"You're just not possible to put down for feeling good about yourself, are you?" I remarked, before my attention was drawn by one of the locals who appeared to be trying and failing to not look at us funny.

He was a Menti. No, wait... To-a? Yes, Toa! In purple and black armor in with a massive bow on his back. Despite the menacing appearance of his weapons and armor, he himself seemed to making a big deal out of not looking menacing to bypassers.

Well, we're here to get to know these people, aren't we?

"You want to say hello, kid?

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Onuzek

Onuzek was in his spot, playing with the Ga-matoran-who-were-very-small with the green-leaf-huts-which-he-must-not-squish floating on their platforms around Onuzek. Of course, "playing" mostly consisted of Onuzek sitting cross legged on the large-lily-pad-which-would-not-sink and the tiny-blue-matoran climbing over Onuzek. That was fine with Onuzek.

In the distance Onuzek saw the strange-glittering-people walking along the large-green-lily-pads, their sparkily-clear-armor making them noticeable in the crowd. They had come from the whale-which-was-not-a-whale but seemed nice. Onuzek had not heard loud-shouty-voices, and they had come over to hurt Onuzek's-friends so they must be nice.

Absenty, as the little-girl-matoran laughed around him, Onuzek wondered if they would be good friends.

OOC: he's back

And open for interaction

Hey big guy i missed you

• Upvote 5

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC:

Thanks Sudo, I try me best.

"I suppose so."

ooc: open for interaction

IC:

"Daijuno Dastana," I said. "And honestly, I'm still reeling from the fact that we speak the same language."

That was when what's-her-name, uh ... Soraph! Yeah, when Vilda Soraph came back, her hi-jinx with the Toa apparently having run their course. I wonder if they ran into whoever was taking their pants off in the village? Or maybe they found someone a little more willing to part with their widgets than ol' Girah over here--

Oh yeah.

Wait up, didn't the Commodore say we needed regular Ideatalk check-ins or something?

Laaaaaaaaame--

wait

IDEA

"Vilda Soraph," I called over to the princess, giving her a little wave. "How would you like to join our little group of adventurers?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Casanuva and Kalyss walked together to the Koro gates.

"Sorry I held you up."

"Oh, you are, are you?"

"I'm apologizing for not knowing we were in such a hurry. I'm not apologizing for flirting."

Kalyss rolled her eyes. They had reached the Ga-Koro gates. She looked, and... no Vakua. Or Mura. Or Mirra. Or Wisp. Vesun was there, at least. Casanuva waved to him. She groaned heavily as she cradled her head. "I... I don't even..."

IC: . Was I laying it on too thick? I quickly worked to bring my expression back under control.

I may or may not have gotten somewhere.

"Sure, uh... Hi there."

It was all I could manage, being put on the spot like this. Believe me, I wanted to refuse, but common courtesy won the day over better judgement. My sensibilities of normality were starting to turn against one another. Great.

Well, there was only one thing I could do now, and that's hold up in a conversation with two sparkly beings without stepping on their toes like anyone else might've. Forgive me if I fail, but please know I'm trying the best I can on my end.

"I'm Tarkus. Pleased to meet you both."

I extended a hand as I said that. I'm surprised you two picked me out of everyone to talk to, but I'll string together whatever responses I can. What are you doing talking to us plebians anyway?

helo frens