BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

Sinshi forced herself to stand a little straighter, trying to regain some of her usual bearing. Her success was... Limited, but she had to try. Clearing her throat, she looked at Whitehot and attempted to speak with more clarity. "What will be done with the Toa? Labelle?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Yeah, you're real funny there, Soraya," I deadpanned, kneeling down next to the Dashi's body (the one currently lying prone and face-down on the ground), a healthy distance from the Commodore. "You did good out there, Sor, but you're an awful diagnostician; we're finding you a bed, at the very least, and you're gonna have to deal with that."

I glanced over at Ayiwah.

"Not to go over your head or anything, ma'am."

IC: Soraya [Ga-Koro]

"Screw that," Soraya managed, pushing herself up on her hands and ignoring the protests that ran down her arms.  "I'm just out of practice, that's all.  Spent too much time cramped up in that tin can.  You wanna play nurse? Go help the folks who got drugged by a maniac and almost drowned. She forced a grin.  Wow.  I did not know smiling could worsen a headache.  But c'mon, Sor.  A sprint across half of town, getting hit by a tidal wave, frantic swimming and dragging around dead weight while someone tries to kill everyone in the vicinity? You can take that.

I really hope my arms aren't shaking as much as they feel like they are.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

"Anywhere specifically, ma'am?"

IC:

"Yeah, well, I'm no good at healing people," I shot back, resisting the urge to punch Soraya in the face (c'mon lady your arms are shaking like the knees of a disciple of 'Taka you -aren't in a good place-). "I can, however, get people into bed; so why don't you shut up and let me try and keep you falling apart as soon as its hit by a stiff breeze."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Akimoto)

After awhile, Aki managed to recover her breath. She sat on the edge of the lily pad, water dripping off her nose, and was perfectly happy not to do much of anything at all. Dakte was okay. Soraya was okay. Everyone seemed to be alive, which was good. And she hadn't died either. That was a plus.

Still... thing's could've gone south a lot faster than they had. It was lucky that they'd had one of those Toa nearby to control gravity. Lucky that the mad Toa had spent so much of energy. Lucky that she'd underestimated Dakte. Lucky that they'd all gotten to the hut in time to pull everybody out of the ocean. As a smith, Aki knew that luck was something you ran into now and again. Sometimes you got a piece of armour right on the first try. Sometimes you had to hammer away at it for two days before it finally started taking shape. Sometimes it was skill; often it was just the way things happened. Luck.

She wrinkled her nose. Standing there at the entrance to the hut, soulsword in hand, all she could do was watch. She wasn't a Menti. Wasn't even much of a Soulsword, to be honest. She was just a Ringti. A girl with a hammer who'd somehow made it across the ocean to this weird island populated with crazy people and all she knew how to do was beat the tar out of crystal. Why was she here again? Luck.

The image flashed before her again: standing before the hut, watching the fight unfold, unable to do anything. An angry ember flared to life in her stomach. She was tired of feeling useless. Zataka take her, she didn't ever want to feel that helpless again.

IC (Ayiwah):

The commodore nodded in agreement with Daijuno's assessment and said: "My thoughts exactly."

"You, Soraya, are in need of rest and medical attention. Go back to the ship with the others, stop by the medics and get a few hours of sleep before rejoining us. And that is an order."

Ayiwah's eyes were stern, but not unfriendly. She was genuinely concerned about the well-being of the expedition members. Not just because they were under her command but also because it was her responsibility to make sure they all made it back home safe and in one piece.

-----

IC (Tupua):

He was quiet for a few seconds, then admitted: "No. I don't know where they are. I've found traces here and there, but they have all gone cold. There are too many shadows on this island. They fester in its very roots and bedrock, tainting the land. Even with Makuta gone, it is difficult to pinpoint the servants of darkness here. Some may even hide in plain sight."

"But," he added, more optimistic now: "they will not be idle. They abducted one of my brothers, which means they have some sort of plan. And when they make their move, I will be waiting for them."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Voulge

"You really know how to make a simple comment into some long, dark and broody story." He paused a second with a contemplative look. When he returned to being aware he adopted a scowl and lowered his voice "I'm Tupua, everything I say has to be sad and depressing. The day I smile will be the day Makuta starts giving to charity." With a flick of his hand he was back to his odd self " So gist of it is you are looking for a bunch of old Makuta worshipers yet you have next to no clue where they could even be. Am I understanding this correctly?"

Edited by Voxumo: Lord of Ice Picks

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC Kazreak:

The Toa lumbered out of the sea astride his mighty mount, Gali. He looked around the beach, eagerly awaiting to get to his old home, Ga-Koro. The only problem... Where was Ga-Koro? "Help! Someone! I need directions to Ga-Koro!"

OoC: Open for interaction.

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC (Dakte)

Dakte lost track of how long he lay there, gazing up at the sky with eyes half-closed. Hours might have passed, or mere minutes, before some semblance of strength returned to him.

As it did, he was suddenly struck by the fact that he hadn't seen whether his companions had been rescued as well. Ignoring the protestation of his muscles, he heaved his torso upright and looked around urgently.

"Sinshi, Mako, Tarkus!" he croaked through the rawness of his throat to those Dasaka nearby. "Are they here, are they all right?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Vilda Mako (Ga-Koro)

"Half-dead, soaking wet and about to make obscene remarks for no apparent reason whatsoever" I assured Dakte as I approached him.

"I gotta say," I remarked, looking at the remains of what had only recently been an impressive seaweed lodging, "this isn't half bad of a mess you made taking on Labelle. Not bad, not bad at all"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"It's...tricky," Whitehot confessed, eyes following the beaten-up hut. "Imprisonment, at the least, but we only have so much manpower, and to contain a Parakuka user..."

She sighed, feeling suddenly agitated. If the Marines had reported sooner...

"The Akiri will want to know, probably. She's short, but tough as nails when she needs to be and a good kinda soul when she doesn't. Good mind, too. She'll know what to do. Are you sure you're okay, Miss Sinshi? No shame in feeling beat up. It's happened to everyone on this island at one point or another."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Dakte)

Dakte managed a smile.

"Can't claim credit for much of it," he said. "Most of the damage seems to have been done after I blacked out."

A burning itch suddenly made itself known in his windpipe, and he covered his mouth for a bout of ragged coughing. The smile was gone by the time it subsided.

"I apologise," the Menti said, dourly, "for letting this happen. I should've been able to subdue her."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

She wasn't fine.

She could still feel the water in her lungs. She could still feel her Kanohi fail her, her muscles shutting down, feel the entirety of her being consumed by a single, overriding goal. She was still helpless and unconscious, unaware of the world around her and reliant on help to survive. The accusations kept swirling in her head.

Your father would be ashamed.

Is that what we are famous for?

You let her shame you, and you degrade yourself by extension.

The ocean always found its way in. The Menti took a deep breath, steeling herself and forcing the specters from the forefront of her mind. She forced herself to stand a little straighter, a little taller, but she couldn't yet make herself let go of her support. She mustered all of the composure she had, and nodded to the Marine.

"I am fine, Miss Whitehot. I am an Umbraline Menti. I will not be overcome by a little water.

It always found its way in.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

Whitehot blinked.

"Okie-dokie," she said. "I should go file these reports, make sure this woman gets in some nice, tight cell you can't so much as fit a knuckle through. If you want to talk, or need a guide to what's what in Ga-Koro, drop by Marine HQ and head to the mess. I'll be the one buying your first beer. That goes for everyone."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Toenga

As resilient as he was, Toenga didn't do well in large crowds. As he pushed through the many, many beings trying to make their way across the Koro, he started losing hope - slowly at first, then rapidly until not much was left.

When he finally reached an open area, it was with a stumble, and he fell on his hands and knees. He hadn't been expecting the crowd to give way like that...

He wanted to stand up, but all he could manage was a sitting position on his knees and feet. He let his arms droop down sadly as he stared blankly at the lilypad below him.

"It's my fault," he said aloud. "I scared her off! Ugh, why can't I be less of a weirdo?!"

Angrily, he arose from his spot, and pulled a coconut from his satchel. Setting it in front of him, he gave it a mighty kick, watching it fly through the air. His expression wrinkled with frustration.

IC (Dakte)

Dakte managed a smile.

"Can't claim credit for much of it," he said. "Most of the damage seems to have been done after I blacked out."

A burning itch suddenly made itself known in his windpipe, and he covered his mouth for a bout of ragged coughing. The smile was gone by the time it subsided.

"I apologise," the Menti said, dourly, "for letting this happen. I should've been able to subdue her."

IC (Akimoto)

"Yeah, and I should've been able to hold back the ocean," Aki said. "It's nobody's fault, 'specially not yours. Now we should get you back on board where you can rest."

As resilient as he was, Toenga didn't do well in large crowds. As he pushed through the many, many beings trying to make their way across the Koro, he started losing hope - slowly at first, then rapidly until not much was left.

When he finally reached an open area, it was with a stumble, and he fell on his hands and knees. He hadn't been expecting the crowd to give way like that...

He wanted to stand up, but all he could manage was a sitting position on his knees and feet. He let his arms droop down sadly as he stared blankly at the lilypad below him.

"It's my fault," he said aloud. "I scared her off! Ugh, why can't I be less of a weirdo?!"

Angrily, he arose from his spot, and pulled a coconut from his satchel. Setting it in front of him, he gave it a mighty kick, watching it fly through the air. His expression wrinkled with frustration.

IC Kazreak:

As Kazreak shouted into the beaches, a coconut flew towards him. He quickly used his water powers to repel it and throw it back to sender.

OoC: Toenga just saw their coconut suspended by a column of water, Jakura. Karz, I love trolling you. +P

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

IC Kazreak:

As Kazreak shouted into the beaches, a coconut flew towards him. He quickly used his water powers to repel it and throw it back to sender.

OoC: Toenga just saw their coconut suspended by a column of water, Jakura. Karz, I love trolling you. +P

OOC: Darn you.

Toenga was quite miffed when the coconut landed right back at his feet again. Instead of being scared or even curious, he turned to face the opposite direction and gave it another solid kick, watching it fly again. He plopped down and waited for Arzaki to return.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

IC Kazreak:

The Ga-Toa saw the coconut flying throught the air once again. He smirked, welcoming a bit of fun, mounted Gali, his trusty steed, and went to go catch it and throw it back to whoever threw it again. In midair, he jumped up and hit the coconut back to Toenga. Then, to brag some more, Kazreak threw his Aqua Axe at it, slicing it down the middle. Toenga's coconut lied in half at his feet, with an aqua axe in between them.

OoC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkTb9GP9lVI/

Edited by Dallior

Toenga had never been more surprised in his life then when the coconut landed at his feet - again. And, if that wasn't enough, it was in half, with an axe lying between the pieces.

He was angry now. Whoever was doing this...

With a shout of rage, the Matoran bent over, grabbed the axe, and lifted it above his head. It was heavy, but he was too mad to notice it's weight. 

He began chopping the coconut, little pieces flying in every direction. Coconut milk splashed everywhere, but he didn't care - he just kept on hacking away angrily.

IC Kazreak:

As Kazreak strode over to finally see the city, retrieve his axe and apologize to whoever may have been hit by the axe, he saw a Matoran swinging his axe around like a madman, chopping the coconut into so much rubble. Kazreak stealthily snuck behind the Matoran, picked up a coconut chunk, threw it at the Matoran's head, and positioned Gali, his pet Arkiz Bear, behind the victim, waiting to scare the life out of him.

Toenga barely felt the chunk that hit his head - he assumed, at first, it was merely a fragment of his own handiwork that had flown through the air due to his actions. However, after calming down a moment, he realized... it came from behind him.

Turning around, axe still gripped tightly in his hands, he faced the one bothering him.

What he saw was a giant bear.

He didn't scream, though - nor did he jump or even flinch. Instead, he blinked once. Then again.

Raising the aqua axe over his head again, he let out a battle cry and charged at the Rahi.

IC (Dakte)

Dakte managed a smile.

IC (Akimoto)

"Yeah, and I should've been able to hold back the ocean," Aki said. "It's nobody's fault, 'specially not yours. Now we should get you back on board where you can rest."

"What she said" I admitted, shaking my head to get rid of a fuzz in my sight.

"I could use a nap myself... isn't it past midday?"

Zataka be darned if I'd let a crazed water-wielder keep me from taking my midday nap, one without troubling dreams, thank you.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Kazreak:

Kazreak used his powers of control over water to channel the water powers of the Aqua Axe to bring it towards him like Thor. Now that the Matoran was disarmed, Kazreak had time to laugh, and shake Toenga's hand. "Name's Kazreak. Sorry about the coconut. Thanks for the laugh, kid."

IC: Treize

"I'd ask them," said Treize, gesturing at the Dasakans.

IC:

A reasonable course of action to determine one's next move. While lacking in initiative, Tyrus could appreciate his Captain's suggestion as the best way out of an improbable situation.

"Of course, ma'am," he said with a charming smile and a nod, before he began walking over to the recovering envoys. There seemed to be a gathered trio, two of whom resembled Toa (save for the odd colouration and the fantastical crystal armour), and the third of which resembled a Turaga in all but disposition. The Lesterin glanced up at the sky slightly when he heard the elder say:

"I could use a nap myself... isn't it past midday?"

"A little closer to night," Tyrus answered smoothly as he approached them, extending one hand. "Private Tyrus Archer of the Ga-Koro Marines. I'm here to assist you in whatever capacity you may require."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC Kazreak:

"Sorry about the confusion, little one. The axe and the bear are mine. I wouldn't want Gali getting hurt."

IC Kazreak:

Kazreak noticed the look of confusion on Toenga's face, and quickly said, "Oh, sorry. That's the name of the Rahi. I named her in honor of the old Ga-Toa that used to protect Ga-Koro."

IC: "Got 'er about as secure as she can legally get without consent, Ma'am." Goldie chimed in, hoisting the now thoroughly enchained and unconscious Labelle onto his shoulders in a fireman's carry. Giving the seemingly distant Tarkus a nudge between the shoulders with a boot, he started off for the HQ. "I'll bring her in while you finish up here."

She's gonna make me run DD, ain't she?

'Course she is.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IC: "Present." I'd mumbled upon Mister Datke's half panicked outburst as to whether or not we were alright. After that, however, there didn't seem to be any questions directed my way, so I'd say I understandably zoned out for a while.

Not to say I had it particularly worse than anyone else, but I retain my right to say it had been a very long afternoon. You try being a guy who goes from bow-fishing twice a week to having to wake up submerged and then slow down a villa in free fall. That's work, no matter how you sliced it.

Thankfully, a casual shove to the back from the guardsman, which really wasn't that necessary, had been enough to bring me back to the real world right on time to remember a few key facts.

One: My bow was still down there.

Two: I didn't have nearly the energy or willpower to go down there and get it.

Three: Shouldn't I pick up my little sister from soccer practice soon?

Probably, I muttered under my breath. And I hadn't even had lunch yet, either!

I let myself slump forward a little in regret and self-pity, if only for a small moment. I'd earned it.

helo frens