BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Thankfully." I replied, looking up once more. "I don't think I can handle another heart attack this week."

No hyperbole there. I won 't go into it again, since I have for a while now, but you all know the drill with me by now:

I'm too normal for that stuff.

helo frens

IC:

Whitehot giggled and shrugged her shoulders up at the sky.

"You asked me about my parents," she continued after a minute. "Mom enjoyed the break, but she really loves home, you know. It's all she's ever known, and some people adapt to it more than others. Dad...well, both of 'em gave us the looks, but other than that I got almost everything from Dad. This place was just barely high-octane enough for him to enjoy. And of course, both of them wanted to know who I was seeing. Mom practically fell in love with Goldie for me. Begged me to take him out of the friend zone." The sergeant snickered to herself. "It was a fun trip. I tried to convince them to stay, said I'd pay for anything they needed no matter how broke it left me...turns out, that was the wrong thing to say. They wanted their baby girl to have a better life. Can't fault 'em for that. ######, s'why I admire 'em."

"Still miss 'em, doe."

-Tyler

Edited by Aikuro Mikisugi

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Dakte)

"Not entirely unlike home, eh?"

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

"Mhmm," I replied, a tiny bit absent-minded as I focused on settling back in my own head. For a Willhammer, letting your thoughts wander too far is no walk in the park.

After I made sure my head was screwed on properly, I decided to actually respond to Dakte's prompt for conversation.

"Yes, it does. Reminds of Oki's shores. Difference is the way it feels; back home it felt a bit forced, because we have to be mighty careful who let onto our little spot of "unspoiled natural beauty" or somesuch. But here..."

I stopped to point at a nearly-erased footprint in the sand in front of us.

"...you can tell people live here, and spend time here and all that. Gives it more character"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Dakte)

"I agree, though I've not visited Oki more than a handful of times," Dakte replied. "The closest contact I usually have with nature is the Gardens, and those take 'forced beauty' even further than the Vilda lands do. Everything is controlled, regimented, and never allowed to grow outside its allotted space."

The Menti gave a quiet, bitter snort.

"The perfect embodiment of good Dasaka Order..."

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"Volcanic, if I remember their notes correctly." The Umbraline commented, idly slipped her hands into her pockets as she walked. "Semi-active. Portions of the region were charred, likely from a previous eruption."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC (Dakte)

"I agree, though I've not visited Oki more than a handful of times," Dakte replied. "The closest contact I usually have with nature is the Gardens, and those take 'forced beauty' even further than the Vilda lands do. Everything is controlled, regimented, and never allowed to grow outside its allotted space."

The Menti gave a quiet, bitter snort.

"The perfect embodiment of good Dasaka Order..."

IC: Vilda Mako (Naho Bay)

"Indeed"

Above us, Kama was cheerfully frolicking from branch to branch, enjoying her first good taste of fresh air and all that good stuff since I'd dared to leave the sub again after the "incident" as I now referred to it (in true proper etiquette fashion).

"I think we're both playing second fiddle to her when it comes to how much we're enjoying it, though" I remarked with a smile.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

Tucking the folded letter into the pocket of his coat, Tyrus glanced down the street to see if he could chance a look at the spoken-of being.

It didn't take long to spot the mentioned Toa.

A figure of midnight black and burnished copper, wearing an Akaku but no other weapon; the strangest part of her appearance, however, was the strange armour that she bore. It glittered in the sunlight, flashing and dazzling on-lookers, almost as though it was made out of glass ... or perhaps crystal.

The foreign envoys?

"While I commend your civic spirit, my yet-to-be-named acquaintance," Tyrus said, rankling a little that this man had failed to give his name, "I find it perfectly understandable how a group of people would not enjoy a stranger following them around town, watching them."

-Void 

[ BZPRPG ]

IC:

Sinshi thought back to the pyromaniac, the crazy stalker, the resolute Guardswoman, and the dauntless, peerless people she had met. From the quieter Tarkus, to the helpful Dantas, and the bombastic Whitehot,

She nodded.

"No, it doesn't."

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"I do believe you are correct." Eyes narrowed, Sinshi peered into the distance to get a better look at the people on the beach ahead. They looked suspiciously like her two friends.

"Tarkus? Whitehot?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

Sinshi raised a hand in greeting, looking over the duo before them. As they reached the Sergeant, she gave a slight, questioning cock of her head. "Evening, Sergeant. Weren't you headed to HQ to take care of some paperwork?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"Welllllll, I was. Then I got sidetracked hauling this buoy back to shore and...dozed off here, I guess. Tarkus found me." Whitehot grinned and patted the aforementioned stolen metal monstrosity affectionately. "Small world, huh."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Yeah, if you want it wholesale, you're gonna need a lot of in' help lugging it onto the Ryuu," Whitehot laughed, putting a fist on the base of her spine and popping her back. Her torso pushed out with the motion, followed by the rest of her when she stood up and dusted the sand off the jacket around her waist. "Let alone selling it back on Kentoku. Buuut that's your problem now, Dai."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Sinshi cleared her throat quietly, clasping her hands behind her back and looking over to the massive hunk of metal resting on the beach. If she hadn't already known Whitehot wore a Pakari, she wouldn't have known how she got it ashore. It had taken her everything she had just to get herself ashore not a day ago. 

"If anyone could find a space in the hold, it'd be Daijuno. And I'm sure she can get some help moving it. Though she might have to part with a small fraction of the fortune it will net her."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"If you need help, Dai, I can give a hand," she said amiably. "Get it under the dock and let you roll it into the hold the rest of the way. I don't mind getting a little sweaty. Just gotta do it discreetly."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Ayiwah): 

"I think we can arrange for that. It certainly will turn some heads when we return." the commodore said.

She hadn't expected to load a buoy onto the Ryuu of all things, but it was a good example what kind of mundane objects the people of the island were making out of metal and it was large enough to make an impression. Ayiwah turned towards Whitehot.

"Thank you for your help, sergeant. How can we return the favor?"

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Whitehot covered up her blush at the three Dasaka's reactions as best she could. In her semi-sober, tired state, that wasn't saying much. She was thankful for most of the cover of night.

"Yeah, well. You'd better be."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Whitehot bit the corner of her lip and laughed.

"When you put it that way, yeah, I'll see you around. There's a cool pancake place further inland, closer to the Markets than Golden Weapons is. Do they have the 'Jacks on Stacks on Stacks special on Sado?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: I turned my head, halfway believing I'd gone senile. How many times in one day? This was unprecendented, and if were a more superstitious man, something I wouldn't chalk up to mere coincidence.

"Hey," I said, raising a hand and small smile in greeting. Being the least physically imposing thing in the composition of the scene before them, I was luck to recieve the nods of acknowledgement I got before those hungry eyes of the Dashi's zeroed in on Whitehot's gift, calling the attention of all present to it. As such, the next words died in my throat.

And just as well, too, because I'd found myself suddenly feeling under as much pressure as I had when Miss Soter was staring straight through me.

I couldn't offer the sword here, could I? The atmosphere-- none of it felt right at all. Especially now that I had a whole buoy to be compared to...

Turning my head back and looking out at the waves, I puzzled over the dilemma my ever-helpful frontal lobe had caused me while trying to affect a casual air, bag hopefully (mostly) hidden from their view by my body.

Of all the times for a man's will to have faltered!

helo frens

IC Sorox

OOC: Poorly hiding from Akimoto.

IC:

"You know," Tyrus Archer said to the man in black poorly trying to conceal himself, "hiding is usually best done while being silent."

The Lesterin did not even look up from what he was doing -- which, for the sake of completedness, was scribbling out a brief letter upon a flat piece of driftwood he had found kicked to the side of the street, whilst he too leaned against the side of a building -- to reprimand the Toa in his actions.

-Void

IC (Akimoto)

Aki looked over at the two natives conversing -or, rather, one of them was talking, and the other one was hiding. Badly. She raised and lowered one shoulder. These natives were odd.

"Excuse me," she said, walking over to the natives. "Can you tell me the way to the docks?"

OOC:

Act 1

Scene 1: The Ga-Wahi shoreline

Enter a Toa of sonics

IC: Drome

When you stare into the water, it's easy to get lost in your own reflection. You see your past laid out before you in every wound and every muscle. Victories and defeats flowing together as one, creating a single image that stares back with lifeless eyes. What could you have done differently? Which of these scars were ones with shameful pasts? Those are questions that may haunt the mind, and lead perhaps to a revelation. For most this revelation might be to try harder in life, to be a better person than they ever were before. For other it works to strengthen their resolve and lead them onward with new-found determination.

For Drome it meant neither of these things. For him it meant freedom.Freedom from pain that had enveloped him for far too long. Freedom from the defeats that had plagued his past. Freedom from a foe who had been stalking him relentlessly. Drome could scarcely contain himself from laughing. Finally he had the freedom that he had wanted, but freedom had come at a cost. A very harsh cost, but one that he was certain he could every repay. He knew he had to try regardless, there was too much that needed to be accomplished to let this shadow of past mistakes linger over him.

With one hand inside a pocket of his vicious armor, he squeezed tightly to a crumpled piece of paper. Written upon it was a curse, the harshest of all curses he had ever faced. It was not something that could merely be cured. No, it would require a great deal of effort to free himself from the small piece of paper. He knew he had time to do so and, once it was finished, he would be free from all that restrained him.

As if the defeat and subsequent comatose state hadn't been cruel enough, the unholy price on the hospital bill was easily enough to drive a man to madness. But Drome wasn't mad, no. He was above madness. He was furiousness.

Looking down into the flowing water, Drome unleashed a sonic roar. Crafted not to deafen or cause pain, but instead for his own amusement. The waters writhed under the echoing assault and the fish within began to panic and flail about. He let out a small chuckle. It was far nicer not to be the powerless one. Soon, very soon.

"Hahaha. Drome, he who makes the fishes dance." he sighed as he took a seat at the edge of the water, laying back and placing his feet into the cool liquid, "How great and noble. You have certainly proven yourself to be a hero, haven't you? Bah." Rubbing his eyes with a groan, he continued grumbling, "Maybe I'm not cut out for heroics. Probably should let the scars and scam of a bill tell me that one."

"It's all Kadon's fault."

Unseen by Drome beneath the water, a fish had been irritated by the sonic barrage. However, unlike the others this fish was smart enough to know where the blast had come from. Shooting up to the water's surface, the sharp-toothed fish sunk its teeth right into Drome's foot. It was tired of being powerless. It would make them pay. It would make them all pay!

With a startled shout, Drome launched himself up from his relaxed position and saw the small fish gnawing on his toe. With a sonic blast, he sent the little pest flying off into the distance, to land who-knows-where. Rubbing his injured toe, he frowned. Stupid little fish. Who did it think it was, trying to attack him?

Eh. Maybe staying near water with vicious bitey fish wasn't the best idea. Lugging his mace up over his shoulder, he turned towards a large tree presenting a great deal of shade. Perfect. With a light laugh, Drome began walking towards the tree. Relaxing was so much better than trying to get money to pay off his bill. He could just do that later.

Edited by Mythologist Eschatologist

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles