BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC:

"I just missed the fact that we were talking with an alien," Tyrus said, a perceptible slump growing in his stance. "I need a drink."

-Void

IC: 

"Let's go get a drink then. Things are fairly quiet right now anyway." 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Ayiwah):

The Commodore considered Soraph’s words for a while. She looked at Vakua, then the other Menti and then at Casanuva. With a sigh, she shook her head slightly.

“I do not doubt your companion’s skill. You may think our abilities limited, Toa Casanuva, but none of you have seen a Dasaka in real combat yet.”

Then she focused back on Vilda Soraph.

:Before you say anything, know that I absolutely understand your motivations and where they come from. You are eager to help and it is a fine quality. But I cannot grant your request.:

Ayiwah was not one to leave things unexplained. Yes, sometimes there was no time to explain an order, where time was of the essence and immediate action required, which superceded the need for explanations. But when she had the time, the Commodore always gave her reasons. Doing otherwise would only cause discontent over time for a leader in her position, unless that leader was so infallible that they were always right. But such leaders did not exist, so giving an explanation meant becoming relatable to those below and above in the chain of command. It made the whole job easier.

:Think of the bigger picture. You said it yourself: Vakua is a target. While we could protect him aboard the Ryuu without doubt, he cannot stay there long. For one it would make us targets by proxy, something I wish to avoid until we are in a better position to react considering how comparatively little we know about their powers. Not to mention that hiding him aboard the only crystalline vessel this side of the endless ocean seems an odd choice, especially after you were seen in his company. Whoever is after him will ask around and figure out his hiding place easily. For another, whenever he leaves the Ryuu again he will have learned much about us and we cannot guarantee that his pursuers won’t capture him at some point in the future and the knowledge he has about us. If you wish to protect him, a safe house here in Ga-Koro would be a far better option.:

:As for your second request I will need more time to think about it. You are right, the intelligence gathered up north would be useful, especially where the six are concerned, but right now I am very uncomfortable at the thought of you out there without any other Dasaka at your side.:

“Stay put for now. I will have an answer for you come morning.”

-----

Morning came. A fresh westward wind accompanied the rising sun, rustling the palm trees and other vegetation along the coastline and made flags and ropes and other lose things dance audibly to its tune. Though it could not remove the collected expression the Commodore wore on her face most times, it still reminded her of home and the docks and ships she had spent most of her life in.

Ayiwah appeared on deck just in time to witness the gathering on the pier outside. A gathering centered around a certain Toa of earth whose acquaintance they had made not too long ago but seemed like a lifetime already for some.

"C'mon, Dai, don't be grouchy, feel that breeze! Let paradise do what it does best and steal your heart!"

“Then you and paradise must be tough rivals.” She commented from above.

At the same time, she had not forgotten last night’s conversation with Soraph and reached out on the mental plane, but not to the Vilda. Well, not that Vilda, to be precise.

:Mako, Tazera, join me in my cabin, please.:

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

I perked up upon sensing the now-familiar presence of the Commodore reaching out. I straightened myself into a slightly less unimpressive posture and gave her a curt nod. With Kama in town by the shoulder I walked past her and entered below deck.

"You'll find me outside the door"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Akimoto)

Aki stood on the deck, enjoying the morning breeze. She noticed the Commodore emerge, and wondered for a moment if this would be when she issued the call to move on. The thought was accompanied by a strange reluctance: though they had only been in Gak-Oro for a day, the tranquil little village already felt something like home.

Come on, she thought. You're only pining for land cause you've spent too long on the water. This island was huge, and there was so much more to see! Why settle for the first thing to catch her eye?

The Menti shrugged. She leaned back against the railing and watched the bay sparkle in the sunlight.

IC:

"I would never do such a thing." The Umbraline insisted, though she gave the Dastana Saihoko a faint, almost sheepish looking shrug of the shoulders. "I am, however, in favor of continuing on towards waffles."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC:

"Who's that? That the Commodore trying to serenade me from afar? Ayy! Ayy yo, Ayiwah!" Whitehot picked up her voice and cupped her hands around her mouth. "Ayy! Waffles, babe! Scoot on over with us!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"You psychics. Jeez. Makes me wonder what you guys are saying about us while we can't hear." Whitehot grinned teasingly at the foreigners amongst the group. "You guys aren't admiring Goldie's behind my back, are ya, ladies?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Our commentary isn't usually of a secretive nature. All of us can hear it. We simply aren't accustomed to someone lacking even a Dashi's ability to receive such messages." Sinshi commented, with the faintest hints of a smile to show her friendly intent. "Nor has Mr. Goldenpecs been present long enough for commentary to begin with."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC:

"Well, that's an interesting answer from a girl usually so forthright. You're evil." Whitehot beamed and winked at the Menti behind her before tilting her chin up at a building down the street. "Breakfast awaits just at the end of the block, ladies. Hope your stomachs aren't roiling so hard from how cute we are that you can't stomach a few courses."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Ayiwah):

The commodore nodded in Sinshi's direction; a subtle, friendly gesture, before looking down at the tips of her feet in order to avoid showing everybody that a grin had forced its way onto her expression. But it did not last long. Seeing the Toa and her entourage head for breakfast brought an eventuality into focus which, she had to admit, they had failed to consider before they had departed: 

What if one of the expedition does not want to come back?

She and Tazera would have to talk about it later and then include Lady Hanako in the discussion once the two of them were in agreement. But first, there was another matter to discuss. Ayiwah turned on one heel, then made her way back into the conn tower with purpose in her stride. Back below decks, she found Mako where he said he would be, waiting outside her cabin, passing the time by entertaining Kama. The Commodore opened the door and then held it open. "Come in, Mako, make yourself comfortable."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

Soraph nodded, her face set in an expression of regret as she listened to the Commodore go into a length explanation of why the Vilda's first request would not be granted. She wasn't sure if she preferred it or if the commodore had simply said no; instead, Soraph had to keep quiet while the Toa nearby waited on a wordless conversation to end.  

As the Commodore started winding down, a sinking feeling in her gut told her that she'd be stuck in Ga-Koro for a long, long time.

And then, there was the good news!

Come morning, Commodore Ayiwah may let her leave! 

Soraph held still while the Commodore finished speaking and descended into the submarine. Then, the Vilda princess turned towards the Kalta, smiling.

"I'm sorry to say but the Commodore doesn't think it would be a good idea for Vakua to join us on the ship. It puts too big of a target on our back besides his own, and more than that, the more he learns about myself and other Dasaka, the bigger the target HE'll be to any enemies of ours here. 

"But the good news is I might be able to join you on a trip to scout out Ko-Koro. I'll have an answer for you tomorrow. Do you think you could come by so I can let you know?" she said, more to Casanuva than anyone else.

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"Breakfast awaits just at the end of the block, ladies. Hope your stomachs aren't roiling so hard from how cute we are that you can't stomach a few courses."

IC:

"I'll try," I said, hiding a smirk. "Never let it be said that Dai Dastana turned down a free meal. There are restaurants back home that had to close up shop because of me."

IC: 

"Let's go get a drink then. Things are fairly quiet right now anyway." 

IC:

"True," Tyrus said, hands in his pockets, already taking his first strides along the edge of the village. "I know a good place by the sea. Wonderful view of the sunset, if you get the right seat."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Casanuva wanted to retort the Commodore's comment about Dasaka in battle, but a stern look from Aelied made him swallow his response. Things were looking up at least by the time Soraph finished relaying the Dasaka leader, though. Casanuva smiled slightly. "Of course! I'll see you tomorrow then, Soraph."

As the Kalta started walking away, he approached Aelied. "We... can come back tomorrow, right? Cause I already promised-"

"If I had any objections, I would have let you know."

The Fa-Toa was silent for a moment. Zueya and Vakua shot him concerned looks. "I'm sorry my plan didn't pan out. I just figured I had to do something-"

Aelied chuckled. "I wasn't condemning your plan. You took initiative, and it was just you, Kalyss, and Vakua. We are almost all together now, we can make sure that Vakua is safe together. As for these... Dasaka, as long as they don't interfere in our mission, having additional help is not something I will turn down, especially if it will help in the liberation of Ko-Koro."

A smirk formed on Casanuva's mask as he fell in behind his leader. Zueya playfully elbowed him in the side. "Don't let it go to your head. Much more, and we'd have to get Skorm to do some work so stuff didn't orbit around it."

"Who knows," Aelied said from up in front, "the pull might attract Skorm so we don't have to look for him. Come, we're going to camp outside the Koro. Test your survival skills."

Casanuva was groggy the next morning, and slightly sore. Aelied made his hammock look so easy to fall asleep in; it obviously wasn't for everybody. He tumbled to the ground; Aelied and Vakua were meditating around the remnants of the campfire, Vakua's head slightly nodding to some unheard rhythm. Casanuva popped his neck as he walked up to them.

"I'm gonna head down to see the Dasaka. Where's Zueya?"

Vakua removed one side of his earmuffs. I believe she went near the falls. She said something about wanting to go with you this morning.

The Fa-Toa nodded. "Thanks. I'll be back." Casanuva made his way to the shore, in time to see Zueya shaking off beads of water from her mask before replacing it on her face. She was startled for a moment when she saw him, but stood up.

"Morning. You look like you just woke up."

Casanuva yawned. "I did. How's the water?"

Zueya shrugged. "It's not seawater, or frozen runoff."

The Fa-Toa knelt by the water line. "So?"

"Eh. Six out of ten." She leaned against a tree trunk while he washed his face and mask. "You really think those... Dasaka will let Sorif or whatever-her-name-was come with us?"

With a clank, Casanuva remagnetized his Pakari to his face, and looked over his shoulder at his teammate. "Soraph. And yes, I hope so."

Together, the two walked along the beach toward Ga-Koro. Zueya smirked, and started poking Casanuva with both hands.

"What?" Zueya bit her lip, and poked him faster. "What?"

"You liiiiiike her!"

"What? No!" Casanuva waved her off, his mask flush. "I mean- yes. Maybe."

Zueya smiled, very proud with herself. "I knew it. I could tell from the moment I saw you two together."

"Yes yes, very perceptive."

The lithe Vo-Toa took Casanuva's arm. "Well, I'm happy for you." Casanuva grunted as they walked through Ga-Koro's gates. "Never would have thought I'd see the ladykiller in love..."

Casanuva pulled his arm away. "Hey! No! More talk like that and, Artakha help me, I will throw you in the ocean."

Zueya chortled, then pushed up to Casanuva. A distant look came into her eyes. "I'm worried about him," she said quietly.

Skorm. Casanuva sighed; he had not been looking forward to this. "Yeah, I worry about him too." He frowned as he remembered their last encounter, here in Ga-Koro. The murderous look of pure hatred and contempt in his eyes, the oily substance leaking from his mask. "When I don't wanna plow his head into the ground," he added quietly.

"We have to find him, and help him."

Casanuva squinted his eyes as he spotted the glare coming off of the Dasaka's submersible, several Dasaka and Toa already near it. "I think either we'll find him, or he'll find us. I wouldn't worry about it for now. Right now, we need to focus on being presentable."

The pair ambled up to the submarine to wait. Zueya tilted her head as she examined the crystal craft. "Never thought I'd see a submarine here. How do you think this one works?"

Casanuva crossed his arms. "Some manner of electricity, I'd reckon." Zueya jabbed him again with her elbow.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"I feel as though that logic is flawed." Sinshi remarked, following the others after returning Ayiwah's nod. "At least, in my own limited experience back home. My only patronage was to a noodle cart near my home, and I suspect what little budget I have is what keeps them in business."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"That just means the system works even better! Those with enough supply to keep up demand make sure their businesses stay in business! At least...I...think. Is that how the economy works, Goldie?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Verulas (Spectre) - Ga-Koro (Outskirts)

After a few more words and receiving part of the team's payment, the Bo-Toa found himself back out on the streets, using his mask to cover his tracks (which was starting to get both really Karzing old and somewhat tiring by now) as he scampered up to the rooftop of a nearby building to get a better look at the file.

Hmmm... Extortion, smuggling, murder, knowingly selling shoddy and harmful products to customers... Yup, it definitely seems like this guy's got it - why hello there, beautiful...

Picking out one of the photos stuffed inside the folder along with the documents accompanying it for a closer inspection, Verulas discovered that the target lived in a large, gaudy building that provided numerous points of entry, was only staffed with a single skeleton crew in the evenings, and most of them consisted of the variety of hired thugs usually found inside of a local bar. What really caught his attention, however, was that the manor was located outside of the city's walls.

Jackpot. The more distance we have between us and the village means a slower response time for the guards in the event we get caught, and substantially decreases the chances of leaving behind both witnesses and unnecessary casualties.

IC: Aine and Shu - Ga-Koro (Docks)

"Still, you could've mentioned it while Aokora was still with us," Aine said, crossing her arms over her chest and angrily turning her attention elsewhere.

Shu merely shrugged.

IC: Septima - Ga-Koro (Docks)

Before Septima could utter another word, she was interrupted by the sound of shattering glass coming from a nearby alleyway, followed by angry and panicked yelling.

"What do you think that was about?" she asked Natharius.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Vaíl, Naho Bay

In a few practiced motions, Vaíl started the boat's motor and directed her vessel after the Matoran's. She glanced again at the stars and paused briefly in concentration, as though she were trying to remember something. She shook her head and returned her gaze to the sea.

[[timeskip]]

[Ga-Wahi, Northern Ga-Koro Harbor (Talli)]

Talli lead the tall blue and green toa past the huts of Ga-koro with a brisk stride.  She could have pointed out the notable areas and locations, but she wasn’t a tour guide.  She was just going to point the toa toward the weird submersible boat, and go home.  Now that she was on land once again, she felt like she might collapse against a nearby building.

It was a relief when the top of the odd craft became visible in the north harbor.  The inhabitants of the ship had gone to some lengths to hide it by submerging most of it, but it still stuck out among the dingies and speedboats of the Ga-Koro marines.

Talli pointed it out for the Toa.

“There you go.  Knock yourself out.”

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC:

"I'm not sure information obtained from ordering is valid. I could get the same out of Dai, but she's not military. So it wouldn't be ordering. It would be more... Leaning heavily on caste tiers."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You have an evil, evil mind, girl. Whitehot grabbed the door to their breakfast haunt and casually threw it open. She stretched out one leg and put one boot up against the doorknob with a hiiii-yah noise to hold it open for the others.

"Llllladies first."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Several minutes after Casanuva had left the camp to join Zueya, Aelied stood up and walked to the edge of the clearing the Kalta were camping in. This area of the jungle felt different than the area of Le-Wahi he had trekked through. It wasn't just the lack of undergrowth; the plants told him the soil was different. There were more small plants here, making foot travel outside of established paths difficult; there was more sunshine. Aelied leaned on the tree he had tied his hammock from as he looked out into the bay, onto the local settlement. Ga-Koro. He had to admit that despite the lack of large structures, it was impressive, the unity of plantlife and water, far more than even a treehouse such as those he had seen in Le-Wahi. Tiny colored specks wandered the village, predominantly blue. The glittering of the water prevented observing more closely.

He pondered the implications of these... Dasaka. Of all the species he had seen on this island, they were the most like that of the Matoran race. Lesterin were similar, but were... off. Their history might be interesting to hear, but it was their powers that concerned Aelied. When planning his mission, he had considered Vakua's Suletu an edge to the Kalta. However, from what the Fa-Toa under his command had told him, the powers that the Dasaka wielded were as to Vakua's mastery of his mask as a thousand-year old redwood is to a pruned hedge. If his thoughts weren't safe, the entire mission could be jeopardized. Vakua was safe to be around, the young De-Toa could be trusted.

Aelied had conditioned him well enough.

The possibility of Casanuva bringing along the target of his infatuation could be very valuable, if half of what he told she had done was true. But it was also very, very dangerous. He could work with people not on the team easily enough, but if she decided she was curious, she could unravel this entire thing like a child with a ball of yarn. The elder Bo-Toa would have to take precautions. Nothing too forward, though; just backup measures.

"Vakua."

The De-Toa perked up, and took off his ear mufflers, twisting his body so he could see Aelied behind him. Yes?

"Is there anyone within earshot?"

Vakua tilted his head for several moments. Only rahi. I can dampen the sound around us, if you would like.

Smiling slightly, the Bo-Toa nodded. "Please do. I just wanted to make sure we have some privacy. We need to talk."

As the ambient sounds of the jungle around them halted, Aelied could tell that Vakua showed a hint of surprise. Oh. What about?

The Kalta team leader spoke clearly. "Command code Kuota. Authorization: Aelied."

Vakua, still seated cross-legged on the ground, slumped slightly. Aelied noted his jaw became slack as well. He was still for several moments before his head twitched. The De-Toa slowly rubbed his mask. There was a insect call from within the sound damp, and the toa's head jerked to the side in its direction. Someone else was at the helm. He tried to clear his throat, but ended up coughing several times instead.

"Ugh. It feels like I've gargled a mouthful of rusty nails," the De-Toa rasped. His voice was gravelly, and cracked several times.

"Hn," Aelied grunted. "Kuota, we may soon be joined by a telepath. If your teammates are to be believed, she may prove to be a threat if Vakua doesn't take precautions."

"Yeah," Kuota said, "I know. She was poking around in my... the other guy's head. Almost found me for a second. Lucky for us, she latched onto your last training session."

Aelied frowned and crossed his arms. "Hmm. I might have to talk to Merceon then. Casanuva was also mentally probed, and he might have left his guard down."

"Might have? Even Vakua could tell he was thinking with his-"

"Enough." Aelied gave the De-Toa a stern look. "There's no telling what could happen if she decides to invade my mind. However, the Suletu detects and projects thoughts and mental processes. If the user knows what to look for, it should be able to sense a mental intrusion."

Kuota laughed slightly before cringing and holding his throat. "You know I can't use this mask."

"I am aware of that. Implant that as a subconscious command. I would rather not have Vakua compromised either."

The young toa stared ahead, blinking a few times. "Yeah. Done, Aelied. He'll subconsciously monitor your headspace, warn you if somebody tries anything fiddly."

Aelied nodded. "Acknowledged. Authorization: Aelied, end command."

The De-Toa again slumped. Slowly, the body stirred again. Vakua frowned, his hand going to his neck, wincing.

Excuse me sir, my... throat hurts. I think I should get some water.

Aelied was again facing the bay. He turned around, a vague look of concern. "Very well. I hope you haven't caught anything on this island. I'll come with you, I think I spotted some fruit on the way here that might help with that. Come."

Edited by Keeper of Kraata
  • Upvote 1

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"No gratitude required!" Whitehot filtered in after them and promptly waved down a circular booth in the corner, perfect for four people to squeeze in comfortably while leaving ample room for the Sergeant herself to perch on Goldie's lap. 

"Man, I'm hungry."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Neither of us is likely to even recognize what you name, so I doubt we could." Sinshi answered, sliding onto the bench next to Whitehot and carefully eyeing a menu. "And I think both of us would appreciate the aid."

fK5oqYf.jpg