BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Soraya [The Markets]

"Total economic collapse followed by adjustment and reconstruction of the relative value of the resources our respective markets are based on until a stable trade equilibrium is established, at least going by contemporary economic schools of thought.  And you know what that means?" She grinned.  "It means get in while the getting's good.  Remind me to stop by that forge sometime."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: (Datrox)

Datrox looked over at Sorox. He was prepared to say some very unkind things until he saw how the rest of the bar was looking at the Toa of Water.
"That mask may have not been the best choice," he whispered, before taking a drink.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

Oh shoot he's talking to me

Sorox glared at Datrox, as he sipped on his mystery drink. "I find it quite useful." He said with a slightly harsh tone. "After all, it's easier to use the earth when you're above it."

His gold/black armour seemed even older and more boring as he glanced to see if the bartender was ding anything. He was in the corner, rearranging already arranged things with a slight look of terror behind his eyes. Well... Not useful for everything, I guess...

​He shrugged, then took another sip. Frankly, he wasn't sure what he was drinking, either--sure wasn't what he had ordered.
​"You come in here for a drink or do you come into bars to look at the scenery?"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

The Toa of Fire shrugged again. Clearly the glaring wasn't bothering him.
 ​"I dunno," he said, staring into his drink as if he had lost something in it.
 ​"...hey, you look like a tough guy. Go ask that bartender over there why he gave me the wrong drink."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

"Only because the current discussion is quite dull."

Thankfully they were sitting close to the counter, so he stood, leaned over the counter top, and rapped on it slightly. "I would like a reason as to why this gentlem-"

The bartender had turned white as death. He quickly poured himself some strong drink and gulped it down, flushing colour into his face. "Uh, scram, you." Trying his best to look not-terrified, he quickly found something else to focus his eyes on. Quietly groaning to himself, the Toa resumed his seat with a look of utter disappointment and annoyance.

IC:

"Sleep deprivation is not good, especially in battle. You need to be fully alert at all times." Arisaka stated before drinking from her own cup of coffee. She paused and looked at her drink, this island had some bizarre flavors for their beverages. 

IC:

In the distance Wraith walked toward the ice cream stand, stopping when he saw Seven in conversation with an unknown figure. He decided it was best not to interrupt and kept his distance, but he watched this stranger carefully all the same, just in case. 

Edited by Lina Inverse

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"Didn't work, huh?" he asked, seemingly oblivious to the bartender's terror. "Yeah, guy who works here's a bit stubborn. Ah well."
Datrox got out of his seat and stretched a little. He pretended to fish around for widgets but never put any on the table.
​"Well, I'm outta here. Word of advice, pal: get a mask that ain'
​t an embodiment of darkness and hate."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

​"Yeah, whatever. Have fun with all these people who are absolutely terrified of you, by the way. I'm sure an angry mob won't chase you outta town for looking like a frickin' Makuta cultist."

​OOC: ...I think Datrox is coming off as a jerk FAR more than I intended him to...

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vaíl, Ga-Koro

Vaíl wandered through Ga-Koro in search of an eating/drinking/sleeping establishment that possessed some combination of the "nearby," "still open this time of night," and "not 100% shady" characteristics, roughly in that order of importance. It wasn't exactly an easy pursuit, but she managed to find a place that met her quickly-lowering standards before too long. A lantern burned outside the establishment's door, but the additional light did little to make the worn sign more legible. She stepped inside.

"--eat those words, for I'm prepared to make you!"

welp

She quickly sized up the speaker. Weird-looking gold mask, everything else black, sword. Toa. Uncertain element - earth, maybe? Standing. Clearly unhappy.

His words seemed to be directed at a seated figure: Huna, armored in red and black, also sword, also Toa, probably fire.

She assessed this information within a single brief moment. Vaíl wasn't looking for any excitement this evening, but then again, she was also seriously hungry by this point and didn't want to hunt for another place to eat. Neither of the pair looked particularly dangerous, so she simply let the door close silently and headed toward the bar, hopefully unnoticed.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

The Toa of Fire pulled his obsidian blade out and twirled it in his hand.
​"Awright then, let's--"
​He looked over at Vail, then put his hand up to Sorox.
"...uh, we're about to have a duel here."

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vaíl, Ga-Koro, unidentified bar/inn

Vaíl smirked. "Glad you're being so civil about it. Please, don't let me get in your way." She glanced at the Toa's drawn blade as she sidestepped him. "Looks pretty sharp; don't hurt yourself." She didn't bother watching for a reaction but seated herself at the bar, signalling the barkeep for a glass of whiskey.

Edited by Baltarc

Q2TtLEz.png

IC Sorox

He slowly drew out his long, black blade, taking a careful examinations of the surroundings. Small glass of water on the far side... Like that's gonna be much help...

"Of course. Mind you be careful; we don't want to repair amputations."

After finishing with his snarky comment, he thrust his blade out far enough that if Datrox didn't move, he'd get slightly stabbed.

IC: Skorm kept his eyes on the distant village as he kept foliage between him and it.

"Well, I tried to kill him and the other Kalta. That's the story without context."

One look told Skorm his companion wouldn't be satisfied without the context.

"Well, I was tracking him down to start putting the team back together. Followed his trail out of Le-Koro, ran into a skakdi by the name of Zaktan. Doused me with some nasty stuff called Antidermis." Absentmindedly, Skorm put his hand to his mask, where one of the stains were. "Twisted my mind. By the time I came to, I just wanted to... rip. Tear. Kill. Starting with my team. Tracked him to Ga-Koro, where he had met up with Kalyss and Vakua. They, with a few others, fought me off. I killed a Marine on my way in, nearly killed another on my way out."

Skorm scowled as he stood tall, adjusting his sword's strap on his shoulder, and putting down his hood. "Bit more to that story. Went down into Mangaia with a few others. Ran into rahkshi. The Abettor. He didn't take a liking to me, smashed me half to pieces. Met Zaktan again, he told me about Antidermis. From there I passed out for a while. Woke up after someone sympathetic dragged me to Po-Wahi. Met Stannis Maru, he healed me. Body and mind. Wanna make good on this second chance."

IC: Silo - Near Ga-Koro

"That sounds terrible!" I utter naively, my mind racing. I'd ask about the antidermis straight away, but I've gotta play my cards right here. Actually, perhaps I can gain some more information in a less suspicious way: "So...did the antidermis kinda...mind control you?" I ask, my face the picture of concerned shock. It's a shame...this toa would make a perfect weapon in the coming battle, if only I can find a good way of using him...

Kathok

The Toa of Fire almost fell over, having expected his sword to connect, before turning to face Sorox.
​"Good move."
​Suddenly, his free hand was aflame with his element. He lobbed a fireball at the Toa of Water.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Gotta think outside of the box...gotta do something unpredictable...
​Datrox glanced over at the glass of water.
I could...nah.
​He charged at Sorox, hoping inspiration would strike him.
​As long as "inspiration" wasn't his opponents
sword, that is.

Edited by Pat Lee

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Vaíl, Ga-Koro, unidentified bar/inn

Vaíl raised the drink to her lips and turned toward the combatants with mild interest. "You usually let your patrons swing their swords all over this place?" she asked the bartender, eyes still on the two Toa. At that moment the Ta-Toa had the brilliant idea of tossing a fireball at his opponent. She turned, raising an eyebrow. "Or do that?"

The bartender winced. "We're ... between bouncers at the moment."

Vaíl sighed. "Hey idiot, do your best not to burn this place down, all right?" she called out. "Trying to eat here." She turned back toward the bartender. "Speaking of which, any recommendations?"

"The fried ruki's a touch above mediocre."

"Sure."

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: Skorm looked at Silo with a hint of anger. "It wasn't mind control! Those decisions were mine and mine alone. The best I can describe it besides... a sensation of pure evil effusing every atom of your body is... I don't know, a sickness. For me the symptoms were lots of black fluid leaking from my face and turning into a psychopath."

The times, they are a-changing...

Vail's distracting shouting, combined with Datrox's proximity to Sorox, made the attack impossible to dodge. The water struck the Toa of Fire's face. It...stung, to say the least.
OW OW OW.
​He stumbled backwards, dropping his sword in the process.
​"Khh...what the...? How...?"

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

OOC: This has clearly escalated from simple brawl to full-on homicide. D:

Whoa whoa WHOA.
​Datrox backflipped into the air and activated his Huna, his previous stumbling having thankfully put him just far enough away from Sorox so he wouldn't have to crawl out of the bar. He knew all the luck, all the agility in the world, would not be able to save him for long, though. This guy meant business. Still cloaked by his mask power, and his face still stinging with pain, he ducked behind a nearby booth the moment his feet touched the ground again.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

Stupid me, I should have remembered he had a Huna.

Sorox barely caught himself from landing flat on his face. That's odd. Why didn't...

And there was the blade, lying on the ground. "Satisfying enough for me," He said picking up the blade and looking it over. "If I wanted you dead, you'd definitely be by now." He was about to stab the blade into the floor and let him retrieve it, but he remembered that the bar was probably filled with people who would love a blade like this. So he re-sheathed his own sword, and held it out by the flat. "You can retrieve your weapon."

You idiot. Like he's just gonna walk out and grab it. Where did you grow up, a Muak-
ZIP IT.

​"You can retrieve your weapon."
Datrox sat with his back against the booth. He could walk out, de-cloak, and get his sword, or he could take advantage of the lull to attack his opponent, and then get his weapon.
​He made his decision.
​Datrox got out from behind the booth, turned off his mask power, and began to walk over to Sorox.
If this goes sour, then screw it, I'm gonna kill 'im.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC Sorox

Forget trying to look non-threatening, you're wearing the Kr-

Will you stop.

Sorox carefully made sure to not have his hand on his hilt, as was his usual casual position. Well, what did I learn from this? That I'm an ego-tastic freak who likes to scare people?

LOL, living the dream, huh?

If I could kill my conscience I would.