BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Kaikino

Kaikino had opened his mouth to reject the job, but the odd being turned away and began walking. Kaikino smiled slightly and followed after. He wouldn't normally take up a job without pay but he could tell his being was going to be fun to follow. Why not take a few minutes to enjoy the scene, he told himself. "Following." was all Kaikino said when he fell in behind the purple being, a few yards back.

Kaikino had opened his mouth to reject the job, but the odd being turned away and began walking. Kaikino smiled slightly and followed after. He wouldn't normally take up a job without pay but he could tell his being was going to be fun to follow. Why not take a few minutes to enjoy the scene, he told himself. "Following." was all Kaikino said when he fell in behind the purple being, a few yards back.

IC: Serith

Serith leaned against a stone pillar outside of the Ga-koro gate, watching the crowd pass by in front of him. The Toa of Crystal was of average height, and his silver armor gleamed dimly as he rested in the shadows. 

He wasn't used to this much free time. For the last two months, he'd been wandering, roaming, and picking up mercenary work in various villages around the island. He'd arrived in Ga-wahi this morning, and decided that he would enjoy some down-time. It wasn't often that the Toa had time to relax, and he found this city more peaceful than most.

He reached his right arm behind his back, and tentatively gripped the hilt of the crystal sword sheathed on his back. It was a nervous habit he had, and his blue eyes gleamed from behind a silver Kakama as he watched the crowd pass by slowly. Suddenly, his eyes focused on a thin Toa clad in purple and black armor, who seemed to be attempting to move discreetly through the hoard of beings. 

"Now where are you going..." Serith thought to himself as he watched the being pass by. He felt that this being was dangerous, and something about him was drawing the Toa of Crystal's attention. It wasn't long until he spotted a Vortixx following behind, and his curiosity was instantly piked. He waited until both beings had passed by, and he emerged from the shadows, carefully following the group.

Edited by Shadow Destroyer
  • Upvote 1

shadow_destroyer_banner.jpg
Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

[North Ga-Koro, Ga-Koro Main Docks (Talli)]

Talli used the Silver’s telescope to spy on the toa and matoran who were approaching the sparkling crystal craft.

Edited by Mel

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

bLSFh.gif ylbon.gif KqsNO.gif zHdXI.gif CIPdo.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

IC: Soraya [The Great Takea]

She leaned forward and forced a smile at the bartender.  "I just got a talking-to from either someone made of freakin' magic or an extremely vivid hallucination of a lifetime of mommy issues, and regardless of which it was, I need something that's going to reset any higher brain function for the next minute.  Pour the drink."

IC (Rhow):

The Skakdi gave a hearty bellow in response, at the same time filling the requested drink with a surprisingly steady for somebody with shoulders shaking with laughter. 

"Magic, eh?" she finally rumbled between snorts. Oh sweet summer child. "Tell you what: On this rock, somebody showing up unannounced and flapping their lips about destiny as if the great spirit itself had its paw up their backside and made them do it is hardly up there on the scale of weird things.  If that's your worry now, wait until you see the rest of the island. I mean if you want weird, we got plenty. Far as I know most of the people who showed up here around the time I did have no clue how that happened and where they came from. Or how about the fact that the last Turaga to actually run this town got turned into some half beast during a battle with a horde of bugs and then got liquefied. Then there's Ta-Koro, one village over, where they're living in a volcano. Or the island that used to be just off the south tip of this one and got blown up and sunken to the bottom of the ocean. And I just got back from hunting worms piloting mechanical suits of armor that can easily take the head off of a Toa, no sweat."

She paused for a second, then grinned wickedly. "Karz, sometimes we even get strangers showing up in crystal boats."

The drink filled, she slid the glass across the bar, into the waiting hand of the Dasaka.

"Welcome to Mata-Nui, kid."

-----

IC (Ayiwah)

With Taz having voiced her opinion on their progress, Ayiwah decided it was time to move on with the business at hand, signalling her best friend to follow her as she turned to leave the cabin.

"Now, with Mako and Dakte off on their mission, I have a task for you as well. I think you will like it, too."

• Upvote 1

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

The Dashi's forced smile grew only wider.  "Excellent.  Great.  The record will show I was not even supposed to be on that boat, by the way.  Someone out there owes me some karmic big-time."  She took the proffered glass and took something that started as a drink and very quickly attempted to backpedal into a sip without much success.

For a few moments Soraya just sat there.

Then she held up the glass, not breaking eye-contact with the bartender as she did so.  "So. You can be honest with me. There's literally poison in this drink, isn't there. That's what you make it with."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC (Rhow - The Great Takea):

"Poison's bad for business. Makes people not come back." Rhow deadpanned back. She brought up the bottle in her hand, looking at it fondly. "Though we have mixed up our techy's lubricants with this on occasion...we should really start labeling those things."

"Anyway," she continued, putting the mysterious spirit back in its spot on the shelf, "you got on that boat somehow. Your shiny mates aren't looking for you, so stowaway is unlikely. Seems like a mess you stepped into with eyes open from over here."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: I woke up, coughing and gasping for air. I looked around, confused. "Where am i" I thought. I knew why i was there and I knew who I was, but the terrain was so..... different. I noticed a village off in the distance. "Maybe they can tell me where I am...." I said as I stood up and started walking over to the village

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

IC (Rhow - The Great Takea):

"Poison's bad for business. Makes people not come back." Rhow deadpanned back. She brought up the bottle in her hand, looking at it fondly. "Though we have mixed up our techy's lubricants with this on occasion...we should really start labeling those things."

"Anyway," she continued, putting the mysterious spirit back in its spot on the shelf, "you got on that boat somehow. Your shiny mates aren't looking for you, so stowaway is unlikely. Seems like a mess you stepped into with eyes open from over here."

She took another, extremely small sip of the drink.  This time it burned a bit less, but she wasn't entirely sure if that was a sign she was getting used to it or if it just meant she needed a mouth replacement.

"Hey, wasn't that simple.  I was supposed to be on and off that thing in ten minutes flat.  Worst came to worst I was gonna shove a letter under a door and book it."  She smiled a bitter smile.  "'Course, given how everything else that week went, guess it was to be expected the woman I went to chew out wasn't even there.  Then next thing I know we were diving, the admiral was telling me to get in line, and now here I am making somehow worse drinking decisions than I did back home."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC: Cyramar

Cyramar gave Viloz a smile and a nod, quietly taking the drink. Some people were discussing something about diving, smith stuff and the disadvantages of poison in drink. He didn't know much about any of those and was honestly too deep in thought to care all too much, giving little besides a short glance to his left, his eyes briefly locking onto Datrox when he spoke before returning to his drink. He was too busy piecing together his thoughts about his new surroundings, and what scant memories he so far had. Was it even a new surrounding? Or did he simply not remember it? Once more, no matter how hard he pressed to think back, before him waking up there was a black void, nothing there and no sign that anything ever was.

He took a sip.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC: Viloz

"Yeah, we've got Takea steak." Viloz replied, pointing to the midsection of the Ta-Toa's menu. "Comes with vegetables and your choice of side, so potatoes however you like 'em, salad, coleslaw or more veggies. That or you can get the surf and turf combo for extra, which replaces the side with Fusa steak."

He flipped through the menu himself.

"We have plenty of other fish and meat on selection if that doesn't interest you."

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"A trip back in time, if you got one" I replied with a sullen tone, still mulling over upcoming complications in my head.

"Commodore's got an assignment for us, you see" I continued, as if that somehow explained the sudden desire for time travel, "Soraph's been granted permission to go on her expedition with the native Menti look-alikes, on the condition that the two of us come along as well. She wants use the trip to gather recon on the Chaotic Six and check the terrain, but avoid any direct confrontation with hostile natives."

IC (Dakte)

The slightest hint of a frown creased Dakte's brow at the mention of Soraph. He had previously respected the high-ranking Vilda, but her recent eagerness to study those repulsive slug-creatures (Panakuta, was it? Paraluka? So many unfamiliar words to learn...) had put him somewhat on edge. There was also something odd about her friendliness with the natives with whom they would now be travelling, something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Still, this seemed like a sensible mission. Bringing the Six to justice was rightly a priority, but avoiding involvement with the natives' internal conflicts would be a wise move.

And it would satisfy the part of him that yearned to see more of this strange, dangerous, beautiful island.

"I see," he said, stoically suppressing both unease and excitement from his voice. "When do we set off?"

IC (Ayiwah)

With Taz having voiced her opinion on their progress, Ayiwah decided it was time to move on with the business at hand, signalling her best friend to follow her as she turned to leave the cabin.

"Now, with Mako and Dakte off on their mission, I have a task for you as well. I think you will like it, too."

IC (Tazera)

Taz cocked an eyebrow.

"Oh?" she replied. "It doesn't involve sampling the local drinks, does it? Swimming? Sparring? All of the above? No, wait, don't tell me...you've secretly got Vilda Kulrik locked in the brig and you want me to punch some sense into him?"

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Silo - Ga-Koro

I let the vortixx follow me metres back, while I can feel the invisible Skorm flying ahead. I'll brake the news to this mercenary once he's been payed. I've found that people tend to talk less when their mouths are stuffed with money...

I discreetly turn down a side alley, walking relatively casually the whole way. My heart's beating faster and faster...my prize is so close, but I can't get too reckless. Just very reckless will do.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

This being is....odd. Kaikino couldn't help shake the feeling that something bigger was happening here, but a job is a job, and money is money. Finish it, and get out. Fast.

Kaikino waited at the corner of the alley for a minute, before turning down it and following the purple-armored being. "What is he doing?" he muttered to himself.

This being is....odd. Kaikino couldn't help shake the feeling that something bigger was happening here, but a job is a job, and money is money. Finish it, and get out. Fast.

Kaikino waited at the corner of the alley for a minute, before turning down it and following the purple-armored being. "What is he doing?" he muttered to himself.

Serith slowed his pace as he saw the two beings turn into an alleyway. He knew something was definitely up with how suspicious this group was looking, and he strode forward confidently and turned the corner at a fast pace. He had planned to start a conversation with these two individuals, but one of his shoulder plates scraped against the wall as he turned, creating a loud screech. He stopped, and waited apprehensively to see if the two beings had noticed.

TheToa of Crystal took a deep breath, and crouched down, grabbing the hilt on his back as he did so.

Thank you to the Dark Beings Banner and Avatar Shop for the banner! Brickshelf Gallery  BZPRPG Profiles 

I'm walking down the street (or mini-street, I'd call it...not quite alleyway-sized, anyway), casual as you like, when I hear the unmistakable sound of metal. I whirl round instantaneously, knife in hand before I realise what I'm doing. I know, I know, it could have been some random pedestrian - in which case I would have just shown myself to be a criminal. But, honestly, my thought process was that a back street like this doesn't house that kind of person. No, I'm lying, I didn't really have a thought process.

Anyway, getting to the point, there's a toa drawing his weapon right in front of me, and I have no idea where my merc friend is. And no, that doesn't worry me because I don't think I can handle a pretty little toa on my own, it annoys me because I paid the guy to be close at hand. Or will pay him, at least. Probably. The more I look at this guy though (and I'm talking about a split-second long train of thought here), the more I'm starting to think that he isn't the white knight type o' toa I love to hate so much. For a start, he's sensibly armed, and seemingly without a silly "toa-tool".

And then I notice his Kakama, which is never good news. But, finally spelling it out for him, I've started to say, "Don't move or I'll crush you.", tapping my Matatu. Not a very poetic threat, I know, but it'll have to do. Now to business: "What do you want?" Again, so sorry for being blunt. Actually, I'm not. Never mind.

Kathok

IC: I was about to enter when I saw something suspicious out of the corner of my eye. It was a Vortixx following a strange purple armored being into an alleyway. I immediately turned around and started to follow as well.....

I walked up and noticed that there was another Toa, a Toa of Crystal. I proceeded to reach for my blades, waiting for this stranger to make his move...

Edited by Toa Azureus

Link to how Azi looks(UPDATED): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Hh1oWv0PcbLWVKdnpaT1hZeFk/view?usp=drivesdk

Also, because THEMESONG:

And then I notice his Kakama, which is never good news. But, finally spelling it out for him, I've started to say, "Don't move or I'll crush you.", tapping my Matatu. Not a very poetic threat, I know, but it'll have to do. Now to business: "What do you want?" Again, so sorry for being blunt. Actually, I'm not. Never mind.

For the first time, Serith noticed the other Toa's Matatu, the mask of Telekinesis. It was a powerful mask, and one that he had to remember to be wary of. For starters, he was happy to see that the purple being's reaction was more subdued than expected. A fight hadn't yet broke out, and everyone was still in one piece. The Toa of Crystal chuckled quietly, and stood up straight, drawing his crystal sword as he did so, but keeping his grip relaxed and his arm at his side.

Although the mysterious purple Toa could most likely handle himself in a fight, Serith wasn't exactly in the mood to find out. He cleared his throat, and spoke to the being in a confident tone. "My name's Serith. I'm new to this part of town."

When there was no immediate response, the Toa of Crystal grinned as he stepped forward closer and continued. "It looks like you're heading somewhere... urgent. Mind if I ask what you're doing?....And why that Vortixx over there is following you?

For the first time, Serith noticed the other Toa's Matatu, the mask of Telekinesis. It was a powerful mask, and one that he had to remember to be wary of. For starters, he was happy to see that the purple being's reaction was more subdued than expected. A fight hadn't yet broke out, and everyone was still in one piece. The Toa of Crystal chuckled quietly, and stood up straight, drawing his crystal sword as he did so, but keeping his grip relaxed and his arm at his side.

Although the mysterious purple Toa could most likely handle himself in a fight, Serith wasn't exactly in the mood to find out. He cleared his throat, and spoke to the being in a confident tone. "My name's Serith. I'm new to this part of town."

When there was no immediate response, the Toa of Crystal grinned as he stepped forward closer and continued. "It looks like you're heading somewhere... urgent. Mind if I ask what you're doing?....And why that Vortixx over there is following you?

My eyes darted around, analyzing the current situation. "Let's see..." i thought. "Three Toa, Two with Kakama's, One with a Matatu, and a Vortixx. I could use my Shocker Breaker, but it's too small of an area to use it in without electrocuting the other Toa or the Vortixx. However, an electro-kunai to the midsection should incapacitate him long enough to remove the Matatu. Welp, here goes nothing!" I quickly grabbed one of the small kunai-like lightning blades from my backpack, and threw it at the purple stranger. It was supposed to hit dead center, but instead it went out about an inch before falling to the ground faster than I did that one time I had a little too much Steltian Ale. I turned around to see another Toa, his purple and black armor an indicator that he was a Toa of Gravity. "Mind explaining who the Karz you guys are, and why there's a Vortixx following him?" I asked the Ba-Toa. Edited by Toa Azureus

Also, because THEMESONG:

OOC: Toa Azureus, in-character stuff is preceded by 'IC:'. Also, more importantly, the last two sentences of your post are what is considered 'bunnying', taking control over other characters. It is against the rules without explicit permission from the character's owner. You can have your character do things, but cannot dictate other player character's reactions. Again, not without explicit permission. In your case, Azureas would throw his kunai, and it's up to Silent King or another PC to deal with that. Speaking of which...

IC: This really fouled Skorm's mood. This did not look good. This couldn't devolve into a brawl; he at least wanted to explain himself to Casanuva, and by extension the Kalta before the Marines got involved. A small smirk worked its way onto Skorm's mask; he was still hidden with his Huna, and Silo was another Toa of Gravity. As long as he stuck to his powers, anyone would think Silo was the source.

He didn't have much time to gloat at his solution before one of the toa confronting Silo drew a throwing knife. As quickly as he could, Skorm increased the gravity in front of the Vo-Toa, causing the knife to arc into the ground well before it reached its intended target. Turning his attention back towards the two toa, Skorm prepared himself for if he needed to intervene again.

The times, they are a-changing...

Serith turned around and grinned when he noticed the newcomer's failed attack. He didn't know what this new Toa wanted, but there was a good chance that he was allied with some of the others, and that Serith had just been ambushed. The Toa of Crystal crouched down, readying his sword.

"You know," Serith spoke softly, with a hint of amusement, "there's better ways to greet people than by throwing weapons at them. Here, I'll show you."

Activating his Kakama, he sprang forward, slashing his crystal sword at the Vo-Toa.

Serith turned around and grinned when he noticed the newcomer's failed attack. He didn't know what this new Toa wanted, but there was a good chance that he was allied with some of the others, and that Serith had just been ambushed. The Toa of Crystal crouched down, readying his sword.

"You know," Serith spoke softly, with a hint of amusement, "there's better ways to greet people than by throwing weapons at them. Here, I'll show you."

Activating his Kakama, he sprang forward, slashing his crystal sword at the Vo-Toa.

IC: The Toa of Crystal leapt toward me trying to attack with his sword. The key word there being "tried". I blocked the slash with one of my swords, knocking the sword out of his hand. Quickly, I grabbed him with my right hand, sending an electric pulse up his arm, strong enough to incapacitate him, but not strong enough to cause any serious damage. The Toa keeled over from the pulse, his body still twitching from the electricity. "Your disarmed, and on the ground. If your enemy's slow, that means you have about half a second to live." I told the Toa, as I rifled through my backpack for a canister of Steltian Ale "Now, when the spasms wear off, your going to tell me who you are, and where the Karz I am, capiche?" Edited by Toa Azureus

Also, because THEMESONG:

OOC: Skorm is currently invisible from his Huna; it'd take some special senses to notice him.

IC: People are so quick to solve their problems with a weapon these days... Skorm thought as he focused his powers from the top of the hut he was on, shifting gravity to pull the two combatants to opposite sides of the street. I'm starting to wish Silo and I could slip away while these two settle their issues.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

The times, they are a-changing...

OOC: not to be 'that guy', but what's going on right now? I don't feel like reading 200+ pages.

IC: Kanonu (in her hut)

Kanonu slid down her sleeping mat and streched. She approached the table clustered with little cups filled with dry paint, fishing hooks, thin stone tablets, dirty dishes and some letters from her Onu-Matoran customers. She took cold leftovers from yesterday's dinner and looked at them blankly. These will have to do.

After breakfast she went to a small storage room right next to her hut, connected by a short corridor filled with rods and stings. Kanonu grabbed a medium size net, her trusty rod, a few hooks and went outside, ready to go fishing.

OOC: Just a fight in a random alleyway :P

also...wait for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

The Cy-Toa has advanced, drawing his blade. And then he just has to ask my business...who does this clown think he is? Does he take me for an fool? I've got news for you, mate, people like me don't usually give away their top secret missions to smarmy gits like you just because you asked nicely. And even if you dress like a merc, my knife won't be kind to you. Besides, no honour among thieves, right? Or in this case, no honour among hired killers...

I'm about to hiss some profanities at this imbicil, or perhaps just stab him, but then-- well, a lot of very violent things happen very quickly.

Luckily I'm used to that.

First, a knife flies out of the shadows towards my head. I'm about to stop it, but someone does it for me. Ah yes, Skorm - I'd forgotten about you in all of this. Despite the fact that you're the most important playing piece in this whole game of chess. I can feel from his gravity pulses that he's on top of a hut on one side of the alleyway (okay, I'm calling it an alleyway now). Then the crystal toa springs forward, past me, and into battle with my attacker - who I can now see is an Vo-Toa. Well, that doesn't end so well: "Serith", as he called himself, is deflected...but isn't out of the fight. And then Skorm starts pulling them apart and--

--Well, I can tell you that this whole time I've got a few thoughts running through my head. First off, I find it kinda funny. I mean, it's so spontaneous and seemingly pointless, who couldn't laugh? This isn't helped by the fact that I'm right in the middle of it, but I'm as yet unharmed. That's what I call amusing. And then there's the question of "Why?". It's true that I've made a lot of enemies in my time, which I'm very proud of. But here, in a back alley in Ga-Koro? I mean I'm not a one for honourable warfare, but still...seems a bit boring. And besides, I didn't recognize my attacker. Probably just as well - it means that when I have him cowering on the ground, I can pull the "I don't even remember who you are." line.

Unknown to me, I'm starting to think the same thing as Skorm: maybe we should just get out of here and leg it. But unlike him, I only consider it for a second, and then forget it. No, this way is a lot more interesting. And not only that, but in these few seconds, with battle all around me, I'm starting to formulate a Plan. Trust me, I won't get too carried away. I'm still going to improvise a bit. But here's the thing. I'm going to kill Casanuva, who's with the other members of his team. Now that doesn't sound like very fair odds, even if I do manage to execute my idea about Skorm. These mercenaries, if that's what they are, might be a pretty useful asset. Just a thought.

Alright, enough thinking.

I'm back to reality, and people are shouting and making other useless noise. "Keep it down." I mutter as I stab a protosteel knife towards my attacker's back with the speed of a flying disk and all the weight of a falling mountain.

OOC: That's Azureus  :) Also, a quick word about how you're RPing: you can't really say things like "knocking the sword out of his hand" or "I grabbed him with my right hand, sending an electric pulse up his arm" or "The Toa keeled over from the pulse". You can't do this because it's autohitting, meaning that you're effectively controlling Shadow Destroyer's character for him.

This is kinda unfair - you should leave it up to the other player to write what happens to their character, and only write what happens to your character (unless they other player has given you express permission). So instead, you should write your character attempting  to do something to their character.

For example "I tried to knock the sword out of his hand" or "I tried to grab him by the hand and send an electric pulse up his arm" or "this would make the toa keel over from the pulse". This way, Shadow Destroyer has time to write if the attack is successful or not.

Hope this helps :D

Kathok

OOC: thanks for the advice, I'll do a quick edit.

IC: Azureus

I was just about to take a swig, when I felt a knife enter my back. "Oh yeah, I forgot about the purple dude." I thought to myself. "You could have let me finish my drink, you know." I said dryly. "Besides, isn't a Toa supposed to spare there enemies?"

Also, because THEMESONG: