BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

• 3 weeks later...

IC Sorox

Finishing his meal, he tossed a widget onto the table as a tip, hoping Datrox actually paid the fee and they wouldn't get hunted down later.

"We need to be wary." He said as he walked out and approached Datrox, wiping food stuffs from his chin. "We have just as much chance as finding followers as finding Makuta worshippers."

IC: (Datrox)

He raised a finger as if to say, "wait a moment" before running back inside and placing some widgets on the table. He caught back up with Sorox.
​"...anyways, if the place we're heading to is any indicator, Makuta worshippers are pretty common. Look, with my charisma and your...stoicism, it shouldn't be hard to find more people like Patchwork here."

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Vezok's Friend, on 20 May 2016 - 12:00 AM, said:

"No, what I need you to do is not quite as much fun - though it might involve sampling the local drinks. But that's going to be up to you."

IC: [Ayiwah – Chisaii Ryuu Galley]

The two Menti stepped onto the galley, where they found the royal guards Ayiwah had summoned waiting, standing perfectly still at attention. She acknowledged them with a court nod, walking down the line of warriors, before coming to a stop in front of the group.

“Take your pick. Hanako has agreed to loan us some of her bodyguards. We have more than enough hands on deck to defend the ship with a few of them on a mission with you. I would like for you to go to Ko-Wahi. Scout out routes, gather intelligence…and look after the other group. Call it insurance. If they’re walking into trouble, you’re their backup.”

She gave Tazera an apologetic smile.

“Unfortunately, this will have to happen off the record. I don’t want to chance our enemies getting wind of this. Your thoughts?”

GSR, on 31 May 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

IC: Soraya [The Great Takea]

The Dashi snorted at that.  "Sure, they were gonna turn the boat around to deal with some random saihoko who stuck her nose where it didn't belong.  Nah, it was easier to put me on scrubbing duty for the next few weeks.  I'll give the admiral points for making use of her resources, I guess.

"As for what a Rora is - head honchess of the empire.  Course, our current one wasn't expecting to get the job for another decade, most likely, but..." She trailed off and took another, very cautious sip of her drink.  "Look, the whole situation's a mess, is all I'm saying."

IC: [Rhow – The Great Takea]

“I’ll drink to that.” Rhow replied, grinning broadly at Soraya.

“So tell me, kid. The Karz you guys doing out here anyway? Doubt you all just came here for rest and relaxation.”

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC Sorox

His face shows great strain upon the current situation. "If we march right into Ko now, we'll get slaughtered. But Ga is too peaceable to find anyone on the side of justice ready to take a stand. They'd rather sit and wait it out."

He turned to look at Datrox. "We should go somewhere that we can find rough-and-tough people to help us outnumber the odds. If what you say is true, Ko is a sleeping army. Literally everyone will jump to destroy us. If we want even a splinter of a chance, we're going to need an invasion force."

A loud noise far off caught his attention. A Skakdi was rambling about the prices of transportation these days, and a furious Po-Matoran was almost as loud arguing against him. It seemed about to come to blows when an official-looking individual broke up the ruckus and sent the Skakdi off. Sorox squinted at the names on the wood slab.

"...Po. We'll go to Po!" He whirled around in a very short-lived burst of energy. "There has to be hundreds of men for hire there, hungry for the riches of whatever those villains have laid up. What do you say?"

IC Sorox

He followed behind, feeling better as a follower for this situation, motioning for Cyramar to come as well.

The grouchy Po-Matoran was still behind the stall, his wounded pride only slightly recovered from the Skakdi's departure. This might be a problem...

Edited by Ghidora131

--IC: Viis--

Clatter.  The sound of another Kunai missing the target and sliding across the floor.

Viis sighed.  This was not going well.  Not well at all.  Though it was her first day practicing Unseen Fighting, she reasoned.  She couldn't expect to be good at it on her first day.

She drew what she thought was another Kunai and threw it.

Crash.  The sound of glass being broken.

That was a test tube, not another Kunai.

Viis stamped her foot in frustration.  For five hours, she had been practicing throwing Kunai, trying to hit a target.  She had only succeeded once, and that had barely stuck to the outer ring of the target.  She needed a break.  A loooong break.

Feeling the walls of her house, she groped her way to the door, opened it, and grabbed the sign she kept under the coat rack as she exited.  She held it up, revealing the slightly crude words written on it:

"Pls Guide Me To The Nearest Bar."

--OOC:--

Viis is officially Open For Interaction.  Won't someone please guide her to the nearest bar?

Viis is officially Open For Interaction.  Won't someone please guide her to the nearest bar?

OOC: I gotchu.

IC: Thel Gatker

Thel Gatker, humble bounty hunter, awoke to the waterfalls of Naho Bay. 

At first, his mind only registered their thunderous roar, a deep rumbling that echoed ceaselessly inside his cave. It was chaotic yet soothing at the same time, and evidently Thel had found it to be the perfect lullaby for an afternoon nap. He rose from a soft patch of moss, rubbed his eyes, then checked his watch. He'd slept for four hours, all the way into the evening. Longer than he'd intended to. There was still light out but it was getting darker, and the thick curtain of water concealing the cave's mouth made it difficult for anything to filter through.

I should eat something.

He ruffled inside his bag for food. Nothing. All he had was a handful of widgets- his very last to be exact. That meant one more meal before he starved for another couple of days.

"...####."

Thel groaned. That was the thing with bounty hunting: you made your living off the people you bagged, and if there wasn't anyone around, well, tough luck. Ever since Ko-Koro turned into a refuge for the island's scum, most bounties turned cold or pointed there, and he didn't have a death wish. There just wasn't enough cash in the business to keep him afloat anymore, though he wasn't about to sulk on an empty stomach. And so, he grabbed his bag, exited the Naho Falls cave, and headed for Ga-Koro.

If Thel wasn't going to eat for a while, he figured he might as well treat himself to something good. He'd never been but he heard this new joint, the Great Takea, was a Skakdi-run bar known for its exotic cuisine and strong drinks- exactly what he needed. As he followed the road, someone caught his eye- a blind woman, holding up a sign. Written on it were the words "Pls Guide Me To The Nearest Bar." He felt a little pity when people ignored the sign as they passed her by.

"Hey," Thel said, approaching the lady. "Need a hand?"

He hooked his hand around her arm in offer.

Viis felt an arm wrap around hers and a male voice say, "Hey.  Need a hand?"

"Yes, please," she replied, dropping her sign and letting the person guide her.

After a moment of silence, she said, "Hi.  I'm Viis.  What's your name?"

Sup, Wade.

IC: Thel Gatker

"Thel," he replied simply, pulling her along. He'd never imagined himself walking a blind person before, but if he did, he would have assumed they'd have a walking stick or something. Viis had nothing, which he found strange. Maybe she left it at home because it'd be useless to her drunk.

"This your way of picking up boys?" Thel joked.

"No, it's not my way of picking up boys," Viis jested back.  "Anyway, I don't need boys when I'm married to the job... Or, I was married to the job, until... Y'know."

"No, I wasn't a dentist.  Why is it that people who see me in my lab coat automatically assume that I'm a dentist?  Can they please stop?  I've been called a dentist too many times in my life."

After pausing from her little vent, Viis continued, "I used to be a scientist.  I studied the animals and plants here, and sometimes mixed chemicals from them together.  Word to the wise, Thel: don't combine Ruki pheromones with lily pad buoyancy compounds.  They don't go well together; in fact, they explode.  That's how I got this," she added, gesturing to her blindfold.

IC: Thel

Thel let her vent without uttering a word. He reminded himself that she was blind and probably had every right to be feeling a little snippy, even if he'd only meant it as a jest.

"I'll take your word for it, doc. Also, we're here," Thel said, pushing the door open. The bar had a rustic feel to it, almost like one of Ta-Koro's usual taverns, while still retaining some of Ga-Koro's tropical flair. Just as promised, only Skakdi manned the floor, a neat sight considering most of them tended to more brutish occupations. With a tug of his arm, he led them to a pair of empty stools by the bar.

"I'll have an old fashioned. And a menu."

The bartender nodded, then looked at Viis. His eyes drifted to the blindfold.

"And you, miss?"

Edited by Young Wade

IC: Natharius.

"That's true," he replied hesitantly, "Doesn't mean I want to rush into a situation that could end in injury or death." 

IC: Septima - Ga-Koro (Docks)

"From the sound of things, whatever was happening in there seems to be over now. I'm sure we'll be fine if we just knock on the door and see if the shopkeeper's alright...," the Fe-Toa said, raising her eyebrows slightly before innocently following up with, "Or we could simply cower in the presence of a few mighty splinters, go find some rooms to rent out, and spend the majority of the evening hiding under our beds while fending off spiders with a newspaper. Either way, I get to sleep on an actual bed tonight instead of the ground, so at least I have that to look forward to."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

"Coming right up," the bartender replied, getting started on their drinks. Meanwhile Thel perused the menu, and in less than a minute he had spotted at least ten different dishes he wanted to try. Takea steak, Fusa confit, Tarakava stew, it all sounded delicious. By the time he made up his mind, the bartender slid their drinks in front of them, followed by an order of the spicy Keras curry.

"Cheers, Viis." Thel held up his glass, then clinked it against hers before taking a sip. "So if you're not a scientist anymore, what do you do now?"

Viis sipped her hard cherry cola.  Ah, that was good stuff.

"Since I can't do science anymore," she told Thel, "I've decided to practice the Unseen Fighting.  It's a combat style for blind people.  I feel like I should still contribute something positive to society even though I can't do my old job anymore, and with the rumors I've been hearing about Ko-Koro's influx of brigands, I feel like combat training is a good way to make that contribution, y'know?  Keep the scum of the island in check."

Edited by capMARVELOUS

IC Sorox

He raised a finger in protest, but it did seem to make the most sense. Travelling on land would take days, and a boat would have the least amount of unexpected problems. "A boat it is, then."

Sorox walked towards the docks but suddenly stopped. "We have enough money......... Right?"

A blind person trying to fight. Thel didn't know what to say.

"You sure you want to go down that road?" he asked, obviously more puzzled than concerned. "Not trying to be rude or anything, but I don't know how well that's going to work out for you. There are plenty of other ways to contribute that are less..."

Likely to get her killed?

"...dangerous."

IC Sorox

Sorox gave him the most tried and tiring of glares. "Well..... This will prove interesting, at the very least."

He looked over Datrox's shoulder at Cyramar to make sure he was still keeping up. "We're going on a boat." He said. "If anyone asks about money... Figure something out to tell them."

Edited by Ghidora131

"Yes, I'm sure," Viis replied, a little snippier than she meant to.  "I can't just sit around my house and do nothing now that I can't see.  I want to do something with my life; something that I believe will positively impact the island.  before the accident, that was science; now, it's Unseen Fighting."  Her tone as she said these things revealed her determination to go through with her plans.

"Although... I'm still not entirely sure about it," she continued.

IC Sorox

As they approached the dock, a call of "Po-Koro!" came from a Vortixx who was calling up to one of the crew of a small cargo boat. Large amounts of laughter occurred, presumably from the Vortixx, resulting in several expletives from the crew and the Vortixx going about their way.

Sorox watched the Vortixx leave and looked at Datrox, a mischievous twinkle in his eye.

IC Sorox

"You'll learn a little from it too, I imagine."

As if by magic, Sorox shot off the ground and soared straight to the loading ramp of the boat. Of course, it was his mask, but even the crew seemed shocked when they noticed him. One of them, a particularly brutal-looking Skakdi with a crude cigar in his mouth, stomped up to the edge and growled angrily at the Toa. "Well? What the Karz do you want?! We've already got enough on our hands with our limited crew; we don't need you Karzing trash-walkers trying to 'check me papers' or whatever it is!" He snorted angrily, the smoke swirling out of his nostrils. He eyeballed Datrox and Cyramar standing a ways off.