BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC [Ayiwah - aboard Chiisai Ryuu]:

The commodore continued to watch the village of water, until a rather unconfortable rumbling in her stomach pulled her out of her musings. She took a deep breath, forcing her hunger down a little until she could grab a bite to eat. 

Her first instinct was to grab something from the galley. But at the same time, there was a wealth of culture here to explore, so instead, she headed back inside, only to emerge again onto the upper deck a few minutes later. 

Cloak flapping in the breeze behind her, she descended the gangplank and headed into the village, though not before sending out a message to the Dasaka in the vicinity via ideatalk:

:The commanding officer is ashore. XOTazera has the deck.:

She walked for a few minutes, wandering but not aimlessly so, until she spotted a hut with a sign advertising breakfast. She thought about seeing what alternatives there were, but her stomach insisted that this was the place.

Upon entering, she spotted some familiar figures out of the corner of her eye, but didn't announce her presence. Her uniform already did enough of that.

The Ga-Matoran server sized her up, unsure what to make of the ramrod straight figure in front of her. "So uh...what'll it be, uhm...captain?"

"It's Commodore, actually." Aya replied, strict but friendly. "And I'll have your breakfast menu, please."

"Can do, commandante!" the Matoran replied teasingly, while handing her a full, steaming cup. Apparently this was common Matoran behaviour as well. It explained a lot about Sinshi's new friend, Whitehot.  Speaking of which...

------

"Mind if I join you?" a figure asked, as Sinshi was reaching behind her.

[Rhow - the Great Takea]

"Wakes you right up." the Skakdi commented. Just as she finished, a server emerged from the kitched, carrying a plate with two Ruki fillets on a bed of vegetables, which he placed in front of Zelvin.

"Welp, dig in!" was all Rhow said.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC:

"No, no, I'm f-" Sinshi began, only to stop abruptly at the sound of the Commodore's voice. She turned her head as far as she could to both see the other Menti and give something approaching a respectful nod, before gesturing to the booth opposite her with the pot-holding-hand. "Not at all, Commodore. Please."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Asa - Great Takea

"... I need money. I want food."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After some time, Asa had finally bartered and sold enough "product" to  get enough "widgets" for one meal. She hoped that she wouldn't need some of those roots.

Stepping inside, she made a quick perusal of the menu.

​Walking up to the bar, she fidgeted with the Mata Nuian money she was soon to be parted with before making her order -

Actually, where was she supposed to order? Order at the bar, or talk to a server?

... Well.

IC [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro]:

"Wallahi to you too, Whitehot." Ayiwah replied, still a little courtly, before elegantly sliding into the booth.

"And how are you today?"

[Rhow - The Great Takea]

While Zelvin was busy with her meal, Rhow eyed the newcomer - another of these Dasaka fellows - expectantly. 

"Well, stranger?" she finally asked with a by definition toothy grin, breaking the silence. "What will it be?"

​IC: Asa

​Oh, there was the place to order.

And Zuto, did that lady have really big teeth.

Making sure she had enough widgets for the items she wished to buy, Asa approached the skakdi and placed her order.

"Going by the menu, uh... ruki fillet. With the vegetables. Any special sauces I should know about? And also a - actually, what is that made from?" She pointed to an item on the drink menu. "Some kind of brewed...?"

IC [Rhow - The Great Takea]:

"Madu." Rhow said. "Tastes just as explosive as the fruit. Our tinkerer almost blew the roof off of this place first time he tried brewing those. Anyway, no special sauce for the fillet, but we've got a few condiments."

She passed the new order of Ruki on to the kitchen via shouting, then focused back on her customer. 

"You're one of them Dasaka, right?" she asked. "Seen a few of you around. Don't recognize your face though."

IC: Asa

"Explosive. Well... Hit me with it anyway."

She was going to regret this later.

As what appeared to be the restaurant owner passed down the order, Asa was suddenly hit with a question about her heritage.

Eh? Was it that obvious?

She had hoped she could walk in, eat, and leave, but apparently she stuck out this much. Conversation was inevitable if one was part of the museum sideshow, she guessed.

"Er, yes. I am part of the group that traveled across the ocean from the Kentoku Islands."

IC:

Vakua heard Soraph (even with his ear protectors, it really was too early in the morning for this), but still he activated his Suletu. Filtering out his teammates, he felt out around the campsite and beyond. There were skittering insects, a few bird rahi, but not much this close to the treeline. And... there they were. Definitely Zueya, and one other sentient in the vicinity. Aelied glanced at him; Vakua nodded, holding up two fingers, before turning his focus back into the mental plane. This other one was actively guarding his thoughts. It felt familiar. Was it... Skorm? None of the telltale signs it was a Kalta, or whatever Skorm was now, after the antidermis. It definitely wasn't the same as when his Ba-Toa brother had attacked them. Delving as deeply as he could without notifying the person, Vakua detected... fear. Shame? And certainly some happiness. A very particular kind of satisfaction. The kind he normally picked up from Cas.

The brush rustled. Vakua hesitated a moment, but decided to take off his ear protectors. He might need his full sense of hearing soon. He deactivated his mask, letting the thoughts subside into the background.

Zueya emerged from the bushes. A slight look of confusion, tinged with a guarded impatience colored her mask. The Vo-Toa briefly looked between the group, everyone standing and looking at her. "What?"

Aelied coldly examined her as she walked forward and took back her staff from Casanuva. "Where were you? You weren't here when Soraph awoke."

"I was bathing. I woke up a bit early, so I decided to clean up before everyone else woke up and we headed into Ko-Wahi. Last chance for running water that isn't frozen runoff."

Casanuva frowned as he crossed his arms. "But the river is that way," he said. "And you left your staff." The Fa-Toa's accusation was met with a snort of derision. Vakua relaxed a bit, as he felt the ease slide back into his teammate's psyches.

"Yeah, attacking a toa of lightning in a river. I was so vulnerable, what was I thinking?"

Vakua started to smile slightly, but in his peripheral vision, he noticed a hanging vine moving of its own accord. Like a whip, it coiled and lashed out at empty air. Or what Vakua had thought was empty air, until the vine met something with a very audible smack. A short exclamation of pain, and something Vakua recognized: a Huna involuntarily deactivating. Skorm stood, clutching his mask in his hands. There was a sudden small rushing of air, and Aelied was behind him, his Kualsi glowing. With two rapid movements, the elder Bo-Toa kicked out Skorm's knee and grabbed him in an elbow lock. His other hand held his staff, the ends of which had animated into vines, dragging Skorm's arm into what Vakua recognized as a very painful upright position.

As everyone else was starting to react, Vakua's eyes met Zueya's as she turned. The look on her mask scarcely made his telepathy necessary; she knew about him. And now Vakua did too. He knew everything.

"Aelied, stop! He's not-"

"You skulking sonuva-"

Quieter, Vakua heard Skorm's struggling against the hold as Aelied tightened his grip. "Trying to ambush us in a jungle? Have you remembered nothing of what I taught you?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

Soraph stood wide-eyed and mouth open but not making a sound.

She looked over Casanuva. She recognized Skorm from Casanuva's (or rather, Merceon's?)memories, but when she'd felt Skorm's mind Soraph had sensed any hostility.

"I think we all need to calm down and start talking to each other...."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC:

"I am doing well, ma'am." The Umbraline Menti gave a slight bow, mostly at the neck due to the booth, once she had successfully extricated her arm from around Whitehot. Sinshi had set her own mug down once it was full and held the pot up questioningly.

"Coffee, ma'am?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Zelvin (Great Takea)

Zelvin was curious about the strange visitor from the moment she walked in. Her mask allowed her to casually eavesdrop on their conversation without giving herself away, and what she heard was very interesting indeed.

"Er, yes. I am part of the group that traveled across the ocean from the Kentoku Islands."

"Across the ocean" now there's something you don't hear everyday.

Oh but goodness gracious, can't forget about the food, either. The food was in fact delicious, and Zelvin was savoring every bite like it would be her very last. Which it could very well be, you never really know, do you?

"I must say, your culinary skills are impeccable, Rhow"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC:

"Waffle for your thoughts, Ayiwah? Hey, have you ever seen a dragon? These girls are making this ###### up, right? Sinshi told me that they were so big that they didn't even cook their prey, and that the only way you could escape it is by sleeping with someone right underneath its snout!"

-Tyler

Edited by April Schwarz

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro Inn]:

"Coffee, ma'am?"

"Thank you, Sinshi." Aya replied, taking the can from her to fill her cup, while Whitehot asked her questions about Kanohi dragons. The commodore's eyebrows arched up slightly in response, considering the Toa's words, studying her bewildered expression. After another quiet second, she answered:

"I have. And they are real enough to pose a danger to the Kentoku inhabitants, when they fly beyond the confines of Oki - our largest island. The last specimen I saw for myself was around 70 ft. in length, though there may very well be even bigger examples living in the wild. How many is difficult to say. Estimates speak of a relatively small population, but efforts to catalogue all of these Rahi calling the archipelago home have failed so far. For all their size and hunting prowess, they are rather elusive. Their main habitat is a volcanic lake emitting gasses too foul for anything but them to breathe, so getting close to them is a challenge in itself. Not to mention that it is also the area where they raise their young, of whom they are fiercly protective."

"As you can imagine, such creatures of legend are power incarnate - and they have always had an allure to the Dasaka. That the dragon is part of our clans symbology is no accident."

She indicated Sinshi and herself.

"In the distant past, Rora ordered expeditions into the dragon's territory to retrieve eggs or hatchlings; and bring them back to Sado for study and taming. They wanted to test the dragons' usefulness as beasts of war - the literal firepower and strength, combined with the ability to carry Menti and the sheer demoralizing psychological effect made it the dream of empresses of yore, to ride into battle astride one of the great sky-serpents. But all such expeditions ended in disaster of one sort or another. It has served our people as a historic example and lesson, that some things are simply beyond the control of the living - no matter their rank in society."

The explanation was calm, serious and 100% honest in its delivery.

"As for your latter question: I do not know whether or not your proposed strategy has ever been successfully employed," she added, still as professional as ever. "Mostly because none that have gotten that close to the snout have been known to survive such an encounter. Maybe that was merely Umbraline Sinshi asking you if you wanted her to give you a personal tour of the Chiisai Ryuu's  - that is 'little dragon' in our tongue - forward cabins. Though why she would not ask me permission first to bring a guest aboard is beyond me." 

"I will pass your compliments on to the chef." the Skakdi said to Zelvin. "Did teach him the recipe, though." she added, then turned back to the Dasaka. 

"You're not the first of your kind to come through this shack." she noted as she filled her the requested drink.

"So, what's your story?"

IC: Asa

"Really? Have the others come through here? I've... actually lost them, so I went looking and got lost..."

Asa averted her gaze awkwardly, but returned it when the next question came.

"My story? Well... I've been a pharmacist most of my life. There isn't much to speak of. It was a dead-end job, so when the call came out for volunteers to travel to this island, I jumped on board. Nothing interesting."

IC:

The Umbraline Menti coughed slightly, a sudden intake of air leading to coffee going down the wrong pipe. This didn't exactly help with her attempt at composure, especially when it was followed with a second cough, a deep breath, and a quiet clearing of her throat.

"No, no, that was quite literal. I think there was some miscommunication in terms of what Daijuno and I meant."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

"You aliens are pretty weird people," Whitehot mused as she sympathetically patted Sinshi on the back, the way the Menti had done for her when she had choked minutes prior. "So, Aya, recognize anything on the menu from home? Dai and Sinshi didn't, but since you're, like, chief poobah of all the sailing aliens--" eheheh, more like sail-iens "--maybe you'll see something you like!"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro]:

She raised an eyebrow at Sinshi. 

"I am sure that was the case." she said, though her expression made it clear there was still doubt. 

Then she focused back on Whitehot. The commodore took up the menu and studied it as if given a map of a battleplan. On the mental plane however, she asked Sinshi a question that kept gnawing at her:

:Chief Poobah?:

After a minute she lowered the menu again. "I can guess what some of these items are," she said, "but I'm afraid there is nothing that matches what I know one to one. Though it is not surprising - our homes are half a world apart." 

IC [Rhow]:

"Just a pharmacist?" the Skakdi asked Asa. "I thought you were a hand-picked crew? Can't imagine you came along just because. Must be a reason that commodore of yours picked ya."

Inwarldy, Zelvin approved of Rhow's hospitality as she finished her meal, swallowing the last big bite with savory relish. With the sunlight blinking through the window, the streets peaceful, and the inn being well suited to her tastes (savvy proprietor especially), she felt pretty satisfied with the day so far. She even dared to think it might keep up in that direction.

Still not finished with the lemonade, she grabbed the cup and got up from the table after grabbing her cloak. Her weapon remained in the corner, just mystifying the place up a bit.

"Please to meet you, Miss," she offered to Asa, "I hope you're finding the local hospitality to your liking"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Rhow shrugged. "You're welcome...I guess." she said. She didn't really know what else to say. She'd just called it like she saw it, not necessarily with the aim to make a compliment.

"In my experience it's a military thing. Same for mercs. No credit for just doing the job your expected to do. Doesn't mean it goes unnoticed."

​IC: Asa

​Nodding, she thought on the Skakdi's words. "No credit for doing just the job you're expected to." ... Was that not the way the entire Archipelago worked? One worked to maintain Order and preserve Honor, but Honor was not freely given. Only the most exceptional were seen as anything mroe than maintainers of Order; Honor was something to be hoarded lest it be lost, not gained.

A female Toa approached her; unconsciously, Asa's posture became more relaxed. Were she to be asked of this, she would be surprised.

"Thank you. And this village has been nothing but pleasant so far."

Zelvin nodded cordially, before turning to Rhow again. The visitor seemed content to keep to themselves for the moment, and Zelvin had no mind to infringe on how she wanted to spend her day. She just threw her an understanding gaze, and stepped away.

For a moment, Zelvin hesitated, quietly regarding the Ga-Skakdi as she adjusted her grip on the still-half-full lemonade cup. The sour beverage was being consumed in tiny, tiny sips, borne out of the Kru-Toa's desire to make it last.

"Your food tasted great, Rhow. So, what about my bill?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

She nodded in agreement. "Yeah. It's been quiet for a while now. Wasn't always the case."

She turned to address Zelvin. "Cheers! Bill's 20 Widgets. You heading out?"

[Ayiwah - Ga-Koro]

The waitress came back, this time with a plate loaded with breakfast that she placed in front of the commodore. Ayiwah thanked her and started to eat, savoring the unusual but pleasant tastes.

Pausing between bites, she asked Whitehot: "So tell me, have there been any news from Ko-Wahi?"

Edited by Vezok's Friend

"I might be," Zelvin replied as she produced the money for the bill and handed them to the Skakdi, "I have a couple of minor things I might get around to, but they're not severely pressing issues"

Zelvin gave Rhow a coy side glance, trying to appear otherwise inconspicuous.

"What about you?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

"What about me?" she shot back. 

"I got this nice place to run. Got a chair on the sundeck reserved for my behind too."

Rhow grinned. 

"Or are ya lookin' for a helping hand with stuff that borders on breaking bad?"

OOC: Almost wrote "of dubious legitimacy", then remembered Rhow doesn't talk like that. 

OOC: Sorry about the wait. My internship has been exhausting every part of me.

IC:

Skorm barely had time to react before Aelied gripped the visor-hole in his Huna and tore it away. The Bo-Toa stepped away, leaving Skorm to flounder for a moment. Before he had a chance to gather his wits, Skorm felt vines slithering around his ankles, and he swung upside-down, suspended by a pair of vines. He felt his sheathed saber get pulled off his shoulder; Casanuva, doubtlessly.

By the time his head stopped swimming, Skorm started to mentally catch up. Not the homecoming he wanted, but about the one he expected. And probably deserved. "Aelied, I know, all right? But you have no idea what's happened to me since I came to this island!"

The team leader was standing nonchalantly, examining Skorm's stained kanohi with a clinical look in his eyes. "Oh, I've heard bits and pieces. Attacking your former team, murdering innocents... All due to this antidermis infection."

Skorm's maskless face curled into a snarl, but he stopped himself, and calmed down. He lowered (or rather, in his position, he raised them) to his sides, and concentrated. He stopped dangling, his cloak no longer drifted downward. "That is correct, Aelied."

Zueya interjected, and loudly. "Can't you see he's cured? Whatever he was like before, it's gone now."

Skorm missed the next several moments of Zueya's impassioned argument, which Casanuva broke into. They would never take him back. He already knew this. His actions had doomed him. He would be alone. Zueya would be alone. He had been a fool to come back, to get her hopes up. Even after he was cured, all he could do was bring more misery-

That line of thought was cut off by a sharp, piercing whistle. Several bird rahi cleared the area, and even the insects were quiet. All eyes in the camp drifted to Vakua, who lowered his finders from his mouth and softly coughed. "I look," he signed. 

"Vakua, you don't have to do this, we can have Soraph-"

"No," Aelied commanded. "I may respect the outsider's abilities, but this is an internal matter. I need to trust my team. Vakua, you may proceed."

The De-Toa walked forward softly as Aelied stepped out of his way. Just before Aelied caught you, I saw flashes of what happened. I know. But I still have to do this.

It was unnerving to feel Vakua's presence in his mind again, after all this time. Skorm took a breath, half out of exhaustion and half trying to calm his nerves. He remembered Vakua's memory searches; it was very much different than relating an experience. He nodded. "All right. I'm ready." Vakua nodded in turn, and the De-Toa's mask glowed as he focused all of it's power on Skorm's mind.

Aelied watched with waning interest. He has seen this before; it wouldn't be long, relatively, but it still took several long moments to complete. He turned to their Dasaka guests. "If I may apologize, I'd ask for you to excuse this delay. We will be leaving for Ihu-Koro as soon as Skorm's story is... verified." The elder toa chuckled. "I'm sure this must seem quaint, like matoran banging together rocks for fire. But I can't take the risk. Doubly so when we are playing host to guests such as yourselves; if I let who I suspected was a violent psychopath travel with us, what kind of host would I be?" Aelied smiled, warmth in his mask.

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

.:I believe it is supposed to be some sort of slang or irreverent term for someone of high standing or influence.:. Sinshi explained as best she could, otherwise remaining quiet so the Commodore's question could be answered. She didn't understand much of the intricacies regarding the situation in this 'Ko-Koro', but the Commodore seemed more informed.

Perhaps she would learn by listening, so she seconded Ayiwah's question with an unspoken query in her eyes. She sipped her coffee as she did, but she expected the expression was still understandable.

.:What is the situation with this 'Ko-Wahi'?:.

fK5oqYf.jpg

"What about me?" she shot back. 

"I got this nice place to run. Got a chair on the sundeck reserved for my behind too."

Rhow grinned. 

"Or are ya lookin' for a helping hand with stuff that borders on breaking bad?"

OOC: Almost wrote "of dubious legitimacy", then remembered Rhow doesn't talk like that. 

OOC: Fortunately, Zelvin does

"Breaking bad, breaking records, breaking legs" Zelvin replied vaugely as she willed her weapon to her from across the room.

Her hand disappeared within her cloak, and remerged with a frumpled note pinched between thumb and index finger. Her cloak seemed to have a life of her own as it swayed when she turned around to face Rhow properly.

"I came here in part because I'm trailing someone," Zelvin explained as she handed the note to Rhow, "someone who's in the unfortunate position of knowing too much."

The wanted poster that the note turned out to be, revealed a shifty-looking Le-Matoran, wearing a Noble Matatu and standing a little further off the ground than the average Matoran.

"Sanctum Guard bounty, actually," Zelvin remarked, "so I don't know how to actually cash in on it, given their... absence, but that's not why I'm in this anyway"

"Somebody else more unsavory is probably going to come after him, cut off the loose end. I want to grab it and see what it untangles."

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

OCC: Dang, you go "I'll reply tomorrow once" and suddenly it's another two weeks past. Yikes!

IC [Ayiwah - Ga-Koro]:

The commodore was still trying to process Whitehot's slang when Sinshi asked her question. She put trying to deduce the origin of the word 'poobah' off for later. 

.:What is the situation with this 'Ko-Wahi'?:.

:It has been conquered by a group loyal to the evil deity of this island - Makuta. Most of them, anyway. The rest are mercenaries and other assorted scum. Accodring to the Akiri they've taken villagers hostage and are threatening their execution at the first sign of an attempt to retake the Koro.:

She paused for a second. 

:Normally this wouldn't be our problem - I want to avoid the Dasaka getting tangled up in a civil war here at all costs. But the six have allied with these Makuta followers. Which does in fact make this partially our problem.:

The Skakdi eyed Zelvin with narrow eyes for a few seconds. Then she harrumphed.

"Aight, fair enough." she finally said. "I'll help you and you get your untangling. So what do I get?"

Zelvin was nice a enough. But a merc's a merc is a merc. 

--IC: Viis--

There had been no response from the Akiri's hut for what seemed like hours.  Disappointment spread across Viis' face.

"Nobody's home..." she mumbled.  She sat down on the doorstep and held her head in her hands.  Her chances of coming across an Arthron seemed to have dwindled to nothing.

Tears began to leak out from under her blindfold.

--OOC:--

It's about time I got Viis up and running again.  Good thing I remembered where I left her.

Invisible Noob, you still here with your gal?

Edited by capMARVELOUS

OOC: Yeah I'm here, let's get this plot-line started again.

IC: Tira

My heart sank at Viis's tears, still there was not much I could do. I hadn't known her for long but I didn't like seeing anybody upset.

"It's okay, we can come back tomorrow, or try the other Koro's ... but for now why don't we go to a bar?"

Edited by The Invisible Noob

--IC: Viis--

Viis sniffled, then wiped away her tears.  "Yeah," she said, "a bar would be nice.  I can drown my feelings in alcohol."

She stood up, dusting off the seat of her lab coat.  "Lead the way, Tira."