BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

OOC: 1000th. :P

IC(Ignitus(on board the Inika)):

I nod again. "Then into the sea he goes. But first..."

I walk over to Gravus' body, staring into the dead eyes of my last link to Torren. I remove the black Kualsi from his face, covered in small scratches from hundreds of battles.

No. Not my last link to Torren. I remember what Oriak said.

Do you know what you are? Can you're oh-so-righteous conscience bear the weight of the lives you've taken? The men you've killed in cold blood?

I was - and possibly still am - a monster, nearly as vicious as the one I just executed.

No.

Ausar is a monster. I am Ignitus, not Ausar. I rule myself, not the savage I once was.

I am mine.

And Ausar is gone.

"We'll wait to bury him when the sun rises," I say, turning to the crew. "That'll put some distance between us and Oriak's corpse."

:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC: Zarok

The rolling body and head only slightly disturbed Zarok. Only slightly. And, as soon as Lai Lai mentioned fish food...

"When can we get some food, anyways? I'm starved. I would hope that we would bury Gravus first..."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Liano

So that's what he was up to. Not a ruse, but a distraction. If Liano couldn't line up a proper shot, then there was nothing to be afraid of, simple as that. The bolts fired weren't lethal, though it was enough to get his reflexes kicking, even with the plan all figured out.

In a repetition of what just occurred, he evaded by sidestepping, except he didn't take aim this time. What really he saw mystified him completely, and he wasn't quite sure what to make of it. The sonics user sat on the ground, getting all friendly with Vail as they exchanged casual conversation.

Strange. A few moments ago, he swore they were trying to kill each other. As if reading Liano's mind, the one he'd been fighting all along inquired on the subject, so he stood there, silently listening.

IC:

"Can't say I have." Vail replied, obvious disappointment on his features. His attention was abruptly diverted towards the Toa of Electricity, who was slowly inching towards them with blood leaking from a large gash across his chest.

That must hurt.

Vail's tongue flickered out to moisten his lips, then disappeared.

These guys are simple travelers and don't mean any harm. No feasting off of their wounds.

Plus, it was still fairly light out.

"So which one of you is Kadon and which is Drome?" Vail asked the De-Toa, already standing up to help support the Toa of Electricity.

Liano was taking aim with another arrow. Vail positioned himself so the Toa of Electricity could lean on him easily.

He held up a single crimson palm in the pair's defense and called out to his comrade.

"Liano, save your arrows. These two aren't our enemies."

IC: Kadon

Oh, thank the Great Spirit. That was a close call- too close. Gratefully, I leaned on Vail and took a deep breath. I felt drained, both mentally and physically, but this was no time to just go and take a nap. "I'm Kadon, and that great big spiky lump over there is Drome. I, um, suppose we owe you an explanation."

My eyes flicked down to the increasingly painful wound on my chest, and I added, "Though I'd really appreciate it if we did something about the bleeding first."

IC:

He made no announcement of his presence as he entered the living room. It was seldom that Nika Draen did so, though for what motives, no one could be sure.

The Vortixx was a veritable statue of smoke and alabaster; his muscles were still as those of a corpse, the only sign of life coming in the form of the occasional blink of an eyelid, and the slow pulsating glow of the cigarette hanging from his mouth. His dull green eyes drifted across the room, never lingering on one detail for any great length of time; not even on the newcomer in his midst.

Slowly, robotically, Nika removed the cigarette from his mouth.

"Jin," he said. His head shifted to one side slightly to face Polzin, and he added, "Employer."

He replaced the cigarette, and was still once again.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Voulge

Voulge rolled his eyes as he was blatantly ignored so instead he continued watching from the rooftop of a nearby building.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC:

"Oh, of course." Vail replied, though he didn't trust himself to do the job on his own. He continued to support Kadon even though he was a bit out of sorts himself.

He had heard Voulge's voice chime in a few moments before from somewhere above their heads.

"Hey Papa Ussal, mind coming down here and sealing up this guy's cut? Looks like Barthel's still out, and we need some direct pressure to stop the bleeding. I was thinking you could slap a sheet of protosteel on there for now, at least until he finds some sufficient medical attention."

The truth was he didn't want to place his hand anywhere near the blood. The mere scent of it was hard enough to ignore as it was. Unfortunately no one in the area seemed to be medically trained, and as far as he knew no one was wearing a Kanohi Sana. He could only hope this plan would work for the time being.

"I'm Agravail, by the way, Agravail Endemeron." he introduced himself to both Kadon and Drome. "But please, call me Vail." he added. He started to reach out his hand to shake with both of them, but thought better of it. Now wasn't really a good time.

Edited by Requiem

Voulge sighed as he deactivated his mask and jumped off the building landing with one hand against the ground.

"Really I should let them bleed out because of how stupid this whole fight sounded. But yeah I can tend to that."

And with he approached the indicated person and looked them dead on

"Do i have permission to treat your wounds?"

The tiny ussal that had been in his satchel now crawled back up on his head and observed the world around.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Kadon

I considered saying Nice to meet you, Vail, but that seemed rather.... odd so soon after zapping him with a pretty significant amount of electricity. Instead, I nodded. Vail certainly seemed to be a nice guy- not many people would be so willing to help someone who'd more-or-less been trying to kill them a few minutes ago. Then again, I wasn't in any sort of shape to do much damage by the time the fight had drawn to a close, so there wasn't much risk involved.

'Papa Ussal,' on the other hand, seemed like someone who was going to be harder to get along with. Had I been at 100%, I probably would have come up with something clever to say about him letting us bleed out, but at this point I was more concerned with getting some sort of medical attention. "Go ahead."

Then I noticed the tiny ussal that had somehow worked its way up onto his head. That explained the nickname. Deciding to ask later, I instead said, "You probably want to find out how this all got started, right?"

Voulge shook his head gently

"Nope.. i don't care one bit how it got started.. However i heard how it started from you two overtalking.

However he bent down and began to examine the wounds and used his element to cover the wounds.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

IC Jarkale and Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean, The Inika):

Lai Lai was in no position to think about food, but Jarkale turned at Zarok's question. "We have a healthy stock of berries, vegetables, bottled fruit, dried meat, bread and other food under the deck", he said. "But we can also fish. I brought a bunch of fishing rods and lots of bait. Lai Lai will be of great help to us in that activity, I hope."

Lai Lai nodded, though she was still mourning over Gravus' death. Even though she had not even known him well, she still felt an emotional connection with innocent beings who were killed for a lost cause.

IC

I was just draining my second glass of lemonade when another Vortixx waltzed in. Silent as a corpse, but he was more or less alive: every few seconds, the tip of his cigarette would light up as he breathed. Attention to detail, see?

He took a seat, pulled out his deathstick, and said two words. Names, actually. Mine and Polzin's. I gotta admit, I was flattered. Sure I'm one of the best mercs on the island, and there's only a handful of gals good looking enough to be mistaken for me, but I'd been out of the game for awhile. Lying low, doing quiet work.

The tide pressed against my brain, so I dragged myself back to the present. Didn't want to drown again.

"Guilty as charged," I replied. "And you must be compensating for something. Good try, but I've seen more intimidating glasses of bourbon."

I glanced at Polzin. "Am I working with Tall, Dark and Creepy? I can tell we won't get along."

• Upvote 1

IC: Pae - Ga-Wahi

He deactivated his Kakama at the edge of the treeline, the blurs that the mask of speed provided slowing to a halt, giving the Toa of Iron a much clearer image of the surrounding area, including the mansion in question. Pae had a single directive implanted into his mind. He eyed the area with quick deep green eyes.

I lived in a world where lives are lost to dimes and honor, where the lifespan of a single employee or employer is often tied to a diligence. The professions of politicians really rest not in the power of money or the strength of connections, but with how the resources they reap are used and divided amongst themselves; safety. Their practice is not of people, but pertinacity and the prowess of self-interested action. I live in a world where I will perish if I am not efficient enough. That includes taking direct care of one's self.

gods don't practice it enough; But I do.

So I will answer her call. I will take up her offer, but not to bargain or barter. But to set her off of me.

Pae had no interest in joining Vera Polzin. He was there to get information from her. Next to nobody knew of him or his skills, and if she had managed to find not only who he was, but where he was staying in Ta-Koro there was a serious problem. He had been quiet, he had been quick. He had been perfect. There were little to no equals in his world, and even fewer greaters. Pae could only name one that he considered to be greater. They were far from his mind right now. They had to be. It had been hard on his mind, and when things were hard on Pae's mind, he didn't exactly operate at the highest potential level he could.

His footsteps were silent as he entered the building. The ghosts of the sounds resting before they could haunt the walls of the beach house. Unfortunately, he wasn't on his own turf. He was invited. It nulled many of the advantages Pae was boasted with. For all he knew he was walking into a trap.

Luckily for him, Pae didn't play nice with traps.

His fingers kissed the handles of the protosteel hammers that he had been gifted while working with members of Makuta's army. With these hammers he had an option to lay out for Vera Polzin.

The Toa of Iron stepped into the living room, checking the contents of the walls before making his presence known. As if a silent spirit had managed to bring itself to a physical form where it stood before, he stopped, the Toa with the mask of vision having clearly spotted him before he had managed to take his position in the room. His thick smooth voice sliced through the air, cutting oxygen into a million pieces as he spoke, "Vera Polzin," She looked to him expectantly.

"Who referred you to me." There was only one correct answer. Any other name and the protosteel gifts would do well to burrow thick holes into her skull before her accomplices in the room could even blink.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

When dawn comes, I turn to the gathered crew.

Behind me is Gravus' body, wrapped in a flag bearing the symbol of the Three Virtues.

"Anyone got any final words?"

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

IC (Endless Ocean):

"Actually, yes I do."

Tuarn cleared his throat,

"Although I only knew him for a very short time, Gravus was as good a Toa and as good a friend as I have ever met. He had his faults, as we all do, but he sought to overcome them. I do not know much of his past, other than that he was a mapmaker and a soldier. May he rest in peace."

Tuarn then stood sadly for a moment and backed away.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC: Liano

Unreal. A fight to the death turned silly near the very end. Liano couldn't help but find the endgame to their dilemma completely absurd. There Voulge was, healing the enemy while Vail decided to hit it off with the other thug after they finally realized how foolish it all was, while moments ago, they'd all been trying to kill one another. Ridiculous. So much that it was almost disappointing.

Morons. All of them. He was surrounded by morons.

With no more reason to fight, he slid the arrow back into its quiver, along with his bow back into place. The young man strode away in anger, fuming with frustration, a stony expression on his face. Liano wouldn't be part of it any longer. No way in Karz he'd endure any more of this nonsense. The Toa of electricity should be dead. He could have shot him where he stood, and he would have if it wasn't for the way things turned out.

But he didn't. It wasn't worth his time; he was better than that. Right?

He didn't know. He remembered the passionate bloodlust which possessed him moments ago, the blood of a killer flowing in his veins, his terrifying capacity for murder. Most would find it frightening. Deep down inside, he realized that he, Liano, was a monster.

But he didn't care.

Huh.

Funny. Why was that so funny? It should have bothered him. Right?

Maybe not. His reasons were justifiable. Attacking those goons was perfectly rational. In fact, they deserved the beating they got. Even then, what did it really matter?

With that thought, he put the subject behind him. None of it mattered.

It was all so foolish.

OOC: Korero and Jaa from Ko-Wahi

IC (Korero)

Far away from Ga-Koro, on a small islet in the middle of Naho Bay, there was a flash of white and two figures appeared on the golden sands of the isle's beach.

Korero looked out across the idyllic blue-green waters, warding off the glare with one hand, to where the Village of Water twinkled in the distance; a leafier green above the turquoise of the bay. The waves lapped gently over the sun-warmed sands, pushing white foam towards their feet.

" - and here we are," he said to the Ko-Matoran who stood beside him.

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Ooc: A jam.

Ic:

"Yeaaaaaahhhh!" Jaa shouted as soon as he felt the soft sandy beach under his feet. The wiry little scholar exuded enthusiasm and he collapsed on his knees and raised his hands up as if praising the heavens and let the warm grains tantalize his senses. "That. Was. Amazing. This is amazing. This must be what being a toa is like. Oh my god, yes. Thank you."

He flattened himself out on the beach and just laid there for a few seconds before flopping like a landed fish and clumsily stumbling for the water, wasting no time in getting himself wet and sloshed about in the shallows, utterly enthralled by the thrill of warm water. Some people thought Ko-Matoran enjoyed the cold, but as it happened they were just very used to it. Some, like Jaa, actually liked the warmth.

His energy remained high when he eventually left the water and sat on a little bank, still keeping his feet in the waves that lapped his ankles. "Come sit with me. Let's see what I can help you with now."

Korero chuckled a little at Jaa's antics. He remembered his first visit to Naho Bay as a Matoran, and as he recalled his reaction had been rather similar. Water that wasn't in the form of a frozen slab was quite a novelty to the average Ko-Matoran.

He joined the Scribe, seating himself on the bank next to him, feet sinking a little into the swash-damped sand.

"I believe I was asking you your opinions of Ko-Koro's elite," he remarked dryly.

"Indeed you were," Jaa said. "Let's see, we're talking about Ambages and Korzaa... Anyone else or just those two?"

"Our late Matoro as well," Korero added with an apologetic smile. "I know it's painful, but...you know how it is. I have to ask. Not that I suspect anything of him, of course; but your personal opinion could be helpful. I'm told you were closer to him than anyone, save perhaps Ambages."

"Sure," Jaa said quietly, Korero's request tapping on a nerve.

He gathered his breath before he started. "I think Korzaa's a good soldier, but she's beein getting pretty casual, way too casual for a captain of the guard. Turaga Nuju appointed her as captain a few years back and she did it well, but, well, you know how much things changed since then. Like I said, she's good, but it's like her methods haven't adapted for the new world we're in and as a result we've lost a turaga and an akiri. Ko-Koro's leaders drop like flies and Korzaa chalks it up to external elements and sneaky assassins while the Sanctum Guard and Ko-Koro Army enlists mercs and just watches from parapets until it's too late. We're not built for cold wars and assassinations and Korzaa. Isn't. Helping! She's an alright person -- hard to get along with, but aren't we all? hehe -- and I'd trust her in a battle but she's a horrible administrator. It's cost us too much."

Korero nodded slowly, absorbing the words and filing them away in memory. Korzaa's a warrior in peacetime; Jaa at least partially blames her administration for the deaths of Nuju and Matoro. Interesting.

But not the subject he itched for information on.

"And Ambages?"

"Hoo boy."

Korero's eyebrows jumped up ever so slightly in anticipation.

"When Nuju still lived, Matoro was his right hand man and I was his left. We worked together on a lot of things. When he died it was almost unanimous that Matoro would take his place as leader, but I expected to also rise and be Matoro's primary counselor and assistant. When he named Ambages as his 'Hand,' I... I didn't really understand. Those two men hadn't known each other very well, as far as i knew, and didn't even talk until a few months earlier. It wasn't until later that Matoro finally told me what he had done: It was pure politics.

"Matoro was an empiricist, did you know that?" he asked.

Korero shook his head, smiling sadly.

"I wish I'd had the chance to know him better."

This revelation - that Ambages and Matoro's relationship had in fact been far less personal than he'd though - could be a piece of the key to unlocking the truth. Perhaps Matoro had followed that old adage of keep your enemies closer...

"Yeah. Matoro was firmly set on making Ko-Koro the epicenter of culture on Mata Nui, the cruz of civilization and the crown of the island. Matoro was savvy enough to understand that there was a loooot of wealth in the city and patrons who would be willing to help and invest in his policies. Ambages has always been seen as the naturalized expat with a loyalty to the city, so Matoro chose him to be his main man because of the connections Ambages represented. It was pure politics. Furthermore, Matoro owed Ambages for an unlawful breakin that happened a year ago when the ILF entered the architect's apartment in search of clues. They thought he was behind Pala-Koro's destruction. They turned up empty handed and Matoro never forgot his part in that debacle.

"Having Ambages help him was a way for Matoro to repay the man and make amends. And I can't say it wasn't a wise choice."

He fiddled with his thumbs. "You see... Ambages is a capable administrator and a very good politician, though I don't think he likes doing it. He's always been loyal to Matoro's policies and helped them at every step, so I think he believed in them even though the two guys weren't the best of freinds, per say. I didn't feel right when i was skipped over for line of succession but it was a very good pick for the preservation of stability and policy. "

Korero nodded again as he listened. To be honest, to hear Jaa speak, he felt more suspicious of Matoro himself than of Ambages. All this talk of making Ko-Koro the capital of Mata Nui, it made a part of him sick. An Akiri should strive for unity with his fellow villages, to help the whole island prosper together, not hold ambitions of rising above all others. Kongu, he was sure, did not entertain such thoughts.

And as for the architect... Korero sighed. Perhaps he was looking for intrigue where there was none. It would seem he hadn't been the first. Jaa seemed to hold Ambages in quite high esteem with nary a hint of caution. But Jaller and Kongu's suspicions had seemed so well-founded, and the no-show on the Ruhaku was strange indeed. It was hard to know what to think.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't reply to Jaa for a good few seconds, staring unseeingly at the water's edge.

"Thank you, Jaa," he said at last. "I think I've heard all I need. And I don't think I said... I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks, and no problem," Jaa purred. "Matoro was a friend and probably the best man and leader I've ever known. 'Peace through Willpower,' that was his motto, and he lived every bit of it. I only wish he could live to see his vision come to reality. He always imagined this island would be made better if it was unified under one banner, and he saw Ko-Koro in a perfect place to make that rallying cry."

Korero placed a hand on the Scribe's shoulder frankly.

"Shall we go back now?"

"One second," Jaa said, holding a finger up to pause the moment. "If you want my opinion, I don't think anyone in Ko-Koro was behind Matoro's death. Ambages had the most to immediately gain but he's too transparent, and Korzaa may seem suspicious but she hates politics, which is all we have so far. Whoever had Matoro killed isn't from the Mountain."

He nodded. "Let's go now," though he was less than enthusiastic about getting back in the cold palace.

Ooc: Jaa and Korero to Ko-Wahi.

• Upvote 1

IC: Potas - Endless Ocean

From the masts he heard the eulogy of Gravus. He felt saddened by the death of someone, but one the first day of voyage? It didn't make since to him.

"I really didn't know the guy at all, but he seemed like a great Toa. What he was before I don't know, I probably will never know..." he took a deep breath and exhaled. "But if he were still with us, I'm pretty sure he would have been a great mate."

He then stood up and took out his staff, blade down on the wood. He then raised his right hand, and gave a salute.

"May Mata Nui watch over us, and tend to the spirit of our fallen comrade."

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

IC: Zarok

This time, Zarok was fully awake when he saw the body of Gravus. And this time, he truly felt the impact of having someone die on the ship.

He stood there, still as rock, and didn't say a word. The concept of death was...unsettling.

Once Potas spoke, Zarok whispered, "May he rest in peace. I hardly knew him."

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC:

"A walk?" I repeated, my words barely a mumble. "Well, I suppose that's no bad idea, Captain..."

With that said, I leapt to my feet, a few drops of bourbon from my glass catching air like soaring eagles before splattering back down onto the table. The tumbler itself soon followed suit, tumbling -- yeah, I went there -- down to the floor with a flick of my wrist.

"Indeed, that seems like a wonderful idea," I proclaimed, swinging an arm around Lohkar's shoulders with the sort of amiability only seen in drunkards and professional Kolhii players. "Might's well join you, then, Captain. Make sure you stay outta trouble long enough to make it back to the 'Vika ... Whaddaya say?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

I nod.

"Gravus was a soldier before all else. I may never fully remember our days spent on Torren, but I know that he would rather have died free from tyranny than lived forever in subjugation. He wanted little more than his freedom, and he got it, if only for a short time. May Mata Nui rest his soul, and may he watch over our voyage from Artahka."

We carry his body over the rail and drop it into the sea.

"Vale," I say as I watch the flag and the body sink into the ocean.

IC:

"Well, I'm sure not taking a walk in here," I said, rolling my eyes. "We'd do like, two laps around the whole restaurant before the owners wised up and punted us outta here like they did the health inspector--"

I caught sight of those aforementioned owners, big burly Skakdi, giving me and my ill-considered comments the evil eye, I was definitely certain that a walk outside would be a very good idea. Without another second lost, I bolted for the doorway, hoping that I could get into an open area before the swords and spears started a-flying.

"C'mon, Captain," I called behind me, "Walks wait for no man!"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC (Lohkar)

Lohkar gave the Skakdi a grin as Gunner made himself scarce.

"Don't mind him," he said. "S'a compliment, really, comin' from Gunner - squalor makes 'im feel at home."

He slipped out of the door, soon catching up to his inebriated First Mate. The Lesterin sauntered up alongside the somewhat unsteady Toa.

"Well then, matey - what say you to a nice romantic stroll by the water's edge?"

Edited by GhosthandsOfChristmasPast

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Voulge stood up from bending over the toa and looked him over

"There.. your wounds should stop bleeding now but i would suggest getting to a hospital as soon as you can."

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I glance over at Gravus' Kualsi, next to his now-dried blood, and suddenly I have an idea.

Without a word, I run belowdecks to grab a hammer and nails. After a few minutes of precarious work, I have the mask nailed securly to the front of the Inika as our new figurehead.

IC:

"Woah.....hey! Wait......wait up! I'm no man!"

Barely awake from whatever had happened previously, It was a struggle to even push herself off the table. Groggy and confused, it took too long to cover the distance between the door and the chair.

When the opened it, nothing greeted her but the small sea breeze as it entered the bar.

There was a pause as she looked around for any signs of the captain, but nothing greeted her.

"Oh......woooooow."

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC: (Vera Polzin)

"Kino Iho. When I set about finding all of you, I had to dip into my sizable funds, do some digging. I was able to talk with your friend for a short time, she was unaware that you where so close. She told me to send you her way when I found you. She didn't know where to look, I, myself was surprised when you happened to be so close." Vera replied, her voice cold as ice. Vera took in everything, they way he stood, Nika's occasional puffs of his cigarette, Jin's posture as she sat in the chair, eating Vera's food and drinking Vera's beverages. Her guests of course were welcome to her food and drinks and she kept her eyes on Pae. "I don't recommend you threaten any future employers after me, not many people on this island will give you the benefit of a second chance." Her voice remained, flat, even, emotionless as she regarded Pae. Then she turned to Nika, finally responding to Jin's comment.

"This is Nika, about a month ago he tried to blow one of my warehouses. My people managed to foil him and I gave him a choice. Either he worked for me or I ensured that he would hang for killing my employees and destroying my property. Like any smart man, he started working for me and like any smart employer I keep him on a very, very short leash. He enjoys his comforts and in return his skills are mine to command. Now I'd want for the last member of our group to join, though if all of you have some so quickly I'm sure he isn't far behind. Though I think you all deserve to know why I called you here." She sat down, pouring a little bit of lemon and honey into her tea before, stirring it with a spoon. She took a few sips and set it back down.

"I invited you all here because by all accounts each all of you are good at what you do, and you want something, whether it's money, purpose, or a new life. Something someone with money and connections can provide you with, someone like me. As for your actual task. There's quite a bit that has been going on, the island of Mata Nui has been advancing...and yet there's still some questions that never got their answers. Like the destruction of the Kumu Islets or the deaths of the Turaga. Some would call it coincidence that the Turaga died within such a short time of each other. Those people I sincerely hope are the minority, this is not a coincidence. I'm launching my own investigation into this. All of you will be compensated for helping to find those responsible and bring them to task. Any questions?"

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC(Ignitus):

I put my hand on Kiron's shoulder.

"Wasn't your fault," I say. "We gotta move forward."

I take out Gravus' journal, staring at the blank black cover. I open it, flipping through the pages until I reach the charts.

"We keep moving west until we find land. For Gravus."

I step in front of the crew.

"I can't begin to say what we'll find," I tell them. "But whatever it is, be sure that Gravus will guide our path from Artahka."

OOC: First time trying out this listening stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g66UPTP6Mso

IC Jarkale and Lai Lai

(Endless Ocean, The Inika):

"I have written many entries in this chronicle of the Red Star Voyagers with great happiness and anticipation for adventure in my mind. Now that we are finally on sea, I have realized the many dimensions of adventure and the tragedy it sometimes brings.

When I wrote my last entry, the Toa of Gravity named Gravus was still alive and busy helping us with our voyage. He watched out for danger and helped us understand the star charts that will lead us below the Red Star. He was there. He was alive. We were so comfortable with the state of things, the unchanging flow of time. The eternity of security.

Now, Gravus is no more. Last night, Oriak finally did what I feared he would and betrayed our group. He took a sneaky, devious approach and slayed Gravus on board, even knowing what would happen to himself as a result. Indeed Ignitus soon executed that disgusting traitor with the consent of everyone else on board. That makes two deaths in a single day, though only one deserves mourning.

Gravus’ mask is now guiding us in front of The Inika. It was placed there by Ignitus, who believes it will bring fortune to us. I agree with his view. No matter how horrible Gravus’ murder was, it left us more determined than before and gave us a dire warning of what might become of all of us. May his spirit watch over us on our journey."

Jarkale put aside his pen and sighed. This was the first time he had had to address death so seriously in the Red Star Voyagers chronicle. The problem with being the Chronicler was that it made you live all events twice, both good and bad.

It was silent on the ship. Night had once more descended on the ocean and revealed the stars in the sky, including the Red Star. Jarkale wished to see this and thus put away his writing equipment and walked up on deck. He spotted Lai Lai sitting on a barrel, looking out at the ocean with misty eyes.

"Can't sleep?" Jarkale asked as he approached her. Lai Lai didn't turn. Instead, she kept staring ahead as she replied "No."

"You're still thinking of Gravus?"

Lai Lai nodded. "It's not even the fact that he was killed, but that he never really got to say goodbye to any of his friends. That he didn't get to experience anything but death on our journey. He was supposed to do things and... to find his destiny. A better one."

Jarkale rubbed his head. "Sometimes we think of destiny as some kind of happy ending in a fairytale. But then destiny puts us back in line." He sighed. "Gravus may have lost his life, but there's still his legacy. We'll make sure of that."

Lai Lai turned to Jarkale and smiled lightly. "You are a romantic soul, then."

Jarkale wasn't sure how to react. He looked around a few times in uncertainty and shrugged. "Well, I've been known to..."

The ship suddenly shook from the impact of... something. Lai Lai fell off the barrel she was sitting on and landed in Jarkale's arms. "Something struck The Inika!" Jarkale said, alarmed, and lowered Lai Lai on the floor of the deck.

Looking over the rail, Jarkale saw several angry and unusually large Tarakava attacking the ship, punching at the wooden hull with their fists. What drove them to such fury was beyond Jarkale, but it was clear something had to be done soon before The Inika was damaged.

"Alert! Attack!"

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Upvote 3

IC:

Hearing the call, Tuarn rushed out. He leaned over the deck slightly, trying to get a better look at the Tarakava,

"That's the biggest Tarakava I've ever seen! I'll reinforce the hull, somebody else can strike that thing."

He then used his power over plantlife to make a thick layer of trees and vines where the Rahi was striking, effectively doubling the hull's armour.

My BZPRPG Profiles

If you interact with me, and I haven't responded after a while, feel free to PM me.

IC(Ignitus and Xadah(The Inika)):

"Son of a !"

I reach the deck to find several rather nasty Tarakava attacking, Jarkale and Lai Lai sounding the alarm, and Tuarn trying to repair the ship faster than the angry Rahi could damage it.

"Haha! You'll make a fine supper! I love seafood! Take that! And that too, you son of an illegitimate goat!"

I turn around to see Xadah, drunk off his , hurling empty liquor bottles at the giant lizards.

Seeing only one option, I hurl a stream of flames at the attackers, doing my best to roast anything above the water.